We met ____ _____again ______ten years ____. 大约十年后相见,我们再次相见

欢迎来到高考学习网,
免费咨询热线:010-
今日:4101套总数:5736483套专访:3201部会员:341765位
当前位置:
& 2017届高考英语一轮复习考点真题演练:Section 14 完形填空之夹叙夹议文(含解析)
2017届高考英语一轮复习考点真题演练:Section 14 完形填空之夹叙夹议文(含解析)
资料类别: /
所属版本: 通用
上传时间:
下载次数:7次
资料类型:
文档大小:543KB
所属点数: 0点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0 点,】
资料概述与简介
Section 14 完形填空
夹叙夹议文
【命题探究】
此类文章往往是高考中较难的题目,也是最易造成失分的一种文章体裁。从近两年的高考完形填空来看,很多的完形填空往往在平
1.先叙述作者自己的某一个生活经历或见闻,然后针对这一事件发表自己对生活的看法,或揭示生活的真理。
2.作者先提出一种观点或看法,然后围绕这一观点或看法用具体的事例加以说明,有时也可能是用几个事例从不同的侧面来说明。
3.提出一种观点或见解,然后用某一事例来阐述这一观点,最后再进一步地总结和升华。
1.对于夹叙夹议类的完形填空,抓住作者要说明的观点或要阐述的生活哲理是做好这一类型题目的关键,而作者叙述所发生的事件或生活经历只是为表达其思想服务的。
2.理清文章的结构,弄清文章是先叙述后揭示哲理或议论,还是先揭示哲理或观点或议论,而后再叙述。
That holiday morning I didn’t have to attend school.Usually,on holidays,Mother__36__me to sleep in.And I would certainly take full advantage of it.On this particular morning,__37__,I felt like getting up early.
I stood by my window overlooking the__38__,having nothing better to do.But as it turned out,I was soon to learn about something__39__in life.
As I watched several people go by,get into their cars and drive off,I__40__an old man on a bicycle with a bucket on its__41__and a basket of rags and bottles on its back-carriage.He__42__ from one car to another,washing and cleaning them.From the water on the ground,it seemed that he had already__43__washing and cleaning about a dozen or more cars.He must have begun to work quite early in the morning.
Several thoughts__44__my mind as I watched him work.He wasn’t well-dressed.He had on a pair of shorts and a(n)__45__T-shirt.The bicycle he rode was not by any means the kind modern__46__ would want to be seen riding on.But he seemed__47__with life.There he was,working hard at his small business,__48__at passers-by and stopping to chat now and then__49__elderly men and women on their way to the market nearby.
There was a noticeable touch of__50__in the way he seemed to be doing things-__51__the windscreen(挡风玻璃),then standi scrubbing(擦净) the wheels and__52__,standing back to see what they looked like after the scrub.
It was a__53__to learn,I felt.At no age need one have to beg for a__54__if one has good health and is willing to work hard.For a while I felt__55__of myself.Young as I am—just sixteen,and there was this old man who must have been usefully engaged perhaps before the sun appeared above the horizon.
