to be the samee can be sai...

Are you a student in Pickering? Do you like to write? Can you imagine Pickering in the year 2025? If you say yes to these questions then you should enter the “In Your Words ”writing contest. You can write an essay, story or a poem on the topic “Imagine my diverse community in the year 2025”Guidelines :1. Students are to submit a piece of writing (e.g. poem , story , essay ) on the topic.2. Entries will be separated into three categories : Elementary : Grades 2-5, Elementary : Grades 6-8, Secondary: Grades 9-12.3. Entries should speak to issues of diversity(差异/多样性), equality and or race relations. Entries that speak to personal experiences or personal thoughts about the topic are recommended(推荐/建议).4. Entries are to be 600 words at most . Typed. Double spaced . Size 12 front.5. First, second and third places will be chosen for each category to award an “Honourable Mention”.6. One submission per student will be accepted.Timelines :All entries must be submitted(上交) by 4:00 pm on December 3,2009.Only mailed or hand-delivered original submissions will be accepted ( no faxes or emails ).Judges will review entries and select winners in each category by February 2010.Incentives(奖励):Contest winners will be invited to share their submissions at the Race Relations Forum hosted by the Pickering Advisory.Winning entries will be displayed in the lobby of the Pickering Civic Complex and featured on the city of Pickering website for the month of March 2010.The winners of each category will have their entries printed in the News Advertiser and other possible publications.72. Which of the following is NOT a topic of the writing contest ?Family responsibilities&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. Social justice(正义)C.& Relationship between different races&&&&&& D. Various races in the same community(社区)73. According to the passage, if you join in the contest, you_______.A. must base your writing on your personal experiencesB. should write an article of at least 600 words C. can submit several pieces of writingwill be free to choose a writing style 74. If an entry is awarded, it will be ______. A. advertised in a newspaper&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. used as learning material C. posted on the Pickering website&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. presented at an international forum75. How many contestants at least will be awarded in all ?A. 1&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. 3 &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. 6&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. 9
点击展开完整题目
Are you a student in Pickering? Do you like
to write? Can you imagine Pickering in the year 2025? If you say yes to these
questions then you should enter the “In Your Words ”writing contest. You can
write an essay, story or a poem on the topic “Imagine my diverse community in
the year 2025”
Guidelines :
1. Students are to submit a piece of
writing (e.g. poem , story , essay ) on the topic.
2. Entries will be separated into three
categories : Elementary : Grades 2-5, Elementary : Grades 6-8, Secondary:
Grades 9-12.
3. Entries should speak to issues of
diversity(差异/多样性), equality and or race
relations. Entries that speak to personal experiences or personal thoughts
about the topic are recommended(推荐/建议).
4. Entries are to be 600 words at most .
Typed. Double spaced . Size 12 front.
5. First, second and third places will be
chosen for each category to award an “Honourable Mention”.
6. One submission per student will be
accepted.
Timelines :
All entries must be submitted(上交) by 4:00 pm on December
Only mailed or hand-delivered original
submissions will be accepted ( no faxes or emails ).
Judges will review entries and select
winners in each category by February 2010.
Incentives(奖励):
Contest winners will be invited to share
their submissions at the Race Relations Forum hosted by the Pickering Advisory.
Winning entries will be displayed in the
lobby of the Pickering Civic Complex and featured on the city of Pickering
website for the month of March 2010.
The winners of each category will have
their entries printed in the News Advertiser and other possible publications.
72. Which of the following is NOT a topic
of the writing contest ?
Family
responsibilities&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. Social justice(正义)
C.& Relationship between different
races&&&&&& D. Various races in the same
community(社区)
73. According to the passage, if you join
in the contest, you_______.
A. must base your writing on your personal
experiences
B. should write an article of at least 600
words
C. can submit several pieces of writing
will be free to choose a writing style
74. If an entry is awarded, it will be
______.
A. advertised in a newspaper&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. used as learning material
C. posted on the Pickering
website&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
D. presented at an international forum
75. How many contestants at least will be
awarded in all ?
A.
1&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. 3
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C.
