you canyou do the jobb ...

> 问题详情
听力原文: Companies often give work to an outside business that can do the job for less mo
悬赏:0&答案豆
提问人:匿名网友
发布时间:
听力原文: Companies often give work to an outside business that can do the job for less money than their own employees could. This is called outsourcing. Outsourcing has become a political issue in the campaign for the American presidential election in November.Many companies in the United States have been moving jobs to countries where costs are much lower. Factory production jobs have moved away for years. But the jobs now also involve skills like computer programming.Labor groups and workers are angry. They point to reports that say the United States has lost two-and-a-half million jobs since two-thousand-one. Most were jobs in manufacturing. Some states have lost more jobs than others. But no one seems to know for sure how many jobs left the country.There was a recession. Jobs were cut. Yet, so far, the economic recovery has produced fewer jobs than expected. So outsourcing has created an emotional debate.What's the purpose of outsourcing?A.Recruiting new staff.B.Producing quality products.C.Increasing productivity.D.Save money and labor cost.请帮忙给出正确答案和分析,谢谢!
为您推荐的考试题库
您可能感兴趣的试题
1What kind of jobs have been moved to countries with lower labor costs?A.Factory production.B.Computer programming.C.Labor-intensive jobs.D.All of the above.2How many jobs were lost in 2001 according to the labor groups' complaints?A.250, 000 jobs.B.25, 000 jobs.C.2, 500, 000 jobs.D.2, 500 jobs.3听力原文:A(Female): Not everybody reads the daily newspaper. People who don't read newspaper are sometimes referred to as non-readers.B(Male): Yes. I think I am one of those who are called non-readers. I read no newspaper, no books. I just like watching TV.A: Early research has shown that the non-readers are generally low in education,, low in income, either very young or very old. In addition, non-readers are more likely to live in rural areas and have less contact with neighbors and friends.B: Woo, I am definitely not in that type. That's a kind of horrible lifestyle, no friends, no social contacts. I am not trying to isolate myself, by the way, I just have no time to read. I am always so busy.A: I know that is your excuse. People like you always say they don't have the time, they prefer radio or TV, they have no interest in reading a tale and besides they think newspapers are too expensive. I am sure you do not fit the type I mentioned. You are high in income and rather intellectual. You know newspaper editors are desperate to win you people back and they are working hard to make the newspaper's content and format more attractive to you.B: Oh, I don't think so. Maybe I can try some thing new and see if they are improving. But you know, only when I am not so busy and my TV doesn't work any more.A: seriously, you should restart reading. Just spend sometime on it and you will find actually you are not losing time by doing that, you are enriching your life in a wonderful way. That's why I love reading and I never get such a feeling in TV programs.What are non-readers, according to the first speaker?A.People seldom read newspapersB.People cannot read.C.People have eye problems.D.All the above4Typical non-readers are described as______as showed by early researches.A.low in educationB.low in incomeC.either very young or very oldD.all the above
我有更好的答案
请先输入下方的验证码查看最佳答案
图形验证:
验证码提交中……
享三项特权
享三项特权
享三项特权
选择支付方式:
支付宝付款
郑重提醒:支付后,系统自动为您完成注册
请使用微信扫码支付(元)
支付后,系统自动为您完成注册
遇到问题请联系在线客服QQ:
请您不要关闭此页面,支付完成后点击支付完成按钮
遇到问题请联系在线客服QQ:
恭喜您!升级VIP会员成功
常用邮箱:
用于找回密码
确认密码:—After I graduate, I'll try to get a job, you know, as
engineer. —You’re practical. I’m sure you can do a good job.A.aB.anC.theD.不填 - 跟谁学
跟谁学学生版:genshuixue_student精品好课等你领在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
跟谁学学生版:genshuixue_student精品好课等你领在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:—After I graduate, I'll try to get a job, you know, as
engineer. —You’re practical. I’m sure you can do a good job.A.aB.anC.theD.不填—After I graduate, I'll try to get a job, you know, as
engineer. —You’re practical. I’m sure you can do a good job.A.aB.anC.theD.不填科目:最佳答案B解析
知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心Only do the job and only in this way do the job well.A. can youB. can youC. you canD. you can 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
Only&______&do&the&job&and&only&in&this&way&_____&do&the&job&well.A. can youB. can youC. you canD. you can
B句意:你只能作这项工作,而且只有通过这种方式你才能把工作做好。Only引导的状语或状语从句位于句首时,主句需部分倒装。该句第二空就属于这一情况。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:英语教研室
  It's seven in the morning. Mr Li needn't go to work today. He knows English and is now looking through a list of TV programmes in today's newspaper. The list is as follows. Read it over and then do the exercises.
