mill to leavemilltown是什么牌子意思?

A very old lady won a million dollars in a lottery(彩票). Her son and her husband heard the news on the radio. “How are we going to tell your mother?” the man asked. “The news might kill her!”“That’s true,” the son said. “Perhaps we’d better speak to her doctor about it. He’ll know how to bring her the news gently.”They told the old lady’s doctor about this.“I’m glad you told me, ” he said “A shock(震惊), even a happy one, could give her a heart attack, leave it to me. I’ll find a way of bringing the news to her.”The doctor thought about the problem for several days, then decided what he would say.He called on the old lady and sat by her. He took her hand in his.“Let’s play a game, my dear,” he said. “‘Let’s pretend(假装)’ game.”“Oh, yes, ” the old lady said. “I love ‘Let’s pretend’ game.”“Good, I’ll ask you a question first, ” the doctor said, “Then you can ask me one.”He pretended to think for a few minutes. Then he said, “Tell me, what would you do if you won a million dollars in the lottery?”“Oh, that’s an easy one,” the old lady said, “I’d give most of it to you, doctor, because you have been so good to me all these years, doctor!” But the doctor was now lying on the floor. He had died of shock.小题1:Who won a million dollars in a lottery?A.The man.B.The son.C.The old lady.D.The doctor.小题2:What does “heart attack” mean in Chinese?A.攻击心脏.B.惊喜.C.心情.D.心脏病.小题3:Why did the doctor play ‘Let’s pretend’ game with the lady?A.Because he wanted to get the money.B.Because he wanted to bring her the news gently.C.Because he didn’t want to tell her the news.D.Because he wasn’t honest.小题4:Who had died of shock?A.The man.B.The son.C.The old lady.D.The doctor.小题5:What’s the best title for the passage?A.A Sad ShockB.A wonderful ShockC.An Interesting Shock D.A Lucky Shock - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:A very old lady won a million dollars in a lottery(彩票). Her son and her husband heard the news on the radio. “How are we going to tell your mother?” the man asked. “The news might kill her!”“That’s true,” the son said. “Perhaps we’d better speak to her doctor about it. He’ll know how to bring her the news gently.”They told the old lady’s doctor about this.“I’m glad you told me, ” he said “A shock(震惊), even a happy one, could give her a heart attack, leave it to me. I’ll find a way of bringing the news to her.”The doctor thought about the problem for several days, then decided what he would say.He called on the old lady and sat by her. He took her hand in his.“Let’s play a game, my dear,” he said. “‘Let’s pretend(假装)’ game.”“Oh, yes, ” the old lady said. “I love ‘Let’s pretend’ game.”“Good, I’ll ask you a question first, ” the doctor said, “Then you can ask me one.”He pretended to think for a few minutes. Then he said, “Tell me, what would you do if you won a million dollars in the lottery?”“Oh, that’s an easy one,” the old lady said, “I’d give most of it to you, doctor, because you have been so good to me all these years, doctor!” But the doctor was now lying on the floor. He had died of shock.小题1:Who won a million dollars in a lottery?A.The man.B.The son.C.The old lady.D.The doctor.小题2:What does “heart attack” mean in Chinese?A.攻击心脏.B.惊喜.C.心情.D.心脏病.小题3:Why did the doctor play ‘Let’s pretend’ game with the lady?A.Because he wanted to get the money.B.Because he wanted to bring her the news gently.C.Because he didn’t want to tell her the news.D.Because he wasn’t honest.小题4:Who had died of shock?A.The man.B.The son.C.The old lady.D.The doctor.小题5:What’s the best title for the passage?A.A Sad ShockB.A wonderful ShockC.An Interesting Shock D.A Lucky ShockA very old lady won a million dollars in a lottery(彩票). Her son and her husband heard the news on the radio. “How are we going to tell your mother?” the man asked. “The news might kill her!”