6&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
D. 9
点击展开完整题目
Are you a student in Pickering? Do you like to write? Can you imagine Pickering in the year 2025? If you say yes to these questions then you should enter the “In Your Words ”writing contest. You can write an essay, story or a poem on the topic “Imagine my diverse community in the year 2025”
Guidelines :
1. Students are to submit a piece of writing (e.g. poem , story , essay ) on the topic.
2. Entries will be separated into three categories : Elementary : Grades 2-5, Elementary : Grades 6-8, Secondary: Grades 9-12.
3. Entries should speak to issues of diversity(差异/多样性), equality and or race relations. Entries that speak to personal experiences or personal thoughts about the topic are recommended(推荐/建议).
4. Entries are to be 600 words at most . Typed. Double spaced . Size 12 front.
5. First, second and third places will be chosen for each category to award an “Honourable Mention”.
6. One submission per student will be accepted.
Timelines :
All entries must be submitted(上交) by 4:00 pm on December 3,2009.
Only mailed or hand-delivered original submissions will be accepted ( no faxes or emails ).
Judges will review entries and select winners in each category by February 2010.
Incentives(奖励):
Contest winners will be invited to share their submissions at the Race Relations Forum hosted by the Pickering Advisory.
Winning entries will be displayed in the lobby of the Pickering Civic Complex and featured on the city of Pickering website for the month of March 2010.
The winners of each category will have their entries printed in the News Advertiser and other possible publications.
72. Which of the following is NOT a topic of the writing contest ?
Family responsibilities&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. Social justice(正义)
C.& Relationship between different races&&&&&& D. Various races in the same community(社区)
73. According to the passage, if you join in the contest, you_______.
A. must base your writing on your personal experiences
B. should write an article of at least 600 words
will be free to choose a writing style
74. If an entry is awarded, it will be ______.
&& A. advertised in a newspaper&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&& B. used as learning material
C. posted on the Pickering website&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&& D. presented at an international forum
75. How many contestants at least will be awarded in all ?
A. 1&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. 3 &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. 6&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D. 9
点击展开完整题目
Are you a student in Pickering? Do you like to write? Can you imagine Pickering in the year 2025? If you say yes to these questions then you should enter the “In Your Words ”writing contest. You can write an essay, story or a poem on the topic “Imagine my diverse community in the year 2025”
Guidelines :
1. Students are to submit a piece of writing (e.g. poem , story , essay ) on the topic.
2. Entries will be separated into three categories : Elementary : Grades 2-5, Elementary : Grades 6-8, Secondary: Grades 9-12.
3. Entries should speak to issues of diversity(差异/多样性), equality and or race relations. Entries that speak to personal experiences or personal thoughts about the topic are recommended(推荐/建议).
4. Entries are to be 600 words at most . Typed. Double spaced . Size 12 front.
5. First, second and third places will be chosen for each category to award an “Honourable Mention”.
6. One submission per student will be accepted.
Timelines :
All entries must be submitted(上交) by 4:00 pm on December 3,2009.
Only mailed or hand-delivered original submissions will be accepted ( no faxes or emails ).
Judges will review entries and select winners in each category by February 2010.
Incentives(奖励):
Contest winners will be invited to share their submissions at the Race Relations Forum hosted by the Pickering Advisory.
Winning entries will be displayed in the lobby of the Pickering Civic Complex and featured on the city of Pickering website for the month of March 2010.
The winners of each category will have their entries printed in the News Advertiser and other possible publications.
72. Which of the following is NOT a topic of the writing contest ?
AFamily responsibilities&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&& B. Social justice(正义)
C.& Relationship between different races&&&&&& D. Various races in the same community(社区)
73. According to the passage, if you join in the contest, you_______.
A. must base your writing on your personal experiences
B. should write an article of at least 600 words
D.will be free to choose a writing style
74. If an entry is awarded, it will be ______.
&& A. advertised in a newspaper&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&& B. used as learning material
