what does meandoestheunderlinedwordmenumean

What does the underlined word “sash”mean in Chinese?
What does the underlined word “sash”mean in Chinese?划线的单词“sash”在中文里是什么意思?sash名词 n.1.饰带;肩带;腰带2.【军】饰带;肩带3.窗框及物动词 vt.1.给...系上腰带(或饰带等)2.给...装上窗框
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
划有有下划线的字“sash”的中文意思是什么?
It means very happy 下划线的词是什么“高兴”的意思是中国人吗 高兴。 它问你glad in chinese。那你用中文回答就好了嘛= = 高兴的,
扫描下载二维码“But the man, who was called Adam, was all alone and lonely. God said ‘It’s not good for man to be alone. I will make a good companion for him.’” What does the underlined word mean?
A.onone’sown
B.happy
C.unhappy
D.evil
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:
“But the man, who was called Adam, was all alone and lonely. God said ‘It’s not good for man to be alone. I will make a good companion for him.’” What does the underlined word mean?
A.onone’sown
B.happy
C.unhappy
D.evil
“But the man, who was called Adam, was all alone and lonely. God said ‘It’s not good for man to be alone. I will make a good companion for him.’” What does the underlined word mean?
A.onone’sown
B.happy
C.unhappy
D.evil
科目:最佳答案解析
试题分析:此题重点考查同义词,happy高兴;unhappy不高兴;evil邪恶的,alone="by" oneself独自一人,相当于on one’s own,故选A点评:该题题干虽然很长,但是根据语义理解被考查词的含义,比较选项中的不同含义,最终找到和被考查词的近义词或同义词,也可排除干扰项知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心ThestudentsatShadySideultimatelymodeltheirteachers’ownpassiontolearn.Whatdoestheunderlinedwordmean?Itmeans“_______”.A.finallyB.pletelyA吉林省长春外国语学校学年高一上学期期中考试英语试题答案53.What does the underlined word“stable mean in Chinese? A.幸福的 b.稳定的 C.健康的 D.坚定的——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
53.What does the underlined word“stable mean in Chinese? A.幸福的 b.稳定的 C.健康的 D.坚定的 【】
题目列表(包括答案和解析)
下面为同学们推荐部分热门搜索同步练习册答案,要查找更多练习册答案请点击访问
In the past, when people had problems, they usuallywent to their families or friends to get advice. Today it is possible to getadvice from radio shows, TV programmes and telephone hot lines. A hot line is atelephone line. It offers a direct way of getting in touch with advisers. Mosthot lines are completely anonymous. That is to say, callers do not haveto say their names or telephone numbers. Most hot lines are free. Callers donot have to pay for the advice or the phone calls. At some hot lines, theadvisers are volunteers. Other hot lines pay their advisers for their work.Usually the advisers are full-time-job people with years of education andexperience, but sometimes, the advisers have only taken a short class beforestarting to work on the hot line. All the advisers listen to people and helpthem solve their problems.1.How did people get advice when they had problems inthe past?A.They listenedto the radioB.They went totheir families or friendsC.They watchedTV programmesD.They madetelephone calls2.What is a telephone hot line?A.A hottelephoneB.A phone callto the listenersC.A telephoneline for people to get adviceD.A trainingclass on the phone3.What does the underlined word anonymous mean inChinese in the passage?A.匿名的&&&&&&&&&& B.虔诚的&&&&&&&&&& C.开放的&&&&&&&&&& D.免费的4.According to the passage, how does a caller get intouch with the adviser working on the hot line?&
Everything has a name.Allpeople,places,and thingshave names.For example,Jennyis the name of a student from England.England isthe name of a country.Cities and towns have names,too.Schools and officebuildings also have names.For example,tomato,potato and bean are names of vegetables.Apple,orange,and banana are names of fruit.Names are important.We use namesevery day.When we meet a new person,we usually ask,“What’s yourname?”It’s important to learn a person’s name.Mostpeople have two names.Some people have more names.Names are different all over the world.In Jenny’s class.Jenny mustlearn the names of the students from all over the world.This is very difficult because the names are verydifferent.In the United States,mostpeople have a first name,a middle name and a last name.Parents choose the first and middle names for theirbabies.There are names for boys and names forgirls.The last name is the family name.Usually it is the father’s family name.In a family,the mother,the father, and the children usually have the same last name.Sometimes a person has a nickname,too.A nickname is a special(特有的)name.It’s not a person’s realname.Abraham Lincoln’s nickname was“Honest Abe”.An honest person(一个诚实的人)alwaystells the truth,and Abe is short for Abraham.Because he was an honest person.his nickname was Honest Abe.Pele(贝利)is a nickname,too.The football player’sreal name is Edison Aeraesde Nascimento,but everyonecalls him Pele.Do you have a nickname?Names are different all over the world.They can be long or short.but they are always very important1.What is Jenny?A.A student &&&&&&& B.A teacher &&&&&&&& C.An American &&&&& D.A nickname2.What does the underlined(划线的) word “nickname” mean in Chinese?A.