定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,方便使用
还剩6页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢Bordeaux Wine - A Guide to the Wines of Bordeaux
Hello, &/&
& Bordeaux
Bordeaux Wine
Located around the Gironde estuary and along the Dordogne and Garonne rivers, Bordeaux is one of France&s most important wine-producing regions. The groundwork was laid when the Dutch drained the marshes of the Medoc in the 17th century. Then climate is maritime and as humid as it was when the land was covered in marshes instead of vineyards, leading to a variety of viticultural problems, such as rot and mildew.
Bordeaux can be divided into four major regions. The Medoc is the area west of the Gironde and downstream (north) of the city of Bordeaux. It includes the major communes (roughly north to south) of St-Estephe, Pauillac, Saint-Julien, and Margaux. The &right bank& refers to the area east of the Dordogne. It includes the communes of St-Emilion and Pomerol. Graves comprises the area upstream (south) of the city of Bordeaux. The first growth Haut-Brion is located here. This area is also well-known for the sweet wines of Sauternes. Finally, the Entre-Deux-Mers is the area between
– Description from
Just a few short weeks before Bordeaux En Primeur 2016, I found myself back in Bordeaux to re-taste the 2015 vintage. Bordeaux’s 2015 vintage is proving to be quite fascinating. Some are shouting from the rafters that it is the best vintage since 2010,...
Bordeaux is different things to different people. To many seasoned wine lovers it’s one of the most prestigious wine regions in the world, home to some of the greatest reds and whites the planet has to offer. When you look at Bordeaux’s track record of...
With springtime upon us, wine enthusiasts around the world are looking to squeeze a French vineyard into their European holiday. “Is it possible to catch the spirit of Bordeaux in a couple of days?” With careful planning the answer’s “yes”.
No doubt when Spanish conquistador Pedro Gutierrez de Valdivia founded the city of Santiago in 1541, he was not thinking of viticulture. However, today the Maipo and Colchagua Valleys produce some of the finest Bordeaux influenced wines in the world.
It has been a HOT year. A REALLY HOT year. Here in New York we are just starting to feel the effects of a summer long drought with reduced yields through smaller berries. Changing weather patterns is a really obvious side effect of climate change howev...
With each wine offering its own unique blend of structural elements, flavors, and aromas, you'll often hear that it's important to use the right glass if you want to enjoy your wine to its fullest. But is that just a whole lot of marketing BS?
The annual shifts in our calendar create all kinds of serendipitous circumstances. Maybe your birthday falls on a Friday this year, which gifts you an extra big weekend to celebrate. And don’t you love it when New Year’s Day happens to be on a Friday?
The majority of wines on the market these days are meant to be consumed within one to five years. This is a natural law. Producing wines that can sit in the cellar for decades is time-consuming and expensive. There is a time and place for wines that ag...
Navarra may sound like a dusty desert town in an old Western movie but in reality it’s a little known wine region that’s been overshadowed by Rioja, its illustrious neighbour in northern Spain, for years. The region is renowned for its roses (Rosado) b...
We've had a relationship with wine for several millennia and counting. This relationship has been documented in a number of ways, but so much has been lost to the ravages of time. Gaps in history leave wine culture open to interpretation
Le Calvaire has a goodly chunk of Cabernet Sauvignon in the mix (36%) - usually a bonus for Bordeaux Superieur.
The wine has a beautiful robe with a nose of sweet, candied cherry, wet sphagnum moss and a touch of anise. Entry is lean (not unusual for ...
light, with some acid tartness
Plenty of fruit here, blackberry, but some red plum also.
Spice, chewy medium tannins and balanced acidity.
Mouth watering juicy pop at the end.
Give it another 12 months.
started out very spicy, but mellowed to a fruity palate after some breaths, mainly blackcurrants
This little gem from the vaunted 2009 vintage is regular A.C., but is delicious and balanced with bright red fruit in abundance.
Although there is little grip and the time to drink is now, these facts do not detract as the wine is surprisingly elegant...
This wine is an excellent
it is has decent grip although it is less &juicy& than the 2009.
The nose is Merlot-like (not a coincidence, maybe) with cherry licorice whips, and the entry is filled with cedar and plum.
The finish is...
