The lady offry the small piew...

The lady has devoted much of her time South China tigers. [ ] A.to protect B.to protecting C.protected D.protects 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
The lady has devoted much of her time ________ South China tigers.
A.to protect
B.to protecting
C.protected
D.protects
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:初中英语
题型:阅读理解
阅读短文,根据短文内容和所给出的首字母,在空白处填入适当的单词,将完整的单词写在短文后面的横线上。 When Mike was walking through the town, he noticed a stranger man. The stranger looked at him with a big frown(皱眉)and it made Mike very uncomfortable. Mike did nothing w_____71___ , but the man still frowned at him. He was so angry that he frowned at the man with his tongue(舌) out. And he found most of the people around looked unhappy and frowned. Mike wondered w____72____ so many people frowned at each other.A clever idea came into Mike’s head. He should s____73____ first. It seemed silly at first, but he want to h_____74___ a try. When a woman walked towards him, he smiled a___75___ her and the lady smiled at him, and most of the people smiled at him, too. Everybody seemed happy b______76_____ of the smile of the clever boy. Then Mike once again met the stranger and the man still looked at him w____77___ a frown. Mike had a good idea. He smiled a big smile w___78___ the man passed him. The man stopped, looking at Mike’s face and he started to smile. The two strangers laughed and they b_____79_____ felt happy. Just a smile lifts you up f____80____ a feeling of down. So when you see a man with a frown, put a smile on your face. And you’ll find that the world is a happy place.【小题1】_______&&&&&【小题2】_______&&【小题3】 _______&【小题4】 _______ 【小题5】________【小题6】_______&&&&【小题7】________&&【小题8】_______&【小题9】 ________ 【小题10】_________
阅读短文,根据短文内容及首字母提示,在空白处填入一个适当的单词。 Dear sir, Thirty years ago, I walked into your bakery and asked for some loaves(条,块) of bread to sell. At that time, I was 12 years old. A young lady (1) s____________ me that day. She gave me five loaves and wished me good (2) l____________. I took the loaves and went out to sell them. It (3) t____________ me all day, but I sold them all. At the (4) e____________ of the day, I had some money. I was the (5) h____________ boy in the world as I walked home that evening.
The next day, I went to a bicycle shop. I paid a deposit (定金) on a new bicycle. And then I started my next job (6) a____________ a newspaper delivery (递送) boy. Soon I (7) c____________ pay the rest of the money for the bicycle and the bike was mine. I was so proud of (8) m____________! Today I still work in the delivery business. I have a lot of trucks to send goods all over the country. I live in a beautiful house, but I don’t ride a bicycle these days. I drive a large and nice car. I don’t know (9) w____________ that young lady was. But (10) b____________ she gave me the start, I have become a successful man. I’d like to show my thanks to her. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Yours, &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Jenkins
One Saturday afternoon,Kate went to b__1__something for her sister and herself.As Kate Was coming out a s__2__,a young lady walked towards her.She said she was Miss Green—a good friend of Kate’s sister's,Kate b__3__her.Then she called a taxi to send Kate home.She t__4__the driver where he should go.Kate was s__5_ that it was not in the direction of her home. &&& “why” Kate asked.The lady smiled. &&& When they came to a q__6__road,a big rough man a__7__on the road.He stopped the taxi driver,knocked him down,tied him,and threw him out of the t__8__.At the same time,Miss Green took out a knife and P__9__ it at Kate。She asked Kate to keep s__10__.The man then s__11__the taxi. &&& “Oh,God!I'm being kidnapped(绑架)”Kate said to h__12__ &&& She tried to escape,but didn’t s__13__.Suddenly an i__14__came to her.She took out a lipstik(口红)from her pocket,wrote ‘SOS’ on the window.and covered the word with her b__15_. &&& A few minutes later,a police car P__16__and the policemen saw the sign.When the kid nappers saw the policemen,they stopped the taxi,jumped into the grass,and ran away. &&& The policemen then p__17__Kate up and sent her home.When her P__18__knew what had happened,they were greatly surprised But they were also h__19_because their daughter had finally come back s__20__.
