provide with考点

欢迎你,    
GMAT逻辑题型练习(40)
15:09:00 来源:新东方在线论坛
备考指导:
重点关注:
考试练习:
  本文来自(),为考生提供题目练习及答案解析,希望对大家GMAT备考有所帮助。。更多精彩尽请关注!  GMAT逻辑题目内容  Which of the following most logically completes the passage?  Most bicycle helmets provide good protection for the top and back of the
head, but little or no protection for the temple regions on the sides of the
head. A study of head injuries resulting from bicycle accidents showed that a
large proportion were caused by blows to the temple area. Therefore, if bicycle
helmets protected this area, the risk of serious head injury in bicycle
accidents would be greatly reduced especially since _________.  A.among the bicyclists included in the study's sample of head injuries,
only a very small proportion had been wearing a helmet at the time of their
accident  B.even those bicyclists who regularly wear helmets have a poor
understanding of the degree and kind of protection that helmets afford  C.a helmet that included protection for the temples would have to be
somewhat larger and heavier than current helmets  D.the bone in the temple area is relatively thin and impacts in that area
are thus very likely to cause brain injury  E.bicyclists generally land on their arm or shoulder when they fall to the
side, which reduces the likelihood of severe impacts on the side of the head
本文关键字:
GMAT网络课堂
GMAT全程班
GMAT阶段班
GMAT单项班
GMAT全程精讲班(冲700分)
GMAT强化班
GMAT低起点长线班 (冲680分)
GMAT冲刺班
GMAT语法单项班
GMAT数学单项班
GMAT逻辑单项班
GMAT写作单项班
版权及免责声明
1,"新东方在线"上的内容,包括文章、资料、资讯等, 本网注明"稿件来源:新东方在线"的,其版权 均为"新东方在线"或北京新东方迅程网络科技有限公司所有 ,任何公司、媒体、网站或个人未经授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式使用。已经得到 "新东方在线"许可 的媒体、网站,在使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网站将依法追究责任。
2, "新东方在线" 未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的 文章、资料、资讯等 均为转载稿,本网站转载出于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同其观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网站下载使用,必须保留本网站注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为 " 稿件来源:新东方 " ,本网站将依法追究其法律责任。
3,如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内与新东方在线联系。
GMAT网络课堂
实用 o 工具
交流 o 下载
GMAT课程排行榜
GMAT公开课2014考研英语书信作文必背及考点预测 - 浩然考试网
&当前位置: &
> 浏览正文
2014考研英语书信作文必背及考点预测
&&&更新时间: 点击: 【字体:
摘要:2014考研英语书信作文必背及考点预测,下面通过研究总结历年的写作真题,对书信考查的类型进行了以下预测,并为广大考生提供书信背诵的模板范文。
考查类型& 适用科目& 重要性&
投诉信& 英语一& ☆☆☆☆☆&
英语二& ☆&
申请信(求职信、求学信)& 英语一& ☆☆☆☆☆&
英语二& ☆☆☆☆☆&
询问信& 英语一& ☆☆☆&
英语二& ☆☆☆&
邀请信& 英语一& ☆☆☆&
英语二& ☆☆☆&
感谢信& 英语一& ☆&
英语二& ☆☆&
祝贺信& 英语一& ☆☆&
英语二& ☆&
辞职信& 英语一& ☆&
英语二& ☆&
推荐信& 英语一& ☆&
英语二& ☆☆&
道歉信& 英语一& ☆&
英语二& ☆☆☆&
建议信& 英语一& ☆☆&
英语二& ☆☆☆&
备忘录& 英语一& ☆☆☆&
英语二& ☆☆&
  2014年考研在即,对于广大考生来说,写作是不可不重视的一部分。在考前冲刺阶段,为了帮助考生准确把握考研作文Part A部分的备考方向和重点,通过研究总结历年的写作真题,对书信考查的类型进行了以下预测,并为广大考生提供书信背诵的模板范文。
  一、书信范文必背(人物介绍类)
  申请信:申请继续研究生学习
  Dear Sir or Madam,
  I am interested in graduate study in Physics, with the ultimate goal of teaching at the college level, and would like to talk with you about the requirements of your department。
  After my graduation from Peking University in 2000, I worked for several years before my marriage as a teacher in Open College. During that time I completed three graduate courses at Zhe Jiang University, but did not finish my master&s degree. A resume of my background and experience is enclosed。
  I could probably manage almost a full schedule if necessary. However, I would prefer to begin on a more limited basis if this could be arranged。
  I will call your office in a few days for an appointment。
  Yours sincerely,
  Li Ming
  求职信:申请一份助理的工作
  Dear Sir or Madam,
  I am a graduate from Sichuan University of Foreign Language Institute. As a student of English for Business, I hope to work in a foreign company after graduation. So I want to apply for the position of assistant of your Public Relationship Department manager。
  In the past four academic years, I have proved myself to be a straight A student, awarded a succession of scholarships. My English is particularly good and French happens to be my second foreign language, which will reach the requirements set by a wholly-owned foreign company like yours. I am a good team player, self-motivated and eager to learn. I believe I deserve your consideration.
  I should be very happy if you would arrange an interview with me. I am expecting your early reply!
  Yours sincerely,
  Li Ming
  推荐信:导师推荐自己的研究助理到一个学校进行研究生学习
  Dear Sir or Madam,
  It is my pleasure to recommend Wang Xin for his application to graduate studies in your school。
  Mr. Wang has been my research assistant since September 1997. He is an enthusiastic and ambitious young man with extremely high potentiality. All the work handed to him was completed satisfactorily. With his help, I have been able to spend more time in writing the research paper. I really consider myself very fortunate to have such a capable assistant。
  I am certain his diligence, coupled with a good competence and pleasant personality, will assure him of academic achievements in his future academic pursuits. I strongly recommend his admission without any reservation。
  Yours sincerely,
  Li Ming
  二、书信范文必背(情感表达类)
  感谢信:感谢自己的朋友在车祸期间对自己的照顾
  Dear John,
  I am writing to thank you for looking after me after that unfortunate accident the other day, when I was knocked off my bike by a taxi. If it had not been for your assistance in giving me first aid and taking me to a nearby hospital, I fear that the consequences might have been much more serious。
  The doctor says that my broken leg is healing well. In addition, the taxi company has agreed to pay my hospital bills. Everyone agrees that it was your quick-witted response in that emergency that has led to this satisfactory outcome。
  Although nowadays many people talk about the need to be unselfish and to help others, we see very few people practicing what they preach. But you showed by your actions that you are an exception。
  Yours sincerely,
  Li Ming
  建议信:对自己朋友的大学专业选择问题给出建议
  Dear John,
  You asked for advice concerning whether you should study history or computer science at university. I will try making some suggestions。
  University is preparation for your career. You should consider studying a subject which will best equip you to earn a living. Computer science offers more job opportunities than history. We are now in a high-tech age. For the foreseeable future, it would be necessary for everyone to be equipped with computer skills merely to earn a living!
  Of course, you don't have to devote all your time at university to studying computers and nothing else. I would recommend that you continue reading of history in your spare time. That way, you will find that your leisure hours are enriched while you prepare yourself for a worthwhile career in computer science。
  Whatever you decide to do, I wish you everything goes well!
