Section Ⅲ
Section Ⅳ
Applied Writing
Section Ⅴ
Reading Practice
Section Ⅵ
Cultural Tips Section Ⅰ
Listening and Speaking Campus Tune In
Task 1 Directions: You’ll hear one word read from each group. Underline the letter beside the word you hear.
Task 2 Directions: Listen to the dialogue twice and fill in the blanks with the missing words then have a role-play with your partner.
freshman/ 'fre?m?n/ n. (中学或大学的)一年级学生 awesome / '?:s?m /a. 棒极了
Listen On Task 1
Warming Up — Patterns Learning
What’s your major? 2.
What do you major in?
What do you specialize in? 3.
What subjects are you going to take at the university? 4.
What is your favorite course in the college? 5.
I major in Computer Science. 6.
How long does this course last? 7.
What are you going to do after your graduation? 8.
I’d like to do some work related to computer.
Task 2 Directions: Listen to the conversations twice and answer the questions.
Task 3 Directions: Listen to the dialogue twice and choose the best answer to the following questions.
Key Words relate / ri'leit/
vt. & vi. 联系;(把……)联系起来;使有联系 application/?pli'kei??n/
n. 申请;请求;申请表;申请书 interview/' int?vju:/
n. 面谈;(对求职者等的)面试;谋职面试 design/ di'zain/
vt. & vi. ?设计;绘制
Task 4 Directions: Listen to a short passage and fill in the blanks with the missing words.
Key Words enroll / in'r?ul/ vi. 入学;注册 relish /'reli?/ vt.享受;从……获得乐趣;喜欢
considerable/ k?n'sid?r?bl/ adj. 相当大(或多)的 disposal /dis'p?uz?l/ n. 处理;处置 abundant / ?'b?nd?nt/ adj. 大量的;充足的 instruct / in'str?kt/ vt. ?教;指导
Speak Out Task 1
Role-play Directions: Create a dialogue with a partner for the following situation. Role-play the dialogues in front of the next class.
Role-play Directions: Read the following passage aloud, and then retell it in the class.
Leaving high school and entering college is a big?adjustment for students to
正在加载中,请稍后...clock in 打卡 Don’t forget to clock in, otherwise you won’t get paid. 别忘了打卡,否则领不到钱。  come on to 对...轻薄;吃豆腐 Tanya slapped Bill after he came on to her. Tanya在Bill对她轻薄之后打了他一巴掌。  come easily 易如反掌 Languages come easily to some people. 语言学习对有些人来说易如反掌。  don’t have a cow 别大惊小怪 Don’t have a cow! I’ll pay for the damages. 别大惊小怪的!我会赔偿损失的。   push around 欺骗 Don’t try to push me around! 别想耍我!  keep one’s shirt on 保持冷静 Keep your shirt on. He didn’t mean to offend you. That’s just the way he talks. 保持冷静。那只是他说话的惯常方式,他并非有意要冒犯你。  cool it 冷静一点 Cool it. You are making me mad. 冷静一点。你快把我逼疯了。   joy ride 兜风 Let’s go for a joy ride. 让我们去兜兜风。  rap 说唱乐 Do you like rap music? I have trouble understanding the words. 你喜欢说唱音乐吗?我听不太懂其中的歌词。  red-letter day 大日子 This is a red-letter day for Susan. She made her first sale to a very important client. 今天是susan的大日子。她和一个非常重要的客户做成了第一笔生意。  go up in smoke 成为泡影Peter’s vacation plans went up in smoke when a crisis arose in the office. 办公室出了问题,peter的假期泡汤了。   hit the road 上路 We should probably hit the road. It’s going to take us two hours to get home. 我们可能该上路了吧?到家的两个小时呢!  shape up 表现良好,乖You’d better shape up if you want to stay on. 如果你还想留下来的话最好乖一点儿。  scare the [脏话,已过滤] out of someone 吓死某人了 Don’t sneak up behind me like that. You scared the [脏话,已过滤] out of me. 不要那样从后面突然吓我。你吓死我了。    pull strings 运用关系(源于“拉木偶的线”) He pulled some strings and managed to get us front row seats for the concert. 他运用关系替我们拿到音乐会前排的位子。  come again 再说一遍 Come again? I didn’t quite understand what you said. 再说一遍好吗?你刚说的话我不明白。   come clean 全盘托出,招供 The criminal decided to come clean. 罪犯决定供出事实。  spring for 请客 Let me spring for dinner. 我来请客吃饭吧。  spill the beans 泄漏秘密 Don’t spill the beans. It’s supposed to be a secret. 别说漏了嘴,这可是个秘密哦!  stick in the mud 保守的人 Cathy is such a stick in the mud. She never wants to try anything new. Cathy真保守,她从不想尝试新事物。  john 厕所 I have to go to the john. Wait for me in the car. 我要去厕所。在车里等我一下。   keep in line 管束 He needs to be kept in line. He’s too wild. 他太野了,要好好管束一下。  jump the gun 草率行事 Don’t jump the gun. We have to be patient for a while. 不要草率行事。我们应该耐心等一会儿。  jump to conclusion 妄下结论 Don’t jump to conclusion. We have to figure it out first. 不要妄下结论,先把事情搞清楚。  lemon 次 This car is a real lemon. It has broken down four times.这辆车真次,已经坏了四次了!  fishy 可疑的 His story sounds fishy. We should see if it’s really true. 他的故事听起来可疑。我们应该看看到底是不是真的。   flip out 乐死了 Chris flipped out when I told him that we won the game. 我告诉克里斯我们赢了比赛时,他乐歪了。  fix someone up 撮合某人 I think Xixi and Macaulay would make a perfect couple. Let’s fix them up. (Haha,just kidding 我想习习和 macaulay 会是理想的一对,我们来撮合他们吧。(呵,开个玩笑,习习和macaulay不会生气吧?:)  take a shine to 有好感 He really likes you. There are very few people he takes a shine to right away. 他真的喜欢你。他很少对人一见面就有好感的。  third wheel 累赘,电灯泡 You two go on ahead. I don’t want to be a third wheel. 你们两个去好了,我不想当电灯泡。   ripoff 骗人的东西 What a ripoff! The new car I bought doesn’t work! 真是个骗人货!我买的新车启动不了!  rock the boat 找麻烦 Don’t rock the boat! Things are fine just the way they are. 别找麻烦了,事情这样就够好了。  blow it 搞砸了,弄坏了 I blew it on that last exam. 我上次考试靠砸了。  in hot water 有麻烦 He is in hot water with his girlfriend recently. 近段时间他跟女友的关系有点僵。  put one’s foot in one’s mouth 祸从口出 Wally is always saying such stupid thing. He has a real talent for putting his foot in his mouth. 沃力尽说这种蠢话。他真有惹是生非的本事。    flop (表演、电影等)不卖座,失败 The movie was a flop. Nobody went to see it.这部电影卖座率奇低,没有人去看。   drop in/by/over 随时造访 Feel free to drop in anytime. I’m usually home and I’d love the company. 欢迎随时来坐坐。我通常在家,也喜欢游人做伴。   drop a line 写信 Drop me a line! 给我写信!  duck 躲闪,突然低下头 Remind little Bobby to duck his head when he crawls under the table so he won’t hit his head. 提醒小波比爬到桌下时要低头才不会受伤。  go with the flow 随从大家的意见 Sharon is an easy-going person. She just goes with the flow. 沙伦是个随和的人。人家怎么说,她就怎么做。   act up 胡闹,出毛病 The children started to act up as soon as the teacher left the room. 老师一离开教室,孩子们就闹起来了。  ad lib 即兴而作,随口编 The comedian ad libbed most of his routine. 那个喜剧演员大多是即兴表演。  blah-blah-blah 说个不停 All she does is go “blah-blah-blah“ all night. 她整夜说个不停。  hit it off 投缘,一见如故 They hit it off instantly and have been good friends ever since. 他们一见面就很投缘,从此成了好朋友。  zit 青春痘 Why is it that every time I have a hot date, I break out with a big zit on my face? 为什么每次我有重要约会时,脸上都会冒出一个很大的青春痘呢?   put someone on the spot 让某人为难 Don’t put me on the spot like this. You know I can’t give you confidential information. 别这样让我为难,你知道我不能给你机密资料的。  racket 非法行业,挂羊头卖狗肉 The police are determined to break up the racket. 警方决定打击这个非法行业。  have it good 享受得很 She really has it good. Everybody caters to her every need. 她真是享受得很,大家都依着他。  don’t knock it 不要太挑剔 Dt knock it! You won’t be able to find another job that pays so well. 别挑剔了!你未必可以找到另外一个待遇这么好的工作!  pig out 狼吞虎咽 We pigged out on potato chips and cookies until our bellies ached. 我们大吃薯条和曲奇,吃到肚子撑到痛为止。  down in the dumps 垂头丧气 The players were down in the dumps after their team lost the championship game. 