1 like travelinglike with likeyou

Soad in some sun, discover the city and experience world-famous architecture in Marseille.
From the food to the architecture: This proud french city is worth discovering.
A famous art collection, amazing shops and good food: Within the ramparts of Avignon lies a lot to discover.
Fashion, food, and the happiest people on earth. Welcome to Copenhagen!Matthews民宿推荐【最受欢迎的20间民宿】-爱彼迎 Matthews, 北卡罗来纳州, 美国MiniTime requires JavaScript on your browser. Go to your browser's Help for easy instructions on how to enable it.
united states
outside the us
insider guides
Single Parent? Think Passport + Paperwork
Required documents when traveling internationally with kids
(Flickr: SeanToyer)
Question: We are about to take our first blended family vacation to . It will be me and my son with my boyfriend and his son. We all have our passports, but since our children’s other biological parents are not accompanying us, is there anything else that we might need to have? We are worried about customs both in Mexico and the US. Thank you! - Nicole from Avon Lake, OH
Answer: Concerns about child abductions have made governments around the world very cautious when one parent is traveling with a minor child to a foreign destination. Besides your passports, you should bring written consent from your child’s other biological parent plus your child’s birth certificate. Many countries require that the consent document be witnessed and notarized. Yet the specific rules about documentation differ from country to country, so you should check the
page for information about the requirements for your destination country.
From my own personal experience, I know that customs and border agents take this very seriously. A few years ago my kids and I were returning home by car after visiting the Canadian side of . The US border agent asked to see my passport and my children’s birth certificates, then looked into the backseat of my car and asked my youngest son (age 5 at the time) who I was. Next, he asked my other son (then age 8) for his full name and my first name. Because the agent handled it with humor, my kids thought it was exciting and not at all scary.
Here’s an excerpt from the State Department’s page about traveling to Mexico with minor children:
(Flickr: Frank Kovalchek)
“Mexican law requires that any non-Mexican citizen under the age of 18 departing Mexico must carry notarized written permission from any parent or guardian not traveling with the child to or from Mexico. This permission must include the name of the parent, the name of the child, the name of anyone traveling with the child, and the notarized signature(s) of the absent parent(s). The State Department recommends that the permission should include travel dates, destinations, airlines and a brief summary of the circumstances surrounding the travel. The child must be carrying the original letter—not a facsimile or scanned copy—as well as proof of the parent/child relationship (usually a birth certificate or court document) and an original custody decree, if applicable.”
I know of several sites where you can purchase the necessary travel forms for a fee, and others that let you download or print . I hope this helps you get started gathering what you need.
Lastly, I trust that you are aware of the US State Department’s travel warning for Mexico due to violence in the Northern region of the country near the US border. I assume that you will be visiting one of the many tourist destinations, such as
and the , that are very far from the area affected by violence. But it is a good idea to read the warning and be aware of the situation.
This Article Covers
More like this
Dreaming of a taking the family out to sea? Put your oceanic adventure o...
Big boys and girls grow up fast, but they still need help packing their ...
Tune up the car and start packing. We&ll tell you how to make the most o...
A mother of 3 young children asks: Can I bring breast milk on the airplane?
More to Explore
Little ones require big baggage. Here's everything you need to be prepar...
If you've ever had the urge to send your teenager packing, now's your ch...
No longer just a kid but not quite a teen, your tween is old enough now ...
Want to raise a kid who loves to travel? Let him get involved from an ea...
Want to avoid paying hefty baggage fees the next time you fly? These tip...
A great trip starts with perfect packing. Check out these packing tips f...
Everything you need to know all in one place.
Find the perfect fit. View hotels tailored to your familys profile.
