tucked daytoo cold so warmrest to keep warm

Short Link
WOW the pics here just keep on getting better and better .. Awesome is all I can say!
What talented photographers we have here I am always amazed at what everyone shares just awesome!!
Thunder Birds ()
Inverted pass.
Morning light ()
Modesty ()
Ice empire ()
I want to climp down ()
Around 1,5 metres (4.5 ft).
Looking Glass ()
Looking Glass Falls was looking good today. The water flow was very good considering this Summer's dry weather.
enjoying the evening ... ()
Morning light ()
Rocky Mountain High ()
Snowing pretty good down on the Arm today at Windy Point. Didn't really expect to see any Dall Sheep but they surprised me so I had to brave some wet snow and slippery ground to climb up and get a little closer.
November Sunrise ()
Tree & Friend ()
Boulder Sunset 11-16-07 ()
Late Autumn ()
Clearing after a storm - North Sister, Oregon Cascades ()
wind, cold and sun ()
Seagull ()
brown shrike...#2 ()
...resting on a dragon-head stone sculpture against the early morning hazy sunlight.
Flames & Arrows ()
The sun was at a perfect position to show off the vibrancy of the trees and greenery.
Wild West Watering Hole ()
A cool windmill I found out on the range of New Mexico. The water in the foreground is frozen, thats why it has the crazy looking white stuff. There is also a sweet sun dog in the leftmost sky. Anyway, I froze my ass off trying to get this shot, hope you like!
lonely walk ()
took this on the fly a while ago and really wish i would have had a tripod. the mood still comes across for me.
Wind and Fire ()
Some wild shapes with tonights sundown
Sunset at HB ()
Air temp 60, Water 60 wind around 2mph. A nice evening at the beach!
Cardinal in a Snow Storm ()
Heading South ()
Gulf Coast Sunset ()
Smoke in the Forest ()
A prescribed burn in the Big Basin Redwoods State Park around sunset
since the cliff ()
Ice storm 's impact ()
An ice storm came through and encased everything with a thick layer of ice - including each individual blade of grass. It looked like the landscape was dipped in glass.
Snow Angel ()
Bled beauty in sunset ()
Icy artwork... ()
on my upstairs windows this chilly morning---- the one nice thing about no heat upstairs. These window photos are in honor of my mother, who loved the magic of winter. She would be 91 today.
Racing the sunrise ()
Float plane takes off early this cold morning against the rising sun
First snow ()
I had to get some Cardinal shots in our first snow of the season. We only got about 1.5
Bridge in the Woods ()
Tucked away in off a small fire road down in a valley between Saluda, NC and Tryon, NC lies a beautiful water fall called Pearson's Falls. You'd miss it if you weren't looking for it, but the drive to it is spectacular... these were taken on the journey to Pearson's Falls.
Winter Wonderland ()
The Stream With No Name ()
Snow Covered ()
south african sundew close-up 1 ()
"Tim the Cat" ()
Tim pretty much lets us know what he wants even if he doesn't talk "human".
Sunset Rogue River Bridge ()
Sunset Rogue River Bridge: A perfect Sunset evening. I spent 1 1/2 hrs waiting and watching this sunset progress I have more than 100 pictures of what I think was a perfect evening of picture taking WOW!!!!
Ice on Evergreen ()
Our December 13, 2007 ice and slush storm left some pretty and interesting sights.
Ice on Evergreen ()
Our December 13, 2007 ice and slush storm left some pretty and interesting sights.
Dolphin Jumping ()
I caught this while trying to get a sunset
Red Velvet Sunset on Upham Beach, FL ()
I saw this incredible sunset coming by mid afternoon on December 18, 2007. The clouds were thin, but very well defined and seemed to reflect the water over the Gulf of Mexico. If conditions did not change, I knew it was going to be a red velvet sunset. I was waiting for my car to be repaired, and soon as I got it back I headed for the beach. I walked onto Upham Beach with about two minutes left of the sunset colors. The sun had gone down about 10 minutes before. It was amazing for the short time I took pix, that is for sure.
World of White ()
Some clouds drifted into the valley after I had hiked up the mountain. A beautiful start to a lovely day.
i can hear music ()
The Mirror ()
Merwede Canal Nieuwegein Holland after 2 days of freezing Fog
Dutch Canal ()
near the 'sluis'
Peace on Earth ()
New storm blowing high winds created fresh sand lines in the sand dunes along the beach
Four Feeding ()
The two little bucks decided it was time to give up the fight, and eat before the little does ate it all.
in the circle ()
Heron Looking for Christmas Dinner
Sunset form Huntington Beach ()
Kaaterskill Falls in Winter ()
260-foot Kaaterskill Falls, about a 1/2 mile hike up a icy trail. I'm SOLD --- Waterfalls are best in the middle of winter (see my other waterfall pics)
Cold Day Geese ()
The temp was 10 degrees when I was at Golden Pond this morning...after a short walk I found this to be the only open water in the area...lots of geese, on the water and in the air...in front of Long's Peak (14,240).
Moon Over The Atigun ()
Visible at 3:17 PM only at far north latitudes, the moon shines down from the northeast sky onto the Dalton Highway in Alaska's Atigun River valley approximately 110 miles north of the Arctic Circle.
Peace On Earth ()
Temple Square in Salt Lake City aglow with holiday lights. A spectacle put on by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Red Rock Reflections ()
If you follow the Salt River from its origins you will come across several man-made lakes which mark a stalling point in the water's path.
One of these, Canyon Lake, is being drained for some sort of upkeep. As a result, the Salt River's level is about six feet lower and much slower than before. This reflective pool would not have been possible two months ago, as the river's current would have swept by without regard to a wishful photographer.
Sno-Squirrel ()
This squirrel ventured out this morning in the snow and cold temperature to seek a bite to eat. It is a good idea to hang out corn in the cold of winter to feed the wild animals. . . My first picture of 2008. "Happy New Year".
Iced Berries ()
Plant City, Florida, Strawberry Farmers ward off killer freeze by icing the berry crops.
