Your Computer CHIP Fan Fall orfan speedd two low***

Do you like knowing the latest, greatest, super-cool gadget? Are you a gadget head?
Be cool in school! Do you dig knowing the sweet sites, great gadgets, & the current buzzwords? Like fabulous freebies? Don’t have the time to read every journal, wiki, blog, ning, tweet, or plurk, but still don’t want to be left out in the techie chat cold? This is an ongoing collection of (hopefully!) the latest & greatest stuff to turbo charge your Library Media Program or classroom.
Please visit the companion wikipage -
for websites, widgets & sites that go the distance!
Is Best Buy Your Best Buy?
Quick Advice About Where to Buy
Find your best price, google search, read the reviews....& ask people! ...honestly though? i usually end up buying from
because i like the reviews and the price is usually only a few cents off from a 15 min search for a lower price....and if the thing does NOT work the customer service is so good that i feel safe being a bit daring...finally, sometimes you'll just have to take a chance..be fearless!..and keep your shipping label and paperwork! and please, go back and ADD to the review your thoughts and discoveries...because that's how we ALL learn!!
BEST BUY ALERT: sometimes you gotta just have it NOW! .....you need that instant *techie* gratification... i know, it's ok...i've been there! but do your homework! until they change this bass-ackwards policy the prices online at BEST BUY ARE SOMETIMES (ALMOST ALWAYS) CHEAPER! print out the page with the price and bring it with you!! (after you check to see that it's in the store....LOVE that feature!).....to get that price you have to show your print out to Customer Service....if you go up to the cashier with it they will just send you to customer service.....NOW....IF YOU FORGET to print it out....before you make a BIG PURCHASE....ask the sales asst. to look up the price online - YES in the store! ask nice, smile and they'll do it! YAY! (BUT make sure the URL has < and NOT some fake intranet page) once you determine that they're on the < site have them print out the page with the LOWER price and Voila!! ...that
broke ,....and they are once more in the news with the &
Wireless Solar Apple Keyboard
(Yes, there's a WIN, one too) No Batteries Needed!
$179.99 Bluetooth mega powerful AWEsome speaker for iPad, iPhone, Android, Laptop...basically ANYthing with Bluetooth. Instant pairing with no software needed! Long lasting batteries - this little speaker sounds like a flippin huge boombox! Available in many colours - of course I got RED!
Right now special ONE DAY FREE Shipping!
Wireless portable speaker in red connects with mobile phones, computers, tablets, iPods, or any other Bluetooth deviceSeamlessly stream and share music, movies, games, phone, and conference calls anywhereTwo highly powerful acoustic drivers and ultra-small dome produce a wide audio spectrumCan be updated with apps, software and new features via Jawbone's MyTalk portalUp to 10 hours of power from internal rechargeable batteryJAMBOX by Jawbone is the smallest, best-sounding wireless speaker and speakerphone around. Just place it anywhere in a room and enjoy pristine streaming audio from your phone, computer, or other Bluetooth devices. Bring music, movies, and all your mobile audio vibrantly to life--all in the palm of your hand
Angry Birds Speaker Docks!
(click image above for Mashable article & buying info)
Presentation Devices & Office Toys
&It’s hard to get real excited about a presentation remote but they are definitely a must if you do any type of projected presentations through a and this looks like one of the better ones. The remote uses RF to wirelessly connect from up to 100 feet away so you’re not having to walk back next to your laptop every time you need to change a slide. It also features mouse and volume control, a laser pointer, a button to turn off the display to bring the attention away from the scree when needed and you can power the thing off when you’re not using it to save on the AAA batteries. One really nice added feature is that the little RF receiver fits into the end of the remote when not in use so you can always find it when you need it. it might not improve your public speaking skills but you can at least have your gear looking like a pro.& Read another great
GJ notes: Good for both MAC and PC and no software required! LOVES it!!
Livescribe
4GB Pulse Smartpen - NEW~!! Just got this & can't wait to use it in my media center for Tap & Go Audio book reviews! See my
wikipage for more!
