mediamonkeyy and crocodil...

Monkey: A Trickster Tale from India
3.7/5 by 215 users
08 October 2016
Monkey: A Trickster Tale from India
Monkey is hungry for the delicious mangoes on the island in the river, but he can't swim! How will he get there? Crocodile offers to carry Monkey across the water on his back, so Monkey hops aboard. Trouble is, Crocodile is hungry, too&for Monkey! Will clever Monkey come up with a way to get the mangoes and escape Crocodile's sharp teeth? Master storyteller and artist Gerald McDermott brings the vibrant colors of India to his telling of this classic trickster tale, which has plenty of cleverness and a sprinkling of mischief.
Title:Monkey: A Trickster Tale from India
Edition Language:English
Format Type:Hardcover
Number of Pages:32 pages
After reading the lackluster Pig-Boy, I became worried that Gerald McDermott had traveled past his prime. Not so! This book is really closer to 4 1/2 stars. The story is great -- like what The Gingerb...
Stephanie Gamache
McDermott, G. (2011). Monkey: A trickster tale from India. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.Target Audience: Ages 2 - 8Genre: Folktale (Fable)Mango loving Monkey must outsmart the hungry Crocodil...
Tanner Markle
Title: Monkey: A Trickster Tale from IndiaAuthor: Gerald McDermottGenre: FableTheme(s): Pay attention, quick thinkingOpening line/sentence: Monkey! Chattering Monkey.Brief Book Summary: Monkey is dete...
Booklist (April 15, 2011 (Vol. 107, No. 16))Preschool-Grade 2. McDermott adds to his shelf of popular trickster tales with this bright, funny story from the Buddhist tradition. In the classic brains-v...
DyolF Dixon
Monkey, A Trickster Tale From India, by Gerald McDermott is a book about a monkey who wants to go to an island in the middle of the river to eat mangoes. The crocodile wants to eat the monkey’s hear...
Jess Brown
What an adorable story (I love a good trickster tale)! What I especially liked was that this is easily tellable (or readable) to younger elementary kids. Sometimes I find folktales a bit rough for the...
Sally Deem
This story is about a monkey who wants to get to an island to eat the delicious mango fruit off the trees found there. However, he is unable to swing from his branches to the island to reach the fruit...
A beautifully, brightly illustrated trickster tale that is simply told. Perfect for kindergarten and first grade. I love the crocodile's scales and the monkey's tail! ...
Sarah Sammis
http://www./blog/......
In the sixth of his books bringing trickster tales to today's readers, McDermott tells the story of Monkey, who just can't get enough mangoes to eat, and Crocodile, who would like nothing more than to...
Recent Book
About Gerald McDermott
Gerald McDermott is an award-winning children’s book illustrator and an expert on mythology. His work often combines bright colors and styles with ancient imagery. He has created more than 25 books and animated films. His first book,
Anansi the Spider, was awarded a Caldecott Honor, and he’s since won the Caldecott Medal for
Arrow to the Sun and another Caldecott Honor.
Recent Search
Browse by Genre
Have An Account ?
Remember Me
7 Days Trial
For New Account
Register Free Account
Read All Our Content
High Quality Books
Premium Books
Support Many DeviceOnce upon a time there was a clever monkey who lived by the river Ganga. A crocodile and his wife lived in the same river. One day, the crocodile’s wife fell very ill. She wanted to eat something special. She asked her husband to get her a monkey’s heart. The crocodile did not know what to do. Then he thought of his neighbour, the monkey. He said, “Friend Monkey, why do you waste your time eating the fruits of this tree? There are juicy fruits on the other side of the river.” When the monkey said that the river was too big for him to cross, the crocodile offered to take him on his back. After a while, the crocodile sank in the water along with the monkey. He told the monkey that his wife was sick and wanted his heart. The monkey realised that he had been foolish to trust the crocodile. He quickly thought of a clever plan to escape. He said, “Alas friend! Our hearts are not inside us. We have to keep them hanging on trees. I wish you had told me earlier. Let’s go back and bring my heart.” The crocodile believed the monkey and brought him back to the tree. The monkey at once climbed up the tree and escaped. He said to the crocodile, “You have a big body but no brains!” The crocodile had nothing to do but repent for his foolishness on being tricked by the monkey.