Snowbound Church ()
Hell hasn't frozen over, but the local Baptist church may be another matter...
Heaven's Gold II ()
Was very fortunate to be able to watch the sunset last night on the plane from TX to FL. Took this shortly after takeoff when we leveled off at about 23,000 ft. I saw these great clouds turned golden by the setting sun and got my camera out so that as soon as the flight attendant said,
River Otter ()
I'm Full I'm Content And I'm Pooped !!
Yosemite National Park, Vernal Falls. ()
Yosemite National Park, Vernal Falls.
sunrise windmills ()
it was discovery to know that lots of windmills are spread all over the country and some of them are still working.
Eyes of the Wolf ()
Peering Out ()
Sunset over Big Bear lake, California.
Heading home... ()
after an early evening walk. Brilliant sunset colors radiated from behind Droop Mt. like the spokes of a giant wheel. All the snow has melted here after several unseasonably warm days.
River Otter ()
I'm Full I'm Content And I'm Pooped !!
Low Tide Sunset ()
Yosemite National Park, Vernal Falls. ()
Yosemite National Park, Vernal Falls.
Low Tide Sunset ()
Brothers ()
Elegance in Flight ()
A Great White Egret in Flight. I like the back lighting from the sunlight,
the blows of the sea II ()
IN THE VERY GREAT STORM
cold fog ()
Anhinga ()
The Anhinga does not have oil glands for waterproofing its feathers like most water birds. When it swims, it gets wet which allows it to move more efficiently under water. But, when it leaves the water, it must spread its wings and dry in the sun.
The Anhinga has a long tail that accounts for its nickname, “water turkey.”
While swimming, the Anhinga’s head may be above the surface with its body below. Observers only see the long neck and head. This has resulted in another nickname, “snake bird.”
The Anhinga spears fish with its long beak. Sometimes it has to swim to shore and pry the fish off its beak by rubbing on a rock or tree limb.
Alien Landscape ()
Take one part shooting into the sun, and two parts lake-effect, and you get an alien landscape that rules winter here along the Lake Superior shore.
Visions of Moonlight ()
An old Irish-Catholic church found in Lebanon, CT circa 1700's.
First Light ()
The sunrise painted the white trees with a beautiful pink glow as I prepared to ski down the mountain after enjoying the scenery for a while
Stormy Sunset ()
Solar Burst ()
Solar Burst ()
Cheeky Thrush ()
A new bird feeder and this cheeky chappie looking straight down the lens, hidden behind a blind, was the highlight of some very quick shooting.The Canon can crack off a few frames per second on the fast setting.... Canon 40D, 300mm zoom f10 1/500 sec ISO 400
Prairie Hues at Sunset ()
On the Rocks ()
Jane has clearly become alarmed at my tendency to colapse in a heap whenever I see a photographic opportunity at ground level. She commissioned a
Green Jay ()
I'd never seen these birds before and thought they were quite beautiful.
Beauty & Grace! ()
Winter wonderland ()
This is a photo taken in the area I live in, this little park is near my house. We have been having real winter weather for the past few days. On Sunday we had about 10 inches of snow and today another 10 inches fell. It sure looks so beautiful, but the shovelling part is not so interesting! Enjoy!
Cardinal Female ()
The female cardinal is so perfect. She is as pretty as her brilliant mate, though he gets all the attention it seems.
Mt Olympus thru snowy trees ()
Just before the snow started falling again!
View from the Top ()
This picture was taken from a ridge near the North Wrangell High Country Shelter. The view is of Chichigof Pass, with Woronkofski Island on the right and Etolin on the left. The color of the sunset is a bit unusual because the sun is actually above the frame in some high level clouds. The sunset later was magnificent but I was in the trees trying to get down to sea level (a 1.5 hour trip) before it got too dark and had to leave the photo opportunities for later.
Goat Island ()
South coast, Ireland
Delicate Talon Scratch ()
Petroglyph Beach ()
Lovely colors in the sunset tonight.
Breathtaking ()
The sunrise was beautiful this morning with the sun looking like a liguid yellow ball as it was rising at the horizon.
Grand Tetons ()
Tetons from the Wyoming side of the mountains on a windy day.
Traditional boat ()
The Gathering ()
Multiple Tree Nymph butterlies gather. I have never seen more than two together so this shot was a real treat for me.
Red Moon ()
This is a composite of 10 phases of tonight's eclipse... the 1st moon photo (far left) was taken at 6:38pm Pacific... the last moon photo (far right) was taken at totality at 7:26pm Pacific. The various moon phases were composed over a backdrop taken during totality.
Prelude. . . ()
. . .to a storm. . .the 19th gave us a prelude to a storm that finally came in late last night. . .this particular storm moved off to the south and drenched areas south of Bodega Bay in Sonoma County, while just barely kissing the edge of the Mendocino Coast. ;)
Phases of Fascination ()
I took about 150 photos of the moon eclipse last night and was so amazed at the progress of the eclipse once I put it all together. I couldn't make it until the end because my fingers and toes were pretty frozen by 10:30 or so. I will say now that it was well worth it.
primroses ()
Painted Sunrise ()
Snow on Chin ()
This squirrel came out in the snow for his breakfast of corn this morning . . . We have accumulated around 4" of new snow on top of the snows that was already on the ground.
Superstition Mountain ()
This has been a winter of plentiful rain, a season of abundance in an otherwise harsh environment.
The the floor of the Sonoran Desert is now carpeted with verdant grasses that last summer were but a daydream of what could be. It reminds of how precious and life-giving water can be.
We're looking forward to a great wildflower season here in Arizona...stay tuned.
68F and sunny here today.
A Really Bad Hair Day ()
Now this would make any bird of a feather grouchy. He just needed a little bit of hair gel against the wind me thinks hehehehe. A hard picture to get with an overcast day and a white bird head, had me working for it LOL.
