it's ( )good advise suggestthat( )of the twins wants to

As it’s relevant to yesterday’s discussion:
About a year ago Athena was wondering what she should read next, and wandered into my office to look at books. Since she was amenable to suggestion, I went ahead and offered her Starman Jones, which is one of my favorite of the Heinlein juveniles. She looked at it a bit skeptically (it was an old copy with typically 80s cover art), but she was willing to give it a try.
And she did — she read a few chapters, and then she put it aside and read something else. I asked her later why she abandoned the book, and she more or less shrugged and said it was okay but it really didn’t speak to her.
Which on one hand made me sad — big Heinlein fan here, and also a fan of that particular book — but on the other hand didn’t surprise me all that much. Athena reads a ton of books and almost all the books she reads have been published in the last decade. The good news is that books in the last decade have been pretty excellent (the occasionally 50 Shades sort of thing notwithstanding — which Athena read, unbeknownst to me, and found less than impressive), so she hasn’t suffered for a lack of good work to read.
The sad news for me, though, is that it means a lot of the books I loved when I was a kid, she doesn’t have much time for. It’s not just Starman Jones, to be clear. Over the years it’s also been the Dark is Rising series, A Wrinkle in Time, The Phantom Tollbooth and a whole other host of books I loved but she… didn’t. In their place were books by John Green, Scott Westerfeld, Suzanne Collins, Margaret Peterson Haddix, Neil Gaiman, and so on. All good books and authors… just not my books and authors. Which is, of course, fine. My daughter also has different music than I do, and different favorite movies and television, and we frequent different places online. It shouldn’t be entirely surprising that her tastes in books also moves away from my own.
It’s also to the point that culture is not static and that every generation wants their own music, books and movies. In the case of Starman Jones, the book was a little old-fashioned when I first got hold of it around 1980, 27 years after it was originally published. I gave it to my daughter to read sixty years after its publication date. Regardless of its charms as a book, that’s a steep uphill climb for any book. It’s not that the book can’t be gotten into. It’s just that nearly everything about it is several steps out of sync with my daughter’s world.
Do I see Athena ever reading Heinlein? It’s certainly possible, if she takes a special interest in science fiction and decides to work her way back from current authors. But I don’t really see him ever being one of her authors in the way he is one of my authors. And while extending out from a single example is always fraught with danger, I have to say I wouldn’t be surprised if Heinlein is today only very rarely a teen’s author like he was my author. I suspect that door is closing, if it’s not already closed entirely.
Well. We still have Shel Silverstein in common. I can work with that.
Taunting the tauntable since 1998
John Scalzi, proprietor
The Collapsing Empire: Book and Tour 2017!
The Collapsing Empire is out on March 21 at your favorite local bookstore and online retailer -- and I'm on tour in the US in March and April.
Whatever Days
March 2014
Whatarchives
Whatarchives
Select Month
April 2017
March 2017
February 2017
January 2017
December 2016
November 2016
October 2016
September 2016
August 2016
April 2016
March 2016
February 2016
January 2016
December 2015
November 2015
October 2015
September 2015
August 2015
April 2015
March 2015
February 2015
January 2015
December 2014
November 2014
October 2014
September 2014
August 2014
April 2014
March 2014
February 2014
January 2014
December 2013
November 2013
October 2013
September 2013
August 2013
April 2013
March 2013
February 2013
January 2013
December 2012
November 2012
October 2012
September 2012
August 2012
April 2012
March 2012
February 2012
January 2012
December 2011
November 2011
October 2011
September 2011
August 2011
April 2011
March 2011
February 2011
January 2011
December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010
December 2009
November 2009
October 2009
September 2009
August 2009
April 2009
March 2009
February 2009
January 2009
December 2008
November 2008
October 2008
September 2008
August 2008
April 2008
March 2008
February 2008
January 2008
December 2007
November 2007
October 2007
September 2007
April 2007
March 2007
February 2007
January 2007
December 2006
November 2006
October 2006
September 2006
August 2006
April 2006
March 2006
February 2006
January 2006
December 2005
November 2005
October 2005
September 2005
August 2005
April 2005
March 2005
February 2005
January 2005
December 2004
November 2004
October 2004
September 2004
August 2004
April 2004
March 2004
February 2004
January 2004
December 2003
November 2003
October 2003
September 2003
August 2003
April 2003
March 2003
February 2003
January 2003
December 2002
November 2002
October 2002
September 2002
August 2002
April 2002
March 2002
Administrivia
The Big Idea
What's the Big Idea? Authors explaining the the big ideas behind their latest works, in their own words.
