托福听力的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁资讯|备考|互动
托福TPO1听力原文文本(Conversation&Lecture)
来源:新东方网
摘要:以下是TPO1 TPO1听力原文文本(Conversation&Lecture),供各位考生参考。
  TPO 1 Lecture2 Geology  Listen to part of a lecture in a geology class.  Professor : Ok, let's get started. Great. Today I want to talk about a way in which we are able to determine how old a piece of land, or some other geologic feature is - dating techniques. I'm going to talk about a particular dating technique. Why? Good dating is a key to good analysis. In other words, if you want to know how a land formation was formed, the first thing you probably want to know is how old it is. It's fundamental. Um& Take the Grand Canyon for instance. Now, we geologists thought we had a pretty good idea of how the Grand Canyon in the southwestern United States was formed. We knew that it was formed from sandstone that solidified somewhere between 150 and 300 million years ago. Before it solidified, it was just regular sand. Essentially it was part of a vast desert. And until just recently, most of us thought the sand had come from an ancient mountain range fairly close by that flattened out over time. That's been the conventional wisdom among geologists for quite some time. But now we've learned something different, and quite surprising, using a technique called Uranium-Lead Dating. I should say that Uranium-Lead Dating has been around for quite a while. But there have been some recent refinements. I will get into this in a minute. Anyway, Uranium-Lead Dating has produced some surprises. Two geologists discovered that about half of the sand from the Grand Canyon was actually once part of the Appalachian Mountains. That's really eye-opening news, since the Appalachian Mountain Range is, of course, thousands of kilometers to the east of the Grand Canyon. Sounds pretty unbelievable, right? Of course, the obvious question is how did that sand end up so far west? The theory is that huge rivers and wind carried the sand west where it mixed in with the sand that was already there. Well, this was a pretty revolutionary finding. Um& and it was basically because of Uranium-Lead Dating. Why? Well, as everyone in this class should know, we usually look at the grain type within sandstone, meaning the actual particles in the sandstone, to determine where it came from. You can do other things too, like look at the wind or water that brought the grains to their location and figure out which way it was flowing. But that's only useful up to a point, and that's not what these two geologists did. Uranium-Lead Dating allowed them to go about it in an entirely different way. What they did was: they looked at the grains of Zircon in the sandstone. Zircon is a material that contains radioactive Uranium, which makes it very useful for dating purposes. Zircon starts off as molten magma, the hot larva from volcanoes. This magma then crystallizes. And when Zircon crystallizes, the Uranium inside it begins to change into Lead. So if you measure the amount of Lead in the Zircon grain, you can figure out when the grain was formed. After that, you can determine the age of Zircon from different mountain ranges. Once you do that, you can compare the age of the Zircon in the sandstone in your sample to the age of the Zircon in the mountains. If the age of the Zircon matches the age of one of the mountain ranges, then it means the sandstone actually used to be part of that particular mountain range. Is everybody with me on that? Good. So, in this case, Uranium-Lead Dating was used to establish that half of the sandstone in the samples was formed at the same time the granite in the Appalachian Mountains was formed. So because of this, this new way of doing Uranium-Lead Dating, we've been able to determine that one of our major assumptions about the Grand Canyon was wrong. Like I said before, Uranium-Lead Dating has been with us for a while. But, um& until recently, in order to do it, you really had to study many individual grains. And it took a long time before you got results. It just wasn't very efficient. And it wasn't very accurate. But technical advances have cut down on the number of grains you have to study, so you get your results faster. So I'll predict that Uranium-Lead Dating is going to become an increasingly popular dating method. There are a few pretty exciting possibilities for Uranium-Lead Dating. Here is one that comes to mind. You know the theory that earth's continents were once joined together and only split apart relatively recently? Well, with Uranium-Lead Dating, we could prove that more conclusively. If they show evidence of once having been joined, that could really tell us a lot about the early history of the planet's geology.
责任编辑:lvmingwei
版权及免责声明
① "新东方在线"上的内容,包括文章、资料、资讯等, 本网注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的,其版权 均为"新东方在线"或北京新东方迅程网络科技有限公司所有 ,任何公司、媒体、网站或个人未经授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式使用。已经得到 "新东方在线"许可 的媒体、网站,在使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网站将依法追究责任。
② "新东方在线" 未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的 文章、资料、资讯等 均为转载稿,本网站转载出于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同其观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网站下载使用,必须保留本网站注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为 " 稿件来源:新东方 " ,本网站将依法追究其法律责任。
③ 如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内与新东方在线联系。
托福网络课堂
论坛更精彩
从今起 你买课我打折
智能单词测试 来挑战吧
造句体每周一期等你参与
你真的会记笔记吗?坚持21天给我好看
你学英语到底是为了什么?