根据所给的首字母填写单词 “Do you like my dress?” She asked a passing stranger. “My mommy made it just for me.” She said with tears in her eyes. “I think it is really pretty, but why are you (1) c______” With a quiver (颤抖) in her voice, the little girl answered, “After mommy made me the (2) d______, she had to go to the heaven (天堂).” Finally the woman realized what the child meant. She gently (3) h____ the child in her arms and together they cried for the mommy that was gone. Then suddenly the little boy stopped crying, stepped back from the woman and (4) b____ to sing. She sang so softly that it was almost a whisper. It was the sweetest sound the woman had ever heard, a most like the song of a very small bird. (5) A_____ the child stopped singing, she explained to the lady, “My mommy used to sing that song to me before she went away, and she made me promise to sing it whenever I started crying and (6) i____ would make me stop.” “See,” she said, “it did, and now my eyes are dry!” As the woman turned to go, the little girl grabbed her sleeve(袖子). “Madam, can you stay just a minute? I want to show you (7) s________.” “Of course,” she answered. (8) P______ to a spot on her dress, she said, “Right here is where my mommy kissed my dress and here,” pointing to another spot, “and here is another kiss, and here, and here.” Mommy said she put all those kisses on my dress so that I would have all kisses for everything that made me cry. Then the lady (9) r______ that she wasn’t just looking at a dress, no, she was looking at a mother…who knew she was going away and would not be there to kiss away the hurts that she knew her daughter would get. So she took all the love she had for her beautiful little girl and put them into this dress that her child now so proudly wore. She (10) n____ longer saw a little girl in a simple dress. She saw a child wrapped…in her mother’s love. 1.___________& 2.__________ 3.____________ 4.____________ 5._____________ 6.___________& 7.__________ 8.____________ 9.____________ 10._____________ &&&
阅读短文,根据短文内容及首字母提示,在空白处填入一个适当的单词。 “Do you like my dress?” She asked a passing stranger. “My mommy made it just for me.” She said with tears in her eyes. “I think it is really pretty, but why are you (71) c______” With a quiver (颤抖) in her voice, the little girl answered, “After mommy made me the (72) d______, she had to go to the heaven (天堂).” Finally the woman realized what the child meant. She gently (73) h____ the child in her arms and together they cried for the mommy that was gone. Then suddenly the little stopped crying, stepped back from the woman and (74) b____ to sing. She sang so softly that it was almost a whisper. It was the sweetest sound the woman had ever heard, a most like the song of a very small bird. (75) A_____ the child stopped singing, she explained to the lady, “My mommy used to sing that song to me before she went away, and she made me promise to sing it whenever I started crying and (76) i____ would make me stop.” “See,” she said, “it did, and now my eyes are dry!” As the woman turned to go, the little girl grabbed her sleeve(袖子). “Madam, can you stay just a minute? I want to show you (77) s________.” “Of course,” she answered. (78) P______ to a spot on her dress, she said, “Right here is where my mommy kissed my dress and here,” pointing to another spot, “and here is another kiss, and here, and here.” Mommy said she put all those kisses on my dress so that I would have all kisses for everything that made me cry. Then the lady (79) r______ that she wasn’t just looking at a dress, no, she was looking at a mother…who knew she was going away and would not be there to kiss away the hurts that she knew her daughter would get. So she took all the love she had for her beautiful little girl and put them into this dress that her child now so proudly wore. She (80) n____ longer saw a little girl in a simple dress. She saw a child wrapped…in her mother’s love.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!Today I found something from James that amazed and shocked me.._jameschau吧_百度贴吧
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&签到排名:今日本吧第个签到,本吧因你更精彩,明天继续来努力!
本吧签到人数:0可签7级以上的吧50个
本月漏签0次!成为超级会员,赠送8张补签卡连续签到:天&&累计签到:天超级会员单次开通12个月以上,赠送连续签到卡3张
关注:4贴子:
Today I found something from James that amazed and shocked me..