Authors/Editors/Publicists: for information on how to participate, click
Whatever Just Happened
Random Whatever
-- and you'll be taken to a random Whatever entry in the archive. Which one will you get? Got me!
Scalzi Elsewhere on the Internet
Send to Email Address
Your Email Address
Post was not sent - check your email addresses!
Email check failed, please try again
Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.It’s fun to receive presents. It also feels good to give to others. So what’s the best way to budget(预算) your money, shop wisely and spend the least money if possible?Susan Beacham, from a company that teaches money-management skills to kids, gives us some good advice.“My first tip is to make a list and check it twice,” says Susan. She suggests that kids talk with their families about whom to include in their gift giving and how much to spend. Start by writing down names. Then put a dollar amount next to each name and add it up. Do you have enough money? If not, make changes. And don’t forget—not everyone needs a store-bought gift. Susan points out that some of the best presents are free. Add to your list the names of people you want to give gifts of “time and talent”.The best gifts don’t cost a thing. Kids can give “time or talent”, says Susan Beacham. Here are some of her top gift ideas.·For the elder members of your family, do something for them, such as cleaning houses and washing clothes.·For a friend, create a work of art, like a poem, a drawing or a necklace.·For teachers, write a note telling her how special she is to you.·For the people who live around you, show that you care by volunteering. Find out who needs your help and what you can do. Giving your time to help others may end up being the best gift of all!阅读以上信息,用恰当的词完成下面的短文,每空一词。It’s fun to receive and give presents. Shopping wisely can ____【小题1】 some money. Susan Beacham ____【小题2】 kids to make a list and check it first. And she also points out some best presents are the ones which are not____【小题3】 ____from shops. For parents, kids can do some ____【小题4】 ____as gifts. For teachers, kids can write a note telling them how special they are. For friends, kids can give them something they themselves create. For people ____【小题5】 around, kids can spend some time helping those in need which can be the best gift.
& Unit知识点 & “It’s fun to receive ...”习题详情
176位同学学习过此题,做题成功率85.7%
It’s fun to receive presents. It also feels good to give to others. So what’s the best way to budget(预算) your money, shop wisely and spend the least money if possible?Susan Beacham, from a company that teaches money-management skills to kids, gives us some good advice.“My first tip is to make a list and check it twice,” says Susan. She suggests that kids talk with their families about whom to include in their gift giving and how much to spend. Start by writing down names. Then put a dollar amount next to each name and add it up. Do you have enough money? If not, make changes. And don’t forget—not everyone needs a store-bought gift. Susan points out that some of the best presents are free. Add to your list the names of people you want to give gifts of “time and talent”.The best gifts don’t cost a thing. Kids can give “time or talent”, says Susan Beacham. Here are some of her top gift ideas.·For the elder members of your family, do something for them, such as cleaning houses and washing clothes.·For a friend, create a work of art, like a poem, a drawing or a necklace.·For teachers, write a note telling her how special she is to you.·For the people who live around you, show that you care by volunteering. Find out who needs your help and what you can do. Giving your time to help others may end up being the best gift of all!阅读以上信息,用恰当的词完成下面的短文,每空一词。It’s fun to receive and give presents. Shopping wisely can &&&&【小题1】 &some money. Susan Beacham &&&&【小题2】 &kids to make a list and check it first. And she also points out some best presents are the ones which are not&&&&【小题3】 &&&&&from shops. For parents, kids can do some &&&&【小题4】 &&&&&&as gifts. For teachers, kids can write a note telling them how special they are. For friends, kids can give them something they themselves create. For people &&&&【小题5】 &&around, kids can spend some time helping those in need which can be the best gift.save&
本题难度:一般
题型:解答题&|&来源:2014-江苏省镇江市中考网上阅卷答题卡模拟训练英语试卷
分析与解答
揭秘难题真相,上天天练!