36.A.forces
D.forbids
37.A.otherwise
B.therefore
C.however
D.besides
38.A.parking lot
B.bus stop
39.A.interesting
B.surprising
40.A.noticed
B.recognized
D.assisted
41.A.back
42.A.searched
D.wandered
43.A.stopped
B.started
C.intended
D.finished
44.A.crossed
B.slipped
C.disturbed
D.inspired
45.A.attractive
D.expensive
46.A.repairmen
B.businessmen
C.drivers
D.cyclists
47.A.busy
B.content
C.careful
48.A.waving
B.looking
C.laughing
D.pointing
49.A.about
50.A.worry
B.respect
C.sympathy
51.A.cleaning
C.replacing
D.covering
52.A.still
53.A.lesson
B.subject
54.A.business
C.success
55.A.tired
B.doubtful
C.fearful
D.ashamed
答案 36.B 37.C 38.A 39.D 40.A 41.B 42.C 43.D 44.A 45.C 46.D 47.B 48.A 49.C 50.D51.A 52.C 53.A 54.B 55.D
【方法指导】
本文是先叙述后发表议论的夹叙夹议的体裁。
作者看到一位穿着朴素的老人在停车场起劲地擦车,于是心有感触,发表议论,年轻的自己应
1.体会作者的情感态度,先推敲后选择
如第39题作者获得人生有意义的教育,故选择D项useful“有用的”,第42题作者描述老人擦车的认真态度,从一辆车到另一辆车,故选择C项moved。另外还有第44、45、46、47、48、50、55都充分体现了作者的情感态度。
2.利用上下文的逻辑关系解题
高考完形填空最常考的四种逻辑关系是并列、转折、让步、因果,被称为逻辑“四大天王”,几乎每年必考。完形填空需从特定的“情景”意义来选择一个最佳答案
如本篇完形填空第37题,“这个早晨和往常不一样了,作者没睡懒觉,”所以用however表示转折。
3.利用语境共现关系解题
完形填空的文章是一个意义相关联的语篇,围绕一个话题展开,所以在行文中出现语境共现是不可避免的。
如本篇完形填空第38、41、42、46、51题描述老人在停车场的行为。
(2016·全国)
A Heroic Driver
Larry works with Transport Drivers.Inc.One morning in 2009,Larry was __1__along 165 north after delivering to one of his__2__.Suddenly, he saw a car with its bright lights on.__3__he got closer, he found __4__vehicle upside down on the road.One more look and he noticed__5__shooting out from under the__6__vehicle.Larry pulled over, set the brake and__7__the fire extinguisher (灭火器).Two good bursts from the extinguisher and the fire was put out.
The man who had his bright lights on__8__and told Larry he had__9__an emergency call.They__10__heard a woman’s voice coming from the wrecked (毁坏的) vehicle.__11__the vehicle, they saw that a woman was trying to get out of the broken window.They told her to stay__12__until the emergency personnel arrived,__13she thought the car was going to__14__.Larry told her that he had already put out the fire and she should not move__15__she injured her neck.
Once fire and emergency people arrived, Larry and the other man__16__and let them go to work.Then, Larry asked the__17__if he was needed or __18__to go.They let him and the other man go.
One thing is__19__—Larry went above and beyond the call of duty by getting so close to the burning vehicle! His__20__most likely saved the woman’s life.
1.A.walking
B.touring
C.traveling
D.rushing
2.A.passengers
B.colleagues
C.employers
D.customers
3.A.Since
B.Although
B.another
5.A.flames
B.disabled
C.removed
D.abandoned
7.A.got hold of
B.prepared
C.took charge of
D.controlled
8.A.came down
B.came through
C.came in
D.came over
9.A.returned
B.received
D.confirmed
10.A.then
C.finally
11.A.Starting
B.Parking
C.Passing
D.Approaching
12.A.quiet
14.A.explode
B.slip away
C.fall apart
15.A.as if
C.in case
16.A.stepped forward
B.backed off
C.moved on
D.set out
17.A.woman
18.A.forbidden
19.A.for certain
B.for consideration
C.reported
D.checked
20.A.patience
C.efforts
D.promise
(2016·全国)Hundreds of people have formed impressions of you through that little device(装置)on your desk.And they’ve never actually__1__you.Everything they know about you__2__through this device, sometimes from hundreds of miles away.__3__they feel they can know you__4__from the sound of your voice.That’s how powerful the__5__is.
Powerful, yes, but not always__6__.For years I dealt with my travel agent only by phone.Rani, my faceless agent whom I’d never met__7__, got me rock-bottom prices on airfares, cars, and hotels.But her cold voice really__8__me.I sometimes wished to__9__another agent.
One morning, I had to__10__an immediate flight home for a family emergency.I ran into Rani’s office__11__.The woman sitting at the desk,__12__my madness, sympathetically jumped up.She gave me a__13__smile, nodded while listening patiently, and then printed out the__14__immediately.“What a wonderful lady!” I thought.
