may it be中文歌词be a promise or a joke

Q 1/1/13, Rodney wrote:
I am the son of Billy and Mary Zetta Ramey.
I also grew up on the right fork of beaver creek.
I have been in Lexington, KY since '96.
I remember Clifford and Ann very well.
Your Dad was a hoot.
as far as genealogy goes, my Grandma Ramey (Edna) had done extensive research on our families.
I joke that she took us back to Moses, LOL.
I'm not sure what happened to all her paperwork but I think my Aunt Vada may have it or at least know where it may be.
I talk to her son Donnie a couple days a week. I'll ask him if she has it and see if I can get you two in contact with each other.
If you have any questions please drop me a line.
Rodney Ramey
A 1/1/13, by Rexie:
Thanks Rodney!
I got most of Bill Ramey's info a few years ago, he has it all in book form.
Q 7/5/10, Tori wrote:
I see that Mr.&Devil John& or &Bad John& Wright is your distant relative of yours. I've recently began my own genealogy project of my own and have found that he is my Great Great Grandfather.
I just found this to be interesting and was excited to find a distant relative of my own, I suppose.
Sincerely, Tori
Q 1/2/10, Clarissa wrote:
Rich, Trying to contact Rexanna Carlson, look all over her craft home page and can't seem to find a email address. Found this link and your her husband?
Rexie & I seem to be related, I saw the pictures of George Washington Wright & Harriet Addington on her genealogy page. I am their granddaughter. My grandmother was Clarissa Wright, married John Gross.
My name is also Clarissa (I was named after my grandmother).
Could you please pass this info on to her?
A 1/2/10, by Rexie:
Hi Clarissa!
My father was Clifford Wright (), his father was Aldon (), his father was Thomas Benton Wright (). Thomas' parents were George Washington Wright () and Harriet Addington Wright ().
This makes George Washington Wright and Harriet my Great-Great-Grandparents.
So I guess were are some sort of cousins...
My email address is there, but I don't put a direct link to help reduce spam.
You should get a copy of the &The Wrights and related families& by Nell Wright Blumen, 3930 NE Eleventh Street, Ocala FL 34470 ()
Q 1/2/10, Clarissa wrote:
Hi Rexie, nice to met you! Your g-grand father was Thomas Benton Wright (George & Harriet Wright second born). My grandmother was the youngest sister Clarissa, so her and Thomas where brother and sister.
You must be younger then me? I'm 53, of course Clarissa was married before my granddad and had two boys. Seems Thomas and son squeeze in a extra generation :) of course Clarissa was a little older with her second family. My Mom Jacqueline was born in 1927, died 1999.
Do you have anymore photo's? Info? Sure you have seen this but just in case:
I really don't know much about the family other then what I have read. My grandfather was so mean to my mother she ran away when she was young and pretty much never saw them again. She always missed her mom through.
You live in Ohio?
We live in the eastern panhandle of WV!
Oh trying to do the math&Thomas Benton Wright was born around 1880? Clarissa was born 2-28-1904, so he was 24-26 yrs old when she was born and had a son just 3 yrs. after she was born. That would explain the time fame. Happened in my Dad family to, he was the 13th child and his older sister had a baby by time he was born when his Mother was 47.
A 1/2/10, by Rexie:
Thomas Benton Wright was born August 8, 1878 and died February 5, 1950.
I am 51, I will be 52 in a few weeks. We live near Chicago, I was born in Elkhorn City (Actually Pikeville Hospital, but our family lived in Elkhorn...)
Some generations overlapped so even though we are the same age you could be a generation ahead.
