浙江省杭州市2009届高三上学期英语模拟试题[嘉兴英语网]
Loading... Please wait...
◇您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文:浙江省杭州市2009届高三上学期英语模拟试题
浙江省杭州市2009届高三上学期英语模拟试题
浙江省杭州市2009届高三上学期模拟考试(英语)
第一部分:英语知识运用(共两节,满分50分)
第一节:单项填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)
&& 从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
1. It’s reported that a bus went out of ______ control on a highway ______ east of the city and crashed into a river.
&& &A. the&&& B. 不填; the&&& C. 不填&&&& D. 不填; 不填
2. ―I have a favour to ask you.
&& ―&________.
&& &A. Go ahead&&&&&&&&& B. It’s a pleasure&&&&&&&&&& C. Help yourself&&&& D. Ask, please
3. With high taxes and his small income, Henry had great difficulty in ________
&&& both ends meet. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
&&&&&& A. having&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. letting&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. making&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. getting
4. With the development of the Internet, ______ communication is done by regular mail.
&& A. less&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. more&&&& &&&&&&& C. little&&&& &&&&&&&& D. few
5.―Is ________ finished?
& ―Not yet. My dirty clothes are still soaking in the washing machine.
&& &A. something&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. anything&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. nothing&&&&&&&&&&&& D. everything
6. If you feel tired and sick of fat food, that is ________ you have to go to the hospital for medical examination.
A. why&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. whether& &&&&&&&& C. when&&&&&&&& D. what
7. When the old woman died, it ________ that she was actually very rich.
&&&&&& A. came to an end& B. went to light&&&&& C. came to herself& D. came to light
8. Glad to see you back. How long ________ in Russia?
&& A. did you stay&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. have you stayed&&&&&&&
&& C. were you staying &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. have you been staying
9.―Don’t look down upon Bob. He has his own advantages.
& ―Oh, yes. ________ others are weak, he is strong.
&& A. If&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Where&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Though&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. When
10. In those days, the old woman ________ sit at the gate for hours, waiting for her son to return from the front.
&& A. could&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. should&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. might&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. would
11. ─Perhaps John’s not in.
&&& ─______. Look, the light’s on.
&& A. Yes, he can be at home&&& B. No, he couldn’t go out
&& C. Yes, he must be at home&& D. No, he needn’t go out
12. Much of the ________ the grain, most of that has been ruined.
&&&&&& A. owing to&&&&&&&&&& B. thanks to&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. as for&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. as with
13. So amused ________ that I couldn’t help laughing when I saw the children dressed
&&& up as Santa Clauses on Christmas Day.
&&&&&& A. did I feel&&&&&&&&&& B. had I felt&&&& C. I felt&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. I had felt
14. Men and women should be treated equally according to the law, but ________ there is great room for improvement.
&& A. in reality&&&&& B. above all&&&&&&&&&& C. after all&&&&&&&&&&&& D. in return
15. It is on this maglev train that is very comfortable _____ I have been to the People’s Square.
A. how&&&&&&&& &&& B. that&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. where&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. when
16. ―Who knocked at the door?
―I’ve no idea. I just pretended nobody was at home, so I didn’t ask who
________ was.
&&& A. he&&&&&&&&& && B. that&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& C. she&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&& D. it
17. ―Do you have anything more ________, sir?
―No. You can have a rest or do something else.
A. typing&&&&& &&& B. to be typed&&&& &&&&& C. typed&&&&&&&&&& D. to type
18. ______ so delicious, the food in this market was sold out soon.
&&& A. Tasting&&& &&&&&& B. Tasted&&& C. Having been tasted&&& D. Being tasted
19. The child should be punished. You shouldn’t let him ________ telling lies.
&&&&&& A. keep away from&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. keep away with
&&&&&& C. get away from&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. get away with
20. In the character-training of children, what really ________ much is what their
parents say and do. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
A. matters&&&&&&&&&&&& B. cares&&&&&&&&& C. considers&&&&&&&&&& D. minds
第二节: 完形填空 (共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从21―40各题所给的4个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。&&
My mother has been a true inspiration to me and changed the way I look at life. Since my birth she has made it evident that I would become &&21& , that I would be one of the great ones. She has taught me that I can do anything if I put my &&22& &to it.
