follow a healthy meal,balanced meal plan that includes

About Our Meal Plans - Recipes for Healthy Living by the American Diabetes Association(R)
About Our Meal Plans
Each month,
brings you a one-day meal plan with suggestions for adjusting carbohydrates and calories.
What guidelines do the meal plans follow?
We use the American Diabetes Association nutrition guidelines when we write each meal plan. The guidelines were developed using the following sources:
The American Diabetes Association's
The American Diabetes Association's most recent
Several diabetes and nutrition experts
What are the meal plans for?
These sample meal plans are meant to serve as a guide for you. Our meal plans should help you see how to put together balanced meals&with our recipes and other foods in your own kitchen.
We follow very general diabetes nutrition guidelines to create a one day meal plan each month. You may need more or less calories or carbohydrates than the standard plan suggests. You may also need more or less of other nutrients depending on your health status and other conditions. (For example, if you have high blood pressure, you may need to restrict sodium more than our meal plan suggests.)
Although the American Diabetes Association has general nutrition guidelines, we still encourage you to work with your health care provider, a registered dietitian (RD), or a certified diabetes educator (CDE) to build a plan that is individualized for you and will help to meet your diabetes and weight loss goals.
Our Meal Planning Guidelines:
Meal plans are balanced
They include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two snacks.
Each one-day plan includes about 8 servings of fruits and vegetables.
Fruits and vegetables are included at almost every meal and snack.
calories per day
Your calorie level may vary based on your age, gender, activity level and whether or not you need to lose weight.
Calories are spaced throughout the day between meals and two snacks.
We also include tips each month to add or cut total calories by 200.
Moderate-carbohydrate (about 45% of calories come from carbohydrate)
intake is spread throughout the day.
Most meals have 45-60 grams of carbohydrate.
Most snacks have 10-25 grams of carbohydrate.
We also provide tips on how to adjust each meal plan to make it lower in carbohydrates.
Limit trans fat as much as possible, &10% of calories from saturated fat, and focus on healthy or "good" fat sources
People with diabetes have a higher-than-average risk of having a heart attack or stroke. Due to their connection with heart disease risk, the amount of
in our meal plans is limited. Trans fat and saturated fats are sometimes referred to as "bad fats."
"Good fats" include monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and may promote heart health. Meal plans include these over "bad fats" as much as possible.
300 mg of cholesterol per day
Your body makes some cholesterol on its own but you also get cholesterol from food. People with diabetes should have 300 mg or less per day.
Some foods, like shrimp and eggs, are fairly nutritious foods but are somewhat high in cholesterol. Meal plans may include these foods because they provide other benefits or help to balance the plan.
&25 grams of dietary fiber per day
You get fiber from plant-based foods like whole grains, fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds and beans.
People with diabetes should consume at least the recommended amount of fiber for the general population: about 25 grams per day for women and 38 grams per day for men. Many Americans only get about half of what is recommended.
2300 mg of sodium or less per day
Watching sodium is important for blood pressure control.
The American Diabetes Association recommends 2300 mg of sodium or less per day.
If you have diabetes and hypertension, you should work with your health care team to see if further reduction of sodium intake is necessary.
The current food supply is packed with hidden sources of , and most Americans are consuming closer to 3400 mg of sodium per day. You can take some simple steps to reducing the sodium in your diet by learning what foods are major sources of sodium, making smart food choices, and controlling portion sizes.
Featured Article
It may take some practice, but with a few tips in mind you can easily become a savvy grocery shopper.
On-the-Go Tips
Eating breakfast has shown to help boost metabolism, which means your body does a better job managing your weight.
Featured Cookbook
by Nancy S. Hughes
Check out our Two-Step Diabetes Cookbook by Nancy S. Hughes for healthy recipes & all made in just two steps! Getting on a healthy track has never been so easy.
Quick and Easy Healthy Meals
This month our featured recipes from Two-Step Diabetes Cookbook by Nancy S. Hughes will guide you in making healthy recipes in just two steps!
See More Meal Plans
See all of the meal plans that we have published to date.
How Many Calories?
Calculate the number of calories you should eat each day to maintain your present body weight:
Please select an option before you continue.
Select Age
Select gender
Select Activity Level
Not Active
Moderately Active
Very Active
Activity Level
I don't do any physical activity other than what I need to do for my usual activities, such as going to work or school, grocery shopping, or doing chores around the house.
I do some moderate exercise every day in addition to doing my usual activities. For example, I walk about 1.5 to 3 miles a day at about 3 to 4 miles an hour. Or I do something else that's moderately active.
I am very active every day in addition to doing my usual activities. For example, I walk more than 3 miles a day at about 3 to 4 miles an hour. Or I do something else that's very active.
How Many Calories?
This number estimates how many calories you should eat per day to keep your body weight where it is now.
If you want to lose weight, you may need fewer calories. You should talk with your health care team for more personalized recommendations, but this calculator can help to get you started.
*Estimates are rounded to the nearest 200 calories. An individual's calorie needs may be higher or lower than these average estimates. Developed from the 2010 US Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
Please enter a valid email and zip.
Thank you for registering!
Find Us On:君,已阅读到文档的结尾了呢~~
All kids need to eat balanced meals and have a healthy diet
扫扫二维码,随身浏览文档
手机或平板扫扫即可继续访问
All kids need to eat balanced meals and have a healthy diet
举报该文档为侵权文档。
举报该文档含有违规或不良信息。
反馈该文档无法正常浏览。
举报该文档为重复文档。
推荐理由:
将文档分享至:
分享完整地址
文档地址:
粘贴到BBS或博客
flash地址:
支持嵌入FLASH地址的网站使用
html代码:
&embed src='/DocinViewer-4.swf' width='100%' height='600' type=application/x-shockwave-flash ALLOWFULLSCREEN='true' ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS='always'&&/embed&
450px*300px480px*400px650px*490px
支持嵌入HTML代码的网站使用
您的内容已经提交成功
您所提交的内容需要审核后才能发布,请您等待!
3秒自动关闭窗口9 users liked this:Diet Meal Plans - EatingWell}

我要回帖

更多关于 includes 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信