Shutter Speed 1/1000
Aperture Value F11.0
ISO Speed 640
Lens EF70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
Focal Length 270.0 mm
Dreamclouds ()
This scene lasted for only a moment - like waking from a dream you can't remember but one that leaves you smiling anyway.
Frosty Dawn 2 ()
At the Monterey Cypress trees overlooking Pudding Creek Beach.
Gonna Build a Nest ()
Tri colored parrot Finch
BALD EAGLE!!!! ()
Now This Is A Bald Eagle!! Any Questions!!!
A picture like this only comes around Once every 4 Years!!! PS: Because it is Leap Year taken on the 29th Of Feb.2008
Trinidad Sunset ()
Having fun with filter combinations
Lenticular over Joshua Tree ()
Sunset clouds put on a spectacular show over Joshua Tree Rocks
Cloud's on Fire
Callers ()
Some friends stopping in this evening to help celebrate the last day of February.
Hood Ornament ()
Temptation ()
He tried several times to give her the worm but she was not about to drop her building supplies. He ended up eating the worm. Snooze you loose!
Early Riser ()
Warm weather is responsible for the early appearance of this fine looking specimen down at the Portage Wildlife park.
Breakfast ()
Violet Euphonia
Night falls ()
Barred Owl ()
Tetrapylon ()
Main gate to the ancient Greek city Afrodisias
Ninilchik Church ()
Russian Orthodox Church in Ninilchik, Alaska.
The Peanut Gallery! ()
HOMER, Alaska - The peanut gallery! LOL. There were a lot of birds around the Homer Spit all weekend, I think a lot of that had to do with the weather. It was windy and blustery, with temps in the mid-30's. Hey, at least it didn't snow on us this year! It was a weekend of learning how to adjust camera settings to account for the cloud cover and the birds. We do this weekend gathering every year and everyone is always welcome to join us!
One more circle over the field and then I land for refueling. ()
Aurora Borealis over Loon Lake ()
Great Blue Heron ()
... looking like he's just returned from the Ministry of Silly W)
Can I have a bite? ()
Lovers Voice ()
A scene a 1000 people pass everyday and not stopping to take a picture.
I always wanted to try this shot, so I took advantage of the evening sun.
I always wanted to try this shot, so I took advantage of the evening sun.
Longhorn in bluebonnet ()
View from Whitman Road
old remainings ()
Head Shot - 2008 Gathering of Eagles Meet-Up ()
This young male kept tilting his head at me as I took his picture the other day. I was using my flash and the light kept him interested, he even hopped closer to me to see what that bright thing was hahaha.
Whuzzat? ()
This red shouldered hawk just decided to pose for this shot.
Sunset Clouds ()
Well, not much of a fish, but then there's more where that one came from! Egret, at Quarry Lakes
Snack Time ()
Bluebonnets & Indian Paintbrushes ()
These flowers are so pretty together. I love how they grow alongside the roads in Texas!
Orange Juice ()
Madiera Butterfly on Mexican Sunflower
Deer in the snow ()
Sun setting over Mobile Alabama ()
The kiss ()
This has to be one of the most adorable wildlife shots I have ever taken. These two were very infatuated with each other. There is a hole in the stump where I suspect there is either babies or soon to be. I saw them in the same spot about an hour later. I hope to keep an eye on them.
Hold your tongue! ()
Brown bear showing his tongue :o)
Spring Romance ()
Here is the entire series. This was one of two babies the dogs found in the yard. The mother probably was taken by a red tail hawk. Babies will seek help even from humans when they can't find mom. Isn't nature wonderful. We took them to a wildlife refuge across the street from use to be cared for. We had a frost last night so they would not have made it.
/skrambor/Chipper
early spring arrival... ()
....just comin' out to file my taxes today.
Male Cardinal ()
In my backyard.
Wasdale ()
The Wasdale valley in the English Lake District has three claims to fame - - - it contains Englands deepest lake (Wastwater)
highest mountain (Scafell Pike) and smallest church (Saint Olaf)
The Model ()
~~~~~~~~~~European Bee-Eater~~~~~~~~~~
Restful Sea at Sunset ()
Early Ripening of Wheat ()
~~~~~~~~~~Eden in the field.~~~~~~~~~~
Cutest Model Ever ()
Talking to me? ()
The red squirrel or Eurasian red squirrel (Sciurus vulgaris)
Tampa Skyline ()
The sky made for a beautiful sunset, but I think twilight put on the best show for us last night. In case you're wondering, this image was shot with the white balance set to tungsten.
Majestic Beauty ()
Deuces Wild ()
Coming out of their nest is two of the three young squirrels that share this nest. They are venturing out a little more each day now. I was able to capture this shot using a 300mm zoom lens for the close-up.
The Tongue ()
Check out the tongue here!
Hang On.. ()
Jumping from one place to another.
Rain Fresh! ()
Spring Morning ()
A lovely spring morning in Alaska. The electricity was off for 11 hours too. But it was quite beautiful.
Weeeeee!!!! ()
A Brown Thrasher having fun in my backyard.
Dressed Up Host ()
Sci Fi ?? ()
An unusual looking storm cloud sat out on the water. We had the cloud the lightning, even had stars and a near full moon that rose from the top of the cloud. It was amazing to watch.
Brethren ()
Testing the water ()
Hummingbird at Coyote H)
Mystic waters ()
Pretty In Pink ()
imagine the smell ! ()
Old mountain summer barn ()
Vith a view
Moss and time I. ()
Busy Bee ()
Sping in South Florida
Colorful Couple ()
~~~~~~~~~~European Bee Eaters~~~~~~~~~~
Garden of the Gods in the Snow ()
Not only is the park a beautiful display of our one God's creation year round, but also very pretty after a snowfall!
Beauty Of Tulips 6 ()
Beauty Of Tulips 3 ()
Beauty Of Tulips 1 ()
Wyoming Lawnmower ()
Elk grazing on the Elk Refuge, notice very few heads are up, all are eating new grass.
My Paridise III ()
Tiedyed ()
What a colorful grasshopper, right here in South FL!