乳名&&&&&&&&&&&& B.真名&&&&&&&&&&&& C.绰号&&&&&&&&&&&& D.别名3.What is Pele’s real name?A.Honest Abe.B.AbrahamLincoln.C.EdisonAeraesde Nascimento.D.We don’t know.4.Usually the last name is________ family name.A.the father’s&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.the mother’sC.thegrandmother’s&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.The teacher’s5.Why is it difficult to learn names all over theworld?A.Some peoplehave nicknames.B.There aremany names all over the world.C.Some namesare very long,and some are very short.D.The names indifferent countries are different.&
Answer the questions. &&&&&&&& Mydaughter, Tina, began to look for a job several months before she graduatedfrom university. “Because of the financial crisis(金融危机),it is moredifficult to get into a company than to take the college entrance exam.” I toldher, “You shouldn’t have too much hope or you would feel really disappointed.”Tina applied for a position in a company in the city center. The competitionwas fierce. The company was to employ only one among the twenty people. Tinasaid to me, “I am not afraid of disappointment. As long as I try, there willalways behope! ” &&&&&&&& Everythingseemed to go quite well and Tina passed the first round and entered the finalin a week’s time. &&&&&&&& Onthe day of the final interview, Tina and two other candidates (候选人)arrived on time, waiting for the test. To their greatsurprise, the interview was quite simple, and the intereviewer only chattedwith them for a moment. The interviewer said to them, “All of you are super.Please go home and wait for our anwer. We will tell you the result in three days.Good luck to all of you!” On the third day, Tina received the message from thecompany telling her that she was not employed. She felf upset. In order tocomfort her, I pretended to be relaxed and said, “It does not matter! I believeyou will have more opportunities in the future!”&&&&&&&& Latein the afternoon, Tina suddenly told me excitedly on the phone, “Dad,good news. I’ve mde it! ” I could not wait to ask her, “What’s the wholematter?” Tina told me that she received a second message saying that she wasemployed. She was so confused that she made a call to the company. In fact, themessage Tina got in the morning was alse part of the test of the interview. Thethree candidates received the same message this morning and only Tina’s replywas satisfying to the company. “How did all of you reply?” I asked. “One didnot reply. The other said ‘Goodbye’ and I said ‘Thank you’ .”1.HasTina graduated form universtiy? (此题1分)2.Inthe writer’s opinion, which was moredifficult, to get into a company or to take the college entrance exam? 3.Howmany people entered the final round of the competition? 4.Whydid the writer pretend to be relaxed when he learned Tina was not employed? 5.Whatdoes the underlined sentence mean “I’ve made it!” mean in English? It means “_______________________________”. 6.Whatcan we learn from Tina? (Give at least two points.) (此题3分)&