  Yours sincerely,
  Li Ming
  投诉信:对商店服务态度差进行投诉
  Dear Sir or Madam,
  I am a regular customer of your store and I am writing to show my great anger about the bad service I encountered in your department store last Sunday。
  The saleswoman (No.411) was by no means patient enough to answer my questions about the products. She was so eagerly talking with her friend that she just turned a deaf ear to my questions. I felt disappointed that such bad service could have happened in a so-called five-star department store。
  I hope you do something to stop such things happening any more, just to save your store&s fame. I am looking forward to your earliest response to this matter。
  Yours truly,
  Li Ming
  道歉信:对没能赴约表示道歉,并希望另约时间
  Dear Jane,
  I am sorry to tell you that I won&t be able to come this afternoon because I have to go to the airport at 2:00 p. m. to meet an overseas visitor from Australia。
  I really have kept our date in my mind all these days. However, I received my boss& e-mail this morning, and he asked me to go to the airport to meet one of his friends from abroad. It&s all of a sudden and urgent and I must go。
  I sincerely hope you could accept my apology. Would you please ring me up to make another time? I am looking forward to your earliest reply。
  Yours truly,
  Li Ming
  祝贺信:对自己朋友或得一等科学奖给予祝贺
  Dear Li Hua,
  I am writing this letter to extend to you my sincerest congratulations on your winning the first-class science award because of your creative work in the field of applied chemistry。
  I know that it is the result of many years of hard work and numerous experiments. I have heard of the excellent achievements you reached in studies. This shows that your outstanding scholarly attainments and whole-hearted devotion to science have been given public recognition。
  As one of your friends, I am delighted that I will share your honor and achievements, and I am very proud of you. Best wishes for your greater success in all that you undertake. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon。
  Sincerely yours,
  Li Ming
  邀请信:邀请某教授到自己的学院做讲座
  Dear Mr. Williams,
  I am writing on behalf of the English Department to invite you to give a lecture in our college。
  We know that you are an expert on American literature. As English majors, we would like to know something about American literature. We would be very grateful if you could give a talk on &Contemporary American Literature& to students of the English Department on Saturday, June 4. If this subject does not suit you, any other similar topic would be welcomed as well.
  We have already had several very interesting talks from some distinguished visitors from various countries and we look forward to the opportunity to benefit from your experience and wisdom。
  Yours sincerely,
  Li Ming
  三、书信范文必背(请求咨询类)
  请求信:请求朋友帮助自己提高英语
  Dear Tim,
  I am quite sorry that I have to ask a favor of you, with the hope that you will be kind to help me.
  I have been looking forward to applying for the entrance examination for MA candidates for a long time because I want to pursue further studies. Unfortunately I find myself far from the required standard, especially my very poor English. Finally, the personal friendship leads me to approach you with the request, whether you can give me some constructive guidance. I promise to be a diligent student. If you agree, please call me as soon as you are free. I hope I can visit you twice a week。
  Thank you very much for your kind help again.
  Yours sincerely,
  Li Ming
  咨询信:向一个小镇的负责人咨询关于历史展出的信息
  Dear Sir or Madam,
  I am organizing a group of students to pay a visit to the historical exhibition in your town. I am writing the letter in purpose of inquiring/ seeking/ obtaining/ requesting information concerning/regarding the following aspects。
  First of all, what is the size of the exhibition, what is its theme and what objects are on display? Secondly, what are the dates between which the exhibition will be held, and what are the daily opening hours?
  I must point out that I hope to bring over students to the exhibition. So I would like to inquire if there is any discount available on entrance tickets for students. I look forward to your reply。
  Yours sincerely,
  Li Ming
Copyright & 2002 - . All Rights Reserved查看: 21440|回复: 406
新东方高考英语高考英语考点强化课程_阅读_沈寅智百度云网盘下载
TA的每日心情开心 09:14主题帖子积分
高考英语考点强化课程_阅读_沈寅智,新东方高考英语高考英语考点强化课程_阅读_沈寅智百度云网盘下载,免责声明:本视频仅供学习,搜集于网友分享的百度网盘,看完请自动删除,去新东方官网购买正版!密码回复可见!
百度云网盘下载地址:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请
高考英语阅读考点强化课程
主讲:曾寅智
欢迎使用新东方在线电
高考英语阅读
第一讲:解读高考英语阅读命题思路、巧用阅读方法
第二讲:直击重点文体透析——记叙文和细节题1
第三讲:直击重点文体透析——记叙文和细节题2
第四讲:直击重点文体透析——说明议论文解析
第五讲:直击重点文体透析——应用文解析
第六讲:阅读新题型之完全攻略
第七讲:全面开启完型填空之密匙
第八讲:巧用匠心决胜高考阅读难题和备考策略
第一讲&&解读高考英语阅读
—— 挖掘命题思路、巧用阅读方法
高考阅读考什么?
1. 考纲词汇的认知
2. 语句篇章的理解
3. 分析解决问题并且解决相关任务的能力
考生必备的阅读能力
1. 能理解文章的基本内容
2. 能根据上下文正确理解词语和句子
3. 能归纳文章的主旨大意
4. 能推测文章中的隐含意思
5. 能运用阅读技能完成不同问题的阅读任务
高考常考的四大类体裁
1. 记叙文 Narration
趣闻轶事、传说、寓言、传奇故事、短篇小说、科幻小说
上海高考阅读记叙文题材:
04年A篇& && &&&假冒医生
05年B篇& && &&&职场故事
06年A篇& && &&&女儿工作日
07年A篇& && &&&品尝冰激凌工作
08年B篇& && &&&从城市归乡
09年A篇& && &&&售书商变百万富翁
10年A篇& && &&&捕猎大象的侠女
2. 应用文 Practical Writing
广告、书信、列车或飞机的时刻表、产品说明书、宣传海报、简明新闻
上海高考阅读应用文题材:
04年B篇& && &&&出售邮购货物的广告
05年C篇& && &&&保护水资源的宣传报
06年C篇& && &&&出售书刊的广告
07年B篇& && &&&电视节目指南
08年A篇& && &&&访谈谈话
09年B篇& && &&&加拿大雪地旅游景点介绍
3. 说明文 Exposition
& & 自然或社会现象、自然科学或社会科学最新研究成果、文化经济现象
4. 议论文 Argumentation
& & 社会经济科技等热点探讨
上海高考阅读说明议论文题材:
04年C篇& && &&&考试制度探讨& && &&&D篇& && &&&特许经营
05年D篇& && &&&新休闲——观鸟
06年D篇& && &&&旁观者问题探讨
07年C篇& && &&&永久邮票& && &&&D篇& && &&&环保帐篷
08年C篇& && &&&英国学费问题& && &&&D篇& && &&&生物燃料
09年C篇& && &&&笔记本电脑防盗系统
10年C篇& && &&&太阳活动周期
上海高考阅读特点
1. 完型填空
从语法到把握文章上下文含义
99年上海高考完型
“ ____ 47 ____ be nice.” Jennifer replied.
A. Can& && &&&B. Shall& && && && && & C. Must& && && && && & D. Need
00年上海高考完型
“____ 66 ____ may be at the end of Year 1…”
A. Some& && &&&B. Most& && && && && & C. They& && && && && & D. That
10年上海高考完型
Lloyd Webber& & 53& &some of the music because the Phantom's makeup prevented the actor from singing certain sounds.