Q 11/21/09, Cara wrote:
My mother's maiden name is Wright, and since she has be struck with early onset Alzheimer I m taking over trying to flesh out our family history. I found your side through a google search. I m gathering that there may be a connection. My Grandfather was Noah Wright he was the son of Allison Wright, which was a brother to Bad John s father Joel M Wright. Who was the son of Joel E. Wright. The middle name was Eldon which has been pasted down in my family. All the info I have was complied by a cousin by the name of Douglas W Wright from Neon Ky. He didn’t have much on my family, since there was fight or something. so any info you can point my way would be greatly appreciated. I can also give you what little bit I have since we do have some notes about some of the people that married in to the Wright Clan Thank you, Cara
A 11/21/09, by Rexie:
I talked to my Aunt Mary, she referred me to a book of the Wright Family called &The Wrights and allied families&, by Neil Wright Blumel. I have this book but forgot I had it.
She could not find a Noah or Allison listed in there, neither could I. While the book is exhaustive, there is no Master Index, so it is possible that there is a mention someplace.
I would suggest that you contact Nell and obtain a copy of the book, it is by far the most authoritative resource on the Wright family. If your family is related to ours I would expect it to be part of this reference.
A 11/22/09, Cara wrote:
Thank you I appreciate this. I m going by the hand written book that my mom received at at Family get reunion in Kentucky about 16 years or so ago. We didn't even know about that side of our family till then. There was something about a fight between my grandfather, Noah, and the rest of the family. They only had one of his brothers that visited the family at all. I only met him once, and it was when I was a young child. If you want I could make copies of what I have to see if they match anything you and your aunt have. The info I have seems to have a lot to do with the Flemmings, Huston/Houston, Mullins, and Colliers along with the Wrights. I will see if I can get a hold of a copy of the book you mentioned. I know at one time there was someone that said some of the New York cousins (?) had also written a book about Bad John and the rest of the family. Thank you again for your help, Cara
A 11/22/09, by Rexie:
I will forward what you can send me to my Aunt and to Nell so they can include it in the family information. Perhaps they can find the missing link!
Q 6/9/09, Bob wrote:
Rexie, I've been looking at the genealogy portion of your web page and see that you are the grand-daughter of Rex and Tiny Ramey. Which of their daughters is your mom? I was raised on the left fork of Beaver and knew most everyone there at one time. However, I left there in 1956 so my memory sometimes fades.
I went to school on Beaver with Ruby, Anna Christine, Doris Ray, and knew Mack but he was considerably younger than me. My first grade teacher was Bessie Ramey who was married to Bill's brother, Ralph. Ralph and Bessie ran the PO at Elkhorn in the years that Bill was a teenager.
I don't know much of anything about Loretta Lynn or Patty Loveless except that Patty once lived at the mouth of a creek north of Elkhorn just before Belcher Hill. The swinging bridge was just over Belcher Hill and down the road from where she lived. Johnny and Pat Belcher would have been her neighbor. Their son was/is Blake.
A 6/9/09, by Rexie:
My Mom was Ann Ramey (Wright), she rests now in the Ramey cemetery on the right Fork of Beaver Creek, above Bill Rameys home.
Patty Ramey (Loveless) lived about 4 or 5 houses in on Beaver from the coal tipple, I think it is the one right past the video store. I didn't know her, but Uncle Bill told me so I know it to be true! I understand that they moved around a lot those days.
At Loretta's home place near Van Lear her brother still tends to the house. The family general store is closer to town, you stop in there to make arrangements to see the house and he will meet you there. For $5.00 he lets you tour the whole place and will regale you with stories. When we were there he told us he knew Bill Ramey (Who doesn't?!).
My name (Rexanna) comes from Grandpa Rex and my Mom.
I haven't been back for a while, but I might try to make the Ramey Reunion this Labor Day.
Thanks for the note!
Q 12/29/07, Kevin wrote:
Hi Rexanna,
Thanks for the quick reply. Isn't it strange that the connection for Patty is so hard to figure out. My father did a lot of searching over the years before he died in 95. He and his cousin Kathleen Ramey, she was the daughter of Christian ( Jennings) Ramey, went to Pikeville and Elkhorn city digging through libraries and county records off and on for years and I've gone over pages and pages of material and I cant find it either! Bill doesn't know of her roots? If he did I'm sure you would know as well. I've never been to Butcher Holler but I will sometime soon I'm sure. I live in Cincinnati but was raised in a small town in south central Ohio called Washington Court House. My father was transferred there in 1951, He worked for Armco steel in Ashland KY. I don't mean to ramble on and I promise not to harass you with meaningless emails. If you find out any more information on anything pertaining to Ramey heritage that might sound interesting shoot me an email if you would please.