News&Feature:&The&Portrait&of&a&Lady
Almost&100&years&since&the&Movement&for&Women's&Suffrage&first&became&active&in&Britain,&James&Chau&talks&to&the&descendants&of&two&of&their&critics,&the&Lady&Stanley&of&Alderley&(right)&and&the&Countess&of&Morley.&
In&May&1889,&an&article&entitled&'A&Plea&Against&Female&Suffrage'&was&published&in&a&monthly&magazine,&The&Nineteenth&Century.&During&the&latter&years&of&Queen&Victoria's&reign,&a&large&number&of&intellectual&reviews&such&as&The&Cornhill&and&Macmillan's&were&established&for&the&growing&educated&classes,&although&many&of&these&publications&failed&to&outlive&the&Sovereign&herself.&The&Nineteenth&Century&was&unique&for&providing&a&platform&for&open&debate.&There&were&many&prestigious&contributors,&including&the&Liberal&Prime&Minister&William&Gladstone,&but&'A&Plea&Against&Female&Suffrage'&remains&one&of&the&earliest&examples&of&the&controversy&surrounding&the&political&vote&for&women.&The&five&page&article&fought&against&the&efforts&of&the&Suffrage&and&appealed&to&&the&common&sense&and&educated&thought&of&the&men&and&women&of&England&against&this&proposed&extension&.&
Some&of&the&most&powerful&and&influential&figures&of&the&Victorian&era&were&among&the&104&signatories&of&the&article.&They&included&Lady&Randolph&Churchill,&wife&of&the&Chancellor&and&mother&of&the&wartime&&Mrs&H.&H.&Asquith,&wife&of&the&future&Liberal&Prime&Minister&and&great-grandmother&of&the&actress&Helena&Bonham&C&and&Mrs&W.E.&Forster,&whose&husband's&Education&Act&of&1870&made&primary&schooling&compulsory&in&England.&Two&other&signatories&–&the&Dowager&Lady&Stanley&and&the&Countess&of&Morley&–&were&already&well&known&for&their&contribution&to&the&development&of&women's&education.&Their&descendants,&the&present&Lady&Stanley&and&Countess&of&Morley,&reflect&on&the&past&and&discuss&the&role&of&women.&
Lady&Stanley,&65,&is&a&farmer&based&in&Wales.&Having&been&raised&in&a&farming&family,&she&made&a&bold&move&when&she&left&school&at&18&to&study&at&the&Institute&of&Agriculture&in&Northampton.&&Girls&of&my&generation&were&expected&to&be&nurses,&secretaries,&or&something&like&that,&and&certainly&it&was&most&unusual&for&a&girl&to&study&agriculture&at&that&time.&&This&is&a&far&cry&from&the&article,&which&claimed&that&women's&work&should&always&be&&different&&and&effectively&inferior&to&men.&&I&suppose&a&woman's&duty&was&to&her&husband,&home&and&children,&but&the&advancement&in&technology&and&communications&has&allowed&them&to&be&as&effective&in&the&workplace&as&their&male&counterparts.&&
Her&ancestor,&Henrietta&Maria&Stanley,&was&a&leading&figure&in&Victorian&education.&As&the&wife&of&the&Chief&Whip&and&later&Paymaster&General&to&Palmerston's&Government,&she&used&her&influence&to&campaign&for&the&progression&of&women's&education&and&founded&both&the&Girls'&Public&Day&School&Trust&and&Girton&College,&Cambridge.&Her&public&support&of&an&article&that&questioned&women's&participation&in&society&could&be&perceived&as&ironic.&Lady&Stanley&sees&no&contradiction&and&argues&that&we&must&&look&at&the&historical&context&of&this&document.&Henrietta&Stanley&argued&that&it&would&be&better&for&them&to&advance&once&they&have&been&educated&properly.&It's&amazing&that&she&had&more&influence&than&her&cabinet&minister&husband!&
IKEA宜家家居-冬季大减价开始啦,快来添加购物车,抢购先人一步!
The&Countess&of&Morley&finds&the&article&more&difficult&to&interpret.&Although&she&is&not&surprised&that&her&ancestor&lent&her&support&as&&they&almost&certainly&reflected&her&husband's&views&,&she&confesses&that&the&article&is&&a&bit&of&a&puzzle&.&She&finds&the&content&idealistic,&as&it&promotes&women's&education&&with&a&strong&proviso&that&they&still&conform&to&an&accepted&form&of&lifestyle&.&Her&ancestor,&Margaret&Countess&of&Morley,&was&married&to&the&Lord-in-Waiting&to&Queen&Victoria&and,&as&such,&was&representative&of&the&signatories.&&Judging&by&what&I&can&glean&from&the&names,&these&women&appear&to&be&from&the&'upper&classes'&and&I&am&not&surprised&that&they&had&a&pretty&conservative&outlook&on&life&and&believed&in&the&'proper&place'&of&a&woman&.
