It ransdo you like catss and do...

New foster dog, only rans after the cat when she...?
I have two cats, and one new foster dog. One of the cats is fine and the dog just pretends she is not there. But my smaller cat, always rans when she sees the dog, and the dog chases her. What can I do to make the situation better? For the little cat and to stop the dog from chasing her?
Report Abuse
Are you sure you want to delete this answer?
Sorry, something has gone wrong.
Trending Now
Best Answer:&
Keep the dog on a long leash - just let her drag it around.
When she starts to go after the cat, step on the leash and say 'leave it!'.
The first few times, she'll keep going and hit the end of the leash.
Once she's stopped, call her to you and praise her for coming.
If she stops when you tell her to 'leave it!', praise and give her a bunch of treats.
Also, whenever she is behaving calmly around the cats, praise her and toss her a treat.
When you cannot supervise the dog, keep her crated or otherwise separated from the cats.
Source(s):
Thumbs down
& just now
Asker's rating
Report Abuse
give the cats there own area, like put a baby gate or a tote in a bedroom doorway so only the cat can get in, away from the dog. If the cat is hissing a lot and hair standing straight up in a mowhalk, then you may have a problem, otherwise, it could be playing, and no big deal. Try Feliaway to help calm the cat down, it really helps!
Thumbs down
& just now
Report Abuse
Don't worry about it. The puppy thinks the cat is playing. My dog does the same thing to my cat, it does no harm... Maybe when the dog is older and
calms down they'll get along better. That's what I'm hoping will happen with my babies...
Thumbs down
& just now
Report Abuse
the dog chases because the cat runs the dog thinks it's a game. they will get used to each other don't worry.
Thumbs down
& just now
Report Abuse
try seperaiting them for a while.
give the dog time to adjust to the house... they chase cats because it works... cat runs away...
maybe givedog treat when cat is around?
have dog in a sit have cat near by... treat for good behaviour...
trainer in eo help you...
Thumbs down
& just now
Report Abuse
leash the dog for a while let her drag it you can stop her in her tracks. They can't resist when the cats run. The kitty doesn't know any better.
Thumbs down
& just now
Report Abuse
whole heartedly agree with Daa
Thumbs down
& just now
Report Abuse
Add your answer
New foster dog, only rans after the cat when she...?
I have two cats, and one new foster dog. One of the cats is fine and the dog just pretends she is not there. But my smaller cat, always rans when she sees the dog, and the dog chases her. What can I do to make the situation better? For the little cat and to stop the dog from chasing her?
Add your answer
Report Abuse
I think this question violates the Community Guidelines
Chat or rant, adult content, spam, insulting other members,
I think this question violates the Terms of Service
Harm to minors, violence or threats, harassment or privacy invasion, impersonation or misrepresentation, fraud or phishing,
Additional Details
If you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our
Report Abuse
Report Abuse
I think this answer violates the Community Guidelines
I think this answer violates the Terms of Service
Harm to minors, violence or threats, harassment or privacy invasion, impersonation or misrepresentation, fraud or phishing,
Additional Details
If you believe your intellectual property has been infringed and would like to file a complaint, please see our
Report Abuse
Report Abuse
I think this comment violates the Community Guidelines
I think this comment violates the Terms of Service
Additional Details
Report Abuse
Maybe you would like to learn more about one of these?
Ask a question
usually answered in minutes!
Existing questions
Tell us some more
Upload in Progress
Upload failed. Please upload a file larger than 100x100 pixels
We are experiencing some problems, please try again.
You can only upload files of type PNG, JPG, or JPEG.
You can only upload files of type 3GP, 3GPP, MP4, MOV, AVI, MPG, MPEG, or RM.
You can only upload photos smaller than 5 MB.
You can only upload videos smaller than 600MB.
You can only upload a photo (png, jpg, jpeg) or a video (3gp, 3gpp, mp4, mov, avi, mpg, mpeg, rm).
You can only upload a photo or a video.
Video should be smaller than &b&600mb/5 minutes&/b&
Photo should be smaller than &b&5mb&/b&
Video should be smaller than &b&600mb/5 minutes&/b&Photo should be smaller than &b&5mb&/b&
Related Questions
More questions
Answer Questions
51 answers
41 answers
More questions
41 answers
27 answersWhat do cats eat
What do cats eat?
What do cats eat?
already exists.
Would you like to merge this question into it?
already exists as an alternate
of this question.
Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?
exists and is an alternate of .
Merge this question into
and merge into it
Cats Are Obligate Carnivores This means the main ingredient in a cat's diet must be meat. Cats must have amino acids which are found in meat, the most important being taurine. A diet lacking in taurine will slowly cause the cat to go blind and de thus they should not be on a vegetarian diet.
Cats should regularly eat cat food, which supplies them with everything their body needs. Generally speaking, the best cat foods are the ones with a very high, named-meat content. They should be labelled by source, such as: Chicken, Turkey, Rabbit, Lamb, Tuna, etc., as the first, or first two ingredients.