Let your kids play all day at the best spots.美国过海关程序最全解读
我的图书馆
美国过海关程序最全解读
关于机票  关于如何订便宜机票的文章已经有太多了,这里不再赘述,不管是电话订票、网上订票还是通过旅行社订票,无论中转站是在中国还是外国,机票都是我们旅行之中最重要的物品之一。  所以第一件重要的事情就是把你的机票和护照放在一个容易拿到又十分安全的地方。换登机牌的时候注意事项  第一,换登机牌的时候是需要护照的,但仅仅凭护照是很难拿到登机牌的,还必须出示你的订票的证明,尤其是在网上订票的同学,有的时候订票的网站会显示一个确认号,这个号码是一定要知道的。我的建议是干脆将你订票的确认页(有航班信息的页)打印出来,和护照一起递给机场的工作人员。  第二,除非你住在北京上海,不然留学美国的同学十有八九是需要转机的,由于每个人的订票方式和乘坐的航空公司不同,当你在始发站换登机牌的时候有可能只换到一个登机牌,也有可能换到所有登机牌。一般来说,机场的工作人员会告诉你他/她会换给你几个登机牌,如果你对此有任何问题,一定要向工作人员问清楚。  第三,工作人员会问你托运几件行李,一般来说可以免费托运两件,不同的航空公司对免费托运行李的件数和重量可能会有不同的要求,这应当在买机票的时候询问。以国航(AIR CHINA)为例:对所有国内和国际航线——中美、中加和中巴航线(仅限在巴西购买的从巴西起飞的客票)除外,免费托运行李限额为:头等舱客票40公斤(88磅);公务舱客票30公斤(66磅),经济舱客票20公斤(44磅)。  另外,一般每人可以随身携带两件行李。航空公司有时会说,允许携带一个随身手提包和一件行李,这里的随身包其实并非单指手提包,大书包也算。  最后补充,如果你的托运行李只是超出了要求一点点,不用担心,基本上工作人员是会睁一只眼闭一只眼的。如果超过的有那么一点多,也先别急着交款,当场就把箱子打开,俩字儿:叨登。看看是不是可以将一些托运物品随身携带,以减轻箱子的重量。几个人一同上飞机还可以将行李算总重后均分。  第四点承接第二和第三点,换登机牌时要问清在中转站的时候是不是需要将托运行李取出,有时候即使所有的登机牌都已经在始发站换到,可到中转站的时候还是需要将托运行李取出,重新托运。尤其是在美国境内转机的同学,由于你需要入海关,大部分的时候你是必须在入关后取出行李重新托运的。  好了,现在拿好登机牌和护照,准备上飞机吧!起飞前  现在你已经告别了沉甸甸的大箱子,拎着随身行李要过安检了,保佑啊,可千万别响起可恶的哔哔声!  再和亲人朋友挥挥手,这是他们能送到的最远的地方了,这以后的路,真的是要自己走了!  要想顺利通过安检,第一点要注意的:液体。让我们一起谴责那个发明液态炸弹的人吧~随身携带的液体必须装在指定的透明袋子里(机场会提供),每个不能超过150毫升。  第二,请不要携带枪支弹药、管制刀具、警械、易燃易爆物品(如打火机气、酒精、油漆、烟花爆竹)、腐蚀性物品、剧毒物品以及其他危险品……  第三,如果你的包里有笔记本电脑,一定要将其从包里拿出来(但充电器不用拿出来)。别告诉我你的笔记本电脑让你托运了,难道你想让它被摔到支离破碎吗???  第四点要提醒在美国国内转机的同学,在美国国内安检是需要脱鞋的,外套和腰带也需要脱下来,所以,请避免穿尺码是你真实腰围2倍的裤子……  第五,如果你的随身行李没有问题,但人在经过安检门的时候听到了哔哔声,请不要紧张,检查一下兜里是不是有手机、MP3等物品,安检门是很敏感滴~有的时候还有可能是你的手镯、发卡、眼镜导致安检门特别关照你。别紧张,把身上多余的东西除去,再重新走一遍就没事了。  第六,万一你身上有什么违反了规定的物品,比如超大瓶的驱蚊花露水,工作人员会给你两条建议:一是将此物品托运,二是没收。至于怎么选嘛,仁者见仁智者见智,如果东西贵重就去托运,但机场包装是需要收费的;如果只是一瓶娃哈哈,我劝大家就送给工作人员润润喉咙吧~  现在对照你的登机牌上的登机口和机场指示牌,找到登机口,平静一下你的心情,等着检票上飞机吧!  在飞机上  从东半球到西半球,没有十几个小时怎么到得了嘛?!而对于在飞机上的这十几个小时,你准备好了吗?  第一条强烈建议:虽然现在是夏天,但请在随身包里带一件暖和的长袖外套。飞机上的空调吹得像不要钱似的,虽然基本上所有的航班都会提供毯子,但这个毯子其实是非常薄的,为了不在飞机上感冒,我们还是带一件长袖衣服吧。  第二,飞机餐。这该怎么说呢?