A. rewrote& && &B. released& && &
C. recorded& & D. reserved
2. 阅读难度和理解度变大
00年A篇阅读
The famous director of a big and expensive movie planned to film a beautiful sunset over the ocean so that the audiences could see his hero and heroine in front of it at the end of the film as they said goodbye to each other for ever. He sent his camera crew(摄制组)out one evening to film the sunset for him.
10年A篇阅读
The elephant was lying heavily on its side, fast asleep. A few dogs started barking at it. The elephant woke up in a terrible anger: it chased the dogs into the village where they ran for safety. That didn’t stop the elephant. It destroyed a dozen houses and injured several people. The villagers were scared and angry. Then someone suggested calling Parbati, the elephant princess.
3. 阅读题型和任务千变万化
(1)1998年-2000年
阅读ABCD四篇文章 两篇完型10+15
(2)2001年-2004年
阅读ABCD四篇文章 两篇完型各10题
(3)2005年-2007年
阅读ABCDE五篇文章 两篇完型各10题
(4)2008年-2009年
阅读ABCDE五篇文章 一篇完型15题
阅读ABCDE五篇文章 一篇完型15题
98-04年阅读考四篇
05-10年增加阅读新题型——标题题型
10年增加了阅读新题型——回答问题题型
4. 10年阅读完型分值情况
完型一篇15分,多项选择阅读22分,标题5分,回答问题8分
阅读做题四种情况
一:文章里外均知晓,题目错得乱糟糟
二:文章里外均知晓,做题不差一分毫
三:文章无须均知晓,做题不差一分毫
四:文章完全不知道,把握考点能猜到
05年上海高考真题C篇72题
72.The three facts presented in the passage are used to illustrate that ____ .
A. poverty can result in water-borne diseases
B. people have no access to clean drinking water
C. women’s rights are denied in some developing countries.
D. safe drinking water should be a primary concern
常见阅读做题的顺序
1. 读文章——看题——分析文章解题
2. 看题——分析文章找答案
3. 了解文章主题——看题——分析文章找答案
阅读需要的前期准备
1. 上海市教育考试院编&&人民教育出版社
& & 2010年高考英语词汇手册上海卷
2. 牛津新世纪教材词汇
3. 大学四级词汇手册
1.词根词缀
2. 类别词汇
goal&&目的
target 目标
destination (terminal)
阅读基本解题方法思路
07年高考阅读题A篇
65.what is John Harrison’s job?
A.An official.
B.An ice-cream taster.
C.A chemist.
D.An ice-cream manufacturer.
Yes, there really is a job where you can get paid to taste ice cream. Just ask John Harrison, an “Official Taste Tester” for the past 21 years. Testing helps manufacturers to be sure of a product’s quality. During his career Harrison has been responsible for approving large quantities of the sweet ice cream – as well as for developing over 75 flavors (味道).
66.According to John Harrison, to be qualified in the “cool field”, it is helpful to& && && &.
A.keep a diary of work
B.have a degree in related subjects
C.have new ideas every day
D.find out new flavors each day
No – there’s more to the job than that, says Harrison, who has a degree in chemistry. He points out that a dairy or food – science degree would be very useful to someone wanting a career in this “cool” field.
67.&&What does Harrison do first when testing ice cream?
A.He stirs the ice cream.
B.He examines the colour of the ice cream.
C.He tastes the flavor of the ice cream.
D.He lets the ice cream warm up.
In a typical morning on the job, Harrison tastes and assesses 60 ice-cream samples. He lets the ice cream warm up to about 12 F. Harrison explains,
寻找出题点,找题目选项相似点
第二讲&&直击重点文体透析
——记叙文和细节题1
记叙文的题材
趣闻轶事、传说、寓言、传奇故事、短篇小说、科幻小说
记叙文的考察方向
1. 能完全理解文章的基本内容
2. 能根据故事的基本内容寻找解题的线索
TIPS:读完文章然后做题
记叙文阅读技巧一:直逼文章中心
1. 注意文章首末段落
首段:看懂故事& && &&&末段:评价总结
2. 挖掘文章重要人物
人名及其定位
3. 寻找文章的线索句子
时间顺序类:then, after, before
转折类:but, however, yet
并列类:also
语言评价类:quotation
2010年上海高考真题A篇
The elephant was lying heavily on its side, fast asleep. A few dogs started barking at it. The elephant woke up in a terrible anger: it chased the dogs into the village where they ran for safety. That didn't stop the elephant. It destroyed a dozen houses and injured several people. The villagers were scared and angry. Then someone suggested calling Parbati, the elephant princess.
Parbati Barua's father was a hunter of tigers and an elephant tamer. He taught Parbati to ride an elephant before she could even walk. He also taught her the dangerous art of the elephant round-up -- how to catch wild elephants.
Parbati hasn't always lived in the jungle. After a happy childhood hunting with her father, she was sent to boarding school in the city. But Parbati never got used to being there and many years later she went back to her old life. &Life in the city is too dull. Catching
Elephants is an adventure and the excitement lasts for days after the chase,& she says
But Parbati doesn't catch elephants just for fun. &My work,& she says, &is to rescue man from the elephants, and to keep the elephants safe from man.& And this is exactly what Parbati has been doing for many years. Increasingly, the Indian elephant is angry: for many years, illegal hunters have attacked it and its home in the jungle has been reduced to small pieces of land. It is now fighting back. Whenever wild elephants enter a tea garden or a village, Parbati is called to guide the animals back to the jungle before they can kill.
The work of an elephant tamer also involves love and devotion. A good elephant tamer will spend hours a day singing love songs to a newly captured elephant. &Eventually they grow to love their tamers and never forget them. They are also more loyal than humans,& she said, as she climbed up one of her elephants and sat on the giant, happy animal. An elephant princess indeed!
scare&&v. 害怕 / scar n.伤疤&&/ scarce adj. 缺少的
wild animals 野生动物 wildlife
devotion&&奉献、贡献
loyal&&忠诚&&/ royal 皇家的
65. For Parbati, catching elephants is mainly to ____ .
A. get long lasting excitement& && && && &&&
B. keep both man and elephants safe
C. send them back to the jungle& && && && &
D. make the angry elephants ta
高考英语重点题型之一:细节题
1. 细节题特点:
对于文章某个具体细节的提问(高考阅读比例最高)
2. 出题方式:
ABCDE_______.
What / when / where / how / why?
把握关键词做题
1. 在问题中寻找重点关键词
关键词分类:
A. 人名、地名等特殊名词
B. 问题句子主语部分
C. 问题句子谓语部分
D. 问题句子宾语部分
2. 做题的基本方法:
找出问题关键词——寻找文章中相应的出处
挖掘同义改写的选项
65. For Parbati, catching elephants is mainly to ____&&.
D. make the angry elephants tame
But Parbati doesn't catch elephants just for fun. &My work,& she says, &is to rescue man from the elephants, and to keep the elephants safe from man.& And this is exactly what Parbati has been doing for many years. Increasingly, the Indian elephant is angry: for many years, illegal hunters have attacked it and its home in the jungle has been reduced to small pieces of land. It is now fighting back. Whenever wild elephants enter a tea garden or a village, Parbati is called to guide the animals back to the jungle before they can kill.
