不依赖别人是成功的最佳爱情途径。not t...

《学案与测评》2011年高考英语总复习巩固提升:选修7(全册).
选修7Unit 1
Living wellⅠ. 单词拼写1. As he has no opportunity to achieve his a
, he intends to resign from the company.2. When something can help people or improve their lives, we say it is b
to people.3. I'm afraid it'll be very hard for you to a
this story for children.4. You'd better not get a
at his ignorance.5. The manager
(管理) his business carefully.Ⅱ. 同义句转换1. He got used to the life in China soon after he arrived there.He
the life in China soon after he arrived there.2. Regular exercise does good to your health.Regular exercise
your health.3. As there was a library in the school, she could get books very easily.As there was a library in the school, she had an easy
books.4. Mr Liu often helps me with my English.Mr Liu often
study English.5. He was angry that the other boys made so much noise that he couldn,t focus on reading.that the other boys made so much noise that he couldn't focus on reading.Ⅲ. 翻译句子1. 我们必须学会自立并承担责任。2. 通过努力,他取得了很大的成功。3. 在一周内完成这项具有挑战性的工作,他有些困难。4. 我需要一份足够养家的薪水。5. 亚伯拉罕·林肯(Abraham Lincoln)废除了美国的奴隶制。Ⅳ.单项填空从A、B、C和D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。1. Nobody wants to
especially in public.A. make fun of
B. be made fun ofC. making fun of
D. made fun of2. -Mr President, do you plan to educate your two daughters to be officials?-To tell you the truth, I hope they can do whatever
their interests.A. fits
B. Matches
D. needs3. I went there yesterday
to see my uncle.A. special
B. especiallyC. specially
D. especial4. My friend, David, was not used
by air, so he felt unwell.A. to traveling
B. to travelC. traveling
D. travel5. -I'm sorry, but I didn't mean
out your secret.-But you know, letting out one's secret means
one's feelings.A. to hurt
B. hurtingC. hurting
D. to hurtⅤ. 完形填空阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。Bobby Moresco grew up in New York's Hell's Kitchen, a tough working-class neighborhood on Manhattan's West Side. By tradition he 1 have been, like his father or like most of his childhood pals, a construction worker or a policeman. But he wanted 2. Attracted by the bright lights from the time Bobby was a teen, he tried to act. "I wasn't a 3 actor, but I had a driving need to do something 4 with my life,"he says.  He moved to Hollywood, promising to find his 5. But he didn't make 6
. For almost 10 years, he drove a taxi and worked as a waiter, 7 at an actors'workshop that he opened in Hollywood. But Moresco kept working at his 8 career.In 1983 his younger brother was murdered in a mob-linked killing. Moresco moved back to his 9 neighborhood. In 1988 he finally wrote a play that was 10 to his life. Called Half-Deserted Streets, it was based on his brother's 11 and staged at a small theater. A Hollywood producer 12 to see it and asked him to work on a screenplay.His 13 grew, and he got enough assignments to move back to Hollywood. However, it was never easy. By 2003, he was 14 out of work and out of cash 15 he got a call from Paul Haggis, a director who had befriended him. The two worked on the script but every studio 16
it down. Moresco believed so 17 in the script that he borrowed money, and sold his house. At last the writers found an independent film producer who would take a chance.The movie, Crash, 18 into the theaters in May 2005, and quietly became both a hit and a critical success. It won three Academy Awards-Best Picture, Best Film Editing and Best Writing.At the age of 54, Bobby Moresco became an 19 success. "If you have something you want to do in life, don't think about the problems," he says, "think about the 20 to get it done. "1. A. must
D. need2. A. over
D. up3. A. simple
D. good4. A. different
B. impressive
C. effective
D. special5. A. occasion
B. treasure
C. fortune
D. possibility6. A. it
D. that7. A. communicating
B. entertainingC. practicing
D. volunteering8. A. afforded
C. respected
D. offered9. A. early
D. passed10. A. turned
B. pointed
C. belonged
D. related11. A. arresting
B. injuring
C. killing
D. shooting12. A. advised
B. happened
C. intended
D. planned13. A. influence
B. ambition
C. success
D. reputation14. A. again
C. finally
D. still15. A. before
D. while16. A. let
D. turned17. A. strongly
D. bravely18. A. moved
B. slipped
D. put19. A. effortless
B. enjoyableC. overnight
D. optimistic20. A. ways
C. manners
D. actionsⅥ. 阅读理解阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。  President Bush may talk about a plan to Mars, but Bruce Jones thinks there is still a healthy thirst for exploration into underwater worlds on our own planet. After growing up with his grandfather who was in the marine construction business,
