a pint of sugarpint是什么意思思

Musings of a middle aged northern boy - Food, Music and lots of misc other stuff !
Welcome to my journal,
For those internet travellers that have chanced across this random collection of musings from a (late) middle aged northern boy – I welcome you.
The journal I am keeping here has no significance other than to record aspects of my life that happen to interest me at the time (which is far from a guarantee that they will interest anybody else). They are based around my life and experiences in Carlisle, Cumbria () and my journeys forth from there.
Whilst it is not intended to be a resource, or indeed an advert, for my home city I will be commenting on my dining out and other experiences in the area. The one thing I will shamelessly plug is my wife’s lovely particularly as it has just won a coveted Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor for 2014.
If you are looking for patterns or structure in thsi journal then you are probably going to struggle – it is just a collection of stuff that I pour forth occasionally. However I can say I will probably cover topics such as food, wine, whisky and music more often than other topics.
You may well notice that some of the links I pop onto the site are affilaite linsk – I make no excuse for this, after a chap has to make a living (family and dog to feed and all that)
That is going to have to suffice as way of an introduction as I cannot think of anything else to say but for those of you who are interested I have chosen to go down the route of a journal rather than the more modern way of twitter, facebook etc as I feel that a journal offers a richer medium for sharing things. Howver due to clever linking software on this site you may well see snippets of what I have written published on said social media sites.
Good bye for now !
BTW – If you are wondering why the name for this site
there is absolutely no reason, I saw the name for sale on ebay, liked it and bought it – simples as they say on TV.
Share this:
This is a list of things that drive me mad on a regular basis, you could call it my room 101 list or you could simply call it evidence that I am becoming a grumpy old man!.
Random walkers – you may ask yourself what on earth is a random walker?, let me tell you – someone who simply cannot walk in straight line down a street. Have you ever walked down a street with a clear destination in mind only to have to weave incessantly to avoid people who either just stop suddenly straight in front of you for no apparent reason or wander aimlessly straight into your path. Why can’t people just walk in a straight line at a reasonable consistent pace – is it difficult ?
Mid path gagglers – a variation of the random walker (and I believe a fictitious word – gaggler) but these are groups of people who congregate in the middle of a path or walkway for a bit of chat. The number of mid path gagglers increases exponentially with the business of the thoroughfare (i.e. the busier it gets the more folk appear just to want to stand in the most awkward place just for a bit of a chat). Move out of the way!!
Slow drivers – at first glance this seems looks like an obvious one but I am not really talking about those people that just potter about at a slow pace in their cars. I am talking about those people who do it inconsiderately and do it in built up areas where you cannot get past. Drive as slowly as you like but be considerate – let faster drivers get past, pull over when appropriate and do not hinder the flow of traffic. Slow drivers often compound their sins by being traffic dawdlers and junction hesitators – taking ages to get going when the traffic light goes green or waiting for a man with a red flag to wave them out from junctions !.
Share this:
We went with friends to the
over the weekend and have to say it was very good in aspects. We had been for lunch a year or two back whilst out walking with the dog and just ate in the bar section (because of the dog) and from what I can remember it was very good then too. Last night we went into the restaurant itself and had a slightly more formal meal than last time.
It had come highly recommended by the friends we were with (she actually works there so she should know !) so were looking forward to the meal. The venue itself is very nicely turned out with lots of stone work (particularly the floor which is made up of lots and lots of samples of marble, granite and other stone in approx 6 inch squares), nice open fire and general pleasant decor. The staff were also very pleasant with good attentive service that was not over the top.
The bar at The Queen is well stocked and of particular note is the hand pulled local range of Corby ales from the
micro brewery that is literaly just across the road – I had a pint of the blonde and it was delicious, my wife had the amber and it was equally as good.
Food wise I went for the potted shrimp with warm bread starter (it did not say if was solway shrimp and I forgot to ask) followed by the curried mackerel and prawn risotto – both were very good, particularly the risotto. when I first saw the risotto I though the portion was small but two thirds of the way down the bowl I begun to struggle as it was very filling indeed.
We were all too full for puddings but they have a very good reputation – will have to pace myself better next time.
Overall the bill for four of use was reasonable and we will definitely return and would recommend anyone to visit for a drink and a meal.