65. For Parbati, catching elephants is mainly to ____&&.
D. make the angry elephants tame
jungle 丛林
forest 森林 deforestation 砍伐森林
rain forests 雨林
tame 驯服的 elephant tamer&&驯象师
fame 名誉 lame 跛脚
rescue 营救 rescue the survivors 营救幸存者
rescue package
66. Before Parbati studied in a boarding school, _____.
A. she spent her time hunting with her father
B. she learned how to sing love songs
C. she had already been called an elephant princess
D. she was taught how to hunt tigers
Parbati Barua's father was a hunter of tigers and an elephant tamer. He taught Parbati to ride an elephant before she could even walk. He also taught her the dangerous art of the elephant round-up -- how to catch wild elephants.
Parbati hasn't always lived in the jungle. After a happy childhood hunting with her father, she was sent to boarding school in the city. But Parbati never got used to being there and many years later she went back to her old life. &Life in the city is too dull. Catching
66. Before Parbati studied in a boarding school, _____.
A. she spent her time hunting with her father
B. she learned how to sing love songs
C. she had already been called an elephant princess
D. she was taught how to hunt tigers
boarding school 寄宿学校
board of directors 董事会 / chess board 棋盘
adventure 冒险 / venture 投机活动
advantage 优势
adventurer 冒险者 / explorer 探险家
princess&&n. 公主 / prince&&n. 王子
waiter / waitress
host / hostess&&air-host / air-hostess
foreigner, inventor
cooker, speaker, calculator
-ee& &interviewer, interviewee
population, popular
-ist / -ian
pianist, violinist, musician, magician
67. Indian elephants are getting increasingly angry and they revenge because __________.
A. they are caught and sent for heavy work& && && && && &&&
B. illegal hunters capture them and kill them
C. they are attacked and their land gets limited
D. dogs often bark at them and chase them
67. Indian elephants are getting increasingly angry and they revenge because _____ .
A. they are caught and sent for heavy work& && && && && &&&
B. illegal hunters capture them and kill them
C. they are attacked and their land gets limited
D. dogs often bark at them and chase them
chase&&v. 追赶 / chess n. 下棋
bark&&v. 特指动物的吠叫&&n. 树皮
capture&&捕捉,抓,占领&&capture enemy’s base
limited 限制 = restrictive
legal  illegal&&literate  illiterate
logical  illogical
revenge 复仇
06年上海高考真题C篇73题
73. The word “talion” in introducing the book Eye for an Eye is probably a concept of _____.
A. medicine B. trade C. avenging D. striving
68. The passage starts with an elephant story in order to explain that in India _____ .& &&&
A. people easily fall victim to elephants' attacks& && && && && && && &
B. the man-elephant relationship is getting worse
C. elephant tamers are in short supply
D. dogs are as powerful as elephants
推断作者写文章某一块内容的写作目的
fall victim to 沦落为牺牲品
victim 牺牲者
sacrifice 献祭
in short supply 供应短缺 = provide
supply and demand 供求
第三讲&&直击重点文体透析
& && && && && && &&&——记叙文和细节题2
记叙文阅读思路
浏览全文,注意全文首末段部分
抓住全文各个角色
把握引导线索句子的线索词
考察文章细节题型的一般解题思路
09年上海高考真题A篇
Even at school there had been an unhealthy competition between George and Richard.
“I’ll be the first millionaire in Coleford!” Richard used to boast.
“And you’ll be sorry you knew me,” George would reply “because I’ll be the best lawyer in the town!”
George never did become a lawyer and Richard never made any money. Instead both men opened bookshops on opposite sides of Coleford High Street. It was hard to make money from books, which made the competition between them worse.
Then Richard married a mysterious girl. The couple spent their honeymoon on the coast—but Richard never came back. The police found his wallet on a deserted beach but the body was never found. He must have drowned.
Now with only one bookshop in town, business was better for George. But sometimes he sat in his narrow, old kitchen and gazed out of the dirty window, thinking about his formal rival(竞争对手). Perhaps he missed him?
George was very interested in old dictionaries. He’d recently found a collector in Australia who was selling a rare first edition. When the parcel arrived, the book was in perfect condition and George was delighted. But while he was having lunch, George glanced at the photo in the newspaper that the book had been wrapped in. He was astonished—the smiling face was older than he remembered but unmistakable! Trembling, George started reading.
“Bookends have bought ten bookstores from their rivals Dylans. The company, owned by multi-millionaire Richard Pike, is now the largest bookseller in Australia.”
65. George and Richard were _____ at school.
A. roommates
B. good friends
C. competitors
D. booksellers
通过关键词的方法解题
关键词分类:
A. 人名、地名等特殊名词
B. 问题句子主语部分
C. 问题句子谓语部分
D. 问题句子宾语部分
找出问题关键词——寻找文章中相应的出处
65. George and Richard were _____ at school.
A. roommates
B. good friends
C. competitors
D. booksellers
Even at school there had been an unhealthy competition between George and Richard.
millionaire / billionaire 百万富翁 / 亿万富翁
1,000 – 1,000,000 – 1,000,000,000
boast / beast
66. How did George feel about Richard after his disappearance?
A. He envied Richard’s marriage.
B. He thought of Richard from time to time.
C. He felt lucky with no rival in town.
D. He was guilty of Richard’s death.
But sometimes he sat in his narrow, old kitchen and gazed out of the dirty window, thinking about his formal rival(竞争对手). Perhaps he missed him?
混淆选项的设置
He envied Richard’s marriage.
He felt lucky with no rival in town.
He was guilty of Richard’s death.
混淆选项特点之一:部分没有提到
competitor 竞争者
envy = be jealous of
rival 竞争者
arrive -& arrival
refuse -& refusal
propose -& proposal
source / resource / sauce
67. George got information about Richard from _____.
A. a dictionary collector in Australia
B. the latter’s rivals Dylans
C. a rare first edition of a dictionary
D. the wrapping paper of a book
But while he was having lunch, George glanced at the photo in the newspaper that the book had been wrapped in. He was astonished—the smiling face was older than he remembered but unmistakable!
astonish 惊讶
edition 版本& &episode 续集
amibition / aggression
vacation / vocation / vacant vacancy
混淆选项的设置
George was very interested in old dictionaries. He’d recently found a collector in Australia who was selling a rare first edition. When the parcel arrived, the book was in perfect condition and George was delighted.
But while he was having lunch, George glanced at the photo in the newspaper that the book had been wrapped in.
A. a dictionary collector in Australia
混淆选项特点之二:与出题位置信息相距太远
68. What happened to George and Richard in the end?
A. Both George and Richard became millionaires.
B. Both of them realized their original ambitions.
C. George established a successful business while&&Richard was missing.
D. Richard became a millionaire while George had no great success.
推断题考题难点:人物和对应信息的关联
09年上海浦东新区一模考试题A篇
John Blanchard was studying the crowd making their way through the station. He was looking for the girl whose heart he knew, but whose face he didn't, the girl with the rose.
When reading a book in a Florida library a year before, John became interested not in the contents of the book, but in the notes penciled in the margin. The handwriting reflected a thoughtful soul and beautiful mind. He discovered the former owner's name in the front of the book: Miss Hollis Maynell.
He located her address and wrote a letter introducing himself. The next day he was shipped overseas to serve in the army. During the next year, they grew to know each other through the mail and their friendship developed. John requested a photograph, but she refused, saying if he really cared, it wouldn't matter what she looked like. When the day finally came for him to return home, their first meeting was suggested — 7:00 p.m. at the Grand Central Station in New York.