基本上我还没听说过国内任何一家航空公司的飞机餐是得到好评的……不过据本人亲身经验,全日空和韩亚航空的飞机餐都是非常好吃且有特点的,另外新加坡航空的飞机餐也是广受表扬,美国的航空公司嘛,就很一般。有一点要注意的是,美国国内航班上吃飞机餐是需要收费的,但喝的东西不收费。  第三,如果空姐送餐时你正在睡觉,放心,空姐是不会把你叫醒吃饭的。如果你醒来之后发现周围的人都已经吃过了,不要紧,向空姐要你的那一份飞机餐(钱都在机票里了,不吃白不吃~),而且只要飞机上还有多余的飞机餐,空姐是不会拒绝你“再来一份”的要求的。  第四,在飞机上是可以使用笔记本电脑的,但不可以在起飞和降落时使用。另外使用电脑和看电视(就是你前面的座椅后面的小电视)的时侯不要影响到他人,最好自备耳机,因为有的飞机上耳机并不是免费的(如大陆航空)。  第五,我个人认为飞机上非常干燥,且空气不干净,所以请皮肤干燥的同学备好湿巾、喷雾、润肤膏等物品。  第六点也很重要,在大约距终点还有1~2个小时的时候,国际航班上的空姐会向每位旅客发放i-94表和海关申报单,这都是非常重要的入关文件,要仔细填。如果你不小心写错了,就再向空姐要一份,放心,她们手里有很多。  还要记住一句话:有困难找空姐!  飞机开始降落,耳朵痛了吧?拿好你的行李,千万别落在飞机上啊!入海关  一整个飞机的人浩浩荡荡地冲向了报关大厅,看大家的紧张样儿……谁也不想被“遣送回国”啊!  第一先排队……别排美国公民那个啊,去VISITOR那边……  第二,排到你的时候,请带点笑容好吗,俺可不是来寻仇的~把i-20、护照和i-94递过去,工作人员可能会问你几个问题,请简短地如实回答。问题不会很难,大概就问问你去哪个学校,住在哪,都去过哪些国家等等。以我多年的经验,回答问题时请切记两点:切不可答非所问;切不可画蛇添足。  第三,工作人员需要留你的指纹。如果我没记错的话,先是右手四个指头,然后右手大拇指;然后左手四个指头,左手大拇指。最后还要用摄像头给你照一张相。Ok啦。  第四,入关时什么情况都可能发生,请一定镇定!当遇到问题时请千万别着急上火,想办法解决,听从工作人员的指挥。  第五,当你取完行李后就可以直奔出口了,出口处会有工作人员收海关申报单的。取行李  关于取行李其实没有太多可讲的,我就随便唠叨唠叨吧。  第一,找准你的飞机的传送带,注意看屏幕。  第二,找准你的行李,别拿错了。  第三,你的行李有可能发生任何状况,请不要惊讶和慌张。由于装卸托运行李的时候都是“野蛮装卸”,所以说多多少少都会有碰撞,轻则脏兮兮、划两道、撞碎个角;重则……箱子彻底解体了……所以,身上这时就需要备有大塑料袋,万一箱子碎了的时候还可以用这些塑料袋来装东西。  第四,如果你找不到你的行李了,请尽快联系工作人员。如果没丢,他/她会帮你找到;如果真的丢了,他/她会帮你找到航空公司柜台赔偿。  第五,任何问题,不管是关于行李、关于交通、关于食宿,大胆的问,机场的问讯处(Info)会有很多有用的信息。  哈哈,冲出机场,要开始新的生活啦! 如何填写美国海关申报表?(中英对照)论是K1,CR1还是美国公民或是持有观光签证的游客,每一位到达美国的人士都必须填写一份海关申报表〈CBP Declaration Form 6059B〉,一个家庭只需填写一份申报表。 填写海关申请表时请据实以报,因为美国海关人员有时候会抽查入境旅客的行李,如果您所带的东西被查到没有据实以报,依法海关可以没收您的财物,并且留下不良的纪录。以后再次进入美国时,可能每次都会被检查行李。 如何填写海关申报表〈中英文对照〉: Each arriving traveler or head of family must provide the following information (only ONE written declaration per family is required): 每一位入境美国的游客或一家之主必须提供以下数据 (一个家庭只须申报一份): 1. Family Name姓:______ First(Given)名 ______ Middle中间名 ______ 2. Birth date出生日期: Day日 ________ Month月 ________ Year年 ________ 3. Number of family members traveling with you〈与你同行的家庭成员人数〉: 4. a. U.S. street address (hotel name/destination):〈在美居住地址(旅馆名称/目的地〉:  b. City 〈城市〉 c. State 〈州〉 5. Passport