Rushing out __15__ I called out over my shoulder, “By the way, what’s your name?” “I’m Rani,” she said.I turned around and saw a__16__woman with a big smile on her face waving to wish me a safe trip.I was__17__!Why had I thought she was cold? Rani was, well, so__18__.
Sitting back in the car on the way to the airport, I figured it all out.Rani’s __19__—her warm smile, her nods, her ‘I’m here for you’__20__—were all silent signals that didn’t travel through wires.
1.A.accepted
B.noticed
D.developed
4.A.rather
D.already
5.A.telephone
C.connection
D.impression
6.A.direct
D.accurate
7.A.in person
B.by myself
C.in public
D.on purpose
8.A.annoyed
B.interested
C.discouraged
D.confused
9.A.promote
10.A.arrange
B.postpone
C.confirm
11.A.for the first time
B.at any time
C.from time to time
D.in good time
12.A.expecting
C.testing
D.avoiding
B.comforting
C.familiar
14.A.bill
15.A.hopefully
B.disappointedly
C.gratefully
D.regretfully
16.A.careful
B.serious
C.nervous
D.pleasant
17.A.amused
B.worried
C.helpless
D.speechless
18.A.calm
19.A.forgiveness
B.eagerness
C.friendliness
D.skillfulness
20.A.explanation
B.attitude
C.concept
D.behavior
(2016·江苏高考)Years ago,a critical event occurred in my life that would change it forever.I met Kurt Kampmeir of Success Motivation Incorporation for breakfast.While we were __1__,Kurt asked me,“John,what is your __2__ for personal growth?”
Never at a loss for words,I tried to find things in my life that might __3__for growth.I told him about the many activities in which I was __4__.And I went into a __5__ about how hard I worked and the gains I was making.I must have talked for ten minutes.Kurt __6__ patiently,but then he __7__ smiled and said,
“You don’t have a personal plan for growth,do you?”
“No”,I __8__.
“You know,” Kurt said simply,“growth is not a(n) __9__ process.”
And that’s when it
__10__ me.I wasn’t doing anything __11__ to make myself better.And at that moment,I made the __12__:I will develop and follow a personal growth plan for my __13__.
That night,I talked to my wife about my
with Kurt and what I had learned.I __15__ her the workbook and tapes Kurt was selling.We __16__ that Kurt wasn’t just trying to make a sale.He was offering a
for us to change our lives and achieve our dreams.
Several important things happened that day.First,we decided to
the resources.But more importantly,we made a commitment to
__19__ together as a couple.From that day on,we learned together,traveled together,and sacrificed together.It was a
__20__ decision.While too many couples grow apart,we were growing together.
1.A.working
B.preparing
C.thinking
2.A.suggestion
D.request
3.A.appeal
D.qualify
4.A.involved
B.trapped
5.A.lecture
C.discussion
6.A.calculated
B.listened
D.explained
7.A.eagerly
B.gradually
C.gratefully
D.finally
8.A.admitted
B.interrupted
C.apologized
D.complained
9.A.automatic
C.independent
D.changing
10.A.confused
B.informed
C.pleased
11.A.on loan
B.on purpose
C.on sale
D.on balance
12.A.comment
B.announcement
C.decision
D.arrangement
13.A.life
B.progress
C.performance
D.investment
14.A.contract
B.conversation
C.negotiation
D.argument
15.A.lent
D.offered
16.A.recalled
B.defined
C.recognized
D.declared
17.A.tool
18.A.provide
D.deliver
19.A.grow
B.survive
20.A.difficult
(2015·全国)Where do you go when you want to learn something?School?A friend?A tutor?These are all__1__places of learning.But it may well be that the learning you really want__2__ somewhere else instead.I had the__3__of seeing this first hand on a__4__.
My daughter plays on a recreational soccer team.They did very well this season and so__5__a tournament,which normally was only for more skilled club teams.This led to some__6__experiences on Saturday as they played against teams__7__trained.Through the first two games,her__8__did not get on serious shot on goal.As a parent,I__9__seeing my daughter playing her best,__10__ still defeated.