Sandhill feeding colt ()
New Mexico Sunset ()
Whoa! Not so fast! ()
Things are moving along quickly...
Lovely spring evening ()
We have again very light nights!
Luna Moth ()
Finally! Haven't seen one of these beauties in years, and then she's kind enough to pose for a photo-op, too!
Marbled Godwit ()
In Flight! First time I have ever seen these Godwit's in my area. Big Bird!!
Have We Met Before? ()
A Sandpiper looks at his reflection. This poor bird is missing a foot and the # 1 cause is fishing that is not disposed of properly. Please remember to dispose of fishing lines in such a way that the birds can't get tangle.
Male Goldfinch ()
Beautiful bird!! I'm getting lots of goldfinches, house finches coming to my feeders.
Sunny Yosemite ()
The rains have gone, and now the slow process of melting all that snow has begun. Spring time in Yosemite.
Swallowtail Beauty ()
Thoas Swallowtail
Indigo Bunting ()
Colors Of Tulip 2 ()
Sunrise ()
Mothers Day ()
May All You Foxy Ma-Ma's Have A Laid Back Day!!!
Pigeons ()
MOUNT SAINT HELENS ()
Indian Creek flow ()
Elk In Snow ()
Taken during snowstorm in Evergreen today.
Bashful ()
Mandarin preening with a bashful look
Awakening Light ()
I shot this early evening. It reminds me of the light within all things and how beautiful that is.
Misty Moon ()
Bleeding Hearts Club ()
I shot this in my wife's garden last night just as the sun was starting to set. This morning it was no longer as nice looking.
Scarlet Tanger ()
Oahu - Island Paradise ()
View of some of the majestic scenery that can be found on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. Hawaii is considered to be one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Flight School ()
Cedar Waxwing ()
The first waxwings have appeared at the park near my house. As always, they seem to perch in the higher branches... sure would be nice if one of 'em came down to eye level!!
tulip time 4 ()
tulips from National botanic garden collection
Green snake ()
Hanging around
Use without permission is illegal
Near Brummen (The Netherlands) ()
Lake Willouhgby ()
One would half expect to see a pirate ship sail into this dramatic scene, but that isn't going to happen.This little, glacial lake would hardly hold a large sailboat, but it does provide a very attractive collection of views and hikes. Located in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, Lake Willoughby is only about five miles long and a mile wide at its largest. Don't let the small dimensions fool you, it is a breathtaking spot!
Moon Lite and Maritimes ()
Luna Moth ()
Finally! Haven't seen one of these beauties in years, and then she's kind enough to pose for a photo-op, too!
Blow Me Away ()
Preening Pause ()
This Green-back Heron has three babies and they keep her busy feeding them. She paused for a few minutes to take care of her needs...just like a good momma!
Radensko polje - morning ()
Morning peace ()
Radensko polje
Light Drawings ()
Petunia leaves backlit in my garden
In The Garden II ()
You're a preen one...Mr. Finch ()
sun-kissed valley ()
This Lower Falls is the third and final main falls located on the Genesee River at Letchworth State Park.This park is often called the Grand Canyon of the East.It is best viewed after a half mile trek down a steep and winding trail.
Hacita Head beach ()
Oregon lighthouse land mark.
RAINBOW DRAGON ()
The colors in the background add an extra touch to this already colorful dragonfly.
2 typical Greek colors ()
Green!!! ()
Finally, I see something green. We have leaves on the trees! I thought they would never come.
Jefferson Memorial thru the Cherry Blossoms ()
The obligatory Memorial-Thru-The-Blossoms photo, taken with my tiny, trusty Vivitar ViviCam 3 megapixel snapshooter.
fuchsia on a rainy morning ()
This took a LONG time to get! I was outside for about 40 minutes trying to get this. I took about a hundred pictures before I finally got it. Then I deleted most of the many MANY pictures of just still water. Hope you enjoy! Shutter speed 1/2000, Aperture f/5.6, ISO 1600
Great White Egret ()
Took a boat trip yesterday with some friends and found these GWE's nice enought to let me get a few pictures.
Mom & Bambi ()
Mom & Bambi! There are 3 little ones but I could only get mom and the one baby. Rare to see three new fawns.
I will be trying to get a picture of all 3 fawns and Mom this week, I hope!!!!!!
Brazos Bend Sunset 3 ()
Yosemite valley ()
It rained all Memorial Day weekend. This was my only real keeper for the day today...
...family garden rose 2 ()
Hairy Legs ()
Leopard Skin Fashion coat
This one is named Oreo. It makes you want to go out and buy a bag of Oreo's.
Cataract Lake ()
A few afternoon clouds reflected in Cataract Lake, Colorado, where spring has finally begun to arrive.
Rufous Hummingbird ()
Nectar bound,)
Hocking Hills, Ohio ()
Old Man's Cave Area
Painted Lady Butterfly ()
Feeding on Lantana blossom
Backlit beauty ()
this leaf, backlit by the autumn sun, shows off its fall finery...
Iris after a shower ()
I like the way the light plays on the water droplets on this iris bloom...
Tropical TGIF ()
Hocking Hills, Ohio ()
Old Man's Cave Area
lupina season ()
another sunset ()
another sunset with a different approach
Spring at Hurricane Ridge ()
Aphrodite and I went to check out our summer home!
The space shuttle Discovery lifts off from the Kennedy Space Center carrying the Japanese laboratory module to the space station. Kennedy Space Center FL, May 31, 2008.((C)Photo by Gene Blevins/LA Daily News(C))
The space shuttle Discovery lifts off from the Kennedy Space Center carrying the Japanese laboratory module to the space station. Kennedy Space Center FL, May 31, 2008.((C)Photo by Gene Blevins/LA Daily News(C))
Running Calves ()
More photos of these cuties can be seen at my website (click on link below).
STS-124 ()
Shuttle Discovery Launch
Fill it, Now!! ()
another sunset ()
another sunset with a different approach
Calm waters ()
Hunt's Mesa Sunrise ()
Taken yesterday morning atop Hunt's Mesa in Monument Valley. A little preview of what I have in the works as of late.
