i dont normally什么意思 giv...

" Proverbs are quite common in spoken English. We dont normally put them in a composition or a letter. Sometimes it is helpful if you know what comm..."阅读答案_高考英语_英语阅读网
最新公告:
&&没有公告
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
" Proverbs are quite common in spoken English. We dont normally put them in a composition or a letter. Sometimes it is helpful if you know what comm..."阅读答案
&&&&&&&&&&
" Proverbs are quite common in spoken English. We dont normally put them in a composition or a letter. Sometimes it is helpful if you know what comm..."阅读答案
作者:佚名
文章来源:
更新时间:
阅读理解。
&&&& Proverbs are quite common in spoken English. We don't normally put them in a composition or a letter. Sometimes it is helpful if you know what common proverbs mean. Here are a few examples. &&&& 1) "Once bitten, twice shy." If a dog bites me, I shall be twice as careful in future when I see it. This proverb is also used to apply to many things and not only to dogs. If you have been cheated at a shop, you will not go the same shop again. &&&& 2) "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." If I am a hunter, trying to catch birds, it is better to catch one than to see two birds in a bush but not able to catch them. Thus this means that what you have already got is better than the chance of being able to get something bigger in future. &&&& 3) "Too many cooks spoil the broth (soup)". When too many people do something, they get in each other's way and do a bad job. &&&& 4) "To pour oil on troubled waters" is to try to calm things down. Oil is lighter than water. If a ship is in trouble at sea, another ship may come to help it. The second ship can send small boats to rescue people. However, it may first pour oil on the sea to make the sea less rough. &&&& 5) "Don't be a dog in a manger( 槽 )" means " Don't be selfish." In a stable ( 马房 ), the manger is the place where the horse's food is put. Sometimes a dog will sleep in the manger and bark when a horse comes to get its food. The dog does want to eat the lay in the manger but it will not let the horse eat it. &&&& 6) "He is sitting on the fence" means that somebody will not say whether he is in favor of a plan or against it. He is sitting on a fence between two opposing sides, perhaps waiting to see which side will win. &&&& 7) "He who pays the piper calls the tune." A piper is a musician. The man who employs or pays a musician can say what tunes the man will play. Thus this means that if a man provides the money for a plan, he can say how it will be carried out. &&&& 8) "You can't get blood out of a stone" means that you cannot get something from a person who has not got any of the things you want. e. g. you cannot get a million dollars from a poor man.
1. Peter has a bicycle which is much too small for him but he does not want to let his younger brother&& &ride on it. His mother is angry and says to him: ______.
A. You can't get blood out of a stone B. Don't be a dog in a manger C. The early bird gets the worm D. To pour oil on troubled waters
2. Mr. Wang paid for a new school. Some people didn't like the design of the school but they&& &didn't argue with Mr. Wang because ______.
A. he was sitting on the fence B. once bitten, twice shy C. he who pays the piper calls the tune D. a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
3. Mrs. Lin wanted to buy a new dress. Her husband suggested that she buy it from a shop&near their home.&& &Mrs. Lin disagreed because she had been cheated by that shop. So she said: "I won't go there again &&&& because ______." 
A. a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush B. I am sitting on the fence C. once bitten, twice shy D. too many cooks spoil the broth