Share this:
This is my current Whisky and Wine Collection, it will be updated as I add (or even remove items from the collection). My approach to whisky investment is outlined
Distillery
Supernova 2014
Auriverdes
Gran reserva
Matusalem Finesse Distillery release
Distillery Managers Exclusive 1995
My wine investment (limited though it is) is done through the, I chose this route because :
I do not know enough about wine to be able to invest without assistance
They run a monthly direct debit scheme that allows you to put a certain amount into your account every month
They can hold your wines in bond on your behalf (although there are cellarage fees for doing this)
They are part of the Majestic wines group – the benefit of this is that you get 10% discount in majestic if you are a member of the fine wine club
You get a case of 6 wines free to start your collection (this was at time of wrirting and subject to terms and conditions)
They are a well established and reputable company hence you get peace of mind.
I currently have the following wine
2012 Ch?teau Batailley, Cru Classé Pauillac
Leave 2016 – 2026
1 Case, 6 Bottles
2010 Barolo Bricco Boschis, Cavallotto, Piedmont
Leave 2015 – 2030
2 Cases, 6 Bottles
2011 Tignanello, Antinori, Tuscany
Leave 2017 – 2030
1 Case, 6 Bottles
The wines have been bought purely on the advice of my account maanger at Lay and Wheeler, the only thing that I really look for is a drinking range (i.e. the period that a wine is suitable to be drunk) that extends well into the future – preferably at least 2020 if not 203o. This is because I am looking at the wine as an investment rather than for drinking and is the wines are not likely to go up in the short term I need something with a good shelf life.
I have also amassed a handful of old port that I am keeping for a special occasion rather than for investment, I may get round to listing what I have here if I manage to dig it out of where it is stored.
Bye for now !
Share this:
Whilst by no means an exercise addict or a full blown gym bunny I do like to do a bit to try and halt the slide from six pack to party pack (although the 6 pack, which was at best fleeting, has long gone now)
My exercise regime (if it can be called a regime) is as follows:
Cycle – I cycle to work and back each day (a mammoth 1.7 miles each way but every little helps)
Gym – I try to go to DW gym two to three times a week, usually on a Tuesday evening for a general weights, swim and a bit of steam, Thursday evening for an Insanity class and also 9 am on Sunday Morning for another Insanity session. I have just started doing the Insanity classes as my wife felt I needed some cardio to help me keep in shape rather than just general gym sessions. I have to say it is very hard work but it is a very good workout and I am looking forward to seeing the long term benefits. The elements of the routine in the prone (push up type) position were the hardest as I guess I do not use these muscles very often. I have to admit to feeling a little bit sick during my first session and had to take the easier option on a few of the later exercise sets (and some of the balance / stretching based exercises as my balance is poor)
Walk – I like to get away from my desk based job and out of the office at lunch time and walk for around 30 minutes, according to MapMyWalk (a brilliant site for looking at your walks) I do about 1.35 miles on my lunchtime route (if I do not deviate and end up in the shops !). The dog also encourages me to go out at other times although she, like my good self, is slowing down a bit now she is getting older.
Similar to my approach to exercise I also have a bit of a loose approach to food and nutrition, the only real principal I have is that I do not go on diets – diets in isolation can only ever be short term and are not a solution to being overweight or out of shape. I believe if you eat sensibly and exercise reasonably then you should not need to diet (particularly with some of the absolutely mental diets you see popping up on a regular occurrence). I also do not take health supplements (apart from Gin and Tonic of course). One of the few things I do actually do is have three pieces of fruit every working day (plus a glass of pure orange juice and a bowl of porridge as it is a super food apparently but I do have to admit to having it the softy English way with milk and sugar rather than the traditional way with water and salt). Other than this and only having fatty foods as a treat that is the full extent of my nutrition program (we tend to eat pasta / rice / wrap / salad type dishes during the week) and a glass of wine or G and T most nights (a little more at weekends and special occasions !).
Share this:
Tricky one this as it drives my wife a bit mad (because she loves a good single malt and I can’t stand the stuff – although I have been training myself a bit – and I only buy it to keep and not to drink !)
I started buying a little bit of single malt whisky about 18 months ago now for a few reasons :
An acquiatance of mine had been actively buying and was having good success
My parents live nestled between
distilleries (and just down the road from
where the movie “” was shot – if you like whisky then you should watch this movie but note the langauge can be described as very true to life if you knwo what I mean !)
I am a bit of a hoarder so buying things just to keep really appeals to me
I like to buy things in general
I want to retire at 55 so need to have some investments with good growth (well that is the theory !)
It is a bit of fun (hopefully)
If it all goes wrong at least you have an asset that I (or in this case my wife) can drink
I decided to focus on two or
three distilleries – so far these have been Dalmore due to the proximity to the parents and hence ability to pick up distillery only releases when visiting and
Ardbeg due to the special releases they do and the demand for them. As you can see not exactly the most scientific approach but still not an unreasonable one I think. I will keep an online journal of the whiskies I have bought on the My Malt Whisky Colelction page for you to check out if you so desire. I will probably start to look at Macallans as well as it seems to get a good mention in most of the online articles you can read about malt whisky investment.
