ask jones if she shall be at home in time forannual dinnerr

小题1:A小题2:B小题3:D小题4:A小题1:词义猜测题。根据语境可知作者回家去查看证实一切都正常。由于主语是nothing所以该题的正确答案为A.小题2:推断题。有下面的句子可以得出该题的答案。Thank God the kids weren’t with me, because the house was 5 feet deep in water. We lost everything downstairs. We didn’t want to move the children out of home, so we camped upstairs.小题3:推断题。 作者提到I watched a news report about floods in Northern India and thought , “We didn’t have a straw hut(茅草房)that was swept away , and our house is still sanding . We’re lucky .”所以该题的正确答案为D.小题4:作者提到在小木屋中生活一段时间后很怀念原来的邻居和社区,以及最后一段话中还讲到要举行舞会来感激朋友们对自己的帮助等事实可以确定答案为A。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
He wishes the holiday season would end already. His back aches, his red suit feels like a spacesuit, his cheeks have gone tight from smiling for 12 hours — and still the kids keep coming and coming, like ants at a picnic. As Christmas becomes more commercialized (商业化) across the U. S. and Canada, so must Santas. As the holiday begins earlier each year, so must its spokesmen .The questions from children these days are harder than ever. Now, with thousands of children expecting a father or mother serving in Iraq or Afghanistan, the questions are as heart-breaking as they are unanswerable. For example, “Can you please bring Daddy home from the war in time for Christmas morning?”Santas also have a pretty good chance of getting sued (指控). A professional Santa Claus in Canada told a story: A Santa had a girl on his knee, and he commented, “You have nice eyes and nice hair.” The girl later said it was sexual harassment (骚扰). When a Santa feels anxious, he often shows it in the same ways ordinary people do: The Santas were always seen to hang around at the dinner table when the show ended. Many of them just sleep in bed for several days and don’t see other children again.56.In the first paragraph, “spokesmen” refers to&&&&&& . A.businessmen &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.political leaders
C.organisers of the activities &&&&&D.Santa Clauses 57.The passage implies that the job of Santa Claus is&&&&&& . A.well-paid &&&&&& B.very hard &&&&&& C.worth doing && D.dangerous 58.According to the third paragraph, Santas may sometimes be blamed for&&&&&& . A.doing something against the law &&&&&&B.hanging around the dinner table
C.being lazy and sleeping in bed for days &&&&&& D.not playing their roles as expected 59.What would be the best title for the passage? A.Christmas: Not a Good Festival for Santas
B.Is Santa Claus Really Alive? C.A Christmas Story
D.What Does Santa Claus Do for Children?
题型:完形填空
根据对话情景和内容,从对话后所给的选项中选出能填入每一空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。选项中有两个为多余选项。Li Hua,who is planning to travel with his parents,is now calling Hyatt Travel Agency in Xi’an.(A:AssistantL:Li Hua)A:Hello,this is Hyatt Travel Agency.May I help you?L:Yes.This is Li Hua.I’ll have a short holiday,and I’m thinking about travelling abroad with my parents.&& 61&&A:Of course.May I ask how long your holiday will be?L:About a week.A:OK.&& 62&&L:I’d love to go to Europe.A:&& 63&&We have a special offer for European tours.L:Great!&& 64&&A:Sure.For family tours,we have five European cities on the list,and we’ll see the Big Ben in London,the Eiffel Tower in Paris and other places of interest.L:&& 65&&I’ll talk about this with my parents and call you back.Thank you.A:You are welcome.A.What would you like to know?B.You are very lucky.C.What do you have in mind?D.Can you give me some advice?E.That’s just what I am thinking of.F.Can I have some extra information?G.I hope you’ll have a good journey there.
●A 78-year-old grandmother whose education was cut short by the second world war celebrated an A-level with her 50-year-old daughter. Betty Allen and daughter Chris Branton of Sprotbrough, South Yorkshire, opened their results together on TV after completing the UK's only online English A-level course. Mrs Allen received a D and Ms Branton a C ●Actor Holly Grainger, 18, from East Didsbury, Manchester, achieved two As and two Bs. She is a regular face on television screens with roles in Terry Pratchett's Johnny and the Bomb and new legal drama New Street Law. She learned yesterday that she had landed a main part in a new school drama called Waterloo Road ●A teenage hockey star who hopes to play for England in the 2012 Olympic Games won three A-grades. Will Miles, 18, from Formby, Merseyside, who attends Merchant Taylors' school in Crosby, plans to study maths at Manchester University&● Andrew Nowell, a student at Nottingham high school, got five grade As, including one of the top five marks in the country for his design and technology paper. He won the Young Engineers for Britain contest this year with an invention he produced for his Design and Technology A-Level - a "remote control and security interface system". He is off to Cambridge to study engineering . ● Jed McQueen Jones got A grades in chemistry, maths and physics, despite being diagnosed with a brain tumour in 2003 and being hospital for three months. Jed, a pupil at Richard Huish College in Taunton, restarted A-levels in September 2004 and continued chemotherapy(化疗)into that Christmas. He is going to Exeter University on a science scholarship to study physics.1. How did Betty Allen learn English and complete the course?