She wrote, “You’ll recognize me by the red rose I wear on my coat.” So now John was in the station to meet the girl with a rose.
As a pretty and slim girl in green came over, John noticed her blue eyes like flowers in spring. He walked directly towards her, entirely forgetting she was not wearing a rose. As John came closer to her, he saw another woman with a red rose stood nearby. Well past 40, this woman had graying hair done under a worn hat. Seeing the girl in green walk quickly away, John felt as if he were split in two. He desired to follow that girl, but longed for the woman whose spirit had truly companioned and supported him.
The woman looked gentle and sensible. John went to her, saying, “I’m Captain John Blanchard. You must be Miss Maynell. I am glad to meet you here. May I take you to dinner?”
She replied with a smile, “I don’t know what this is about. But the lady in green who just went by, begged me to wear this rose on my coat. She said if you asked me out to dinner, I’d tell you she is waiting for you in the big restaurant across the street. She said it was some kind of test!”
65. John was eager to know the former owner of the book because he _____ .
A. was very interested in the contents of the book
B. was impressed by the notes written by its owner
C. wanted to improve his handwriting
D. wanted to discuss the book with her
When reading a book in a Florida library a year before, John became interested not in the contents of the book, but in the notes penciled in the margin. The handwriting reflected a thoughtful soul and beautiful mind.
混淆选项的设置
C. wanted to improve his handwriting
D. wanted to discuss the book with her
混淆选项特点之三:完全没有提到
A. was very interested in the contents of the book
混淆选项特点之四:与文章内容相反
66. What happened to John after getting in touch with Miss Hollis Maynell?
A. He served in the army abroad.
B. He went overseas for vacation.
C. He went on a business trip in New York.
D. He visited Miss Maynell.
He located her address and wrote a letter introducing himself. The next day he was shipped overseas to serve in the army.
67. What do we know about the woman with a rose?
A. She was Miss Maynell’s close friend.
B. She was a waitress in the big restaurant.
C. She was probably a passerby.
D. She was paid to meet John at the Station.
推断题:推断人物身份
排除法解题
The woman looked gentle and sensible. John went to her, saying, “I’m Captain John Blanchard. You must be Miss Maynell. I am glad to meet you here. May I take you to dinner?”
She replied with a smile, “I don’t know what this is about. But the lady in green who just went by, begged me to wear this rose on my coat. She said if you asked me out to dinner, I’d tell you she is waiting for you in the big restaurant across the street. She said it was some kind of test!”
68. Which would be the best title of the text?
A. An Interesting Book& && && && && && && &
B. A Woman With a Rose
C. A Brave Soldier& && && && && && && &&&
D. A Love Test
标题类主题题:确定选项范围是否合适
细节题两大原则总结:
1.与出题点就近原则
& &离关键词对应的出题位置最接近的部分往往才是寻找答案的地方
2.基本按照原文顺序的做题原则
& &找答案按照行文的顺序去找
第四讲&&直击重点文体透析
——说明议论文解析
议论文说明文的题材
Themes of Argumentation and Exposition
自然或社会现象
自然科学或社会科学最新研究成果
文化经济现象
社会经济科技等热点探讨
说明议论文难点:研究型题材
1. 一项实验或研究内容
2. 分析该实验或研究的结果
3. 引申到其对社会和人类的影响
4. 相关解决现象的方式
区分清楚文章的层次结构,理清实验或研究目的、过程、结果和分析若干块内容
实验目的(文章开头交代)
实验分析(文章最后部分)
09年上海黄浦区一模考题C篇
Are healthy people happier than seriously ill ones? Not necessarily. In a study described in The Journal of experimental Psychology, a group of people with end-stage kidney(肾)failure were provided with electronic devices that required them to record their moods at various times throughout the day. For comparison, a group of healthy volunteers used the same devices. When researchers had studied the results, they found that the levels of happiness were about the same for the two groups.
The researchers, led by Dr. Jason Riis of Princeton when he was a graduate student at the University of Michigan, also found that the healthy people greatly overestimated how unhappy the sick ones would be. And the sick people overestimated how happy healthy ones would be.
找到关键人物,理清观点
For the study, 49 kidney disease patients who were undergoing dialysis(透析)sections three times a week were given personal digital assistants, as 49 healthy volunteers were matched to the patients by age, race, education and sex. When the devices beeped, the subjects were asked to rate their mood on a 5-point scale, with 2 defined as “very pleasant” and minus 2 defined as “very unpleasant”. On average, the kidney patients rated their mood as 0.70, while the healthy subjects rated it as 0.83. asked, “How do you feel about your life as a whole?”
The participants were also asked to describe other emotions they might be feeling, including joy and anxiety, and to describe their levels of physical comfort. And sometimes they were asked, “How do you feel about your life as a whole?”
把握连接词,立足文章结构
A better understanding of how well people are able to adapt to poor health, the researchers said, could help doctors and patients make wiser choices about their medical care. Earlier studies have also found that seriously ill patients described themselves as being happy. But these patients were not given a chance to answer questions about their mood privately and repeatedly over a period of time, Dr. Riis said, and so it was unclear how accurate their responses were.
75.& && &&&The purpose of the research was _____ .
A. to help patients adapt to poor health& && && && && &&&
B. to learn patients’ average level of happiness
C. to define the extent to which health condition affects happiness
D. to find the distinction between the healthy and unhealthy people&&
Are healthy people happier than seriously ill ones? Not necessarily. In a study described in The Journal of experimental Psychology, a group of people with end-stage kidney(肾)failure were provided with electronic devices that required them to record their moods at various times throughout the day.
A. to help patients adapt to poor health
B. to learn patients’ average level of happiness
patients 范围过小
混淆选项之五:部分内容范围过大或者过小& && &&&
D. to find the distinction between the healthy and unhealthy people&&
distinction 这个词范围过大
C. to define the extent to which health condition affects happiness
adapt to 适应 adapt 改编
adopt&&采纳,领养
adept&&熟练
distinction 区分
distinguish
extinguish&&fire-extinguisher
extinct / extinction
73.In the research, the subjects’ ratings of their mood levels were _____ on average.
A. vague& && && && && && && && && && &&&
B. positive& && && &
C. negative& && && && && && && && &
D. neutral
When the devices beeped, the subjects were asked to rate their mood on a 5-point scale, with 2 defined as “very pleasant” and minus 2 defined as “very unpleasant”. On average, the kidney patients rated their mood as 0.70, while the healthy subjects rated it as 0.83.
postive = active 积极的,正面的
negative = passive 消极的,负面的
neutral 中立的,中立国
vague 模糊 / distinct 清晰
74.& && &&&One of Dr. Riis’ concerns about the result of the& &research was whether _____ .
A. it revealed the patients’privacy
B. it reflected what the patients really thought
C. the questions for the patients were repeated
D. the assignment for all subjects was accurate
reveal 揭示、揭露
reflect 反应
repeat 重复
合理筛选正确出题信息
(1)The researchers, led by Dr. Jason Riis of Princeton when he was a graduate student at the University of Michigan, also found that the healthy people greatly overestimated how unhappy the sick ones would be.&&第二段
(2)But these patients were not given a chance to answer questions about their mood privately and repeatedly over a period of time, Dr. Riis said, and so it was unclear how accurate their responses were. 最后段
72.& && &&&It can be learnt from the study that _____ .