Thanks, Rexanna
Kevin Ramey
A 12/29/07, by Rexie:
I think part of it is Patty's desire for privacy. I have emailed her once or twice thru her web site and have not had a response. I had asked Uncle Bill before but he didn't know for sure, he thought there was a tie-in but it was pretty tenuous.
If you are in Cincy then a ride to Butcher Holler is a short one. Just take the Mountain Parkway west from Lexington, get on 460 east at Saylersville, and then US-23 south to KY-1828. Take KY-302 south to town. The old school there is now a museum. As you go up to Butcher Holler there is a little general store about halfway up, it is pretty much a Loretta Lynn gift shop these days, owned by her family. You can make an appointment to see the old house there. Her brother charges $5.00 a person to tour the place, it is worth the trip.
The movie was filmed at Hurricane Mills, near Loretta's current home. They built a replica of the house there that you can also tour. They also filmed much of the town shots there, like the store and mine.
Q 12/26/07, Kevin wrote:
Hello Rexanna,
My name is Kevin Ramey. My father was Hargis Ramey and his father was Jonnie Ramey the son of George Washington Ramey. Just a quick description of who I am and where I come from. If I'm correct your mother had a brother named William or Bill for short? If so I met him at the 2006 reunion at Elkhorn City, on the hill at the cemetery the day before as well. I enjoyed every minute we talked so much!!! I hope I'm right about your connection, if I'm not this really sounds stupid Huh!! Anyway my main question for you if you dont mind giving me some of your time. You said you were born in the same Holler as Patty Loveless Ramey, I don't know who her parents were? I know her father was a John Ramey but I cant find the connection on my side of the Ramey tree. My father always said we were related to Loretta Lynn and Crystal Gayle, I dont know??? Loretta's mother was Claire Marie Ramey and her fathers name was Nathaniel Ramey of which I cannot find as well. If you know the connection of Patty Loveless and her parents could you email me and educate me some more on these people please?
Thank you,
Kevin Ramey
A 12/27/07, by Rexie:
Both Patty Ramey and my family grew up in Beaver Creek, on the west side of Elkhorn City. Patty Ramey lived near the mouth of the holler, close to Route 80 while my family lived deeper in on the right fork.
Uncle Bill Ramey runs most of the Ramey Reunion events and also tends to the Ramey Cemetery behind his house on the Right Fork of Beaver. He also sees to the Ramey and related families graves in the City Cemetery near the baseball park. He was the Postmaster for many years in Elkhorn.
I have been trying to find my relationship to Patty's part of the family but it is tough. My Mom's father was Rex Ramey, Bill's brother. I think Patty's father was a cousin to that generation but we haven't found the tie yet.
We spoke to Loretta Lynn's brother in Butcher Holler a year or two ago (he runs the original house there) and he said that the Elkhorn City Ramey's were directly related to the Rameys from the Van Lear and Paintsville area. My husband thinks he said that Loretta's grandfather came from Elkhorn but I don't think that was right. He did say he knew Bill Ramey though.
By the time Patty became famous we had all moved away, I don't recall ever knowing her directly.
