I was wrapped plsqlhappi...

w_第169页_有道词典
& 2011 网易公司 京ICP证080268号///Theotis Beasley
You can’t help but always smile and laugh when you’re around Theotis Beasley, whose positive attitude is infectious. In fact, he’s hailed as the happiest dude on a skateboard and is always sporting a smile. His good vibes and happy-go-lucky attitude has helped him become a star in the sport, coupled with is natural abilities on a skateboard. His sponsor list alone is what up-and-coming skaters dream of, reppin’ for Nike’s skate team, while being able to hang with the likes of P-Rod. Life is good for the skater who only turned pro a few years back and it shows in the Bentley he’s pushing these days. Read on to learn more about skate culture’s happiest skater!
What was your first ride when the checks started rolling in?
I’m 24 and barely got my license last year. I went years without driving, so I’m still pretty new to the streets. My homeboy, who skates with me, would drive me everywhere, so I didn’t think I needed a car. But when I started to go to more and more meetings, I felt I needed to get my own ride finally since I always had to make them around my boy’s schedule. I got tired of looking around for someone to take me.
But my first car was a Porsche Cayenne that my sister told me to get. I didn’t really want it at first, but when I saw it up close, I was like, “Damn, this is hot!” I actually had the Porsche before I had my license. It would just sit out back and I’d always look at it wishing I could drive it. Then I got my license and have been coasting ever since then!
The Porsche is a nice ride, but tell us about your Bentley.
There was this car lot - European Auto House - that I’d always pass by and then one day I actually stopped to check out their new rides. At first a BMW caught my eye and then I saw the Bentley and fell in love with it and decided to trade in the Porsche for it. Right now I only have the Bentley.
What mods have you done to it so far?
I just added a set of Savini Wheels to it. I had been a fan of theirs on social media and hit them up one day about getting some wheels, and they got back to me and it’s been a cool deal. I was down for whatever style and didn’t have anything in mind, so they helped guide me on what would look best. I also got it wrapped by RDB LA. When I first got it, the paint job was off and everyone kept telling me I had a dope ride but the paint job was sh*ty ’cause it started to peel off in certain areas. But RDB LA hooked it up with a glass and matte black paint job, so now it’s two-tone and looks dope. I also have speakers that Alpine sent over and want to put those in soon.
Do you plan on growing your garage?
I’m just happy with the Bentley, and I don’t really I still have friends drive me [haha]. I mainly use it to drive to events, meetings and other big things in the area. I’m from Inglewood, so driving around in such a nice car has people thinking you do other things. But I’m looking to get a Honda Civic or Accord for everyday use to hit up skate spots and stuff. All I I don’t need anything crazy.
Do you have a dream ride, though?
To be honest, hopefully I can get a Rolls-Royce one day – that would be tight. I think a Ferrari or Lambo would be too much for me.
So how’s the pro skateboarder life treating you so far?
I’ve been pro for about four years now and it’s been great. But I’ve been skating since I was 13. I have great sponsors like Nike and have been traveling the world and working on videos and stuff. I’m always skateboarding. I don’t really do a lot of skate contests since I’m not that competitive, but I’ve done a couple like the Dew Tour. I’ll be doing some stuff for Lil Wayne and his Young Money team soon, so that should be cool.
How did you get started in skateboarding?
I came from a bad area in Inglewood and my cousin who lived in the suburbs got me into it. He showed me a skateboard for the first time and a couple of tricks, and I was fascinated with what he could do, especially how he was able to keep the board under him while getting air. He had an extra one and gave it to me and I’d just go outside and practice every day.
Through the years, whenever I was bored, I’d get up on my board and try to think of tricks I didn’t know and then continue practicing them until I’ve perfected them. Then I practice the moves at a real skatepark and have someone film it. I’m always putting up videos on IG for my fans. Fans want to see you skate more than pictures of you going out and partying or hanging out. Nike was like, ‘Less of those types of posts and more skate ones” since that’s what people know me for, and I totally agree. I like to put up more skate stuff than lifestyle things.
How did you get started in skateboarding?
I came from a bad area in Inglewood and my cousin who lived in the suburbs got me into it. He showed me a skateboard for the first time and a couple of tricks, and I was fascinated with what he could do, especially how he was able to keep the board under him while getting air. He had an extra one and gave it to me and I’d just go outside and practice every day.
Through the years, whenever I was bored, I’d get up on my board and try to think of tricks I didn’t know and then continue practicing them until I’ve perfected them. Then I practice the moves at a real skatepark and have someone film it. I’m always putting up videos on IG for my fans. Fans want to see you skate more than pictures of you going out and partying or hanging out. Nike was like, ‘Less of those types of posts and more skate ones” since that’s what people know me for, and I totally agree. I like to put up more skate stuff than lifestyle things.
Did you ever think that you’d go this far with skateboarding?
Na, I never saw this happening. When you’re a kid, you see all these skateboarders getting sponsored and you want it, too, but you never really know that it’ll happen for you. I just stuck with it and never thought about getting sponsors that much and just kept practicing and grinding. I think that’s when sponsors come to you and it’s the best way to try and make it your career. Just skate for yourself and for fun and don’t worry about getting sponsors. When you think about sponsors all the time, you stop having fun on your board. My advice to kids these days is just let it come naturally.
How did you get your reputation as the happiest skateboarder out there?
As a kid, I was always like this. I was always up for anything and just happy all the time. I was blessed to grow up in a good family. My mom wouldn’t let me go out until my homework was done and that kept me on track and out of trouble. I’m just blessed and happy to be here, man.
Will you be doing more contests this year?
Yeah, I’m preparing for the Dew Tour this summer and then will start Street League next year even though I keep saying that. Like I said, I’m not a competitive person, but I’m getting into them more and more. I’m at the skatepark for a couple of days straight before a competition just doing the same trick over and over again so that I get the consistency down. I also work on my basics and make sure those moves are perfect. Then I try something new because like in any sport, you have to keep it fresh if you want to get better and advance your career.
What’s it like to be on Nike’s skate team?
Words can’t explain what it’s like to work with one of the biggest companies in the world. It’s great and they really take care of me in every aspect. If I want to go skate somewhere, they come up with a budget for me to do it. Nike does so much for
skateboarding and they really support the culture. And their offices in Portland, OR I always enjoy trips up there.
Any advice for upcoming skaters looking to follow in your footsteps?
Stay humble and go after whatever you want to do in life, don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do it. Always work at what you love and try something different until you accomplish it. Just continue to progress and move forward.
Twitter and IG @TheotisB
Facebook: /Theotisbeasley
Savini Wheels
Published in
Image Gallery
View the embedded image gallery online at:
Popular Feature Cars}

我要回帖

更多关于 wrapped plsql 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信