Jones quickly got a feel for the water. He started diving at age 9 and, by the 1980s, he began offering advice for those interested in the submarine business. By 1993, he was running his own company, U.S. Submarines, which designed and built submarines for resorts and individuals.Jones plans to spend $40 million in building a hotel where the most expensive rooms will be 50 feet under the sea off Eleuthera Island in the Bahamas. Unlike the Jules Undersea Lodge-the only undersea hotel now, just off the coast of Key Largo, Fla.-guests at the Poseidon won't need to put on a wet suit to get to their rooms. They also won't need to worry about changing pressure levels since the rooms will be kept at above-surface pressure. Instead, they can move easily to their $1,500-a-night underwater rooms by escalator."I think there are a large number of people who would be interested," said Jones, "including anyone who is looking for a different experience."Each room will feature strong windows that look out onto coral gardens. There will be controls in each room that guests can use to change the lighting of the underwater worlds outside their windows and to provide food for fish swimming by."By now I envisioned(展望) we'd have whole underwater cities," Craig Cooper, the director for the Aquarius research station said, "Its about time some of these visions became reality."1. Which of the following is the CORRECT order of the events that happened to Bruce Jones?a. Jones started running U.S. Submarines.b. Jones began to learn to dive.c. Jones planned to build an undersea hotel.d. Jones began giving others advice on the submarine business.A. a, b, c, d
B. a, c, b, dC. b, d, a, c
D. b, a, c, d2. We can learn from the second paragraph that the Jules Undersea Lodge
.A. lies off Eleuthera Island in the BahamasB. is the first undersea hotel in the worldC. needn't provide wet suits for its guestsD. sends its guests to their rooms by lift3. What do we know about Bruce Jones'undersea hotel from the passage?A. It will be much cheaper than the Jules Undersea Lodge.B. It has taken Jones $40 million to build it.C. Guests in it will open the windows to give food to the fish.D. Guests in it will see beautiful coral through the windows.4. The underlined word "Poseidon" in the second paragraph refers to
.A. Bruce Jones'undersea hotelB. Jules Undersea LodgeC. an island off the coast of Key LargoD. another name of Eleuthera Island5. Judging by Cooper's words, his attitude towards underwater hotels is
.A. disappointed
B. criticalC. objective
D. hopefulⅦ. 短文改错此题要求改正所给短文中的错误。对标有题号的每一行作出判断:如无错误,在该行右边横线上画一个勾(√);如有错误(每行只有一个错误),则按下列情况改正:此行多一个词:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉,在该行右边横线上写出该词,并也用斜线划掉。此行缺一个词:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),在该行右边横线上写出该加的词。此行错一个词:在错的词下划一横线,在该行右边横线上写出改正后的词。注意:原行没有错的不要改。  Last Sunday I went out for the lunch with my
1.friend George, who was very fat indeed. He likes sweet
2.food as well as those rich foods. Not only George
3.enjoy eating but he is a good eater well. Whenever
4.he eats out, he always eats a lot of food and spends
5.too long a time at a restaurant. When we sit at a table
6.in a restaurant, the waiter brought a tray filled of
7.various foods. After eating the big meal, I told her that
8.we would must leave because we had been there for
9.three hours. And he insisted (坚持) we stay there, "We
10.Can't leave now, for it's already time for tea!"参 考 答 案Unit 1
Living wellⅠ. 单词拼写1. ambition
2. beneficial3. adapt
4. annoyed5. conductedⅡ. 同义句转换1. adapted to
2. is beneficial to3. access to
4. assists me to5. It annoyed himⅢ. 翻译句子1. We must learn to be independent and take on responsibility.2. He has achieved great success by hard work.3. He has difficulty in finishing the challenging job within a week.3. 解析:选D。Bobby从少年时期就开始演戏,但由后文可知,他的演艺生涯一直不成功,因此此处可填good表示"不是一个好演员"。4. 解析:选A。虽然不是一个好的演员,他还是希望能改变自己的人生"做一些使生活变得不同的事情"。5. 解析:选C。为了实现自己的夙愿,他去了好莱坞碰运气,"碰运气"可使用meet (find) one's fortune表示,故此空选择fortune。6. 解析:选A。本空是一个短语make it,有"成功"之意。7. 解析:选D。因为太想当一名演员,所以他自愿在自己开办的一个表演单位做出租司机和服务员的工作。8. 解析:选B。根据上下文的意思可知,尽管他目前做的工作很辛苦,但他仍然执著于自己选择的事业,chosen符合句意。afford给予,提供;respect尊敬;offer提供。9. 解析:选C。由于弟弟被谋杀,他放弃了自己的工作(失业了),回到老地方,只有选择old符合文意。10. 解析:选D。句意为:他写了一部与他自己生活有关的戏剧。"与......有关"可使用be related to表示,因此此处选择related。11. 解析:选C。上文已经谈到他的弟弟被谋杀,此处选择killing即指此事。12. 解析:选B。这里是指好莱坞的一个制片人碰巧看到了这部戏,"碰巧"使用happen表示。13. 解析:选D。这里是指他渐渐有了名气。reputation意为"名气,名望",为最佳选项。influence影响;ambition雄心;success成功;均不符合题意。14. 解析:选A。上文谈到在1983年他失业过一次,因此这次是再一次失业。15. 解析:选B。正在他穷困潦倒时,他曾经的一个导演朋友给他打电话。when可表示"正当这时"。16. 解析:选D。他们二人合作创作了剧本但被摄影室拒绝了,turn down有"拒绝,驳回"之意,为最佳答案。17. 解析:选A。句意为:尽管剧本被一次次驳回,但他对自己的作品有着强烈的信心。选择strongly可反映他坚强的意志力。18. 解析:选B。由于在此之前一直没有人赏识,因此他的电影是"悄悄地"被放映的,同时根据后面的quietly的对比手法也可选出答案。19. 解析:选C。这里是指他一举成名,"一举成名"可用become an overnight success来表示。20. 解析:选A。这里是指"考虑能使工作做好的方法",选择way表示"方法",manner使用单数时表示"方法,方式",但选项C是复数形式,manners是"礼貌,规矩"之意。其他选项都没有"方式,方法"的意思。Ⅵ. 阅读理解1. 解析:选C。事件排序题。由第一段可知Jones 9岁开始潜水。80年代能够在潜水生意方面给他人提出见解,到1993年,他已经开始经营自己的公司,而打算建海底旅馆是发生在这些事件之后的。2. 解析:选B。细节理解题。由第二段中的"the only undersea hotel now"可知,the Jules Undersea Lodge目前是世界上唯一的海底旅馆,也就是世界上第一家海底旅馆。3. 解析:选D。理解判断题。由第四段第一句可知,海底旅馆外将会建珊瑚公园,所以入住客人通过窗户可以看到漂亮的珊瑚。4. 解析:选A。文章第二段中第一句前一部分提到Jones计划修建一个海底旅馆;再根据第二句中"Unlike the Jules Undersea Lodge ...guests at the Poseidon"可推知Poseidon是Jones的海底旅馆。把句中两个破折号之间的内容去掉即可得到正确答案。5. 解析:选D。推理判断题。从文章的最后一段可知,Cooper对海底旅馆是充满希望的。Ⅶ. 短文改错1. 去掉the2. was→ is3. only后加does4. well前加as5. √6. sit→ sat7. of→ with或filled→ full8. her→ him9. 去掉would10. And→ ButUnit 2
RobotsⅠ. 单词拼写1. The people expressed their d
that they long for peace.2. He was a
from the meeting this morning because of his illness.3. Nothing can p
her to change her mind once it is made up.4. Children under 14 must be a
by adult.5. The branches are so high that they are out of my r
.Ⅱ. 用方框内所给短语的适当形式填空leave sb. alone/turn around/test out/set aside/ring up1. How many people
while I was out?2. The model must
before we put it into mass production.3.