A. On TV&&&& B. On the Internet&&&&& C. By herself&&& D. Through her daughter2. The underlined word “landed” in Paragraph Two means_______. A. moved down&& B. arrive at &&C. catch up&&&& D. got successfully3. Which of the following statements is WRONG according to the passage? A. She and her daughter were invited to appear online to celebrate. B. Her daughter did worse than her in the English A-level course. C. They completed the English A-level course on the internet. D. Betty Allen’s education was stopped by the Second World War.4. What really made Andrew Nowell prouder and more successful? A. getting five grade As. B. an invention. C. his study on engineering D. His job as an engineer5. The best title of the passage is probably_________ A. Super students and their achievements B. Super gifts account for great achievements C. Hard work results in success D. Star pupils and super students
信息匹配(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)首先请阅读下列深圳书城的畅销书的封面及基本信息:A.ForewordThe Antidepressant Survival Guide: Beat
the Side Effects of Your Medicationby Robert J. Hedaya, M.D,Robert J. Hedaya, M.D., is a clinical
professor of psychiatry at Georgetown University Hospital's Department of
Psychiatry.Motto: Live well.B.How Fear Limits UsOn Becoming Fearless... in Love, Work,
and Lifeby Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington was raised in Greece
by her fearless mother. She has written this book for her two daughters in
the hope that they will lead fearless lives.Motto: Overcome the obstacle, get over
the next hill.C.Determination: How to Set Goals and Go After ThemFight Your Fear and Winby Don Greene, Ph.D.Don Greene, Ph.D., was a nationally
ranked high school diver. He was the sports psychologist for the U.S. Olympic
Diving Team.Motto: Determination is drive.D.The Anger BusinessAnger : The Misunderstood Emotionby Carol Tavris, Ph.D.Carol Tavris, Ph.D., was senior editor.
she now teaches from time to time in the department of psychology at UCLAMotto: Reduce Stress!&E.In the Presence of DangerThe Gift of Fearby Gavin de BeckerDavin de Becker, America’s leading expert
on violence, is the bestselling author of the Gift of Fear: Survival Signals.Motto: Trust and act on our straight
instincts.F.Moving from Fear to FreedomTransforming Anxiety, Transcending Shameby Rex Briggs, M.S.W.REX BRIGGS, M.S.W., has been a selected
speaker at the National Anxiety Disorders Association of America’s
conferences since 1986.Motto: Weaken anxiety&下面是这些书的简要内容,请匹配相关的书名。56.This useful, popular book shows that if you are gone broke and lose love, please hold yourself back. If you look fat, just face it calmly. If you are in survival thinking, the most important is that you get rid of all the difficulties in front of us, life will be safe, perfect. If your daughters are to take their rightful place in society, they must become fearless.57.In this book, the author calls the nation’s leading experts on violent behavior, and shows you how to spot even tiny signs of danger before it’s too late. Most violent acts are unpredictable. It points out that true fear is often a signal that can save your life. Believe the threat of violence surrounds us every day. But we can protect ourselves by straight judgment.58.This book based on his years of clinical experience. It says about twenty-five million Americans take medicine to avoid depression. Despite the advances in the treatment of depression in recent years, many patients, even with the best medical care, feel that they are not living rich and fulfilling lives. This book will direct you how to survive well.59.This interesting book tells us that annoyance is as much a political matter as a biological one. And anger is a definite message: Pay attention to me. I don’t like what you are doing. Restore my pride. You’re in my way. Give me justice. This book suggests that when you’re angry, just let it right out.60.This valuable book states that nervousness has become a constant factor in today’s society like a sign of the times, but it is sometimes difficult to recognize the effects of anxiety on our mental health. The only way to feel better about ourselves is to go out and do it.