习题“It’s fun to receive presents. It also feels good to give to others. So what’s the best way to budget(预算) ...”的分析与解答如下所示:
这篇文章主要介绍了Susan Beacham给孩子提的有关管理钱的技能:列出清单,核对再三;使用不花钱的礼物。她还给出了送礼物的一些建议。【小题1】推理判断题。句意:聪明地购物可以节约一些钱。文章给出的建议就是为了省钱,故用save。【小题2】细节理解题。句意:Susan Beacham建议孩子们列出清单并检查一下。这是她提出的建议,故用advises, advise sb to do建议某人做某事。【小题3】推理判断题。根据Susan points out that some of the best presents are free.句意:Susan指出有一些最好的礼物是免费的。也就是有一些最好的礼物不是从店里买的。被买用被动语态,故填bought。【小题4】细节理解题题。根据For the elder members of your family, do something for them, such as cleaning houses and washing clothes.句意:对于你家里的长辈,为他们做一些事情,比如打扫房子,洗衣服。由此可知,孩子可以为家长做家务。故填housework。【小题5】主旨大意题。For the people who live around you, show that you care by volunteering.句意:对于生活在你周围的人,你可以自觉地表示关心。故填living。生活是人主动发出来的,应用-ing形式。
找到答案了,赞一个
如发现试题中存在任何错误,请及时纠错告诉我们,谢谢你的支持!
It’s fun to receive presents. It also feels good to give to others. So what’s the best way to budget...
错误类型:
习题内容残缺不全
习题有文字标点错误
习题内容结构混乱
习题对应知识点不正确
分析解答残缺不全
分析解答有文字标点错误
分析解答结构混乱
习题类型错误
错误详情:
我的名号(最多30个字):
看完解答,记得给个难度评级哦!
还有不懂的地方?快去向名师提问吧!
找提分点,上天天练!
与“It’s fun to receive presents. It also feels good to give to others. So what’s the best way to budget(预算) ...”相似的题目:
动词填空:用括号内所给动词的适当形式填空,并将答案写在答题卡标有题号的横线处(本大题共8小题,每小题1分,共8分)【小题1】The old man exercises every day &&&&(improve) his health.【小题2】The firemen &&&&(control) the fire, so all of you are out of danger now.【小题3】The Great Wall as well as the Palace Museum &&&& (attract) lots of tourists from home and abroad every year.【小题4】Please stop talking, guys. I can’t hear what the youth worker &&&&(explain).【小题5】It was reported that the plane to Beijing &&&&&(fly) back to Tokyo by the time of 2:30 yesterday afternoon because of the rainstorm.【小题6】If Steve finishes the job in time, he &&&& (allow) to have a two-week off.【小题7】—Did you notice anybody enter the building just now?—Sorry, I &&&&(cut) down the tree in the garden.【小题8】The three boy students Miss White paid special attention to &&&&&(make) great progress at last.