A. the electronic devices used are digital assistants for dialysis
B. all the subjects are of the same age, race, sex and education
C. the levels of happiness are little affected by health conditions
D. both patients and healthy people overestimate their own happiness
题目中没有关键词,选项一一判别
A. the electronic devices used are digital assistants for dialysis
In a study described in The Journal of experimental Psychology, a group of people with end-stage kidney(肾)failure were provided with electronic devices that required them to record their moods at various times throughout the day.
B. all the subjects are of the same age, race, sex and education
49 kidney disease patients who were undergoing dialysis(透析)sections three times a week were given personal digital assistants, as 49 healthy volunteers were matched to the patients by age, race, education and sex.
混淆选项之一:部分没有提到的选项 (used are digital assistants)
C. the levels of happiness are little affected by health&&conditions
When researchers had studied the results, they found that the levels of happiness were about the same for the two groups.
D. both patients and healthy people overestimate their own happiness
also found that the healthy people greatly overestimated how unhappy the sick ones would be. And the sick people overestimated how happy healthy ones would be.
混淆选项之四:与文章内容相反
09年上海一模考试题杨浦区C篇
A study published in last week’s Journal of the American Medical Association offers a picture of how risky it is to get a lift from a teenage driver. Indeed, a 16-year-old driver with three or more passengers is three times as likely to have a fatal accident as a teenager driving alone. By contrast, the risk of death for drivers between 30 and 59 decreases with each additional passenger.
The author also found that the death rates for teenage drivers increased dramatically after 10 p.m., and especially after midnight. With passengers in the car, the driver was even more likely to die in a late-night accident.
Robert Foss, a scientist at the University of North Carolina Highway Safety Research Center, says the higher death rates for teenage drivers have less to do with “really stupid behavior” than with just a lack of driving experience. “The basic issue” he says, “is that adults who are responsible for issuing licenses fail to recognize how complex and skilled a task driving is.”
议论文的人物观点
Both he and the author of the study believe that the way to mitigate (使……缓解)the problem is to have states institute so-called graduated(分等级的) licensing systems, in which getting a license is a multi-stage process. A graduated license requires that a teenager first prove himself capable of driving in the presence of an adult, followed by a period of driving with night of passenger restrictions, before graduating to full driving privileges.
Graduated licensing systems have reduced teenage driver crashes, according to recent studies. About half of the states now have some sort of graduated licensing system in place, but only 10 of those states have restrictions on passengers. California is the strictest, with a novice(新手)driver prohibited from carrying any passenger under 20 (without the presence of an adult over 25)for the first six months.
72. Which of the following situations is most dangerous according to the passage?
A. An adult driving his colleague home after 10 p.m.
B. A teenager driving after midnight with passengers in the car.
C. An adult driving with three or more teenage passengers late at night.
D. A teenager driving alone on the highway at midnight.
A. An adult driving his colleague home after 10 p.m.
The author also found that the death rates for teenage drivers increased dramatically after 10 p.m.
混淆选项之一:部分没有提到 (his colleague)
B. A teenager driving after midnight with passengers in the car.
Indeed, a 16-year-old driver with three or more passengers is three times as likely to have a fatal accident as a teenager driving alone.
With passengers in the car, the driver was even more likely to die in a late-night accident.
D. A teenager driving alone on the highway at midnight.
C. An adult driving with three or more teenage passengers late at night.
混淆选项之一:部分没有提到
73.According to Robert Foss, the high death rate of teenage drivers is mainly due to _____ .
A. their stupid talking with passengers& && && && && &
B. their improper way of driving
C. their lack of driving experience& && && &
D. their breaking the traffic regulations
Robert Foss, a scientist at the University of North Carolina Highway Safety Research Center, says the higher death rates for teenage drivers have less to do with “really stupid behavior” than with just a lack of driving experience.
小心语法结构陷阱
74.At the first stage of the graduated licensing system, a teenage driver can _____ .
A. drive in the presence of an adult& && &&&
B. carry passengers under 20
C. drive friends home at night& && && && && && && && &
D. have the privilege to drive at full speed
A graduated license requires that a teenager first prove himself capable of driving in the presence of an adult, followed by a period of driving with night of passenger restrictions, before graduating to full driving privileges.
第五讲&&直击重点文体透析
——应用文解析
应用文体题材
Themes of Practical Writing
广告、书信、列车或飞机的时刻表、产品说明书、宣传海报、简明新闻
应用文特点
1. 题材新颖,文章多样化
2. 答案位置多变,难找出题点
3. 应用文中题型各异
You may read the questions first.
73. The word “talion” in introducing the book&&Eye for&&an Eye is probably a concept of ______.
A. medicine& && && && && && & B. trade& && && && && && && && && &
C. avenging& && && && && && &&&D. striving
单词同义替换词义理解题
找到原文出处,上下文内容
Analyzing the law of the talion -- an eye for eye, a tooth for a tooth -- William Ian Miller presents an original thinking over the concept of “pay back”
strive 努力,奋斗 strive to do = work hard to do
avenge / revenge 复仇
74. The book entitled A History of Modern Indonesia has focus on _______.
A. landscapes and tourist attractions in Indonesi& && &&&a
B. its fourth largest population in the world
C. its relatively unfamiliar and understudied economy
D. its social and political aspects in modern times
A History of Modern Indonesia 关键词
Although Indonesia has the fourth largest population in the world, its history is still relatively unfamiliar and understudied. Guided by the life and writings of the country’s most famous author, Pramoedya Ananta Toer, Adrian Vickers takes the reader on a journey across the social and political landscape of twentieth-century Indonesia in this timely account.
A. landscapes and tourist attractions in Indonesi& && &&&a
Adrian Vickers takes the reader on a journey across the social and political landscape
B. its fourth largest population in the world
混淆选项之六:和出题要求毫无关系的选项
C. its relatively unfamiliar and understudied economy
its history is still relatively unfamiliar and understudied.
75. What do these books have in common?
A. Their authors are introduced in detail.& && && &
B. They all have a hard back and a paperback.
C. Each of them is commented by a professor.
D. They are published by the same publishing house.
方法一:题目中没有关键词,一个个选项判断
A. Their authors are introduced in detail.
AD1:Ian Miller
AD2:David Lightfoot
AD3:Adrian Vickers
B. They all have a hard back and a paperback.
AD1:$ 28.00:Hardback: 0-521-4pp
C. Each of them is commented by a professor.
AD1: “William Ian Miller has written a marvelous book that I found absolutely attractive.”--- Wendy Doniger, University of Chicago.
D. They are published by the same publishing house.
09年上海徐汇区一模考试题B篇
Something Different with Franklin Cox, What’s On Around the City
If you are looking for something a bit “different” this week, visit Phyllis Radcliffe’s new exhibit-My Environment -at the Century Arts Center. Ms. Radcliffe certainly has a unique way of viewing the things around her! I must admit that I didn’t really understand some of her works. For example, “Flowers” didn’t really seem to have any flowers in it, and I didn’t see any cars in her “Traffic Jam.” But her use of color is truly amazing. If you’re looking for a way to expand your horizons, go take a look.
Weekend Hopping with Gillian Madsen, Northeastern NewsLast Sunday I went to see a new modern art exhibit by a young woman named Phyllis Radcliffe at the Century Arts Center. The whole gallery was filled with bizarre paintings and sculptures with names like “Flowers” and “Houses,” but I didn’t see anything that resembled any of those objects at all.