球员输掉决赛哪一场后个个垂头丧气。  horse around 嬉闹 We’ve horsed around long enough. It’s time to get to work. 我们闹够了,该去工作了。  pass something up 放弃某事物 You can’t pass up this job. This kind of opportunity comes only once in a lifetime. 你不可错过这个工作。这种机会一辈子才有一次。  go whole hog 全力以赴 She went whole hog in planning he New Year’s Eve party. 她全心全力筹办新年晚会。  shoo-in 长胜将军 There’s no way he can lose. He’s a shoo-in. 他不会输的,他是位长胜将军。   get the ball rolling开始 Let’s get the ball rolling. 让我们开始吧。  get on the ball 用心做 If you hope to keep your job, you’d better get on the ball and meet the deadline. 如果你还想要你的那份工作,你最好用心做,赶上最后期限!  lady-killer 帅哥 He’s a real lady-killer. 他是个不折不扣的帅哥。  lay off 停止,解雇 Lay off! I don’t need you to tell me what to do! 别再讲了!我不需要你告诉我怎么去做!  knock it off=cut it off 停止 Knock it off! I’m trying to get some sleep. 别吵了!我正想睡觉呢!  have a passion for 钟爱I have a passion for blue dresses. 我钟爱蓝色的衣服。  pep talk 打气,鼓励的话The coach gave his team a pep talk at half time, hoping to lead them to victory.教练在半场时候给球员们打起,希望将他们引上胜利之途。  pick someone’s brains 请教某人I don’t understand any of this medical terminology. Do you mind if I pick your brains since you’re so knowledgeable in this area? 我对医学术语一无所知。你在这方面如此在行,我能不能请教你一下?  pass out 醉倒了He passed out after three beers. 喝了三杯啤酒后他就醉倒了。  way back 好久以前We’ve been friends since way back. 我们老早就是好朋友了。  hit someone with a problem 让某人面对问题I’m sorry to hit you with this problem. I don’t know who else to turn to. 很抱歉把这个问题抛给你,我不知道还可以找谁求助。  have it bad for 狂恋He really has it bad for her, but she has no ideas.他狂恋着她,而她却不知道。  hung over 宿醉未醒Don’t disturb him. He’s still hung over from last night.别吵醒他,他宿醉仍未醒。  has-been 过时的人或物Lisa is a has-been. No one will hire her any more. 丽莎已经过时了。没人会再雇佣她。  have a bone to pick with 有账要算I have a bone to pick with you. You still owe me the fifteen dollars you borrowed. 我有账跟你算。你向我借的十五美金还没还呢  sheep(n.羊, 绵羊, 羞答答的人, 胆小鬼, 信徒。)一词在英语里常有一种“受害者”、“软弱之辈”、“没有抗拒能力的人”的意思,从下面这些习语和谚语中我们就能感觉出: a wolf in sheep's clothing 披着羊皮的狼, 口蜜腹剑的人a black sheep 害群之马; 拒绝参加罢工的工人a lost sheep 迷途羔羊, 迷失正道的人a sheep among wolves 落入狼群; 落在一群恶汉手中的善良人as a sheep among the shearers  仿佛落在剪羊毛工人手里的绵羊count sheep 数羊(心里计数以求入睡)follow like a sheep  盲从return to one's sheep [muttons] 回到本题separate the sheep from the goats 区别好人和坏人sheep and goats 善人与恶人 (来自《圣经》)sheep that have no shepherd 乌合之众 A lazy sheep thinks its wool heavy. 懒羊自觉羊毛重。As soon goes the young lamb's skin to the market as the old ewe's. 老羊皮上了市,小羊皮也跟着来。As well be hanged for a sheep as for a lamb. 偷大羊或偷小羊反正都得挨绞刑; 一不做二不休Carrion crows bewail the dead sheep and then eat them. 乌鸦吃死羊,先要哭一场;猫哭老鼠假慈悲。Every time the sheep bleats it loses a mouthful. 羊每叫一次,就少吃一口。If one sheep leap over the dyke, all rest will follow. 一羊跳过沟,众羊跟着跳。If the beard were all,the goat might preach. 如果长胡就好,山羊也可讲道。It is a foolish sheep that makes the wolf his confessor. 蠢羊才向狼忏悔。Make sheep’s eyes at somebody 愚笨地向某人献殷勤One butcher does not fear many sheep. 屠夫不怕羊多。One scabbed sheep infects the whole flock. 一只羊生癣,群羊受害。The dust raised by the sheep does not choke the wolf. 羊踩起的灰尘挡不住狼。The life of the wolf is the death of the lamb. 有活的狼就有死的羔羊。There is a black sheep in every flock. 到处都有害群之马。(摘自《新东方英语》第15辑)鹬蚌相争,渔翁得利: two dogs fight for a bone, and a third runs away with it.玉不琢,不成器: C: A piece of jade unless cut forms no article of vertu. / E: An uncut gem goes not sparkle. / The finest diamond must be cut. / Unpolished pearls never shine.十年树木,百年树人: C: It takes ten years to grow a tree and a hundred years to bring up a generation of good men. / E: It takes three generations to make a gentleman.学无止境: C: knowledge is infinite / E: progress sometimes uses a comma, but never a full stop.此地无银三百两: never try to prove what nobody doubts.严师出高徒: C: Good pupils are to be brought up by strict teachers. / E: It is the bridle and spur that makes a good horse.得不偿失: give a lark to catch a kite.对症下药: a disease known is half the cure.君子之交淡如水: a hedge between keeps friendship green.化干戈为玉帛: bury the hatchet.家和万事兴: he is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home.江山易改,本性难移: the leopard cannot change its spots.留得青山在,不怕没柴烧: where there is life, there is hope.狡兔三窟: the mouse that has but one hole is quickly taken.举一反三: half a tale is enough for a wise man.当局者迷,旁观者清: outsiders see more than insiders. / standers-by see more than gamesters.世上无难事,只怕有心人: dogged does it.笨鸟先飞: C: a slow sparrow should make an early start. / E: a lame traveler should get out betimes.冷暖自知: every man is best known to himself.有情人终成眷属: every jack has jill.宁为玉碎不为瓦全: better death than dishonor.情人眼里出西施: if jack is in love, he is no judge of jill’s beauty.拳不离手,曲不离口: no day without a line.吃一堑,长一智: by falling we learn to go safely.塞翁失马: no great loss without some small gain.天无绝人之路: god tempers the wind to the shorn lamb.仁者见仁,智者见智: E: the donkey means one thing, and the driver another. / C: the benevolent see benevolence and the wise see wisdom. 师傅领进门,修行在个人: no man is his craft’s master the first day.o love and to be loved is the greatest happiness of existence.-----Sydney Smith 爱人和被人爱是人生最大的幸福。 -------悉尼。史密斯 All love is sweet, given or returned. Common as light is love, and its familiar voice wearies not ever.------Shelley 所有的爱都是甜蜜的,无论是给予还是回报。爱就像阳光一样无所不在,他那熟悉的嗓音永远不会消沉。 ----雪莱 A true friend is one soul in two bodies. -----Aristotle 真正的朋友是异体同心。 ----亚里士多德 Friendship with a man is friendship with his virtue. -----Mencius 友者也,友其德也。 -----孟子 Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. ------Publius Syrus 富贵交友易,患难显真情。 -----塞卤士 Publicity attracts friends, prosperity attaches friends, but adversity is the acid test of true friends.------Seneca 盛名招来朋友,成功来自朋友,而逆境乃真正友谊之试金石。 -----塞涅卡 There is no man that impart his joys to his friends, but
and no man that impart his griefs to his friends, but he grieve the less. ----Bacon 与朋友分享欢乐者,无不欢乐倍增;与朋友分享悲伤者,无不悲伤减半。 ----培根 The friendship between gentlemen appears indifferent bu the friendship between mean men is as sweet as wine. ----The book of rites 君子之交淡如水;小人之交甘若酒。 ----礼记 To find a friend one must close one eye--to keep him, two. ----Western Proverb 交朋友要睁一只眼闭一只眼----维持友谊则要闭上双眼。 -----西方谚语 H love release it. H love harmonizes it. H love illuminates it. -----Martin Luther King 恨使生活瘫痪无力,爱使他重获新生。恨使生活混乱不堪,爱是它变得和谐。恨使什么漆黑一团,爱使它光彩夺目。 --马丁。路德。金 In giving advice, seek to help, not to please, your friend. ----Solon 提出忠告应该在帮助朋友而非取悦于朋友。 ----梭伦 It's difficult to know at wha it is less difficult to know that it has begun. ---H.W.Longfellow 知道爱情开始是困难的,但知道爱情已经开始则不那么困难了。 ----H。W。朗费罗 If you'd be loved, be worthy to be loved. ----Ovid 要得到别人的爱,就必须要有值得爱的地方。 ---奥维德 Love is ever matter of comedies, and how and then of tragedies. ----Bacon 爱情常是喜剧,偶尔是悲剧。 ----培根 Love lives in cottages as well as in courts. ----George Herbert 爱在茅屋,亦在深宫。 ----乔治。