Nathan Sawaya's childhood was a lot of fun. He drewcartoons, wrote stories, and played with plastic toy bricks (积木). His grandparents bought his first set of toy brickswhen he was five years old and he's been building with toy bricks ever since.He even took his building bricks to college with him! Instead of books and acomputer, he had a model of Greenwich Village made of bricks on his desk.Nathan started as a lawyer but gave up His highly-paid(高薪的) job to become an artist that uses toys inhis art. He uses toy bricks to build everything from the Statue of Liberty(自由女神像) to Superman! He has more than 1.5 million coloredbricks in his working room in New York which he uses to make pieces of art. Hestarted by building small models but then decided to do something big andcreated a self-portrait (自画像). It took him two days just to build theeyes.Nathan's work has appeared in museums around theworld. Children love his art because it is made out of the same toys that theyplay with at home and adults love his work because it is fascinating. Since itbegan in2007, Nathan's exhibition &The Art of the Brick& has beenvery popular with museum visitors everywhere.&I'm proud that I took a dream I had as a child,to become an artist, and I have actually made a job out of it,& saysNathan. &To do what you love in life is the most important thing.&1.What did Nathan put on his desk at college?A.The Statue ofLiberty.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Superman.C.Hisserf-portrait.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.A GreenwichVillage modal.2.Why did Nathan give up his job as a lawyer?A.Because hemade little money out of a lawyer.B.Because hewanted to make toys for the children.C.Because hedecided to become an artist of toy bricks.D.Because hewas going to work in the museum instead.3.What does the underlined word &it& inParagraph 3 refer to?A.Nathan'swork.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Nathan'sexhibition.C.Nathan's art.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Nathan'sself-portrait4.What would be the best title for the passage?A.The BrickArtist&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.The BrickExhibitionC.Toy Bricksfor Adults&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.The Artist'sChildhood&
One summer vacation in my college, my roommate Tedasked to me to work on his father’s farm in Argentina. The idea was exciting.Then I had second thoughts. I had never been far from New England, and I hadbeen homesick my first few weeks at college. What about the language? The moreI thought about it, the more the idea worried me. Finally, I turned down the invitation. Then I realizedI had turned down something I wanted to do because I was scared and feltdepressed(沮丧). That experience taught me a valuablelesson and I developed a rule for myself: do what makes you anxious(焦虑); don’t do what makes you depressed. In my senior year, I wanted to be a writer. But myprofessor wanted me to teach. I hesitated. The idea of writing was much scarierthan spending a summer in Argentina. Back and forth I went, making my decision,unmaking it. Suddenly I realized that every time I gave up the idea of writing,that downhearted feeling went through me.Giving up writing really depressed me. Then I learnedanother lesson. To avoid the depression meant having to bear much worry andconcern.When I first began writing articles, I ofteninterviewed big names. Before each interview I would get butterflies in thestomach. One of them was the great composer Duke Ellington. On the stage and ontelevision, he seemed very confident. Then I learned Ellington still got stagefright(害怕). If Ellington still had anxiety attacks,how could I avoid them? I went on doing those frightening interviews. Little bylittle, I was even looking forward to the interviews. Where were thosebutterflies?In truth, they were still there, but fewer of them. Ihad learned from a process psychologists(心理学家) call “extinction”.If you put an individual in an anxious situation often, finally there isn’tanything to be worried about, which brings me to a conclusion: you’ll never getrid of anxiety by avoiding the things that caused it. The point is that the new, the different, isdefinitely scary. But each time you try something, you learn, and as thelearning piles up, the world opens to you. 1.We can infer from the passage that theauthor________.&A.finds itdifficult to make decisionB.has found outwhat causes anxiety C.wasencouraged by Duke Ellington’s stage frightD.no longerfeels anxious about new experiences2.What does the word “extinction” in Paragraph6 means?A.a person’s loss of confidence little by littleB.the naturaldevelopment of a child’s abilitiesC.the inbornability to avoid anxious situations D.the processof losing fear by keeping facing anxiety3.Which of the following opinions does the writerprobably accept?A.Anxiety canbe a positive driveB.Hesitationleads to depression.C.Avoidinganxiety reduces depression.D.Depression isa signal that one is growing up.4.What's the best title for the passage?A.Confidence:Key to SuccessB.Anxiety:Challenge by Another NameC.Depression: APsychological AppearanceD.Success: ATrip Through Anxiety and Depression&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!What does the underlined word “wacky in Paragraph 4 probably mean?A. Special and difficult. B. ——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
What does the underlined word “wacky in Paragraph 4 probably mean?A. Special and difficult. B. Funny and stupid.C. Strange and unusual. D. Interesting and inspiring. 【】
题目列表(包括答案和解析)
下面为同学们推荐部分热门搜索同步练习册答案,要查找更多练习册答案请点击访问
Steve Jobs made technology fun.The co-founder of Apple died last Wednesday at the age of fifty-six He had fought for years against cancer.Mourners gathered outside his house in Palo Alto, California, and Apple stores around the world. Tim Bajarin, president of a high-tech research and consulting company, said "If you actually look at a tech leader, they're really happy if they have one hit in their life.Steve Jobs has the Apple II, the Mac, the iPod, the iPhone, the iPad and Pixar." Steve Jobs was a college dropout.He was adopted by a machinist and his wife, an accountant.They supported his early interest in electronics. He and his friend Steve Wozniak started Apple Computer—now just called Apple—in nineteen seventy-six.They stayed at the company until nineteen eighty-five.That year, Steve Wozniak returned to college and Steve Jobs left in a dispute(分歧)with the chief executive. Mr.Jobs then formed his own company, called NeXT Computer.He rejoined Apple in nineteen ninety-seven after it bought NeXT.He helped remake Apple from a business that was in bad shape then to one of the most valuable companies in the world today. Steve Wozniak, speaking on CNN, remembered his longtime friend as a "great visionary and leader'' and a "marketing genius(天才)". President Obama said in a statement: "By building one of the planet's most successful companies from his garage, he exemplified the spirit of American ingenuity.By making computers personal and putting the Internet in our pockets, he made the information revolution not only accessible, but intuitive and fun." David Carroll is a professor at Parsons School of Design in New York City.He says Steve Jobs not only revolutionized technology, he also revolutionized American business. "The fact that he was able to redesign American commerce top to bottom and across is really stunning (令人惊奇的).He probably will be considered an industrial giant on the scale of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford, so one of the great[s] of all time." David Carroll said. Steve Jobs stepped down as Apple's chief executive in August because of his health.He died a day after the company released a new iPhone version that met with limited excitement.Apple's new chief, Tim Cook, will also have to deal with the new Kindle Fire tablet computer .It costs less than half as much as an iPad but also does less.1.Why did people all over the world mourn Steve Jobs?A.He was very courageous in the face of cancer.B.He became very rich though dropping out college.C.He released a new iPhone version before death.D.He revolutionized technology and made it enjoyable.2.Which of the following can easily prove that Jobs is a "marketing genius"?A.After Apple, he founded NeXT Computer.B.He made Apple very valuable once again in the world.C.He developed a series of Apple products.D.He was considered the greatest industrial figure of all time.3.What does the underlined part in Paragraph 7 mean?A.Jobs was a typical example of American spirit of creation.B.Jobs enriched the American spirit of science and freedom.C.Jobs eventually realized his American dream.D.American people are good at inventing things.4.Which of the following is true according to the text?A.Jobs's parents discouraged him from working on electronicsB.Jobs stayed in Apple as chief executive for about 24 years.C.Jobs started his career in his family garage.D.Run unsuccessfully, Apple was sold to NeXT Computer.