As a young boy, I struggled to achieve tasks that came &&23& &to most. I had problems writing, reading and especially speaking. I did not talk the way &&24& &kids did and did not respond to questions or stay alert to my surroundings. My reading was poor &&25& &with teachers helping me, and my speech was hard to &&26& . My writing was not at the &&27& &it should have been. Even simple things like knowing my left from my right or being able to snap my fingers were &&28& .
My mother &&29& &all my challenges and, as a professor with a Ph.D., decided to &&30& &the situation early in my development. She did not want me to &&31& . After a while, &&32& &did indeed conquer all the problems that had troubled me. She spent hours every day &&33& &me everything I needed to know, determined to help me learn. &&34& &her I would not be anywhere close to the level I am now.
In addition, she gave &&35& &for my life. She told me what to do and what not to do. Her expectations have always been high &&36& &she knows that I can do it. For that, I thank her. She would not allow her son to be incapable. She never &&37& &on me, and to this day she tells me education is a must. I will be a &&38& &person if I continue to follow her lead. She encourages me to work for my &&39& &and attend college.
She used her gifts as a &&40& &to help a child - her child - and now I have the opportunity to become something.
21. A. everything&&&&&& B. something&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. anything&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. nothing
22. A. mind&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. brain&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. feelings&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. work
23. A. smoothly&&&&&&&& B. strongly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. frequently&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. easily
24. A. average&&&&&&&&&&& B. ordinary&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. normal&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. common
25. A. just&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. even&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. ever&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. only
26. A. hear&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. write&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. read&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. understand
27. A. level&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. length&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. speed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. degree
28. A. problems&&&&&&&& B. excuses&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. worries&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. duties
29. A. suffered&&&&&&&&&& B. observed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. removed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. experienced
30. A. study&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. find&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. change&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. keep
31. A. fight&&& &&&&&&&& B. strike&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. struggle&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. challenge
32. A. she&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. I&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. they&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. we
33. A. teaching&&&&&&&&&& B. giving&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. supporting&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. reminding
34. A. Without&&&&&&&&&& B. Except&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Besides&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Beyond
35. A. information&&&&& B. advice&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. promise&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. expectation
36. A. before&&&&&&&&&&&& B. though&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. because&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. unless
37. A. set up&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. pushed up&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. gave up&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. looked up
38. A. rich&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. famous&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. successful&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. powerful
39. A. training&&&&&&&&&& B. grades&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. experiments&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. abilities
40. A. woman&&&&&&&&&&& B. doctor&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. sister&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. teacher& &
第二部分:阅读理解(共20小题,每题2分,满分40分)
第一节:阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A
When Chato’s barking didn’t stir Jerrica Seals, the recently adopted dog tried nibbling on the teenager’s leg, to get the girl out of her burning house.
No one was hurt. Fort Myers firefighters responded at about 7 a.m.
Five people lived in the Garcia home. That was neighbor Janice Hamilton’s main concern when she looked out of her window Friday and saw the flames. “I just threw my pants on to run outside and make sure they knew how many people lived there,” Hamilton said. “It was scary.”
&“Seals called me screaming,” said Leticia Vega, 36, the sister of Seal’s boyfriend, Javier Garcia, 23, who owns the home. “She said the dog woke her up barking, jumped on the bed and bit her on the leg.” w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
It is said that Garcia’s brother brought Chato home several weeks ago after the animal wandered onto a Lehigh Acres construction site. Since then, Vega said, Chato had been mostly quiet ― until it mattered. “He doesn’t usually bark.” Vega said. “He’s real friendly.”
According to deputy fire chief Steve Clyatt, possibly the fire started because of an inadequate extension cord used on a window air conditioner. More than half of the home was burned down. There was extensive smoke and water damage in the remainder of the structure. Estimates for repair costs were unavailable. “I’d say it’s unlikely they will recover this, but I’ve been surprised before,” Clyatt said.
41. Which of the following would be the best title for the passage?
&&&&&&&&&&&&& A. Janice Hamilton Helps Save Neighbors
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Firefighters Put Out House Fire
&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Dogs Saves Teen Girl From House Fire
&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Family Needs Help Due To House Fire
42. The underlined word “they” in the third paragraph most probably refers to
&&& ________.
&&&&&&&&&&&&& A. other neighbors&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Hamilton family members
&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Vega and her brother Garcia&&&&&&&&&&& D. the firefighters
43. By saying “I’d say it’s unlikely they will recover this, but I’ve been surprised before.” in the last paragraph, Clyatt means _________.