C. posted on the Pickering website&&&&&& &&&&&&&& D. presented at an international forum
75. How many contestants at least will be awarded in all ?
A. 1&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. 3 &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. 6&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&& D. 9
点击展开完整题目
&第一部分 听力第一节& 1―5BACBB第二节& 6―10CCCBB& 11―15BCBCB&
16―20AABBC第二部分:英语知识运用第一节:语法和词汇知识21.答案:D解析:当独一无二的职务作表语或宾补时,前面可以不用冠词;society此处意为“社团;团体”,是单数可数名词。22.答案:C解析: There is no point in doing sth为固定句型,意为:做……是没有意义的,没有用的。23.答案:A& 解析:not in the least等于not at all“一点不;丝毫不”,因此应选A, 意思为“(她做的事)不可能更糟了”,即“非常糟糕”。24.答案:C& 解析:escape后跟动名词作宾语;由于主语the
little boy是burn动作的承受者,所以要用动名词的被动式。25.答案:C解析:从can’t say for sure可知答案为may, 意为“或许;可能”。26.答案:B& 解析:is后为that引导的表语从句;在表语从句中,包含有由what引导的主语从句what they do,what在主语从句中作do的宾语。27.答案:B 解析:过去分词的否定形式作applicant form的后置定语。28.答案:C 解析:with后跟复合宾语,as后跟句子;raise是及物动词,rise是不及物动词;by表示差别,综合以上可判断C为正确答案。29.答案:C 解析: in response to“应对;作出反应”。&30.答案:D 解析:根据句意断定你不可能见到他,已经走了两周了。31.答案:A 解析:事实上, advertise 可用作及物和不及物动词:用作及物动词时,其意为“为……做广告”、“登广告宣传”;用作不及物动词时,其意为“做广告”、“登广告”,此时通常后接介词 for,表示“做广告征求”。比较:
advertise for sth (sb) 登广告征求或寻找某物或某人 (此时 advertise 不及物)
advertise sth 为……登广告,登广告宣传……(此时 advertise 是及物动词,其后要直接跟被宣传的东西作宾语)32.答案:A 解析:此题涉及两个搭配:一是
not … but …(不是……而是……),二是 whether … or not (是否)。请看类例:He was not
an actor, who often appeared on stage, _____ a writer, writing stories.
A.but&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B.and&&&& C.then&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.so 主要考查 not … but … 结构。33.答案:D解析:由句意可知:“我”本希望给他发封贺电,但未办到。had
hoped/thought/meant……本希望/想/打算做某事,但与过去事实相反。34.答案:A 解析:由so we only had time for a few words可知:当我们到访时,Dr.Smith.正要离开,was leaving过去进行时表将来。35.答案:B 解析:第一眼看四个词从形式上看都是以-ly结尾的形容词,但从句子结构看,空白处需要填连词。但不少学生受hardly…when…影响,可能很容易选A。其实,directly/immediately等少数副词具有连词的功能用来连接两个句子,意思是“一…….就…..”,相当于as soon
as, the Moment 等用法。第二节:完形填空36.答案:B& 解析:此句是中国名言:“每个事业成功的男人身后都有一个女人帮助或支持”37.答案:D 解析:sayings 意为:“俗语、谚语”,指上面说到的。38.答案:D 解析:有前面句子得出, “男人统治整个世界,女人统治整个世界的男人。”39.答案:A 解析:根据上下文。40.答案:B 解析:根据后面的want 得出,她们想要东西。41.答案:A 解析:根据下句,when they work 可了解。42.答案:A 解析:本句意思为:“他们想要高的报酬”是被动句式。43.答案:C 解析:此句意思为:“她们想和世界其他男人一样做事成功”44.答案: B 解析:此处为“美国早期妇女解放运动”,activity活动;affair 事件 事情;incident事件。而答案B则是运动。45.答案:A 解析:根据上下文得知。46.答案:D 解析:此处意思为:“有同等的获得成功的机会” 。47.答案:A 解析:本句子讲的是寻求职业。48.答案:B 解析:妇女希望和男人同样的待遇。49.答案:D 解析:妇女自由了,be proud of “以……而自豪”;be fond
of“喜欢”;be afraid of“害怕”;be tired of “厌倦”。50.答案:C 解析:上下文可推理得出。51.答案:B 解析:根据have confidence in herself 得出只是微笑而不是哭泣。52.答案:B 解析:as long as只要;as soon as 一…..就….; as far as 那么远.。53.答案:A 解析:许多美国妇女不赞成这一运动。54.答案:C 解析:从整篇文章得出,上下有转折关系。55.答案:D 解析:make changes发生变化;make progress取得进步;make decisions做出决定。 &第三部分:阅读理解56.答案:A词意猜测题。解析:男女大脑的思维在某些方面的差异是天生固有的。57.答案:C推理判断题。解析:根据文章第五段可推断出选项中这类物体是以白色为限定& 范畴的,故选项C为答案。&58.答案:B推理判断题。解析:男性在推理和空间思维方面占优势,女性在提取大脑中储存的记忆信息方面占优势。故答案为B。59.答案:A细节理解题。解析:根据文章第四段可知。文章只是说调查涉及到老年人,但并不都是老年人,故排除B。选项D不是造成调查结果不准确的原因。60.答案:B主旨理解题。解析:根据文章第一段可知。61.答案:B细节题。解析:从文章第二段第三行“the largest tsunami damage occurred at Isla Chiloe---the coastal