Calm waters ()
I'm not impressed ()
This guy obviously doesn't understand females
Early Aspen Season in Santa Fe ()
Shot from Leka
God's Country ()
Oxbow Bend Snake River
Teton National Park
White-crowned Sparrow ()
Picture Perfect Sparrow. Trying to get a picture of the Osprey this little Sparrow landed and said Hi!
Bierstadt Lake ()
Rocky Mountain National Park's Bierstadt Lake.
In the forest mist ()
Bent Creek Experimental Forest
Has ANYONE seen that crazy squirrel??? ()
The Wheat is almost ready for harvest
Seeing Double! ()
Alls right with the world ()
This was truly the most brilliant rainbow I have EVER seen! I didn't change the color of this photo at all... It really was this vivid.
Orange Foil ()
I couldn't believe the colors on this hummingbird. The throat colors were changing depending on the light. Some shots of him the throat was black depending on the light shining on it. This is how he looked. Even then he looks unreal!
Update: Thanks to FloridaFanToo for the identity of this little fellow. He is a Rufuos Hummingbird.
Muscovy Duck Family ()
Poppies & Bachlor Buttons ()
Taken in Madison.
Golfing Paradise ()
Golf course in Canmore, Alberta located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains.
Three Friends ()
Tom-Henny Penny & Doe Great Friends: Shot this early this morning and was lucky to see all 3 together!
Smooth as Glass ()
BACK FLIP ()
SMALL HUMPBACK WHALE BEING PLAYFUL TODAY IN MASSACHUSETTS BAY.
Stalker ()
I followed this Tanager as he flew to nearly all the different flowers that are blooming on the desert.
Here's Looking at YOU ()
Is he smiling? I like to think he is :)
Red deer doe ()
What a perfect darling to let me get so close, before kicking up her heels and prancing away :)
Smokeless fire ()
The incredible sunset tonight looked like the sky was on fire. So beautiful! On the James River.
Eyecatcher Closeup ()
Gertrude Stein wrote
My new neighbor ()
There are two of these in my neighbors yard. I was doing some work in the yard and came up on this one. I ran and got my camera and it was still there. :)
Eyecatcher Closeup ()
Gertrude Stein wrote
Big Sky Colorado ()
Park County, Colorado
Sunrise at Hollywood Beach ()
Almost full moon ()
Shot 14 June, 2008
Morning Moment ()
Infrared day in the park. ()
Used an older Sony 707 with night shot. You have to use a R72 filter and a #8 or #9 neutral density filter.
tapestry ()
..of early morning roses..
The Water Collector ()
Rain Drops ()
Spring rains storms did not slow down this hard working man.
Dark Beauty ()
The season for lilies seemed over in my backyard garden, but to my surprise a set of red lilies appeared. They hanven't bloomed in at least 10 years.
Happy bee ?? ()
Many bees today, I guess they are happy with working! Glad to share the last one in this series.
NOTE :- I have to add more information that one WU Friend email me that I might be wrong. This is not bee, but a WASP :)
thunderstorm clouds ()
thundestorm over the gulf, wierd colors in the clouds
Church Of St. Anna ()
It was originally built in 1454, founded by princess Anna Mazowiecka. Then destroyed during the Swedish invasion and rebuilt in 1600 in a baroque style. Also during the WW II it was seriously damaged, rebuilt right after the war.
The belfry was built in 1578-84, there is an observation deck on top, with great panorama of Old Town and Wisla river.
Bite on the neck ()
I'm pretty sure the pelican wasn't pleased with this treatment... shown in the next photo.
Patriotic ()
This sparrow was positioned near our flag. The wind was blowing in the perfect direction to be able to photograph it with the colors behind it.
Gust Front ()
Gust Front
just one look... ()
...the pissed off kinda look!!
Loud Mouth ()
Taken at St. Augustine, FL Alligator Farm Rookery. This baby was making ALOT of noise!! Guess he was hungry!
Mountain Solitude ()
The window ()
Sunset from my window, Greece
Amazing Reflection! ()
Bite those bugs.
a honey jar day ()
Always watchful ()
The Blue And The Green ()
Ashtabula, Ohio
The Blue And The Green ()
Ashtabula, Ohio
Sunshine Skyway Bridge on Tampa Bay ()
Some thunderstorms passed and cleansed the air to make for nice picture taking.
Curious ()
Two of three youngsters poking their noses out of their tree hole home.
A wild baby green Iguana ()
This is a wild Iguana that is a resident of my backyard, along with other two (or more) Iguanas.
Chocolate Lilly ()
I joined the Wrangell Hiking Club for a little walk to Fools Inlet on Wrangell Island where we were able to enjoy an abundance of mosquitos... and wildflowers. Here is the latter. A chocolate lilly.
Green Anole ()
Female Green Anole lizard on Confederate Jasmine vine with pool in the background.
She's patiently waiting for the arrival of her breakfast.
Flowing water ()
Majestic ()
Burrowing Owl ()
The Burrowing Owl is a small, long-legged owl found throughout open landscapes of North and South America. Burrowing owls can be found in grasslands, rangelands, agricultural areas, deserts, or any other dry, open area with low vegetation. They nest and roost in burrows, such as those excavated by prairie dogs. Unlike most owls, burrowing owls are often active during the day, although they tend to avoid the mid-day heat. Most hunting is still done from dusk until dawn. Burrowing owls are able to live for at least 9 years in the wild and over 10 years in captivity. They are often killed by vehicles when crossing roads, and have many natural enemies, including badgers, coyotes, and snakes. They are also killed by both feral and domesticated cats and dogs. Burrowing owls have bright yellow eyes. The beak can be yellow or greenish depending on the subspecies. The legs are incompletely feathered and grayish in color. They lack ear tufts and have a flattened facial disc. The owls have prominent white eyebrows and a white "chin" patch which they expand and display during certain behaviors.
Adult owls have brown upperparts with white spotting. The breast and belly are white with variable brown spotting or barring.