A little minty at first on the nose then turning attractively fruity with lovely black currant fruit over tobacco and dried thyme notes. Soft, broad and fairly ripe on entry. This firmly medium bodied wine has a bit of spicy oak early on the palate fol...
This is just gorgeous on the nose with savory notes of dark plum, molasses and brown sugar, with dark blackberry jam, gamey notes of soy sauce and a hint of moist earth. Warm and full bodied in the mouth, this has the perfect interplay of juicy black c...
(Past tasting 21 Jun 2013) Deep plums, and oak on nose. Slightly spicy.
Although lavender is usually valued for its aromatic contribution to sachets and pot-pourri, it adds, when used sparingly, an interesting undertone to more familiar herbs such as rosemary and thyme...
This will work best with loin or rib chops, at least 1 inch thick.
The rich, deep flavor of the roasted duck is enhanced by the sweetness of the red current sauce.
Roasting a breast of duck provides a rich, delicious meal for a special occasion. The sweet and mildly tart sauce enhances the flavor of the duck.
A simple marinade gives these lamb chops an elegant taste.
You can find duck breasts frozen in the meat case of most supermarkets.
Need dinner fast? Broiled lamb loin chops cook in just ten minutes, give them a quick dry rub and you're still ready to serve in less than half an hour.
Reduced grape must (saba) boosts the grape flavor in this rich, sweet sauce. Serve with wilted spinach and roasted turnips or potatoes.
There's no reason why you can't have your Guinness two ways at once: Enjoy as the day's beverage of choice, and while devouring one of our favorite nuggets of meat-lamb rib chops-which we bathe in ...
89065Gregory Dal Piaz
1476475Ennis1
1189188bencao
1068425Matthijs Visser
1059486WineBlueBook
870341Amanda Schuster
Mentor for
Bordeaux Wines
I enjoy trying wines from around the world, but Bordeaux was my first love, now eclipsed by Riesling.
I have worked in the wine business for 10 years, mostly auction, now importing/consulting.
Popular wines made in Bordeaux under $20
Find local availability for these wines:
Avg. Price $43.42
Avg. Price $54.99
Avg. Price $23.99
Snoothrank:
Avg. Price $8.99
Avg. Price $34.27
Avg. Price $33.22
Varietals Produced
The Occitanian word “merlot” translates to “young blackbird.” An accurate description for this popular, early-budding...
The Mission or Pais grape was the first Vitis vinifera vine planted in North America. From 1697 until well into the 1...
Sauvignon Blanc is widely grown in California -- at over 15,000 acres, it’s now the third most planted variety -- and...
History of the grape: Little is documented about the early years of this grape, which is surprising due to its distin...
“King of the Red Wine Grapes.” The colonizer of the vineyards, pushing native wine grapes into its shadows. The Caber...
Subregions of Bordeaux
The region’s name, which means “between two seas,” refers to its location between the Dord...
Fronsac is a good-sized appellation in Bordeaux, on the right bank of the Dordogne...
Graves is a very important part of Bordeaux, located downstream (south) of the city...
Created in 1937, the Graves Supérieures AOC produces sweet white wines in the same growing region...
Margaux is a commune in the Medoc, which is part of Bordeaux. First growth Ch. Mar...
The Medoc is probably the best-known part of Bordeaux. It is located west of the Gironde, ...
Pauillac is a commune in Bordeaux which is situated in the Medoc. Cabernet Sauvig...
Pomerol is a commune on the right bank of the Dordogne, in Bordeaux. Most of the producers...
A small appellation located in the area around the picturesque little town of Sainte-Croix-du-Mon...
St-Emilion is a commune in Bordeaux which is located along the right (northeast) bank of the Do...
Sauternes is a region in the Graves part of Bordeaux, south of the Garonne river which is ...
Barsac is a Bordelais commune devoted to the creation of botrytized dessert wines like those of...
The C?tes de Bordeaux Blaye is a catch-all appellation in the Bordeaux region of France th...
Bordeaux Controlée, a.k.a. Bordeaux AOC, is an appellation covering wines produced all ove...
Popular Wineries in Bordeaux
Situated in the eastern edge of the Bordeaux wine growing area, the Ch?teau de Parenchère vineyar...