Q 8/27/07, Frank wrote:
My name is Frank Thomas Wright. My grandfather was Frank Wampler Wright who was the 18th child sired by Devil John and the first child born to Alice Harmon Wright. My father, Frank W. Wright Jr. told me that he remembered meeting Devil John when he was a young boy in Kentucky. My grandparents left Kentucky (Storm King in Hazard county) for New Iberia, LA in about 1939 or 40. We went up to visit my Uncle Chid and Aunt Belle when I was 2-3 years old (1958). I remember we went to High Knob for a family reunion near Pound, VA. I remember Dan Wright and his sister Jan I think. Uncle Chid gave us a copy of &Devil John Wright of the Cumberland's probably about 35 years ago. My Grandpa's picture was in the book. He was on a wagon with some of his brothers. I remember when Chid and Belle passed their deaths were within days of each other. Frank Wampler Wright Sr., my grandfather died in 1968. His wife Bertha Adams Wright from North Carolina died in 1965. On another note, my Mom and Dad will be celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary 8-31-07. I'll be sure to mention your web site to my Dad. I was also curious about my wife's great grandfather who was named &Pappy Costello from around Jenkins and McRoberts & Frog Town, Kentucky. My father in law said he played baseball for the old Brooklyn Dodgers. I was trying to find any of his descendants for my father in law's sake.
Thank You for the Web Site,
Frank Thomas Wright
Q 6/11/07, by Rexie:
I am trying to determine our relationship. My father was Clifford Wright (Elkhorn City, KY) and my grandfather was Aldon Wright.
Are you my father's cousin or aunt?
A 6/12/07, by Nancy Wright Bays:
What a lovely name. Is there a story connected to it? Named for someone?
I visited you web page and it is really growing. You have done well with it, good graphic's, I like the looks of it. Of course I enjoy the genealogy section most but the tatting took my eye too. I have always wanted to learn that. It is an old art that I hope isn't lost.
Was your grandfather Aldon Wright born 10 Dec 1907 who married Alpha Clevenger? Did I meet your father at a family reunion at the Breaks? Your father and I are cousins. Aldon was the son of Thomas Benton Wright who was the son of George Washington Wright who was the son of Andrew Jackson Wright who was the son of Joel Martin Wright.
Now..... I am descended from Joel Martin Wright's son James. So you see, we are distantly related cousins. I hope you claim me as well as I claim you.&S& I love all my family.
Thank you for the add for my book. You can order it on line at:
Nancy Wright Bays
A 6/12/07, by Rexie:
Yes, my name comes from my maternal grandfather Rex Ramey and my Mom Ann.
My paternal grandfather was that Aldon Wright, and my grandmother was Alpha Clevenger. You probably did meet my father Clifford at a reunion, his home was less than a mile from Fishpond on Bluehead.
So it looks like my 4th Great Grandfather was Joel Martin Wright, his grandson was Bad John Wright and so on...
I already have your book, I ordered it a week or so ago and it arrived the other day.
Thanks! Rexie
Q 6/11/07, Brenda wrote:
Hello Rexie,
I was on your website and have enjoyed reading about the history of the Ramey family. My great grandmother was a Ramey. Her name was Martha Ramey Wylie. Her father was Colby Ramey and mother Melissa Morris (Miles?). His father was Jeremiah Ramey. Colby and Melissa lived in Muldrow, Oklahoma. Do you know any information about this side of the family. I know they tie in because I always heard growing up that we were related to Loretta Lynn.
Thank You,
Choctaw, Oklahoma
A 6/11/07, by Rexie:
In the book &Remy Family in America& put together by Bill Ramey of Elkhorn City KY, he has a Jeremiah (Jerry) born about 1788, with children Frank, Thomas, James, Richard, Andrew, William, Samuel, and May Ann. Jeremiah's father was Archibald and mother was Mary Cassidy Ramey. No mention of a Colby Ramey.
There are a lot of Martha's but no Martha Wylie.
The only Melissa is the daughter of Asa Ramey (1780), and married a Van Camp.
The family tree gets pretty wild, there are so many undocumented branches, remarriages, reuse of names (even within a family, sort of a &This is my brother Daryl, and my other brother Daryl...).
If you can trace back to a relative in eastern Kentucky, especially Elkhorn City, Paintsville or Pikeville, then we can probably find a listing for that relative here. That would be the best way to find a link to Loretta Lynn as well as Patty Ramey Loveless and others.