Related Stories
Leave a ReplyCrocodile and Monkey - Story (4.10 Mb) - Latest version for free download on General Play
Advertising
Crocodile and M&onkey - Story
Average rating:
Add date: 12 Dec 2012
Checked: 21 Sep 2014
Once upon a tim&e there lived a& monkey in a ju&ngle on a jamun& tree near a ri&ver.
Jamuns of& that tree were& very delicious&. The monkey us&ed to sit on a &branch of the t&ree and enjoyed& the fruits.
O&ne day while th&e monkey was ea&ting the jamuns&, a crocodile c&ame out of the &river and settl&ed down to take& rest on the te&nder grass near& the jamun tree&.
The monkey &saw the crocodi&le. He was look&ing tired. The &monkey said to &the crocodile, &“Hey friend! Wo&uld you like to& have some refr&eshing jamuns.”&
The crocodile &looked up to th&e monkey, smile&d and said, “Wh&y not friend! T&hanks for the f&avor.” The croc&odile kept his &mouth wide open& and the monkey& started throwi&ng the jamuns i&nto his mouth.
& Soon the hunge&r of the crocod&ile got satisfi&ed. He not only& liked the hosp&itality of the &monkey but also& the taste of t&he delicious ja&muns. He said, &“Thanks friend &for the nice tr&eat. I will com&e again to see &you.”
They both& said goodbye t&o each other an&d departed. The& monkey started& eating the jam&uns again and t&he crocodile to&ok his way to h&ome. Both were &happy to have a& nice friend.
P&age 7: After th&at the crocodil&e frequently ca&me to see the m&onkey and the m&onkey always we&lcomed him with& nice jamuns. T&hey have become& good friends. &
Page 8: One da&y when the croc&odile came to m&eet the monkey,& he gave some j&amuns for the c&rocodile’s wife& too and said, &“Friend! This i&s for your wife&. Please pay my& regards to her&.”
The crocodil&e accepted the &fruits and took& his way to hom&e happily. He w&as eager to giv&e the fruits to& his wife that &his friend monk&ey gave for her&.
Page 10: He r&eached home and& showed the jam&uns to his wife& and told the w&hole story. She& ate them happi&ly. She liked t&he delicious ja&muns.
Page 11&: The crocodile&’s wife was ver&y cunning. She &thought if the &monkey used to &eat such tasty &fruits everyday& then his heart& would also be &tasty like thes&e jamuns for su&re.
She said t&o the crocodile&, “Please go an&d get the heart& of that monkey& for me. I woul&d love to eat i&t up.” The croc&odile got shock&ed.
He said, “&Oh dear! He is &my friend. Plea&se don’t do thi&s to him. If yo&u like the jamu&ns, I will get &more from him. &But please don’&t ask for his h&eart.”
Page 14&: She said, “If& you don’t get &his heart, I wi&ll not eat anyt&hing and will d&ie from hunger.&” He tried a lo&t to convince h&er but in vain.& She was not re&ady to hear any&thing.
Page 15:& The crocodile &heavy heartedly& agreed to do w&hatever she wan&ted him to do. &His wife became& happy. He prom&ised her that h&e would come wi&th monkey’s hea&rt and left hom&e.
He swam to&wards the jamun& tree where the& monkey lived. &In the meantime& he thought of &a plan so that &he could get th&e monkey’s hear&t.
Page 17: H&e reached to th&e jamun tree an&d said cleverly& to the monkey,& “Hey friend! M&y wife liked th&e jamuns very m&uch. She is ver&y happy and wan&ts to thank you& personally. So& she has invite&d you for dinne&r. Please come &with me.
All download links:
Version: 1.0
(Google Play)
Advertising
Bookmark us
Please wait...
For example,
Login via services
Categories
Last Global Interests}

我要回帖

更多关于 monkey 的文章