It seemed that something clicked with the__11__between Saturday and Sunday.When they
__12__ for their Sunday game,they were __13__ different.They had begun to integrate (融合)the kinds of play and teamwork they had __14__ the day before into their __15__.They played aggressively and __16__ scored a goal.
It __17__ me that playing against the other team was a great __18__ moment for all the girls on the team.I think it is a general principle.__19__ is the best teacher.The lessons they
learned may not be__20__what they would have gotten in school,but are certainly more personal and meaningful, because they had to work them out on their own.
1.A.public
B.traditional
C.official
D.special
2.A.passes
3.A.dream
B.holiday
C.weekend
B.entered
C.organized
D.watched
6.A.painful
B.strange
D.practical
9. A.imagined
C.avoided
11.A.girls
B.parents
C.coaches
D.viewers
12.A.dressed
B.showed up
C.made up
D.planned
13.A.slightly
C.basically
D.completely
14.A.seen
15.A.styles
B.training
16.A.even
17.A.confused
C.reminded
18. A.touching
B.thinking
C.encouraging
D.learning
19. A.Experience
B.Independence
C.Curiosity
D.Interest
20.A.harmful to
B.mixed with
C.different from
D.applied to
(2015·浙江高考)Since finishing my studies at Harvard and Oxford,I’ve watched one friend after another land high-ranking,high-paying Wall Street jobs.As executives (高级管理人员) with banks,consulting firms,established law firms,and major corporations,many are now __1__ on their way to impressive careers.By society’s __2__,they seem to have it made.
On the surface,these people seem to be very lucky in life.As they left student life behind,many had a __3__ drink at their cheap but friendly local bar,shook hands with longtime roommates,and __4__ out of small apartments into high buildings.They made reservations at restaurants where the cost of a bottle of wine __5__ a college year’s monthly rent.They replaced their beloved old cars with expensive new sports cars.
The thing is,a number of them have __6__ that despite their success,they aren’t happy.Some __7__ of unfriendly coworkers and feel sad for eight-hour workweeks devoted to tasks they __8__.Some do not respect the companies they work for and talk of feeling tired and __9__.However,instead of devoting themselves to their work,they find themselves working to support the __10__ to which they have so quickly become __11__.
People often speak of trying a more satisfying path,and __12__ in the end the idea of leaving their jobs to work for something they __13__ or finding a position that would give them more time with their families almost always leads them to the same conclusion:it’s __14__.They have loans,bills,a mortgage (抵押贷款) to __15__,retirement to save for.They recognize there’s something __16__ in their lives,but it’s __17__ to step off the track.
In a society that tends to __18__ everything in terms of dollars and cents,we learn from a young age to consider the costs of our __19__ in financial terms.But what about the personal and social costs __20__ in pursuing money over meaning?These are exactly the kinds of costs many of us tend to ignore—and the very ones we need to consider most.
2.A.policies
B.standards
C.experiments
D.regulations
4.A.cycled
5.A.shared
C.equaled
D.collected
6.A.advertised
B.witnessed
C.admitted
D.demanded
7.A.complain
D.approve
8.A.distribute
C.applaud
D.neglect
10.A.family
B.government
C.lifestyle
D.project
11.A.accustomed
B.appointed
D.available
C.instead
13.A.let out
B.turn in
C.give up
D.believe in
14.A.fundamental
B.practical
C.impossible
D.unforgettable
15.A.take off
B.drop off
C.put off
D.pay off
16.A.missing
B.inspiring
C.sinking
D.shining
17.A.harmful
18.A.measure
D.deliver
19.A.disasters
B.motivations
C.campaigns
D.decisions
20.A.assessed
B.involved
C.covered
D.reduced
(2015·江苏高考)I was required to read one of Bernie Siegel’s books in college and was hooked on his positivity from that moment on. The stories of his unconventional __1__ and the exceptional patients he wrote about were so __2__ to me and had such a big __3__ on how I saw life from then on. Who knew that so many years later I would look to Dr. Bernie and his CDs again to __4__ my own cancer experience?