&&&&&& A. it’s a wonder that Seals survived the fire
&&&&&& B. the house was badly damaged
&&&&&& C. such a bad fire was seldom seen
&&&&&& D. Chato is a very clever dog
44. According to the passage, which of the following is NOT mentioned?
&&&&&& A. The person who called the firefighters.
&&&&&& B. The possible cause of the accident.
&&&&&& C. The relationship between Seals and Garcia.
&&&&&& D. The owner of the house.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&& B
As we all know, nature has supplied every animal except man with some covering for his body such as fur, feathers, hair, and shells as a thick hide. But man has nothing but a thin skin.
If someone were to ask you, “Why did human beings start to cover their bodies with clothes?” most would answer, “To keep themselves warm, of course.”
It is only when we begin to think about it a little that we realize that clothes are worn for a great many reasons that have nothing to do with our need for warmth at all.
For example, we wear clothes to some degree in order to decorate ourselves ― to make ourselves, if possible, look more dignified (尊严) or nicer.
Clothes of a special kind are often worn to show that the wearer has authority or power. The individual wearing them is treated with respect because he occupies a certain office. The judge on the Bench, for example, might look a very ordinary and unimpres&sive figure without his wig and gown. Clothes are an important part of ceremony, whether it is connected with belief, the law, parliament, and royalty, the fighting forces or the state. How very different the Queen’s Coronation ceremony (加冕仪式) would have looked without the robes, coronets and the cloth of gold.
Sometimes, even in some modern countries people wear some article of clothing, or some jewel, because they believe that it will bring them luck or protect them from evil or illness, or because it is connected with their beliefs.
None of these reasons for wearing clothes ― to decorate ourselves, to show our position in the world, for ceremonial purposes, for “luck”, to give ourselves dignity and au&thority ― have anything to do with our need for warmth.
45. From the passage we know that wearing clothes is man’s basic necessity to _________.
A. protect skin&&&&& B. show beauty C. keep warm&&&&&& D. bring luck
46. According to the passage, the judge wearing special clothes on the Bench _________.
A. looks nicer&&& B. looks different&&& C. shows wealth&&&& D. shows power
47. Even in modern countries, sometimes people wear certain clothes because _________.
A. they believe that they will get protected from bad luck and illness
B. it has something to do with their wealth
C. they want to show their power
D. they enjoy wearing such kind of clothes
48. The author’s purpose in writing this article is to tell us that clothes are worn _________.
A. for ceremonial occasions w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
B. for many other reasons besides warmth
C. to keep people impressive and nicer
D. to show people’s authority or power
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& & C
In America, drivers’ education is part of regular high school curriculum. Every student in his or her second year of high school is required to take a class in driver’s education. However, unlike other courses, it is not given during the regular school year. Instead, it is a summer course.
The course is divided up into two parts: class time for learning laws and regulations and driving time to practise driving. Class time is not unlike any other class. The students have a text from which they study the basic laws they must know to pass the written driving test that is given to anyone wanting to get a driver’s license.
Driving time is a chance for the students to get behind the wheel (steering wheel) and practise starting steering, backing up, parking, switching lanes, turning corners, and all the other maneuvers required to drive a car. Each student is required to drive a total of six hours. The students are divided up into groups of four. The students and the instructor go out driving for two-hour blocks of time. Thus, each student gets half an hour driving time per outing. The instructor and “driver” sit in the front seats and the other three students sit in the back.
Drivers Ed cars are unlike other cars in which they have two sets of brakes, one on the driver’s side and one on the other side where the instructor sits. Thus, if the student driver should run into difficulties the instructor can take over. The car also has another special feature. On the top of the car is a sign that reads: STUDENT DRIVER. That lets nearby drivers know that they should use extra caution because the student driver is a beginning driver, not very experienced and prone to driving slowly.
After the student has passed the driver’s education course and reached the appropriate age to drive (this age differs in every state but in most cases the person must be 16 years old), they can go to a designated state office to take their driver’s test, which is made up of an eye examination, a written test, and a road test. The person must pass all three tests in order to be given a driver’s license. If the person did well in his or her driver’s education class, he or she will pass the test with flying colors and get a driver’s license.
