超级重要的,总是压轴登场。
满分大本营,赶快去报名。
我的课前预习好帮手。
每日必签,证明我才是魔方格元老。
变身VIP会员的免费必经之路。
竟然还奖这个?太稀奇了!
真实的我,一定会更受欢迎。
圣魔导师成长秘笈,必看的!
北京云学时代科技有限公司管理团队于2008年初组建,于2013年6月正式开始企业化运营,一直致力于新型互联网教育模型的构建, 以及云计算的研究与实践。在K12领域,魔方格已经有了非常强大的知名度,并一直在教育行业起着潜移默化的影响!
作为中国最优秀的小学生学习网、中学生学习网和英语学习网站,魔方格学习社区提供中小学数化地等九大学科的、作文、试题以及相关教育服务。同时,可爱的宠物小精灵与同学们每日相伴,让同步学习不再枯燥;
帮助同学们互动交流、分享知识、收获快乐,让大家在轻松、愉悦的学习氛围中快乐成长!
电话:400-629-8220
商务合作:
六一儿童网
提示:滚动鼠标滚轮,即可实现左右横拉哦2014学年第二学期九年级模拟测试英语试卷与答案_英语_萌芽学习网
&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
2014学年第二学期九年级模拟测试英语试卷与答案
&&&热&&&&&★★★
2014学年第二学期九年级模拟测试英语试卷与答案
作者:佚名
文章来源:
更新时间: 19:44:47
一、单项选择(共15小题;每小题l分,计15分)
在下列各题A、B、C、D四个选项中选择一个能填入题干空白处的最佳答案。
( ) 1. Late in the afternoon,they arrived at _____ small village ____ north of the West Hill.
A.the;the B.a;/ C.a;the D.the;a
( ) 2. ―Do you think John will help me move the piano?
―You’d better not ask him. He _____ a composition.
A. was writing B. writes C. is writing D. wrote
( ) 3. ―Bill, be careful with those coffee cups.―Don't worry. I break them.A.can't B.won't C.shouldn't D.needn't
( ) 4. What a good ______ you’ve offered me! Thanks a lot!
A. informationB. newsC. suggestionD. advice
( ) 5.―Excuse me, how can I get to the theatre?
―Walk ______ the white tall building, turn right and you’ll see it.
A. pastB. alongC. acrossD. through
( ) 6. Of the four students, Sandy made the ______ mistakes in this exam. So he got the highest mark.
A. fewest B. least C. fewer D. less
( ) 7. ―Your father will go to Shanghai for a meeting. _____ will he be away?
―For three days.
A. How soon B. How long C. How far D. How often
( ) 8. ―My printer doesn’t work now.
―Oh, it works only if it ______ the computer properly.
A. connects to B. is connected to C. connectsD. is connected
( ) 9. ______ your mum to prepare such cool orange juice for us after playing basketball.
A. It is clever forB. This is generous for
C. This is kind ofD. It is thoughtful of
( ) 10. Jim’s parents are animal lovers. So he _________ with several little animals at home and he knows well how to take care of pets.
A. grew upB. woke upC. looked upD. got up
( ) 11. In such a frightening situation she had no one to , so she felt very hopeless .
A. turn over B. turn down C. turn off D. turn to
( ) 12.Jay Chou didn’t use to sing the words , so lots of people couldn’t catch him.
A. enough clear B. clear enough C. enough clearly D. clearly enough
( )13. ― How long have you __________ this book?
― For a week. I often read it before going to bed.
A. borrowed B. gotC. keptD. bought
( )14.― If it tomorrow, we’ll stay at home.
― It would be boring.
A. rains B. rained C. will rain D. is raining
( )15. ― I love the Internet. I’ve made many friends on the Net.
― ______. Few of them are your real friends.A. That’s for sure B. I’m pleased to know thatC. I couldn’t agree more D. That’s not the case
二、完形填空(共15小题;每小题1分,计15分)
阅读下列短文,从文后各题所给的四个选项中选出一个最佳答案 。
It was the golden season. I could see the yellow leaves 16 on the cool wind. In such a season, I liked walking alone in the leaves, listening to the 17 of them.
Autumn is a harvest season and life is uninteresting. The free days always get me 18 . But one day, the sound of a violin 19 into my ears like water flowing in the mountains. I was so surprised that I jumped to see what it was. A young girl, standing in the wind, was 20 in playing her violin.
Lost in the music, I didn't know that I had been standing there for so long 21 my existence (存在) did not seem to disturb her. Leaves were still falling. Every day she played the violin in the corner of the building 22 I went downstairs to watch her performance. I was the only audience. The autumn seemed no longer lonely and life became 23 . Though we didn’t know each other, I thought we were 24 good friends. I believed she also liked me.
