July 15, 2016
July 14, 2016
July 14, 2016
July 14, 2016
July 14, 2016
July 13, 2016
10 Ways Car Dealers Make Money Off You
March 9, 2009
At some point in our lives, we all have to buy a car.
Whether it be brand new or second hand, we usually end up going through a dealer.
This list is designed to help you save money by not being ripped off by the little tricks that dealers use to maximize their profit and your loss.
Be sure to give other tips for saving on a new car in the comments.
This is the most obvious of ways a car dealer makes a profit. The difference between the dealer cost (invoice) and MSRP is typically 5-10%. This may not sound like a ton of mark-up, but when you consider that you’re dealing with thousands of dollars then the profit margin could be quite significant. For example, a car that a dealer pays $30,000 could generate a profit of around three-thousand dollars. And then multiple that times a few hundred cars a month, and a car dealer could make almost a million dollars a month on mark-up alone.
When a dealer sells a new car (not a pre-owned), the sale is RDR’d to the manufacturer (basically informing the manufacturer that one of their units has been sold). Once this sale has been verified, the manufacturer pays the dealer a set amount of money for “hold-back” and advertising. This amount is listed on the invoice in a less-than-obvious location and is often abbreviated/written in a way that a customer will be unable to figure out the information in the event he sees the actual invoice. For example: if an educated customer will only pay a certain percentage over invoice, then that percentage is calculated by the “invoice” price before any “hold-back” or advertising is deducted. Once the deal is funded and the contract is RDR’d, the manufacturer will send the dealer a pretty substantial amount of money (I’ve seen some “hold-back” and advertising fees as much as $1500).
When a person trades in a car, the dealer will surely attempt to undervalue the trade to make an immediate profit, and then a profit later when the trade is sold. The immediate profit comes from what is called the ACV (actual cash value). If a trade is really worth $11,500 (ACV) and the dealer only shows the customer $10, 500, then there is an immediate thousand dollar profit from the start. The trick is to know where a dealer gets his appraisal information (the most common are Black Book and Manheim Auction Reports. Dealers will RARELY match Kelly Blue Book and NADA) and work off that number to get a fair value for your trade. The other means the dealer will make a profit is when he sells your trade in. There are many financial and credit factors that can generate a profit from your trade. Simple example: your trade is bought from the dealer for $10,000. The dealer will then send your car through service and detail and make sure it is prepped for retail and safe to drive (he’ll also insure the car in most instances). Your old car will now be put up for sale for $13,999. Now, here’s where many factors come is based on the potential buyers situation. The lenders will “book out” a car based on a standard process (typically, a program called Dealer-Track will provide access to NADA for the banks and the dealerships to see how much a car can be sold for). Banks will loan a certain percentage of the cars loan value based on the customer’s credit worthiness. Let’s say the car “books out” for $13,125 (this is 100%), and the potential buyer has great credit. The lender will loan up to 135% of the cars value for that customer. Which means the dealer can sell the car to that well-qualified customer for over $17,000 and make a nice profit ($7,000). On the other hand, if a person has poor credit, then the banks will loan less than 100% and the dealer will have to take the deal at a lesser profit, or the customer will have to put some cash down to generate a profit the dealer will agree to.
New and Used cars are “packed.” This is a number that is immediately added to the car (in addition to the already existing mark-up). This is typically money that goes to pay the owner. The amount of pack varies between dealerships, new, used, etc, but I have never seen a “pack” less than $500. I’ve even seen some cars “packed” $1500. Let’s say a dealership sell 250 cars in one month, and the average “pack” is $1000: the owner makes a nice quarter million dollars a month on “pack” alone (3 million a year- not a bad salary).
This is the biggest farce of them all. This is a dollar amount the dealer says goes to pay for the process of handling your paperwork, tag work, title work, tax work, loaner car, etc. The doc fees will fluctuate from dealer to dealer (I’ve seen $299 to $699). This is a legitimate process that does require paying a handful of people for their work, but- in no way does it cost anywhere close to the amount they’re charging. Most of the paperwork can be done is a few minutes and over the phone, internet, fax, etc. The overage naturally goes into management’s pockets.
