The little boy big boyshow...

It is very interesting to watch the little boy show his talents,为什么不用shows而用showthe little boy 不是应该用shows,加s吗
句意:观看小男孩表演才艺真有趣.固定表达:watch sb + 动词原形,故此处 show 要用动词原形.句子结构:it是形式主语,真主语是to watch the .watch后跟的不是宾语从句,the little boy不是主语,show也不是谓语动词,故不可用shows.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
你好,这里用到了一个词组:watch sb do sth 看某人做某事,所以用watch的动词原形 很高兴为你解答,祝你学习进步!一刻永远523 为你解答~~如果你认可我的回答,请点击下面的【选为满意回答】按钮,谢谢~~如果还有其它问题,请另外向我求助,答题不易,敬请理解~~...
这里的show his talents是充当宾语补语(watch + 宾语 + 宾语补足语),是一个省略了to的动词不定式。
watch sb do sth
watch sb do sth 看某人做某事,完整的过程
watch sb do sth
扫描下载二维码41-44 BDAB&
【解析】略
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
“Racism (种族歧视) is a grown-up disease,” declares the saying on Ruby Bridge’s website along with a photo of Mrs. Bridge today, a 6-year-old girl four decades ago. In the photo, she is walking up the steps of the William Frantz Public School in New Orleans, a little black girl accompanied by two officers who protect her on her way to school.
&&&&&& Her name then was Ruby Nell. It was Nov. 14, 1960. She was the first black child to enroll at this all-white elementary school according to the court order to desegregate in New Orleans schools. Her story is moving -- she was a very courageous child -- and remains a significant proof against intolerance (不宽容) of all kinds. Ruby’s photo brings out another powerful image on her website: Norman Rockwells symbolic painting for Look magazine on Jan. 14, 1964, “The Problem We All Live With.”
&&&&&& Rockwell was an illustrator of exceptional skill and charm. He produced a vast number of unforgettable images over a long career, many of them involving children. His American kids are innocent and appealing, but often, at the same time, decidedly naughty. His method was to photograph his models, and the resulting paintings were photographic. But it is revealing to see how the artist slightly changed facial expressions from photo to oil painting in order to make his paintings communicate with the viewer. Communication, even persuasion, lay at
this was art for effect.
&&&&&& “The Problem We All Live With” belongs to Rockwell’s later work, when he began openly showing his strong belief in liberty. This is a highly persuasive image. Before he arrived at the final copy, one sketch (草图) shows the little girl closer to the two officers following her than to those in front. In the finished picture, the girl seems more determined, independent, and untouched. The unfriendly tomatoes thrown on the wall are behind her now, and she, is completely unaffected.
Ruby Nell was protected by officers on her way to school, because&&& .
&&&&&& A.she was a little fighter against racism
&&&&&& B.she was very young, short and timid
&&&&&& C.she was the first black to study in an all-white school
D.she was chosen by the com t0be’wi’th white children
According to the passage, “The Problem We All Live With” is a(n)&&&&& .
&&&&&& A.social program for American children
&&&&&& B.famous painting by Norman Rockwell
&&&&&& C.photo displayed on Ruby Bridges’ website
&&&&&& D.exhibition at the Norman Rockwell Museum
The word “desegregate” in paragraph 2 probably means“&&& ”.
&&&&&& A.fight against the white B.end racial separation
&&&&&& C.struggle for freedom D.stop the black-white conflict
The main topic of this passage is&&& .