Capture Everything
The Pulse smartpen records audio and links it to what you write. Missed something? Tap on your notes
No Need to Lug the Laptop
The Pulse smartpen automatically captures everything as you write and draw. Transfer your notes to your computer, organize them, and even search for words within your notes. Find what you want in seconds.
Share Your Notes
Transform your notes and audio into interactive movies. Upload your creations online for everyone to see, hear and play.
Record and link audio to what you writeListen to your recordings by tapping on what you wroteSearch and share your notes and recordings from your computer
VuPoint Solutions Wireless Magic Wand Portable Scanner (PDS-ST410-VP)
available on
for $96.93
from : &The biggest drawback with thick books or albums is the fact that their size makes it almost impossible to scan their contents. Easing out this hitch is the very portable and VuPoint Solutions Magic Wand Scanner. It’s fast and so easy to use. To scan a high resolution colored page it takes about 28 seconds, 14 seconds for a high resolution black and white page and 8 seconds for low resolution color and finally 4 seconds low resolution for Black and white. It can store as many as hundreds of images onboard and scans at resolutions up to 600x600dpi while the default resolution remains 300x300dpi.
The scanner has an automatic white balance, utilizes USB 2.0 and is compatible with PC or Mac. The accessory kit includes a USB cable, 2 x AA alkaline batteries, OCR software CD, pouch and cleaning cloth. The VuPoint Solutions Magic Wand Scanner sells for $99.& Watch a ! BTW, I bougth this for my personal use and it was EASY and AWEsome! See examples of wand scans of my embarrassing teenage photos on my . No snickering!
Motion Sensored Digital Photo frame displaying kids working, resources, & our special programs!
, Deluxe frame that turns ON/OFF automatically when it senses you nearby. 2GB memory, Video, Music, Photos & Rechargeable Battery by
Around $99.00 on
Like the blue/green plasma globe in the back? Get it for around
This is a fav FUN preso of mine that I constantly update & refresh!
Conference Peeps! Go Back to my
ZAGGmate Apple iPad Accessory Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for Apple iPad
ZAGGmate with keyboard uses a 510 mAh rechargeable lithium polymer battery that will last several weeks of normal use without charging.Aircraft-grade aluminum with a bead-blasted, anodized finish that matches the iPad. Military grade high-density padding for superior drop protectionInnovative hinge provides ten angles for viewing and typing in both portrait and landscape modeEmbedded wireless Bluetooth physical keyboard. Special function keys for music control, volume control, slideshow, home, search, etc.Whats in the box: ZAGGmate, MicroUSB cable for charging, Quickstart guide, Four rubber feet (optional)
Camera's - Digital & Video
Digital Camera Du Jour - Sony Cybershot
- AVERAGE Price:$144.81
you don't really NEED 12.1 megapixels or even 14! ....i mean, really. 5 or 7 are fine for school use (you're not making lifesize posters are you?) but when it's at this price, why the heck not!
it's only $129 on ....and no, you don't have to get Pink! LOL
if you need more camera buying info, why not visit my other wikpage?
Flip-Mino-Camcorder-Minutes-Black (NOT the HD version!)
Yes, i still LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Flip!!
BUT 4/13/11......
Cisco Decides to Shut down the production of the Flip! :-(
Check the daily Amazon price...today it came up as:
- Pure Digital Technologies, Inc.
I also have a ....
i will resist the expected &i've flipped over the flip& (cause i've already used that!)
....but just barely because admittedly, i have!
we (beth singleton GT teacher and yours truly) wrote a
last year lo get these handy little cameras into the hands of our kids...they're awesome!
new version includes a long lasting &Internal Lithium-ion battery that recharges when built-in USB arm is connected to a computer&
Forget ever having to say &I wish you could have been there& again. Starting today, there’s Flip Video — a revolutionary, simple way to shoot video anywhere ...
