is the girl susanis lying o...

A four-year-old girl is lying in the arms of a doctor. She has just become motherless. The bombing(爆炸) destroyed her home and killed her mother.Every day we see pictures like this on TVs or in newspapers. We see young Iraqi children asking for food and water from American and soldiers as they move through towns and cities towards the capital, Baghdad(巴格达). We see these children following grown-ups, carrying bags of things almost at the same size as their small bodies as they leave their homes in Baghdad.“Dad, why are the Americans fighting us? Are we going to be killed?” asks the son of Abu Sinar, an Iraqi engineer. Abu finds it hard to explain this war to his eight-year-old son.He tries to comfort him by saying ,“The bombs(炸弹) are far away from us. The Americans are fighting the soldiers. We are going to be all right.” Even though Abu knows this isn’t always the truth, what else can he do? In Baghdad, parents give their children sleeping pills to make them sleep so that they won’t hear the sound of bombing. And all the schools are closed.“All we do is to listen to and hear the war,” said Abu, “We, all the people and the children, have to live in fear(恐惧). We feel hopeless and helpless. We don’t know where the next bombs are going. We can do nothing but wait to be killed.”小题1:During the war, children are ______________.
A.studying at school
B.safer than their parents
C.in great danger小题2:The children have to flee(逃离) their homes because_________.A.it’s dangerous to stay at home because of the bombing.B.their parents are not at homeC.they want to get food and water.小题3:Abu finds it hard to explain this war to his son, because___________.A.he doesn’t want to tell him the real reasonB.he doesn’t want to tell a lie.C.he doesn’t know how to explain it clearly.小题4:“sleeping pills” are __________.A. a kind of thing to help them to be away from the war.B.a kind of medicine to help them to fall asleepC.a kind of food to make them strong小题5:According to the passage we know that__________. A. all the children in Iraqi are looking for something to eat.B. all the children in Iraqi are thinking about something to solve the war problem C. the children in Iraqi are feeling fearful, helpless and hopeless during the war.
小题1:C小题2:A小题3:A小题4:B小题5:C
小题1:细节理解题,根据文中语句“A four-year-old girl is lying in the arms of a doctor. She has just become motherless. The bombing(爆炸) destroyed her home and killed her mother.”理解可知。战争期间,儿童处在极大的危险之中。小题2:细节理解题,根据文中语句“The bombing(爆炸) destroyed her home and killed her mother.”理解可知。炸弹会随时让他们失去家园和亲人。小题3:细节理解题,根据文中语句“He tries to comfort him by saying ,“The bombs(炸弹) are far away from us. The Americans are fighting the soldiers. We are going to be all right.” Even though Abu knows this isn’t always the truth, what else can he do?”理解可知。他不想告诉他儿子事情的真相。小题4:词义理解题,根据文中语句“to make them sleep so that they won’t hear the sound of bombing.”理解可知。“sleeping pills”是安眠药的意思。小题5:细节理解题,根据文中语句““All we do is to listen to and hear the war,” said Abu, “We, all the people and the children, have to live in fear(恐惧). We feel hopeless and helpless. We don’t know where the next bombs are going. We can do nothing but wait to be killed.””理解可知。伊拉克人生活在恐惧中。
试题“A four-year-old girl is l...”;主要考察你对
等知识点的理解。
—Why is _____ easy for such a young girl to learn three foreign languages so well?
—Because Britain, Germany and France are all very near _____ country.
A. his B. his C. her D. her
句型转换。
1. It"s time for Helen"s English lesson. (同义句转换)
It"s time ______ Helen ______ have English lesson. 2. He wants to have a cup of tea. (同义句转换)
He _____ ______ to have a cup of tea. (同义句转换)3. He is a very good basketball player. (同义句转换)
He does well ______ ______ basketball. 4. He walks to school every day. (对画线部分提问)
_______ does he ______ to school every day? 5. The girl in red is my sister. (对画线部分提问)
______ girl is ______ sister?
根据句子和中文提示填入适当的单词或词组。
Most of us have probably ______ (
听说过) the Disneyland.2.
What I want to do is to travel to______
( 说英语的国家).3.
You can go to Singapore . ______
( 任何你喜欢的时候).4.
The underground is ______ (
很少晚点).5. The young man is helping that old lady ______ ( 穿过) a busy street.6. I don"t think a cat is a good pet for a 5-year-old child, because cats are too difficult to______ (
Hainan Island is seldom snowy, ______
( 是吗) ?8.