Bad bad business practice right here. A “bump sticker” is legitimate-looking sticker that the dealer places next to the manufacturer’s window sticker with a higher priced MSRP than the actual MSRP. The dealer will try and justify this added cost by suggesting the car had some special product applied to the paint or the fabric, or some window etching was done, or they’ll try and itemize all the work that needed to be done to get the car prepped for retail (insurance, gas, detail, service, PDI- [post delivery inspection], etc), or they might try and tell you that this car had additional mark up because it’s a “hot item” and people are paying over retail for that car. It’s all a joke and educationally insulting. The theory is once the “bump sticker” is negotiated away, then the customer will feel that he got a pretty substantial discount, when- in fact- he’s simply paid full MSRP for the car: not a very good deal.
When a customer agrees to numbers, they will have to go the F and I office (Finance and Insurance) to finalize the car deal. This is where all the legal forms are signed, etc. However, this is also where a lot of money is made for the dealership. One of the big money makers in the car business comes from the sale of Extended Service Contracts (extended warranty). I would say nine out of ten extended warranties will cover things that are never likely to break. Additionally, you’ll need to pay a deductible (on top of the $1400 dollars you just paid for the warranty) each time you try and use the warranty. The mark up for this product is typically mandated by the state you live in, but you can expect to pay twice its original value. One good thing about an extended service agreement is that most of them are refundable (prorated based on what you haven’t used). Additionally, a certified pre-owned model is typically a better bet than an extended service agreement (because it’s backed by the manufacturer’s name. Extended warranties are typically backed by the private dealer with a lot less public reputation at stake).
Now this is a product that I strongly recommend you buy: it could turn out to worth its weight in gold. However, you don’t have to pay $599 for it at the dealership when you can get it at your local credit union for $150. Basically, GAP insurance satisfies the car loan in the event of theft or total loss. Your insurance company will only pay ACV for your loss, but GAP insurance picks up the “negative equity” you have remaining on your loan. For example: My car is worth $11,000, but I owe $16,000. In the event of a total loss of my car, the insurance company will only pay my lender $11,000 towards the loan leaving me having to come out of my pocket $5000 to satisfy the loan. However, GAP insurance pays the difference and I’m off Scott free to go buy a new car free and clear of any additional payment on the lost car.
A person with good credit should never have to put a down payment towards the purchase of a new car. However, there are some instances where it may be a necessary (too much negative equity in trade, personal need to lower monthly note, etc). But typically, if a customer is satisfied with their payment, and they don’t have a significant amount of negative equity, then the bank should have no problem lending money to a well qualified buyer. Sometimes a salesman or sales manager will say ‘The lender is requiring 20% down,” or they might say “You’re going to have to pay your taxes in cash. The bank will finance the car, but they will not finance any taxes or fees.” This is a lie. If you can secure your own financing (personal bank, credit union, etc) before you buy, then that would be in your best interest and eliminate a lot of the shenanigans that can happen at the dealership. Additionally, when the sales managers offer is itemized with a down payment and payment listed, the payment- more times than not- can be retained without the requested money down. Down payments usually result in sheer profit for the dealership.
This little gem is another reason car dealers get a bad rap. When a sales manager submits your application to lenders for approval, the lenders will reply with what’s called a “call back.” The “call back” details the requirements for the loan. Example: let’s say the sales manager submits the numbers to a prime lender- we’ll use BB & T- for approval. BB & T will reply with terms (24/36/48/60/72 months), maximum amount financed, stip’s (proof of income, proof or residency, references, etc), and what’s called a “buy rate.” The “buy rate” is the interest rate the lender has approved for the loan- let’s use 7.9%. Well, here’s where the finance manager can steal from you. Typically, the lender will allow the dealership to make 2 points of rate if you’re still ok with the payment. That means the rate you’ve earned is 7.9%, but the dealer can contract you at 9.9% and the bank will pay the dealer the overage from the rate. This puts LOTS of cash in their pockets. Next time you buy a car and finance with one of the dealerships banks ask the finance manager to see the call back from the bank and compare that rate with the interest rate he’s trying to sign you up for. If he refuses, then he’s holding points of rate and he doesn’t want you to see that he’s trying to get you to pay a higher rate.
