what is not to likedid not steven like?

'The devil will look after his own': Mother of woman who was killed with her two children near Adelaide says she did not know their accused killer – but her daughter 'mixed with the wrong crowd' and had drug issues A man, 30, has been charged with murder after police found three bodiesA five-year-old boy, six-year-old girl and a 29-year-old woman were killedGrandmother of the two children described them as 'beautiful, happy' Police made the grim discovery on Monday at a house in 's north Steven Peet did not apply for bail when he appeared in court on TuesdayBy
05:28 GMT, 31 May 2016
15:55 GMT, 31 May 2016
The grandmother of a woman found killed with her two children has described the two children as beautiful kids whose mother would do anything for them. Steven Graham Peet, 30, who is charged with three murders, made no application for bail when he appeared in the Elizabeth Magistrates Court on Tuesday.He is accused of killing Adeline Rigney-Wilson and her children, Corey, 5, and Amber, 6, whose bodies were found at a house at Hillier, north of Adelaide, on Monday.Scroll down for video
Grieving mother Donna Rigney (second from right) is comforted by other family members in Adelaide on Tuesday
Steven Peet was charged with murder after three bodies were found at a home north of Adelaide on Monday
His partner Adeline Rigney-Wilson (pictured), 29, her six-year-old daughter and five-year-old son were killed in a domestic dispute Donna Rigney had not spoken with her daughter Adeline Rigney-Wilson for about four months because of the 29-year-old's drug issues but says she would do anything for her kids.'She was a good mother. She growled, but it doesn't matter because you've got to pull your kids into line and that's how she did it,' Ms Rigney said through tears.'She got mixed up with the wrong crowd but she always made sure her children were right.
RELATED ARTICLES
Share this article
'She always bought food for those kids on her payday.'Ms Rigney said she didn't know her daughter's partner.'The devil will look after his own,' she said.
'The devil will look after his own' - Ms Rigney said she didn't know her daughter's partner, who is accused of killing Adeline Rigney-Wilson and her children, Corey, 5, and Amber, 6
Donna Rigney (second from right) had not spoken with her daughter Adeline Rigney-Wilson for about four months because of the 29-year-old's drug issues but says she would do anything for her kids
Mr Peet - who will face court over the murders on Tuesday - has three skulls tattooed on the back of his neck
Police found the bodies on Monday at around 1.30pm on Monday after speaking with three men on the property
Mr Peet was found outside the home and taken to Lyell McEwen Hospital by paramedics before his arrestPeet was brought into the court in handcuffs and was wearing a blue rain coat on Tuesday.He made no comment during the appearance.Defence Counsel Andrew English said only that his client would not be seeking bail.Magistrate Brian Nitschke remanded Peet in custody to appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court by video link in August.When the bodies of Ms Rigney-Wilson and her children were found police described the deaths as domestic related.But they declined to reveal how the trio were killed.
A 30-year-old was discharged from hospital on Monday night before being transported to a local station under heavy police guard
He attempted to hide his head from the cameras when he was pictured outside the hospital on Monday night
There is still a heavy police presence at the rural property as forensic investigators collect evidence
Earlier it was revealed Mr Peet, who was living with the family but not father to the children, shared a chilling picture on Facebook in February - just after they moved in together - that said: 'The day you raise your hand on a woman. That day you're no longer officially a man.'A neighbour of the family said she never would have suspected such a horrific crime could take place in such a quiet home.'I've never seen them before, hadn't seen anything or heard anything from over there,' she told the Adelaide Advertiser.
Mr Peet shared a chilling picture on Facebook in February that slammed men who were violent towards women
Police were called to the house at around 1.30pm on Monday where they found the bodies inside'I'd never even noticed that they were there, we'd never had any bother from them at all, they were very quiet.'A man who claimed to know the accused killer through a car sale told the local paper that he found the bodies and contacted police immediately.'It's not good to find two dead kids,' he said on Monday afternoon as police still lingered at the home.
South Australia Ambulance Service confirmed they were called to the scene earlier today and transported a man to hospital at some stage during the afternoon
Investigators are still searching the rural home, located north east of Adelaide
Read more:
Share or comment on this article
Most watched News videos
MOST READ NEWS
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.