Lady&Morley&suggests&that&the&Second&World&War,&not&the&Suffrage,&was&the&major&catalyst&for&women's&rights.&&In&the&War,&women&were&called&to&do&all&kinds&of&jobs.&They&were&in&the&munition&factories,&the&Armed&Services&and&driving&ambulances.&A&whole&new&world&had&opened&up&and&their&lives&would&never&be&the&same&again.&&The&post-war&generation&gained&greater&access&to&universities,&which&permitted&a&choice&over&their&vocation.&&Suddenly,&the&prospect&of&working&24&hours&a&day,&52&weeks&a&year,&in&the&company&of&small&children&and&doing&household&chores,&didn't&seem&like&such&a&good&bargain&as&before.&Marriage&was&no&longer&the&be&all&and&end&all.&
The&article&was&written&in&the&midst&of&the&political&struggle&for&female&suffrage,&20&years&after&property&owning&women&–&a&predictably&small&minority&–&were&awarded&the&vote.&The&article&blamed&the&growing&influence&of&the&Suffrage&on&&a&few&women&possessing&property...who&felt&themselves&aggrieved&of&the&parliamentary&vote&.&However,&their&greatest&fears&were&realised&when&all&women&over&the&age&of&30&were&first&given&the&vote&in&1918.&In&that&same&year,&Constance&Markievicz&became&the&first&woman&to&win&a&seat&in&the&House&of&Commons,&although&her&membership&of&Sinn&Fein&prevented&her&entering&Parliament.&Ironically,&in&1919,&it&was&a&member&of&the&aristocracy,&the&American-born&Viscountess&Astor,&who&was&the&first&woman&to&be&elected&as&a&Member&of&Parliament&for&Plymouth&Sutton.&
&The&influence&of&women&in&politics&would&tell&upon&the&side&of&morality&,&the&article&sinisterly&predicted,&claiming&that&&to&men&belongs&the&struggle&of&debate&and&legislation&of&Parliament&.&This&portent&of&doom&seems&to&have&lost&its&political&weight&since&the&number&of&women&in&the&House&of&Commons&has&recently&reached&a&peak&of&122&across&the&four&major&political&parties.&In&1998,&Baroness&Scotland&was&the&first&black&woman&to&be&appointed&as&a&minister&of&state&for&the&Foreign&and&Commonwealth&Office.&&Perhaps&in&1889,&women&were&not&so&well&educated&,&Lady&Stanley&says,&&but&now,&women&have&an&incredibly&important&role&to&play.&We&have&as&much&knowledge&and&skill&as&men&-&perhaps&even&more!&&Although&she&does&not&agree&with&their&opinions,&Lady&Stanley&is&surprised&by&the&existence&of&a&Minister&for&Women,&&yet&there&is&no&Minister&for&Men&.
She&admits&to&being&&a&bit&old-fashioned&&by&insisting&that&a&woman's&duty&is&her&home&and&children,&but&Lady&Stanley&quickly&adds:&&Equally,&a&woman&should&also&be&completely&free&to&pursue&her&own&independent&career&and&life.&She&doesn't&have&to&get&married&or&have&children&and&so&can&creatively&seek&out&all&her&ambitions,&just&as&a&man&does&.&Lady&Morley&agrees:&&These&days,&a&woman&can&marry&and&have&a&career.&I&see&many&women&trying&to&juggle&raising&a&family&whilst&holding&down&a&job&and&it&is&incredible&how&successful&many&of&them&are.&But&I&don't&think&that&this&is&an&ideal&way&for&small&children&to&grow&up&,&she&added.&
The&article&raised&concerns&that&the&Suffrage&would&exercise&a&negative&influence&on&family&life.&Lady&Morley&has&firm&views&on&parenting&and&emphasises&the&duty&of&parents.&&Children&really&need&parents&who&will&play&with&them&and,&more&importantly,&communicate&with&them.&There&must&be&a&greater&emphasis&on&'parenting'&and,&quite&frankly,&I&see&no&logical&reason&why&this&should&remain&an&entirely&female&role.&&Having&brought&up&her&own&children,&Lady&Stanley&agrees&that&the&&outdated&concept&of&'abandoning'&your&baby&with&a&nanny&is&not&a&good&thing&at&all.&&Due&to&financial&constraints,&many&women&have&no&choice&in&employing&day&care&for&their&children.&Lady&Morley&believes&that&the&Government&should&assume&responsibility&by&providing&more&financial&assistance.&
She&also&cautiously&predicts&that,&in&the&future,&the&pendulum&will&swing&back&in&favour&of&a&traditional&family&structure.&&With&the&continuing&advance&of&technology&and&the&advent&of&the&Internet,&I&think&more&and&more&people&will&work&from&home.&&Having&grown&up&with&&pre-war&ideas&,&Lady&Morley&says&that&she&was&always&&more&than&happy&to&stay&at&home&and&let&my&husband&be&the&breadwinner.&But,&over&the&years,&the&greatest&change&has&been&the&way&in&which&women&perceive&themselves.&Women&are&no&longer&inferior,&although&I&still&question&whether&men&have&yet&accepted&this&yet...&&
James&Chau&
Hi,,u r such a lucky girl,I knew u went to see him last year,is it amazing?^-^
oh,can u do me a favor?Do u think which name is better,Tylinn or Vita?
I'm waiting for ur answer..maybe u can send the answer to my blog,do u know it?I just left my blog address on his blog..thank u la~
Thank you~
On choosing a name,you can select one that sounds like your Chinese name or just choose one you like and one convenient for others to pronounce!
It's up to you.
It's your name,girl!
Sorry for the delay,as I don't visit here very often.
Mostly,we go to
Thanks for visiting though!
贴吧热议榜
使用签名档&&
保存至快速回贴}

我要回帖

更多关于 fry the small pie 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信