Aside from meat, the amount of moisture in a cat's is probably the most important part. While strictly not a food item, cats have evolved to get all their needed moisture from their food. Canned or pouched food has anywhere between 60 to 80% water. Seeing as in the wild a cat's prey is around 65%-75% water, wet food provides a cat with more than enough water each day.
Cats also eat other things if they have access to outside, such as mice. Also, cats naturally will eat bugs around the house or outdoors, such as spiders and flies. Although cats will eat bugs, it should not become a meal for them. Be sure you still feed them cat food daily.if your cat is an outdoors cat they tend to eat rodents or mice other wise pet foodscat food.buy some at any super market.
Cats Are Obligate Carnivores This means the main ingredient in a cat's diet must be meat. Cats must have amino acids which are found in meat, the most important being taurine. A diet lacking in taurine will slowly cause the cat to go blind and de thus they should not be on a vegetarian diet. &br /&&br /& Cats should regularly eat cat food, which supplies them with everything their body needs. Generally speaking, the best cat foods are the ones with a very high, named-meat content. They should be labelled by source, such as: Chicken, Turkey, Rabbit, Lamb, Tuna, etc., as the first, or first two ingredients. &br /&&br /& Aside from meat, the amount of moisture in a cat's is probably &i style=&margin-top: 0 margin-right: 0 margin-bottom: 0 margin-left: 0 padding-top: 0 padding-right: 0 padding-bottom: 0 padding-left: 0 border-top-width: 0 border-right-width: 0 border-bottom-width: 0 border-left-width: 0 border-style: border-color: border-image: outline-width: 0 outline-style: outline-color: background-image: background-attachment: background-origin: background-clip: line-height: 16 text-align: border-style: border-color: initial&&the&/i& most important part. While strictly not a food item, cats have evolved to get all their needed moisture from their food. Canned or pouched food has anywhere between 60 to 80% water. Seeing as in the wild a cat's prey is around 65%-75% water, wet food provides a cat with more than enough water each day. &br /&&br /& Cats also eat other things if they have access to outside, such as mice. Also, cats naturally will eat bugs around the house or outdoors, such as spiders and flies. Although cats will eat bugs, it should not become a meal for them. Be sure you still feed them cat food daily.&br&if your cat is an outdoors cat they tend to eat rodents or mice other wise pet foods&br&cat food.buy some at any super market.
Minor edit?
+ 2 others
found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
Coyotes, wolves, and snakes eat cats. 
 Raptors such as eagles, hawks, and owls will take cats as well. 
 Any larger predator will eat cats: wolves, coyotes, bears&, some  dogs, foxes, raccoons, eagles and hawks...
found this useful
Uncategorized
Cats, being strict carnivores, are designed to eat a diet of meat. They get all their energy from Protein and Fat which is abundant in meat. A pet cat that has access to outsi&de might hunt and eat small birds, mice, voles and other small wildlife animals.
In a domestic setting, there are several types of food cats can be fed, with the three main ones being Raw, Wet (canned) and Dry.
A Raw diet (including muscle meat, ograns and bone) is often seen as the best food for a cat or kitten as this mimicks what a cat would eat in the wild and provides nutrients in the most natural way possible. Owners that feed raw prefer this as they know exactly what they are feeding their pets.
Commercial cat food, however, is usually fed by most. In general, the best prepared cat foods are the ones with a very high, named-meat content. They should be labeled by source, such as: Chicken, Turkey, Rabbit, Lamb, Tuna, etc., as the first, or second ingredient. Reject brands with ingredients such as Grain, Corn, Wheat Gluten, Cereals and Various Sugars as these ingredients have very little or no nutritional value for cats. Wet foods are often much easier to find than dry foods with these specifications.
The amount of moisture in cat food is also very important, if not one of the most important part of a cat's diet. Dry food contains no moisture, so is quite dehydrating and can cause bladder problems. Cats are notoriously bad drinkers, even when they are thirsty. This is because they have evolved to get all their needed moisture from their prey (their ancestors were cats that lived in very dry and arid environments where water was hard to come by), so therefore have a low "thirst drive" and will not often seek out water on their own. This is a trait that has been passed down over the thousands of years.
Canned or pouched food has anywhere between 60 to 80% water. Seeing as in the wild a cat's prey is around 65%-75% water, a mainly wet food diet provides a cat with more than enough water each day.
Dry food, compared to its popularity, is not an ideal food to feed. Many brands of dry food, including but not limited to: Purina, Friskies, Whiskas, IAMS, Hill's Science Diet, Royal Canin etc., regardless of price, contain high concentrations of carbohydrates, such as corns, grains, and cereals. Cats can't digest these, and often gets stored as fat or expelled. These fillers are used instead of meat because, compared to meat, it is much cheaper to source, and helps to hold the kibble together. Cats need meat-based protein, not plant-based protein.
However, some high quality dry food brands such as Orijen, Innova and Applaws are free of grains and cereals.