More top stories
DON'T MISS
MORE DON'T MISS
EDITOR'S SIX OF THE BEST
SHARE PICTURE
Copy link to paste in your messageFeatured Matches
Featured Matches
Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspur
Leicester City
Swansea City
Borussia Dortmund
Real Madrid
Celta Vigo
Atletico Madrid
Chicago Fire
Philadelphia Union
Sporting Kansas City
Columbus Crew SC
San Jose Earthquakes
Toronto FC
Montreal Impact
Houston Dynamo
Vancouver Whitecaps
Tottenham Hotspur
&By&ESPN staff
Steven Gerrard: Rafa Benitez didn't like me at Liverpool
Steven Gerrard takes a stroll with Jo Ankier on Venice Beach and reveals his hatred of road rage and his love of beaches, basketball -- and "Baywatch"! Steven Gerrard has revealed that his relationship with Rafa Benitez at Liverpool was "emotionless and distant," and doubts whether the coach truly liked him.
Gerrard, 35, played for Liverpool between 1998 and 2015 before joining LA Galaxy this summer, winning the Champions League and FA Cup for his boyhood club under Benitez's guidance.
Despite the duo's success together, former Anfield captain Gerrard says there is "no bond" between him and the current Real Madrid manager.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Okwonga: &|
- Laurens:
- Highlights (U.S. only):
|& |&&| &|&
In extracts from his book "My Story," serialised in the , Gerrard said: "I don't think Rafa Benitez liked me as a person. I'm not sure why, but that's the feeling I got from him. It probably started even before he spoke to me, when he met my mum [in Portugal in 2004].
"Gerard [Houllier] introduced Rafa to my mum. Rafa shook her hand, said hello and then immediately asked her a very blunt question: 'Does Steven like money?'
"Apart from a standard 'Hello... good to meet you' introduction, those were the first words Rafa said to my mum. I thought: 'What kind of question is that?'
"I can pick up the phone and speak to all of my previous Liverpool managers. Except for Rafa. It's a shame because we probably shared the biggest night of both our careers -- the 2005 Champions League victory in Istanbul -- and yet there is no bond between us.
"I used to think he favoured our Spanish-speakers. He was an especially big fan of South American players, which is fine. It caused no problem between us. At press conferences he might call other players by their first name but I was always 'Gerrard.' It was the same in the dressing room. He would read out the team and use nicknames. But, for me, it would just be 'Gerrard.'"
Steven Gerrard feels he never got the full backing of Rafa Benitez while at Liverpool.
"It wouldn't have made me play any better if he'd suddenly started calling me 'Stevie.' I just wanted to win the next game and I knew Rafa could, usually, help us achieve another victory. He was the best tactical coach I worked with at Liverpool and England so I didn't care what he called me.
"If we were to bump into each other tomorrow there would be no unpleasantness but maybe a day will come when we can actually have a deeper and friendlier conversation and reflect on everything we experienced at Liverpool."
Despite the lack of a relationship between the pair, Gerrard believes he improved as a player during Benitez's tenure at Anfield, and compared the coach's approach to former England manager Fabio Capello.
"Our working relationship was ultra-professional and his frostiness drove me to become a better player," he continued. "I had a hunger to earn a compliment from him -- but also a hunger to let him know he really needed me as a player. We were like fire and ice.
"On a basic human level I prefer a likeable manager, such as Gerard Houllier or Brendan Rodgers, but in terms of football I really don't mind working with a colder man. An emotionless and distant relationship with the likes of Rafa Benítez and Fabio Capello can sometimes produce more success.
"It would not be my style if I were to ever become a manager -- I'd try to fuse the best of Rafa's tactical thinking with Brendan's skill as a man-manager."
Rafa Benitez left Napoli this summer to take over at Real Madrid.
Gerrard --
-- also spoke of , telling how he watched the "meltdown" on television.
"I went home from training that Friday lunchtime and switched on the TV," he said. "Rafa sat down with his usual half-smile. It looked likely to be a normal press conference, but then he reached into his pocket for a piece of paper.