I’m an ambitious __5__, and when I started going through chemo(化疗), even though I’m a very __6__ person, I lost my drive to write. I was just too tired and not in the __7__. One day, while waiting to go in for __8__, I had one of Dr. Bernie’s books in my hand. Another patient __9__ what I was reading and struck up a conversation with me __10__ he had one of his books with him as well. It __11__ that among other things, he was an eighty-year-old writer. He was __12__ a published author, and he was currently __13__ on a new book.
We would see each other at various times and __14__ friends. Sometimes he wore a duck hat, and I would tell myself, he was definitely a(n) __15__ of Dr. Bernie. He really put a __16__ on my face. He unfortunately __17__ last year due to his cancer,__18__ he left a deep impression on me and gave me the __19__
to pick up my pen again. I __20__ to myself, “If he can do it, then so can I.”
1.A.tastes
D.memories
2.A.amazing
B.shocking
C.amusing
D.strange
3.A.strike
C.challenge
4.A.learn from
B.go over
C.get through
D.refer to
5.A.reader
6.A.positive
B.agreeable
C.humorous
B.position
8.A.advice
B.reference
C.protection
D.treatment
9.A.viewed
C.noticed
D.wondered
10.A.while
B.because
C.although
D.providing
11.A.came out
B.worked out
C.proved out
D.turned out
12.A.naturally
C.hopefully
D.actually
13.A.deciding
B.investing
C.working
D.relying
14.A.became
D.visited
15.A.patient
B.operator
D.publisher
16.A.sign
17.A.showed up
B.set off
C.fell down
D.passed away
18.A.since
19.A.guidance
C.opportunity
D.inspiration
20.A.promised
C.thought
D.replied
(2015·湖北高考)“Daily Star,sir.” called Jason,carrying some newspapers under his arm.The little boy had been running up and down the street,but there were still twenty __1__ left.His voice was almost gone and his heart was __2__.The shops would soon close,and all the people would go home.He would have to go home too,carrying the papers __3__ money.He had hoped to sell more papers tonight to make more money to buy a __4__ for his mother and some seeds for his bird.That was why he had bought the papers with all his money.He __5__ as he thought of his failure to sell all his papers.
“You don’t know the __6__ of selling papers.You must shout.‘Hot news! Bomb bursting!’” another newsboy Chad told Jason.“__7__ it’s not in the paper at all,” replied Jason.“Just run away quickly__8__ they have time to see,and you’ll __9__ out and get your money,”Chad said.
It was a new __10__ to Jason.He thought of his bird with no__11__ and the cake he wanted to buy for his mother,but was __12__ that he would not tell a lie.Though he was __13__ a poor newsboy,he had been __14__ some good things.
The next afternoon Jason went to the office for his papers __15__.Several boys were crowding around Chad,who declared with a __16__ smile that he sold six dozen the day before.He added that Jason__17__
money because he would not tell a lie.The boy __18__ at Jason.“You wouldn’t tell a lie yesterday,my boy?” A gentleman at the office came up and patted Jason’s shoulder __19__.“You’re just the boy I am looking for.” A week later Jason started his new __20__.He lost the sale of twenty papers because he would not tell a lie,but got a well-paid job because he told the truth.
1.A.shops
3.A.instead of
B.in return for
C.regardless of
D.in exchange for
5.A.gave in
B.broke down
C.got away
D.showed up
6.A.difficulty
B.process
8.A.before
10.A.edition
11.A.bread
B.insects
12.A.concerned
C.excited
D.determined
13.A.still
B.already
14.A.taught
C.awarded
D.allowed
15.A.at once
B.by chance
C.as usual
D.on purpose
16.A.proud
17.A.borrowed
18.A.laughed
B.shouted
D.started
19.A.bravely
B.gratefully
D.modestly
20.A.duty
B.business
(2014·辽宁高考)It was already half past seven and I was running late again for the dinner appointment with my wife,Eleanor.We had
__1__ to meet at the restaurant at seven o’clock.I felt a little uneasy,but to my
__2__,I had a good excuse:A business meeting had
and I’d wasted no time getting to the dinner.