“That’s true,” the son said. “Perhaps we’d better speak to her doctor about it. He’ll know how to bring her the news gently.”They told the old lady’s doctor about this.“I’m glad you told me, ” he said “A shock(震惊), even a happy one, could give her a heart attack, leave it to me. I’ll find a way of bringing the news to her.”The doctor thought about the problem for several days, then decided what he would say.He called on the old lady and sat by her. He took her hand in his.“Let’s play a game, my dear,” he said. “‘Let’s pretend(假装)’ game.”“Oh, yes, ” the old lady said. “I love ‘Let’s pretend’ game.”“Good, I’ll ask you a question first, ” the doctor said, “Then you can ask me one.”He pretended to think for a few minutes. Then he said, “Tell me, what would you do if you won a million dollars in the lottery?”“Oh, that’s an easy one,” the old lady said, “I’d give most of it to you, doctor, because you have been so good to me all these years, doctor!” But the doctor was now lying on the floor. He had died of shock.小题1:Who won a million dollars in a lottery?A.The man.B.The son.C.The old lady.D.The doctor.小题2:What does “heart attack” mean in Chinese?A.攻击心脏.B.惊喜.C.心情.D.心脏病.小题3:Why did the doctor play ‘Let’s pretend’ game with the lady?A.Because he wanted to get the money.B.Because he wanted to bring her the news gently.C.Because he didn’t want to tell her the news.D.Because he wasn’t honest.小题4:Who had died of shock?A.The man.B.The son.C.The old lady.D.The doctor.小题5:What’s the best title for the passage?A.A Sad ShockB.A wonderful ShockC.An Interesting Shock D.A Lucky Shock科目:最佳答案小题1:C小题2:D小题3:B小题4:D小题5:A解析
知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心[Province:
ball mill used sleave
Trade Term:
Payment Terms:
Trade on HiSupplier, Worry Free Guarantee
oTrading safety, secure your money, lower the risk, protect both buyers and suppliers
oHiSupplier is a Chinese multinational company in U.S, it helps to coordination and order landing.
Company Profile
Company Info
Newfoton Group Limited established in 1996, adheres to core value of human-oriented and cooperation for mutual benefits, and takes the responsibility for building a harmonious ecological civilization. Newfoton formed own industrial system including machining, industrial parts production, mining equipment production, product line designing and installation and so on. The application covers mining, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, marine, wind power, hydropower,&Nuclear power and militaryspac...
Company Profile
Year Company Registered:
Annual Sales Amount:
US$50 – 100 Million
Total No. of Staff:
101 – 500 People
No. of R&D Staff:
11 – 20 People
OEM Services Provided:
Payment Terms:
Business Type:
Manufacturer, Trading Company
Quality Certificate:
Main Export Markets:
Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Southeast Asia
Competitive Advantage:
There is more experience, technical support, reasonable price, providing a hydraulic support program.Newfoton insists that quality is survival foundation from beginning of a single machining factory to compound type group continuously, and devotes to creating a world-famous brand.
Brand Name:
Place of Origin:
Liaoning&&
Min.Order:
Production Capacity:
200 tons years
Packing:in carton
Delivery Date:
ball mill used sleave
Send message to this supplier
sarah song
Tel: 86-412-2555957
Enter between 20 to 3,000 chatacters.
Contact Method
newfoton hydraulic trading co,.ltd
32 Building .1 ZhonggangSquare, New-tech District,
China (Mainland)
Brand Name:newfoton&
Place of Origin:Liaoning&
Payment & Shipping Terms:
Unit Price: 200.0 USD
Trade Term: FOB
Payment Term:
Min.Order:
Supply Capacity:
Production Capacity: 200 tons years
Packing: in carton
Delivery Date: two weeks
[Province:&]&&
Send message to this supplier
sarah song
Tel: 86-412-2555957
Enter between 20 to 3,000 chatacters.