49. In America, the driver’s course mentioned above __________.
A. is considered as part of the advanced education
B. is given to anyone wanting to get a driver’s license
C. is carried on at the same time as other courses
D. is offered to all the students of Grade 2 in high schools
50. To prevent accidents, a drivers Ed car ___________.
A. has a sign inside it&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& B. has two sets of brakes
C. is big enough to hold five persons&&& &&& D. can’t run very fast
51. We can infer that the students are required to __________ in their whole driving practice.
A. go out driving for twelve times&&&&&&&&&
B. spend at least six hours driving
C. drive for two-hour blocks of time&&&&&&&
D. get half an hour driving
52. In the last sentence,“with flying colors”means _________.
A. happily&& B. successfully&& & C. colorfully&&& && D. quickly
Liverpool city council want to clear the city of fat pigeons. They say&& that people are feeding the birds, which makes them fat. The pigeons get bigger because their normal diet would consist of seeds and insects, not high-fat junk food they are eating in the city centre.
The council want people to know that everyone who feeds the pigeons is responsible for the streets being so crowded with these birds. They hope to encourage the birds to move away from the city centre and into parks and open spaces.
Ten robotic birds have been brought into the city centre to scare the pigeons away and visitors are asked not to give the pigeons any food. The mechanical birds - known as “robops” - will sit on the roofs of buildings. They can be moved around to different locations. They look like a peregrine falcon, which is a bird that kills pigeons. They even make noises and flap their wings to scare the pigeons. They hope that the pigeons will go away before the city becomes the European Capital of Culture in two years.
53. Pigeons in Liverpool get fat because they eat ________ .
A. birds&&&&&& B. seeds&&&&&&&& C. insects&&& &&D. high-fat junk food
54. What do Liverpool city council try to do?
A. They want the pigeons to move out of the city centre.
B. They want people to feed the pigeons with healthy food.
C. They want people to keep the pigeons at home.
D. They want to keep robotic birds instead of pigeons.
55. The robotic birds are used to _________.
A. make the city colorful&&&&&&&& B. drive away the pigeons
C. help feed the pigeons&&&&&&&&& D. show people directions
56. This passage is most probably a(n) __________.
&&& A. notice&&&& B. news report&&& C. short story&& D. advertisement
After winning a big game, athletes are often asked how they attained that success. Most say their achievement is the result of grueling hard work and intense practice. Usually athletes say how hard it is to win the big games. At the opposite end of the spectrum, however, is the fact that losing the big game, or, in my case, all the games, can be even tougher. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
From the spectators’ point of view, last year’s basketball season for my high school team was nothing short of an embarrassment. And while 0 and 20 is certainly nothing to be proud of, that season had a bigger impact on me than any other, and probably more than any season since.
As a team captain, I knew it probably wouldn’t be the easiest year, but did I ever think we would lose every game? Of course not. Since six of our top players had graduated, it was clear that we were a young team who would struggle. The struggle began earlier than expected, though, as our team’s starting center was suspended for the season, and two key members decided to quit after two weeks. At some point, quitting probably passed through every player’s mind, but, in the end, we all stuck it out, vowing to work even harder.
&& Then there came a time when even our own coach had given up on us. Personally, I felt like it was no longer worth giving my all. I thought, if even the coach doesn’t believe in us, why should I? But just as my hope began to fade, a teammate called a meeting. He said, “Nobody thinks we’re going to win, and heck, we may not, but, as teammates and friends, we owe it to each other to give it our all every game.”
& Sure, it was a little cliché, but it was that moment that taught me how to be a leader. It hit me then that I may have been a captain, but I, like others in my position, certainly didn’t deserve the role. As a leader you can never quit on the team who looks up to you. It is one thing to be named captain and feel great and go through the motions, but it is quite another to be a real captain and make sure everyone works to their potential all the time.
I am sure it is great to go through high school without losing and bringing home awards. But in all honesty, I relish the fact that my team lost every game last year. It may not help me to become a better basketball player, but it already has made me a better leader, and person.
57. What was the biggest problem with the author’s team last season?
A. Several key members were unable to play the games.
B. Their coach no longer wanted to instruct them.
C. There were no actual leaders on the team.
D. Most of players lost hope and wanted to quit.
58. In the text, the author seems to suggest that a good leader should _______.
&&& A. be confident about himself&&&&&&&&&& B. make sure everyone goes all out
&&& C. work hard to win the games&&&&&&&&&& D. feel great about his team
59. By saying “we owe it to each other to give it our all every game.” (Paragraph 4) the teammate means that all of them should ________.
&&& A. be responsible for the losses&&&&&&&& B. try their best on the court&
&&& C. feel thankful for what they’ve done& D. get together to win every game&
60. What is the main idea the author aims to express in the text?
&&& A. Success is the result of hard work.