资料下载排行榜
托福公开课
托福热报课程
2014托福时间表
15日 21日 28日 29日
16日 23日 30日
14日 21日 27日
11日 18日 26日
2、8、9、15、23、29日
6、13、14、21、27、28日您所在位置: &
&nbsp&&nbsp
新托福突破口TPO(1-23)听力原文文本全集【无老师力荐】.docx246页
本文档一共被下载:
次 ,您可免费全文在线阅读后下载本文档
文档加载中...广告还剩秒
需要金币:150 &&
新托福突破口TPO(1-23)听力原文文本全集1.0版毫无疑问,听写时提高听力的最有效的方法,而没有之一。虽然现在还有很多童鞋们在提倡跟读,但是实际上,这只是对于口语的一个补充,如果仅就听力来说,听写还是最好的方式,当然还要再加一个限定词,就是提高视力的最好的方式。既然要听写,就要有一个程度,也就是如果单纯的听出来的话,其实是没有什么太大的意义的,因为你根本不知道对错。因此这里就需要这些听力原文的对比。但是无老师在这里同时要指出的是,这些听力原文,其实主要都是取材于早期GTER论坛的听写的成果,那是一个光辉的时代,同时也是一个快速前进的时代,当快速前进的时候,就会难以避免的出现很多疏漏,因此听力原文里面有的时候会有一些小的瑕疵,这都是难以避免的,因此请各位考友们对于这份听力原文报以最大的善意!因为,这都是很多众多网友无私奉献的结果。当然,对于听写内容的校对只是这份材料的作用之一,其实还有另外一个更加重要的作用,就是对于听力试题的分析。仅仅托福考试来看,对于新托福考试的认知的准确性,大多是来自于新托福突破口TPO发布之后,因为国内的众多考友们能够对于新托福考试的试题进行仔细研究的成果!在此之前一切对于这个考试的认知,其实都是一种抽象的感性的认知,因为在考场上根本没有给你留下足够的时间进行仔细反复的捉摸。因此,新托福突破口TPO起到了一个很好的,沟通考试与考生的作用。同时,也就允许众多考生可以细细的对于这个考试进行深入研究,有了这份听力文本,各位考友就可以对于自己听力的问题进行仔细地分析,可以细细的去查,自己的题做错了,是因为那个单词不认识,还
正在加载中,请稍后...查看: 39112|回复: 58
TPO23听力题求解释,附听力原文和题目
本帖最后由 huangjiangyan 于
20:10 编辑
TPO23听力Section2 ,最后一个lecture(关于choreography) 的第一题,为什么选A啊?反复看文本都看不出来啊。。。
What is the main purpose of the lecture?
To discuss some films the class will be viewing
To help prepare students for a class assignment
To compare two types of filmmaking techniques
To talk about the history of screen dance
Now, when you think about choreography, well, uh, for your last assignment, you choreographed
the dance that was performed on stage in front of live audience.& &
Now, screen dance is very different. It is a dance routine you will be choreographing specifically
to be viewed on a screen, on a computer screen, a TV screen, in a movie theater, any screen.& &
So the question we have to ask is, what’s the difference between choreography for a live
performance and choreography for on-screen viewing? OK. Think for a minute.
When you see a movie, is it just a film of people acting on a stage? Of course not. Movies use a
variety of camera angles and creative editing. Movies can distort time, slow movement down, or
speed it up, show actors fading in and out of scenes, etc. All of these ... all of these film-making
techniques, things that can’t be used in a live performance, are possible in a screen dance. Now,
we’ll cover these concepts in greater detail later, but you should be getting the idea that I don’t
want you to just film dancers on stage and turn it in&&as your screen dance project. Uh, Yes?