I was the youngest of five boys and also had four sisters who had to pull together and take care of each other. Dad wasn't around, so I never knew him well. He killed himself when I was three years old, leaving mom with the job of raising nine kids. She was a very hard worker, and in order to make ends meet, she hardly ever rested. With my mom as my example, I learned that hard work is the best way to get what you want. Even as a little boy, I knew I was going to be successful. Regardless of what I chose, I wanted to make my brothers, sisters and mom proud of me—not only by being successful in what I chose to do, but also as a person who could be looked up to for the right reasons. Surprising as it might seem, basketball wasn't in my plans. One day, my mom cut a rim(边缘) off an old water barrel(水桶) and then held it up for me to throw an old rubber ball through. By junior high, I started playing basketball on a team. I loved to compete. For me, it paid off. I always put the effort in, every day. I am grateful for the life I've enjoyed as a basketball star. Basketball is not life. It can be exciting. But the most important thing about basketball is that it gives me a way to do good things for others as I move through this journey called life.1.It can be inferred that the author's________.A.brothers were more famous than himB.mother had a great influence on his careerC.father loved his children and wife very muchD.family was rich and happy when he was a child2.Why did the author's father kill himself?A.Because the family was poor.B.Because he often quarreled with his wife.C.Because he was seriously ill.D.The passage didn't tell us the reason.3.From the second paragraph, we can infer that________.A.the author was respected as a brave boyB.the author's family didn't like his careerC.the author got on well with his mother, brothers and sistersD.the author helped his brothers and sisters succeed4.What does the author get from basketball?A.How to do good things for others.B.Life is as hard as playing basketball.C.Cooperation with others is important.D.Two heads are wiser than one.
A team of US psychologists have found that talking to another person for ten minutes a day helps with memory. "Socializing is just as effective as more traditional kinds of mental exercise in boosting memory and intellectual performance," Oscar Ybarra, a psychologist at the University of Michigan Institute for Social Research, said in a statement. In one investigation, they analyzed data on 3610 people, aged 24 to 96. They found that the higher their level of social interaction (交流), the better their cognitive (认知的) functioning.& Social interaction includes getting together or having phone chats with relatives, freinds and neighbors. In another experiment, the researchers conducted lab tests on 76 college students, aged 18 to 21, to evaluate how social interactions and intellectual exercises affected the results of memory and mental performance tests.The students were divided into three groups: the social interaction group had a discussion of a social issue for 10 minutes bef the intellectual activities group completed three tasks (including a reading comprehension exercise and a crossword puzzle) and a control group (对照组) watched a 10-minute clip (电源片段) of the Seinfeld television show. "We found that short-term social interaction lasting for just 10 minutes improved participants’ intellectual performance as much as engaging in so-called ’intellectual’ activities for the same amount of time," Ybarra said. The study was expected to be published in the February issue of the journal Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin.1.The underlined word "boosting" in the second paragraph can be replaced by ______.A.improvingB.decreasingC.preventingD.training2.Which is not included in social interaction?A.Having a talk with a neighbor.B.Attending a birthday party.C.Watching TV at home alone.D.Calling your classmates3.What’s the purpose of the experiment on 76 college students?A.To judge the effect of social interaction on memory and intelligence.B.To find out what is real social interaction.C.To learn how much time is needed for social interaction.D.To show the function of people’s cognition.4.Which of the following questions may be asked in the social interaction group in the experiment?A.What does the author want to show us?B.Do you like living in a big city or a small one?C.Which word can be used to fill in the blank?D.What is the main idea of the second paragraph?5.What’s the main idea of the passage?A.Intellectual exercises improve memory.B.Different people have different ways of communicationC.Communicating with others keeps you healthy.D.Social interaction makes you smart
Ways to Burn More CaloriesRun through waterRunning in water is one of the toughest activities you can perform because the wet stuff is about 12 to 15 times as resistant (具有阻力的) as air. Try your hardest to run and you can burn about 17 calories per minute.Start fast Don’t be fooled — slow and steady won’t win the race. A recent study found that after a short warm-up, cyclists who rode hard during the first half of their workouts and then slowed for the second half burned about 10 percent more calories than those who started slow and finished fast.Take to the sand Here is some easy-to-remember advice on burning calories: the softer the surface, the more you burn. By walking or running on the beach, you can use up 20 to 50 percent more calories than you do going at the same pace on a hard trail.Shut up and danceHere’s the perfect excuse to sign up for that hip-hop dance class you’ve been eager to try. Surprising your body with new activities — dance, a new sport, you name it — forces it to work harder because it’s doing unfamiliar movements and using muscle groups in different ways.Use your armsGetting both your upper and lower body involved can provide a big calorie-burning advantage. So if you’re short of time or want to get everything you can out of your usual 45-minute workout, try total-body activities such as rowing ormming. You can evenng your arms as hard as you can while you walk.1.How can water help you burn more calories? A.By pushing your body.B.By wetting your clothes and shoes.C.By forcing you to run faster.D.By forcing your body to work harder.2.What does “it” in Part 4 refer to?A.Dance.B.Movement.C.Body.D.Muscle.3.Which of the following statements is TRUE?A.One can burn more calories when walking on the sand than on land.B.One can burn more calories when walking on stones than on earth.C.One can burn more calories when running in water than on the sand.D.One can burn more calories when exercising using the upper body than using the lower body.