,I saw an old friend of mine, whom I haven't seen for years.4. She is very upset.
for a few minutes.5. It's time for us
our differences and work together for a common purpose.Ⅲ. 同义句转换1. I had never expected that I would get a Christmas present.A Christmas present was that I had
I had expected.2. Thanks to your help, I succeeded in finishing my task in time.Thanks to your help, I
finish my task in time.3. The thing that surprised me most was to see the village people sitting quietly in our classroom.me most was
the village people were sitting quietly in our classroom.4. Every year in China, people keep a day with the purpose of honoring and showing respect for the elders.Every year in China, a day is
to honor and show respect for the elders.5. She shut herself in the room so as not to be disturbed.She shut herself in the room
she might not be disturbed.Ⅳ.单项填空从A、B、C和D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。1. It is not where you come from or what you are, but the ability to do thejob
matters.A. one
D. it2. She had a computer at home, and her parents desired that she
all her work at home.A. do
C. must do
D. would do3. The bank is reported in the local newspaper,
in broad daylight yesterday.A. being robbed
B. having been robbedC. to have been robbed
D. robbed4. Is this the reason
at the meeting for his carelessness in his work?A. he explained
B. what he explainedC. how he explained
D. why he explained5. Peter
the papers he was marking and reached for his cigarettes and matches.A. set out
B. set off
D. set asideⅤ. 阅读理解阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。A  Pierre is a 25-year-old penguin at the California Academy of Sciences. Due to his old age, he was going bald, which made him feel too cold to swim in the pool. Therefore, biologists at the academy had a wet suit created for this penguin to help him get back in the swimming pool.Unlike marine mammals, which have a layer of blubber to keep them warm, penguins depend on their waterproof feathers. Without them, Pierre was unwilling to jump into the swimming pool and ended up trembling on the side of the pool while his 19 peers played in the water."H he would shake," said Pam Schaller, a senior biologist. Schaller first tried a heat lamp to keep Pierre warm. Then she got another idea: if wet suits keep humans warm in the cold Pacific, why not make one for Pierre?Schaller designed the suit, which covered Pierre's body and had small openings for his flippers."I would walk behind him and look at where there were any gaps, and cut and refit and cut and refit until it looked like it was extremely suitable," she said.One concern was that the other penguins would reject Pierre in his new suit, but in fact, they accepted his new look. He swam freely and got along with others well, although he was the only penguin with a black stomach.  Schaller couldn't say for sure whether the wet suit allowed Pierre to recover his fine feathers, but "certainly we were able to keep him comfortable during a period of time that would have been very difficult for him to stay comfortable".Pierre will take off his suit after his new feathers grow back.1. Pierre felt too cold to swim in the pool because of
.A. not having a layer of blubberB. having few feathers due to old ageC. having no wet suitD. others penguins rejecting him2. The idea of making a wet suit for Pierre came from
.A. total inventionB. the use of wet suit on humansC. the use of heat lampD. waterproof feathers3. Schaller followed Pierre in order to see
.A. whether other penguins would reject himB. if anywhere of wet suit needed to be cut and refitC. if the wet suit kept warmD. whether the wet suit would keep the feathers from recovering4. What does the underlined word in the second paragraph mean?A. feeling scared.B. staying alone.C. shaking with cold.D. keeping warm.5. The BEST title of the passage is
.A. Wet suit for An Old PenguinB. Old Penguin Getting BaldC. Unwilling to SwimD. Strange Look of PierreBThe African elephant, the largest land animal remaining on the earth, is of great importance to African ecosystem(生态系统). Unlike other animals, the African elephant is to a great extent the builder of its environment. As a big plan-teater, it largely shapes the forest-and-savanna(大草原) surroundings in which it lives, therefore setting the terms of existence for millions of other animals that live in its habitat.It is the elephant's great desire for food that makes it a disturber of the environment and an important builder of its habitat. In its continuous search for the 300 pounds of plants it must have every day, it kills small trees and underbushes, and pulls branches off big trees. This results in numerous open spaces in both deep tropical forests and in the woodlands that cover part of the African savannas(热带草原). In these open spaces are numerous plants in various stages of growth that attract a variety of other plant-eaters.  Take the rain forests for example. In their natural state, the spreading branches overhead shut out sunlight and prevent the growth of plants on the forest floor. By pulling down trees and eating plants, elephants make open spaces, allowing new plants to grow on the forest floor. In such situations, the forests become suitable for large hoofed plant-eaters to move around and for small plant-eaters to get their food as well.  What worries scientists now is that the African elephant has become an endangered species. If the elephant disappears, scientists say, many other animals will also disappear from vast areas of forest and savanna, greatly changing and worsening the whole ecosystem.6. What is the passage mainly about?A. Disappearance of African elephants.B. Forests and savannas as habitats for African elephants.C. The effect of African elephants'search for food.D. The eating habit of African elephants.7. What does the underlined phrase "setting the terms" most probably mean?A. Fixing the time.
