舒城中学学年度第二学期期中考试
(考试时间:120分钟
满分:150分)
命题:张桂
审题:李静
听力(共两节,满分30分)
做题时,建议先将答案标在试卷上,录音内容结束后,你将有两分钟的时间将试卷上的答案转涂到答题卡上。
第一节(共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)
听下面5段对话,每段对话后有一个小题。从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. Why did the man feel surprised?
A. He only got one “A”.
B. He got such a good result.
C. He hadn’t even taken the exam.
2. What does the woman dislike doing?
A. Queuing to buy tickets.
B. Watching the game on TV.
C. Attending the game in person.
3. What are the speakers mainly discussing?
A. When to get home.
B. When to end the work. C. When to start the work.
4 . Where does the conversation take place?
A. In a restaurant.
B. In an apartment.
C. In a furniture shop.
5. How did the man first meet his wife?
A. It was the result of an accident. B. His friend introduced her to him.
C. He started a conversation with her.
第二节(共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)
听第6段材料,回答第6.7题。
6. What does the woman want to buy?
A. A cake.
B. A book.
7. What does the man suggest doing?
A. Holding a party.
B. Celebrating his birthday. C. Having some new classes.
听第7段材料,回答第8至10题。
8. What did the man manage for four years?
A. A bookshop.
B. A restaurant.
C. A supermarket.
9. What was the man’s major in college?
A. Accounting.
B. Business.
C. Interview other people.
10. What will the woman do this week?
A. Call the man.
B. Work with the man.
C. Interview other people.
听第8段材料,回答第11至13题。
11. What is the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Friends.
B. Strangers.
C. Doctor and patient.
12. What does the man say about Dr Brown?
A. He is very nice.
B. He is very strict.
C. He is very old.
what is wrong with the woman?
A. She has a toothache.
B. She has a headache.
C. She has a stomachache.
听第9段材料,回答第14至17题。
14. What time do the photography classes begin?
A. At 6:45 p.m.
B. At 6:00 p.m.
C. At 5:15 p.m.
15. How much does the man pay for the course?
16. Why does the man feel pleased?
A. He is using a new camera.
B. He has an excellent teacher.
C. He gets better at photography.
17. What will the man photograph next?
A. Children.
B. Animals.
听第10段材料,回答第18至20题。
18. Where were the children found?
A. In a cave.
B. In a valley.
C. In an open area.
19. What were the parents doing when the children wandered away?
A. Setting up a tent.
B. Collecting firewood.
C. Getting water from a stream.
20. What were the children like when they were found?
A. They were very weak.
B. They had several injuries.
C. They were cold and hungry.
阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)
第一节(共15小题,每小题2分,共30分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
Seeking a suitable university for you? The University of Waikato is the right one. It is internationally recognized for its excellence and achievements. It will help you develop advanced research skills. As a university student you can get first-class research facilities with trained teachers to help, support and advise you in your study. We pride ourselves on our high standards, our research success and our international recognition. For further information: inf@waikato. ac. nz
We offer a wide choice of bachelor’s degrees for international students, which includes: Arts, Communication Studies, Social Sciences, etc. Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of Education are only for New Zealand citizens. For further information: deg@waikato. ac. nz
●Tuition Fees
Tuition fees are different from department to department, generally from $5,000 to $6,000 a year. For further information: tui@waikato. ac. nz
●Accommodation
You can have a room in a 4-bedroom flat, which will cost about $100 a month with other regular living costs of about $150 a month for one person. For further information: ave@waikato. ac. nz
The Student Health Service provides excellent medical services for students. The Medical Centre is open five days a week, including student holidays with four doctors and nurses to meet your medical needs. For further information: heal@waikato. ac. nz
The Centre is a great place to have sports activities. Trained exercise teachers can help you work out a training plan and keep you active. The sports hall has volleyball, basketball and indoor football courts and a swimming pool as well. There are also a large number of sports clubs at Waikato. For further information: sport@waikcato, ac. nz
21. If you want to get more information about arts, you can write to ________.
A. Sport@waikato.ac.nz
B. deg@waikato.ac.nz
C. heal@waikato.ac.nz
D. inf@waikato.ac.nz
22. You have to pay at least ________ a year if you study at the University of Waikato.
D. $11,000
23. According to the text, what will you do if you are ill during Christmas holidays?
A. Go to a hospital nearby.
B. See a doctor at the school medical centre.
C. Buy some medicine in a drug store.
D. Try to get help from your classmates.
India now leads the world in smartphone growth. It saw a 55% increase in the number of smartphones in 2015. The number of Web users increased by 37 %. Smartphones were the source of 65 % of its Internet traffic and 41 % of its e-commerce, according to a report by the analyst Mary Meeker, titled “Internet Trends 2016”.