What is your favorite color ? Do you like yellow orange, or red? If you do, you must be an active person who enjoys life. Do you like blue? Then you are probably quiet, shy, and would rather follow than lead.Colors do influence our moods(情绪) yellow room makes most people feel more cheerful and more relaxed t and& a red dress brings warmth and cheer to the saddest winter day. On the other hand ,black is depressing(使人压抑的). There was a black bridge over the Thames River, near London .The number of people who killed themselves on that bridge used to be larger than on any other bridge in the area until it was repainted green.Light and bright colors make people not only happier but also more active. In the factory the workers will better, harder and have fewer accidents when their machines are painted orange rather than black.【小题1】An active person may like&&&&A.yellow, orange, or redB.yellow, black. or red C.orange, blue ,or blackD.black, red or orange【小题2】Most people feel more &&&& in a yellow room than in a dark green oneA.tiredB.boredC.worriedD.relaxed【小题3】More people killed themselves on the black& bridge than on any other bridge probably because&&&&A.the bridge was very tallB.the bridge was too crowded C.people didn’t kike the bridgeD.The color of the bridge was depressing【小题4】In the factory when the machines are painted orange ,the workers will work&&&&A.worseB.harderC.more slowlyD.more angrily【小题5】Which could be the best title for the passage?A.Cheerful ColorsB.Your Favorite ColorC.The Secret of ColorD.the Color of a Bridge&&&&
—The twins are good at singing. —Yes, but I don’t think Lily sings as &&&& as Jane.goodwellbetterbest
“It’s fun to receive ...”的最新评论
该知识点好题
该知识点易错题
欢迎来到题库,查看习题“It’s fun to receive presents. It also feels good to give to others. So what’s the best way to budget(预算) your money, shop wisely and spend the least money if possible?Susan Beacham, from a company that teaches money-management skills to kids, gives us some good advice.“My first tip is to make a list and check it twice,” says Susan. She suggests that kids talk with their families about whom to include in their gift giving and how much to spend. Start by writing down names. Then put a dollar amount next to each name and add it up. Do you have enough money? If not, make changes. And don’t forget—not everyone needs a store-bought gift. Susan points out that some of the best presents are free. Add to your list the names of people you want to give gifts of “time and talent”.The best gifts don’t cost a thing. Kids can give “time or talent”, says Susan Beacham. Here are some of her top gift ideas.·For the elder members of your family, do something for them, such as cleaning houses and washing clothes.·For a friend, create a work of art, like a poem, a drawing or a necklace.·For teachers, write a note telling her how special she is to you.·For the people who live around you, show that you care by volunteering. Find out who needs your help and what you can do. Giving your time to help others may end up being the best gift of all!阅读以上信息,用恰当的词完成下面的短文,每空一词。It’s fun to receive and give presents. Shopping wisely can ____【小题1】 some money. Susan Beacham ____【小题2】 kids to make a list and check it first. And she also points out some best presents are the ones which are not____【小题3】 ____from shops. For parents, kids can do some ____【小题4】 ____as gifts. For teachers, kids can write a note telling them how special they are. For friends, kids can give them something they themselves create. For people ____【小题5】 around, kids can spend some time helping those in need which can be the best gift.”的答案、考点梳理,并查找与习题“It’s fun to receive presents. It also feels good to give to others. So what’s the best way to budget(预算) your money, shop wisely and spend the least money if possible?Susan Beacham, from a company that teaches money-management skills to kids, gives us some good advice.“My first tip is to make a list and check it twice,” says Susan. She suggests that kids talk with their families about whom to include in their gift giving and how much to spend. Start by writing down names. Then put a dollar amount next to each name and add it up. Do you have enough money? If not, make changes. And don’t forget—not everyone needs a store-bought gift. Susan points out that some of the best presents are free. Add to your list the names of people you want to give gifts of “time and talent”.The best gifts don’t cost a thing. Kids can give “time or talent”, says Susan Beacham. Here are some of her top gift ideas.·For the elder members of your family, do something for them, such as cleaning houses and washing clothes.·For a friend, create a work of art, like a poem, a drawing or a necklace.·For teachers, write a note telling her how special she is to you.