About ten years ago when I was an undergraduate in college in New York, I was working as a practice student at my University's Museum of Natural History. One day while I was working at the cash register in the gift shop, I saw an elderly couple come in with a little girl in wheelchair.As I looked closer at this girl, I saw that she was seated on her chair. I then realized she had no arms or legs, just a head, neck and the trunk of the human body. She was wearing a little white dress with the patterns of red roses and yellow dots.As the couple wheeled her up to me I was looking down at the register. I turned my head toward the girl and gave her a wink(眨眼示意). As I took the money from her grandparents, I looked back at the girl, who was giving me the most beautiful, largest smile I have ever seenAll of a sudden her handicap was gone and all I saw was this beautiful girl, whose smile just melted me and almost instantly gave me a completely new sense of what life is all about. I immediately felt full of hope and confidence. She took me, a poor, unhappy college student, into her world, a world of smiles, love and warmth.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&That was ten years ago, but I still remember it clearly as if it happened just yesterday. I'm a successful business person now and whenever I get down and think about the troubles of the world, I think about that little girl and the remarkable lesson about life that she taught me.1.What was the writer a decade ago?A.A worker working in a university.B.A teacher teaching in a college.C.A clerk working in a museum.D.A university student who had not yet taken a degree.2.What does the underlined world “handicap” in Paragraph 4 probably mean?A.Life difficulty.B.Troublesome problem.C.Failure in work.D.Physical disability.3.How did the writer probably feel before meeting the disabled girl?A.She felt full of hope.B.She was filled with confidence.C.She felt unhappy because of poverty.D.She felt life was beautiful.4.Which of the following title suits this passage best?A.A Disabled Girl.B.A Disabled Girl’s Smile.C.Full of Hope.D.Full of Confidence.
1-15 &&CDDCC& CABDC&& BCBCC 16-35&& CBBAC& ADCAB&& CCBAB&&& BCBCA36-50 &&CABBB& ACBAB &&CBDCD 51-55 &&BGEAD【短文改错】My brother Tom was very selfish when he was a little boy. He did not
want ∧ share things
towith other people. For example, when he buy
a chocolate cake, he put them in a secret placebought&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&itwhere I couldn’t find it. Then he ate it
all by himself. He never helped other. He said he is busy. others& &&&&&&&wasThat is, a game of tennis making him
very busy. He did not care if something he did& made madepeople angry. For instance,& one night he played strong and loudly
music till four o’clock in the loudmorning. But now he is difference.
He often helps grandma with housework, helps mom with differentcooking and helps his classmates with his
lessons. & theirOne possible version:On a sunny day in April, we organized a community environmental
program called “Love Our Community” in order to create a cleaner and more
harmonious community.In the morning, we went to clean the streets and wash the windows in
the community. We swept up the fallen leaves and the rubbish, and put them into
the dustbins. After that, we learned from an experienced gardener about how to
trim trees and bushes. We carefully observed the gardener and then we did it by
ourselves. In the afternoon, we gave a lecture about the environment for the residents
of the community. They listened very carefully. Obviously, they liked our
lecture very much. Meanwhile, we handed out environmental leaflets to
passers-by in the community.From this program, we have learned a lot about how to protect our
environment and makemore people realize the significance of
protecting the environment.&&&&&&&&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!}

我要回帖

更多关于 what does mean 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信