"He spread it out on the table and began to read out one 'fact' after another. Rafa kept saying 'fact... fact... fact...' and I could not believe what I was hearing. I was grabbing the couch, digging my fingers into the arms, feeling embarrassed for him.
"Rafa started by saying that maybe Manchester United 'are nervous because we are at the top of the table.' I thought: 'Uh oh, what's happening here?'
"It seemed so unlike Rafa to talk in such an emotional way. You could see the anger in him. 'I want to talk about facts,' Rafa said. 'I want to be clear, I do not want to play mind games too early, although they seem to want to start. But I have seen some facts.'
"Rafa went off on a ramble about how Manchester United and 'Mr Ferguson' had not been properly punished for various misdemeanours. He then railed against the fixture list and the timing of matches being skewed in United's favour.
"Rafa was sounding muddled and bitter and paranoid. He was humiliating himself. It was a disaster. I couldn't understand Rafa's thinking in wanting to take on Ferguson, a master of mind games, when we were sitting so calmly on top of the table early into a new year.
"When I met up with England all the Manchester United players told me Fergie was just laughing at Rafa, saying: 'I've got him. I've got him.'"【小题1】B【小题2】A【小题3】C【小题4】D
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:2016届江苏省南京市高一第一学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
Pacing and Pausing
Sara tried to befriend her old friend Steve's new
wife, but Betty never seemed to have anything to say. While Sara felt Betty
didn't hold up her end of the conversation, Betty complained to Steve that Sara
never gave her a chance to talk. The problem had to do with expectations about
pacing and pausing.
Conversation is a turn-taking game. When our habits
are similar, there's no problem. But if our habits are different, you may start
to talk before I'm finished or fail to take your turn when I'm finished. That's
what was happening with Betty and Sara.
It may not be coincidental that Betty, who expected
relatively longer pauses between turns, is British, and Sara, who expected
relatively shorter pauses, is American. Betty often felt interrupted by Sara.
But Betty herself became an interrupter and found herself doing most of the
talking when she met a visitor from Finland. And Sara had a hard time cutting
in on some speakers from Latin America or Israel.
The general phenomenon, then, is that the small
conversation techniques, like pacing and pausing, lead people to draw
conclusions not about conversational style but about personality and abilities.
These habitual differences are often the basis for dangerous stereotyping (思维定式). And these social phenomena can have very personal consequences.
For example, a woman from the southwestern part of the US went to live in an
eastern city to take up a job in personnel. When the Personnel Department got
together for meetings, she kept searching for the right time to break in ---
and never found it. Although back home she was considered outgoing and
confident, in Washington she was viewed as shy and retiring. When she was
evaluated at the end of the year, she was told to take a training course
because of her inability to speak up.
That's why slight differences in conversational style
--- tiny little things like microseconds of pause --- can have a great effect
on one's life. The result in this case was a judgment of psychological problems
--- even in the mind of the woman herself, who really wondered what was wrong
with her and registered for assertiveness training.
1.What
did Sara think of Betty when talking with her?
A. Betty was talkative.
B. Betty was an interrupter.
C. Betty did not take her turn.
D. Betty paid no attention to Sara.
2.According
to the passage, who are likely to expect the shortest pauses between turns?
A. Americans. &&&&&&&&&& B.
Israelis.&& &&& C. The British. &&&&&&&&&& D.
The Finns.
3.We
can learn from the passage that ______.
A. communication breakdown results from short pauses
and fast pacing
B. women are unfavorably stereotyped in eastern cities
of the US
C. one's inability to speak up is culturally
determined sometimes
D. one should receive training to build up one's
confidence
来源:上海市学年度高一第一学期期中考试
四、阅读理解:(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)
Steve and Yaser first met in their
chemistry class at an American university. Yaser was an international student
from Jordan. He was excited to get to know an American. He wanted to learn more
about American culture. Yaser hoped that he and Steve would become good
friends.