Autumn was nearly over. One day, when I was listening devotedly, the sound suddenly 25 . To my surprise, the girl came over to me.
“You must like violin,” she said.
“Yes. And you play very well. Why did you stop?” I asked.
Suddenly, a 26 expression appeared on her face and I could feel something unusual.
“I came here to see my grandmother, but now I must leave. I once played very badly. It was your listening every day that 27 me, ” she said.
“In fact, it was your playing 28 gave me a meaningful autumn.” I answered.
“Let us be friends.”
The girl smiled and I smiled too.
I never heard her play again in my life. I no longer went downstairs to listen like before. Only thick leaves were left behind. She is like a shooting 29 which gives off much light, making the autumn beautiful. I shall always recall (回忆) the autumn and the girl with the 30 .
( )16.A.shakingB.hangingC.fallingD.floating
( )17. A.screamB.voiceC.noiseD.sound
( )18. A. up B. off C. down D. over
( )19.A.flowedB.grewC.enteredD.ran
( )20.A.activeB.lostC.busyD.interested
( )21. A. but B. however C. even D. though
( )22. A. because B. so C. when D. but
( )23.A . interestingB.movingC.encouragingD.exciting
( )24. A. once B. never C. often D. already
( )25. A. began B. stopped C. gone D. changed
( )26.A.happyB.sadC.strangeD.surprised
( )27.A.surprisedB.excitedC.encouragedD.interested
( )28.A.thatB.whichC.itD.who
( )29.A.songB.dreamC.starD.wind
( )30.A.soundB.songC.playD.violin
三、阅读理解(共15小题;每小题2分,计30分)
阅读下列短文,根据短文内容,从每小题所给的四个选项中选出一个最佳答案。
Have you ever been to London? Here is some hotel information for you.
Kingsway Hall Hotel
We offer quality service in Kingsway Hall Hotel. This location puts guests in easy reach of many places, like the British Museum. Our hotel also has modern Western food, and offers a perfect dining environment. The lounge bar is a comfortable place to enjoy a drink while watching the tourists. There are hundreds of dining choices within walking distance. Non-smoking rooms are ready for guests.
Hilton Docklands Riverside
Located on the bank of the Thames, our hotel is about two miles east of Tower Bridge and 36 miles from London Heathrow Airport. Our hotel has a beauty salon, a flower shop and a swimming pool. The hotel also offers laundry (洗衣店) services, babysitting, shining shoes, and local area transportation.
Windermere Hotel
Located in the center of London, our hotel puts guests within easy reach of London’s well-known buildings. Buckingham Palace and the Royal Parks are just a short walk away. Within 1.5 miles you can visit Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament. The theatres and Harrods shopping centre are only a short walk away or a taxi ride away.
( )31. What does Kingsway Hall Hotel provide for its guests?
A. Hundreds of dining choices. B. A swimming pool.
C. Smoking rooms. D. A comfortable drinking place.
( )32. What is special about Hilton Docklands Riverside?
A. It offers different kinds of service.
B. It puts guests in easy reach of Buckingham Palace.
C. It offers free laundry services.
D. It has a perfect dining environment.
( )33. This passage is most likely to be found in ______.
A. a science fiction B. a story book
C. a travel guide D. a geography magazine
One day an old woman was traveling alone in the mountains. Suddenly she saw something shining in the stream. When she came close, she found it was a precious stone. She put the stone into her bag and went on with her trip.
The next day the old woman met a young man, who was also a traveler in the mountains. The young man looked very hungry, so the old woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked carefully, “The stone is beautiful. Would you like to give it to me?”“Sure. Why not?” the woman said, and handed the stone to him.The young man left happily with the stone. He knew it was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime. But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the woman.“I’ve been thinking,” he said. “I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back and hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within your bag.”The woman opened her bag. It was almost empty. She looked at the young man and smiled, “I have nothing special in my bag, but I do have something precious ― the joy of giving!”
The young man felt ashamed and left silently.( )34. How did the young man find the precious stone?A. He found it in his food. B. He dug it out in a valley.C. He saw it in the woman’s bag. D. He noticed it shining in the stream.( )35. What does the underlined word “precious” in Paragraph 1 probably mean?A. Valuable. B. worthless. C. Useful. D. Helpful.
( )36. The man returned the stone to the woman because ______.A. he found the stone was not preciousB. he understood the real meaning of joyC. he felt sorry for taking away the stoneD. he wanted to get something even more precious
( )37. Which of the following would be the best title of the passage?A. A special stone B. The joy of giving
C. A woman and a young man D. An experience in the mountains
Parents should stop blaming themselves because there’s not a lot they can do about it. I mean the teenager problem. Whatever you do or however you choose to deal with it, at certain times a wonderful, reasonable and helpful child will turn into a terrible animal.