In case you ask, this book is mostly a collection of notes, letters and some rudimentary family listings. It is indexed thankfully!
It is not available as a published work, but I got a copy from Uncle Bill.
has a service that you can inquire upon and they may be able to point you in the right direction. There is an email link at the bottom of that page.
Also check out , they have a lot of Ramey information and even have a couple books and CD's.
Q 5/28/07, Mary wrote:
Hi Rexanna,
I enjoy your web site. You said you have the book &The Trail of the Lonesome Pine& is it different than Bad John Wright THE LAW OF PINE MOUNTAIN By: Phillip K. Epling? In 1983 when Mae and I was back in March to see Mom when she was sick, she got me this book. I didn't know there was another book. Is there any where I could get the one like you have?
Mary Wright Davis
A 5/28/07, by Rexie:
The movie &The Trail of the Lonesome Pine& by John Fox, Jr. has an ISBN number of 0-. One of the characters is Devil Judd Tollivar, based loosely on Devil John Wright. I don't have &The Law of Pine Mountain&, I will have to look for it.
A 5/28/07, by Rexie
I just found (and bought) the book &Law of Pine Mountain& after a quick Google Search. Thanks for letting me know about it!
Q 3/13/06, Alexis wrote:
My name is Alexis, And one of my close friend and he says he is kin to Loretta Lynn and well, we don't believe him. He still says that he is kin to her and you are the only one that can help us find this out for sure. His name is T. L. H., please help me find out if he is really kin to her. It would be so cool if he is really kin to her.
PLEASE HELP ME AND MY FRIENDS FIND THIS OUT.
Sincerely,
A 3/14/06, by Rexie:
The best way to find out how a relationship exists is thru genealogical research. With the Internet this is much easier. Go to
and search for genealogy and specifically for the towns in which he lived. Check with the county courthouse and see if there isn't something there.
There are services that will research family trees for a fee. The Mormon Church has extensive genealogy libraries that they allow anyone to use for research. If you ever get out to Salt Lake City they have a huge facility there that they are happy to allow members and non-members to use. Other Mormon churches and offices may be able to assist in family history research.
Loretta Lynn grew up in the Prestonsburg KY area and had many sisters, brothers, uncles, aunts, grandparents etc., any of which could provide a link to your family.
My link to Loretta actually goes thru Patty Loveless. Her family name is Ramey, same as my mom. She grew up less than a mile from me in Elkhorn City KY, and we both lived there about the same time. In that area Ramey is a common name, the town was founded by Ramey's, and if you go back far enough the connection can be made thru a family tree.
I wonder if he isn't related to Rebecca Lynn Howard? She was born in Saylersville KY, about 100 miles from Prestonsburg (Loretta Lynn/Crystal Gayle) and 200 miles from Elkhorn City (Patty Loveless), while I think she is related to Loretta, I am not sure what that relationship is.
In the Eastern Kentucky/Western Virginia area there are a couple dozen family names that seem to dominate. The area is somewhat insular and people tend to stay there. Extended families in the same town are very common.
Q 9/20/05, Nancy wrote:
Hi Rexie. I hope you can help me. I am looking for the book, &Devil John Wright of the Cumberland's and I cannot find it. Do you have any idea where I could get it at? We are descendants on my dads side and he is very interested in anything I can find. I
but it doesn't give me the option to buy it. Don't know what to do now.
A 9/20/05, by Rexie:
I checked and it appears that Amazon has about 25 copies to buy. Also , owned by eBay.
Q 9/10/05, Rhonda wrote:
I was surfing the net about Devil John Wright and I found your page. I was wondering how you are related to him because my mother-in-law is his great grand-daughter. I just thought that was the neatest thing. Please reply! Can't wait to here from you!
A 9/10/05, by Rexie:
I am not sure how we are related. My father is Clifford Wright of Elkhorn City, KY, his father was Aldon Wright.
I have been trying to find the family line but none of my relatives can seem to pin it together for me.
Have a great day!}

我要回帖

更多关于 promise to be 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信