·For the people who live around you, show that you care by volunteering. Find out who needs your help and what you can do. Giving your time to help others may end up being the best gift of all!阅读以上信息,用恰当的词完成下面的短文,每空一词。It’s fun to receive and give presents. Shopping wisely can ____【小题1】 some money. Susan Beacham ____【小题2】 kids to make a list and check it first. And she also points out some best presents are the ones which are not____【小题3】 ____from shops. For parents, kids can do some ____【小题4】 ____as gifts. For teachers, kids can write a note telling them how special they are. For friends, kids can give them something they themselves create. For people ____【小题5】 around, kids can spend some time helping those in need which can be the best gift.”相似的习题。学年湖北孝感高级中学高一上学期期中英语试卷(解析版)_满分5_满分网
当前位置: >
> 试卷信息
学年湖北孝感高级中学高一上学期期中英语试卷(解析版)
一、阅读理解
1. 难度:中等
Twelve-year-old twins Lily and Audrey Andrews are teaching kids how to cook in unusual ways with their creative recipes(食谱).Growing up in Northern California, the sisters have created their very first cookbook. Jack and Jill caught up with the girls to talk about food.Jack and Jill: How did you two become interested in cooking?Audrey: When we were younger, we watched cooking shows on the Food Network instead of cartoons. We were hooked and began doing anything we were allowed to do in the kitchen.JJ: Who taught you both how to cook?Lily: Our mom and dad taught us the basics, but when we were about 6 years old, we took cooking classes with one of our mom’s friends who is a cook. We have also taken adult classes at our local cooking school.JJ: Do you have a favorite dish you like to cook?A: In the winter, Lily and I love making hot soup. In the summer, we’re always coming up with new salads. We love cooking with friends and family, and one recipe that everyone can help us with is our Beef Stir Fry.JJ: For the eater who wants to start cooking and trying new foods, where do you suggest they begin?L: Start by adding new things to foods you already enjoy! Try to add a little curry(咖喱) to your favorite chicken dish. Start small, and slowly you’ll be open to trying tons of new things! 1.The underlined word “hooked” in Paragraph 3 is closest in meaning to “________”.A.worried
B.frightened
C.surprised
D.interested2.The twins began to learn to cook ________.A.from their parents B.from their mom’s friendC.when they went to schoolD.when they were 6 years old3.What dish do the twins like to cook the most?A.Hot soup.B.New salads.C.It is up to the season.D.It depends on their family.4.The twins advise the eater who wants to cook to ________.A.create lots of new thingsB.cook the chicken dish firstC.prepare well before cookingD.try something new little by little 
2. 难度:中等
 It’s not often a tomato is described as so sweet ‘whenever people see it they just want to hug it’—but this was no ordinary piece of fruit.The heart-shaped tomato was grown by the retired worker, Rod Matless, who said he was surprised when he noticed it in his field. Mr Matless, 69, who had a heart attack a few years ago, was so taken aback by the fruit that he decided to sell it and donate(捐赠) the money to the British Heart Foundation. The 64g tomato was bought for £16 on eBay by a woman from Wales—who said she planned to give it to someone special.Mr Matless, of Wymondham, near Norwich, said: ‘I spent a couple of days thinking about what to do with it and I wasn’t really sure, but this seems like a good use. I hope it will do someone somewhere a bit of good’. He added: ‘It’s very sweet—whenever people see it they just want to hug it.’ But with the tomato’s freshness a key factor(因素), Mr Matless was up against the clock to send it to its new owner before it went bad. He said: ‘I didn’t want to send someone something horrible(特别糟糕的). I probably could have raised a bit more money with more time but I was worried about it.’‘It will certainly make a nice present for a loved one. I hope that they like it and I’m glad I got to help. It’s all been very good fun and I’ve really enjoyed growing this very special tomato.’1.We can learn from the text that the tomato grown by Rod Matless ________.A.is very big
B.is very sweetC.is very special
D.is good for health2.The underlined part “taken aback by” in Paragraph 2 means ________.A.happy about
B.nervous aboutC.surprised by
D.frightened by3.According to the text, the main problem for Rod Matless was ______.A.how to advertise the tomatoB.how to keep the tomato freshC.how to get a good price for the tomatoD.how to find a good owner for the tomato4.What is the main purpose of the text?A.To advise people to eat tomatoes.B.To introduce a heart-shaped tomato.C.To encourage people to buy Rod Matless’s tomato.D.To describe a kind-hearted person—Rod Matless. 
