on a freezing andit s raining dayy

> 问题详情
I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a freezing cold wet day in the winter of 1975. I r
悬赏:0&答案豆
提问人:匿名网友
发布时间:
I became what I am today at the age of twelve, on a freezing cold wet day in the winter of 1975. I remember the right moment, hiding behind a fragile mud wall, peeking (窥视)into the alley (胡同)near the frozen stream. That was a long time ago ,but it’s wrong what they say about the past, I,ve learned, about how you can bury it, because the past claws its way out. Looking back now, I realize I,ve been peeking into that deserted alley for the last twenty-six years.One day in summer, my friend, Rahim Khan called from Pakistan. He asked me to come to see him. Standing in the kitchen with the receiver to my ear, I knew it wasn’t just Rahim Khan on the line. It was my past of unatoned sins (未能弥补的罪行) After I hung up, I went for a walk along Spreckels Lane on the northern edge of Golden Gate Park. The early afternoon sun sparkled on the water where dozens of small boats sailed, driven by a gentle breeze. Then I glanced up and saw a pair of kites with long blue tails, soaring in the sky. They danced high above the trees on the west end of the park, over the windmill, floating side by side like a pair of eyes looking down on San Francisco, the city I now call home.And suddenly Hassan5S voice whispered in my head: For you, a thousand times over. Hassan the hare-lipped kite runner. I sat on a park bench near a willow tree. I thought about something Rahim Khan said just before he hung up, almost as an after thought. There is a way to be good again. I looked up at those twin kites. I thought about Hassan. Thought about Baba. AU. Kabul. I thought of the life I had lived until the winter of 1975 came along and changed everything. And made me what I am today.小题1:After 1975,the hero of the story spent his life_____.A.with happinessB.with regretC.in peaceD.in danger小题2:It can be inferred from the passage that_____.A.Rahim Khan spoke ill of the heroB.the hero had made up for his wrong-doingsC.San Francisco was the birthplace of the heroD.something bad might have happened in the alley小题3:The writer attracts the readers by using_____a.an impressive opening b.a lively description of inner thoughtsc.concrete and vivid language&&d.a detailed plot of the storyA.abcB.bcdC.acdD.abd小题4:What is the passage mainly about?A.A hide-and-seek game.B.A forget-me-not event.C.kite-flying competition.D.A coming-of-age story.
我有更好的答案
请先输入下方的验证码查看最佳答案
图形验证:
验证码提交中……
享三项特权
享三项特权
享三项特权
选择支付方式:
支付宝付款
郑重提醒:支付后,系统自动为您完成注册
请使用微信扫码支付(元)
支付后,系统自动为您完成注册
遇到问题请联系在线客服QQ:
请您不要关闭此页面,支付完成后点击支付完成按钮
遇到问题请联系在线客服QQ:
恭喜您!升级VIP会员成功
常用邮箱:
用于找回密码
确认密码:it snowed , I got to school early. A. Although, but B. Because, \ C. Although, \ ——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
it snowed , I got to school early. A. Although, but B. Because, \ C. Although, \ D. Because, so 【】
题目列表(包括答案和解析)
下面为同学们推荐部分热门搜索同步练习册答案,要查找更多练习册答案请点击访问
  On a freezing and raining day, an old man was walking in a street with his horse. The old an was cold because he was walking in the rain. He wanted to stay in a restaurant. It was a quarter past three in the afternoon. The old man got to a small restaurant. There were a lot of people in it. The old man couldn't come near the fire. He thought and thought. At last he said to the waiters,“Take some fish to my horse.”The waiter and the people in the restaurant were very surprised. The waiter said,“A horse doesn't eat fish.”The old man told the waiter,“This horse is very interesting. It can sing, dance and do all kinds of things. It can eat fish, too.”So the waiter brought the horse some fish. All the people in the restaurant ran out to see the horse eat fish except the old man. Now the old man sat beside the fire. After a while the waiter came back and said,“Your horse didn't eat any fish.”The old man said,“It may be not hungry. It doesn't matter. Take the fish back and put it on the table. I'll eat it.”
(1) The old man felt very cold because ________.