Instead, I saw a bunch of things that looked like my 8-year-old granddaughter brings home from art class at school! I don’t know anything about modern art, but I do know that staying at home and watching an old movie on video would have been a lot easier on my brain.
New Discoveries with Sylvia Whitcombe, Modern Art Lovers’ Digest
I am delighted to recommend Phyllis Radcliffe’s new exhibit: My Environment, now showing at the Century Arts Center. Ms. Radcliffe has evolved as an artist since her first show three years ago. Her use of color and form is breathtaking and her style shows a real passion for everyday thing in her life. While this exhibit may not be for everyone, I’m certain that many of you will find it both interesting and inspiring.
69. The word “bizarre” probably means ______.
A. ancient& && && && && && && && &B. strange& && && && && &
C. remarkable& && && && && & D. patriotic
The whole gallery was filled with bizarre paintings and sculptures with names like “Flowers” and “Houses,” but I didn’t see anything that resembled any of those objects at all. Instead, I saw a bunch of things that looked like my 8-year-old granddaughter brings home from art class at school!
ancient&&古代的,古老的
antique&&古董
remarkable&&出众,卓越的
remark&&评论
patriotic&&爱国的&&patriot&&爱国者
70. According to Sylvia Whitcombe, the exhibit is ______.
A. Phyllis Radcliffe’s first art show& && && && && &
B. beyond our understanding
C. well worth seeing& && && && && && && && && && && && && &
D. somewhat childish
I am delighted to recommend Phyllis Radcliffe’s new exhibit: My Environment, now showing at the Century Arts Center. Ms. Radcliffe has evolved as an artist since her first show three years ago. Her use of color and form is breathtaking and her style shows a real passion for everyday thing in her life. While this exhibit may not be for everyone, I’m certain that many of you will find it both interesting and inspiring.
recommend 推荐&&command 命令
evolve 进化&&Theory of Evolution 进化论
breathtaking 惊人的&&inspiring 激励人心,启发灵感的
70. According to Sylvia Whitcombe, the exhibit is ______.
A. Phyllis Radcliffe’s first art show& && && && && &
B. beyond our understanding
C. well worth seeing& && && && && && && && && && && && && &
D. somewhat childish
71. What can NOT be concluded about Phyllis Radcliffe&&from the three articles?
A. She has a unique interpretation of things around her.
B. She is quite talented in using colors and forms.
C. She is one of the greatest modern artists of the day.
D. Her works are disagreeable to the taste of some people.& && && && && &
需要全文寻找信息对选项一一做出判断
A. She has a unique interpretation of things around her.
& & Ms. Radcliffe certainly has a unique way of viewing the things around her!
B. She is quite talented in using colors and forms.
& & But her use of color is truly amazing.
C. She is one of the greatest modern artists of the day.
没有提到的选项
D. Her works are disagreeable to the taste of some&&people.
unique& &独一无二& &uni-: 一
uniform&&制服
interpret&&翻译,解释&&interpreter 翻译人员
talent&&能力
genius&&天才
agreeable&&令人愉快,宜人的 / disagreeable
09年上海崇明县一模考试题
BUS SERVICE
New York City — Brennan, New Jersey
(Trip time: 30 minutes each way )
Buses leave the Railway Station, New York at 7:00 a.m. and every half-hour thereafter(此后) until 11:30 p.m. (7 days a week).
Buses leave Brennan Station 20 minutes before and after every hour from 6:20 a.m. to 10:40 p.m. (7 days a week ).
Evening rush hours(5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.) buses leave the Railway Station, New York every 15 minutes (Monday — Friday).
Holidays: buses leave every hour on the hour time, each direction.
All tickets must be bought at Window 12, the Railway Station, New York, or at the Brennan Station Window before boarding buses.
69. What time does a bus leave New York for Brennan every Thursday?
A. 10:20 am.& && && && && && && && &B. 6:30 am.& && && && && &&&
C. 6:45 pm.& && && && && && && && & D. 4:40 pm.
提取重要信息,迷雾中寻找灯塔
leave New York for Brennan
every Thursday
Evening rush hours(5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.) buses leave the Railway Station, New York every 15 minutes (Monday — Friday).
70. Which is the latest bus you should take from Brennan if you have to arrive at the Railway Station, New York before 4:00 p. m. on Monday?
A. The 3:20 pm bus.& && && && && & B. The 3:00 pm bus.
C. The 3:30 pm bus.& && && &D. The 3:40 pm bus.
the latest bus take from Brennan before 4:00 p. m. on Monday
Buses leave Brennan Station 20 minutes before and after every hour from 6:20 a.m. to 10:40 p.m. (7 days a week ).
BUS SERVICE
New York City — Brennan, New Jersey
(Trip time: 30 minutes each way )
70. Which is the latest bus you should take from Brennan&&if you have to arrive at the Railway Station, New York before 4:00 p. m. on Monday?
A. The 3:20 pm bus.& && && && && & B. The 3:00 pm bus.
C. The 3:30 pm bus.& && && &D. The 3:40 pm bus.
71. What time does a bus leave Brennan for New York on Christmas Day?
A. 1:00 pm.& && && &B. 9:40 am.& &C. 3:15 pm.& && &&&D. 8:30 am.
On Christmas Day
Holidays: buses leave every hour on the hour time, each direction.
第六讲&&阅读新题型之完全攻略
上海高考新题型
1. 6个标题选5个& && &&&5题5分
2. 回答问题& && && && && & 4题8分
新题型一:6选5
1. 区分清楚选项之间的关联性
2. 抓出每个段落的重点信息
3. 进行匹配
2009年上海高考真题Section C&&6选5部分
A. Varieties of college dictionaries
B. Accessing dictionaries electronically
C. Elements under a word item
D. Complete editions of dictionaries
E. Using dictionaries for particular fields
F. Features of college dictionaries
& && &&&You’re probably most familiar with college dictionaries, often called abridged dictionaries. Although abridged means “shortened”, these dictionaries contain more than 150.000 entries and provide detailed definitions that are sufficient for most college students and general users.
College dictionaries also contain separate lists of abbreviations. Biographical and geographical names, foreign words and phrases. And tables of measures. Webster’s Ⅱ New Riverside University Dictionary and the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language are college dictionaries.
观点 + 例子
& && &&&Unabridged dictionaries contain as many as 500,000 entries and provide detailed definitions and extensive word histories (etymologies). These dictionaries, possibly in several volumes and mostly found in libraries, are excellent sources for scholarly inquiries. Unabridged dictionaries include the Oxford English Dictionary and the Random House Dictionary of the English Language.
& && &&&A dictionary entry has many elements: multiple definitions, syllabication, preferred spelling and pronunciation (some word have more than one acceptable spelling and pronunciation), and part-of-speech labels. Some entries also include plurals and capitalized forms. Synonyms, antonyms, and derivatives. Americanisms and etymologies may be provide along with usage notes, cross-references, and idioms.
& && &&&If you prefer using the dictionary on a computer, you can obtain CD-ROM versions of many major dictionaries. In addition, you can access numerous dictionaries, such as Webster’s Dictionary, on the Internet. Online dictionaries allow you to enter a search word (you even get help with spelling ) to see a definition, and sometimes even an illustration.