We had this wine while in the Bahamas and loved it. Would like to know where we can purchase it...
All of our wines come from vineyards that are farmed with a sustainable management style. This me...
Area : 28 hectares of red varietals
Soil : Majority clay-limestone on limestone shelf with clay-s...
This estate was originally owned by Jean-Louis Lacour but he sent most of his production to a n...
Ch?teau de Seguin in Bordeaux is part of the CHRIS-WINE Group. An indenpendent and family owned w...
People getting updates on
Bordeaux Wines
Page 1 of 1,000
Bordeaux on Snooth
Snoothrank:
The 2005 Grand Mayne was rated highly upon release, and expected to last up to 20 years in the bottle (under prudent cellaring).
At 12 years, this bottle was carefully aged but seems a bit past it.
Reasonably good chocolate and acidic red fruit, but a slightly roasted note on the finish.
EM - I'm fine with your wine selection too, especially if you are serving
... yes, there was wine, a 2005 Bordeaux (Chateau Haut-Bages Liberal 2005 Paulliac).
The sommelier decanted it and we gave him a taste too.
He said the 2000 vintage, which they had for just $30 more at $235, was so similar that he doubted I could tell them apart in a b...
Snoothrank:
A merlot left banker (60% - 40$ Cab) this is a strong merlot, but it does have holes in it, thusly it's not quite complete.
Plenty of dark cherry, plum, old leather and oak coupled with chewy tannins and bracing acidity it shouts (loudly) RED MEAT!
88 points - hold 18-24 mths - Paul
I haven't posted here in a while, and I have no pictures.
On Thursday
Nero d'Avalo, Bordeaux, Chianti, Dao, Ribiero del Duero, Pouilly-Fuisse, Meursaut, Soave and multiple of domestic Chardonnays.
FWIW, Trader Joe's has St. Clement Chardonnay for $9.99.
Peggy loves it, and, at that price, I'll buy all she can drink.Over the last mo...
Snoothrank:
I bought this bottle of wine for ?10 from the website
... north of the City of Bordeaux.. The commune is set back a little inland of the Gironde estuary on higher ground [only 40 metres above sea level ] than the other Medoc appellationss.Chateau Ducluzeau is a small family owned property in this area. My bottle consists of 90% merlot and 10% c...
AL - The 2010 vintage was another very good year in Bordeaux.
That said not all wines at this price are meant to age that long and it's not that unusual to experience what you've gone through - that "hmmmm" experience.I've had several over the years and believe me, it's a humbling experience.
Waiting to long on a wine is just the opposite of f...
This Bordeaux blend is decent but not great in any way.
It's getting better with air though, and it's close to the $20 price point, so what the heck - I'm posting it here.
I would buy it again, but I don't recommend this one as I have tasted better for the money.
It's 75% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and 15% Cabernet Franc.
Should have tas...
We did the French Wine Tasting party last night at our friends house in
... Chateau Meyney, which was a Bordeaux left bank (Cabernet Sauvignon being the primary varietal).
There were many right bank Bordeaux wines and even a white Bordeaux (Sauvignon Blanc).
Our red, a 2006 Chateau Gueyrosse Bordeaux was the second favorit
Snoothrank:
No written review
I have a friend in China that was the WSET Wine Educator of the Year 2016 - is
... - not that much bigger than Bordeaux. So it’s important they get a sense of real size (admittedly, Australians have traditionally been overachievers in this respect in terms of marketing and did over-expand their industry by 2005). France has lost some of its ma...
I have been drinking Bordeaux wines since the 1978 vintage and had bought several highly rated 2009 and 2010 wines to hold. I decided to open several to see if they were worth holding. I was more than a bit disappointed. I did not find much in the way of fruit or body compared with past vintages, nor did I believe that there was any value in my ...
I am having a Grand Vin Bordeaux tasting with these 2005 wines:
Pontet Canet, Lynch Bages, Pichon Baron, Pichon Lalande, Cos d'Esttournel, Rauzan-Segla, Leoville Barton, Cannon la Gaffeliere and last a 2000 Leoville-las-cases.
How much time should I allow the wines to be opened in advance prior to tasting?