3. 难度:中等
 Over the years, many cities and states have tried to put a tax(税) on sugary drinks. Last week, Berkeley, California succeeded. The city in northern California will charge a penny-per-ounce tax on most sugary drinks. The tax is expected to raise more than $1 million every year to fight against obesity(肥胖).Makers of sugary drinks are against the tax. They say picking out one product will not solve the obesity problem in America. They also argue that a tax is an attack on personal freedom. “Families should be able to make the choice for their kids without the government stepping in,” said Chris Gindlesperger, a spokesperson for the American Beverage Association(美国饮料协会).Gindlesperger says that the fight against obesity is more successful when the government partners with industry. He shows how the beverage industry worked with President Bill Clinton’s administration is the 1990s. They introduced water, milk, and fruit juice into a large number of schools, which took the place of sugary drinks. More recently, the beverage industry listened to First Lady Michelle Obama’s suggestion that labels(标签)on sugary drinks be clearer. Containers of up to 20 ounces will show the total calories on the front.Some people say a tax is a surefire way to help reduce obesity in the U.S. “There is clear evidence that taxes result in less consumption(消费) of sugary drinks,” says Dr. Rachel Johnson, a spokesperson for the American Heart Association. She points to Mexico as an example. The country put up a tax on sugary drinks in January, and sales have already dropped by 10%. What’s more, sales of healthier drinks have increased. Bottled water sales are up by 13%. Milk sales are up by 7%.Another purpose of the tax is to raise money to fight childhood obesity. Money will be used to build playgrounds, create educational materials, and increase the sales of the healthier foods. “We’ve already helped reduce obesity to some degree,” says Dr. Johnson. “I’m confident that we’re going to see even bigger progress soon.”1.In the 1990s, sugary drinks in many schools _________.A.were charged a penny-per-ounce taxB.were not as popular as they are todayC.were replaced by water, milk, and fruit juiceD.were not more than 20 ounces per bottle2.The underlined word “surefire” in Paragraph 4 can best be replaced by “_________”.A.good
C.strange
D.new3.Why does Johnson talk about Mexico?A.It is her favorite country.B.She likes Mexican sugary drinks.C.She tries to show a tax can help a lot.D.It produces all kinds of sugary drinks.4.What is the purpose of this text?A.To ask kids to drink fewer sugary drinks.B.To show how to fight childhood obesity.C.To talk about different taxes in Berkeley.D.To discuss if sugary drinks should be taxed. 
4. 难度:中等
 Lots of people like a good fright at Halloween(万圣节). Yet, the most frightening thing of all about the night is that twice as many children are killed while out and about on Halloween compared to any other day of the year, according to a study by Safe Kids Worldwide. It can also be a worrying time for others, especially elderly people living alone. But many people think it’s just harmless fun.But is it harmless fun?Police forces across Britain are giving warnings about Halloween night. They are asking all those wishing to celebrate Halloween this year to respect those who don’t want to join in.Some forces, like West Mercia Police, have produced “Sorry, No Trick or Treat”posters which can be downloaded from their website, and put up in windows. They want people to send them to the old or anyone who may be frightened by ghosts(鬼) knocking on their doors.A spokesman said: “Children should not call on houses where the posters are put up, neither should they call on strangers, as this can put young people at risk and also make some house owners anxious, especially those who are elderly or living alone.”The police want all trick or treaters to remember that disturbing other people or throwing objects at their homes or cars are all criminal offences(刑事罪). “What may start off as a bit of fun could end up with someone getting a criminal record,” they warn. “Parents may want to consider having a Halloween party at home, instead.”Kent Police are warning young people never to go into the home of someone they don’t know—and to remember not to frighten people.Warwickshire Police are also warning that tricks may seem like harmless fun but can cause trouble to others. They say behaviour such as throwing eggs can quickly cross the line between being anti-social and causing criminal damage. This can result in fines of £2,500 for small offences.1.The study made by Safe kids Worldwide has found that _________.A.kids are afraid of HalloweenB.Halloween brings people no funC.kids are involved in criminal offencesD.Halloween night puts some kids at risk2.British police forces are making efforts to _________.A.put an end to trick or treatB.control anti-social behavioursC.punish those who frighten othersD.make Halloween safe trouble-free3.“Sorry, No Trick or Treat ” posters are designed to _________.A.ask people to respect the elderly.B.make some people free from harmC.warn little kids to behave themselvesD.express disagreement with Halloween 
二、七选五
5. 难度:中等
根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。Climbing blindlyMount Everest is the highest mountain in the world. 1.
Asia is home to all five of the world’s highest mountains. Mount Everest’s peak(山峰) is five and one-half miles above sea level. That is very high!Many climbers have tried to climb to the peak of Mount Everest.
Since then, about 900 people have survived the climb to Mount Everest’s top.One of the most successful climbers is Erik Weihenmayer. Like all who try to climb this huge mountain, Erik faced strong winds, snow, and avalanches(雪崩).