Jeff Hastings my tech guru said
but honestly....? i don't think in the day to day needs of the classroom or Media Center you really NEED HD....as Jeff said & Before choosing the Flip MinoHD—or any HD camera—ask yourself if you want to spend the extra money, deal with fatter files, and suffer the slower uploads that come with the territory. If you go with the MinoHD, consider customizing it with your school or library logo.&
Extras: The Wide angle lens (thanks to who I met at the METC Conf!
Don't have much Money? Check out The Digital Wish!
Digital Wish Grants · Grants Library · Printable Flyers ... Find a School ... Sandie McGehee has bought Flip UltraHD(TM) 1 Hour Video Camera 2-for-1 for Kyle ...
Whatever you do, whether you buy the Flip or the Small Wonder (see below) make sure you buy an extension
you don't *NEED* it but it makes life so much easier!
& the Flip works with iMovie!!...just make sure to download the included Flip software (inside the camera!) before you try and import the files into iMove...it doesn't have to be *ON* just there..
why? i don't know...i just know it DOES work and the RCA Small Wonder does NOT with iMovie
With the RCA Small Wonder, there is no easier way to share and save the moments worth remembering.
Two differences i've found in these cameras with side-by-side video experimenting. RCA small wonders ALL come with tripod attachment ability on the bottom(not all flips do, early ones didn't -make sure yours does!)...
and the RCA Small Wonder has the viewer abilit to turn towards you for easy Vlogging! (PLEASE FLIP!! copy that feature! pretty please!!!!) but what RCA doesn't have is the ability to easily use with iMovie...and as a MacGrrl...i gotta have that!
Still on the fence? Can't decide between the Flip and the Small Wonder?
Watch SLJ gadget dude Jeff Hasting's !
Click his pic below:
Blue Microphones Snowflake USB Microphone
Professional quality portable USB for recording on the goUnique design fits on your desktop or laptopPerfect for podcasting, internet telophony, voice recognition software, movie narration, musicCompatible with Mac and PC; plug-and-play, requires no additional driversIncludes USB cable
Belkin Mini Surge Protector Dual USB Charger
360-degree rotating plug with 4 locking positionProvides complete surge protection through all outletsOffers compact, lightweight, efficient designFeatures mini-USB cable to charge virtually any USB device including BlackBerry(R) and Motorola(R) RAZR phonesComes with Lifetime Product and $75,000 Connected Equipment Warranties
4-Port FOUR High Speed Multiple Color USB 2.0 Hub
with Shipping:$1.79
Universal Apple iPod USB Charger Kit - USB Retractable Hotsync Cable - USB Home Travel Charger - USB 12V Cigarette Lighter Charger
Compatible with Dock Enabled iPods - iPod 3G, 4G, iPod Mini, iPod Photo, iPod nano, iPod (video)Power to the music with a car charger adapter that allows using your iPod on the roadCompact design and retractable coil cord are made for easy storageIC Chip Technology to prevent back-flow current and your iPod from excessive electrical loadsCoil cable length: 31.5&
USB Twister Hub
o 180 degree revolving hub
o Aluminum case body
o Red LED indicator
o Support high power consumption products such as printer
o Size: 106x20x20mm
o Weight: 46g
o Specification:
o Transfer Speed: 480Mbps (USB 2.0/HS), 12Mbps (USB 1.1/FS), 1.5Mbps (USB 1.1/LS)
o Interface: USB 2.0/1.1
o Support OS: Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP, Mac OS X (USB 2.0 upgrade PCI card is required)
USB Hub with On/Off Swtiches
It’s been over a year since I first
of a USB hub that would let you switch each port on or off. To save energy, avoid peripherals from waking up each time you fire up your PC or simply because you won’t be needing the USB missile launcher today. Soon after that, , but it wasn’t quite what I had envisioned.
seems to have done a far better job, with what look to be decent switches and a power supply in case you need to connect things that need the full 500 mW of power that USB can supply. I’m sure I wasn’t the first person to think of this, especially since the Brando came out a month after my blog post. But it’s nice to see the idea catch on.