A.it was a cloudy and windy day
B.it snowed
C.it was cold and rainy
(2) The people in the restaurant all ran out because ________.
A.they wanted to see the old man
B.they wanted to see the horse eating fish
C.they had been told there came the horse
(3) Indeed, the horse can neither ________.
A.walk nor speak nor eat
B.sing nor dance nor sleep
C.sing nor dance nor eat fish
(4) All the people in the restaurant rushed out ________.
A.to see the horse eat fish except the old man
B.to watch the horse play games except the waiter
C.to look for the horse except the old man
(5) Why did the old man ask the waiter to take some fish to his horse?
A.Because his horse liked eating fish.
B.Because he was cold.
C.Because he wanted to sit by the fire, but he wasn't able to do so at first.
Seeing the Horse Eat Fish
  Once an old man was walking in a street with his horse.It was raining hard.The old man was cold because he was walking in the rain.He wanted to stay in a restaurant.It was a quarter past three in the afternoon.The old man got to a small restaurant.There were a lot of people in it.The old man couldn’t come near the fire.He thought and thought.At last he said to the waiters(侍者), “Take some fish to my horse.”The waiter and the people were very surprised.The waiter said, “A horse doesn’t eat fish.”The old man told the waiter, “This horse is very interesting.It can sing, dance and does all kinds of things.It can eat fish, too.”So the waiter brought the horse some fish.
  All the people in the restaurant ran out to see the horse eat fish except the old man.Now the old man sat beside the fire.After a while the waiter came back and said.“Your horse didn’t eat any fish.”The old man said, “All right, take the fish back and put it on the table.I’ll eat it.”
  根据短文内容选择正确答案.
The old man felt very cold because ________.
it was a cloudy and windy day
he had travelled in the heavy rain
The people in the restaurant all ran out because ________.
they wanted to see the old man
they wanted to see the horse eating fish
they had been told there came the horse
Indeed, the horse can neither ________ nor ________ nor ________.
walk, speak, eat
sing, dance, sleep
sing, dance, eat fish
All the people in the restaurant rushed out ________ but ________.
to see the horse sing.the old man
to watch the horse play games, the waiter
to see the horse eat fish, the old man
Why did the old man ask the waiter to take some fish to his horse?Because ________.
he wanted to sit by the fire, but wasn’t able to do so at first
he was cold
his horse liked eating fish
An Australian Boy in Beijing
809 West Chang an Street
Beijing, China
December 21, 2003
Dear Peter,
  I've been here in Beijing for half a year now. Beijing is in the north of China, so it's quite cold in winter. It has just snowed twice here.
  I'm going to have the first”White Christmas”in my life ! It's hard to believe. Isn't it so warm in Australia and so cold here?
  Thank you for the wonderful stamps! I've collected over 300 Chinese stamps since I came here. I'm sending some Monkey King stamps to you. I think you will like them.
  Now to answer some of your questions. Yes, I'm learning Chinese. Chinese is quite a difficult language for me. Last time Mum asked for some quilts(被子)in a shop. They showed her some cups. Dad and I had a good laugh over that. I've learned about 500 Chinese words. I can even write a little Chinese now. Have you looked at the words on the Christmas card? I wrote them myself!
   No, I'm not swimming. Instead, I'm learning to skate on real ice! I've had so many falls that I'm black and blue all over. But I'm learning fast.
   I've traveled to several places in south China with Mum and Dad since we came to China. I've seen a lot of interesting things. I've made quite a few good friends, too.
  I have to finish the letter now. Ask Uncle John and Aunt Alice to bring you, too, when they come in August. We'll have a good time together then.
(1) Mike came to China ________
A.in 2002
B.a year ago
C.six months ago
(2) What does“White Christmas”mean?
A.It means everybody is in white clothes at Christmas.
B.It means Christmas is white.
C.It means it doesn't snow in Australia in December but that it does in Beijing.
D.It means nothing.
(3) ________ has collected ________ Chinese stamps.
A.Peter,300
B.Peter,200
C.Mike,200
D.Mike,300
(4) ________ must be John and Alice's ________.
A.Mike, son
B.Peter, son
C.Mike, daughter
D.Peter, daughter
(5) Once ________ wanted to buy some ________.