&&&&&& A.how Rockwell encouraged Ruby to fight against racism
&&&&&& B.how Ruby won her fight to go to an all-white school
&&&&&& C.how Rockwell expressed his protest in .Iris work
&&&&&& D.how persuasive Rockwell’s earlier work of art is
来源:2012届河北省郑口中学高三年级12月月考英语试卷
In the modern world more and more people meet the problem of identity.The most interesting example is that of a so – called “banana”, which refers to an American who has an Asian face but holds Western values.In Shanghai, there now live a group of people from abroad.They look no different from the locals and speak fluent Chinese or even Shanghai dialect, but when it comes to writing Chinese characters, they are almost illiterate(文盲).Jack is such an example.He never learned to read or write Chinese characters, which he finds mysterious and difficult.From time to time, he files to the US as he does not feel Shanghai is where he comes from.“But when I am in the States, I feel that’s not my home either,” he said.At De Gaulle Airport in France, there is a Swiss man who has been living in the waiting – room for a long time because he lost h is passport during his travels.He was refused entry into several countries.But when he was eventually allowed to return to Swizerland, he refused to leave the airport.His reason was very simple—“I am sure who I am.I need no acknowledgement from others,” he said during an interview.For th is reason& he was honored by the Western media as “the Hero of identity.”As the Internet becomes more and more popular, the problem of identity becomes more serious.In a virtual world, people can have different addresses registered with different names.In the Internet chat room, even one’s gender(性别) is hard to determine.It seems that in the glohal village, people are saying hello every day to each other without knowing whom they are talking to.What will be the next crisis(危机) of identity? With the development of cloning technology, it might be: who is the real “I”?【小题1】What does the passage mainly talk about?A.The importance of identity.B.The crisis of identity.C.Differences between Eastern and Western cultures.D.Difficulty in living in foreign counties.【小题2】The Swiss man had to live in De Gaulle Airport in France because&&&&&&. A.he needed to board a plane at any time B.he couldn’t afford to live in a hotel C.he needed others acknowledgement D.he couldn’t prove who he was65.A “banana” in the passage is in fact an&&&&&. A.American traveling to Asia&& B.American keeping Eastern culture C.American born in Asia&&& D.America – born Asian【小题3】We can infer from the passage that the author believes&&&&&&.A.there will be more problems relating to identity in the futureB.Internet technology helps solve problems of identityC.only people traveling abroad have problems of identityD.people don’t need to worry about identity
来源:学年重庆市高三1月月考英语试卷(解析版)
Yousuf Karsh,the Canadian portrait artist who photographed many of the most influential figures of the 20th century,died in a Boston hospital on July l3 th,2002.He was 93.??? Working from a studio in Ottawa,Karsh produced famous portraits of such subjects as Winston Churchill,John F.Kennedy,Ernest Hemingway and Albert Einstein.Actually he has become almost as famous as his legendary subjects.In the latest edition of Who’s Who,which listed the most notable people of the last century,Karsh was the only Canadian of the 100 famous people listed——51 0f whom Karsh had photographed.??? As a master portraitist,often working in black and white.Karsh was famous for talking to his subjects as he was getting the shot’s composition just right,asking them questions and putting them at ease.In preparation,he read as much as he could about the sitters,but avoided having the idea beforehand of how he would photograph them.He sought, as he wrote in Karsh Portfolio in 1967,to capture the “essential element which has made them great,” explaining,“All I know is that within every mall a secret is hidden,and as a photographer, it is my task to reveal it if I can.”Karsh was born in America in 1908,and his uncle,George Nakash,brought him to John Garo,all outstanding photographer,to teach him in 1928.Four years later,Karsh set up his own studio in Ottawa.In December of 1941,his memorable portrait of Winston Churchill brought Karsh into international fame.Canada’s Prime Minister Mackenzie King arranged for him to photograph Churchill following Churchill’s speech in the House of Commons.Not told,Churchill lit up a cigar, “Why was I not told of this?’’ Karsh asked him to remove the cigar and,when he didn’t,stepped forward and gently removed it with the comment,“Forgive me,Sir.”Churchill glowered (怒目而视) as the shot was taken,then permitted Karsh to take still another,;jokingly commenting,“You can even make a roaring lion stand still to be photographed.” The Churchill portrait has since appeared in publications all over the world.??? Karsh traveled to London in 1943 with his portable studio —— an 8-by-10 view camera and many studio lamps to photograph such notables as George Bernard Shaw and the royal family.All these portraits fully illustrate Karsh’s ability.1.What did Karsh seek to do most in working?A.Capture the essence and greatness of the character.B.Present the true and vivid expression of the subject.C.Make the photograph more colorful and expressive.D.Reveal the idea he has got in preparing for the shot.2.The underlined word “sitters”in Para 3 probably means __________ .A.characters seated????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? B.subjects questionedC.models photographed????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? D.photographs taken3.The last three paragraphs are mainly developed by __________ .A.following time order????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? B.providing examplesC.making comparisons????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? D.giving causes and effects4.From the passage,we can learn that __________ .A.Churchill was asked to stand still when Karsh took a photograph of himB.Churchill’s portrait hanging in the House of Commons gave Karsh great fameC.Karsh was listed as one of the 100 notables by Who’s Who in the last centuryD.Karsh could skilfully adjust the subjects’ mood when photographing them 
来源:学年河北省高三年级12月月考英语试题
In the modern world more and more people meet
the problem of identity.The
most interesting example is that of a so – called “banana”, which refers
to an American who has an Asian face but holds Western values.