Presentation Devices
Using the Wii Mote to Make ANY Surface a Whiteboard
Ok you gadget heads and hackers....can't afford a white board but you like to put things together? for about $100 bucks you can have your own interactive white board using the Wiimote!
Features in a nutshell
Open sourceRuns on Mac OS X, Windows, and LinuxSimple User Interface available in English, French, German, Portuguese, and SpanishAuto-connects up to 2 WiimotesCamera Monitor and Calibration Details for better Wiimote placementRight-click support, double-click assistanceMouse cursor smoothingScreen selectionTouchpad ModeUpdate notification/OSC support for multitouch applications
for MAC USers please See
(also has links to other Wiki's about this, and other tech tips)
For PC Users and Tweaky Tech Tips Check out the Original
I will be adding more links here later, as things develop and in case you're wondering, no...i haven't done this yet...but it's only a matter of time! LOL ~gwyneth
Don't wanna hack and try the Wiimote Whiteboard? Check out the Interwrite Pad!
Other Related Links:
eBooks & Translators
SuperPen Translator
by Wizcom SP1000V-
Good for translating English into Spanish and back again. But wait!!!...! some people love it some hate it apparently for what most want it to do ...it works great! however, the software included stinks
...and it's PC only! (boo hiss! says the MAC fan!) here are some advice that came up:
1) You have to get used to holding the pen in correct position so that the content can be properly scanned.
2) You gotta run the SuperPen over the printed text slowly or it will garble the data
3) Will NOT work well if you want to scan data off magazines with glossy pages.
GJ---LOVE these! i think that they are WELL worth the price! CD's scratch, get lost (though recorded books will sell you a replacement single CD!)
and they require a cd player or computer....whereas the playaway is all inclusive! and you can also connect computer speakers up to the playaway so that classrooms can listen to the book, too! so, though it seems initially expensive, in the long run i think they're worth it!
if you're not convinced by now!
First and foremost i am a librarian.....i LOVE books...the smell the feel, the portability....but let's look at this and see what we can see about it...because i'd be lying if i said i didn't read a lot LOT of text online...cause i do!
Read the review watch the video and think about it...
Kindle - The Latest Generation: a Revolutionary Way to Read
In 2008, when i preached about this holy gadget ...i mean about the Kindle, it was $399...last spring it was the
and it was $359....
Last fall it was the NEW
and it's $259 with a 6& display - I have a 9& Kindle DX -- but now I want the new
3G browsing for $189 - Battery life - a MONTH!
Soon...Color!
Griffin Simplifi Dock for iPod and iPhone, Media Card Reader, and USB Hub in One Device (Aluminum)
Charge/sync hub for dock connector iPod models, and, through its built-in USB ports, with 1st and 2nd generation iPod shuffleReads and writes the most popular digital media cards, including Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, SD, xD and CF (CompactFlash)2-port powered USB hub, using included AC adapterA simple, versatile way to de-clutter your desktop
&Sure, portable media players, PSPs, and cell phones can play video, but what if you want to watch something longer than a movie trailer or more compelling than a music video? What if, dare I say it, you could choose the content you watched while on the go? A product like the V-Mate Memory Card Recorder—which captures incoming video onto a memory card and has a programmable timer and the ability to change channels—harkens back to the VCR. But, in this digital age, SanDisk has made the experience far more graceful. Much of the work is already done, thanks to a series of onboard profiles for various playback devices. All you need to do is set the recording parameters according to the type, brand, and model of the player you'll be connecting the V-Mate to (rather than the individual file format). This frees Joe Cell Phone from worrying about the correct codec for his particular hardware.& Read the
Kingston 19-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader
$ My NEW LOW Price Favourite!
Kingston's new Media Reader moves files seamlessly from a digital device to your computer. It supports 19 card types, including SD, MMC and CF formats. With the self-contained USB cable and an additional 3-foot cable for stationary use, it's easy to travel with and backed by a two-year warranty and 24/7 tech support.
I LOVE this gadget!! i use it all the time...and the single one, too!
SanDisk ImageMate 12-in-1 Card Reader/Writer (you can pick it cheaper online now).