B. Worsening the state.C. Improving the quality.
D. Deciding the conditions.8. What do we know about the open spaces in the passage?A. They result from the destruction of rain forests.B. They provide food mainly for African elephants.C. They are home to many endangered animals.D. They are attractive to plant-eating animals of different kinds.9. According to the passage, which of the following statements is TRUE?A. The African elephant is the largest animal on the earth.B. African elephants have 300 pounds of plants every day, including small trees and underbushes.C. The African elephant is in a way the builder of the environment like other land animals.D. If the African elephant disappears, the whole ecosystem won't be affected.10. The passage is developed mainly by
.A. showing the effect and then explaining the causesB. pointing out similarities and differencesC. describing the changes in space orderD. giving examples参 考 答 案Unit 2
RobotsⅠ. 单词拼写1. desire
2. absent3. persuade
4. accompanied5. reachⅡ. 用方框内所给短语的适当形式填空1. rang up
2. be tested out3. Turning around
4. Leave her alone5. to set asideⅢ. 同义句转换1. more than
2. managed to3. What surprised/ seeing4. set aside
5. so thatⅣ.单项填空1. 解析:选B。考查强调句型的用法,对主语the ability to do the job进行强调,故用that。2. 解析:选A。desire后面接宾语从句时,从句用虚拟语气,谓语为should+动词原形,should的故事。因此A项正确。6. 解析:选C。主旨大意题。 往往文章的第一段和最后一段都是透露文章主旨的地方。而本文正是这样。我们从这两段可以读出,这篇文章是写关于非洲象寻找食物所带来的影响,故选C。7. 解析:选D。词义猜测题。根据上半句和下文"existence for millions of other animals"可知答案为D项。8. 解析:选D。细节理解题。open space出现在文中的第二段的第三句和第四句。从第四句中我们可以得知这样的空地很容易吸引各种各样的食草动物,所以答案为D项。9. 解析:选B。细节理解题。根据文章第二段第二句话可判断B项为正确答案。10. 解析:选A。推理判断题。通读全文可知,文章是先讲述大象寻找食物所带来的影响,然后解释原因,所以选择A项。Unit 3
Under the seaⅠ. 单词拼写1. Karl Marx was forced to f
his home for political reasons.2. This is an a
account of the terrors of the war. You'd better not read it.3. The decision was taken for n
economic reasons, without considering its social effects.4. This kind of seafood is p
if taken in large quantities.5. The air by the sea is p
and healthy.6. Police have appealed for the
(证人)to come forward.7. The travel agent fixed our
(住处).8. They're both called Smith, but there's no
(血缘关系) between them.9. He got in at the
(浅的) end of the swimming pool.10. She went to the post office to draw her
(退休金).Ⅱ. 用括号内所给单词或短语的适当形式填空1.
(witness) the car accident yesterday?2. The clouds
(reflect) in the lake. Didn't you see them?3.
(not yell) at me like that.4. The sailor had
(abandon) the sinking ship.5. They all
(flee from) the burning building last night.Ⅲ. 同义句转换1. They celebrate their wedding anniversary once a year.They celebrate their wedding anniversary
.2. We were forced to flee the country.We were forced to
safety.3. The error was due to careless pure and simple.The error was due to
carelessness.4. He was successful in business.He
in business.5. In the accident, many people were killed, but meanwhile there were some who were unhurt.In the accident, many people were killed, but
there were some who were unhurt.Ⅳ.单项填空从A、B、C和D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。1. The tall buildings are
in the lake around which there are many trees.A. reflected
B. reflecting
C. standing
D. stood2. No one can prevent the plan
.A. from carrying out
B. to be carried outC. being carried out
D. to carry out3. What you said
me to death.A. scared
B. were scaredC. was scared
D. surprised4. The meeting w
, let's have a rest.A. on the meantime
B. in the meantimesC. in the meantime
D. in meanwhile5. When the war began, the Jewish had to
the country.A. yell
D. flee6. In the fire, all the people in the building were
ahead of time when the building fell down.A. helping out
B. helped outC. helping
D. to be helped7. They had to
the building project because of the sand storm.A. stop from
B. abandon
C. prevent from
D. start8. Only then did he
the effects of his action.A. aware
B. aware ofC. become aware
D. become aware of9.
Esme's website, and you'll get a list of children's books for different age groups.A.Visiting
B.to visit
D. Having visited10. I have to go to work by taxi because my car
at the garage.A. will be repaired
B. is repairedC. is being repaired
D. has been repairedⅤ. 阅读理解阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。A bad Working Memory ( 大脑的工作记忆)-the brain's temporary storage box-may explain, new research suggests, why one child cannot read his or her history book and another gets lost in math. As many as 10 percent of school-age children may suffer from poor working memory. British researchers said in a report last week, yet the problem is rarely identified."You can think of working memory as a pure measure of your childs potential. Many psychologists consider working memory to be the new IQ (智商), because we find that working memory is one of the most important predictors (预示物) of learning ability," said Dr. Tracey Alloway of Britain's Durham University.  Many children with poor working memory are considered lazy or dull. Working memory allows people to hold in their minds and deal with a few items, such as telephone numbers, over a short period of time. Alloway compares working memory to a box. For adults, the basic box size is thought to be three to five items. It's important, therefore, to put in the right things. Irrelevant (不相关的) information will clutter working memory.  The question many researchers are struggling with is how to help children with this problem, which appears to be closely, related to a lack of attention. "In children with learning difficulties, it becomes a huge issue, especially around middle school, when the demands on working memory really grow," said Dr. Mel Levine, co-founder of All Kinds of Minds, a nonprofit organization in North Carolina that studies learning difficulties.Memory training may help improve working memory. Alloway has a tool that allows teachers to assess(评定) the workingmemory capacity of children as young as 4; it has been used in 35 schools across Britain.  Levine's organization trains teachers through a program called Schools Attuned, which is working with several thousand schools across the United States, Canada and Europe. While he is not sure working memory can be expanded, Levine said children can be taught ways to do better in school.1. Which of the following is a characteristic of working memory?A. It has a limited capacity.B. It is usually better in children than adults.C. It improves with use.D. It can cause a lack of attention.2. According to the new research,
.A. the importance of working memory has been long recognizedB. working memory is becoming recognized as a factor in intelligenceC. laziness can weaken working memoryD. working memory helps people remember things forever3. What does the underlined word "clutter" in the third paragraph probably mean?A. Change.