Share this:
Recent Posts
CategoriesMeter did not return any
assign values
Accessibility links
Advertisement
Competitors for the title of Men's Health magazine covermodel 2003 &Photo: Andy Butterton/PA
Sorry to disappoint you but, no, those guys on the covers of men’s health and fitness magazines are not just pub-dwelling darts throwers cleverly photoshopped into muscle-bound superheroes. Yes, a smear of fake tan, a liberal coating of oil, and a flattering lighting set-up can maximise the definition of any man’s physique - but behind the biceps and the six-packs lie hard work, smart lifestyle choices, sensible dietary plans and efficient exercise routines.
The good news is that any guy can learn from the fitness secrets of male cover models – even if you never hope to spot your naked waxed torso on the shelves of WH Smith. Here, body-sculpting experts Joe Warner and Sean Lerwill, who have both appeared on the covers of leading men’s magazines, reveal their top ten steps to upgrading your body.
RULE 1: KNOW YOUR GOAL FOR 2015
Joe Warner is the editor of digital fitness magazine , and co-author of , which charts his journey from skinny journalist to male cover model.
He says that one of the major lesson's he's learnt while underdoing intense training is that body transformation doesn’t have to be frightening, but it does have to be well-planned.
“The first thing you need to do is to decide upon your goal - whether that’s getting a washboard six-pack or having a bit more zip around the football pitch - and to set a realistic time-frame within which to achieve it,” explains Warner.
“Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither is a better body.”
Results will follow more quickly than you expect if you properly organise your life, diet and training. During his own cover model training, Warner gained 10kg of muscle and lost 8kg of fat in just 12 weeks.
“Turning up at the gym without a clear plan of what you want to achieve from that session is one of the most common reasons why New Year fitness goals are rarely met,” he warns. “Once your know your objective and how long it’s going to take, break it down into challenging but achievable milestones to keep you on track.”
RULE 2: AVOID FAD DIETS AND TRENDY IDEAS
The endless boom and bust of novel, celebrity-backed dietary systems should tell you all you need to know about their efficacy.
“The key to a successful body transformation - whether that’s adding muscle mass or stripping body fat - is eating well consistently, not some of the time,” cautions Warner.
For that to happen, you need to eat regularly and sensibly, meaning extreme diets and detoxes should be treated with suspicion.
“Three days of healthy eating - high-quality protein from meat and fish, healthy fats from eggs, nuts and avocados, and plenty of veg - followed by a day when you go off the rails - fast food, fizzy drinks and high-sugar snacks - does not equate to a net gain of two good days.
"The food you eat has wide-ranging hormonal implications for the creation, storage and use of fat and the construction and maintenance of muscle that will dictate the success or failure of your transformation.”
Joe Warner: before and after
RULE 3: PLAY THE NUMBERS GAME
Adding muscle or losing fat involves a simple equation, according to , a model for Men’s Health and Men’s Fitness magazines and author of the .
“The key is to work out what your body needs,” he explains. “Eat too much and you’ll add bodyweight. Eat too little and you’ll break down muscle - not what we want for a cover model body.
"My advice is to use one of the many formulas available, such as the , to work out the calories you need to maintain your physique, based on your weight, age and amount of exercise, and eat 20pc less than this for the stripped look.
"Try to hit certain amounts of macronutrients (carbs, fats and proteins). My general advice is that one third of your calories should come from healthy fats, 2.5g per kg of bodyweight from protein, and the rest from carbs. You can use smartphone apps like
to log your foods and stay on track.
"Remember to drink lots of water too - around 1 litre per 20kg of bodyweight per day.”
RULE 4: SWAP THE TREADMILL FOR THE WEIGHTS ROOM
Hours of running and cycling will keep you in shape but it won’t lead to a cover model physique.
“The research overwhelmingly shows that resistance or weight training is far more beneficial for adding muscle and burning fat than cardio - especially the slow, steady-state treadmill runs so many people gravitate towards when wanting to get back in shape,” advises Warner.
“Free weights using dumbbells and barbells are more effective than using machines because they also work the small but crucial stabilising muscles that the fixed movement patterns on machines ignore.
"If you want to do cardio, keep sessions short and intense, with bursts of all-out effort alternated with longer periods of recovery. This provides some of the same fat-loss benefits as weight training.”