赫伯特 Human nature is so constructed that it gives affection most readily to those who seem least to demand it.------Bertrand Russell 人的天性就是如此,他最乐意将爱给予那些似乎最不强求爱的人。 -----罗素 Love triumphs over everything. Love has no age, no limit and no death. ----John Galsworthy 爱情战胜一切。爱情没有寿命,没有极限,没有死亡。 ----约翰。高尔斯华 A man with few frinds is only half-there are whole sides of his nature which are lockes up and never been expressed.He cannot unlock them himself,he cannot even discover them.Friends alone can stimulate him and open him.------randolph bourne 朋友寥寥无几的人成长不全,他的本性中有不少被封闭和从未显露的层面;他自己无法开启,甚至不会发现,惟有友人才能激励他,启发他。-----伦道夫。伯恩 Sweetest joy ,the wildest woe is love.------philip bailey 爱情是最甜蜜的欢乐,最强烈的痛苦。-----菲利浦。贝利 There is hardly any activity,any enterprise ,which is started with such tremendous hopes and expectations,and yet which fails so regularly,as love.------erich fromm 几乎没有任何活动、任何事业如同爱情一般;开始时充满着无限的希望与期待;而结束时却毫不例外地落空。-----埃里克。弗洛姆 Man's love is of man's life a thing apart,'Tis woman's whole existence.------byron 爱情是男人生命中的一部分,却是女人生命的全部。------拜伦 Marriage is like life in this --that it is field of battle ,and not a bed of roses.------robert Stevenson 婚姻生活---乃战场而玫瑰花朵。-----罗伯特。史蒂文森 Men are April when they woo,Demaids are May when they are maids,but the sky changes when they are wives.------Shakespear 男人求婚时像四月天,婚后像十二月天;女人少女时像五月天,为人妻后就变天。-----莎士比亚 It is hard for the human soul not to love something ,and our mind must of necessity be drawn to some kind of affection.-----Jerome 要使人的灵魂不去爱是很难的,而我们的思想也有必要被某在种爱所吸引。------杰洛姆 Advice is like snow,the softer it falls,the longer it dwells upon ,and the deeper it sinks into,the mind.----Samuel Coleridge 忠告就像雪花,飘落得越轻柔,就越能持久,也越能深深地潜入人心。-----塞缪尔。柯尔雷基 If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances throufh life ,he will soon find himself aline .-----Samuel Johnson 如果一个人在一生中不结交新朋友,他很快就会发现自己很孤独。-----塞缪尔。约翰逊 None but the brave desrves the fair.------John Dryden 英雄配美人。-----约翰。德莱顿 One is easily fooled by that which one love. -----Moliere 人容易被所爱的人愚弄。 ----莫里衰 An immature person may achieve great success in a carreer but never in a marriage. -----Benjamin Spock 不成熟的人或许在事业上有很大的成就,在婚姻上则不然。 ----本杰明。史波克 The happiest women, like the happiest nations, have no history. -----George Eliot 最幸福的女人,像最幸福的民族一样,没有历史。 ----乔治。艾略特 When success comes in the door, it seems, love often goes out the window. -----Joyce Brothers 成功来到门前时,爱情往往就走出了窗外。 -----乔伊斯。卜洛泽 Treasure is not always a friend , but a friend is always a treasure. ----Bacon 财富不是永远的朋友,朋友才是永远的财富。 ------培根 Love should be a tree whose roots are deep in the earth, but whose branches extend into heaven. ---Bertrand Russell 爱情之树应该深深扎根在泥土中,而起枝条则要伸展与广阔的天空。 ------罗素 Loveliness, needs not the foreign aid of ornament, but is when unadorned, adorned the most. ---James Thompson 可爱,并不需要外来的装饰,天然的可爱远比雕饰的更可爱。 -----詹姆斯。汤普森 As selfishness and complaint cloud the mind, so love with its joy clears and sharpens the vision.------Helen Keller 自私和抱怨是心灵阴暗,愉悦的爱则使视野明朗开阔。 ----海仑。凯勒 You shall judge a man by his foes as well as by his friends. ----Joseph Conrad 你可以通过一个人的朋友,也可以通过一个人的敌人来判断的为人。 -----约瑟夫。康拉德 The spirit of rejection finds its support in theconscious the spirit of acceptance finds its base in the consciousness of unity. ------Tagore 拒人千里之外源于分裂的意识,对人宽容大度则源于统一和谐的意识。 ----泰戈尔 Be of love a little more careful than of anything. ----E.E.Cummings 对待爱情应该比对其它任何事都更谨慎。 ---E。E。康明斯 Wives are young men' companions for middle ages and old men's nurses. ----Bacon 妻子是年轻人的情妇;中年人的伴侣;老年人的看护。 ----培根 As the tree wants to remain quiet, thewind won't stop. As the son wants to serve his parents, they cannot wait. -----Han Inn 树欲静而风不止;子欲养而亲不待。 -----韩婴 Example is more efficatious than precept. ----Samuel Johnson 身教重于言教。 ----塞缪尔。约翰逊 Home is where the heart is. -----Pliny 家者,心之所系也。 ----普里尼 When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called for by the memory of hours when we loved not enough.-----Maurice Maeterlinck 当失去心爱的人时,我们抛洒悲苦的眼泪,那是因为我们想起了过去没有好好的深爱他们。 ----莫里斯。梅特林克 Rotten wood
a wall of dirty earth is not worth whitewashing. ----Confucius 朽木不可雕也。粪土之墙,不可污也。 ----孔子 The dutiful sons of nowadays are considered those who can feed their parents. Even dogs and horses are fed. without reverence, what is the difference? ----Confucius 今之孝者,是谓能养。至于犬马,皆能有养。不敬,何以别乎? ----孔子 That which one cannot experience in daily life is not true for oneself. ----Lawrence 日常生活中经历不到的事,对人们来说是不真实的。 ---劳伦斯 While his parents are alive, the son may not go abroad to a distance. If he does go abroad, he must have a fixed place to which he goes. -----Confucius 父母在,不远游,游必有方。 ---孔子 Be slow
slower in changing. -----Benjamin Franklin 选择朋友要慎重,改换朋友更要慎重。 -----本杰明。富兰克林 The language of friendship is not words but meanings. -----H.D.Thoreau 友谊的语言不是词语,而是意义。 ----梭罗 Let the dead have the immortality of fame, but the living the immortality of love. ----Tagore 让逝者拥有不朽的荣誉,让生者拥有不朽的爱情。 -----泰戈尔 New love is brightest, and l but revived love is the tenderest thing known upon earth. -----Thomas Hardy 新生的爱情殉丽多彩,长久的爱情崇高伟大;但复苏的爱情则是世界上最温柔的事情。 -----托马斯。哈代 One cannot be strong without love. For love is not a it is the blood of life, the power of reunion of the separated. -----Paul Tillich 没有爱,人无法坚强,因为爱不是一种无足轻重的情感;它是生命的血液,是分离者重新团聚的力量。 ---保罗。蒂里希 Our hour in absence crutches. -----Colley Cibber 爱情的时光长出了翅膀;离别时,它们是我们的精神支柱。 ----科雷。西柏 We choose our friends by instinct, but we keep them by judgement. ----Alfred Capus 我们选择朋友靠的是本能,而保持友谊靠的是判断。 ----阿尔拂雷德。卡普斯 A man dies often as he loses a friend. But we gain new life by new contacts, new friends. -----Bacon 一个人每逢失去一个朋友就等于经历一次死亡。但是取得新联系,结识新朋友却又使我们获得了新的生命。 ----培根 True love's the gift which God has given to man alone beneath the heaven. ----Sir Walter Scott 真爱是上帝单独赐予普天下芸芸众生的礼物。 -----沃尔特。司各特 And when love speaks, the voice of all the gods makes heaven drowsy with the harmony. ----Shakespeare 当爱说话时,众神的声音是苍天沉浸在和谐的静寂中。 ----莎士比亚 Love is an endless mystery, fot it has nothing else to explain it. -----Tagore 爱是一个无穷无尽的迷,因为没有任何其他东西能够解释它。 ----泰戈尔 Among those whom I like, i can find no common denominator, but among those whom i love, i can: all of them make me laugh. ----W.H.Auden 我无法在我所喜欢的人中间找到共同的特征,但我能在我所爱的人中间找到它:他们都会是我欢笑。 ---W。H。奥登 There's noting half so sweet in life as love's young dream. -----Thomas Moore 生命中没有任何东西能像进入充满活力的爱之梦那样甜美。 ----托马斯。莫尔 Love is the joy of the good, the wonder of the wise, the a desired by those who have no part in him , and precious to those who have the better part in him. ---Plato 爱是美好带来的欢欣,智慧创造的奇观,神仙赋予的惊奇。缺乏爱的人渴望得到它,拥有爱的人又万般珍惜它。 ---柏拉图 There is no paradise on earth equal to the union of love and innocence. ---Rousseau 人世间最大的幸福莫过于既有爱情又爱的纯洁无暇。 ---卢梭 The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. -----Bertrand Russell 美好的生活是一种由爱激励和由知识指导的生活。 ----罗素 A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your successes. ----Doug Larson 真正的朋友从不追究你的过错,也不嫉妒你的成功。 ----道格。拉森 The best proof of love is trust. ----Joyce Brothers 爱的最好的证明就是信任。 -----乔治斯。布格泽斯 Love is an active power in man, a power which breaks through the walls which separate man from his fellow men which un love makes him overcome the sense of isolation and separateness, yet it permits to be himself, to retain his integrity. ----Erich Fromm 爱是活跃于人心中的一种力量,它冲破人与人之间的隔阂,是我们紧紧相连;它使我们战胜孤独无助,但仍使我们保持自我个性的独立完整。 ----埃里克。拂洛姆 Love, friendship, respect, do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something. ---chekhov 爱情,友谊和尊敬都不如对某事物的共同的恨那样能把人们团结起来。 -----契可夫 He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare, and he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere.-----R.W.Emerson 有千百个朋友也不够多,只有一个敌人却到处可见。 -----R。W。爱默生 A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else. J. Burroughs. Averican naturalist  &一个人可以失败多次,但是只要他没有开始责怪旁人,他还不是一个失败者。 美国博物学家& 巴勒斯. J.  & All of us bear witness to the dissolution of our piece of creation. Only the novelist can restore to us, in the miracle of ink that pours itself like blood onto paper, the lineaments of our lost worlds, alive. Norma Rosen, American novelist &  我们都眼见自己创造物的变化消亡,唯有小说家能凭借墨水拥有像血一样息行流注纸上的奇迹,为我们恢复失去的世界,使它的面貌活灵活现。 美国小说家&& 罗森. N.& & All that you do, things done by halves are never done right. R. H. Stoddard, American poet  &做一切事都应尽力而为,半途而废永远不行。 美国诗人&& 斯大林& 拖达德. R. H . & Between the annihilating fierceness of personal ambition and those who clutter its path, there is only one possible mediator, and that is love. Norma Rosen, American novelist  &能使凶险的个人野心湮灭和塞满实现野心的人流之间,只有一样是可能的调节剂,那就是“爱”。 美国小说家& 罗森. N. & Creativity is no more teachable than heritable, No more than the most detail-perfect doll can transubstatiate into a& living, breathing baby. Norma Rosen, American novelist  &创造能力既不是遗传的,也不是教得会的。正如再怎样完美制作的洋娃娃,也不能够变成一个会呼吸的活的婴儿。 美国小说家& 罗森. N. & Dare and the world always yields. lf it beats you sometimes, dare it again and again and it will succumb. W. M . Thackeray. British novelist  &大胆挑战,世界总会让步。如果有时候你被它打败了,不断地挑战,它总会屈服的。 英国小说家& 萨克雷. W. M. & Few things are impo and it is often for want of will, rather than of means, that man fails to succeed. La Rocheforcauld, French writer  &事情很少有根本做不成的;其所以做不成,与其说是条件不够,不如说是由于决心不够。 法国作家 罗切福考尔德,L. & Genius only means& hard-working all one's life. Mendeleyev, Russian chemist &天才只意味着终身不懈地努力。 俄国化学家& 门捷列耶夫 & Great works are performed not by strengh, but by perseverance. Samuel Johnson, British writer and critic  &完成伟大的事业不在于体力,而在于坚韧不拔的毅力。 英国作家和评论家& 约翰逊. S. & I& have nothing to offer but blood, boil, tears and sweat. Winston Churchill, British politician & 我能奉献的没有其它,只有热血、辛劳、眼泪与汗水。 英国政治家& 丘吉尔.W.& If you have great talents, indust if you have but moderate abilities, industry will supply their deficiency. Joshuas Reynolds, American female essayist &如果你很有天赋,勤勉会使其更加完善;如果你能力一般,勤勉会补足其缺陷。 美国女散文家& 雷诺兹. J. & It is easier to fight for principles than to live up to them. Adlai Stevenson, British writer &为原则而斗争比实践该原则要容易。 英国作家&& 史蒂文森. A. & It is Enterprise which builds and improves the world's possessions. Thrift may be the handmaid and nurse of Enterprise. But equally she may not. For the engine which drives Enteprise is not Thrift, but Profit. John Maynard Keynes, British economist &进取精神建造了和增加了世界上的财富。节俭可以是进取精神的仆人的护理人,同样地也可以不是。因为进取精神的动力不是节俭,而是利润。 英国经济学家& 凯恩斯.J. M. & It never will rain roses. When we want to have more roses we must plant trees. G. Eliot, Btitish novelist &天上不会掉下玫瑰来,如果想要更多的玫瑰,必须自己种植。 英国小说家& 艾略特. G. & Jovons saw the kettle boil and cried out with the deligh Marshal too had seen the kettle boil and sat down silently to build an engine. John Maynard Keynes, British economist &杰文斯看见壶开了,高兴得像孩子似地叫了起来;马歇尔也看见壶开了,却悄悄地坐下来造了一部蒸气机。 英国经济学家&&& 凯恩斯. J. M. & Man errs so long as he strives. Johann Wolfgang Goethe, German poet and dramatist &杰文斯看见壶开了,高兴得像孩子似地叫了起来;马歇尔也看见壶开了,却悄悄地坐下来造了一部蒸气机。 英国经济学家 凯恩斯. J. M.& Man errs so long as he strives. Johann Wolfgang Goethe, German poet and dramatist 人只要奋斗就会犯错误。 德国诗人、剧作家 歌德.J M.& Miracles sometimes occur, but one has to work terribly for them. C. Weizmann. Irish president 奇迹有时候是会发生的,但是你得为之拼命的努力。 爱尔兰总统 魏茨曼.C.& My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what American will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man. John Kennedy, American president 美国同胞们,不要问国家能为你们做些什么,而要问你们能为国家做些什么。全世界的公民们,不要问美国将为你们做些什么,而要问我们共同能为人类的自由做些什么。 美国总统 肯尼迪.J.& Our destiny offers not the cup of despair, but the chalice of opportunity. Richard Nixon, American president 命运给予我们的不是失望之酒,而是机会之杯。 美国总统尼克松。R.& Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. Jean Jacques Rousseau,French thinker& 忍耐是痛苦的,但它的果实是甜蜜的。 法国思想家卢梭.J.J& Progress is the activity of today and the assurance of tomorrow. Emerson, American thinker 进步是今天的活动、明天的保证。 美国思想家 爱默生& Should the diver parse, from the ravening monster's jaw he'd never hold the precious pearl, the bright pearl, in his grasp. Jaber, Kuwait king 采珠人如果被海中张牙舞爪的怪物吓住,他就得不到宝贵的闪闪发亮的珍珠。 科威特国王贾比尔& The world can be changed by man's endeavor, and that this endeavor can lead to something new and better. No man can sever the bonds that unite him to his society simply by averting his eyes. He must ever be receptive and
and have sufficient courage and skill to face novel facts and to deal with them. Franklin Roosevelt, American president 人经过努力改变世界,这种努力可以使人类达到新的、更美好的境界。没有人仅凭闭目、不看社会现实就能割断自己与社会的联系。他必须敏感,随时准备接受新鲜事物;他必须有勇气与能力去面对新的事实,解决新问题。 美国总统罗斯福,F.& There is no royal road to science,and only those who do not dread the fatiguing climb of its steep paths have a chance of gaining its luminous summits.& Karl Marx, German revolutionary 在科学上没有平坦的大道,只有不畏劳苦沿着其崎岖之路攀登的人,才有希望达到它光辉的顶点。 德国革命家马克恩.K.& The man who has made up his mind to win will never say &impossible&. Bonapart Naploeon, French emperor 凡是决心取得胜利的人是从来不说“不可能的”。 法国皇帝拿破仑.B.& To do whatever needs to be done to preserve this last and greatest basin of freedom. Ronald Reagan, American president 为了保住这最后的、最伟大的自由堡垒,我们必须尽我们所能。 美国总统里根.R.& To strive, to seek ,to find and not to yield. Alfred Tennyson, British poet 要奋斗,要探索,要有所发现,而不要屈服。 英国诗人丁尼生,A.& We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future. Franklin Roosevelt, American president 我们不能总是为我们的青年造就美好未来,但我们能够为未来造就我们的青年一代。 美国总统罗斯福,F.& We cannot wait fo we must take them from her-- that is our task. Ivan V.Michurin, Russian agronomist 我们不能等待大自然的恩赐,我们必须向她索取——这就是我们的任务。 俄国家艺学家米丘林I.V& When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Seebohm CAaroline, British writer 艰难之路,唯勇者行。 英国作家卡罗琳,S.& Where there is a will, there is a way. Thomas Edison, American inventor 有志者,事竟成。 美国发明家爱迪生.T.& Where there is no hope, there can be no endeavor. Sanuel Johnson, British writer and critic 哪里没有希望,哪里就不可能有努力。 