I have been looking forward to ______ (
Beijing Happy Valley for years.9. The old man should not be______ ( 说) like that.10.
The more carefully you drive during the rush hour, ______ ( 越安全)
高考全年学习规划
该知识易错题
该知识点相似题
高考英语全年学习规划讲师:李辉
更多高考学习规划:
客服电话:400-676-2300
京ICP证050421号&京ICP备号 &京公安备110-1081940& 网络视听许可证0110531号
旗下成员公司新世纪英语专业本科听力教程第三册听力原文和答案
听力教程 1
? UNIT 1Section One
Houses in the Future
? Well, I think houses in the future will probably be (1) quite small but I should think they'll be (2) well-insulated so that you don't
need so much (3) heating and (4) cooling as you do now, so perhaps very economical (5) to run. Perhaps they will use (6) solar heating, although I don't know, in this country, perhaps we (7) won't be able to do that so much. Yes, I think they'll be full of (8) electronic gadgets: things like very advanced televisions, videos, perhaps videos which take up ... the screen (9) takes up the whole wall. I should think. Yes, you'll have things like (10) garage doors which open automatically when you (11) drive up, perhaps electronic (12) sensors which will (13) recognize you when you, when you come to the front door even. Perhaps (14) architects and designers will be a bit more (15) imaginative about how houses are designed and perhaps with the (16) shortage of space people will think of putting gardens (17) on the roof and, and maybe rooms can be (18) expanded and, and (19) contracted* depending on what you use them for, so perhaps there'll be a bit more (20) flexibility about that.
? A: Tuesday two fifteen. Let me look in my diary. B: No, Thursday.
? A: Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you said Tuesday.
? B: Thursday two fifteen. No, I'm sorry. I've got an appointment until three. Could we make it later?
? Say three fifteen?
? A: Well, there's a lot to talk about. It'll take a couple of hours, at least. B: Shall we say Monday morning, then?
? A: Monday morning. All right. Nine o'clock?
? B: Nine. I think that will be all right. I'll ring you back and confirm. A: All right. But ring before five, could you?
? B: All right.
? A: Right you are. Bye. B: Bye.
? Exercise. Directions:Listen to the dialogue and write down the gist and the key words that help you decide.
? 1. This dialogue is about making an appointment
? Woman: Listen! I'm terribly sorry I'm late. Man:
Oh, that's all right. It doesn't really matter, does it? I haven't got anything better to do, have I?
? Woman: Just let me explain, will you?
I've only been waiting for over an hour. That's all.
? Woman: Yes. I know, and I would have ...
After all, my time isn't really that important, is it?
? Woman: Please don't be like that. Just let me explain. (Silence. Man says nothing.)
? Woman: I ... I tried to get here in time but just after I left home, the car broke down.
The car broke down?
? Woman: Yes, and ... well ... luckily ... there was a garage near me. And ... and it took them a while
? to repair it.
Why didn't you at least phone?
? Woman: I would have! But I didn't know the number of the restaurant.
You could have looked it up in the telephone book!
? Woman: Yes, but ... you'll never believe this ... I couldn't remember the name of the restaurant. I knew where it was, but forgot the
I see. Well, at least it was lucky you found a garage to repair your car.
? Woman: Yes. It was something I couldn't do myself. It didn't take too long, but that's why I'm late,
? you see.
Uh-huh. Which garage, by the way?
? Woman: Pardon?
Which garage did you take it to?
? Woman: Uh ... the one near my flat. You know. Lewis Brothers.
Yes, I know that garage. It's the only one near your flat.
2 Woman: Hmm, well now, let's have something to eat. Uh, what about some ...
I know the garage very well!
Woman: Yes. Let's see now. Yes, I think I'll have some ...
A pity it's Sunday. 2. The key words are Tuesday. Thursday. two fifteen. three fifteen. Monday morning. nine o'clock.
Part 1 Dialogue
I'm terribly sorry I'm late. Woman: Listen! I'm terribly sorry I'm late. Man:
Oh, that's all right. It doesn't really matter, does it? I haven't got anything better to do, have I?
Woman: Just let me explain, will you?
I've only been waiting for over an hour. That's all.
Woman: Yes. I know, and I would have ...
After all, my time isn't really that important, is it?
Woman: Please don't be like that. Just let me explain. (Silence. Man says nothing.)
Woman: I ... I tried to get here in time but just after I left home, the car broke down.
The car broke down?