Online dictionaries also offer additional features, such as word games. Language tips, and amusing facts about words. Some online dictionary services allow you to access numerous dictionaries, both general and specialized, in on search.
& && &&&Specialized dictionaries provide in-depth information about a certain field. For example there are dictionaries for the specialized vocabularies of law, computer technology, and medicine. In addition, there are dictionaries of synonyms, clichés, slang, and even regional expressions. Such as the Dictionary of American Regional English(DARE). There are also dictionaries of foreign languages, famous people’s names, literary characters’ names and place names.
新题型二:回答问题题
上海、山东两地出题方式异同:
都有问答题,让考生从文章细节入手做题
1.& && &&&山东卷有开放题(主旨题),上海卷以封闭题为主
2.& && &&&山东卷有翻译题、同意转换题、文章填空题
2010年山东省高考回答问题题
76. What is the main idea of the text? (no more than 8 words)
77. Which sentence in the passage is closest in meaning to the following one?
By having dinner together family members can have free exchange of information and develop closer ties among them.
78. Fill in the blank in Paragraph 4 with proper words. (no more than 8 words)
79. What information can parents probably get about their children at family dinner? (no more than 12 words)
80. Translate the underlined sentence in paragraph 3 into Chinese.
2010年上海高考真题剖析
Phys ed (physical education) is making a comeback as a part of the school core curriculum(核心课程), but with a difference. While group sports are still part of the curriculum, the new way is to teach skills that are useful beyond gym class. Instead of learning how to climb a rope, children are taught to lift weights, balance their diets and build physical endurance. In this way,kids are given the tools and skills and experiences so they can lead a physically active life the rest of their life.
Considering that 15 percent of American children 6 to 18 are overweight, supporters say more money and thought must be put into phys ed curriculum. In many cases, that may mean not just replacing the old gym-class model with fitness programs but also starting up phys ed programs because school boards often &put P.E. on the chopping block, cutting it entirely or decreasing its teachers or the days it is offered,& says Alicia Moag-Stahlberg, the executive director of Action for Health Kids. The difference in phys ed programs is partly due to the lack of a national standard. &Physical education needs to be part of the core curriculum,& she added.
The wisdom of the new approach has some scientific support. Researchers at the University of Wisconsin have demonstrated how effective the fit-for-life model of gym class can be. They observed how 50 overweight children lost more weight when they cycled and skied cross-country than when they played sports. The researchers also found that teaching sports like football resulted in less overall movement, partly because reluctant students were able to sit on the bench.
Another problem with simply teaching group sports in gym class is that only a tiny percentage of students continue playing them after graduating from high school. The new method teaches sells that translate to adulthood.
(Note: Answer the questions or complete the statements in NO MORE THAN TEN WORDS.)
81. In the new P.E. program, children learn to lift weights, balance their diets and build physical endurance rather than _____
82. As for P.E., some school boards either ____
83. What are the two problems with simply teaching group sports?
84. What is the long-term benefit of the new P.E program?
81. In the new P.E. program, children learn to lift weights, balance their diets and build physical endurance rather than _____
解题思路:关键词找答案
解题要点一:注意词性
the new way is to teach skills that are useful beyond gym class. Instead of learning how to climb a rope, children are taught to lift weights, balance their diets and build physical endurance.
instead of = rather than
learn how to climb a rope
82. As for P.E., some school boards either ____
but also starting up phys ed programs because school boards often &put P.E. on the chopping block, cutting it entirely or decreasing its teachers or the days it is offered,&
解题要点二:抓重点、删枝节
put … on the chopping block 前过程
it is offered 定语从句结构
83. What are the two problems with simply teaching group sports?
Another problem with simply teaching group sports in gym class is that only a tiny percentage of students continue playing them after graduating from high school.
only a tiny percentage of students continue playing them after graduating from high school.
Another problem 上文前一句
The researchers also found that teaching sports like football resulted in less overall movement, partly because reluctant students were able to sit on the bench.
resulted in less overall movement
only a tiny percentage of students continue playing them after graduating from high school.
缩减成为:few students continue playing sports after graduation
Less overall movement and few students playing sports after graduation
84. What is the long-term benefit of the new P.E program?
long-term benefit 表示对将来的预期,在文章最后段找思路
The new method teaches sells that translate to adulthood.
The new method can translate to adulthood.
第七讲&&全面开启完型填空之密匙
高考完型填空考题特点
从语法到把握文章上下文含义的巨大改变
高考完型填空考察内容
1. 对于形近词、近义词的辨析
& & 10年上海高考真题53题
53. A. rewrote& && && &B. released& & C. recorded& && & D. reserved
2. 对于动词词组或者固定用法的熟练掌握
& & 09年上海高考真题51题
51.A. put up with& && && && && & B. catch up with& &&&C. make use of& && && & D. keep track of
3. 对于连接词的认知和辨析
& & 10年上海高考真题56题
56. A. However& && && && && &&&B. Moreover& &&&C. Instead& && &D. Therefore
4. 对于根据上下文选择单词的技巧把握
& & 09年上海高考真题50题
50. A. wrong& && && && && & B. unbelievable& && & C. reasonable& && && &&&D. realistic
10年上海高考真题完型解析
The first attempt of even the most talented artists, musicians, and writers is seldom a masterpiece, If you consider your drafts as dress rehearsals (彩排), or tryouts, revising will seem a natural part of the writing& &50& &.
完型技巧一:必读开头第一句
revising will seem a natural part of the writing…
If you consider your drafts as dress rehearsals (彩排), or tryouts, revising will seem a natural part of the writing&&50 C& &
50. A. technique&&B. style&&C. process& &D. career
What is the purpose of the dress rehearsals and the out-of-town previews that many Broadway shows go through? The answer is adding, deleting, replacing, reordering,& &51 revising. Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical Phantom of the Opera underwent such a process.&&
通过上下文寻找出题点和解题线索
51. A. in particular& &&&B. as a result& &&&
&&C. for example& &&&D. in other words
The answer is adding, deleting, replacing, reordering,& &51 D revising.
连接词解题技巧:注意前后关系
in other words 换句话说
in another way 从另一方面说 = on the other hand
in a way 从某种程度上
in a word&&总而言之
When Lloyd Webber began writing in 1984, he had in mind a funny, exciting production. However, when Phantom opened in London in 1986, the audience saw a moving psychological love story set to music. The music had& &52&&several revisions due, in part, to problems with costuming and makeup (戏服和化妆). For instance,&&Lloyd Webber& &53& &some of the music because the Phantom's makeup prevented the actor from singing certain sounds.
52. A. undergone& &B. skipped&&C. rejected&&D. replaced
53. A. rewrote& &B. released& &C. recorded& &D. reserved
The music had& &52 A&&several revisions due, in part, to problems with costuming and makeup (戏服和化妆).
undergo&&经历& && &&&skip&&跳过
reject&&排斥,抵制,驳回& && &&&replace&&代替
For instance,&&Lloyd Webber& &53 A& &some of the music because the Phantom's makeup prevented the actor from singing certain sounds.
rewrite 重写& && &&&release&&释放
record&&记录& && &&&reserve&&保留& && &&&
When you revise, you change aspects of your work in& &54 B& &to your evolving purpose, or to include& &55& &ideas or newly discovered information.
54. A. addition& && && && & B. response&&
& && &}

我要回帖

更多关于 provide用法 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信