英语作家、评论家约翰逊.S& You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do. Henry Ford, American businessman& 你不能靠你声称将要去做的事情来建立声誉。 美国实业家福特.H.& You never know what you can do till you try. Frederick Marryat, British novelist 除非你亲自尝试一下,否则你永远不知道你能够做什么。 英国小说家马里亚特。F& &文章 语法 词汇 常用 阅读 口语 四级 考研 翻译 银行 VOA 听故事 语法教程 习惯用语教程 导航 单词 高考 自考 听力 写作 六级 句型 美语 生活 旅游 背单词 口语教程 中级英语教程&雅思听力 | 雅思写作 | 雅思口语 | 雅思阅读 | 雅思资料 | 雅思论坛 | 路途网文 | 社区下载 | 路币下载 | 我要翻译 | 电视-电台 & && 收藏本站& 广告业务 &首页 | 有声英语 | 实用英语 | 学习方法 | 趣味英语 | 英语短语 | 中英对照 | 英语语法 | 听歌学英语 | 路途社区 | 语音聊天&&留学 英国 美国 法国 日本 德国 新加坡 俄罗斯 新西兰 加拿大 澳大利亚 更多留学 出国证照 留学论坛区 & 您的位置:路途生涯学习网 & 文章总览 & 英语信息 & 中英对照 & 正文 &爱情篇 love (中英对照) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------&04-13-:46 作者:wo0 阅读 1480 次 && 文章搜索 &所有专题雅思听力有声英语雅思阅读雅思口语雅思写作趣味英语学习方法实用英语雅思资料英语语法英语短语中英对照英国留学加国留学纽国留学澳洲留学美国留学德国留学法国留学日本留学俄国留学狮城留学中文网文听歌学英语英文网文& &&&&&& &&&jiddu Krishnamurti, lndia-born religious philosop A& man who does not know what passion is will never know&& love because love can come into being only when there is total self aban -donment . &一个不懂得徼情的人永远不会懂得爱,因为只有在完全无我的时候,才有达到爱的境界。印度出生的宗教哲学家&&& 克里希纳穆尔.J.  & Absence to love is what wind is to fire .lt ex it inflames the great.Roger de Bussy-Rabutin, French writer &离别之于爱情好比风之于火,它能将小火熄灭,使大火熊熊燃烧。法国作家&&& 比西-拉比旦.R. & Every man is a poet when he is in love Plato. ancient Creek philosopher   &每个恋爱中的人都是诗人。古希腊哲学家&&& 柏拉图& & First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity. George Bernard Shaw  &初恋就是一点点笨拙外加许许多多好奇。英国剧作家 肖伯纳.G  & Friendship is like earthenware: once broken, love is like a mirror: once broken, that ends it.& Josh Billings. American humorist  &友谊就像陶器,破了可以修补;爱情好比镜子,一旦打破就难重圆。美国幽默作家& 比林斯.& .J  & Friendship is love without his wings.George Gordon Byron, Bdritish poet  &友谊是没有羽翼的爱。英国诗人&& 拜伦.G,G  & Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.Albert Einstein, American scientist &并非地球引力使人坠入爱河。美国科学家& & The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. Burke Edmund, British statesman &权力越大,滥用职权的危险就越大。 英国政治家 埃德蒙.B. & The greatest of evils and the worst of crims is poverty. George Bernard Shaw, British dramatist &最大的恶和最凶的罪是贫穷。 英国剧作家 肖伯纳.G. & The paramount duty of Congress is to stop deficiencies by the restoration of that protective legislation which has always been the firmst prop of the Treasury. William Mckinley, American president 国会的最高职责是恢复始终是国家财政最坚实支柱的保护性立法,以制止财政赤字。 美国总统 科金利.W.& The people may safely be trusted to hear everything true and false, and to form a correct judgment,Were it fall to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers of newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. Thomas Jefferson, American president 人民是完全可以信赖的,应该让他们听到一切真实和虚伪的东西,然后作出正确的判断。倘使让我来决定,我们应该是有一个政府而不要报纸呢,还是应该有报纸而不要政府,我会毫不犹豫选择后者。 美国总统 杰斐逊.T.& The tyrant dies and his rule ends, the martyr dies and his rule be-gins. Soren Kierkegaard, Danish religious philowopher 暴君死了,他统治也就结束;烈士死了,他的统治刚开始。 丹麦宗教哲学家 基尔克戈德.S. & There is something behind the throne greater than the king him-self. William Pitt, British statesman &在王座的后面还有比国王本人更伟大东西。 英国政治家 皮特.W. & To be acquainted with the merit of ministry, we need only observe the condition of the people. Junius, Unidentified letter writer 要了解政府的政绩只需要观察民情。 国籍不明书信代理人 朱尼厄斯& To know the pains of power, we must go
to know its pleasure, we must go to those who are seeking it :the pains of power is real, its pleasures imaginary. C.Colton Charles, British churchman 欲知权力带来的痛苦,去问那些当权者;欲知权力带来的乐趣,去问那些追逐权势者:权力带来的痛苦是真实的,而权力带来的乐趣只不过是凭空想象的。 英国牧师 查尔斯.C.C.& Too fond of the right to pursue the expedient. Oliver Goldsimith, British poet 过分喜欢权力就会不择手段。 英国诗人 哥尔德斯密斯.O.& We need in politics man who have something to give, not men who have something to get. Bernard Baruch, Averican economist 在政治中我们需要能有所奉献的人,而不是想有所收获的人。 美国经济学家 巴鲁克.B.& When a man assumes a public trust, he should consider himself as public property. Thomas Jefferson, American President 当一个人受到公众信任时,他就应该把自己看作公众的财产。 美国总统 杰斐逊.T.& When society requires to be rebuilt, there is no use attempting to rebuild it on the old plan. John Stuart Mill, BAritish economist 当社会需要重建时,试图墨守旧的蓝图重建它是徒劳无益的。 英国经济学家 穆勒.J.S.& 来源:寄托天下  玉不琢,不成器: C: A piece of jade unless cut forms no article of vertu. /  E: An uncut gem goes not sparkle. / The finest diamond must be cut. /Unpolished pearls never shine.  十年树木,百年树人: C: It takes ten years to grow a tree and a hundred  years to bring up a generation of good men. / E: It takes three  generations to make a gentleman.  学无止境: C: knowledge is infinite / E: progress sometimes uses a comma,  but never a full stop.  此地无银三百两: never try to prove what nobody doubts.  严师出高徒: C: Good pupils are to be brought up by strict teachers. / E: It  is the bridle and spur that makes a good horse.  得不偿失: give a lark to catch a kite.  对症下药: a disease known is half the cure.  君子之交淡如水: a hedge between keeps friendship green.  化干戈为玉帛: bury the hatchet.  家和万事兴: he is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his  home.  江山易改,本性难移: the leopard cannot change its spots.  留得青山在,不怕没柴烧: where there is life, there is hope.  狡兔三窟: the mouse that has but one hole is quickly taken.  举一反三: half a tale is enough for a wise man.  当局者迷,旁观者清: outsiders see more than insiders. / standers-by see  more than gamesters.  世上无难事,只怕有心人: dogged does it.  笨鸟先飞: C: a slow sparrow should make an early start. / E: a lame  traveler should get out betimes.  冷暖自知: every man is best known to himself.  有情人终成眷属: every jack has jill.  宁为玉碎不为瓦全: better death than dishonor.  情人眼里出西施: if jack is in love, he is no judge of jill’s beauty.  拳不离手,曲不离口: no day without a line.  吃一堑,长一智: by falling we learn to go safely.  塞翁失马: no great loss without some small gain.  天无绝人之路: god tempers the wind to the shorn lamb.  仁者见仁,智者见智: E: the donkey means one thing, and the driver  another. / C: the benevolent see benevolence and the wise see wisdom.  师傅领进门,修行在个人: no man is his craft’s master the first day.