At first, Steve seemed very friendly. He
always greeted Yaser warmly before class. Sometimes he offered to study with
Yaser. He even invited Yaser to have lunch with him. But after the term was
over, Steve seemed more distant. The two former(以前的) classmates didn’t see each other very much at
school. One day Yaser decided to call Steve. steve didn’t seem very interested
in talking to him. Yaser was hurt by Steve’s change of attitude. “Steve said we
were friends,” Yaser complained. “And I thought friends were friends forever.”
Yaser is a little confused. He is an
outsider(局外人) to
American culture. He doesn’t understand the way Americans view friendship.
americans use the word “friend” in a very general way. They may call both
casual acquaintaneces(熟人) and close companions(伙伴) “friends”. americans have school friends, work friends, sports
friends and neighborhood friends. These friendships are based on common
interests.
Studies show that one out of five American
families moves every year. American frienships develop quckly, and they may
change just as quickly.
People from the United States may at first
seem friendly. Americans often chat easily with strangers. They exchange
information about their families, hobbies and work. They may smile warmly and
say, “Have a nice day.” or “see you later.” schoolmates may say, “Let’s get
together sometime.” But American friendliness is not always an offer of true
friendship.
41. Why didn’t Yaser understand Steve was
more was more distant with him when they were no longer in the same class?
A. Because Steve no longer likes Yaser.
B. Because they couldn’t see each other.
C. Because Yaser didn’t know american
culture about friendship.
D. Because Yaer was a foreigner.
42. From the text we can find that American
friendships ________.
A. develop quickly but change
slowly&&&&&&&&&& B. develop
slowly and change slowly
C. develop slowly but change
quickly&&&&&&&&&& D. develop
and change quickly
43. From the text we may know that
Americans are ________.
A.
kind&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B.
rude&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C.
sad&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
D. impolite
44. If you no longer work with an american,
what should you do with your friendship?
A. Try your best to keep
it.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. Avoid meeting your workmates.
C. Let it
be.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
D. worry about it.
来源:2015届广东省佛山市高一下学期第一次段考英语试卷(解析版)
题型:信息匹配
阅读下列材料,从所给的六个选项(A、B、C、D、E和F)中,选出符合各小题要求的最佳选项,并把答案写在答题卡对应的位置上。选项中有一项为多余选项。选E同时涂黑A和B,选F同时涂黑C和D。
A.&Intensive course at King’s Bournemouth, London
and Oxford
Full-time, intensive course for adults with 28 lessons
per week (21 hours) combining general English with communication skills or
special interest options such as conversation, business English, English for
academic purpose and exam preparation (IELTS/ Cambridge).
B.&“Afternoon 20” economy course at King’s
Bournemouth
Excellent low-cost course! Semi-intensive course for
adults with 20 lessons per week (15 hours) covering all areas of general
English including reading, writing, speaking, listening and pronunciation.
Lessons take place in the afternoons.
C.&IELTs course at King’s Oxford
King’s Oxford is one of the largest IELTS test centers
in the UK, this highly intensive 2-week course offers excellent special
preparation for the IELTS examination. This course may be booked individually
or in combination with another course.
D.&One-to-one lessons at King’s
A tailor-made course is to suit the individual
requirements of the students. One-to- one tuition provide a very intensive form
of study. The student determines not only the content (e.g. tourism, banking,
insurance) but also the quantity and pace (intensity) of their English lessons.
So whether you are a “fast learner” who needs to develop you language skill as
quickly as possible or you want to study at a slower pace, this course is
perfect for you as we design it to your wishes.
E.& Intensive business course at King’s Bournemouth
and London
Highly intensive, full-time course for motivated
students with 34 lessons per week (25.5 hours) combining general English with
business English. This course is ideal for executive (管理人员) and professionals needing to revise and improve their
business English and communication skills.
F.& Summer intensive course at King’s Bournemouth
and London
International summer course for adults combining an
intensive English language course with a programme of optional sports and
activities. The lessons take place on 5 mornings plus one afternoon per week,
covering all areas of general English and also offering students at higher
levels a selection of special intensive interest modules including business
English, IELTS and speaking and listening.