Woman: Yes, and ... well ... luckily ... there was a garage near me. And ... and it took them a while
to repair it.
Why didn't you at least phone?
Woman: I would have! But I didn't know the number of the restaurant.
You could have looked it up in the telephone book!
Woman: Yes, but ... you'll never believe this ... I couldn't remember the name of the restaurant. I knew where it was, but forgot the name.
I see. Well, at least it was lucky you found a garage to repair your car.
Woman: Yes. It was something I couldn't do myself. It didn't take too long, but that's why I'm late,
Uh-huh. Which garage, by the way?
Woman: Pardon?
Which garage did you take it to?
Woman: Uh ... the one near my flat. You know. Lewis Brothers.
Yes, I know that garage. It's the only one near your flat.
Woman: Hmm, well now, let's have something to eat. Uh, what about some ...
I know the garage very well!
Woman: Yes. Let's see now. Yes, I think I'll have some ...
A pity it's Sunday.
Woman: Pardon?
A pity it's Sunday. That garage is closed on Sunday!
1. They are possibly boyfriend and girlfriend.
2. In a restaurant.
3. &It doesn't really matter, does it? I haven't got anything better to do, have I?&
&I've only been waiting for over an hour. That's all& &After all, my time isn't really that important, is it?& well, at least It was lucky you found a barrage to repair your car Exercise Directions: Listen to the dialogue and answer the following questions. &Well, at least it was lucky you found a garage to repair your car.&
4. Because she wants to stop the conversation like this.
Because he knows the girl is lying.
听力教程 3
? Part 2 Passage
The Oscar Statuette
? 1 Industry insiders and members of the press called the award &the Academy statuette&, &the golden trophy& or &the statue of merit&,
but the term never stuck.
? 2. No hard evidence exists to support that tale, but in any case, by the sixth Awards Presentation in 1934, a Hollywood columnist
used the name in his column.
? 3. Walt Disney was honored with one full-size and seven miniature statuettes on behalf of his animated feature Snow White and the
Seven Dwarfs.
? 4. If the statuettes don't meet strict quality control standards, they are immediately cut in half and melted down.
? 5.The large boxes are shipped to the Academy offices via air express, with no identifiable markings.
? The Oscar statuette, designed by MGM's* chief art director Cedric Gibbons, depicts* a knight holding a crusader's* sword, standing
on a reel of film with five spokes, signifying the original branches of the Academy: Actors, Writers, Directors, Producers, and Technicians.
? Born in 1928, years would pass before the Academy Award of Merit was officially named &Oscar&. Industry insiders and members
of the press called the award &the Academy statuette&, &the golden trophy& or &the statue of merit&. The entertainment trade paper, Weekly Variety, even attempted to popularize &the iron man&. The term never stuck.
? A popular story has been that an Academy librarian and eventual executive director, Margaret Herrick, thought the statuette
resembled her uncle Oscar and said so, and that as a result the Academy staff began referring to it as Oscar.
? No hard evidence exists to support that tale, but in any case, by the sixth Awards Presentation in 1934, Hollywood columnist Sidney
Skolsky used the name in his column in reference to Katharine Hepburn's first Best Actress win. The Academy itself didn't use the nickname officially until 1939.
? Since its conception, the Oscar statuette has met exacting uniform standards - with a few notable exceptions. In the 1930s, juvenile
players received miniature replicas* a ventriloquist* Edgar Bergen was presented with a wooden statuette w and Walt Disney was honored with one full-size and seven miniature statuettes on behalf of his animated feature Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Between 1942 and 1944, in support of the war effort, Oscars were made of plaster. After the War, winners turned in the temporary awards for golden Oscar statuettes.
? The traditional Oscar statuette, however, hasn't changed since the 1940s, when the base was made higher. In 1945, the base was
changed from marble to metal and in 1949, Academy Award statuettes began to be numbered, starting with No. 501.
? Approximately 50 Oscars are made each year in Chicago by the manufacturer, R. S. Owens. If they don't meet strict quality control
standards, the statuettes are immediately cut in half and melted down.
? Each award is individually packed into a Styrofoam* container slightly larger than a shoebox.
? Eight of these are then packed into a larger cardboard box, and the large boxes are shipped to the Academy offices in Beverly Hills
via air express, with no identifiable markings.
? On March 10, 2000, 55 Academy Awards mysteriously vanished en route from the Windy City* to the City of Angels. Nine days
later, 52 of stolen statuettes were discovered next to a Dumpster* in the Koreatown section of Los Angeles by Willie Fulgear, who was later invited by the Academy to attend the Oscar 2000 ceremonies as a special guest.