In Shanghai, there now live a group of people
from abroad.They look no
different from the locals and speak fluent Chinese or even Shanghai dialect,
but when it comes to writing Chinese characters, they are almost illiterate(文盲).Jack is such an example.He never learned to
read or write Chinese characters, which he finds mysterious and difficult.From time to time, he files to the US as he does not feel Shanghai
is where he comes from.“But when I am in the States, I
feel that’s not my home either,” he said.
At De Gaulle Airport in France, there is a
Swiss man who has been living in the waiting – room for a long time because he
lost h is passport during his travels.He was refused entry into several countries.But
when he was eventually allowed to return to Swizerland, he refused to leave the
airport.His reason was very simple—“I am sure who I am.I need no acknowledgement from others,” he said during an interview.For th is reason& he was honored by the Western media as “the
Hero of identity.”
As the Internet becomes more and more
popular, the problem of identity becomes more serious.In a virtual world, people can have
different addresses registered with different names.In
the Internet chat room, even one’s gender(性别) is hard
to determine.It seems that in the glohal village,
people are saying hello every day to each other without knowing whom they are
talking to.
What will be the next crisis(危机) of identity? With the development
of cloning technology, it might be: who is the real “I”?
1.What does the passage mainly talk about?
&& A.The importance of identity.
&& B.The crisis of identity.
&& C.Differences between Eastern and
Western cultures.
&& D.Difficulty in living in foreign
counties.
2.The Swiss man had to live in De Gaulle
Airport in France because&&&&&& .
&& A.he needed to board a plane at any time
&& B.he couldn’t afford to live in a hotel
&& C.he needed others acknowledgement
&& D.he couldn’t prove who he was
65.A “banana” in the passage is in fact
an&&&&& .
&& A.American traveling to Asia&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.American keeping Eastern culture
&& C.American born in Asia&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.America – born Asian
3.We can infer from the passage that the
author believes&&&&&& .
&& A.there will be more problems relating
to identity in the future
&& B.Internet technology helps solve
problems of identity
&& C.only people traveling abroad have
problems of identity
&& D.people don’t need to worry about
identity
来源:学年广东省高三9月月考英语卷
“Racism (种族歧视) is a grown-up disease,” declares the saying
on Ruby Bridge’s website along with a photo of Mrs. Bridge today, a 6-year-old
girl four decades ago. In the photo, she is walking up the steps of the William
Frantz Public School in New Orleans, a little black girl accompanied by two
officers who protect her on her way to school.
Her name then was Ruby Nell. It was Nov.
14, 1960. She was the first black child to enroll at this all-white elementary
school according to the court order to desegregate in New Orleans schools. Her
story is moving -- she was a very courageous child -- and remains a significant
proof against intolerance (不宽容) of all kinds. Ruby’s photo brings out another powerful image on
her website: Norman Rockwells symbolic painting for Look magazine on Jan. 14,
1964, “The Problem We All Live With.”