来源:英语麦当劳  acrobatic gymnastics---技巧运动  athletics/track & field---田径  beach---海滩  boat race---赛艇  bobsleigh, bobsled---雪橇  boxing---拳击  canoe slalom---激流划船  canoe---赛艇  chess---象棋  cricket---板球  cycling---自行车  diving---跳水  downhill race---速降滑雪赛,滑降  dragon-boat racing---赛龙船  dressage---盛装舞步  equestrian---骑马  fencing---击剑  figure skating---花样滑冰  football(英语)/soccer(美语)---足球  freestyle----自由式   sailplaning---滑翔运动  golf----高尔夫球  Greece-Roman wrestling----古典式摔跤  gymnastic apparatus----体操器械  gymnastics----体操  handball-----手球  hockey----曲棍球  hold, lock-----揪钮  horizontal bar-----单杠   hurdle race----跨栏比赛  huttlecock kicking---踢毽子  ice skating---滑冰  indoor---室内  item Archery---箭术  judo---柔道  jumping----障碍  kayak----皮划艇  mat exercises---垫上运动  modern pentathlon---现代五项运动  mountain bike---山地车  parallel bars---双杠  polo---马球  relative work---造型跳伞   relay---接力  rings----吊环  roller skating----滑旱冰  rowing-----划船  rugby---橄榄球  sailing--帆船  shooting---射击  side horse, pommelled horse---鞍马  ski jump---跳高滑雪  ski jumping competition---跳高滑雪比赛  ski---滑雪板  skiing---滑雪  slalom---障碍滑雪  softball---垒球  surfing---冲浪  swimming----游泳  table tennis---乒乓球  taekwondo---跆拳道  tennis----网球  toxophily---射箭  track---赛道  trampoline---蹦床  trapeze---秋千  triathlon---铁人三项  tug-of-war---拔河  volleyball---排球  badminton---羽毛球  baseball---棒球  basketball---篮球   walking race---竞走  wall bars---肋木  water polo----水球  weightlifting ---举重  weights ---重量级  winter sports -----冬季运动  wrestling --- 摔交  yacht --- 游艇  Men's 10m Platform 男子10米跳台   Women's Taekwondo Over 67kg 女子67公斤级以上跆拳道   Women's Athletics 20km Walk 女子20公里竟走   Men's Diving Synchronized 3m Springboard 男子3米跳板   Women's Diving 3m Springboard 女子3米跳板   Women's Diving Synchronized 10m Platform 女子10米跳台   Men's Wrestling Greco-Roman 58kg 男子58公斤古典摔交   Men's Diving 3m Springboard 男子3米跳板   Men's Artistic Gymnastics Parallel Bars 竞技体操男子双杠   Women's Artistic Gymnastics Beam 竞技体操女子自由体操   Men's Table Tennis Singles 男子乒乓单打   Women's Diving 10m Platform 女子10米跳台   Women's Artistic Gymnastics Uneven Bars 竞技体操女子跳马   Women's Table Tennis Singles 女子乒乓单打   Men's Badminton Singles 男子羽毛球单打   Women's Badminton Doubles 女子羽毛球双打   Men's Diving Synchronized 10m Platform 跳水男子10米跳台   Women's Diving Synchronized 3m Springboard 跳水女子3米跳板   Men's Table Tennis Doubles 男子乒乓球双打   Women's Badminton Singles 女子羽毛球单打   Men's Fencing Team Foil 击剑男子团体花剑   Women's Judo Heavyweight +78kg 柔道女子重量级78公斤   Men's Shooting 10m Running Target 射击男子10米移动靶   Women's Shooting 25m Pistol 射击女子25米运动手枪   Women's Table Tennis Doubles 女子乒乓球双打   Men's Weightlifting 77kg 举重男子77公斤级抓举    Women's Weightlifting 75+ kg 举重女子75公斤以上级抓举   Mixed Badminton Doubles 羽毛球男子双打   Women's Artistic Gymnastics All-Around Finals 竞技体操女子个人全能决赛   Women's Judo Half-Heavywt 78kg 女子次重量级78公斤级柔道   Men's Artistic Gymnastics All-Around Finals 竞技体操男子个人全能   Women's Fencing Team Epee 击剑女子团体重剑   Women's Artistic Gymnastics Team Finals 竞技体操女子团体    Women's Judo Half-Middlewt 63kg 女子次中量级63公斤级柔道   Women's Weightlifting 63kg 女子63公斤级挺举举重   Women's Weightlifting 69kg 女子69公斤级抓举举重   Men's Artistic Gymnastics Team Finals 男子团体竞技体操   Men's Shooting 10m Air Rifle 射击男子10米气步枪   Women's Shooting Trap 射击女子多向飞碟   Women's Weightlifting 53kg 举重女子53公斤级抓举   Women's Judo Half-Lightwt 52kg 女子次轻量级52公斤柔道   Women's Shooting 10m Air Pistol 女子10米汽枪   Women's Cycling Track 500m Time Trial 运动场自行车赛女子500米计时赛   Men's Shooting 10m Air Pistol 男子10米气手枪   Women's Shooting 10m Air Rifle 女子10米气步枪   Men's Weightlifting 56kg 男子56公斤级挺举  &爱屋及乌 Love me, love my dog.百闻不如一见 Seeing is believing.半斤八两 six of one and half a dozen of the other班门弄斧 teach one’s grandmother to suck eggs本末倒置 put the cart before the horse捕风捉影 catch at shadows不顾艰险,赴汤蹈火 go th go through fire and water不可外扬的家丑;隐情 a skeleton in the cupboard不浪费,不愁缺 Waste not, want not.不伦不类;非驴非马;古怪之人 be neither fish,flesh,nor good red herring不劳则无获 No pains, no gains. No gains without pains.不入虎穴,焉得虎子 Nothing venture,nothing have.吃一堑,长一智 A fall into the pit, a gain in your wit.出生牛犊不怕虎 A new-born calf makes little of a tiger.船到桥头自会直 You will cross the bridge when you get to it.打草惊蛇 beat the grass to alert/startle the snake大海捞针 look for a needle in a haystack打开天窗说亮话 put all cards on the table(他)得寸进尺 Give him an inch and he’ll take an ell.多此一举 carry coals to Newcastle洗心革面 turn over a new leaf放长线,钓大鱼 throw a long line to catch big fish改邪归正 mend one’s ways隔墙有耳 Walls have ears.本性难改 The leopard can’t change its spots.孤注一掷 put all one’s eggs in one basket光明正大 be fair and square过河拆桥 kick down the ladder上楼抽梯画蛇添足 paint the lily患难见真情A friend in need is a friend indeed.浑水摸鱼 fish in troubled waters火上加油
pour oil on the flame既往不咎 Let bygones be bygones.见风使舵 (to steer according to the wind)骄兵必败 Pride goes before a fall.捷足先登 The early bird catches/gets the worm.金窝银窝,不如自家草窝 East or west, home is the best.酒肉朋友 a fair weather friend不择手段 by hook or by crook来得容易,去得快 Easy come, easy go.乱七八糟 be at sixes and sevens旁观者清 The onlooker sees most of the game.破釜沉舟 burn one’s boat骑虎难下 hold a wolf by the ears巧妇难为无米之炊 One can’t make brick without straw.入乡随俗 When in Rome, do as the Romans do.山穷水尽 be at the end of one’s rope(tether)三思后行 Look before you leap.事难两全 You cannot eat your cake and have it食言 go back on one’s word水底捞月 fish in the air熟能生巧 Practice makes perfect.捡了芝麻,丢了西瓜 Penny wise, pound foolish胸有成竹 have a card up one’s sleeve雪中送炭 help a lame dog over a stile易如反掌 as easy as a turn of one’s wrist英雄识英雄 Like knows like.英雄所见略同 Great minds think alike.欲速不达 More haste, less speed.掌上明珠 the apple of one’s eyes直言不讳 call a spade a spade坐立不安 be/sit on pins and needles 来源:中青网酒瓶上往往有一些英文标记,表明酒的品质,不同的国家有不同的表示方法。  法国酒法规定:只有在夏郎德省(Charentes)及滨海夏郎德地区的少数地点,栽培几个特定的葡萄品种,利用壶式蒸馏锅,直火蒸馏所得的蒸馏液,贮存在橡木桶内,经过若干年陈酿老熟的蒸馏酒,才批准使用“可涅克”(Cognac)的商标。其它地区,既使用同样方法酿制成的蒸馏酒, 不能用“可涅克”名称。  如法国可涅克酒(白兰地酒)的酒瓶上,常常可看到以下标记:  Three Stars三星,贮藏4.5年以下.  V.S.O.P.  Very Superior Old Pale 非常优质的陈年浅色白兰地。至少贮藏 4.5年的白兰地,色较浅,  V.S.O. Very Special Old  V.V.S.O.  VeryVerySpecialOldPale  V.S.O.D. Very Superior Old Dark(酒盛在木桶中,吸收木桶溶解出来的丹宁成份,使酒从无色变为褐色,时间愈久,酒色愈深,故名.  Reserve 保留  Extra特级  X.OExtra Old陈年特级  CordonBlue 蓝饰带  V.S.E.P. Very Superior Extra Pale 说明这是&极高档的蒸馏酒&,常见于美国市场。  法国香槟酒含糖量的表示方法:  EXTRA-SEC含糖百分之一到百分之二  SEC 含糖百分之二到百分之五  DEMI-SEC含糖百分之四到百分之六  DOUX含糖百分之八到百分之十 来源:天涯虚拟社区新年-New Year’s Day   春节-Spring Festival  三八节-International Working Women’s Day  五一节-May Day  五四节-Chinese Youth Day  六一节-International Children’s Day  八一建军节-Army Day  中国共产党成立纪念日-Aniversary of the Founding of the Communist Party of China  国庆节-National Day    春联-Spring Festival Couplets  年画-New Year pictures  剪纸-paper-cuts  除夕-the New Year’s eve  守岁-stay up late on the New Year’s eve  放鞭炮-let off fire crackers  拜年-pay a New Year visit  团圆饭-family reunion dinner  元宵节-Lantern Festival  元宵-sweet dumplings  花灯-festival lantern  灯谜-lantern riddle  龙灯-dragon lantern  扫墓-sweep graves of one’s ancestors or loved ones  祭祖宗-offer scarifices to the ancestors  踏青-go for an outing in spring  赛龙舟-dragon-boat racing  赏月-appreciate the glorious full moon  九九重阳节-Double Ninth Day  赏菊-admire the beauty of chrysanthemum& Shares 【英】【复】股票(=【美】stock)Blue chip shares (投资比较安全的)热门股票Stocks (企业的)股份总额,股本,股票Blue chip stocks 蓝筹股,最佳股票Equities 【英】【复】(无固定利息的)股票,证券Stock exchange 股票交易市场Stock market 股市Bourse (尤其巴黎的)外币市场Listed报价,提出价格,列于表上Quoted 报价,提出价格,列于表上Brokers (替人买卖股票、证券等之)经纪人Dealers 商人,贩子,掮客Traders 交易者Invest 投资,投资于Investment 投资Investors 投资者Shareholders 股票持有者,股东&牛市和熊市&bear market 空头市场,跌风市场,熊市bearish (继续)看跌的,卖空的bears 卖空的证券交易投机,俗称空头bull market 多头市场,行情上涨,牛市bullish (继续)看涨的,牛市的bulls 买空,做多头,哄抬证券价格gain ground 获得利润、营利make gains 获得利润、营利lose ground 股市下跌rally (股票市场的)价格止跌,回稳recover (股市的)恢复regain ground 重新获得利润regain lost ground 重新获得(失去的)利润recovery 恢复&在证券交易所交易&trade 经营(股票等的)交易trading 交易、贸易active trading 交易活跃moderate trading 交易适度change hands (股票)易手,交易成功turnover 营业额,成交量,证券交易额&在证券交易所交易&trade 经营(股票等的)交易trading 交易、贸易active trading 交易活跃moderate trading 交易适度change hands (股票)易手,交易成功turnover 营业额,成交量,证券交易额股票交易市场并不十分活跃时,用以下形容词修饰:dullhesitantlacklustrelightnegligiblequeitslowsluggishthinweak股票价格的趋向不清晰时,用下列形容词修饰:bumpychoppyhesitantmixeduncertain出现大量交易,股票成交量增高时,用下列形容词修饰:briskheavyhectic出现巨额成交量时,用下列形容词修饰:franticfreneticfrenzied&市场动态常用词汇&going up 当股票价格上升时,可用这些词汇来表述,但它们本身并不说明上涨的幅度。