When I arrived at the
__4__,I apologized and told Eleanor I didn’t mean to be late.She screamed,“You never mean to.”Well,I
tell she was angry.“I’m sorry but it was not
__6__,”I said.Then I told her about the business meeting.__7__,my explanation seemed to make things worse,which started to drive
__8__ mad as well.
Several weeks later,when I
the situation to my friend Ken Hardy,he smiled,“You
a classic mistake.You’re stuck
your own way of thinking.You didn’t
to be late.But that’s not the point.What is
in your communication is how your lateness affected Eleanor.”He pointed out that I focused on the intention
Eleanor focused on the result.Thus,__15__
of us felt misunderstood and crazy.
Thinking more about Ken’s words,I
recognized the root cause of such disagreement.It’s the result of the action that really
__17__.I should have started the conversation by expressing
my actions affected Eleanor and
the discussions about my intention for later,much later and even never.
Later on,after talking to Eleanor and really
her experience of the results of my lateness,I’ve managed to be on time a lot more frequently.
1.A.started
B.agreed C.continued
D.managed
2.A.relief
B.surprise C.regret
3.A.broken out
B.closed down
C.faded away D.run over
4.A.house B.room
C.restaurant D.supermarket
5.A.couldB.mustC.will
6.A.movableB.comfortable
C.acceptable
D.avoidable
7.A.HoweverB.Therefore C.Moreover
D.Otherwise
B.him C.me
9.A.spread
C.translated
D.described
10.A.knew
B.made C.found
B.beyond C.for
D.against
12.A.need
B.prove C.pretend
13.A.funny
B.important C.possible
14.A.while
B.noneC.both
D.neither
16.A.usuallyB.merelyC.hardly
D.gradually
17.A.inspiresB.mattersC.improves
D.challenges
B.whyC.when
19.A.compared
B.reportedC.finished
20.A.showing
B.satisfying
C.understanding
D.destroying
(2014From my second grade on,there was one event I feared every year:the piano recital(独奏会).A recital__1__I had to practice a boring piece of music and perform before strangers.Each year I__2__ ask my father if I could skip the recital“just this once”.And each year he’d shake his head,muttering(嘀咕)__3__about building self-confidence and working towards a__4__.
So it was with really great __5__ that I stood in church one recent Sunday,video camera in hand,and __6__ my 68-year-old father sweating in his shirt __7__ rising to play the piano in his very first recital.
My father had longed to play music since childhood,but his family was poor and couldn’t __8__ lessons.He could have gone on regretting it,__9__ too many of us do.But though he was rooted in his past,he wasn’t __10__ there.When he retired three years ago,he __11__ his church music director to take him as a student.
For a moment after my father sat down at the keyboard,he __12__ stared down at his fingers.Has he forgotten the __13__?I worried,remembering those split seconds __14__ ago when my mind would go blank and my fingers would __15__.But then came the beautiful melody(旋律),from the __16__ fingers that once baited(装饵于) my fishing lines.And I __17__ he had been doing what music teachers always stress:__18__ the music and pretend the others aren’t there.
“I’m __19__ of him for starting something new at his age,”I said to my son Jeff.
“Yeah,and doing it so __20__,”Jeff added.
With his first recital,my father taught me more about courage and determination than all the words he used those 30-plus years ago.
1.A.reflected
B.explainedC.meant
2.A.would
3.A.nothing
B.everything
C.anything
D.something
C.journey
5.A.trouble
B.satisfaction
C.strength
D.disappointment
C.watched
7.A.through
C.against
D.understand
10.A.educated
B.protected
11.A.allowed
B.invited
C.inspired D.persuaded
12.A.roughly
C.merrily
D.curiously
13.A.words
D.lessons
14.A.decades
D.moments
15.A.play
16.A.same
C.different
17.A.predicted
B.realized
C.imagined
D.insisted
18.A.pass over
B.turn up
C.bring in
D.concentrate on
19.A.ashamed
20.A.casually
B.anxiously
D.frequently
(2014·江苏高考)Dale Carnegie rose from the unknown of a Missouri farm to international fame because he found a way to fill a universal human need.