&&& B. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
&&& C. One can learn something from the failure.
&&& D. A real leader should never give up.
第二节:在第61至65题中, 有五人正在选择合适大学就读。阅读下面六所大学的介绍选项(A、B、C、D、E和F),选出符合各人需求的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该选项涂黑。选项中有一项是多余选项。
61. Adam is inquiring about service academies and plans to trade in his college partying for discipline and a rewarding career after college.
62. Ray is looking for a strong academic school in a small-town setting with a competitive athletics program to continue his academic career.
63. Robert is searching for a midsize college in an urban setting with plenty of activities. It offers excellent academics and a competitive sports program.
64. When Kathy was starting the college search process, she made a list of attributes that she wanted in a school. They are affordable, academically competitive and personal.
65. Mike wants to major in business accounting and is looking for a school which is relatively easy to get in.
A. Located in the village of Misenheimer, North Carolina, Pfeiffer University is a small private school with about 1,000 undergraduates. The small-town atmosphere fits with those who come from smaller high schools or feel more secure in a close-knit environment as opposed to a large state school with 20,000 undergrads.
Changes have made the school e new science and lab buildings, a cafeteria, and upperclassmen dorms provide great opportunities for incoming students. For athletes, Pfeiffer has Division II NCAA sports teams for baseball, lacrosse, men’s and women’s basketball, and soccer, as well as many others, including intramurals. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
B. Set in a city, Rutgers has an enrollment of 3,700 undergraduates. With over 40 majors, the college is known for engineering and business accounting.
Rutgers is a commuter campus with half of first-year students living in college housing and fewer than 20 percent of undergraduates living on campus. The college is located a mile from Philadelphia.&
Rutgers has many sports as well as lots of activities available. There are many courses in business accounting major. And there are even seven types of engineering majors. More than half the applicants are accepted, and more than 75 percent of the students return for sophomore year.
C. The United States Naval Academy is one of the best in the world and has trained cadets since 1845. The academy is a four- the campus offers appointments for citizens until the age of 23. USNA has career options such as political science and helps students become commissioned officers in the Navy or Marine Corps.
The United States Naval Academy offers 21 majors, and the dropout rate is less than five percent. This school is difficult, but anyone can pass if they’re willing to work hard. It takes four years to earn a bachelor’s and more for a master’s degree, depending on what you want to study. In addition, cadets are trained to have discipline. During the summer, they can join overseas units for training.
D. The University of Delaware has over 16,000 undergraduates and almost 3,000 graduate students in a midsize college town atmosphere. Even with so many students, U of D still provides the highest quality undergraduate education available.& The University of Delaware has over 100 majors for undergraduates, ranging from accounting to wildlife conservation. It also has world-class programs in business, chemical engineering, and biotechnology. It is one of only four schools in North America with a major in art conservation.
If academics aren’t all you want in a college, the University of Delaware has many athletic programs too. Its 23 varsity sports compete in the NCAA Division I.&
E. Bennett College is a small, private, historically black liberal arts school for women founded in 1873. The college offers an education conducive to excellence i preparation for leadership roles in the workplace, society, and life-long learning in a technologically advanced, complex global society.
& With small classes for individual help, students are able to excel and build purposeful relationships with teachers. The college offers a variety of majors and dual majors with surrounding schools. Bennett takes great pride in its academic and social reputation and is highly looked upon by other schools and organizations.
F. In an age when attending your first-choice college could mean spending $30,000 or even $40,000 a year, the small-town atmosphere yet big-name reputation of Truman State University is appealing. The Princeton Review ranks Truman as the fourth best public college value in the nation.
Truman provides countless opportunities for student involvement, on-campus activities, and athletics. The town of Kirksville has a feeling of home away from home. You can attend Truman for $11,540 (including room and board) if you live in-state. In addition, 94 percent of freshmen are awarded scholarships, and 97 percent receive some financial aid.
The learning environment will prepare students for life after college. Last year Truman placed 99.5 percent of graduates in a graduate/professional program or on to the first step in their career path. Even more impressive, 54 percent of graduates attended top graduate, medical, dental, and law schools.