For high-quality Cat food there is: Blue Buffalo, Felidae, Weruva, California Natural, Instinct, Prairie, Natural Balance, Eagle Pack, Wellness, EVO, Grau, Animonda Carny, Bozita, HiLife, Feline Fayre, to name a few. They like to eat wet food, or anything that is mostly made of meat. Cats are carnivores, so get all their nutrition from raw meat and bone. They also get moisture from their food, so it is ideal to feed a high quality wet food that has a high meat content. it eats meat and fish I recommend fish
Well, I myself have had lots of cats in my lifetime, and so from experience, I've noticed that they love fish! Mostly salmon and tuna, you may also know that they love milk, but thick cream is really their favourite! (They also love cheese, my two cats adore French brie, but it takes them awhile to eat! It's very sticky!) 
 But remember, don't spoil a cat too much, it'll get used to it and won't eat it's own proper cat food! Also, only feeding a cat human food can weaken it's immune system and make it very unhealthy. Some cats like to eat fish and for a break, they like to drink milk. However, milk is not ideal as many cats are lactose intolerant, which can cause the cat to vomit or develop diarhea. Cats are carnivores, so should be given a diet that is mostly composed of meat. Food
found this useful
There could be many reasons. Cats often suffer from anorexia. This can be brought on by a dislike for it's food, an illness, a food allergy, or something more serious like can&cer or a tumor. I recommend seeing your vet immediately
found this useful
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it may be time for you to get outside and catch some rays. &
commented on this article
As it turns out, these stars actually regret the roles responsible for launching their careers into unforgettable stardom. After you read our explanations, perhaps you'll unde&rstand why.
+ 6 others
When it comes to basic facts, what you don't know can hurt you, or at the very least surprise you.&
As the saying goes, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Some tricks, however, are so simple that even an old dog or new puppy can learn them. Just practice any of the follo&wing a few times a day with your dog.
While traveling with a dog down the open road makes for good memories, doing it properly takes some thought. Help you and your dog enjoy the time you spend journeying together& by keeping these tips in mind.
Swimming, for dogs, is a natural ability, and most dogs are ready to jump right in the pool with the rest of the family and dog paddle around the pool easily. Some dogs may ha&ve issues such as fear of water, nervousness, anxiety, and the lack of ability to swim.
Cats have a rather simple way of eating. Their teeth are specialized for holding, cutting and shearing. A cat will eat by bringing food into its mouth, usually by using it's t&ongue and front teeth. If the food is too large to swallow, the cat's pre molars and molars (sometimes called carnassials) cut up the food, much like a pair of scissors, into pieces that are easy to swallow. Cats cannot not chew and grind down their food like a human can.
found this useful
Cats do not generally have a lot of meat on them, but in some countries, it is commonly eaten (as is dog).
Cats living wild as a result of the breeding activities of& pets belonging to negligent (i.e- statistically typical) cat owners in the UK and US are generally classified as vermin. In fact, there is pressure in some US states to allow for the legal hunting of feral cats as a measure of protection for indigenous bird species. Presumably, what you kill, you may eat... but it would be best to have the authorities to confirm whether such is legal in your area.
Catching and killing cats in most western countries
beside the potential for falling foul of animals rights laws in killing the animal (where law is concerned, whether the method used was 'humane' is at the sole discretion of the courts - what is good enough for a farm animal will probably not fly with a cat-loving judge), you will also be held accountable for theft and unlawful killing if the animal is a pet, while the cat's owners may also sue you for trauma and damages.
If the animal is stray, it is highly likely to be carrying any one of several diseases and parasites that are transmittable to humans. It would be highly inadvisable to attempt to butcher or eat a cat in any city due to the lower standards of animal hygiene in such environments.
Cats livers can be toxic to humans, and are usually disposed of along with the rest of the innards, but the flesh of a cat is safely digestible.
These concerns aside, however, you can eat cats all you like. Meat is meat.
Yes, but why? Cats are considered faithful and cute companions.
Answer Pigs are considered by some to be perfect pets, being intelligent, trainable, companionable, and even... yes, cute! However, they taste great too. Cats benefit from looking skinnier and less edible, but are nonetheless quite palatable.
found this useful
 first of all its how can a cat eat? 
 here is how it eats. 
 1. It opens its mouth. 
 2. It gets food in its mouth. 
 3. It closes it s mouth on the food.  &  4. It chews. 
 5. It swallows. 
 The process is like a circle. It continues the circle until the cat is full. 
 Did you know that this circle is how humans eat too? You should try it some time!
found this useful
Supervisor
Cat Maintenance
55,526 CONTRIBUTIONS
Answering questions on Wikianswers since 2009.
to follow categories.
Answer it!
Answer it!
Answer it!
Answer it!
Cats are strict carnivores, which means they get their nutrients from meat only. A cat that has access to outside will eat mice, rats, small birds, frogs and other small anima&ls. Pet cats are usually fed on commercial cat food, but these foods still need to be very high in meat in order for the cat to get enough nutrition.
found this useful
oCoyotes often eat cats in some parts of the US. Other potential predators may be wolves or mountain lions. I am assuming you mean domestic cats.
oFoxes will also eat cat&s.
Categories}

我要回帖

更多关于 sunrans 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信