Zinnia Butterfly ()
I dont know what kind of butterfly this is but it was beautifully colored.
Flowers ()
Taken in my back yard after a rain.
Tampa Bay Thunderstorms - Beautiful! ()
Can anything be more beautiful than a powerful thunderstorm building up? If you look closely to the right of the end of the land jutting out, you can see the Tampa skyline through the summer haze. That might give you an idea of the size of this cloud.
Wild Purple Iris ()
Sooooo Beautiful!! ()
I never get enough of these beautiful summer sunsets. They are all so different from one evening to another.
From Seven Miles High ()
This view on Monument Valley is my newest perspective as I flew over this eve back to the Central Valley of California.
God's Little Miracles ()
Only The Shadow Knows ()
Water Lily ()
Saw this in a pond infront of a temple - Song Lim Temple, Toa Payoh Town...
green igauna ()
found at Laguna Manialtepec
Bears of Katmai ()
This bear heard a salmon jump and reacted immediately.
Summer Light... ()
shines from the face of this Daisy.
Buick Pickup ()
Left to decay since the 1930s. Pickup was made from a Buick 4 door sedan
Sunflowers ()
Newport Bridge Sunset # 1 ()
Bugs, Bugs and more Bugs ()
The Ant and Spider are only 1/4 inch. Very small. The Ant caught something and the Spider caught an Ant. Check other pictures below. Update on Wasp also!There are all kinds of pictures at: www./ralfoesterwinter
daisies and friend...#1 ()
A Lilly is a floating Beauty ()
These Lillies are all Floating Beauties. From the Bronx Botanical Gardens. See many mores flowers at: www./ralfoesterwinter Double Click on any picture then click on Slideshow.
Rocky Mountain National Park ()
Lots of Elk grazing in the park today.
Brush Fire ()
The fire was somewhat tamed this morning but it looks to have flared up again.
Na Pali Cliffs at Kauai, Hawaii ()
Historians believe this rugged yet beautiful coastline was the first area of Kauai to be settled by the ancient Hawaiians. As inhospitable as these cliffs appear, they provided the settlers with all the basics of life: freshwater from the mountain streams, native vegetation and fertile ground in the valleys, and great fishing. These sea cliffs begin at Ke'e Beach and continue around the north and west portion of Kauai, ending at Polihale Beach. They extend upwards 1000 feet and have a series of
Summer Sunset ()
It was still raining and I was holding the umbrella with one hand and shooting with the other.
Rainbow's End ()
The last front has moved through, and cooler weather for the next week.
Bears of Katmai ()
Standing tall.
Canada Day Fireworks ()
Huge crowds of people gathered for the annual Canada Day fireworks display at Spencer Smith Park in Burlington along the shores of Lake Ontario.
Bears of Katmai ()
Going for a dip.
My turn! ()
Tri-colored Parrott Finch
Mommy Loves Me Better Than You ()
Young Tree Swallows arguing with each other.
No It's Not Watermelon ()
Check out the colors on this fellow! Come to find out he is a "Cuban Brown Anole." (Thanks to FloridaFanToo for this identification.) Also, the males display a red "dewlap" under their chins when the feel a threat, so this display is for defending territory against other males. (Also attracting a female.) I was just out working on the car and spotted him on the tree right by the driveway. That's is when I went for a quick run for the camera.
Green Reflection ()
Common Kingfisher ()
Down The Hatch ()
The young Barn Swallows were anxiously waiting to be fed. Barn Swallows and Tree Swallow young, wait on a limb for the parent to fly by and put bugs in their mouths. It's awesome to watch. Everything is extremely fast.
Is it real? ()
Green Reflection ()
Shadow Play ()
Highlands "Ovcarija" in Julian Alps, Slovenia (1660 m above see)
Doe and Fawn ()
The mother seems to be encouraging the youngster's curiosity.
green igauna ()
found at Laguna Manialtepec
Misty Web ()
Female Ruby ()
Down The Hatch ()
The young Barn Swallows were anxiously waiting to be fed. Barn Swallows and Tree Swallow young, wait on a limb for the parent to fly by and put bugs in their mouths. It's awesome to watch. Everything is extremely fast.
Summer Beauty ()
From the plane ()
In your light I learn how to love
In your beauty how to make poems
You dance in my chest,
Where no one sees you,
But sometimes I do,
And that sight becomes this art.
summer signs ()
summer signs ()
Fireworks over Frederick ()
Frederick, MD fireworks show at Baker Park
Rehearsal ()
The Guardian ()
Pasture Velo Polje 1680m (Big Field) is surrounded by highest peaks in Slovenia. The catle is here in summer months for past 500 years.
Nature's Fireworks 2 ()
Night-blooming Cereus. Each blossom on this otherwise humble looking tree-climbing cactus opens only once, on one summer night a year, so they are a special sight. On the night of July 4th, fourteen burst open as if in celebration of our nation's holiday and competing with the man-made fireworks going on in our neighborhood.
Magic Sight ()
Tiger Swallowtail... ()
with golden color from the sunset today at Beverdam Park In Gloucester, Va.
Web sweat I. ()
Tree Top Competition ()
Two juvenile tri-colored herons perch on the tree top. They perform dualing wing displays until one of them is forced of the tree. Perhaps a territorial display.
"MOMMY LOVES ME MORE!!!!" ()
Sunset--Chesapeake bay,Va.
Days End ()
Sunset on old hay rake.
Amazing view ()
from the top of the Aiguille du Midi
Ochre Hermit ()
Winter Night Skyline Melbourne Down Under in OZ :) ()
Had to be in Melbourne for a pre-admission appointment before I go into hospital for more major surgery arrgh. After our appointment my respective other and I went to have some dinner even though it was quite cold we decided go to Princess Bridge in our capital city of Melbourne which is in the fair State of Victoria. (We live 6 hours from Melbourne. The river is the Yarra River to the left is The Southbank Complex and to the right is the main railway station called Flinders Street. It was a very cold evening but we did enjoy taking some more pics :) Have a great day in your part of the world :) As we did being out and about :)
Buzz off! ()
A Study of Color ()
From my adored city park of McAllister.