以下是几名学生的信息,请匹配他们与适合他们的课程。
1.Sara, whose husband works in a bank in London, came
to London last week and will stay in London for a long time. What makes Sara
embarrassed is that she doesn’t know English, so she wants to find a special
course whose contents can be decided by her.
2.Cathy is from Korea and now she works in a bar in
London. Because her English is not very good, she wants to find a course to
improve her communication skills she’s only free in the afternoon.
3.Steve has finished the language school course in
London and now he needs to take the IELTS test that is compulsory (必修的) for entering a university. He wants to take an IELTS
training course.
4.Richard is a manager in a cooperative company in
France. Next month he’ll be sent to work in the branch company in London. For
his English still needs to be improved, he asked his secretary to find a course
for him in London.
5.John is a university student in China and he plans
to take post-graduate course in Britain after graduation. This summer vacation,
he’d like to pay a visit to the UK to get a taste of the English learning
there, meanwhile he wants to have some activities and sports.
来源:2013届浙江省温岭中学高三冲刺模拟考试英语试卷(带解析)
题型:单选题
Whenever Steve sang in the shower, his voice _______ throughout the house.A.has rungB.would ringC.was ringingD.had rung
United States: Air crews searched through Thursday night for missing US adventurer Steve Fossett on a task they compared to looking for a needle in a haystack in the vast Nevada desert. Four days after Fossett’s plane disappeared, authorities dramatically (戏剧般的) increased the search area to 26,000 sq km from on an original 1,600 sq km. But they said it could take two weeks or more to find the 63 – year – old millionaire and aviation record – setter who disappeared on Monday., Thursday’s search turned up on trace of Fossett and no locater signals nor emergency beacons (求救灯) from him or his small single – engine plane, authorities said. Two planes with infra – red (红外线) technology will fly through the night in hopes of finding him, they said.
Major Cynthia Ryan of the Nevada Civil Air Patrol said daytime ground patrols (巡逻队) of the mountains and a search of western Nevada’s Walker Lake have been added, and the air search was extended into California’s mountain border. “Trying to make that needle stand out in a haystack that big is going to be a real challenge and is going to be discouraging for people who were hoping for results early on,” Ryan told a news conference. “Searches of this nature very typically can go on two weeks and longer. So four days into it, we are still scratching the surface,” she said. “We can’t always guarantee the result that everyone would like, but I do guarantee results,” Ryan added.
Fossett’s Citabria Super Decathlon disappeared while he was out searching dry lake beds for a planned attempt to set a land speed record. Nothing has been heard from a fine watch that Fossett is known to wear that is designed to let pilots signal their location in an emergency.
More than 12 planes took off at dawn on Thursday to scour the Nevada desert, whose mountains rise up to 3,000 meters and are buffeted by heavy cross winds. Searchers are using several types of planes, including some with imaging technology that quickly distinguishes man – made objects, including air – craft wreckage, from natural objects.
(from September 8 – 9 2007 China Daily)
1.Who is the man named Steve Fossett in the passage?
&&&&&& A.A rich young man who like to risk.&&&&&&& B.A young millionaire that love to venture.
&&&&&& C.An old man that enjoys walking.&&&&&&&&&&& D.An old adventurer who is rich.
2.We can infer from the underlined part looking for a needle in a haystack in the first paragraph that &&&&&&&&&&.
&&&&&& A.it is difficult to find Steve Fossett&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&& B.it is easy to find Steve Fosset
&&&&&& C.it is not clear whether they could find Fossett&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&& D.it is obvious that they could find Fossett
3.The reason why Fossett disappeared was that &&&&&&&&&&.
&&&&&& A.the plane he was on for business fell down from the sky
&&&&&& B.he forced the pilot of the plane to fall down to the ground
&&&&&& C.he wanted to set a record of landing by driving a plane
&&&&&& D.he was not careful enough in piloting his own plane
4.The underlined word “buffeted” may have the closest meaning to &&&&&&&&&&&.
&&&&& A.attacked violently&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.beaten softly
&&&&&& C.flowed quickly&&&&&&& D.blown normally
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!}

我要回帖

更多关于 did you like it 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信