第Ⅱ卷(共50分)
第三部分:写作(共三节,满分50分)
第一节&&&&&& 单词拼写 (共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
66. It’s e&&&&&&&& &dangerous to put one’s head out of the window in a moving bus.
67. Draw all the c&&&&&&&&& &so that nobody can see what’s going on inside.
68. We cannot a&&&&&&&& &to pay for such an expensive car.
69. It’s bad m&&&&&&&& &for you to speak with your mouth full.
70. The foreigner speaks English with a very strong Australian a&&&&&&&& .
71. Yesterday many people c&&&&&&&& &the famous scientist’s 90th birthday.
72. Can you i&&&&&&&& &what it would be like to live without electricity.
73. You should get p&&&&&&&&&& &from the school if you want to ask for sick leave.
74. Rice is mainly grown in China, Japan and some other A&&&&&&&&& &countries.
75. He g&&&&&&&& &from college last year, but hasn’t found a job yet.
第二节&&&&&& 短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
The English Corner in Zhongshan Park is where people&&&&& && 76. ________
go to practise their spoken English there. Every Sunday&&&& && 77. ________
afternoon they gather around, talk with each other in English. &78. ________
Among them have students, teachers, doctors and so on.&&&& && 79. ________
I first went to the English Corner when I was Junior&&&&&&&&& && 80. ________
Grade Two. I went there every Sunday but talked with some&& 81. ________
people in English. In the past three years I had never been& && 82. ________
absent. I’m sure I’ve made great progresses in my listening& &&83. ________
and speaking. Also we have made many friends there. It is& && 84. ________
really a good place. I hope many friends will join us.&&&&&&&& && 85. ________
第三节: 书面表达(满分30分)
& &在生活中有人喜欢运动,也有人不太运动。请你以“Is sport really good for us?”为题,按照下列要点写一篇英语短文:
1、&&& 正方:运动能强身健体,陶冶情操(如培养合作精神;如何面对胜负等)
2、&&& 反方:运动并非是强身健体的唯一形式(如饮食也很重要);运动容易造成伤害,挫折等
3、&&& 我的看法及理由
注意:词数:100-120 文章题目和开头已给出(不计入词数)。
Is sport really good for us?
Some think sport does us good in many ways.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
1. D &2. A &&3. C &&4. A& &5. D& &6. C &&7. D& &8. A &&9. B &&10. D &&11. C &&12. C 13. A &&14. A &&15. B &&16. D &&17. B &&18. A &&19. D &&20. A &&21.B& 22.A& 23.D& 24.C &&25.B& 26.D &27.A &&28.A &&29.B &&30.C &&31.C &&32.D &&33.A& &34.A& 35.B 36.C &&37.C& 38.C &&39.B &&40.D &&41. C &&42. D &&43. B &&44. A &&45. C &&46. D &&47. A& 48. &B &&49. D &&50. B &&51. A &&52. B &&53.D &&54.A &&55.B &&56. B &&57.D& 58.B& &59.B& 60.C &&61.C& 62.A &&63.D &&64.F &&65.B&
66. &67. &&68. &&69. &70. &&71.
72. &&73. &74. A &&75. graduated&&& 76. &O;&
77. English there → E& 78. talk →& &79. have →&
80. Junior → in J& 81.but →& 82. had →& 83. progresses →&
84. we → I&& 85. many → more
One possible version:
Some think sport does us good in many ways. Not only does sport help people to stay fit and healthy, but the competition and teamwork in sport give people a lot of motivation to keep going and to push themselves hard. Others believe that sport is not the only way to do this. Eating well is a big part of a healthy life. On the other hand, sport can actually be dangerous. Millions of people are hurt playing sport each year, some of them very seriously. Many children are not naturally talented and only come across failure and embarrassment on the sports field. This hurts their confidence.
I think sport teaches us big lessons for life. Most sports involve teamwork and teach us how to get along with others, how to work together to achieve a common goal, and about trust and responsibility. All sports teach us about dealing with success and failure. They also help people learn about coping with pressure and the need to stick with training in order to improve yourself. True, some sports do not suit some people, but there are so many possible choices that everyone can find a sport to enjoy.
&各档次的给分范围和要求:
1.第五档(很好):(25-30分)
完全完成了试题规定的任务。
--覆盖所有内容要点。
--应用了较多的语法结构和词汇。
--语法结构或词汇方面有些许错误,但为尽力使用较复杂结构或高级词汇所致;具备较强的语言运用能力。w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
--有效地使用了语句的连接成分,使全文结构紧凑。
完全达到了预期的写作目的。
2. 第四档(好): (19―24分)
完全完成了试题规定的任务。
--虽漏掉1,2个次要点,但覆盖所有主要内容。
--应用的语法结构和词汇能满足任务的要求。