area closest to the epicenter(震中).”可以得到答案。62.答案:C本题为细节题。
解析:考察文章第二段的最后几句。A选项不是arrived immediately而是10-15分钟以后到来。B选项为至少200人,D选项不是half of the inland而是half a kilometer,故以上3个选项均有误。63.答案:B解析:最后一段的最后一句“However, it is believed that most of the deaths in Chile were
caused by the tsunami.”说明本题答案。64.答案:D.细节题。解析:2,000,000为无家可归人的数目;200,000为the city of Valparaiso的人口数。490 to 5,7002为地震和海啸共同导致的死亡数。65.答案:A.推理判断题。解析:由本段的下一句A total of 130,000 houses were destroyed可以推测出答案。66.答案:C综合细节题。解析:文中没有提到只有南方人吃甜元宵。要特别注意题干中的NOT一词。67.答案:A简单推测题。解析:第一段中说明它起源于金代,盛行于唐宋,说明是中国的。68.答案:D细节顺序题。解析:prepare some rice flour文中未提,但应该在前。69.答案:D主旨大意题。解析:文中说了元宵的起源、制作材料和方法以及流行情况,只有D能概括全文。70.答案:A推理判断题。解析:文中显示我们吃元宵主要是因为它是传统。71.答案: D推理判断题。解析:根据文章最后一段,火炬手选拔的标准之一为“love of Chinese culture and history”,由此可推断Jenny Bowen是热爱中国文化和历史的;A项文章并未提到;B、C项与文章内容不符。72.答案:D 细节题。解析:根据第三段“Bowen hopes that running with the Olympic torch will help draw
attention to the children in China.”可得出答案。73.答案:C细节题。解析:第三段提到“it will be the longest torch relay in Olympic history.”,但文章并未提到是runners最多的;根据“in a contest organized by … Lenovo Group and … China Daily.”A的表述是正确的;根据倒数第二段,B表述正确;根据最后一段,D表述正确。74.答案:A主旨大意题。解析:文章主要讲的是生活在北京的Bowen将成为2008年为北京奥运会传递火炬的唯一一位美国人。75.答案:C推理判断题。解析:文章首先概述事件本身,接着分析背景,然后顺带提到其它相关信息,根据其结构,应为新闻报道。&&第四部分:书面表达第一节&&&&&& 阅读表达76.Homecoming
Day77.Watching the
football game and voting for homecoming queen or king.78.homecoming
queen or king.79.Because they
come to meet their teachers or classmates and have fun.80.有些标语是祝球队好运,还有很多欢迎往届毕业生回校的标语。第二节 写作(满分30分)One
possible version:Dear Mr. Li,&&& We’re so pleased that you are
willing to share our views. In the course of the general revision, what we need
is solid foundation.&&& In the course of the general
revision, what we need is solid foundation. As you know, we didn’t learn well
enough in the first two years, so please slow down and make sure we have really
mastered something. Besides, we need a little more time to think for ourselves.
As for those important points which also make us confused, would you please
give us more practice in case we forget?
Meanwhile, we need your instruction, for example, in how to
write in natural English. I still have another request: assign us less homework
in order that we can do it more efficiently.
the way, we often feel frustrated, which has a very bad effect on our study. We
would appreciate it if you would give us some encouragement from time to time.Yours sincerely zhanghua &听力材料Text 1M: Is the meeting held in Room 302 ?W: Yes, it is. But I hear that it has been put off till tomorrow. M: Really? Is it at three in the afternoon?W: No. It will be at two.