? For eight decades, the Oscars have survived war, weathered earthquakes, and even managed to escape unscathed* from common
thieves. Since 1995, however, R. S. Owens has repaired more than 160 statuettes. &Maybe somebody used chemicals on them to polish them and the chemicals rubbed right through the lacquer* and into the gold,& explains the company president. &Or maybe people stored them someplace where they corroded.& Although he stresses that the statuette is made to endure, Siegel offers this sage advice to all Oscar winners: &If it gets dusty, simply wipe it with a soft dry cloth.&
Pre-listening Question
? Every January, the attention of the entertainment community and of film fans around the world turns to the upcoming Academy
Awards, the highest honor in filmmaking. The annual presentation of the Oscars has become the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' most famous activity. The Oscar Statuette is a knight holding a crusader's sword, standing on a reel of film with five spokes.
? B.. Sentence Dictation
? 4 Directions: Listening to some sentences and write them down. You will hear each sentence three times. Exercise C Detailed Listening
Directions: Listen to the passage and decide whether the following statements are true (T) or false (F). Discuss with your classmates why you think the statement is true or false.
----I...- 1. There were five original branches of the Academy.
(Because the five spokes on the reel of film signify the original branches of the Academy:
Actors, Writers, Directors, Producers, and Technicians.)
~ 2. The Academy Award of Merit was officially named &Oscar& in 1928.
(Born in 1928, years would pass before the Academy Award of Merit was officially named &Oscar.&)
----I...- 3. The Academy staff began referring to the Academy statuette as Oscar because Margaret Herrick said the statuette was like her uncle Oscar.
(An Academy librarian and eventual executive director, Margaret Herrick, thought the statuette resembled her uncle Oscar and said so, and as a result the Academy staff began referring to it as Oscar.)
4. Since its conception, the Oscar statuette has met exacting uniform standards.
(There were a few notable exceptions. In 1930s, juvenile players received miniature replicas of the statuette and a ventriloquist Edgar Bergen gained a wooden statuette with a moveable mouth. Walt Disney was honored with one full-size and seven miniature statuettes. )
----I...- 5. Oscars were made of plaster in the 1940s because of the War.
(Between 1942 and 1944, in support of the war effort, Oscars were made of plaster.) ----I...- 6. The manufacturer, R. S. Owens makes about 50 Oscars each year in Chicago. (Approximately 50 Oscars are made each year in Chicago by the manufacturer, R. S. Owens.)
~ 7. 55 Academy Awards were stolen by a mysterious person en route from the Windy City to the City of Angels on March 10, 2000.
(On March 10,2000,55 Academy Awards just mysteriously vanished en route from the Windy City to the City of Angels, but how and by whom was unknown.)
~ 8. For eighty years, the Oscars have survived war, weathered earthquakes, managed to escape unscathed from common thieves and even chemical corrosion.
(Since 1995, however, R. S. Owens has repaired more than 160 statuettes. &Maybe somebody used chemicals on them to polish them and the chemicals rubbed right through the lacquer and into the gold.&
Exercise D After-listening Discussion
Directions: Listen to the passage again and discuss the following questions.
1. The traditional Oscar statuette hasn't changed since the 1940s, when the base was made higher.
In 1945, the base was changed from marble to metal and in 1949, Academy Award statuettes began to be numbered, starting with No.501.
News Item1
Bush-NATO-Iraq
Mr. Bush says he hopes America's NATO allies will stand with the United States if he decides to take military action against Iraq.
All the same, the president says no action is likely in the near future. He says for now the focus is on implementing the new UN
resolution that calls for a tough weapons inspection regime* and warns of consequences if Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein fails to comply*.
Administration official say they expect the NATO summit to release a political statement backing the UN resolution. They say President Bush will bring up Iraq in his bilateral meetings in Prague*, but they also say they do not believe the Iraqi threat will be the focus of the summit.
In Prague, the alliance plans to take steps toward the creation of a rapid deployment force that can playa role in combating terrorism. The president said even the smallest NATO member nations can contribute something to the cause
Directions: Listen to the news item and complete the summary.
B.. Directions: Listen to the news again and answer the following questions ? ? ? ?
联系客服:cand57</阅读理解。A four-year-old girl is lying in the arm of a doctor. She has just become motherless. A few minutes ago,a big bombing(轰炸) happened near her home in the south of Iraq.