India’s Internet boom has started. Within three or four years, almost every adult in India will own a smartphone. They will be used to order goods, read news, monitor crop growth and so on.
Indian adults will be very interested in these devices just as young Americans are. 87 % of Americans between the ages of 18 and 34 who own smartphones say they never separate from these: “My smartphone never leaves my side.” Four out of five say that the first thing they do on waking is to reach for their smartphones. And three fifths believe that in the next five years everything will be done on mobile devices.
In the business world, the rise of mobile platforms is dramatically transforming many industries all over the world. What Indian software developers have to do is to start thinking about solutions to old problems by using all the features of these new devices. They need to take advantage of the unique properties of smartphones and tablets. As Indian software developers and enterprises master the smartphone, they will be able to export their solutions to the rest of the world.
This will make possible a new tech revolution that is greater than what created India’s IT industry in the 1980s and 1990s. We can expect the rapid transformation of India when a billion people become connected and have equal access to information and services.
24. Loads of numbers are used in Paragraph 1 to show _____________.
A. India’s web users increase the most rapidly in the world
B. India has the most advanced IT industry in the world
C. India will be a superpower pretty soon
D. India witnessed smartphone growth.
25. What will most young Americans do first the moment they wake up?
A. Get their smartphones.
B. Shop online.
C.Read news.
D. Check e-mails.
26. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. India is the largest mobile maker in the world.
B. Indian farmers use smartphones to monitor crop growth..
C. India saw a great boom in IT industry some 30 years ago.
D. Indian software developers have exported their solutions to the rest of the world.
27. Which can be the best title of the text?
A. More people,more smartphones
B. No dream, every Indian owns a smartphone
C. At hand, India’s next tech revolution
D.A small smartphone, a big use
The summer I was ten, my mother decided to bring us to the world of art. My brother and I were not very excited when we realized what my mother meant. What she meant was not that we could take drawing classes or painting classes but that we would have to spend one afternoon a week with her at the Fine Arts Museum. Before each visit to the museum, she made us read about artists and painting styles. It was almost as bad as being in school. Who wants to spend the summer thinking about artists when you could be with your friends at the swimming pool?
First, we had to read about ancient Egyptians and their strange way of painting faces and then go to look at them at the museum. My 12-year-old brother thought this was so funny, but I was not interested. Later we had to learn about artists in the Middle Ages who painted people wearing strange long clothing. We had to look at pictures of fat babies with wings and curly hair and with no clothes on flying around the edges of paintings. I certainly couldn't see what was so great about art.
On our last visit to the museum, something happened when I saw a painting by a woman called Mary. In it, a woman was reading to a child. The colors were soft and gentle, and you could tell by the mother' s expression how happy she was just to be with the child. I couldn't stop looking at this painting ! I wanted to see every painting Mary had ever made! It was really worth looking at so many paintings to find a painter who could interest me so much.
28. The aim of the mother' s plan was to _________.
A. introduce them to the world of art
B. take them only to visit the museum
C. ask them to read about artists
D. ask them to read different painting styles
29. What was the writer' s experience in the museum before the last visit?
A. She came to feel her mother' s love.
B. She hardly enjoyed herself.
C. She liked many paintings.
D. She could understand the pictures of fat babies.
30. What made the writer go through a change that summer?
A. Her mother' s instruction
B. A strange way of painting.
C. Artists in the Middle Ages.
D. One of Mary's paintings.
31. From the text, we can see _________.
A. the effect of art
B. the importance of curiosity
C. the value of summer
D. the power of family
t seems that nowadays all the world are concerned about genetically modified foods (GM foods). GM foods develop from genetically modified organisms, which have had specific changes introduced into their DNA by genetic engineering techniques. These techniques are much more precise where an organism is exposed to chemicals to create a non-specific but stable change. For many people, the high-tech production raises all kinds of environmental, health and safety problems. Particularly in countries with long farming traditions, the idea seems against nature.