Contact Method
newfoton hydraulic trading co,.ltd
32 Building .1 ZhonggangSquare, New-tech District,
China (Mainland)
Didn't find what you're looking for?
contact our
User Guide
Featured Partners:
Follow Us:
Browse by:
Language Option:
Copyright (C)
Online Inc. All Rights Reserved.Scott McDonald to leave Middlesbrough for Millwall | Football | Sport | Express.co.uk
Scott McDonald to leave Middlesbrough for Millwall
Scott McDonald to leave Middlesbrough for Millwall
SCOTT MCDONALD has moved a step closer to joining Millwall after quitting Middlesbrough.
McDonald is nearing a move to London
McDonald, 29, will become a free agent this week after ripping up his Boro contract. And Championship rivals Millwall will make a move to land the Australian striker.Boro boss Tony Mowbray said: &We&ve shaken hands & there is a fair chance Scott will be moving on.&
Most read in FootballWorkers Alerted Company To Problems With Prineville Mill Roof Before Collapse .
Now Playing:
Workers Alerted Company To Problems With Prineville Mill Roof Before Collapse
SLIDESHOW: Portraits and perspectives of Woodgrain Millwork and the Prineville facility's roof&collapse.
Former Woodgrain Millwork employees paint a picture of a work environment where building maintenance was lax and the roof leaked for&years.
On Nov. 13, 2014, Tod Halsey noticed something strange about one part of the roof under the cut shop at Woodgrain Millwork. It was sagging between two&beams.
&It was literally bowing,& said Halsey, a forklift driver who worked at the mill for 28 years. &It looked like it was&smiling.&
&I told supervisors,& he said. &They came out and looked at it and said it would be all&right.&
The sagging roof troubled Halsey, but he said even he would not have guessed what would&come.&
That night, heavy snow blanketed the Central Oregon town of Prineville. By 6 a.m. Nov. 14, many mill workers couldn&t get out of their driveways in time for work. Later, many would say how lucky they were to be housebound by&snow.
Halsey was one who made it in to work. At the start of his shift, he noticed the same section of the roof drooping even more. He said he again alerted a&boss.&
As Halsey and a supervisor were returning for a second look at the roof, he said, he heard a loud pop over an area where lumber was cut and processed, called the “cut&shop.”
A major section of Woodgrain Mill’s roof started to&collapse.
Next he heard a long, metal groan. He looked up and watched as the roof began to tear in two above&him.
Amanda&Peacher/OPB
Halsey saw a momentary flash of gray sky as the roof pulled apart, and then everything around him turned pitch black. He was enveloped in dust. He heard gushing water and&shouting.&&
A section of the roof larger than a football field collapsed about 30 yards in front of him. If the roof had come down 15 seconds later, Halsey said, he would have been&underneath.
As it turned out, nobody was hurt when the roof fell that day. But Halsey didn’t know that at the time. He would spend the next hour beaming the lights of his forklift into the darkness, searching for his co-workers.
The Roof&Collapse
Workers interviewed for this story paint a picture of an environment at Woodgrain where building maintenance was lax and the roof leaked for years.& The former Woodgrain workers described what they saw as a number of unsafe conditions and potential safety hazards at the mill, even before the roof&collapsed.
When the former employees talk about the day the roof fell, they tend to say similar&things.
&If it happened 10, 15 minutes earlier we might have been going to funerals,& said Henry Helmholtz, who worked at Woodgrain 32&years.
&I&m really surprised that somebody wasn&t killed,& said Mary Sanislo, who worked in the cut&shop.
On most days, about 16 people worked in the cut shop area. A key piece of equipment was frozen when the workers who did make it in that day arrived at the start of the shift, so cut shop workers were in a different part of the mill as the machine&thawed.
John&Rosman/OPB
Woodgrain officials said they could not have predicted that the large section of roof would fall to the ground so suddenly and&dramatically.&
&Clearly the building is not new, but I had no reason to believe the integrity of the building was in doubt,& Woodgrain Millwork Vice President Greg Easton said in an email. The statement from Easton is one of the few comments Woodgrain provided to OPB about its operations. He responded via email, but declined multiple requests for in-person or telephone interviews. Easton did not answer detailed follow-up questions, via email, about concerns raised by former&workers.