A.Mike, cups
B.Mike' mother, quilts
C.Mike, quilts
D.Mike's father, cups
  Once an old man was walking in a street with his horsE.It was raining harD.The old man felt cold because he was walking in the rain. He wanted to stay in a restaurant. It was a quarter past three in the afternoon, The old man got to a small restaurant. There were a lot of people in it. The old man couldn't come near the firE.He thought harD.At last he said to the waiter, “Take some fish to my horsE.”The waiter and the people were very surpriseD.The waiter said, “ A horse doesn't eat fish. ”The old man told the waiter, “This horse is very interestinG.It can sing, dance and do all kinds of things. It can eat fish, too. ”So the waiter brought the horse some fish.
  All the people in the restaurant ran ont to see the horse eat fish but the old man. Now the old man sat beside the firE.After a moment the waiter came back and said, “Your horse didn't eat any fish. ”The old man said, “All right, take the fish back and put it on the tablE.I'll eat it.”
(1) The old man felt very cold because __________.
A.it was a cloudy and windy day
B.it snowed
C.he walked in the heavy rain
D.be was hungry
(2) The people in the restaurant all ran out because __________.
A.they wanted to see the old man
B.they wanted to see the horse eat fish
C.they knew there was a beautiful horse
D.there was no fire over the stove(火炉)
(3) In fact, the horse cannot __________.
A.walk, speak or eat
B.sing, dance or sleep
C.sing, dance or eat fish
D.speak, walk or sit
(4) All the people in the restaurant ran out _______ but __________.
A.to sethe waiter
B.to watch the waiter
C.tthe old man
D.to sethe old man
(5) --Why did the old man ask the waiter to take some fish to his horse?
--Because __________.
A.his horse liked eating fish
B.he wanted to show his horse to other people
C.he wanted to sit by the fire
D.he himself also liked to eat fish
  It snowed again.My seventh Christmas was round the corner.I dreamed of getting the present from Father Christmas until my elder sister dropped the bomb.“There is no Father Christmas.”
  I ran to my grandmother’s house, for she always told the truth.Grandmother was at home.I told   1   everything.“No Father Christmas?”she was a little   2  .“Don’t belive it.Put on your coat,and let’s go.”
  “Go?Where,Grandma?” I asked.
  “Kerby’s Store.”
  As we walked through its doors.Grandma handed me the dollars and said.“Take the   3   and buy something for someone who needs it.I’ll wait for you in the car.”Then she turned and walked out of the Kerby’s.
  For a few seconds I just stood there,holding the money,wondering   4   to buy,and who to buy it for.
  I thought of   5   I knew my family,my friends,my neighbours…I suddenly thought of Bobbie Decbar, a 1  6   with bad breath and messy hair.He sat right behind me   7   Mrs.Polack’s class.
  Bobbie   8   went to any party during the winter.His mother always wrote a note, telling the teacher that he had a cough,   9   we all knew that he didn’t have a cough,and he didn’t have a coat.I decided to buy Bobbie a red warm coat   10   he would like.
  That evening, grandma helped me wrap the coat in Christmas paper and ribbons, and   11   “To Bobbie.From Father Christmas”on it.Grandma told me Father Christmas never let people know that he   12   them.Then she drove me over to Bobbie’s home ,telling that I was helping Father Christmas   13   the presents.
  Grandma parked the car along the street.and we hid behind the trees near Bobbie’s home.Then Grandma said to me.“All right, Father Christmas get going.”
  I took a deep breath,rushed to his front door,put the present down   14   the door,rang the doorbell and flew back to the safety of the   15   and Grandma.We waited breathlessly in the dark for the front door to open.Finally it did and there stood Bobbie.
  That night ,I realized that Father Christmas was alive and well.and we were on his team.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号Large ski resorts have a long tradition of welcoming guests on Christmas Day. This Christmas, New York ski centers are following suit.
Photo Credit: AP
advertisement |
Ski resorts have a long tradition of welcoming guests on Christmas Day, though the practice is less common for smaller ski centers.