B. Improve.C. Strengthen.
D. Confuse.4. Which of the following may help improve a child's working memory?A. Expanding the brain's storage box.B. Training the memory.C. Remembering more things.D. Being reminded frequently.5. According to the passage, Dr. Mel Levine has
.A. invented tools to help improve a child's working memoryB. founded an organization to train teachers to help students with this problemC. identified the problem clearlyD. compared working memory to a boxⅥ. 短文改错此题要求改正所给短文中的错误。对标有题号的每一行作出判断:如无错误,在该行右边横线上画一个勾(√);如有错误(每行只有一个错误),则按下列情况改正:此行多一个词:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉,在该行右边横线上写出该词,并也用斜线划掉。此行缺一个词:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),在该行右边横线上写出该加的词。此行错一个词:在错的词下划一横线,在该行右边横线上写出改正后的词。注意:原行没有错的不要改。Dear Abby,How are you? Today I've got a wonderful news to tell you.
1.I have offered a scholarship at a university in Australia for my
2.further education. One hundred and twenty students took exam
3.for it, but only a few was chosen and I was one of them. However,
4.my parents are not happy about it. They are strong against me
5.going there. They say it is too far away that they will not see me 6.for a whole year and they are afraid of I will feel lonely. They
7.can't imagine a girl so young live alone. They advise me to study
8.in the capital instead. Then I'll be able to continue living with 9.them. How can I persuade them to accept the fact I have grown up?
10.  Best wishes!  
JaneⅣ.单项填空1. 解析:选A。reflect在这里表示"倒映"的意思,building与reflect之间呈被动关系。2. 解析:选C。plan与carry out之间是被动关系。prevent ...from为固定搭配,在主动语态中from可以省略。3. 解析:选A。scare sb. to death为固定搭配,意为"吓得要死"。4. 解析:选C。in the meantime为固定搭配,意为"同时"。5. 解析:选D。句意为:战争爆发后,犹太人逃离自己的国家。根据句意,选D。flee逃;逃走。6. 解析:选B。句意表示"大楼里所有的人都被解救出来",因此用被动语态。7. 解析:选B。句意表示"他们不得不放弃建设工程",因此用abandon放弃,中止。8. 解析:选D。be / become aware of为固定搭配,意为"知道;明白"。9. 解析:选C。考查"祈使句+and+陈述句"的结构。10. 解析:选C。句意表示"汽车正在被修理",因此运用现在进行时的被动语态。Ⅴ. 阅读理解1. 解析:选A。细节理解题。根据第三段中的"Alloway compares working memory to a box. For adults, the basic box size is thought to be three to five items"可知,人的"工作记忆"就像一个盒子,它的容量是有限的。2. 解析:选B。推理判断题。根据第二段的"Many psychologists consider working memory to be the new IQ, because we find that working memory is one of the most important predictors of learning ability"可知,很多心理学家认为working memory是一种新的智商,因为研究者发现working memory是衡量一个人学习能力的最重要的指标之一,因此可以把它看作是预测孩子智力的一个重要因素。3. 解析:选D。猜测词义题。根据第三段可知,人的working memory是有限的,因此要去记那些重要的信息,不相关的信息只会使记忆更加混乱,所以选D。4. 解析:选B。细节理解题。根据倒数第二段第一句"Memory training may help improve working memory"可知,进行记忆训练会有助于改善"工作记忆",因此B项正确。5. 解析:选B。细节理解题。根据最后一段第一句 "Levine's organization trains teachers through a program called Schools Attuned"可知,Levine成立一个组织,这个组织培训老师,然后让老师们帮助学生改善"工作记忆"。Ⅵ. 短文改错1. 去掉a2. have后加been3. exam→exams4. 第一个was→were5. strong→strongly6. too→so7. 去掉of8. live→living9. √10. fact后加that  Unit 4
SharingⅠ. 单词拼写1. You can a
the colour on the TV by turning the knob.2. This type of university course is no longer r
to today's problem.3. We fight against p
in order to create a fairer society.4. It is said that this company is in serious f
difficulties now.5. She actively p
in the local politics.Ⅱ. 用方框内所给短语的适当形式填空do with/hear from/in the center of/make a difference/the other day1. I haven't
you for a long time.2. I saw him
.3. It doesn't
whether he comes or not.4. What will you
your pocket money?5. There is a park tobe built
the town.Ⅲ. 完成句子1. 我昨天收到了在纽约的姐姐的来信。I
my sister in New York yesterday.2. 她渴望出国。She
go abroad.3. 她在抽屉里偶然发现一些旧照片。She
some old photos in a drawer.4. 最近非洲许多河流都干涸了。Many rivers in Africa
recently.5. 你的衣服要很长时间才能干透。Your clothes will take ages
.Ⅳ.单项填空从A、B、C和D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。1. The English play
my students acted at the new year's party was a great success.A. for which
B. at whichC. in which
D. on which2. I couldn't do my homework with all the noise
.A. going on
B. goes on
C. went on
to go on3. His careless driving
him his life last year.A. cost
D. took4. -Are all the titles of the articles
in the contents?-Yes, all
.A. included
B. includesC. including
D. being included5. She
the table and said the dinner was ready.A. lay
scientists know where a storm will happen, winds will suddenly change, carrying the storm to a new direction.A. Even if
C. Despite
D. Unless7. The man I
yesterday is Mr. WhiteA. paid a visit
B. had a talkC. dropped in
D. came across8. The organization is badly
of hands.A. relevant
B. donated
C. in need
D. dying9. Sue is good at singing and her voice sounds
C. sweetly
D. well10. Shut the window,
it'll get too cold in here.A. so