My grandfather came from Hungary and was the only one in his family who settled down in the United States. The rest of his family remained in Europe. When World War I broke out, he seemed to have become another man, downhearted. Such obvious change was not born out of concern for his welfare, but out of fear: if his only son, my uncle, had to go to war, it would be cousin fighting against cousin. One day in 1918, my Uncle Milton received his draft notice. My grandparents were very upset. But my mother, at the age of 10, felt on top of the world about her soldier brother going off to war. Realizing how he was regarded by his little sister and all of her friends, my uncle bought them all service pins, which meant that they had a loved one in the service. All the little girls were delighted. The moment came when my uncle and the other soldiers, without any training but all in uniforms, boarded the train. The band played and the crowd cheered. Although no one noticed. I’m sure my grandmother had a tear in her eye for the only son. The train slowly pulled out, but not about a thousand yards when it suddenly paused. Everyone stared in wonder as the train slowly returned to the station. There was a dead silence before the doors opened and the men started to step out. Someone shouted, “The war is over!” For a moment, nobody moved, but then the people heard someone bark orders at the soldiers. The men lined up in two lines, walked down the steps, and with the band playing, marched down the street, as returning heroes, to be welcomed home. My mother said it was a great day, but she was just a little disappointed that it didn’t last a tiny bit longer. 小题1:What the grandfather was most worried about was ______. A.the spread of the world warB.the safety of his two cousins C.a drop in his living standardsD.his relatives killing each other小题2:The underlined phrase “draft notice” means “______”. A.order for army serviceB.train ticket for Europe C.letter of rejectionD.note of warning小题3:What did the “service pins”(in Para. 2) stand for in the eyes of the little girls? A.Strength.B.Courage.C.Victory.D.Honor.小题4:Which of the following words can best describe the ending of the story? A.Disappointing.B.Unexpected.C.Uncertain.D.Inspiring.
Dear Florence,We arrived in India last week, and the voyage was the worst experience of my entire life. I’m lucky to be alive!The first part of the journey was terrible, because the ship hit bad weather almost as soon as we left Liverpool. But much, much worse was to come. Later, we were involved in a collision with another boat and we had to abandon ship!We had been at sea for about two weeks and we were in the Mediterranean. There is now a canal between the Mediterranean and the Red Sea called the Suez Canal, which opened last year. Our boat stopped at Port Said, the Egyptian port at the entrance to the canal. I remember looking through the porthole of my cabin and wishing that I could go ashore and visit this fascinating place, but mummy had ordered that I was to stay in the cabin because I was feeling ill. “you must stay here for at least another two days.” I remember her saying. How wrong she would turn out to be! The ship left the port and headed towards the canal . I was alone in the cabin and I watched the port disappear into the distance. Suddenly there was a loud bang, followed by the most awful crunching(嘎吱的)sound, and the ship shook and turned slightly on its side.There was an eerie silence for a moment, then people started shouting. Mummy came running into the cabin and told me that we had collided with another boat. She took my hand and we ran along the deck towards the lifeboats. There was a lot of shouting and people were running everywhere, but the crew were all acting calmly, helping people into the lifeboats and telling people not to panic.Well, clearly we survived, as did all the passengers and crew of the ship. The other boat wasn’t so lucky. It sank and several lives were lost.I will write about the rest of the journey soon. Please give my love to Aunt Claire and Uncle Eric.Your loving cousin, Jane56.小题1:When was the letter written?A.Before the author went to India.B.In the mid – 19th century.C.When the author arrived in Egypt.D.Just after the author arrived in India.57.小题2:Why was the journey to India such a bad experience for the author?A.She was sick when it started and nearly died in Egypt.B.Her ship left England in bad weather and crashed into another ship near the Suez Canal.C.She was seasick when her ship sank.D.She was alone when her ship hit another boat and she got sick.58.小题3:The author’s mother didn’t allow her to go ashore and visit the port city, Said because&&&&&&.A.she was homesick at that timeB.she didn’t feel very well thenC.she could meet some danger ashoreD.she could see the city through the porthole on board59.小题4:The underlined phrase “eerie silence” in the sixth paragraph means&&&&&&&&&.A.pleasant calm silenceB.long peaceful silenceC.sudden long silenceD.strange uncomfortable silence
Mrs. Janes gave music lessons at a school. She had a good voice and enjoyed singing, except that some of her high tones sound like a gate that had forgotten to oil. Mrs. Janes knew her weakness well, and took every chance she could find to practise these high notes. As she lived in a small house, where she could not practise without disturbing the rest of the family, she usually went for long walks along the country roads whenever she had time and practised her high notes there. Whenever she heard a car or a person coming along the road, she stopped and waited until she could no longer be heard before she started practicing again, because she was a shy person. One afternoon, a fast, opened car came up behind her so silently and so fast that she didn’t hear it until it was only a few yards from her. She was singing some of her highest and most difficult tones at that time a she saw an anxious expression came over the driver’s face. He stopped his car suddenly, jumped out and began to examine all his tyres carefully. Mrs. Janes didn’t dare to tell him what the noise he had heard really was, so he got back into the car and drove off. 小题1: How did Mrs. Janes sing? A.She sang well, but she didn’t practise singing hard. B.She enjoyed singing, but she had a terrible voice. C.She was a good singer, but she could not sing the high tones well. D.She sang terribly, she was no singer at all.小题2:Why did she go for long walks along the country roads? A.Because she enjoyed the country’s fresh air. B.Because she was afraid to disturb the rest of the family. C.Because she lived in a small house far away. D.Because she was afraid to practise the high tones.小题3: Why did the driver stop his car suddenly and jump out of it? A.Because he supposed something must have gone wrong with his car. B.Because he was moved by the pretty voice of Mrs. Janes. C.Because he wondered what had happened to Mrs. Janes. D.Because he frightened by the terrible voice of Mrs. Janes.小题4: Where did the noise come from? A.From the small house.B.From Mrs. Janes’ voice. C.From the types.D.From the engine.