Debbie.& &
But isn’t something lost here, Professor Watson? I am a dancer, and when I perform on stage, I
am so energised by the audience’s reactions, the applause. I actually, and for a lot of dancers, it ...
it really inspires us.& &
You’re right. Screen dance, which is a relatively new, isn’t for everyone. Uh, some dancers may
seem reluctant to participate in your project, because they do thrive on the immediacy of
performing live. If this happens, you could point out that screen dance offers other ways for
dancers to connect to their audience. For example, dancers can express themselves, even change
the whole mood of the scene through a facial expression. And you could film close-up shots of
their faces.&&Facial expressions aren’t as important in live performances generally, because the
choreographer knows that someone in the back row of a theater may not be able to see a
dancer’s face clearly.
But ... um, I have never used a movie camera or edited film before. How will we learn everything
we need to know to ...?
Oh, don’t worry. The cameras you will be using are pretty simple to operate. And you’ll get to
play with the film-editing software several times before beginning your project. You’ll also have
the option of working with a student&&in the&&film department, someone who’s familiar with the
technology. But the choreography and the end result will be your responsibility of course.
Could you talk some more about the film-making techniques, you know, the ones that work best
for screen dances?
I’ll show some of my favorite screen dances next week to give you a better idea.& &
But, uh, OK. Here’s one technique that can create the illusion of flow in a screen dance. You film
the same dancer, entering and exiting the frame several times. Moving slowly at first, then faster
and faster. Then in the editing room, you can digitally manipulate these images, like you might
put five or ten or twenty copies of that same dancer meeting himself in the middle of the screen,
to make it look like he is dancing with himself. Obviously, this can’t be done in a live performance.
Another example, in one screen dance I saw, the dancers&&leap through sheets of fire&&in a big
abandoned building. Of course, the building wasn’t really on fire. A technique called
super-imposing was used. The dancers were filmed and layered in the editing room. The fire was
added to the background.& &
That sounds awesome. But if anyone can watch a dance on a computer screen. Why would they
pay to go see a live performance? What if screen dance got so popular that it replaced live
Screen dance is an entirely different type of presentation. It could never replicate the immediacy,
the kind of drama that live performance offers. There will be an audience for that. I think what
screen dance will do, though, is heighten awareness of dance in general. Because it is a way ... uh,
it can reach people in their homes, in their workplaces, at anytime really.&&And if someone
discovers that they love dance by watching a screen dance, there’s a good chance they will get
interested enough to buy a ticket to see a live performance.& &
TPO23可以下载的只有阅读部分。你直接搜百度,第一个就是
求TPo23啊 只要是与23有关的够给我吧&&题目啊 文本啊&&答案啊&&我会了就告诉楼主 谢谢
我也觉得有问题,我觉得选B应该,楼主认为呢?那个教授反复再说作业的事儿
Cecilia900324 发表于
我也觉得有问题,我觉得选B应该,楼主认为呢?那个教授反复再说作业的事儿 ...
同选B,握爪。
顶顶,有没有高人解释一下这个题啊?是不是答案给错了?
……………………………………………………………………是啊,来个知情人解释一下
我tpo23只下载到阅读啊~~可不可以发给我其他几个部分啊??!!拜托啦!!
同选B,困惑
我也选了B....郁闷
北京小马过河互联网科技有限公司 版权所有你好,你有老托福听力的PART C 全部的音频和原文吗,能发给我吗?我的邮箱是_百度知道
你好,你有老托福听力的PART C 全部的音频和原文吗,能发给我吗?我的邮箱是
我对托福具体不怎么了解,是老师建议我把老托福听力的PART C 当做练习听写材料的,谢谢了。
提问者采纳
发过去了,一份是听力,一份是听力原文,考个好成绩!
提问者评价
好的,已经在用了,谢谢啊
其他类似问题
托福听力的相关知识
按默认排序
其他2条回答
建议下载托福备考包。里面是被挑选的老t的partc,而且还有中文翻译和英文原文。【】
我有是有,也是当时老师推荐练听写的,但是不管用啊!老托的part C 看似挺好,但是其中的单词啊,还有文章结构与新托有很大差别!!!我给你个建议啊!(我就是这样做的)TPO是个挺宝贵的资源,你先把前四套左右做一下,然后用这里边的听力做听写。为什么呢?第一,它是真题,所以形式绝对没问题! 第二,前四套题很老了,相对简单,属于鸡肋题,不做呢太浪费,但也没必要花太多时间在这前四套上,所以就这样弄。听我的,没错!
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁}

我要回帖

更多关于 托福听力真题 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信