I will be bringing them up from my 55...
chateau du bedat 2000 bordeaux how is this wine and how much does it cost
A month ago, bought with my husband the Chateau Mazeris Canon Fronsac 2005 and we are crazy to find it again!!! I kept the bottle but seems useless. Anybody knows where can I get this beautiful wine. Tastes the best ever!!!! (Of course from Bordeaux)
LES HAUTS DE GOELANE 1998
I boughta bottle of
years ago B/027130 I was lead to believe it would be matured when my daughter is 21.???????????????????? is this
New image uploaded to this page.
Stay Connected
Get our free newsletter
Snooth Newsletters
Snooth: Get Snooth's free wine newsletter for a daily dose of what to drink right now, pairing ideas, wine country travel tips, and more.
Wine Tips: A daily postcard with a few simple words of wine wisdom.
Wine Events: A weekly roundup of wine events in your area.
Deals: We're on the look-out for great wine deals and when we see them, we'll send you an email
Best Wine Deals
Stonestreet Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Alexander Valley 2013
Martín Códax Albari?o Rías Baixas Burgáns 2011
Bordeaux Wine
by Gregory Dal Piaz
by Matthijs Visser
by WineBlueBook
by Amanda Schuster
Recent Forum Posts
Snooth Media Network< &#8212; Wine, Food, Life, Travel | I&#039;m Robyn Tinsley
is where I write about the wines that intersect my life, meals, travels and interests. After more than a decade of writing about wine in a more general way, I am focusing on the things that matter to me now: natural, whole, my progression toward some kind of vegetarian/vegan lifestyle (but I cannot even imagine giving up cheese); learning t and the wines that somehow connect all those dots.
by &&&March 28, 2013&&&
It&#8217;s a soft launch, but it&#8217;s a launch. More to come &#8212; check it out!
by &&&March 16, 2013&&&
Hello all, Just a quick note to let you know that it&#8217;s that time again &#8212; time for me to shake things up around here. And this go-round, it&#8217;s gonna be big. Stay tuned!
by &&&February 22, 2013&&&
Today is (apparently) National Margarita Day, so I thought I&#8217;d share this recipe for an easy at-home margarita that I&#8217;ve been shaking up for about a year now. The recipe was given to me last spring by David Hopkins, he of the killer Bridlewood Syrahs. At some point, our wine-tasting dinner conversation veered to the...
by &&&February 9, 2013&&&
This dish is sort of an inverted, main course version of a classic Tuscan bruschetta starter. It&#8217;s a bowl of well-flavored beans served room temperature alongside crunchy toasts, rather than the other way around. I decided to try the parchment paper/oven method of cooking the beans after seeing it mentioned in various cookbooks. I&#8217;ve only done...
by &&&February 5, 2013&&&
For those of you interested in upping the environmentally-conscious factor in your cocktails, organic spirits are becoming more widely available. (And there&#8217;s some evidence to suggest that organic spirits pack less of a hangover, which I suppose make some intuitive sense, since they are probably &#8220;cleaner&#8221; products overall&#8230;) Blue Ice Organic Vodka has been...
by &&&January 25, 2013&&&
I haven&#8217;t done one of these grab bag roundup posts in a while, and watching a variety of people devouring this puff pastry tart with all manner of wines and cocktails at a Golden Globe viewing party got me in the mood. It was an annual potluck affair, and I basically rolled out a sheet...
by &&&December 30, 2012&&&
I couldn&#8217;t resist one more post to close out the year &#8212; this one a quick addition to New Year&#8217;s Eve nibbles to pair with bubbles, and it&#8217;s what I&#8217;m toting along tomorrow evening to a friend&#8217;s party. These irresistable, perfectly crispy/spicy/sweet candied walnuts are straight out of At Home with Michael Chiarello: Easy Entertaining &#8212;...
by &&&December 27, 2012&&&
Here&#8217;s a quick round-up of the various tasty bubbles I&#8217;ve been enjoying lately. Hopefully just in time for those of you are setting out to buy New Year&#8217;s Eve provisions! And if you&#8217;re looking for nibbles to go with, here are a few from the archives: blue cheese pecan crackers, caramelized onion and herb...
Page navigationPage 1 of 1271Reviews of the best wine coolers currently on the market.}

我要回帖

更多关于 t ara just now 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信