I’ve seen friends deal with it in all kinds of different ways. One strict mother insisted that her son, right from a child, should stand up whenever anyone entered the room, open doors and shake hands like a gentleman. I saw him last week when I called round. Sprawling himself (懒散地躺) on the sofa in full length, he made no attempt to turn off the loud TV he was watching as I walked in, and his greeting was no more than a quick glance(一瞥) at me. His mother was ashamed. “I don't know what to do with him these days,” she said. “He's forgotten all the manners we taught him.”
He hasn’t forgotten them. He’s just decided that he’s not going to use them. She confessed (坦白) that she would like to come up behind him and throw him down from the sofa onto the floor.
Another good friend of mine let her two daughters climb all over the furniture, reach across the table, stare at me and say, “I don ’ it’s ugly.” One of the daughters has recently been driven out of school. The other has left home.
“Where did we go wrong?” her parents are now very sad. Probably nowhere much. At least, no more than the rest of that unfortunate race, parents.
( )38.The underlined word “it” in the second paragraph refers to ______.
A. the advice that parents want their children to follow
B. the way that parents often blame themselves
C. the opinion that a child has of his parents
D. the change from good to bad that’s seen in a child
( )39. The boy on the sofa would most probably be described as ______.
A. busy B. rude C. unusual D. quiet
( )40. From the second example we can infer that the parents of the two daughters ______.
A. pay no attention to them B. are too busy to look after them
C. have come to hate them D. feel helpless to do much about them
( )41.What is the writer’s opinion about the sudden change in teenage children?A. Parents have no choice but to try to accept it.B. Parents should pay still more attention to the change.C. Parents should work more closely with school teachers.D. Parents are to blame for the change in their children.
YOU may have learned that tipping(给小费) is expected in some Western countries, but just how to do it correctly can be a bit confusing. In fact, incorrect tipping is the No 1 most common mistake travelers make. One well-known joke reflects this.
The joke goes that four people were travelling together. They were sitting around a table in a restaurant in US. How much do you think each of them tipped?
The man from the UK asked, “It is customary to tip 10 percent in US, right? ” The woman from the France answered, “No way! I’m not leaving10 percent! The service was so terrible. ”The man from China asked, “What’s a tip?” And the woman from the US cried, “Whoa, I am planning to tip 20 percent!”
Americans think it is the most natural thing in the world to pay for a service. Here are some comments on US tipping etiquette (礼节).
Mark Styles, Ohio, US
As the mother of a one-time server (who was paid $2.35/hr by the restaurant), I think tipping is just sharing a bit. Some of these servers are working their way through grad(毕业)school. Others are trying to put food on the table for their kids.
Dana, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
I felt strange in south-east Asia not tipping, it felt like saying to someone that I didn't really value their time or work. Then again, they probably all got paid enough to live on their wages alone. That simply is not true for a large part of service jobs in the US.
Here are a few tips for tipping while you are travelling in the US. First, take a look at the chart below.
Also, remember that your behavior is more important than your money. Always treat service providers with respect.
( )42. “I walked away from dinner, paying for food and tipping 20%. The waitress ran after me, thinking I left the money by accident. ” This story probably happened in ________.
A. France B. America C. UK D. south-east Asian countries
( )43. You stay in a hotel in America for five nights. How much should you tip the hotel housekeeper ?
A . $ 8 at most B . $2.5 at least
C . $ 25 is surely enough. D. Tipping is unnecessary.
( )44 . Which of the following sentences about tipping in US is Wrong ?
A. Mark from Ohio thinks tipping means valuing the time or work of service providers.
B. People working in service industries in US often get poorly paid.
C. If you tip a waitress 10%, it shows that you are not pleased with her service.
D. Waiters or waitresses and taxi drivers usually get larger tips than washroom attendants.
( )45. The best title for this passage is ________.
A. Are you Tipping Correctly and Properly? B. How Much to Tip ?
C. Comments on US Tipping Etiquette D. Who gets a tip?
四、词汇运用 (共l0小题;每小题l分,计l0分)
根据句子意思,用括号中所给汉语提示或英语单词的适当形式填空。(每空一词)
46. There are mornings when getting out of bed is the _____(困难的) thing you will do all day.
47. ---Why not _____ (邀请) Jane to the party?---No way! She is a wet blanket.