Rockwell was an illustrator of exceptional
skill and charm. He produced a vast number of unforgettable images over a long
career, many of them involving children. His American kids are innocent and
appealing, but often, at the same time, decidedly naughty. His method was to
photograph his models, and the resulting paintings were photographic. But it is revealing to see how
the artist slightly changed facial expressions from photo to oil painting in
order to make his paintings communicate with the viewer. Communication, even
persuasion, lay at
this was art for effect.
“The Problem We All Live With” belongs to
Rockwell’s later work, when he began openly showing his strong belief in
liberty. This is a highly persuasive image. Before he arrived at the final
copy, one sketch (草图) shows the little girl closer to the two officers following her
than to those in front. In the finished picture, the girl seems more
determined, independent, and untouched. The unfriendly tomatoes thrown on the wall are behind her now, and
she, is completely unaffected.
1.Ruby Nell was protected by officers on
her way to school, because&&&.
A.she was a little fighter against racism
B.she was very young, short and timid
C.she was the first black to study in an all-white school
D.she was chosen by the com t0be’wi’th white children
2.According to the passage, “The Problem We
All Live With” is a(n)&&&&&.
A.social program for American children
B.famous painting by Norman Rockwell
C.photo displayed on Ruby Bridges’ website
D.exhibition at the Norman Rockwell Museum
3.The word “desegregate” in paragraph 2
probably means“&&&”.
A.fight against the white
B.end racial separation
C.struggle for freedom
D.stop the black-white conflict
4.The main topic of this passage is&&&.
A.how Rockwell encouraged Ruby to fight against racism
B.how Ruby won her fight to go to an all-white school
C.how Rockwell expressed his protest in .Iris work
D.how persuasive Rockwell’s earlier work of art is
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!They make the little boy __the room every day A cleans B clean C to clean D cleaning10 He is __better than the othersA much B more C less D very12 The tall boy wins the show(同义句)The ___ ___the show is the boy应该选哪一个
1 Bmake sb do sth固定用法‘让某人做某事’2 Amuch修饰比较级‘ ……得多’3 winner of ……的赢者如果不明白,请再问;如果对你有所帮助,请点击本页面中的“选为满意回答”按钮,
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
c,个人认为。。。呵呵,爱信不信。
第一题A第二题winner of
扫描下载二维码请在这里输入关键词:
来源:学年度宁夏银川一中高一下学期期中考试英语卷
It was a quiet village in which there was a military camp. It was far from the towns and cities and there were some high mountains around. Of course it was a good place for training the new soldiers. But it was difficult for the young men to go outside. Mr. White, an officer of forty, was strict with them and he hardly let them leave the camp.Once Mr. White was ill in bed. He couldn’t work and a young officer, Mr. Hunt, began to train the new soldiers instead of him. He knew the young men well and let nine soldiers go to the nearest town to have a holiday. But night fell and none came back to the camp. He was worried about it and stood at the gate. It was five to twelve when Mr. Hunt decided to go to the town and see what was happening with the young men. He started the car quickly and set off. At that moment the nine soldiers came back. It seemed they were all drunk. Of course they found the officer was angry.“I’m sorry, sir,” said the first soldier. “I left the town on time. But something was wrong with my bus on my way here. I had to buy a horse and made it run fast. Bad luck! It died and I had to run back.”And the other seven soldiers said they were late for the same reasons. It was the last soldier’s turn. He said, “I’m sorry, sir. I got on a bus on time, but…”Having heard this, the officer became even angrier and stopped him at once. He called out, “If you say something was wrong with your bus, I’ll punish you at once!”“No, no, sir,” said the young man. “My bus was all right, but the dead horses were in its way!”【小题1】 The military camp was built in the village to _______. A.stop the soldiers going to townsB.stop the soldiers meeting their friendsC.train the new soldiersD.make the young men live quietly【小题2】 Mr. Hunt let the nine soldiers have a holiday because _______. A.he was kind and understandingB.they felt lonelyC.they had something important to doD.they were the best of all the soldiers【小题3】 The young officer was worried because _______. A.a traffic accident had happenedB.he was afraid something happened to the nine soldiersC.the nine soldiers didn’t come back on timeD.the nine soldiers drank too much in the town【小题4】 The nine soldiers returned to the camp late because _______. A.something was wrong with their busesB.their horses died on the return wayC.it took them much time to run backD.they all had drunk much in the town【小题5】 Which statement do you think is right? A.The officer believed only the last soldier.B.The officer believed the nine soldiers.C.The officer believed none of the nine soldiers.D.The officer wouldn’t punish his soldiers.