Every day we see pictures like this on our televisions. We see young Iraqi children asking for food and
water from American and British soldiers as they move through towns and cities towards the capital, Baghdad. We see these children following grown-ups, carrying bags of things almost the same size as their small bodies as they quickly left their home in Baghdad.
All this shows that some of the young lives have been turned upside down by the war. And they show the terrible price being paid by Iraqi children.
In southern parts of the country,like the second largest city,Basra,the UN is working to repair the damage(毁坏) caused by the war. "We are working to provide clean water and get the electrical power to work again , "said Geoffrey Keele , a UN spokesman.
But little else can be done. In Baghdad, parents give their children sleeping pills to try and let them escape the sound of bombing.And all the schools are closed. Some diseases break out among the children, sometimes leading to death.Nearly 50 % of the Iraqi population, which is over 20 million, is under 15 years old. And 30% of them are suffering(遭受) from malnutrition(营养不良).1.From the first paragraph , we know that __________.A. the girl in the doctor's arm is deadB. the girl's mother is looking for herC.the girl's mother was killed during the bombingD. the text tells us nothing about her mother2.Which of the following is NOT mentioned in Paragraph 2?_________.A. There are bombings every day in Iraq.B. Children ask for water and food from the American and British soldiers.C. Children with big bags are leaving their homes for Baghdad.D. Baghdad is the capital of Iraq.3.The second sentence in Paragraph 3 means __________.A. the Iraqi children pay much money for what they needB. the Iraqi children are suffering a lot in the warC.some people sell children at a terrible priceD. the young lives have been turned upside down4.How much help is the UN giving to the Iraqi children?__________.A. They are helping them return to school.B. They are giving them enough food and drinks.C. They can do only a little.D. They can do nothing. 5.The number of Iraqi children in malnutrition is about _________.A. 20 million
B. 10 million
C. 6 million
D. 3 million
跟谁学学生版:genshuixue_student精品好课等你领在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
跟谁学学生版:genshuixue_student精品好课等你领在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:
阅读理解。A four-year-old girl is lying in the arm of a doctor. She has just become motherless. A few minutes ago,a big bombing(轰炸) happened near her home in the south of Iraq.
Every day we see pictures like this on our televisions. We see young Iraqi children asking for food and
water from American and British soldiers as they move through towns and cities towards the capital, Baghdad. We see these children following grown-ups, carrying bags of things almost the same size as their small bodies as they quickly left their home in Baghdad.
All this shows that some of the young lives have been turned upside down by the war. And they show the terrible price being paid by Iraqi children.
In southern parts of the country,like the second largest city,Basra,the UN is working to repair the damage(毁坏) caused by the war. "We are working to provide clean water and get the electrical power to work again , "said Geoffrey Keele , a UN spokesman.
But little else can be done. In Baghdad, parents give their children sleeping pills to try and let them escape the sound of bombing.And all the schools are closed. Some diseases break out among the children, sometimes leading to death.Nearly 50 % of the Iraqi population, which is over 20 million, is under 15 years old. And 30% of them are suffering(遭受) from malnutrition(营养不良).1.From the first paragraph , we know that __________.A. the girl in the doctor's arm is deadB. the girl's mother is looking for herC.the girl's mother was killed during the bombingD. the text tells us nothing about her mother2.Which of the following is NOT mentioned in Paragraph 2?_________.A. There are bombings every day in Iraq.B. Children ask for water and food from the American and British soldiers.C. Children with big bags are leaving their homes for Baghdad.D. Baghdad is the capital of Iraq.3.The second sentence in Paragraph 3 means __________.A. the Iraqi children pay much money for what they needB. the Iraqi children are suffering a lot in the warC.some people sell children at a terrible priceD. the young lives have been turned upside down4.How much help is the UN giving to the Iraqi children?__________.A. They are helping them return to school.B. They are giving them enough food and drinks.C. They can do only a little.D. They can do nothing. 5.The number of Iraqi children in malnutrition is about _________.A. 20 million
B. 10 million
C. 6 million
D. 3 million
阅读理解。A four-year-old girl is lying in the arm of a doctor. She has just become motherless. A few minutes ago,a big bombing(轰炸) happened near her home in the south of Iraq.
B. 10 million
C. 6 million
D. 3 million
科目:最佳答案见解析解析1-5CCBCD知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心}

我要回帖

更多关于 is the girl susan 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信