OPB also contacted Benjamin Barron, former director of operations at Woodgrain&s Prineville facility. He left the company a few months after the roof collapse. “All I can say is Woodgrain was a good company to work for,” Barron said in a brief phone&conversation.
Sunlight pours into the mill from the roof& hole after the November 14th collapse. The metal pipe visible in the background fell directly along a cut line, where multiple workers would typically be stationed cutting&lumber.
Courtesy Sam Rufener, former Woodgrain&worker
Oregon&s Occupational Safety and Health Administration investigated three days after the roof collapse, arriving on Nov. 17 in response to an anonymous complaint. In the OHSA report, the inspector wrote, &one of the buildings in the facility had collapsed after snow fall.& Oregon OSHA confirmed with the company that the roof had a history of leaks, but did not find that the roof over the cut shop had any preexisting signs that it might collapse. OSHA did not cite the&company.
OPB interviewed 23 former Woodgrain workers about safety, obtained minutes of internal company safety committee meetings, and spoke to former members of that committee. Of those, 19 were laid off before or after the mill closed, two had retired and two had decided to leave the company.
A History Of&Leaks
Many of the workers’ concerns resulted from water falling through the roof and creating safety hazards on the ground. Some workers said they didn’t expect the roof to collapse, but they described visible holes and roof insulation falling in parts of the&mill.
Headquartered in Idaho, Woodgrain is a global company known for manufacturing moldings, doors and windows. It owns five mills similar to the one in Prineville, and many more manufacturing facilities across the U.S.& After the collapse, Woodgrain shut down most Prineville operations and laid off nearly 200&employees.
Woodgrain describes itself as &one of the largest millwork operations today& with eight sub-companies, including one in&Chile.
In 2004, Woodgrain bought the Prineville operation. The mill was a massive, 14-acre facility with 257&employees.
When asked about the condition of the roof, Easton, the Woodgrain VP, wrote in an email, &We have maintained property insurance since operating the facility and met the expectations of our&insurer.”
But when it rained or snowed, workers said, the roof leaked throughout the mill&not just under the area that&collapsed.
Each of the 23 former Woodgrain workers and supervisors interviewed for this story described a roof riddled with leaks that dripped on workers and mill&equipment.
John&Rosman/OPB
In fact, Oregon OSHA found that the day before the collapse, water was leaking onto an electrical panel near the area where the roof fell. “Maintenance personnel covered the electrical panel with plastic,” the OSHA report&stated.
&The water was just pouring over it,& said cut-shop worker&Sanislo.
OPB obtained& that show roof leaks came up as a problem even then.& A former employee who was on the committee provided a copy of the minutes to OPB, but asked not to be&identified.
&from Nov. 2010 make reference to ongoing roof&problems.
Another source, who also asked for anonymity, provided minutes from a safety committee meeting in 2011 that mentioned “slip hazards,” “puddles” and “roof&leaks.”
Peggy Murphy managed inventory at Woodgrain. She described leaks throughout the building, and onto electrical&equipment.&
&It was a downpour on some of those machines. Like if you were standing in a shower,” she said.Workers dealt with the leaks as best they could. They&d place buckets at their feet so they wouldn&t get&soaked.
John&Rosman/OPB
Brian Godat, a forklift driver, said he sliced a 50-gallon bucket in half and placed it sideways on two sawhorses to catch water at stairs, not far from the cut shop where the roof collapsed. During heavy rain, workers said, the bucket would fill every few&hours.
Workers said they hung plastic sheets above cut saws to redirect the&water.
According to former workers, maintenance staff instructed them to mark problematic leaks with red tape. Sam Rufener, who supervised the cut shop, remembers the red tape on several electrical panels. He said those leaks were not&fixed.
Workers also described one high-traffic area where a 3-inch puddle formed. It was in the cut shop, where the roof later&collapsed.
&It would make a pool in that one area probably 40 feet in diameter,& said Dennis Adams, a forklift mechanic who worked at the mill for 25 years. He retired last year before the&collapse.&
Forklift driver Tony McLain named it &Lake Woodgrain.& Adams said drivers had to drive through it, and it sometimes made the forklift brakes&ineffective.
Oregon OSHA provided OPB with its policies around workplace maintenance. One policy says, “The floor of every work room shall be maintained in a clean and, so far as possible, a dry&condition.”
When it comes to equipment used to provide electricity like electrical panels, OHSA policy says, &Unless identified for use in the operating environment no conductors or equipment shall be located in damp or wet&locations.”
John&Rosman/OPB
In addition to leaks, workers had to deal with cold temperatures inside the&mill.
OPB obtained Woodgrain&s temperature policy from a former supervisor who asked not to be named. It states that “heat is used for manufacturing purposes only and not for&comfort.”
Workers said they bundled in thick layers and put chemical hand warmers inside gloves and boots to keep warm. They said grading or cutting lumber was challenging in bulky clothes, because that type of work requires&dexterity.
There’s no OSHA rule that requires workplaces to provide&heat.
Woodgrain did not respond to specific email questions about the roof leaks, puddles on the floor, or its heating&policy.
In his email, Woodgrain VP Easton wrote about overall safety policies at the company: &Safety is a perpetual priority for all of our operations and we work every day to improve it through policies, training, internal reviews or audits and employee committees and&participation.”
“I don’t know anything firsthand about the condition of the roof pre-collapse,” Easton wrote.& He is based in Idaho, and said he took responsibility for the Prineville operation in September 2014, not long before the roof collapsed.
Years Of Worker&Complaints
Former employees said they regularly filed complaints about the roof through a safety reporting system called &AIM HI,” short for “Analysis, Investigate, Meetings, Housekeeping and&Interact.&
The safety committee reviewed the& workers submitted. OPB spoke to four people who served on that committee at different&times.
The roof was discussed &many, many, many times,& said Tim Chandler, night shift superintendent and former chairman of the safety&committee.
&I can&t tell you how many times a month I got AIM HI cards on the roof,& said Willia Bucholz, a former member of Woodgrain&s safety committee. &But it was a big&deal.&
Murphy, who did inventory and tech support, was also on the safety committee.& She said that at one meeting Woodgrain management told the committee, &Tell your people to quit filling out AIM HI cards about the roof.& We&re not going to fix it. It&s not going to&happen.”
Amanda&Peacher/OPB
Chandler said the safety committee discussed water dripping on workers and equipment, and potential slip or trip hazards. But, he added, no one discussed the water coming through the roof as potentially compromising the&building.
&I&m absolutely certain that no one there, including me, had any idea that the structural integrity of the structural support system was weak or undermined,& Chandler said. &Rufener, who supervised the cut shop under the area where the roof collapsed, worked at the mill for 30 years. His workers describe him as a good listener who looked out for their best interests. When he talks about cut shop workers, he calls them &my people.& On the day the roof collapsed, Rufener was on vacation, elk hunting. Had he been at work, he said, he would have turned on a heater the night before to keep equipment from freezing in the cut shop. And, he said, he’s keenly aware that because equipment was frozen, workers weren’t under the roof that&day.
&The roof came all the way down to the floor right where people were usually working,& Rufener&said.
Both Chandler and Rufener said that problems at the mill were sometimes neglected because the maintenance department was short-staffed. Several workers said that, over the years, Woodgrain cut the maintenance crew from around 20 workers to about&six.
John&Rosman/OPB
Workers and supervisors described ongoing frustration with the lack of maintenance. &They didn&t want to deal with a lot of things about the building itself,& Murphy said. “The machinery? If they could fix it, then yeah they did but the building and the structure of it & whether it be the floors or the wall or the ceiling & they didn&t&care.&
Sawdust would accumulate on the roof of the mill, several workers said. Woodgrain did not remove accumulated sawdust from the roof for years, according to several workers, who told OPB that when other companies owned the mill, sawdust was swept from the roof&annually.
Tuck Green, who worked in maintenance for 15 years, estimated that a dump truck load of sawdust was removed from the roof every year. Adams, the forklift mechanic, said he used to help with sawdust removal every summer. The last time he remembers the roof being swept was 2008.& He left the company in&2014.
Occasionally workers were sent up to the roof to patch&leaks.
Godat, the forklift driver, said he worked on the roof five or six times alone or with one other person in 2014. He was frustrated by how few leaks he was able to fix, given the scope of the&challenge.
&It needed attention,& Godat said of the roof. &You guys need to get maintenance guys looking at that,& he said he told supervisors. &I said that a bunch of times.&
Oregon OSHA: ‘This Inspection Could Have Been More&Thorough.’
The anonymous complaint that brought Oregon OSHA out to the mill after the collapse said, “The day before the employer was aware that the roof was unstable, and leaking water, in the building and on an electrical&panel.”
The inspector&s visit was narrowly focused on the roof collapse so, state OSHA officials said, he was not responsible for investigating safety overall. But they also said that during any site visit inspectors can probe about potential safety&concerns.&
The inspector did not ask detailed questions about the leaks or potential hazards in an environment where water was falling onto workers, equipment and the concrete floor, according to OSHA. He did not ask how long the roof had been leaking, or if it had ever leaked onto electrical panels in the&past.
&When I look at this case there are some things that I think, with hindsight and the advantage of reviewing it after the fact, that perhaps I prefer that he&d asked a few more questions,& said state OSHA Administrator Michael Wood.& &But I don&t think that translates to he didn&t do his job. It&s more of an acknowledgment that we can always do a little bit more thorough job than we&did.&
OSHA declined OPB&s multiple requests to speak directly with the inspector, Hank&Larson.
Easton, Woodgrain&s vice president, and Barron, then-director of operations, were two of the three employer representatives present for the inspection, along with someone from human resources, according to the state OSHA&report.
Alan&Sylvestre/OPB
During the inspection, Woodgrain managers told the inspector that the roof that collapsed had a history of leaks, and that water was leaking onto an electrical panel before the collapse, according to the OSHA&report.
Most of the mill shut down after the collapse, so few employees were on site during the inspection. OSHA can interview employees at home. But this time, the inspector&didn&t.
&This inspection could have been more thorough,& Wood said. &With the ability to look at this in retrospect, it certainly should have been more thorough. He should have talked to some additional&folks.&
In addition to the company managers, Larson interviewed two employees at the work site before closing the case. Both told him that the roof&leaked.
John&Rosman/OPB
Before the post-roof-collapse visit, the last time Oregon OSHA inspected the mill was in 2010. At the time, OSHA cited the company for five violations. Four involved equipment at the mill and one citation was for failing to report a workplace injury that had hospitalized a worker for four&nights.
Oregon OSHA says it has limited staff. The agency has resources to visit just about 3 percent of Oregon workplaces annually. The tradeoff of spending more time at one site could mean that inspectors visit fewer workplaces&overall.
And in this case, nobody was injured or died when the roof came&down.
&The fact that there was a potential fatality does not elevate it to the same level of investigation that we would conduct if there was an actual fatality,& Wood said. &I think the clearest difference is that we would have done additional&interviews.&
Despite the conditions, most workers said that they enjoyed their jobs and that co-workers were like family. But some also look back in anger at the way the company treated&them.
Murphy, who worked at the plant for 20 years, said she feels wronged by&Woodgrain.
&They&re going to send you in there knowing that that roof was bad? That&s crazy to me. To me, that&s like, this business, that product, this money is bigger than you. Bigger than your life, than your kids and your&family.&
OPB | Feb. 01, 2017
Related Content
Woodgrain Millwork Slideshow
SLIDESHOW: Portraits and perspectives of Woodgrain Millwork and the Prineville facility's roof collapse.}

我要回帖

更多关于 milltown是什么牌子 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信