  TV programmes
  Friday, September 30
  Channel 2(频道2)
  9∶50 Olympic Games men's basketball final
  11∶40 Olympic Games track and field events
  19∶45 Olympic Games special
  20∶22 2002 National Day evening party
  20∶59 TV drama(戏剧): Juan and Her Braised Ship (1)
  22∶57 Olympic Games men's basketball final
  Channel 8
  9∶40 Daughter of the Sea
  14∶20 Olympic Games men's tennis single final
  15∶50 TV drama: Red Leaves Beyond the Mountain (3)
  16∶37 TV drama: The Tea House
  18∶00 Olympic Games women's table tennis double final
  CCTV English Service
  22∶10 News
  22∶30 Olympic Games Special
Invitation to a Farewell Party
  Friday, 22nd October
  Dear Michael and Lisa,
  You are invited to a farewell party for the“LIU FAMILY'S VISIT TO AUSTRALIA”.
  Departure(出发)date: 4th of November
  The best part of our big adventure to Australia will be when we come face to face with kangaroos and other Australian wildlife.
  Party given by: Mr and Mrs Liu, Liu Mei and Liu Tang
  Date: Saturday, 6 November, 2002
  Time: 7∶00 p. m. until 12∶30 a. m.
  Place: Beijing Hotel
  Reply by: Tuesday, 2 November
  Phone: 528--0903
  Food and drinks will be provided at the party.
  PS: This event is NOT to be missed!
  We hope to see you there.
(1) Mr Li wants to find out what day it is the day after National Day. Please help him find it out. It is ________.
A.FridayB.Monday
C.SaturdayD.Sunday
(2) Suppose Mr Li wants to watch TV in the morning and he doesn't feel much interested in sports or games. Which program would he like to choose?
A.CCTV English Service, News.
B.Channel 2,2002 National Day evening party.
C.Channel 8, film: Daughter of the Sea.
D.Channel 8, TV Drama: The Tea House.
(3) From the invitation we can tell ________.
A.Liu Mei and Liu Tang will attend the farewell party
B.only Mr and Mrs Liu will travel to Australia
C.the Liu family have been to Australia before
D.the Liu family will not return from Australia
(4) By what date is it necessary to reply to the invitation?
A.2 nd November.B.2 nd October.
C.22 nd October.D.4 th November.
题型:阅读理解
In 1989 an 8.2 earthquake almost flattened America, killing over 30,000 people in less than four minutes. In the middle of complete damage and disorder, a father rushed to the school where his son was supposed to be, &&36& &that the building was &&37 &.
After the unforeseeable shock, he &&38& &the promise he had made to his son: “No matter &&39& , I’ll always be there for you!” And tears began to &&40& &his eyes. As he looked at the pile of ruins , it looked hopeless, but he kept remembering his &&41 &to his son. He rushed there and started &&42& &through the ruins. As he was digging, other helpless parents arrived, &&43& : “It’s too late! They’re all dead!
& 44& , face the reality, there’s nothing you can do!” To each parent he responded with &&45& : “Are you going to help me now?” No one helped. And then he continued to dig for his son, stone by stone. Courageously he went on alone because he needed to know &&46& : “Is my boy &&47& &or is he dead?” He dug for 8 hours...12 hours...24 hours...36 hours...then, in &&48& hour, he pulled back a large stone and heard his son’s &&49& . He creamed his son’s name, “ARMAND!” He heard back, “Dad! It’s me, Dad! I told the other kids not to worry. I told them that if you were alive, you’d &&50& me and &&51& you saved me, they’d he saved. You promised, ‘No matter what happens, I’ll always be there for you!’ You did it, Dad!” “What’s going on in there?” the father asked. “There are 14 of us &&52& &&&53& &33, Dad. We’re scared, hungry, thirsty and thankful you’re here.& When the building collapsed, it made &&54& , and it saved us.” “Come, out, boy!” “No, Dad! Let the other kids out first, &&55& &I know you’ll get me! No matter what happens, I know you’ll always be there for me!”