D. otherwiseⅤ. 完形填空阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。  One of the political issues that is heard a lot about in the States lately is campaign(竞选)finance reform(改革). The people who are 1 for reform usually want the 2 to pay for campaigns and/or limit the amount of money that candidates(候选人)and their 3 can spend.  One reason that reform is called for is that it costs so much to 4 for political office. Candidates have to spend a great deal of time and effort 5 money. The incumbents (those already in office) have less time to do chief jobs since they must 6 so many money raising events.Another 7 is the fear that candidates will be owned or 8 by the "special interest groups" that give money to their campaigns. Sometimes this certainly seems to be the 9.On the 10 side are those who say that it doesn't mean it's really 11 just because you call something "reform". They argue that the right to freedom of speech is 12 if the government can limit anyone's ability to get his or her message out to the people.  If one person or a group of people want to tell the 13 what they think about an issue or candidate, they have to buy 14 on TV, radio, and in newspapers and magazines. They might want to put up advertisements along highways and on websites. All this costs a lot of 15 .Those against laws that control or limit spending say that you don't really have freedom of 16 or freedom of the press if you can't get your message out. They say the government should never be able to control 17 discussions. They believe that this is most important when the voters are about to make 18 .What do you think about this 19
? Listen to what the candidates for national office have to say. Which candidates 20
the most sense to you?1. A. waiting
B. Calling
C. standing
D. preparing2. A. government
B. presidentC. candidates
D. citizens3. A. leaders
C. supporters
D. states4. A. pay
B. compete
D. work5. A. raising
B. earning
D. getting6. A. notice
D. attend7. A. event
D. office8. A. encouraged
C. controlled
D. ordered9. A. joke
B. purpose
D. example10. A. otherB. same
C. another
D. different11. A. worseB. better
D. harder12. A. meaningless
B. unimportantC. unnecessary
D. impossible13. A. reporters
D. public14. A. time
B. copies C. rights
D. advertising15. A. energy
B. effort C. time
D. money16. A. argument
B. opinion C. speech
D. election17. A. common
B. political C. general
D. special18. A. profit
B. trouble C. plans
D. decisions19. A. quarrel
B. problem C. issue
D. affair20. A. find
D. produceⅥ. 阅读理解阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。Science Daily(Apr. 27, 2008)-Dutch ecologist Roxina Soler and her colleagues have discovered that subterranean (地下的) and aboveground herbivorous (食草的) insects can communicate with each other by using plants as telephones. Subterranean insects issue chemical warning signals through the leaves of the plant.This way, aboveground insects are warned that the plant is already "occupied".Aboveground, leaf-eating insects prefer plants that have not yet been occupied by subterranean root-eating insects. Subterranean insects send out chemical signals through the leaves of the plant, which warn the aboveground insects about their presence. This messaging makes it possible for spatially-separated insects to avoid each other, so that they do not compete for the same plant.In recent years it has been discovered that different types of aboveground insects develop slowly if they feed on plants that also have subterranean insects and
vice versa (反之亦然). It seems that a mechanism (机制) has developed through natural selection, which helps the subterranean and aboveground insects to communicate with each other.This avoids unnecessary competition.  Through the "green telephone lines", subterranean insects can also communicate with a third party, namely the natural enemy of caterpillars (毛虫). Parasitic wasps (寄生蜂) lay their eggs inside aboveground insects. The wasps also benefit from the signals sent by the leaves, as these help them find more insects for their eggs.The communication between subterranean and aboveground insects has only been studied in a few systems. It is still not clear how widespread this phenomenon is, say the researchers.1. How do subterranean and aboveground insects communicate with each other?A. By sending signals through the leaves.B. By giving off particular smells.C. By making soft and beautiful sounds.D. By the signals sent by parasitic wasps.2. After finding a plant occupied by root-eating insects, aboveground insects will usually
.A. send out warning signalsB. compete for the same plantC. choose to leave the plantD. fight with the root-eating insects3. Aboveground insects will develop more quickly if their food plants
.A. are often visited by parasitic waspsB. are not occupied by root-eating insectsC. have more green leavesD. have more subterranean insects4. What does the underlined part"a third party"in the fourth paragraph include?A. Aboveground insects.B. Root-eating insects.C. Caterpillars.D. Parasitic wasps.5. What would be the BEST title for the passage?A. Communication between different insects.B. How do animals avoid competition?C. Insects use plants as telephones.D. When plants have subterranean residents.1. 解析:选C。in which表达"in the play"的概念,意为"在剧中(扮演角色)"。其他选项介词均搭配错误。2. 解析:选A。考查with的复合结构。noise与go on之间呈主动关系,因此用"with+n.+doing"的形式。3. 解析:选A。cost在这里意为"消耗掉"。句意为:去年他粗心的驾驶让他失去了生命。4. 解析:选A。第一空使用被动语态表达被动含义,第二空用included作定语,放在所修饰词后面;如果用including,必须放在所修饰词前面。故选A。5. 解析:选B。laid是lay的过去时,意为"摆放",为及物动词。6. 解析:选A。句意为:即使科学家知道哪里发生风暴,风也会突然改变,把风暴带到别的方向。even if在这里引导让步状语从句。7. 解析:选D。I与后面的动词短语构成了定语从句,省略了who/whom。而come across意为"偶然遇到"。8. 解析:选C。句意为:这个组织急需要人手。be in need of意为"需要"。