In fact, GM foods are already very much a part of our lives. They were first put on the market in 1996. A third of the corn and more than half the cotton grown in the US last year was the product of biotechnology, according to the Department of Agriculture. More than 65 million acres of genetically modified crops will be planted in the US this year. The genetic genie is out of the bottle.
However, like any new product entering the food chain, GM foods must be subjected to careful testing. In wealthy countries, the debate about biotech is not so fierce by the fact that they have a large number of foods to choose from, and a supply that goes beyond the needs. In developing countries desperate to feed fast-growing and underfed populations, the matter is simpler and much more urgent: do the benefits of biotech outweigh the risks?
The statistics on population growth and hunger are disturbing. Last year the world’s population reached 6 billion. The UN states that nearly 800 million people around the world are unhealthy. About 400 million women of childbearing age don’t have enough iron, which means their babies are exposed to various birth defects. As many as 100 million children suffer from vitamin A deficiency, a leading cause of blindness.
How can biotech help? Genetic engineering is widely used to produce plants and animals with better nutritional values. Biotechnologists have developed genetically modified rice and they are working on other kinds of nutritionally improved crops. Biotech can also improve farming productivity in places where food shortage is caused by crop damage attributable to drought, poor soil and crop viruses.
32. The passage mainly talks about _______.
A. the world’s food problem
B. the development in biotech
C. the genetically modified foods
D. the way to solve food shortage
33. According to the passage, GM foods ________.
A. are not cared about in wealthy countries at all.
B. may help solve the problem of poor nutrition
C. are better than naturally grown foods in some ways.
D. can cause serious trouble in developing countries
34. The underlined sentence “The genetic genie is out of the bottle.” in paragraph 2 probably means that _______.
A. GM foods are available everywhere
B. the technology in producing GM foods is advanced
C. genetic technology has been into markets.
D. genetic technology may have uncontrollable powers
In countries with long farming traditions, people’s attitude towards GM foods seems ________.
A. Optimistic.
B. Approving.
C. Disapproving.
D. Unbelievable.
第二节(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)
根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。选项中有两项为多余选项。
It is necessary but difficult for English beginners to memorize new words, and long lists of words seem to make the mission impossible. They are puzzled why they try to memorize words with great efforts but forget them easily. That's why there are often inquiries about how to memorize new words. In fact, learning new words needn't be that difficult.
Speak the word while memorizing it. We too often separate the process of new words memorization from pronunciation. 37
Saying the word to ourselves helps improve hearing memory, which helps the memory._38
The more familiar we are with the word, the greater chance we will have to keep it for the rest of our life.
Never memorize single English words. _39
Relate the word to terms we already know, either as synonym(近义词)or antonym(反义词). For example, the word "gargantuan" is similar in meaning to words "gigantic",” “huge" and "large". Make a list of words: "small, medium, large, gigantic, and gargantuan". Create a mental image of the word that involves strong emotions. Think, "The gargantuan whale is going to swallow me whole".
Learning English words requires action. Complaining how difficult it is to memorize new words will be of little help. _40
Have a try with ten words a day and you will see what a difference you will make in our English learning.
A. The sound of word helps us recall the spelling and makes us familiar with the word.
B. Actually, some have given up learning new words.
C. Here are some tips to help.
D. In fact ,
these two can be combined and each will enhance the other.
E. Memorizing new words is very important.
F. Make as many associations and connections as possible.
G. So take action right now.
英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从41~60各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
I stopped to watch my little girl busy playing in her room. In one hand was a plastic
41 ; in the other a toy broom. I listened as she was speaking to her make-believe(假装) little friend and I’ll never forget the words she said, even 42
it was imagined. She said, “Suzie’s in the corner because she’s not been very
43 . She didn’t listen to a
I said or do the things she should.” In the corner I saw her baby doll all dressed in lace and pink. It was
that she’d been put to sit alone and
My daughter
her “conversation”, as I sat down on the floor. She said, “I’m all fed up. I just don’t know what to do with her any more. She cried whenever I have to work and wants to play games, too. She never
me do the things that I just have to do. She tries to help me with the dishes, but her arms just cannot
49. And she doesn’t know 50
to fold towels. I don’t have the
to teach. I have a lot of work to do and a big house to keep clean. I don’t have the time to sit and play —
what I mean?”