&Billed as a 'Hi-Speed USB 2.0' device, the reader/writer can actually read a grand total of 19 formats, which are (takes deep breath):
1. CompactFlash
2. CompactFlash II
6. miniSDHC
7. MultiMediaCard
8. MMCplus
9. MMCmobile
10. RS-MMC
11. RS-MMC Dual Voltage
12. Memory Stick
13. Memory Stick Duo
14. Memory Stick PRO
15. Memory Stick PRO Duo
16. SmartMedia
18. xD Type M
19. xD Type H
In use, the SanDisk did exactly what it said on the tin, transferring images from every card we threw at it, all zipping across at a fair rate of knots without any problems. A handy status orange light tells you that the unit is connected to a USB port, while a green light acts as confirmation that a card has been inserted in each slot. This blinks when data is being transferred.& Read the
Do NOT be lured by the NEW (and slightly LESS expensive) Sleek Black one! Looks cool....work great? Not so much!
From the Amazon Review site:
2.0 out of 5 stars Fast reader, external mechanical design needs help, February 27, 2009
The internal and electronic operations are excellent. However, it seems this is the case when the aesthetics of the design have overridden the utility of the device. I have two criticisms:
1. The totally black color makes it difficult to see the slots. The identification of the sl I measured it: perhaps 3.6 point type.
2. the light weight stand attaches magnetically to the card reader. Because the stand is so light the slightest movement will knock over the card reader and the stand.
The card reader looks nice but the practicality of the design makes it difficult to use.
It looks to me that if there were design debates between those controlling the aesthetics and those controlling the ergonomics and utility, the aesthetic people won. The result is an attractive design but one that is very difficult to use.
Elmo Document Camera
Product Description
&ELMO introduces the TT-02S Teachers Tool, a presentation solution that enables you to bring the same exciting visual technology into your classroom presentations for the benefit of your students. Research shows that stimulating visual displays are easily grasped, retained and absorbed by students. Whether a scientifically based instructional program or math lesson, the TT-02S will gain the attention you need to achieve positive results.&
Behringer unveils, at the NAMM Show 2007, PODCASTUDIO USB BUNDLE - everything you need for professional podcasting, music production and digital home recording.
Get a full recording studio &out of the box& including:
High-resolution 2 In / 2 Out USB audio interface with plug-and-play for Windows XP and Mac OS X operating systemsStudio-class 5-input 2-bus mixer with premium mic preamp and 2-band &British& EQDynamic broadcast-style microphone with 2-stage pop filterHigh-performance studio headphones with ultra-wide frequency responseTable microphone stand, XLR microphone cable and 2 stereo RCA cablesPowerful DAW software (Kristal Audio Engine multi-track sequencer and Audacity audio editor)Comprehensive podcasting software (Podifier, Juice, PodNova, Golden Ear)
GJ- But honestly? i just use GarageBand for all of my podcasting....ever since my beloved ODEO went borky!
Sometimes the best gadgets are online! FREE (or cheap) sites that make your life more interesting, or provide a service that is just so cool you gotta share it. These are those sites. The Web 2.0 Tools site below has even MORE cool thingsi just had to share them with you!
Learn about cool websites that offer AWESOME gadgets and resources on the and a sampling below!
..Keep up on all the cool news!
Older Gadgets that i don't want to delete but also not feature up top...
License Plate Flash Frame
Seen on I Want That! Tech Toys (HITEC-104)
Available at
Sources & References
Web 2.0 Tools Site adapted from a Selena Ward
site - Notes from the 2009 MICCA ConferenceNotes from the 2008 MICCA conference
Disclaimer about Prices: Prices were good the day i added them to this wiki...however, i've seen prices go up...and go down...all in the same day.
i can only do my best....so don't yell at me if a price has gone up or a &gadget& is now not available. Thanks!
(C)gwyneth anne bronwynne jones
Javascript Required
You need to enable Javascript in your browser to edit pages.
Loading...}

我要回帖

更多关于 fan speed 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信