来源:学年山东省聊城市高三上学期12月月考英语卷
题型:单项填空
No one
believed his reason for being late&&&&&&& he
was caught in a traffic jam,&&&&& made him
embarrassed.
&&&&&& A. which&&&&& B. which&&&&& C. what D. what
来源:2013届浙江省湖州市高二第二次模块测试英语试卷
题型:单词拼写
单词拼写(共15小题, 每小题1分,满分15分)
1.Generally speaking, snow announces the
a__________ of winter.
2.The students can’t enter the lab without
the chemistry teacher’s a___________.
3. What can you do to c____________ to the
poor?
4.The twins are s__________ to each other
in appearance, but they have nothing in common in nature.
5.Charlie Chaplin, a famous actor, often
appeared on the stage, s________ his stick in the air.
6.Unfortunately, he was d_________ in the
last election.
7.The soldiers fought bravely to d________
against the enemies for their homeland.
8.The news that our team won spread
t_________ the whole school.
9.In my opinion, parents should be
s________ with their kids about table manners.
10.Children have a natural c_________ about
the world around them.
11.When he came to life, he found himself
lying on the bed, s_________ by many people.
12.Learning English as a second language
can be a big c__________.
13.The pigeon r________ peace, which is the
most important thing for human being.
14.Whenever he is late, he always has
v_______ reasons for his being late.
15.Everyone was silent as he a__________
the winner of competition.
来源:2010年高考英语试题分类汇编--广告应用文、新闻报道阅读理解
题型:完形填空
第二节完形填空(共20小题;每小题l.5分,满分30分)
&&& 阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入
空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
It was a busy morning,about 8:30,when an
elderly gentleman in his 80s came to the hospital。I heard him saying
to the nurse that he was in a hurry for an appointment(约会)at
9:30
The nurse had him take a&& 36&&&&& in the
waiting area,& 37& him it would be at least 40
minutes&&&
38&& someone would be able to see him。
I saw him&& 39&& his watch and decided,since
I was &&&40&&
&busy—my patient didn’t&& 41&& at the appointed hour, I would examine his wound .While taking care of his wound.I
asked him if he had another doctor’s appointment
The gentleman said no and told me that he&&
42&& to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his&
43& .。He told me that she had been &&44&&
for a while and that she had a special disease。I
asked if she would be &&&45&& if he was a bit late.
He replied that she &&46& &knew who he was,that
she had not been able to& 47&& him for five years now. I was&&
48&& ,and asked him,“And you& 49&& go every
morning,even though she doesn’t know who you are?”
&&& He
smiled and said.“She doesn’t know me
but I know
who she is” I
had to hold back&& 50& &as
he left.
Now I&&
51&&& that in
marriages,true love is&& 52&& of all that is。The
happiest people don’t &&53&&
have the best of
everything;they
just&
54&&& the best
of everything they have。&
55&& isn’t &about
how to live through the storm,but how to dance in the rain.