AdvanceIncreaserisegoing down股票价格下跌时,可用这些词汇来表述,但它们本身不说明下跌的幅度:declinedropfallretreatslidegoing up by small or moderate amounts股票价格上升幅度较小或适度时,用这些词汇来描述:edge higheredge upfirmgoing up by large amounts当股票价格有很大的增幅,上升速度很快,上升急剧时,可用这些词汇表述:climb(higher)jumpleaproar aheadroar uprocketshoot upskyrocketsoarsuryegoing down by small or moderate amounts股票出现小幅度或适度下跌时,用这些词汇表述:dipdrift(lower)easeedge downedge lowerslip(lower)going down by large amounts这些词用来描述股票价格的大幅下跌divenosediveplungeplummettumblegoing down fast by very large amounts股票价格大幅下跌,尤其是快速下跌时,可用这些词汇表述crashcollapsecrumble&市场动态词汇二&going up描述股票价格上升时,但不明确指出上升幅度的名词:advancerisegoing down描述股票价格下降,但不明确指出下跌幅度的名词declinedropfallretreatslidegoing up by large amounts描述股票价格大幅上涨,或者上升迅速、急剧的名词。ClimbJumpLeapSurgegoing down by small or moderate amounts描述价格下跌幅度较小或适中的名词dipdriftslipgoing down by large amounts描述股票价格大幅下跌的名词divenosediveplummetplungetumblegoing down fast by very large amounts描述股价大幅下跌,尤其是下跌非常快时的名词crashcollapseslump最高记录和最低记录high 高峰,高水准all-time high 打破新记录,创造历史最高点record high 打破新记录,创造历史最高点collapse (价格等)暴跌crash 崩溃、垮台、失败free fall (跳伞等)自由降落,惯性运动low 低水平,低数字,低点all-time low (股票价格等的)历史最低点,最低值record low (股票价格等的)历史最低点,最低值meltdown 熔化,熔毁,变卖(财产)景气、低沉和萧条boom (商业等)景气、繁荣;(股票价格)激增,暴涨growth (经济)发展,增长downturn 下降趋势,向下,下转turn down 向下转折,下降slowdown 减速,减退,衰退slow down 减速减退,衰退weaken 削弱,减弱,变衰弱recession 猛落,暴跌,工商业的衰退(经济增长小,停步不前,甚至出现负增长)slump (物价,贸易活动等的)普跌,暴跌,不景气recover 复原,恢复以前的繁荣recovery复原,恢复以前的繁荣pick up 加速,经济好转turn up加速,经济好转pick-up 经济回转,复苏upturn经济回转,复苏depression “recession经济衰退”严重化,出现的商业萧条期Depression 特指1929年华尔街大崩溃后出现的经济大萧条 slump来源:沪江英语Mercedes-Benz 梅赛德斯-奔驰  SUZUKI 铃木  Porsche 宝时捷  Mazda 马自达  Lotus 莲花  Audi 奥迪  TOYOTA 丰田  Saab 绅宝  Pontiac 庞迪克  Buick 别克  NISSAN 尼桑  ARO 爱罗  Alfa Romeo 阿尔法。罗蜜欧  SUBARB 富士速波  Seat 西雅特   Fiat 菲亚特  BMW 宝马  Citroen 雪铁龙  Daihatsu 大发  Renault 雷诺  Ferrari 法拉利  Bentley 宾特利/本特利  Peugeot 标志  Jaguar 美洲虎  Ford 福特  Chrysler 克莱斯勒  Morgan 摩根  OPEL 欧宝  Honda 本田  KIA 起亚  Daewoo 大宇  Dodge 道奇  Cadillac 卡迪拉克  Lamborghini 兰博基尼  Lexus 凌志  Lincoln 林肯  Hyundai 现代  Volkswagen 大众  Rover 罗孚  Mercury 水星  Rolls-Royce 劳斯莱斯  Chevrolet 雪佛莱  Venturi 文图瑞  VOLVO 沃尔沃  Mitsubishi 三菱  Acura 本田极品  Skoda 斯柯达  Aston Martin 阿斯顿 马丁  Oldsmobile 奥斯莫比  Polo 保罗  Golf 高尔夫  Passat 帕萨特  Santana 桑塔纳来源:网易教育论坛1. Stop complaining! 别发牢骚! 2. You make me sick! 你真让我恶心!3. What’s wrong with you? 你怎么回事?4. You shouldn’t have done that! 你真不应该那样做!5. You’re a jerk! 你是个废物/混球!6. Don’t talk to me like that! 别那样和我说话!7. Who do you think you are? 你以为你是谁?8. What’s your problem? 你怎么回事啊?9. I hate you! 我讨厌你!10. I don’t want to see your face! 我不愿再见到你!11. You’re crazy! 你疯了!12. Are you insane/crazy/out of your mind? 你疯了吗?(美国人绝对常用!)13. Don’t bother me. 别烦我。14. Knock it off. 少来这一套。15. Get out of my face. 从我面前消失!16. Leave me alone. 走开。17. Get lost.滚开!18. Take a hike! 哪儿凉快哪儿歇着去吧。19. You piss me off. 你气死我了。20. It’s none of your business. 关屁事!21. What’s the meaning of this? 这是什么意思?22. How dare you! 你敢!23. Cut it out. 省省吧。24. You stupid jerk! 你这蠢猪!25. You have a lot of nerve. 脸皮真厚。26. I’m fed up. 我厌倦了。27. I can’t take it anymore. 我受不了了!(李阳老师常用)28. I’ve had enough of your garbage. 我听腻了你的废话。29. Shut up! 闭嘴!30. What do you want? 你想怎么样?31. Do you know what time it is? 你知道现在都几点吗?32. What were you thinking? 你脑子进水啊?33. How can you say that? 你怎么可以这样说34. Who says? 谁说的?35. That’s what you think! 那才是你脑子里想的!36. Don’t look at me like that. 别那样看着我。37. What did you say? 你说什么?38. You are out of your mind. 你脑子有毛病!39. You make me so mad.你气死我了啦。40. Drop dead. 去死吧!41. **** off. 滚蛋。42. Don’t give me your shit. 别跟我胡扯。43. Don’t give me your excuses/ No more excuses. 别找借口。44. You’re a pain in the ass. 你这讨厌鬼。45. You’re an asshole. 你这缺德鬼。46. You bastard! 你这杂种!47. Get over yourself. 别自以为是。48. You’re nothing to me. 你对我什么都不是。49. It’s not my fault. 不是我的错。50. You look guilty. 你看上去心虚。51. I can’t help it. 我没办法。52. That’s your problem. 那是你的问题。53. I don’t want to hear it. 我不想听!54. Get off my back. 少跟我罗嗦。55. Give me a break. 饶了我吧。56. Who do you think you’re talking to? 你以为你在跟谁说话?57. Look at this mess! 看看这烂摊子!58. You’re so careless. 你真粗心。59. Why on earth didn’t you tell me the truth? 你到底为什么不跟我说实话?60. I’m about to explode! 我肺都快要气炸了!61. What a stupid idiot! 真是白痴一个!62. I’m not going to put up with this! 我再也受不了啦!63. I never want to see your face again! 我再也不要见到你!64. That’s terrible. 真糟糕!65. Just look at what you’ve done! 看看你都做了些什么!66. I wish I had never met you. 我真后悔这辈子遇到你!67. You’re a disgrace. 你真丢人!68. I’ll never forgive you! 我永远都不会饶恕你!69. Don’t nag me! 别在我面前唠叨!70. I’m sick of it. 我都腻了。71. You’re such a *****! 你这个婊子!72. Stop screwing/ fooling/ messing around! 别鬼混了!73. Mind your own business! 管好你自己的事!74. You’re just a good for nothing bum! 你真是一个废物!/ 你一无是处!75. You’ve gone too far! 你太过分了!76. I loathe you! 我讨厌你!77. I detest you! 我恨你!78. Get the hell out of here! 滚开!79. Don’t be that way! 别那样!80. Can’t you do anything right? 成事不足,败事有余。81. You’re impossible. 你真不可救药。82. Don’t touch me! 别碰我!83. Get away from me! 离我远一点儿!84. Get out of my life. 我不愿再见到你。/ 从我的生活中消失吧。85. You’re a joke! 你真是一个小丑!86. Don’t give me your attitude. 别跟我摆架子。87. You’ll be sorry. 你会后悔的。88. We’re through. 我们完了!89. Look at the mess you’ve made! 你搞得一团糟!90. You’ve ruined everything. 全都让你搞砸了。91. I can’t believe your never. 你好大的胆子!92. You’re away too far. 你太过分了。93. I can’t take you any more! 我再也受不了你啦!94. I’m telling you for the last time! 我最后再告诉你一次!95. I could kill you! 我宰了你!96. That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard! 那是我听到的最愚蠢的事! (比尔·盖茨常用)97. I can’t believe a word you say. 我才不信你呢!98. You never tell the truth! 你从来就不说实话!99. Don’t push me ! 别碰我&2005年英语专业八级考试全真试卷 我爱英语网&