Contributor: Kay Jay
October 9, 2010
March 31, 2013
May 31, 2013
September 28, 2007GETS OVER YOU
I Can’t Speak For You
Your man seems complete
He’s got gators on his feet
Never can be found looking up and down
At those girls on the street
But I know what he has done
When the curtains have been drawn
Been treating you cruel, acting like a fool
Girl you should be gone
Speak for yourself ’cause I can’t speak for you
Can’t be good when he’s bad for you
He might buy you enough
To keep from bringing up this stuff
Girl you need to get it straight, I won’t hesitate
To tell you who is ruling what
Might have a diamond on that ring
But you are wrapped around his finger
He’s got another one under his thumb
If I were you I wouldn’t linger
Speak for yourself ’cause I can’t speak for you
Can’t be good when he’s bad for you
I never met a good man
And I’ve been searching all my days
I never met a good man
One that understands this woman’s ways
And if we should wonder if he’s a good lover
Girl don’t wait now, just give it to him straight
Say no, no, no
Still looking for that good man
He don’t have to wear those fancy threads
Still looking for that good man
Got his own bank roll and a heart that ain’t dead
I won’t get discouraged, I know you’ll be worth it
While I’m waiting tell these fools I ain’t playing
Say no, no, no
No I don’t know how long I can keep it inside
When I think of you and me together
Don’t make things black and white
Cause I know your lady
I won’t get discouraged, I know you’ll be worth it
While I’m waiting tell these fools I ain’t playing
He is so fine and his treasure is all mine
She don’t get it
See I never met a good man ’til I met your man
Can’t Keep Running
You called even when I said I wouldn’t see you
I’m sure, I’m sure enough that I just can delete you
Seven minute messages are on my phone
I can tell you’re calling from your mama’s home
Did you think ’bout what I said
Can’t you get it through your head
I am gone and never coming back
And I just can’t keep running around with you
I just can’t keep wasting my time on you
No no I’m done running around, acting a fool for you
It’s true that I’m done with you
I saw a ride outside and someone in the backseat
I looked close. I saw you in the clothes that you wore since last week.
Watching me through the night won’t bring back
I’m asking you to leave, no I won’t buy your gas
Did you think ’bout what I said
Can’t you get it through your head
I am gone and never coming back
And I just can’t keep running around with you
I just can’t keep wasting my time on you
No no I’m done running around, acting a fool for you
No no I’m done running with you
I just can’t keep running around with you, babe
Tell Everyone The Truth
Lying here alone I feel deserted
Everything he promised me, blinded me, I couldn’t see
That I’d be the one who’s left here hurtin
And if thinks I’ll play the part with a broken heart
I’m not gonna stay calm, not gonna stay home
Tell everyone the truth
Babe you’re gonna pay
Tell everyone the truth
I didn’t wanna go there but I’m a say it anyway
Tell everyone the truth
You messed up and now it’s time for you
Tell everyone the truth
Did you ever stop and think who you were hurting?
While you’re living this whole double life
You bruised my heart but you broke your wife’s
Yeah that’s right I found out. I know all about her
And if he thinks I’ll play the part with a broken heart
Won’t be long before she finds out, best come from your mouth
Tell everyone the truth
Babe you’re gonna pay
Tell everyone the truth
Tell everyone the truth
Tell everyone the truth
You broke my heart and I let you
You tore it apart said “forget you”
What if I just don’t run back
I don’t run back to you child
You broke my heart and I let you
You tore it apart said “forget you”
What if I just don’t run back
To a broken heart
I’m not gonna stay calm, not gonna stay home
Tell everyone the truth
Babe you’re gonna pay
Tell everyone the truth
Tell everyone the truth
Tell everyone the truth
You better tell her about me
Should’ve Told Me
We are driving and I can see the southside skyline
You are holding me close and everybody’s feeling alright
We stepped outside in your ride but then I see your face
Is there something on your mind?
Now we’re in love
It’s been a great eight months with you
But there’s another
She’s been around longer than you
Baby it is plain to see
You should’ve told me ’bout your lover
The next night at a party everybody’s watching nobody wants to move
Let’s go home and play our records, baby
Drop that needle watch it catch in the groove
It’s finally time to get mine but then I see your face
Is there something on your mind?
Now we’re in love
But there’s another
Baby it is plain to see
Now we’re in love
But there’s another
Baby it is plain to see
I Could Kiss You (I Could Cry)
I know don’t want to lose anybody
Don’t want to see any heartbreak anymore
In the cold I can feel all the people
I can see other lives will just go on
But we got to fight it
Baby we can’t let go
We can’t deny it
It’s something that we both know
I know when they get back to their place
Never see their baby’s face again
So hard, what it makes me feel inside
I could kiss you, I could cry for them
But we got to fight it
Baby we can’t let go
We can’t deny it
It’s something that we both know
We know somebody’s hurting all alone
I could be suffering on my own all alone
Don’t want to lose anybody
Don’t want to see any heartbreak anymore
I know don’t want to lose anybody
I could kiss you, I could cry for them
He Used To Be
We’re back at it again
All my lovers understand
You do what you can
To make it fly
But then there comes a day
He’s tired of all the pain
Decides he just can’t stay
And you’re left to cry
All that I can say is that I used to be
I used to be his baby
There’s nothing left to say but that I used to be
I used to be his baby
He comes to get his things
He’s dropping off his ring
No words I can sing
Will be enough
I asked him how he knew
That me and him were through
There’s nothing I can do to save our love?