Sunday's Sunrise ()
Witness the Dawn ()
This is a couple that were staying at our summer rental and decided to watch the sun rise over Old Orchard Beach from Ocean Park, ME 04063
They were in the right place at the right time to Witness The Dawn. This picture became one of the most visited on my photograpy site. www.
Witness the Dawn-2 ()
Rufous Hummingbird ()
So many flowers, so little time... ;)
Sunburst at Sunset ()
I used f-22 at 1/640 shutter speed to create this sunburst effect.
Closer to Heaven ()
Black Rock Mountain State Park, view from the Blue Ridge look out.
In the field ()
The Hitch Hiker - Unusal Behavior ()
The baby Muscovies were gathered around mom when one of them hopped up on mom's back as to say he didn't want to get his feet wet in the grass. I was belly flat in the wet grass to get this angle. I've seen swans do this but never the muscovy ducks.
Wild Iguana Relaxing ()
Wild Iguana Relaxing
Something evil comes this way ()
Upcoming thunderstorm at PaaMul Beach, PaaMul, Quintana Roo, Mexico [Yucatan Peninsula]
Peace Lily ()
Delray Sunrise ()
All you have to do in South Florida is show up and the sky does the rest.
Soon to fly away ()
These are the 5 swallows I had sent in weeks ago-- they are on beam in basement of new house-- & have out-grown the nest- mom added more mud to area next to nest & I feel very soon they will vacate the basement and fly away. The back one is a bit out of focus.
Sunburst at Sunset ()
I used f-22 at 1/640 shutter speed to create this sunburst effect.
Bastille Day Paris 2008 ()
Shoshone Falls Sunday July 13, 2008 ()
Additional photos close up and without zoom
A Gift From God ()
What a magnificent sunset tonight. I was truly a gift. It morphed every other moment. This is one of the last shots I took.
Serenity ()
Enjoying the view to the east of logan's pass
Yellowness I. ()
Baby Snowshoe Hare ()
High fives ()
Welcome to Coyote Hills! My name's Mr. Congeniality and I'll be your guide today.... :)
A Kitty Portrait ()
Ain't She Grand? ()
#734 - 2-8-0 Consolidation of the Western Maryland Scenic Railway, Cumberland, MD
Lightning Lake Ontario ()
Lightning hits freighter on Lake Ontario
Michigan lilies ()
Sunshine down into the Valley ()
About 25 miles into glacier national park from the west entrance, the road begins to head up to Logan's pass. Along the way you can see the river leading to lake McDonald, a lake that's about 10 miles long at the entrance of the Park
Glacier National Park - Scene 2 ()
The valley on the road to the sun is magnificent.
Beetle Baily ()
High Uintas ()
First light on Bald Mtn and Wilson Peaks in Uinta National Forest Utah.
If I have done my research correctly, this dragonfly resting in the light of a twi-light sky, would be a male
Only the Shadow Knows for Sure ()
The red Belly returned for a visit today. I love the shadows behind the bird.
MATANUSKA GLACIER ()
Glenn Highway, Alaska
Great Horned Owl ()
This is a rescued Great Horned Owl. A family found it and took it in as a pet. It imprinted on them and it thinks it is human. The family had to give it up so they gave it to the Theordore Roosevelt Bird Sanctuary. Beautiful bird.
star trails ()
North Pole star trails from Madonie Mountains (Sicily-Italy)
Distant Storms ()
Some major weather happening somewhere in the distance made for a nice shot on a peaceful evening.
CLOUD PARADE ()
The morning sun highlighted Chimney Rock, East Humboldt Range as dawn clouds streamed outward. The birds woke me up at 5:30am just in time to catch this view from camp.
Vivid Detail ()
I love the color detail on this adult Loon. Sure a change from what they look like when they are young. They had all just surfaced from a dive and still have water droplets sparkling on their feathers.
So Many Flowers....So Little Time! ()
They hurry from flower to flower, trying to absorb all they can during their short lives. Many of the Butterflies have damaged wings, perhaps because they narrowly escaped being lunch for some bird.
Broadtail ()
Chain Lakes Road ()
One of the few times the sun came out and I was in the right place at the right time. This is my favorite shot of my trip - Adirondack Park.
Gray Fox Mom & Kit ()
Just Me & My Mom In The Afternoon Sun
Dinner Date ()
Tree Nymph
Dinner Date ()
Tree Nymph
Broadtail ()
Sipping Nectar ()
This Sphinx Moth is enjoying a little nectar for breakfast.
My Butterfly ()
I was happy to finally get a chance at a butterfly, today.
Another from my bear view last evening.
Upper Mesa Falls ()
Vacation ()
A summers day in the south west
Life in Lamoille ()
Living life in the country is never taken for granted.
done working! ()
Summer impression ()
Sun Spots? ()
No, just the clouds passing over the sun at sunset, on a misty evening in July
Rushing stream at the Chicago Forks ()
Peacock Butterfly ()
Although this butterfly is resident in the UK, it is not as common as some other species (such as Small Whites, Tortoiseshells, etc). This is arguably the prettiest resident UK butterfly, and has stunning colouration.
Cone Flowers ()
Alpine Wildflowers ()
at Angel Lake, East Humboldt Range
Limenitis Arthemis Astyanax ()
Otherwise known as a "Red Spotted Purple" Thanks to everyone who mailed me with the answer and for examples of great sites I can visit to research further little creatures I find.
Cone Flowers ()
Riding the rails! ()
Alaska Railroad shortly after leaving Girdwood Station, heading to Whittier!
Umpqua National Forest- Lower Watson Falls ()
Sun Spots? ()
No, just the clouds passing over the sun at sunset, on a misty evening in July
Albion Basin ()
Located near Alta Ski Resort in Little Cottonwood Canyon, Utah. The display of wildflowers here is quite a spectacle.