4. Mr. Brown had quite a good job in Hong Kong but he thought that if he went to Singapore, he might &&& get a much better job with more money and a larger house. His wife didn't want him to leave his job&&& &in Hong Kong and she reminded him that ______.
A. a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush B. too many cooks spoil the broth C. you can not get blood out of a stone
参考答案:
高中录入:admin&&&&责任编辑:admin&
上一篇高中: 下一篇高中:
【字体: 】【】【】【】【】【】
  网友评论:(只显示最新10条。评论内容只代表网友观点,与本站立场无关!)你要知道,我非常在乎你,并且永远都会与你相随。
You should know that I care for you deeply. And will always be there for you.
当你来到这里给我工作的时候,我并不在乎你现在懂得多少,但是我非常在乎你是否有战斗的精神跟坚强的个性。
I don't mind how much you know when you came here to work for me, but I do mind whether you have the spirit of fight and a strong personality.
如果是碰到餐厅里服务员的服务质量或是我买的东西的品质问题时,我非常在乎我的权利。
I care about my rights when it comes to the quality of a waitress in a restaurant or a product I buy. When it comes to democracy and all that, well ...
我告诉他,我非常在乎蓝军,如果我回去,我会做很多有意义的事情。
I said to him that I care about this club very much, and when I do come back, I want to do something very valuable.
说实话,我非常在乎你!
Told the truth, I care about you very much!
为什麽我要自己相信奇迹会发生。因为我非常在乎你。
Why did I let myself believe miracles would happen? Beacause I really care about you.
我非常在乎你。
I care a lot about you.
我非常在乎整洁,爱做家务。
I'm very passionate about cleanliness and housework.
其实我也非常在乎你花了多少钱,即无论如何也应做到物有所值。
I matters a lot how much you pay! You tend to get what you pay for (more so for a sewing machine than for a car, IMO).
爸爸:亲爱的,不要误会我。我不知道该怎么解释。但是我真的非常在乎你和孩子们。
Dad: Honey, don't get me wrong. (Don't misunderstand me. ) I don't know how to explain. But I really have eyes only for you and our children.
但是你的幸福。我是非常的在乎。
But your happiness . I am very mind .
但是我真的非常在乎你和孩子们。
But I really have eyes only for you and our children.
我经常因为它们而哭泣:几乎任何能让我回想起小时候甚至成年以后的艰难时刻的东西,或者任何能让我回想起我曾经非常在乎的人们的东西,因为那些人曾经保护过我。
I often cry at almost anything that reminds me of difficult times in childhood or even adulthood, or of people who I cared for deeply because they protected me.
我可能有时候看起来很笨,可是我的内心是非常在乎你的。
I may look like a fool, but underneath I care about you so much.
错愕,真的,只是一种情感宣泄。我知道,你非常在乎我。
I know , I keep asking myself how much I love U .
那一天,我发现天父那么了解我、在乎我,也非常体贴我的软弱、我的感受…
That day, I realized Father God really understands me and is very concerned for me, He also understands my weaknesses and feelings…
就让他们把我叫作叛逆吧,非常欢迎,我毫不在乎。
Let them call me rebel, and welcome, I feel no concern
其实我不知道什么是爱,它离我很遥远,直到我发现我不知从什么时候开始非常在乎你的那一刻。
To be true, I never understood what love is, and I felt it faraway from me, until the moment I found myself caring you.
总之,一个非常混乱的社会,但是我在乎漂亮女在这些地区巡逻。
Frankly, quite a confusing society…but hech i dont mind the beautiful girls patrolling the area.
我本人并不在乎奥普拉怎么看我叔叔。但我非常在意看她节目的上百万观众对我叔叔的看法。尤其是当它们都是谎言的时候。
I personally don't care what Oprah thinks, but I do care what her millions of audience thinks about my uncle.
我想让日本人知道上帝并没有把他们遗忘,上帝非常在乎并爱着他们。
And I want the people of Japan to know that God hasn’t forgotten them,
that God does care for them and that he loves them.
我通常不太在乎薯条,但是如果忍饥挨饿,他们吃起来就非常好了。
I don't normally care for potato chips, but if I'm starving, they taste exquisite.
能不能成为一个腰缠万贯的死鬼对于我来说并不重要……我在乎的是,晚上躺在床上时我能不能对自己说‘我们做了一些非常了不起的事情’。
“Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me …Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.” [The Wall Street Journal, May 25, 1993]
我认为如果你对一些事情不满意,你一定要表达出来,我认为让年轻球员看到你在乎什么,看到你想要赢得比赛和冠军,这对他们来说是非常好的。
I think that's good for the young players to see that you care and you want to win.
我认为如果你对一些事情不满意,你一定要表达出来,我认为让年轻球员看到你在乎什么,看到你想要赢得比赛和冠军,这对他们来说是非常好的。
I think that's good for the young players to see that you care and you want to win.
$firstVoiceSent
- 来自原声例句
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!}

我要回帖

更多关于 normally什么意思 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信