After losing his sight at age 13, Erik began climbing at age 16. He has climbed the tallest mountains on five continents. Erik became the first blind person to reach the peak of Mount Everest.At the age of 32, Erik began his climb as part of a 19-member team.
By using them, fellow climbers could quickly warn him of such things as a big drop on the right or a big stone to the left.5.
He struggled through 100 m.p.h. winds and sliding masses of snow, ice, and rock. Because the air became thinner the higher Erik climbed, he wore an oxygen mask, as do many who climb high mountains. It took Erik about two and a half months to reach the top of this huge mountain.A.This mountain is located in Asia.B.During his climb, Erik faced many dangers.C.Everest is believed to be more than 60 million years old.D.His team wore bells that he could follow during his climb.E.Erik used long climbing poles to feel his way on the mountain.F.However, what really made Erik’s climb unbelievable is the fact that he is blind.G.The first people to reach the peak were Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay. 
三、完形填空
6. 难度:中等
完形填空阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。On one of those perfectly sunny grandma-babysitting days, we set off to play in a nearby park. Kids were
the merry-go-round(旋转木马) and the swings. But what
my four-year-old grandson was the tennis court(球场).Two kids were riding their bikes in and out of the lines on the newly finished
. Their parents sat on a bench just inside the gated entrance. The kids laughed as they
one another.A sign was clearly posted on the entrance—No
Allowed.Just beginning his reading lesson, my grandson
knew the word “No”. He asked me what
came next. I told him that the
asked people not to ride bikes on the tennis court. He was just four years old,
he could clearly see two kids riding their
bikes where they shouldn’t be
.We watched for a little while and then he reached up to
the gate. I thought that he wanted to watch the kids more clearly.
, he walked straight over to the couple and asked if they________ what the sign said. Oh, what a
four-year-old!The man gave me an unfriendly look and then said
that it didn’t matter.I led my grandson away from the tennis court and told him that sometimes people don’t like ________ rules.By now, those kids are probably in middle school. What they ________
on that tennis court could be impacting(影响) their lives today. I wonder whether those parents will ________
if their kids think that some rules don’t matter.
speed limits when they drive, or cheating on a test? Sometimes it’s the
things that matter the most.1.A.enjoying
B.choosing
C.drawing
D.passing2.A.surprised
C.attracted
D.worried3.A.road
C.playground
D.court4.A.helped
C.greeted
D.raced5.A.Tourists
C.Children
D.Bicycles6.A.never
B.already
D.sometimes7.A.games
B.lessons
D.toys8.A.family
C.manager
D.notice9.A.but
B.because
D.so10.A.repaired
B.offered
C.refused
D.allowed11.A.close
D.paint12.A.Once
B.Instead
D.Besides13.A.knew
D.doubted14.A.simple
D.busy15.A.coldly
B.happily
D.kindly16.A.making
B.changing
C.following
D.breaking17.A.lost
C.learned
D.found18.A.care
D.remember19.A.Because of
B.How about
C.Just for
D.According to20.A.free
D.real 
四、语法填空
7. 难度:中等
语法填空Janine:
Hi, Nicholas, how was your class today?Nicholas: Not bad, but I have this student, 1.____(name) Bill, who just refuses to do group work.Janine: Do you know why?Nicholas: In my view, he thinks he’s 2.__ smart to be there. According3._ his parents, he has an IQ of 170, and finds school 4._ (bore).Janine: Did you tell them5.___ (have) a high IQ doesn’t guarantee(保证) success? I mean, if he has no social skills he’s not going to get far in life.Nicholas: I tried to, but I didn’t really know6.__ to say.Janine: If I were you, I’d tell them EQ is just as important 7.__ IQ. Students with a high EQ often get 8.__ (far) in life, because they’re open-minded and like communicating. These are the skills9.__ are going to guarantee success outside the classroom. If a student can’t communicate, he’ll never get 10.__ job! Social skills are so important today.Nicholas: That’s true. Thanks a lot. I’ll try and talk to his parents again. 
Copyright @
满分5 学习网 . All Rights Reserved.}

我要回帖

更多关于 advise的用法 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信