48. What is actually happening is _____ (超过)our wildest guesses.
49. If you want to lose _______(重量), you’d better eat less meat and practice more.
50. He said he would spend 25 hours _____ (准备) each new lecture.
51. I have never m I _____(simple)know them by sight .
52. My son likes taking some _____ (energy) exercise at weekend.
53. The house stands by _____(it) outside the village.
54. Armstrong _____(succeed) brought the spacecraft down into the western Pacific Ocean.
55. A teacher should not be _____ ( patient) with slow learners.
五、任务型阅读(共l0空;每空l分,计l0分)
阅读下列短文,根据短文中的信息完成文后表格。在答题卡标有题号的横线上,写出空缺处所填单词的正确形式。(每空一词)
Yangzhou paper-cutting, with a history of over 2,500 years, can be dated back to the Sui Dynasty, making Yangzhou one of the places where paper-cutting first became popular.
In the Sui Dynasty, the people of Yangzhou were used to cutting colorful paper or silks to celebrate festivals. The story goes that during the Sui Dynasty Emperor Yang came to Yangzhou three times. In winter, the flowers and trees in the garden withered. The Emperor ordered the young ladies to cut fine silks into flowers and leaves and use them to decorate(装饰) the trees and pools. Since then, “colorful cutting” has been a popular decoration art in Yangzhou.
In the Tang Dynasty, the paper-making industry was highly developed and a large amount of high-quality paper was made. This helped the development of the paper-cutting art. At that time, the people of Yangzhou had the custom of welcoming spring with paper-cutting: on the day of Spring Beginning, people would cut paper into beautiful patterns of flowers, insects, coins and so on.
In the Qing Dynasty, thanks to economic prosperity(经济繁荣), the people of Yangzhou became interested in wearing fine clothing, particularly embroidered(刺绣的) clothing. The embroidery patterns were based on paper-cutting. Many people made their living by the art of paper-cutting.
After the founding of PRC, Chinese government realized the importance of paper-cutting. In 2007, China Paper-cuts Museum opened to the public in Yangzhou, greatly improving Yangzhou paper-cutting industry.
Yangzhou paper-cutting---its 56 and development
Sui Dynasty
Yangzhou paper-cutting first became popular.
“ 57 cutting” turned popular decoration art in Yangzhou.
It was a 58 practice to cut colorful paper or silks to celebrate festivals.
Emperor Yang enjoyed having the trees and pools decorated with flowers and leaves made of fine 59 .
Tang Dynasty
High-quality paper led to the 60 of the paper-cutting art.
People in Yangzhou preferred to 61 spring with paper-cutting.
Qing Dynasty
Many people 62 on the art of paper-cutting because of the great
63 of embroidered clothing.
China Paper-cuts Museum has been 64 to the public in Yangzhou since 2007.
Yangzhou paper-cutting industry is 65 greatly.
六、缺词填空(共10空;每空l分,计l0分)
根据短文内容和首字母提示,在下文空格处填入适当的词使短文完整。在答题卡标有题号的横线上,写出空缺处各单词的正确形式。(每空一词)
Dear Disney,
Last weekend, the four members of my family spent an enjoyable holiday at the Magic Kingdom - Disneyland. And one event made our visit seem t 66 magical.
We got to the front of the line at Space Mountain, only to find out that our little daughter Gloria couldn't take her ice-cream on the ride. We were so excited that we all forgot ice-cream was not a 67 on the ride.
Gloria broke into tears and we all had no idea what to do. Then Murphy, one of the staff(员工) members, came over. S 68 bent down and told Gloria that she would hold the ice-cream for her and give it to her when she finished the ride. Gloria said, "Can you p 69 me?" Then she gave Murphy her ice-cream, and she completely enjoyed the r 70 .
Sure enough, as we walked out the exit, there was Gloria's new friend with "her" ice-cream. Now you and I b 71 know what happened, because we know that an ice-cream won't l 72 twenty minutes on a summer afternoon in Florida. Murphy knew what time we wo she went to the nearest shop and b 73 a brand-new ice-cream thirty seconds before we walked out the exit. Gloria said, "Thank you," but I'm sure she thought it was the s 74 ice-cream.
We know that someone tried hard to make our v 75 special. Thanks so much for going above and beyond!
Carmen Rivera
66. t_______ 67. a_______ 68. S_______ 69. p_______ 70. r_______
71. b_______ 72. l_______ 73. b_______ 74. s_______ 75. v_______
中考录入:admin&&&&责任编辑:admin&
上一篇中考: 下一篇中考:
【字体: 】【】【】【】【】【】
  网友评论:(只显示最新10条。评论内容只代表网友观点,与本站立场无关!)您现在的位置: &
初二年级上学期期末英语模拟试题答案(2)
来源:中考网整理&&&&作者:紫涵&&&& 11:25:32
2016深圳各区中考录取分数线
2015深圳各区中考录取分数线
欢迎使用手机、平板等移动设备访问深圳中考网,2016中考一路陪伴同行!