36 A
breath&&& &&&&&B.test&& &&&&&&&C
seat &&&&&&&&&D break
37 A
persuading&&& &B promising&&& &C
understanding &D telling
38 A
if&&& &&&&&&&&&B
before&&& &&&C since&& &&&&&&D
after
39 A
taking off&&& &&B.fixing&&&
&&&C looking at &&&&D winding
40.A
very&& &&&&&B also&&& &&&&&&C
seldom &&&&&&&D not
41 A
turn up&& &&&&&B show off&&& &&C
come on &&&&&&D go away
42 A
needed&&& &&&&B forgot&& &&&&&C
agreed &&&&&&&&D happened
43 A
daughter&& &&&&B wife&& &&&&&&C
mother &&&&&&&D sister
44 A.
late&&& &&&&&&B
well&&& &&&&&C around &&&&&&&&D.there
45 A
lonely&& &&&&&B worried&& &&&&C
doubtful&&&&&& &D hungry
46 A
so far&&& &&&&B neither&&& &&&&C
no longer&&&&& &D already
47 A
recognize&& &&B answer&&& &&&&C
believe &&&&&&&D expect
48 A
moved&&& &&&B disappointed&&& C
surprised&&&& &D satisfied
49 A
only&&& &&&&&B.then&&& &&&&&&C.thus
&&&&&&&&&&D still
50A
curiosity&& &&B tears& &&&&&&&&&C
words &&&&&&&&D judgment
51 A
realize&& &&&&B suggest&&& &&&&C
hope &&&&&&&&&D prove
52 A
agreement&&& B expression&&& &C acceptance &&&&&D
exhibition
53 A
necessarily&&& B completely&&& C.naturally
&&&&&D frequently
54 A.
learn&& &&&&&B make&& &&&&&&C.favor
&&&&&&&&&D.try
55 A
Adventure&&& B Beauty&&& &&&&C
Trust &&&&&&&&&D Life
(河北省正定中学2010届高三摸底考试)
A man came home from work late, tired and irritated(生气的, 不耐烦的), to find his 5-year-old son
waiting for him at the door.
“Daddy, may I ask you a question?”
“Yeah sure, what is it?”replied the man.
“Daddy, how much do you make an hour?”
“That’s none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?” the man
said angrily.
“I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?”
pleaded the little boy.
“If you must know, I make $ 20 an hour.”
“Oh, ” the little boy replied, with his head down. Looking up, he
said, “Daddy, may I please borrow $ 10?”
The father was furious(生气的), “If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money
to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to
your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I work hard
every day for such childish behavior.” The little boy quietly went to his room
and shut the door. The man sat down and, started to get even angrier about the
little boy’s questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?
After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think: Maybe
there was something he really needed to buy with that $ 10 and he really didn’t
ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy’s room and
opened the door. “Are you asleep, son?” He asked.
“No, daddy, I’m awake,” replied the boy.
“I’ve been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier,” said the
man. “It’s been a long day and I took out my aggravation(怒气)on you. Here’s the $10 you
asked for.”
The little boy sat straight up, smiling. “Oh, thank you, daddy!”He yelled. Then, reaching
under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled(皱皱巴巴的)up bills. The man, seeing that the boy already had
money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money,
then looked up at his father.
“Why do you want more money if you already have some?” the father
“Because I didn’t have enough, but now I do,” the little boy
“Daddy, I have $ 20 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come
home early tomorrow.
I would like to have dinner with you.”
45. When the man came home from work late, he______.
A. was tired but happy
B. was tired and angry at his son’s question
C. was tired but happy to find his son waiting for him at the door
D. was tired and angry to find his son waiting for him at the door
46. The little boy asked the question ______.
A. because he wanted to have dinner with his father
B. in order to borrow some money from his father to buy something
C. because he wanted to buy a toy
D. because he was just curious to know
47. After an hour or so, the man went to the little boy’s room and
A. saw if the boy was asleep
B. asked him what he needed to buy with that $ 10
C. said sorry to his son
D. gave $10 to his son
48. From this passage, we can infer that ______.
A. the boy would like to have dinner with his father
B. the boy often asked for money to buy some nonsense
C. the boy loved his father very much
D. the man would get even angrier at last
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!}

我要回帖

更多关于 cute boy什么意思 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信