Text 2M: I don’t know what’s happening. I can’t get Sampras’
website. W: Did you type in the correct address?
M: Yes, it can’t be wrong. Is something up or has his site changed already?W: I am not sure either. Maybe you can ask this question at www. tennis. com. Text 3W: Are you traveling alone?M: No. I will take my
family abroad this time. My wife and our three children are all going along with me. W: What a wonderful experience that will be! I wish I could travel
abroad some day. Text 4W:
Dear, look at those monkeys running around the rock hill. See that monkey? She’s
carrying her baby in her arms.M: Yes,
isn’t it interesting?Text 5&&& M: Hi, Miss Jane. I’m sorry I failed again in your subject, but I really tried. W: No one succeeds every time. Come on and be happy. You’ll have more chances. M: Thanks a lot. No failure next time. Text 6M: How can I help you, Miss?W: Could you break a 20-dollar bill for me?M: Sure. How do you want it?W: Could I have two 5’s
and the rest in 1’s?M: Well, I have some 5’s,
but I don’t have enough 1’s. Are quarters
fine with you?W: Oh,
that’s even better! In that case, I won’t have to worry about the small change
for the bus later. M: Here you are!W: Thanks a million!Text 7&&&&& W: Hello, fire service. M: Oh,
I’m ringing because I think there is a fire in the house opposite. Smoke is coming
out of the upstairs window.W: Can you give me your name and address and telephone number,
please?M: Yes, Hank Cousins, 17
Mallett Street, Alford. W: I’m sorry. Can you spell Mallett, please?M: Yes,
M A double L E double T. My telephone number is 6943168.The fire is in number 18 just across
the road.W: Is anyone in the house?M: No, they’ve gone on holiday. They went to the Mediterranean
last Saturday, for two weeks.
W: All right. We will go there immediately.M: What shall I do? Shall I warn the neighbors?W: Yes. You’d better tell the people living next door, at number 16 and
number 20.But don’t go&& into the house.Text 8M: Hello, Han Meimei. I hear you’re going to the United States. W: Yes, I’m going with my grandma. We’re going to see my parents in New Jersey. M: When are you leaving, then?W: Tomorrow evening. Our plane leaves at seven fifteen. But we have
to get there an hour earlier. M: How long will you be there?W: Six months. M: Six months! Do go and see my grandparents in New York, please. W: Of course, I will. I want to see as many places as I can. How
should I travel?M: Most people travel by car. The roads are very good. W: But I don’t have a car and I can’t drive. Is there any other way
to travel?M: You can travel by bus. It’s very cheap. W: Can’t I travel by train?M: Yes, you can. The train is expensive in the States. But it’s
fast. W: Thank you very much. Well, I must be off now. See you when I get
back. M: Good luck and have a good trip. Text 9W: Hello, James. Haven’t seen you for
several weeks. M: Oh, hey, Sandy. I have been studying a lot for my
final exam. W: Well, the term is almost over now.
What are your plans?M: Well, my penfriend is coming for a visit this summer, and we’d
like to go around the country. But traveling is expensive. W: Have you thought about camping?M: Camping? I have never done that. W: I think you will really like it. It’s much cheaper than staying
at a hotel. And being close to nature is a good way to forget about school life
for a while. M: What a good idea! We can go by bike until we find a nice place
and just camp where we like. W: Well, not exactly. You’re only allowed to camp in certain places.
But there are many national parks, state parks and even village campgrounds
around the country. M: Sounds great! Here’s my bus. I’ll talk to you about this later. Text 10& Hello, everyone. You are going to
hear some information about four inventions. First, the piano, a
key-board musical instrument, was invented in 1709 by the Italian, Bartolomeo
Cristofori. Second, the sewing machine, which greatly revolutionized
clothes-making, was invented by Elias Howe, an American inventor in 1846. Third, the
gasoline automobile was invented by Gottlieb Daimler, a German engineer, in
1885. His construction of the first high-speed engine with four wheels,
used for land transport, led to the development of the automobile industry. And last, the
its first practical commercial model was invented in 1867 by the
American inventor Christopher Sholes and was manufactured by the American
gunsmith Philo Remington in 1874. &&&&}

我要回帖

更多关于 to be the same 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信