issue by (country):〈发护照国家〉 6. Passport number:〈护照号码〉 7. Country of Residence:〈居住国家〉 8. Countries visited on this trip prior to U.S. arrival:〈此次旅游时来美国之前去过的国家〉 9. Airline/Flight No. or Vessel Name: 〈航空公司/班机号码或船名〉: 10. The primary purpose of this trip is BUSINESS ○ YES ○NO〈此次旅程的目的主要是商务 ○ 是 ○否〉 11. I am (We are) bringing: 〈我(我们)携带〉: a. fruits, vegetables, plants, seeds, food, insects: Yes No〈水果,植物,食物或昆虫?是 否〉 b. meats, animals, animal/wildlife products: Yes No 〈肉类、动物或动物/野生动物制品? 是 否〉 c. disease agents, cell cultures, snails:Yes No 〈带病原体、细胞培养或蜗牛? 是 否〉 d. soil or have been on a farm/ranch/pasture:Yes No 〈土壤或你曾经去过美国境外的农场或牧场吗?是 否〉 12. I have (We have) been in close proximity of (such as touching or handling) livestock outside:Yes No〈我有(我们有)靠近(如触碰或接触)牲畜○ 是 ○否?〉 13. I am (We are) carrying currency or monetary instruments over $10,000 U.S. or the foreign equivalent. ○ YES ○NO 〈你携带现金或财物品,其价值超过一万美金或相当于一万美金的外币吗? ○是 ○否〉 14. I have (We have) commercial merchandise: (article for sale, samples used for soliciting orders, or goods that are not considered personal effects)○ YES ○NO〈我(我们)有携带商品:(贩卖物品、商业样品或任何不属于个人所有的物品)○是 ○否〉 15. Residents - the total value of all good, including commercial merchandise I/We have purchased or acquired abroad, (including gifts for someone else, but not items mailed to the U.S.) and am/are bringing to the U.S. is:〈美国居民- 我们带入美国所有物品(包含商品及礼品,但不包含邮寄入美国的物品)的总价值为:〉 Visitors - the total value of all article that will remain in the U.S., including commercial merchandise is: 〈观光客- 将留在美国境内的物品价值为(包含商品): Read the instruction on the back of this form. Space is provided to list all the items you must declare.〈请阅本表读背面的说明,请将须申报的物品在空格内列出〉 I HAVE READ THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE REVERSE SIDE OF THIS FORM AND HAVE MADE A TRUTHFUL DECLARATION. 〈我已阅读过背面的说明,且已就实申报〉 S Date (day/month/year)〈签名及日期(日/月/年)〉源于网络
TA的最新馆藏}

我要回帖

更多关于 someone like you 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信