9. 解析:选A。sound在这里是连系动词,因此后面跟形容词作表语。10.解析:选D。otherwise在这里相当于if not,意为"否则"。Ⅴ. 完形填空1. 解析:选B。根据第二段第一句话可知,答案选B。call for号召。2. 解析:选A。根据下文支持改革和持反对意见的人的观点及其原因可知答案。3. 解析:选C。根据常识可知,西方国家每次竞选,候选人及其支持者都会花大量的钱进行宣传。4. 解析:选B。候选人及其支持者花费如此多的钱就是为了竞争政府的某个职位。5. 解析:选A。raise money募集资金。竞选者要竞选成功,需要大量的资金用于宣传。因此竞选之前要想方设法募集资金。根据后一句中的"money raising events"也可得知答案。6. 解析:选D。候选人在募集资金的过程中会出现很多问题,出现问题时政府工作人员就要进行协调,他们可能因为解决这些问题而无暇顾及自己的主要工作。attend负责,处理。7. 解析:选C。上文提到了改革的一个原因,本段是解释另一个原因。8. 解析:选C。own与control同义,意为"控制"。9. 解析:选C。case情况。本段解释的是一些人主张改革的原因,是担心候选人因为钱而受到某个组织的控制。他们之所以担心是因为有时候情况就是这样。10. 解析:选A。上文所列举的是一些人主张改革的原因。本句起承上启下的作用,引出站在另一方立场上的人的观点及其原因。11. 解析:选B。句意为:你称呼某些东西为改革,而改革未必就是更好的。12. 解析:选A。如果政府能限制人对外界进行宣传,那么人的言论自由权就变的名存实亡,毫无意义了。13. 解析:选D。联系上文及常识可知,如果要想竞选成功,候选人或某个组织必须对公众进行宣传,获得群众的支持和选票。14. 解析:选D。结合句意及常识可知,要想宣传自己的观点或看法,必须在媒体上大肆宣传,而宣传的主要途径就是广告。15. 解析:选D。要想在媒体上宣传,必须做大量的广告,而广告势必需要大量的资金做后盾。16. 解析:选C。根据第四段最后一句话可得知答案。17. 解析:选B。本篇介绍的是关于候选人所用奖金的改革问题,都是关于政治方面的问题。反对人士认为政府不能限制人的言论自由,不能限制人们在政治方面的谈论自由。18. 解析:选D。本句与上一句为递进关系。句意为:政府更不能干涉人们决定赞成哪位候选人。19. 解析:选C。本句为本段的总结句,与第一段首句相对应。20. 解析:选B。make sense有意义,有道理。Ⅵ. 阅读理解1. 解析:选A。细节理解题。根据第一段第二句"Subterranean insects issue chemical warning signals through the leaves of the plant"可知,地下昆虫能通过植物的叶子发出一种化学物质,作为信号对地上昆虫进行警告。故选A。2.
解析:选C。细节推理题。第二段第一句"Aboveground, leafeating insects ... rooteating insects"提到,地上的昆虫更喜欢没有被地下昆虫占领的植物。联系本段最后一句"This messaging makes ... for the same plant"可知,当地上昆虫发现植物已经被地下昆虫占领时,它们通常会选择离开。3.
解析:选B。细节推断题。根据第三段第一句"In recent years it ... and vice versa"可知,如果植物没有被地下的食草昆虫占领,地上昆虫就繁殖得快些。句意为:近些年来的研究发现:如果地上昆虫赖以生存的植物被地下的食草昆虫占领,地上昆虫的繁殖速度就会减慢,反之亦然。4.
解析:选D。词义猜测题。第四段第一句中的"namely the natural enemy of caterpillars"意为"也就是毛虫的天敌"。a third party这里包含寄生蜂。5.
解析:选C。标题归纳题。C项的内容形象地表现出了昆虫间交流的独特方式,其根据在第一段第一句"... insects can communicate with each other by using plants as telephones"。Unit 5
Travelling abroadⅠ. 单词拼写1. Life can be compared to a journey with an unknown d
.2. The railway lines run p
to the road, so they will never meet.3. The doctor strongly r
that Mr Smith take a holiday.4. We s
a red ball for the blue one to see if the baby would notice.5. The students return in October for the start of the new a
year.Ⅱ. 用方框内所给短语的适当形式填空be acknowledged as/settle in/feel at home/be occupied in/succeed in/keep up/have ...in common/adjust to1. She had great difficulty
English life.2. When we arrived, she
picking up cotton in the field.3. I tried to raise my voice and
making myself heard.4. Do you think pop music
with folk music?5. The hurricane
for several days and left terrible destruction across the country.6. He
one of the greatest scientists of his time.7. She
a foreign country and had a happy life after she retired.8. But when I saw you waiting for me with warm smiles of welcome on yours faces, I immediately
without worrying about my poor English.Ⅲ. 完成句子1. 身体很快适应温度的变化。The body quickly
changes in temperature.2. 只要他坚持不懈,他就能打破世界纪录。If only he could
, he would
world .3. 我们必须与时俱进。It's necessary for us to
with the times.4. 就他而言,他很满意你的答案。, he was satisfied with your answer.5. 我相信你会适应乡间生活的。I'm sure that you will
country life.Ⅳ.单项填空从A、B、C和D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。1. Helen always helps her mother even though going to school
most of her day.A. takes up
B. makes up
C. saves up
D. puts up2. She is usually
to be one of our best artists.A. regard
B. acknowledgedC. received
D. attempted3. Would you slow down a bit, please? I can't
you.A. keep up with
B. put up withC. make up to
D. hold on to4. It is too bad that the rain
going to the party.A. on
B. upC. from
I can see, there is only one possible way to keep away from the danger.A. As long as
B. As far asC. Just as
D. Even ifⅤ. 阅读理解阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。  One summer my friend and I decided to go to Italy for a holiday and we decided to travel there without going through a travel agency. You know, you would be submerged (淹没) in crowds of tourists and lose lots of opportunities to get familiar with the country more closely. We started to think over our trip and managed to come up with a free tour of Italy.The trip was not very long but it was still very impressive. We look forward to going there again! Of course, we spent lots of time arranging the trip, but it was well worth it! Of course I was afraid that something would go wrong and I was especially anxious about my visa, but everything went quite smoothly in the end.The most difficult part was getting a visa without an invitation. In the Italian consulate(领事馆), one must hand in some official paper proving that one has a hotel booked for oneself in order to get the visa. Then we had to solve the ticket problem. Airlines often sell cheap tickets and we bought ours far in advance. The next step was to book a hotel. We finally booked a hotel about 30 km away from the heart of Rome and it was the perfect choice for our trip.  