A.only discovering&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&& B.only to discover&&&&&&
&&&&&& &&&& C.only realizing&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.only to realize A.as flat as a pancake&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&& B.as high as a mountain &&&&&& &&&& C.as strong as an ox&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&& D.as weak as a kitten A.memorized&&& B.forgot&&&&&& &&&&&&& C.kept&&&&& &&&&& D.remembered A.what&&& &&&&& B.what happen&& &&&&& C.which&&&&&& &&& D.who A.fill&&&& &&&&&& B.fill in&&&&&&&& &&&&& C.come &&&&& &&&&D.burst A.picture& &&&&& B.promise&&&&&& &&&&& C.present&&&& &&& D.encourage A.digging &&&&&& B.digging through&&&&&& C.digging out&&&&& D.digging into A.to say&& &&&&& B.said&&&&&&&&& &&&&& C.and saying& &&& D.saying A.Come out&&&&& B.Come again&&&&& &&& C.Come on&& &&& D.Come off A.one word&&&&& B.one sound &&&&&&& C.one row&&& &&& D.one line A.for himself&&& B.of himself&&&& &&&&& C.by himself& &&& D.to himself A.live&&&&&& &&&&&&& B.living&&&&&&& &&&&&& C.alive&&&& &&&&&& D.lively A.38&&&&& &&&&& B.the 38&&&&&& &&&&&&& C.38 th &&&&&&& D.the 38 th A.sound&& &&&&& B.voice&&&&&&&& &&&&& C.noise&&&& &&&&& D.tone A.will save&&&&&& B.would save&&&&&& &&& C.save&&&&& &&&&& D.would have saved A.when& &&&&&&& B.because&&&& &&&&&&& C.even if&&& &&&&& D.thought A.remained&&&&&& B.missing&&&&&& &&&&& C.left&&& &&&&&&& D.gone A.for&&&& &&&&&& B.behind&&&&&&& &&&&& C.out of&&&&&& &&& D.over A.a promise&&&&& B.space &&&&&&&&&&& C.room&&&&& &&& D.a triangle A.because &&&&&& B.though&&&&&&& &&&&& C.when& &&&&&&&& D.even though
来源:2013届湖北省武汉市武昌区高三上学期期末调研测试英语试卷(带解析)
It is "one of the few bright spots in the Chinese economy," says Zeng Ming. He is talking about e-commerce. Mr Zeng, the chief strategy officer for Alibaba, a giant Chinese Internet firm, predicts that digital transactions on his firm's platforms will top l trillion yuan ($159 billion) this year-more than Amazon's and eBay's combined. That is a bold claim, but consider what happened on Singles Sunday.Invented a few years ago by students and seized upon by digital marketers, this festival for lonely hearts falls annually on the& llth day of the llth month (since l is the loneliest number).It is like St Valentine's Day, only worse. Singletons shower each other with tender gifts: a storm of sweets.This November llth they spent a surprising 19 billion yuan on Alibaba's online platforms-a fourfold increase on a year ago, and more than double what Americans spent online last Cyber Monday (the Monday after Thanksgiving, when retailers urge Americans to shop online). About 100m purchases were logged, accounting for 80% of the packages shipped that day. Couriers(怏递员) were buried in parcels.So life is good for China's e-tailers, then? Not exactly. The number of digital marketers is increasing and online sales are booming. Consumers are enjoying lower prices, better service and more variety. The problem? The pressure on profits in Chinese e-commerce is worse than in America, reckons Elinor Leung of CLSA, a broker. "Almost no one makes money," she says. The fiercest battles are being fought between online retailers and their bricks-and-mortar(实体的) rivals.Dangdang, a firm. that resembles Amazon,.and 360buy, another online retailer, have cut prices fiercely. Tencent, a cash-rich online giant known for its instant-messaging software, is splashing out to win market share. 360buy has also just raised $400m from investors to do the same. But it is unclear how much longer such firms can burn through capital.【小题1】What's the best title of this passage?A.The Ambition of AlibabaB.Fierce Competition between RetailersC.A Newly Sprung Festival for the SinglesD.Chinese Booming and Developing E-commerce【小题2】According to Zeng Ming, this year Alibaba will&&&&&&&&.A.outweigh Amazon and eBay in worldwide influenceB.rank top among all the Internet firmsC.have more than 159 billion dollars' saleD.create another sales miracle just like the one on Singles Day【小题3】How many packages were shipped on November ll th from Alibaba's online platforms?A.About 80 million.B.About 100 million.C.About 125 million.D.About 180 million.【小题4】What's the author's attitude towards online retailers in China?A.Optimistic.B.Concerned.C.Sympathetic.D.Indifferent.
来源:学年福建省师大附中高二上学期期末考试英语试卷(带解析)
The royal family is a part of British history and cultural identity.