For West Mountain in Queensbury, Christmas Day skiing will be available for the second year in a row. The ski center will welcome patrons from noon to 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
Most Popular
"A lot of resort destinations are open for Christmas ... and it's traditional anywhere you're staying (for a ski trip), that there's skiing Christmas Day," said West Mountain co-owner and manager Spencer Montgomery. "We're really trying to become ... more of a resort/holiday destination, which sort of plays into where we hope to take West Mountain."
Apex Capital, the investor group that owns West Mountain, has discussed long-term goals of developing property Apex owns adjacent to the ski center at the base and top of the mountain.
The goal is for ski-in, ski-out accommodations like those available at large ski resorts.
Christmas Day operations also give those who find shiny new ski or snowboard gear under their tree a way to try it out without much fuss, Montgomery added.
advertisement |
"A lot of kids get ski gear for Christmas presents and want to try it out Christmas Day, but they may not want to jump in the car and drive an hour or two or three to the north to the bigger centers that are open," Spencer said. "But they could come over here for two to four hours and get to test out their equipment."
Most of the larger ski destinations within daytrip distance of Glens Falls -- Gore, Whiteface, Killington, for instance -- are open Christmas Day. And while some smaller, community ski centers in the state are open on the holiday, they tend to be venues in areas that are already tourist-friendly.
"Spencer's decision to operate West on Christmas Day, I think is a good one," said Scott Brandi, president of Ski Areas of New York Inc. "West is so close to such a large skiing population. I think if you did a survey, you'd find about half of the smaller, more community resorts are open on Christmas Day."
Willard Mountain in Greenwich is among those that won't be open for the holiday, according to General Manager Jeff Fitzgerald.
"We're no I think our customers tend not to ski on Christmas, so we choose to sit that day out," Fitzgerald said. "(West Mountain) has a lot of hotels around it, where we don't have that, so I think (Montgomery) is right, and if I were a general manager of West, I think I would run on Christmas, just given that proximity to Lake George and out-of-town guests."
Montgomery said working on Christmas Day -- both last year and this year -- is on a volunteer basis for West Mountain employees. About 70 percent of the staff opt to turn out for the shortened day.
"Obviously, it's a religious holiday, but we do have people that enjoy working on Christmas and picking up the extra hours," Montgomery said. "I remember when I worked in the resort community in Breckenridge, Colorado, I actually enjoyed working Christmas ... because normally people are in a good mood."
This weekend -- starting Friday night -- is the first opportunity for visitors to use West Mountain's tubing park. And the waffle hut, West Waffles, will make its belated debut this week, after getting approvals needed from the state Health Department. The waffle hut was supposed to open last year, but there were more requirements than expected for the tiny, stand-alone food-truck-sized structure.
Last Christmas Day, Montgomery said 100 to 200 patrons showed up to enjoy the snow.
"It wasn't huge," he said. "I don't think we had crowds that would have rivaled other days of the holiday week, but there definitely was a turnout ... and the people that were here were definitely appreciative that we were open."
advertisement |
Of course, Christmas Day skiing will still depend on the weather, and Montgomery said snowmaking was in full swing Friday in anticipation of a possible rain event Christmas Eve.
If it were raining coming into Christmas Day, and the conditions weren't safe, we wouldn't open," Montgomery said. "So, if it's raining and miserable, where people wouldn't come out to enjoy themselves, we won't operate."
Donald Preuninger, owner of Garnet Hill Lodge in Johnsburg, said the rain is more likely to fall as snow on his cross-country ski trails. That was the case for a storm system that dropped mostly rain and freezing rain on Glens Falls earlier this month.
"We have 14 or 15 inches of snow, all together," Preuninger said. "It's a good, 8-inch base now, and we expect to get more snow Monday and Tuesday."
The Christmas holiday week is one of the two biggest of the season for Garnet Hill. The other is the week of President's Day.
advertisement |
The resort offers a variety of accommodations. And skiing Christmas Day -- and New Year's Day -- is a big deal for guests, Preuninger said.
There are special dinners on Christmas Eve and Christmas at the lodge, and some families come back year after year to experience the holiday in the mountains.
"People love coming in and sitting by the fire and having dinner," Preuninger said. "It's just kind of cozy."
Plan small day trips, big getaways and more.
More coverage
Our Network}

我要回帖

更多关于 on the day 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信