您的网络环境存在异常,
请输入验证码
验证码输入错误,请重新输入百度拇指医生
&&&普通咨询
您的网络环境存在异常,
请输入验证码
验证码输入错误,请重新输入One breast engorged..help please 🙏🏻 - BabyCenter
Please click
if you are not redirected within a few seconds.
This site requires Javascript enabled on the web browser.
advertisement
advertisement
One breast engorged..help please 🙏🏻
Posted 07/28/2016
My breasts were both engorged when my milk came in 2 days ago but I have managed to release the pressure from one. I have blisters on both my nipples and it's incredibly painful. My other breast is not getting better... Rock hard and hurts to massage it. The blister on this breast is bigger and I'm using lansinoh. I cannot even express the milk by hand and the pump barely gets drops out (where as the other breast it comes out in small streams) I let her nurse on it and it sounds and feels like milk is coming out but it really doesn't take away the rock hard feeling towards the outside. HELP!!!! ?
<div class="reaction_count_value reaction_count_position0" id="reaction_hug_total_
Posted 07/28/2016
I have milk blisters on one side. Easiest way I've found to treat it is oil on the nipple, cover in Saran Wrap and put heat on it. Do that until blister is soft. Then nurse or pump. It hurts at first, but eventually feels much better. Then make sure you don't let milk dry on nipple or it will keep happening.
Posted 07/28/2016
I would get in touch with a lactation consultant, either through your pediatrician or the hospital where you delivered. We saw ours yesterday after a few days of torture, and already things are SO
(significant other) much better. She was extremely helpful. Have you tried standing under the hot water in the shower while you massage/express? It helps to put a wash/burp cloth over your breasts to protect your already painful nipples from the water stream.
Posted 07/29/2016
I have milk blisters on one side. Easiest way I&#39;ve found to treat it is o...
So you think the blister being hard is what's stopping the milk from flowing? It makes sense. That's interesting to not let milk dry on it because I've heard that breast milk is the best remedy for damaged nipples and I did it with my last child
Posted 07/29/2016
I would get in touch with a lactation consultant, either through your pediatr...
Yes I have tried that. That's what worked for my last child but this time, nope. I even tried putting a hot bean bag, heating pad, and massaging at the same time and nothing! I'm trying to avoid the lactation consultant but I think I'm gonna have to do that if I don't find relief. Thank you for your response ?
Posted 07/29/2016
So you think the blister being hard is what&#39;s stopping the milk from flow...
That's what I was doing too. But it was causing it to clog and then I found the top not draining at all. ?
In Reply to FunMoonMoon
To reply to All, click the X.
Add a comment
Uploading...
advertisement
Learn more
Look how far your child has come.
Review your child's growth milestones.
Read about .
Your growing child
Your baby may favor one hand for a while and then switch to the other. But you can't really tell whether she's a lefty or a righty until she's about 2 or 3 years old.
Soon your baby may let you know that he's ready to try eating finger foods by grabbing the spoon you're feeding him with or snatching food off your plate. Scatter four or five pieces of finger food onto your baby's highchair tray or an unbreakable plate.
New grandparents mean well. They really do. They just tend to mean well a little too much sometimes.
Your baby may have already started feeding himself finger foods, although this can begin as late as 10 months. Once he reaches this stage, you can introduce a sippy cup.
By now, you may have already told your baby that the phone isn't a toy, or that rattles aren't for throwing, or that her sister's hair isn't for pulling. At this age, your baby may begin testing your authority by refusing to follow your simple directions.
Learn more
What's next for your growing child?
Get a glimpse of what's to come.
Read about .
Related Posts
By debzmomof3
Ok so my breast milk finally came in and its too much!!! My boobs look disfigured and swollen nipples too!!...
By AutoMarch
I've weaned my LO off the breast milk and now I'm 4 days in and I can't seem to dry up my milk. I'm only...
By kaylak93
So my lo is 5 days old and we had a really hard time getting him to patch from the get go. When we finally...
Related Groups
Badge nomination
The nominee
Please choose a badge
Tell us why
Why are you nominating this member for a badge? Please explain briefly or provide a link to support your nomination.
Please tell us why
Your nomination has been submitted.
Please be patient. It can take a week to work through the nominations and assign badges.
BabyCenter Shortcuts
BabyCenter Mobile
Our U.S. Sites
Our International Sites
Please sign in
Email address:
This field is required.
This field is required.
Keep me logged in.百度拇指医生
&&&普通咨询
您的网络环境存在异常,
请输入验证码