Sean Lerwill
RULE 5: NEVER CHEAT WHEN YOU’RE LIFTING
Unlike professional weightlifters, the aim of a cover model isn’t to manoeuvre the biggest weight possible, but to improve the muscular structure of their body. Your goal is probably the same.
“It can be tempting to assume that the heavier the weight you lift, the quicker you’ll add muscle,” says Warner. “But more often than not the opposite is true because relying on using momentum to move a weight, rather than using your muscles, means you’ll never test your muscles enough to coax them into growing.
"Leave your ego at the door and choose a weight that you can lift and lower under control because it is this direct stimulus on the target muscle that breaks down the fibres so they grow back bigger and stronger.”
And be prepared to work hard. “You have to really, really want to change your body,” says Warner. “But when you push yourself harder, you will force your body to adapt.”
RULE 6: PERFORM BIG COMPOUND MOVES
Focus on exercises that work as many different muscles in your body as possible. These more complex exercises not only help to trigger more muscle-growth, but they also torch more fat.
“Compound exercises like pull-ups, dips, chin-ups, squats and deadlifts are the way ahead,” says Lerwill. “Although the deadlift is supposed to have more fat-burning, muscle-building and calorie-burning changes associated with it per rep, the squat has also been coined ‘the king of exercises’ because a far larger percentage of the body’s muscles are in the legs. So by working the thighs and the backside, more energy is expended and more calories are burned.
"More importantly, the biggest muscles in the body get worked and therefore as they become bigger and stronger you will burn more calories throughout the day – even when you are sleeping, or sitting at work. In the long run this will help you maintain a great physique far more than by just doing biceps curls.”
RULE 7: DON’T DRINK YOUR CALORIES
What we consume in liquid form is often the hidden menace that forces us to pile on layers of unwanted blubber. That’s why cover models pay extra attention to their intake of liquid calories.
“If losing fat is your primary goal then reducing the number of calories you drink will go a long way towards your success,” reveals Warner, who dropped his body-fat percentage from around 17pc to 5.5pc.
“The easiest way is to eliminate all sugary drinks from your diet. And I don’t just mean cans of fizzy pop, but also processed fruit juices and those morning takeout flavoured coffee concoctions that can contain up to 50g of the white stuff. Sugar is all empty calories without any nutrients and has a huge impact on how your body burns and processes fuel.
"Switching these high-calorie beverages for H20 will prevent the inevitable energy highs and lows that will derail your fitness mission. If you get bored of plain water, cut up a lemon or lime and drop the segments into a pint of soda water.”
RULE 8: UPGRADE YOUR LIFESTYLE CHOICES
Simple daily changes are just as important for maintaining a cover model physique as all the pain, sweat and grunting in the gym.
“There are some ‘little things’ that I advise people to do,” says Lerwill. “For an untrained person it might be to get off the tube a stop early and walk to the office, or cut out the lattes. For a trained person who has stalled with their fat loss it may be to take Omega 3 fish oils to help accelerate fat loss.
"One that most of us can do is cut down the alcohol.”
RULE 9: LEARN HOW TO SNACK HEALTHILY
No matter how hard you train, fat-drenched snacks will undermine your body-sculpting goals.
“There was a time when eating confectionery was kept to special occasions but these days it can be a daily occurrence,” notes Lerwill. “Instead, go back to having cakes or chocolate as treats once or twice a week or at the end of a 10-12 week programme. It’s amazing how much better you’ll feel.
"In terms of reasonably healthy snacks, I’d recommend things like: almonds or almond butter, cashews or cashew butter, hard-boiled eggs, berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries), low-fat Greek yoghurt, protein bars or shakes, apples, rice cakes, hummus with carrots or celery, avocado slices, or sweet potato wedges. But remember to keep within your calorie needs for the day.”
RULE 10: SLEEP YOUR WAY TO A BETTER BODY
If you want to transform your physique, you need to give it the time to rebuild.
“Sleep is an absolute cornerstone of any physical challenge where you are trying to make big changes to the way you look,” says Warner. And it’s not just about preventing bags under your eyes. “Poor-quality sleep will lead to lower testosterone and growth hormone production - both of which are essential for muscle-growth and fat-loss. Poor sleep will also impair blood-sugar management so your body is less able to deal effectively with the food you eat.
"Aim for eight to nine hours of sleep per night to optimise your ability to get in shape.”
Fame & Fortune
Advertisement
telegraphuk
Please enable JavaScript to view the
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement}

我要回帖

更多关于 a tbsp of sugar free 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信