2005年英语专业八级考试试题原题及参考答案2005年 03月06日 TEST FOR ENGLISH MAJORS (2005)-GRADE EIGHT-PART I LISTENING COMPREHENSION (30 MIN)SECTION A MINI-LECTUREIn this section you will hear a mini-lecture. You will hear the lecture ONCE ONLY. While listening, take notes on the important points. Your notes will not be marked, but you will need them to complete a gap-filling task after the mini-lecture. When the lecture is over, you will be given two minutes to check your notes, and another ten minutes to complete the gap-filling task on ANSWER SHEET ONE. Use the blank sheet for note-taking.Writing a Research PaperI. Research Papers and Ordinary EssayA. Similarity in (1) __________:e.g. —choosing a topic—asking questions—identifying the audienceB. Difference mainly in terms of (2) ___________1. research papers: printed sources2. ordinary essay: ideas in one's (3) ___________II. Types and Characteristics of Research PapersA. Number of basic types: twoB. Characteristics:1. survey-type paper:—to gather (4) ___________—to quote—to (5) _____________The writer should be (6) ___________.2. argumentative (research) paper:a. The writer should do more, e.g.—to interpret—to question, etc.b. (7) _________varies with the topic, e.g.—to recommend an action, etc.III. How to Choose a Topic for a Research PaperIn choosing a topic, it is important to (8) __________.Question No. 1: your familiarity with the topicQuestion No. 2: Availability of relevant information on the chosen topicQuestion No. 3: Narrowing the topic down to (9) _________Question No. 4: Asking questions about (10) ___________The questions help us to work out way into the topic and discover its possibilities.SECTION B INTERVIEWIn this section you will hear everything ONCE ONLY. Listen carefully and then answer the questions that follow. Mark the correct answer to each question on your coloured answer sheet.Questions 1 to 5 are based on an interview. At the end of the interview you will be given 10 seconds to answer each of the following five questions.Now listen to the interview.1. What is the purpose of Professor McKay's report?A. To look into the mental health of old people.B. To explain why people have negative views on old age.C. To help correct some false beliefs about old age.D. To identify the various problems of old age2. Which of the following is NOT Professor McKay's view?A. People change in old age a lot more than at the age of 21.B. There are as many sick people in old age as in middle age.C. We should not expect more physical illness among old people.D. We should not expect to find old people unattractive as a group.3. According to Professor McKay's report,A. family love is gradually disappearing.B. it is hard to comment on family feeling.C. more children are indifferent to their parents.D. family love remains as strong as ever.4. Professor McKay is ________ towards the tendency of more parents living apart from their children.A. negativeB. positiveC. ambiguousD. neutral5. The only popular belief that Professor McKay is unable to provide evidence against is A. old-age sickness.B. loose family ties.C. poor mental abilities.D. difficulities in maths.SECTION C NEWS BROADCASTIn this section you will hear everything ONCE ONLY. Listen carefully and then answer the questions that follow. Mark the correct answer to each question on your coloured answer sheet.Question 6 is based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you will be given 10 seconds to answer the question. Now listen to the news.6. Scientists in Brazil have used frog skin toA. eliminate bacteria.B. treat burns.C. Speed up recovery.D. reduce treatment cost.Question 7 is based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you will be given 10 seconds to answer the question. Now listen to the news.7. What is NOT a feature of the new karaoke machine?A. It is featured by high technology.B. It allows you to imitate famous singers.C. It can automatically alter the tempo and tone of a song.D. It can be placed in specially designed theme rooms.Question 8 is based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you will be given 10 seconds to answer the question. Now listen to the news.8. China's Internet users had reached _________ by the end of June.A. 68 millionB. 8.9 millionC. 10 millionD. 1.5 millionQuestion 9 and 10 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you will be given 20 seconds to answer the question. Now listen to the news.9. According to the WTO, Chinese exports rose _________ last year.A. 21%B. 10%C. 22%D. 4.7310. According to the news, which trading nation in the top 10 has reported a 5 per cent fall in exports?A. The UK.B. The US.C. Japan.D. Germany.PART II READING COMPREHENSION (30 MIN)TEXT AI remember meeting him one evening with his pushcart. I had managed to sell all my papers and was coming home in the snow. It was that strange hour in downtown New York when the workers were pouring homeward in the twilight. I marched among thousands of tired men and women whom the factory whistles had unyoked. They flowed in rivers through the clothing factory districts, then down along the avenues to the East Side.I met my father near Cooper Union. I recognized him, a hunched, frozen figure in an old overcoat standing by a banana cart. He looked so lonely, the tears came to my eyes. Then he saw me, and his face lit with his sad, beautiful smile -Charlie Chaplin's smile.&Arch, it's Mikey,& he said. &So you have sold your papers! Come and eat a banana.&He offered me one. I refused it. I felt it crucial that my father sell his bananas, not give them away. He thought I was shy, and coaxed and joked with me, and made me eat the banana. It smelled of wet straw and snow.&You haven't sold many bananas today, pop,& I said anxiously.He shrugged his shoulders.&What can I do? No one seems to want them.&It was true. The work crowds pushed home morosely over the pavements. The rusty sky darkened over New York building, the tall street lamps were lit, innumerable trucks, street cars and elevated trains clattered by. Nobody and nothing in the great city stopped for my father's bananas.&I ought to yell,& said my father dolefully. &I ought to make a big noise like other peddlers, but it makes my throat sore. Anyway, I'm ashamed of yelling, it makes me feel like a fool. &I had eaten one of his bananas. My sick conscience told me that I ought to pay for it somehow. I must remain here and help my father.&I'll yell for you, pop,& I volunteered.&Arch, no,& he said, & you have worked enough today. Just tell momma I'll be late.&But I yelled and yelled. My father, standing by, spoke occasional words of praise, and said I was a wonderful yeller. Nobody else paid attention. The workers drifted past us wearily, a defeated army wrapped in dreams of home. Ele the Cooper Union c the sky grew black, the wind poured, the slush burned through our shoes. There were thousands of strange, silent figures pouring over the sidewalks in snow. None of them stopped to buy bananas. I yelled and yelled, nobody listened.My father tried to stop me at last. &Nu,& he said smiling to console me, &that was wonderful yelling. Mikey. But it's plain we are unlucky today! Let's go home.&I was frantic, and almost in tears}

我要回帖

更多关于 best friend 西野加奈 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信