High Uintas ()
First light on Bald Mtn and Wilson Peaks in Uinta National Forest Utah.
Alpine Wildflowers ()
at Angel Lake, East Humboldt Range
Fiery Sky ()
Flowers on Crna prst ()
Reflections on Big Moose Lake (BWCAW) ()
Reflections on Big Moose Lake (BWCAW) ()
Lake Park Marina ()
Ruffles ()
Sparkling Violet ear hummingbird
Double Parked ()
Little Red barn ()
Little Rock ()
Spot-winged Glider ()
Pantala hymenaea
Out above the shoals just north of the Pacific Star Winery, and just south of Westport.
Final Resting Place ()
Otter Tail County, MN
Mountain Reflection ()
Just a Sip ()
Sky Dancer ()
There is no manipulation for this shot. Just cropped. She was shot against the evening sky yesterday. My Hummers always get very active at dusk. Female Ruby throated Hummingbird.
Sharing of the small friend ()
This old ranch house ()
This is one of only a handful of structures in Baker Nevada. Its an old ranch house that I'm told is circa 1860s. Drove by it on my way out of the cave, thought I'd take a quick shot.
Thunderstorm passing over Manhattan ()
A heavy sheet of rain is moving in, with Empire State Building already behind it and Chrysler Building about to be.
Beach Lovers ()
Revisited this Panama City Beach sunset
Rainbow ()
Here's one more shot from our mini storm chase this evening. (A mini storm chase is when the storm is not really large and you spend a lot of time trying to get out of the rain so you can take pictures.) A rainbow for good luck for everyone.
Waterfalls ()
Grizzly Bear ()
Spettted this fellow on our drive up Signal MTN, Grand Tetons,WY
Freedom ()
sun going down ()
I am ready ()
green lynx spider, Peucetia viridans
Sitka Sunset 081508 ()
A rare Sitka Sunset this summer.
Freedom ()
River to River Car Cruise, Galesburg, Illinois ()
All these beautiful examples of antique and collector cars were on hand! What a beautiful day. Sunshine and cool breezes.
Gorge at Bighorn Lake ()
We went to see one of the best kept secrets in Montana ... Yellowtail Dam & Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area which is just southeast of Billings, Montana. I never heard of it before ... but oh my is it beautiful! We took a road to see Ok-A-Beh Marina located in the northern part of the recreation area & this was the sight we enjoyed. This is in the Bighorn Canyon
Buttoned Down ()
White Fronted Goose ()
White Fronted Goose standing by a tiny pond.
Malibu Lightning #8 ()
The view from Malibu CA, as a early morning monsoon storm moving north up the coast created a huge lightning show that could be seen from Orange County to Santa Barbara County. Malibu California Friday August 15,2008. AP/Photo Gene Blevins
Moon Jetting ()
This morning at 12 am I was shooting a lightning storm and almost 20hrs later a full moon over Los Angeles. Aug 15,2008. (C)Photo by Gene Blevins/LA Daily News(C)
A path to Kobariski Stol ()
Half Dome, Yosemite Valley ()
Half Dome reflected in the Merced River
Sunset at Pass-a-Grille, Florida ()
One of those beautiful evenings on the beach in Florida where a breeze comes off the Gulf of Mexico with a salty-sweet smell. Oh yes, warm sultry air carressing the skin. Kinda makes you understand why our sunsets are a favorite with lovers and newlyweds.
Zion National Park ()
Zion NP is one of the coolest places I've been. Actually it was the hottest, too, next to Egypt in August. Between 104-106 most of the time. I do think Zion compares to Glacier, in a lot of ways is even prettier. I don't recommend going in August. You know it's hot, when you look at the thermometer and think, wow, 102 degrees, it feels refreshing.
Evening Thunderhead ()
Spectacular sunset over Bull Trout Lake, Idaho.
Indian River Sunrise ()
Tyson Lake Dusk ()
Wolf Creek, Killarney, Ontario
Bad Hair Day... ()
.. sunny's lament.
Lunar Eclipse ()
Partial Eclipse Lunar tonight,
Meade telescope 10"
Wiley Coyote ()
On the way to the Golden Triangle Airport this morning my husband spotted this rather large coyote walking by the edge of the woods. We turned around and went back to get these shots of him. He was not afraid of us and looked up when we blew the horn. He stood there looking at us as we left. Very exciting!
Gifts of Nature... ()
Two beautiful and practically perfect gifts from Mother Nature, the thistle and the butterfly...
This baby Cardinal has not gotten a visit from the head feather fairy yet.
Wildlife on the Silver River. ()
Powell Point (On the road From Brian Head to Boulder) ()
Another photo of Powell Point. Really cool place, I think it's around 10200 feet.
Interestingly, I met a few other bikers on the road, and one guy told me a story of how his BMW had a front fork fell off while riding, and consequently the front wheel went with it. I've heard some whoppers about motorcycles, but this story took the cake :)
Hanging With Earl ()
Great White Egret
Lord Nicolas ()
At Haras Ipero
Iceland south / morning glacier lake ()
Mexican Sunflower... ()
Muldrow Glacier ()
We had the chance to see Denali for 3 separate days in Denali National Park. Here are some pictures of this marvelous mountain
A lonely farm (On the road from Brian Head to Boulder) ()
Just nefore arriving at Mount Powell, I stopped to photograph this farm. Being in a desert, it seemed surprising there would be enough water to farm. It must be a local low point, where the water collects.
Cruising through the fog ()
We have had fog t we could hear the
August Snow ()
Looking south over Hoosier Pass
Least Flycatcher ()
Reader Comments
Viewing: 1 - 27
Please sign in to post comments.
About ozcazz
G'Day ........here I have a chance to show what I love to do capture the beauty of OZ :) Thanks for Looking!!
Tropical Blogs
Tropical Weather Stickers&
Recent Photos
Previous Entries for 2015
Community Activity
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.
Advertise On This Site
Weather Underground has extensive targeting capabilities to fulfill all of your client's advertising needs.}

我要回帖

更多关于 f0rest 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信