Up until the 17th century, people believed that the British king or queen had a “divine(天赐的)right” to rule. This was the idea that God chose the king or queen and that he or she was therefore above the law. However, this idea was challenged during the English Civil War, when King Charles the First was put in prison and then killed in 1649. So what role does the British royal family have today? The Queen is head of the UK and the Commonwealth. She has important formal duties that go with her different titles. As Head of State, for example, she represents the UK on visits abroad and invites other world leaders to visit the UK;as Head of the Armed Forces in name, only she can declare when the UK is at war or when a war is over. She has to sign many government and Commonwealth documents every day. Although the royal family does the work for the UK, there are British people called“anti-monarchists(反君主制者)”who do not believe there should be a royal family. One criticism(批评意见)is that the British people should not have to pay for the royal family with their taxes(税). Today, the royal family works hard to be relevant(相关的)in the modern world. The Queen still gives a speech to the nation on television at Christmas, but it gets less and less formal every year;now it is even available as a podcast(播客). In 2005, after graduating from university, Prince William spent time teaching English in Uruguay, the sort of work many ordinary young British people do in their gap years. 【小题1】What can be concluded from the first two paragraphs?A.The British king or queen is considered above the law. B.The English Revolution put an end to the British royal family in 1649. C.The British king or queen is no longer believed to rule by divine right. D.The royal family didn’t play an important role in Britain in the 17 th century.【小题2】Which of the following is among the formal duties of the Queen? A.Traveling around the UK. B.Declaring when the world is at war. C.Inviting other leaders to have dinner with her. D.Signing Commonwealth documents every day.【小题3】With the example of Prince William in the last paragraph, the author intends to show that&&&&&&&&&.A.Prince William is very popular in the UKB.the royal family is trying to connect better with ordinary peopleC.Prince William has made an effort to win young people’s admirationD.many young British people do voluntary work【小题4】It can be inferred from the passage that ___________. A.the royal family doesn’t have to pay taxesB.the British people are all in favor of the royal familyC.the British people can talk to the Queen through a podcast D.the royal family attacks republicans through media and press
来源:学年重庆市高三1月月考英语试卷(解析版)
Yousuf Karsh,the Canadian portrait artist who photographed many of the most influential figures of the 20th century,died in a Boston hospital on July l3 th,2002.He was 93.??? Working from a studio in Ottawa,Karsh produced famous portraits of such subjects as Winston Churchill,John F.Kennedy,Ernest Hemingway and Albert Einstein.Actually he has become almost as famous as his legendary subjects.In the latest edition of Who’s Who,which listed the most notable people of the last century,Karsh was the only Canadian of the 100 famous people listed——51 0f whom Karsh had photographed.??? As a master portraitist,often working in black and white.Karsh was famous for talking to his subjects as he was getting the shot’s composition just right,asking them questions and putting them at ease.In preparation,he read as much as he could about the sitters,but avoided having the idea beforehand of how he would photograph them.He sought, as he wrote in Karsh Portfolio in 1967,to capture the “essential element which has made them great,” explaining,“All I know is that within every mall a secret is hidden,and as a photographer, it is my task to reveal it if I can.”Karsh was born in America in 1908,and his uncle,George Nakash,brought him to John Garo,all outstanding photographer,to teach him in 1928.Four years later,Karsh set up his own studio in Ottawa.In December of 1941,his memorable portrait of Winston Churchill brought Karsh into international fame.Canada’s Prime Minister Mackenzie King arranged for him to photograph Churchill following Churchill’s speech in the House of Commons.Not told,Churchill lit up a cigar, “Why was I not told of this?’’ Karsh asked him to remove the cigar and,when he didn’t,stepped forward and gently removed it with the comment,“Forgive me,Sir.”Churchill glowered (怒目而视) as the shot was taken,then permitted Karsh to take still another,;jokingly commenting,“You can even make a roaring lion stand still to be photographed.” The Churchill portrait has since appeared in publications all over the world.??? Karsh traveled to London in 1943 with his portable studio —— an 8-by-10 view camera and many studio lamps to photograph such notables as George Bernard Shaw and the royal family.All these portraits fully illustrate Karsh’s ability.1.What did Karsh seek to do most in working?A.Capture the essence and greatness of the character.B.Present the true and vivid expression of the subject.C.Make the photograph more colorful and expressive.D.Reveal the idea he has got in preparing for the shot.2.The underlined word “sitters”in Para 3 probably means __________ .A.characters seated????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? B.subjects questionedC.models photographed????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? D.photographs taken3.The last three paragraphs are mainly developed by __________ .A.following time order????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? B.providing examplesC.making comparisons????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? D.giving causes and effects4.From the passage,we can learn that __________ .A.Churchill was asked to stand still when Karsh took a photograph of himB.Churchill’s portrait hanging in the House of Commons gave Karsh great fameC.Karsh was listed as one of the 100 notables by Who’s Who in the last centuryD.Karsh could skilfully adjust the subjects’ mood when photographing them 
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号}

我要回帖

更多关于 you do the job 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信