One evening, Mr Green was driving his car along a lonely country road. He had ___1___ $10 000 from the bank in town. Suddenly a man in rags stopped him and asked for ___2___. Mr Green told him to get on and continued his way. ___3___ he talked to the man, he ___4___ that he had just broken out of prison. Mr Green was very afraid at the ___5___ of the money. Suddenly he saw a police-car and had a ___6___ idea. He ___7___ speed and drove as quickly as possible. Then he found the police-car running ___8___ him. After a mile ___9___ the police-car passed him and ordered him to stop. A policeman came up. Mr Green had hoped to tell him about the trouble but the man put a gun to Mr Green’s ___10___.The policeman said he wanted Mr Green’s name and ___11___ and Mr Green obeyed. The policeman wrote it down in his notebook and put it in his ___12___. “You ___13___ appear at the police station. “ He said. Then he talked to Mr Green about ___14___ driving. Mr Green started up his car again. He had ___15___ all hope of his £10,000, but as he reached a more lonely part, the robber said he wanted to ___16___. Mr Green stopped and the man said. “___17___. You’ve been ___18___ to me. This is what I can do in ___19___.” And he handed Mr Green the policeman’s ___20___, which was stolen while the policeman was talking to Mr Green.1. A. taken&&&&& B. held&&& C. brought&&&&& D. drawn2. A. money&&& B. help&&& C. a lift&& D. a ride3. A. As&& B. Since& C. Then&& D. Because4. A. recognized&&&& B. learned&&&&&& C. supposed&&& D. expected5. A. sight&&&&& B. idea&&& C. touch& D. thought6. A. fast B. bright C. strange&&&&&& D. bad7. A. put on&&& B. got on C. took on&&&&& D. had on8. A. behind&&& B. with&&& C. after&& D. beside9. A. and so&&& B. or so&& C. and so on&& D. or so on10. A. head&&&& B. shoulder&&&& C. back&& D. neck11. A. number B. home& C. place&& D. address12. A. car&&&&&& B. pocket C. hand&& D. trousers13. A. shall&&&& B. will&&& C. would D. need14. A. careful& B. normal&&&&&& C. drunk& D. dangerous15. A. held out&&&&&&
B. build up&& C. given up&&&& D. turn over16. A. run away&&&& B. break away C. set out D. get out17. A. I’m sorry&&&&
B. You’re welcome&&&&& C. That’s all right&& D. Thank you18. A. kind&&&& B. polite& C. known&&&&&& D. necessary19. A. all
B. fact&& C. return D. the end20. A. gun&&&&& B. pen&&&& C. money&&&&&& D. notebook2014年高考英语新题型之语法填空专练112篇(含答案)_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
喜欢此文档的还喜欢
2014年高考英语新题型之语法填空专练112篇(含答案)
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢she would rather spend time ____at home than ____in the park( read ,jog)take the food that they also want for yourselftake the food that they want for thanks_百度作业帮
she would rather spend time ____at home than ____in the park( read ,jog)take the food that they also want for yourselftake the food that they want for thanks
she would rather spend time __reading__at home than __jog__in the park( read ,jog)句意意思是:她宁愿花时间在家里阅读,也不去跑步.would rather do sth.than do sth.:宁愿做某事,而不愿做某事.spend doing:花费时间做某事.不明白欢迎来求助.多谢了!
(reading,jog ) would rather do sth than do sth宁愿做某事,而不愿做某事等于:would do sth rather than do sth =prefer doing sth to doing sth=prefer to do sth rather than do sth
reading,jogspend v-ing,would rather do…than…do}

我要回帖

更多关于 annual dinner 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信