Every day we took a train that carried us to the heart of Rome. Our big house, which was surrounded by the forest, was a rare girl for the fresh air and absolute silence, beautiful views, hospitable (好客的) hosts, comfortable living conditions delighted us to no end. Besides this, we were very lucky that our mistress was Russian. She gave us a lot of advice that was of great use. She told us what transport to choose and where the best places to go.Don't be afraid to arrange your trip by yourself. It's not difficult! The only thing I'll say right now is that we really enjoyed travelling by ourselves. We walked with a map and a guide-book to wherever we wanted and we even met some of our fellow countrymen on the way just two or three times. So, if you're also planning a "single" trip, don't forget to take a Russian-Italian phrase book as people in Italy prefer to speak in their native tongue.1. Why does the author want to go to Italy again?A. He had a great time there.B. Italy has a lot of attractions.C. His friend invited him there.D. He didn't stay in Italy long enough.2. What does the author think was the hardest in preparing for his Italian trip?A. Buying cheap airline tickets to Italy before the travelling.B. Getting a visa without an invitation from the Italian consulate.C. Booking a comfortable hotel on his own in Rome.D. Solving the ticket problem far in advance.3. In the fourth paragraph the author mainly explains
.A. the reason why he chose to live in the center of RomeB. the reason why the hotel he booked was the right choiceC. what transport they chose to travel in their Italian tripD. the reason why the mistress gave them some advice4. Which of the following questions has NOT been answered in the passage?A. Why did the author decide to go to Italy for a holiday for the first time?B. Why did the author decide not to follow a travel agency?C. How did the author prepare for his trip?D. What tools did the author use for his traveling?5. From the text we can know the author
.A. enjoys travelling everywhere in the worldB. likes being accompanied by tour guidesC. advises us to arrange trips by ourselvesD. met with a lot of his countrymen in ItalyⅥ. 短文改错此题要求改正所给短文中的错误。对标有题号的每一行作出判断:如无错误,在该行右边横线上画一个勾(√);如有错误(每行只有一个错误),则按下列情况改正:此行多一个词:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉,在该行右边横线上写出该词,并也用斜线划掉。此行缺一个词:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),在该行右边横线上写出该加的词。此行错一个词:在错的词下划一横线,在该行右边横线上写出改正后的词。注意:原行没有错的不要改。Late in the afternoon, the boys put up their tent
1.in the middle of a field. As soon as this was done it,
2.they had cooked a meal over an open fire. They were
3.all hungry and the food smelt well. After a wonderful
4.meal, they said stories and sang songs by the camp
5.fire. But some times later it began to rain. The boys
6.felt tired so they put out the fire and crept into his
7.tent. Their sleep-bags warm and comfortable, so
8.they all slept soundly. At the middle of the night,
9.one of the boys woke up or began shouting. The tent
10.had been flooded!Ⅶ. 书面表达假如你们班在"珍爱生命,拒闯红灯"的教育活动中,召开了一次主题班会。请你根据下表中的内容,用英语写一篇短文。行人(passer-by)闯红灯的危害妨碍交通,影响车辆的正常行驶容易引发事故,危及他人和自身的生命安全......(自己设想)对行人闯红灯的处罚措施批评教育,让其意识到闯红灯的危害性当场给予警告并罚款......(自己设想)注意:1. 词数:100左右;   2. 可以适当增加细节,以使行文连贯。参考词汇:jaywalk 乱穿马路参 考 答 案Unit 5
Travelling abroadⅠ.
单词拼写1. destination
2. parallel3. recommended
4. substitute5. academicⅡ. 用方框内所给短语的适当形式填空1. to
2. was occupied in是太糟糕了。5. 解析:选B。as far as 意为"据......"。句意为:据我所知,只有一种办法可以摆脱危险。Ⅴ. 阅读理解1. 解析:选A。推理判断题。根据第二段 "The trip was not very long but it was still very impressive. We look forward to going there again!"结合第四段的内容以及最后一段中的"The only thing Ill say right now is that we really enjoyed travelling by ourselves"可知,意大利之行他们玩得很尽兴,给他们留下了深刻的印象,所以想再去意大利,因此选A。2. 解析:选B。细节理解题。根据第三段的第一句"The most difficult part was getting a visa without an invitation"可知,最难的事情是在没有邀请函的情况下向意大利大使馆申请签证,因此选择B。A、C、D三项虽然文中都涉及到了,但是都不符合题干。3. 解析:选B。段落大意题。根据第四段对旅馆周围环境、交通情况以及该旅馆的好处的介绍,可知,作者在第四段主要讲对旅馆满意的原因。4. 解析:选A。推理判断题。文章第一段第二句讲述了他们不愿意随旅行社出游的原因,B项符合;文章第二、三两段讲述作者怎么去准备他的出行的,所以C项符合;根据最后一段的"We walked with a map and a guidebook to wherever we wanted ..."可知,D项符合。纵观全文,作者并没有提到他为什么去意大利旅游的原因。5. 解析:选C。推理判断题。根据文章的主要内容,尤其是第一段说不想在旅游团的拥挤的人群中,也不想错过更多亲近意大利的机会,以及最后一段的"Dont be afraid to arrange your trip by yourself"可知,选C。其余选项在文中没有依据。Ⅵ. 短文改错1. √2. 去掉it3. 去掉had4. well→good5. said→told6. times→time7. his→their8. warm前加were9. At→In10. or→andⅦ. 书面表达One possible version:Recently we held a class meeting to discuss the problem of passers-by crossing the street while the traffic light is red. As we can see, some passers-by don't obey traffic rules and jaywalk frequently. This blocks traffic seriously affects drivers and causes accidents to happen, endangering the safety of passers-by and drivers. In a word, jaywalking produces negative effects and does not help develop good social behaviour.It is really a pity to see all this in our society. To deal with the situation, the government has taken some measures. When caught jaywalking, the passers-by are criticized so that they will become aware of the dangers of doing so, or they are fined on the spot. Sometimes the traffic police will report jaywalkers at their workplace and expose them to the public. However, it will still take a long time to stop passersby from jaywalking. We should start from ourselves right now.}

我要回帖

更多关于 最佳爱情 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信