And that day I thought a lot about making some
53 in my life, as I listened to her words that
me like a knife. I hadn’t been paying enough attention to what I hold most
55 . I’d been caught up in responsibilities that increased
But now my
has changed, because, in my heart, I realize that I’ve seen the world in a different light through my little darlings eyes. So, let the webs
the corners and the dust bunny rabbit rule the floor. I’m not going to worry about keeping up with them
I’m going to fill the house with
of a child and her mother, for we are granted only one childhood, and we will never get another.
41.A. lamp
42.A. then
43.A. good
44.A. sentence
45.A. obvious
46.A. recover
47.A. interrupted
48.A. lets
49.A. handle
50.A. whether
51.A. ability
53.A. changes
54.A. harmed
55.A. clever
56.A. over
57.A. attitude
58.A. stop
59.A. any more
60.A. memories
B. possible B. think
B. stopped
B. influences B. broke
B. after B. principle
B. either B. messages C. phone
C. pretend
C. repeated
C. for C. destination
C. neither
C. imaginations
D. hammer D. so D. helpful D. word D. unusual D. regret D. continued D. allows D. reach
D. how D. reason D. learn
D. troubles
D. cut D. lovely
D. during D. purpose
D. have D. anywhere
D. conversations
第二节(共10小题;每小题1.5分,满分15分)
阅读下面材料,在空白处填人适当的内容(1个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式。
For centuries, everybody knows _61__ (laugh) is the best medicine. Besides bringing joy, the doctor also believes that laughter helps release stress, which is the cause
62_many diseases.
The celebration of World Laughter Day is
63 (mean) to bring good health, joy and world peace. It is a special day that can
64 (celebrate)annually by anyone on the first Sunday of May. All people need to do is laugh aloud and wildly. The fun event was started
Indian physician, Dr, Madan Kataria.
His attempt to make the world a happier place
(begin) in 1995, with the introduction of Laughter Yoga, a fitness class
people practice breathing exercise and uncontrolled laughter.
____68___ only five students attended the first class, this fun way of exercising soon began to spread and in a short time it began to be held in more than 70 countries around the world.
Members get together every day or twice a week to exercise by simply laughing out loud, waving their hands and making funny faces each other to keep the laughing going.
In 1998, in an attempt to spread the laughter to every person, the physician declared the first Sunday of every May World Laughter Day. Not
(surprise), it became an instant hit. To make it more fun, Dr. Kararia suggested
(organize) the celebrations in public places so that other people could join in. Some even awarded prizes to participants who could perform this feat in natural and effortless way.
第四部分:
第一节:短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
假如英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌的以下作文,文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加,删除或修改。
增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该加的词。
删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。
修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;2.只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。
Dear Peter, I’m glad to receive your letter, says you are hoping to be a volunteer in 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics. Beijing has become the first city to hosting both Summer and Winter Olympic Games, and it together with Zhangjiakou are the host of the 2022 Olympic Winter Games. I’d like to give you two suggestion on how to learn Chinese good. First, speak a few Chinese every day. Actual the best way to learn a new language is just to speak it.
Second, attending a Chinese class or discussion group. After all, language learning settings are of great important. If you have any further questions, and please write to me. Yours Li Hua
第二节 书面表达(满分25分)
目前,中小学生过度使用手机或者电脑等电子产品,这对他们的身体造成了很大危害。谈谈你的想法并提出建议。要点如下:
1.过度使用电子产品对身体有害;
2.学生应该以学习为主,同时要多参加各种有益活动等;
1、词数100左右;
2、可以适当增加细节,以使行文连贯;
3、开头和结尾已给出,不计入总词汇。
参考词汇:electronics(电子产品)
As we know, cell phones and computers are common in our daily life. __________________
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
舒中高二期中英语
第9页 (共10页)
舒中高二期中英语
第8页 (共10页)
舒中高二期中英语
第5页 (共10页)
舒中高二期中英语
第3页 (共10页)
本网部分资源来源于会员上传,除本网组织的资源外,版权归原作者所有,如有侵犯版权,请联系并提供证据(),三个工作日内删除。
其他相关资源
友情链接: