Source: http://gutenberg.org 1
About London: Jack London
January 12, 1876 C November 22, 1916 , was an American
author who wrote The Call of the Wild and other books. A pioneer in the
then-burgeoning
commercial
first Americans
Source: Wikipedia
Also available on Feedbooks for London: ?
The Call of the Wild
White Fang
The Little Lady of the Big House
The Iron Heel
South Sea Tales
The Son of the Wolf
The Scarlet Plague
Before Adam
1907 Copyright: This work is available for countries where copyright is
Life+70 and in the USA.
Note: This book is brought to you by Feedbooks
Strictly for personal use, do not use this file for commercial purposes. 2
I scarcely know where to begin, though I sometimes facetiously place the
cause of it all to Charley Furuseth's credit. He kept a summer cottage in
Mill Valley, under the shadow of Mount Tamalpais, and never occupied
it except when he loafed through the winter mouths and read Nietzsche
and Schopenhauer to rest his brain. When summer came on, he elected
to sweat out a hot and dusty existence in the city and to toil incessantly.
Had it not been
my custom to run up to see him
every Saturday after-
till Monday
this particular
Monday morning would not have found me afloat on San Francisco Bay. Not but
the Martinez was
ferry-steamer, making her fourth or fifth trip on the run between
alito and San Francisco. The danger lay in the heavy fog which blanketed
the bay, and of which, as a landsman, I had little apprehensio
正在加载中,请稍后...当前位置:
>>>阅读理解。 I'd been th it seemed like..
阅读理解。
&&&& I'd been th it seemed like the only thing to do-to show my baby, who had eyes as green as water and whose name means the sea, the ocean.&&&& "Babies are supposed to instinctually know who they daddy is," Gerald, Dooriya's daddy, said, holding Dooriya before him. "But she don't recognize nothing."&&&& Everybody had something to say about raising my baby, but none of them actually did any raising.Taking Dooriya to see the ocean had become the only thing that kept me from feeling like my life was an everlasting losing race, this vision of what could be for my little girl.When I told Momma about my plans to visit the lighthouse (灯塔) at Cape Hatteras, she just spun her broken record.&&&& "That baby'11 never understand a thing of what she's seeing."&&&& "My baby book says I should treat her just like any other child. It's good to show her beautiful things even if she don't know what she's seeing. It helps her brain develop. How's her brain gonna develop if all she ever sees is the walls inside this crummy house?"&&&& "That child's brain ain't never gonna develop.We love her, but it's not like she's ever gonna not be a Mongoloid (先天愚型患者)."&&&& I had read a half-dozen books about Down Syndrome that said stimulation (刺激) might improve a child's chances of developing to her fullest potential. And what's more stimulating than a trip to see the ocean?Guidebooks described the area as the land of beginnings, which I liked the sound of. But before I could map out a plan, I woke up one night when Dooriya hiccupped (打嗝).Then she just stopped breathing.The ER doctor gave me a pamphlet on SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome) and said, children with Down Syndrome are much more likely to be affected by this sort of thing.&&&& I didn't remember much about driving to Cape Hatteras, especially taking Dooriya from the hospital. But up on that lighthouse, with its broad spiral running up and around it like a black and white barber's pole, I saw my life twist into the air.&&&& As I climbed the winding stairs, I counted the steps, 268 in all, stopping on 77, Dooriya's very number of days on this planet. At the top, I held Dooriya up to the Atlantic, its cold air raising the thin soft hair on her head.With her eyes closed and her arms spread out, it looked like she was bathing in the warmth of the sun.
1. From Gerald's words "But she don't recognize nothing." we know ____.
A. The baby was probably born with the eye problemB. The father thought the baby was abnormalC. The baby could recognize nothing except her fatherD. The father made up an excuse not to care for the baby
2. Did anybody else besides her mother actually take the responsibility to raise the baby?
A. The father.&&&&&&&&B. The grandma.&&&&&& C. Nobody.&&&&&&&& D. The doctor.
3. The reason why the mother wanted to take her baby to see the ocean is that ____.
A. She believed seeing the ocean could help cure her baby's diseaseB. She wanted her baby to enjoy her remaining timeC. She believed the ocean was the land of beginningsD. She wanted her baby to enjoy nature
4. Which of the following is true according to the text?
A. The doctor eventually saved the life of the baby.B. The baby was disabled by her careless mother.C. The baby enjoyed the sunshine while seeing the ocean.D. The disease SIDS took away the life of the baby.
题型:阅读理解难度:中档来源:湖北省模拟题
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“阅读理解。 I'd been th it seemed like..”主要考查你对&&故事类阅读&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
故事类阅读
故事类阅读概念:
这类文章一般描述的是某一件具体事情的发生发展或结局,有人物、时间、地点和事件。命题往往从故事的情节、人物或事件的之间的关系、作者的态度及意图、故事前因和后果的推测等方面着手,考查学生对细节的辨认能力以及推理判断能力。故事类阅读应试技巧:
1、抓住文章的6个要素:阅读时要学会从事情本身的发展去理解故事情节而不要只看事件在文中出现的先后顺序。因此,无论是顺叙还是倒叙,阅读此类文章时,必须要找到它结构中的5个W(when, where, who, why, what)和1个H(how),不过不是每篇都会完整地交待六个要素。毫无疑问,寻出这些元素是能够正确快速解题的一个先决条件。 2、注意作者的议论和抒情:高考英语阅读理解故事类文章常伴随着作者思想情感的流露和表达,因此议论和抒情往往夹杂其中。行文时或按事情发生发展的先后时间进行或按事情发生发展的地点来转换,也可能按事情发展的阶段来布局。在引出话题,讲完一件事情后,作者往往会表达个人感悟或提出建议等。这些体现作者观点或思想的语句在阅读时可以划线,它们往往体现文章中心或者写作意图,属于必考点,所以要仔细体会。 3、结合前两点归纳文章中心,把握作者态度:故事类文章是通过记叙一件事来表达中心思想的,它是文章的灵魂。归纳文章中心思想时,尤其要分析文章的结尾,因为很多文章卒章显志,用简短的议论、抒情揭示文章中心;文章中议论抒情的句子往往与中心密切相关;也有的文章需要在结合概括各段大意的基础上归纳中心。另外,叙述一件事必有其目的,或阐明某一观点,或赞美某种品德,或抨击某种陋习,这就要求我们在阅读时,通过对细节(第1点中的六要素)的理解,把握作者的态度。 4、有章有据进行解题判断:分析文章,归纳主题,属于分析、概括、综合的表述能力的考查。切忌脱离文章,架空分析,一定让分析在文章中有依据。
发现相似题
与“阅读理解。 I'd been th it seemed like..”考查相似的试题有:
176787184064210582197834232827213469初三英语的第二单元SELF CHECK怎么翻译啊还有就是把词填上去
要变成正确形式啊miss
be afraid of
worry about1
I________ the sea .I don't know how to swim.2
Don't_______things so much.It will make you stressed out3 Sorry,I can't join you.I______study for a test.4 I really__myfeirnd Tina.She moved to another town5 I________have short hair but now I grow it long
创未回忆160
1.am afraid of 2.worry about 3.have to 4.miss 5.used to
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码2013届高三英语新人教版选修7单元测试33
Unit 3 Under the sea_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
2013届高三英语新人教版选修7单元测试33
Unit 3 Under the sea
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用5下载券