All that he can say is that I used to be
I used to be his baby
There’s nothing left to say but that he used to be
He used to be my baby
Wonder if I let him go chances are he might wanna come back
But even if we did would we be able to get over the right track
I can’t have a heart attack
I used to be his baby
There’s nothing left to say but that I used to be
I used to be his baby
Lovin you is so hard, baby
But breaking up is even harder
I don’t know why you can’t come home
Just keep me around just a little bit longer
I’ll do it for you
I’ll tell you the truth
I’ll make you my baby
Let’s do it again
Let’s start it as friends
I’ll make you my baby
I used to be his baby
Half As Much
It takes a man to admit that it’s over
But if you can’t I can do it for sure
Now that she’s gone, put your head on my shoulder
You can love me half as much as you loved her
When you come home got to empty your pockets
And take those pants and throw ’em on the floor
Baby I think you forgot your wallet
Changing your life is gonna be hard to do
I’m going to break it down for you one more time
You had my love and you lost it
Baby now it’s gonna cost you
You gonna get yours but baby I’m gonna get mine
Don’t act surprised, you knew this was coming
Do what I say or I’ll find the door
You cheat and lie and I’m done with the crying
I’m taking half when I should take it all
You cheat and you lie
Baby I’m taking it all
Trying to find out the truth
I’m on to you
You’re pulling away from me
What’s wrong with you
Remember when we did it, couldn’t quit it, had to get it at ma’s house
Now you just turn away
I’m walking out this door but if you want me to stay
Just pick up the phone and call me up tonight
Baby I’m trying to be everything that you like
Baby confess what you like best and I will do it right
Don’t worry come to me ’cause I just want to be your call girl tonight
Walking away I feel the weight is lifted is off
But all I know is I need love, I need you
Remember all the hours in the shower, didn’t matter who heard us
I’m taking my time on you
What are we going to do?
But if you want me again
Just pick up the phone and call me up tonight
Baby I’m trying to be everything that you like
Baby confess what you like best and I will do it right
Don’t worry come to me ’cause I just want to be your call girl tonight
What did you say to me?
You got to be patient with me
‘Cause you got me hungry wanting all of you
Got me done with asking questions ‘bout the truth
See I just can’t seem to wrap my mind around you
Got me searching babe, now there’s nothing left to lose
I’ll do anything you ask me to
I can be there when you need me to
You and your love lift me higher
I know that I’ve been holding out for so long ‘til tonight
I won’t let you get away
Pull me in and I’ll hold you close
Use my teeth and take off your clothes
You’re all I want to feel
And a love that’s real
Babe I know, I never can get enough
It fills me up, I’m ready, and you make me wanna say
I’ll do anything you ask me to
I can be there when you need me to
And I’ll never come back down again
So addicted to you baby
You make me feel this way
‘Til It Went Wrong
Baby I ran into you
Saturday night in the Loop
You said you’d be home with your ma
Your dressed to the nines, ladies on each arm
There was a time that I thought I couldn’t live without you
But I’ve gone and changed my mind
No I won’t let you explain
Is that your friend Trina and her friend Jasmine?
And it’s so cold, you’re just trying to keep them warm
I’ve heard it before, I’ll see it again
But now I’m gone
There was a time that I thought I couldn’t live without you
Loving you was so right until it felt wrong
Until it felt wrong
There was a time that I thought you
You’d go and make my dreams come true
You said that you would never let me down
I’m done with your shit, I’m not fooling around
It’s a little too late, baby, I saw you
Getting close with someone new
You done played me, strung me along now
Loving was so right ‘til it felt wrong
IF I WANTED TO c/w I AM WHO I SAY I AM
If I Wanted To
I can break your heart if I wanted to
Do it anytime if I wanted to
I can break your heart
Drinking all night when you wanted to
Been coming home late didn’t the tell the truth
I’m a break your heart
Fourteen days since he paid the rent
Phone doesn’t work, money is all spent
Staring at his broke ass on the bed
But that’s all good. I’m going out instead
I can break your heart if I wanted to
Do it anytime if I wanted to
I can break your heart
Chilling at our spot feeling so fine
I seen your best friend should I make him mine?
I’m a do him right
Fourteen days since he paid the rent
Phone doesn’t work, money is all spent
Staring at his broke ass on the bed
But that’s all good. I’m going out instead
I Am Who I Say I Am
I know that you want me
And I know that you need me
But you been acting funny
Questioning my story
And if you want you can ask around
They won’t be selling you, gonna be telling you
I am who I say I am
When I was younger
Had this guy that was my first love
Got what I wanted
Never thought about the future
Me and him we paid the price
But I’m making good by and by, trying to do what is right
I am who I say I am
My favorite lover
We kept it undercover
She showed me things that a real man couldn’t do
She left me feeling I got nothing to prove
We knew it was fantasy
Both just walked away, left things mutually
I am I say I am
You’re asking me so I’m telling you
I ain’t gonna lie, sugarcoat the truth
What I hide and what I show
It’s your choice, baby, do you wanna know?
CARRY ME HOME
Ain’t Going Back
Outside never felt so good
In sunshine and the beauty of my world
In circles we’ve gone ’round and ’round
But I can’t change the situation on the ground
Coming up quick, you better get out my way
I’m coming on fast, listen to what I say
You can’t charm me, what’d ya think
I’m giving back my wedding ring
And I won’t feel a thing
Spent a long time erasing the damage that you’ve done
And boy, it’s not my fault that you just weren’t the one
How many years been wasted trying to reach my peak
I may have been a fool, but now it’s my turn to be a freak
You can’t charm me, what’d ya think
I’m giving back my wedding ring
And I won’t
I ain’t going back
You know what I’m going through
I’m done wasting my time with you
Hurt me like a heart attack
I’m giving you your ring back
I ain’t going back
You’ll be missing me
I told you it’s the last time baby
But you didn’t believe
Acting like nobody has ever been in love before
Acting like nobody has ever come home to an empty house and a locked door
But I’m no different, I’m no different than anyone
I can’t change how easy it was to come alive
Now that you’re gone you’ve got me paralyzed
I can’t change that I still reach for your touch at night
Now that you’re gone I’ve got this song to write
Acting like nobody has ever fell in love at the wrong time
Acting like nobody has ever crossed over the wrong side of a thin line
But we’re no different, we’re no different than anyone
I can’t change how easy it was to come alive
Now that you’re gone you’ve got me paralyzed
I can’t change that I still reach for your touch at night
Now that you’re gone I’ve got this song to write
You Will Know
Sit down, there’s something that I got to tell you
Gonna make you not want to love
Any way you cut it you’re gonna lose
Gonna make you lose your mind
When the clouds lift up
And the sun comes out
And you feel its heat on the back of your neck
That’s when you will know
That’s when you will know it will get better
Little girl I could tell you that I know how you feel
But I don’t and I never will
No matter how bad you’re hurting, it’s gonna heal
With a scar that is always there
When the clouds lift up
And the sun comes out
That’s when you will know
I should’ve known that you’d feel this way
I should’ve known that I’d take the blame
Someday, baby, it’ll be ok
I’m done playing this poor man’s game
When the clouds lift up
And the sun comes out
I Could Really Hold On
Look at my face
I could never lie to you
Look at my hands
They’re worried about the things they’ll do
Look at my eyes
They’re aching for love from you
Look at my heart
Broken clean in two
I could really hold on to you
I’ll never regret the hours we stole away
I can’t forget the things I wanted to say
Can you come away, far away from this place
Can I kiss your lips, put my hands on your waist
There’s nothing I can do
There’s nothing I can say
To make this easier
It’s never been so hard
It’s never been so rough
As it is right now
Look at my face
I could never lie to you
Before I Know Your Name
Part of me pictured you this whole time
Never could believe that you could be mine
Saw a new life in your eyes
It never felt so real, it all feels different this time
You’re the truth behind what lies in me
You’re the reason it’s been so hard to sleep
I can feel you with me all the time
In the smallest ways and subtle signs
You give me feelings that I can’t deny
I feel us growing and it’s only time
Before I know your name
Child I must be glowing from head to toe
But if they only knew you’re the star of my show
I can’t wait ’til I can see you again
I’m counting down the days, so much inside my head
You’re the truth behind what lies in me
You’re the reason it’s been so hard to sleep
I can feel you with me all the time
In the smallest ways and subtle signs
You give me feelings that I can’t deny
I feel us growing and it’s only time
Before I know your name
Better Way to Live
I have walked away from the things that I couldn’t understand
I have done what’s right, what I felt was right for myself
I have seen it through and I ain’t seen you for so long
I feel circumspect because heaven sent you through
There’s got to be a better way
A better way to live
When I’m all alone and the lights are down, my mind’s fixed on you
Did I go too fast, take it to the past with you
I’ve been missing you and I ain’t seen you for so long
What did I expect when I can’t get next to you
There’s got to be a better way
A better way to live
Doing Nothing
Been three long days since I walked out your door
I’ve thought it through and I know who it’s for
Sometimes it’s hard to realize the pain you’re in
But I know it’s right, and I feel it’s right Somehow we can start again
I’m telling you that
In love if you ain’t breaking nothing
I’m telling you boy, you’re probably doing nothing
But with me think of how good it will be
I swear I do it all for you
I do it all for you
I can’t even listen to the songs that I wrote
It’s like torture on my radio
So wait now baby, let me explain
I know they’re wrong when they tell me
You can’t lose if you never play
I’m telling you that
I do it all for you
I can’t call you, write you
No baby I can’t
I’m thinking about you
Every time I get the chance
So wait now baby, listen to me
Hold on to love, hold on to us
Hold on to me
I’m telling you that
I do it all for you
I’ll Get Down
We have walked through the valleys and the shadows of life
Back and forth across my hometown
Blisters on my feet, you are on my mind
That’s my penance for hanging around
Should’ve known right then when you said, “My friend
I won’t be happy ’til I’m on the ground”
I’ll get down, I’ll get down, I’ll get down
I’ll get down
Holy road, holy road won’t you lead me home
Far away from temptation tonight
My legs are so strong, my will is so weak
And I don’t think I can put up a fight
What would you do if I came up to you
Said I was lost but now I’m found
You’ll get down, you’ll get down, you’ll get down
I bet that you’ll get down
Funny how it’s easy to turn it on, twist it up
‘Cause even in my dreams, you can always fill my cup
I can’t be far gone, I can’t be far off
I’m coming up to a fork in the road
Deliver me now, deliver me then
As long as I get where I’m going
We can’t be who we want if we keep falling off
Wish I knew which way that I’m bound
Let’s get down, let’s get down, let’s get down
Let’s get down
We can be who we want, so glad I’ve been found
Let’s get down, let’s get down, let’s get down,
Let’s get down
The One You Love
Nothing’s black and white and this is never easy
I’ve been staying up all night thinking about your tears
And if I came and answered your call
And if I did what I said I won’t
Babe I couldn’t be the one that you love
Sweetness from your lips but bitter is your tongue
And what you wouldn’t give to make me your own
And if I came and answered your call
And if I did what I said I won’t
Babe I couldn’t be the one that you love
Carry Me Home
My baby I know it’s late
And I’m back on the road again
A phone call because we’re miles apart
But I feel you close deep inside my heart
If I’m not by your side when you go to sleep
Shut your eyes and I will always be
Hush little baby don’t you cry
Mama’s gonna get everything by and by
A starlit sky for your room
I’ll sing you a song and wrap you in my cocoon
If I’m not by your side when you go to sleep
I’m on my way home, I’m on my way home
If I’m not by your side
When you go to sleep
Carry me home, carry me home
I miss you
I’ll be there soon
Sleep tight
I’ll be there right by your side
I dream of my big girl’s smile
And how you point to the sky
I know it seems way too long
But mama’s almost home
Don’t walk ’til I get to see
Is that her laughing?
When I’m gone you must know
You’re never alone
7 to 10 (7 inch record)
I was looking at you
Been thinking about all the things that I could do
See I got a man and it ain’t my plan
To hurt him cause he does right by me
Sometimes a girl gets it wrong
That’s just the devil in me
That’s got me losing my mind
I wonder if my life is headed in the right direction
Between the way that it is
And the way that I want it to be
Lies a river, deep and wide, like a mighty ocean
Hold my head just right
I should be able to breathe
Now I can feel it deep in my soul
I want you so bad that I’d give it all
It’s only one night in my life
But I never met a man that fine
Sometimes a girl gets it wrong
That’s just the devil in me
That’s got me losing my mind
This fine man is headed in my direction
Between the way that it is
And the way that I want it to be
Lies a river, deep and wide, like a mighty ocean
It’s getting harder to breathe
He’s giving me what I need
We've met so many great friends and musicians since we started touring in 2008. Few were as musical, talented,...
This party! What we needed to feel the healing power of music. We love you, Chicago.}

我要回帖

更多关于 everyth 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信