It was a need that he first
back in 1906 when young Dale was a junior at State Teachers College in Warrensburg.To get an __2__,he was struggling against many difficulties.His family was poor.His Dad couldn’t afford the __3__ at college,so Dale had to ride horseback 12 miles to attend classes.Study had to be done __4__
his farm-work routines.He withdrew from many school activities
he didn’t have the time or the
__6__.He had only one good suit.He tried
the football team,but the coach turned him down for being too
__8__.During this period Dale was slowly
an inferiority complex (自卑感),which his mother knew could __10__ him from achieving his real potential.She
that Dale join the debating team,believing that
__12__ in speaking could give him the confidence and recognition that he needed.
Dale took his mother’s advice,tried desperately and after several attempts
made it.This proved to be a
point in his life.Speaking before groups did help him gain the
he needed.By the time Dale was a senior,he had won every top honor in
__16__.Now other students were coming to him for coaching and they,__17__,were winning contests.
Out of this early struggle to
his feelings of inferiority,Dale came to understand that the ability to
an idea to an audience builds a person’s confidence.And,__20__
it,Dale knew he could do anything he wanted to do—and so could others.
1.A.admitted
C.supplied
D.recognized
2.A.assignment
B.education
C.advantage
D.instruction
3.A.training
C.teaching
D.equipment
4.A.between
D.through
5.A.while B.whenC.because
6.A.permits
B.interest C.talent
D.clothes
7.A.onB.for
8.A.light B.flexible
C.optimistic
D.outgoing
9.A.gaining
B.achieving
C.developing
D.obtaining
10.A.prevent
B.protect
11.A.suggested
B.demanded
C.required
D.insisted
12.A.presence
B.practice
C.patience
D.potential
13.A.hopefully
B.certainly
C.finally
D.naturally
B.breaking
D.turning
15.A.progress
B.experience
C.competence
D.confidence
16.A.horse-riding
B.football
C.speech D.farming
17.A.in return
B.in brief
C.in turn
D.in fact
18.A.convey
B.overcome
C.understand
19.A.express
C.contribute
20.A.besides
(2014·湖北高考)When our restaurant business failed,we headed north in a camping truck to Texas,hoping to have a“fresh start”.
of Palo Duro Canyon (峡谷) State Park,I
a job advertisement hiring park hosts.The position offered a
__3__,permanent campsite in the park,and
__4__,the hosts served as a link between the park’s guests and the rangers (护林人).It was the perfect solution:a rent-free place to reorganize our lives.We entered the park and I made an __5__ for the following day.
The park was
__6__,so it took us some time to find an available site.That evening,as we finished our dinner,my wife saw two large skunks (臭鼬) walking toward our table.We
climbed onto the table and,for the next four hours,waited for them to
Having survived that night,we were
that everything else would be all right.The next day we met with the people who ran the park.They explained our __10__
and gave us a beautiful campsite.
That evening,__11__,we learned about the canyon
__12__.They were strong and cold,rocking our little camping truck violently,and we lay
in the dark until the winds died away.
the weeks that followed,we learned to survive in our truck and
the little money my wife
by substitute teaching.Building a successful business and then losing it had left very little time for building a successful
__17__.For a time after our business
I thought I might lose my family as well.
Living in the tiny
with no television,we sat close together reading and talking.One evening,standing under a jeweled sky,I found myself
for all the hardships.We had walked the trails and climbed the canyon walls.We had become a family!
D.entrance
2.A.sponsored
B.published
C.noticed
D.answered
C.convenient
D.beautiful
4.A.in return
B.in time
C.in short
D.in turn
5.A.attempt
B.agreement
D.appointment
6.A.crowded
B.dangerous
7.A.repeatedly
B.immediately
C.eventually
8.A.attack
9.A.satisfied
B.determined
C.confident
10.A.responsibilities
B.requirements
C.circumstances
D.conditions
11.A.moreover
B.therefore
C.meanwhile
D.however
12.A.windsB.snows
13.A.shaking
B.quarrelling
C.mourning
14.A.After
B.Between
15.A.give away
B.hand out
C.live on
D.put aside
16.A.borrowed
17.A.business
18.A.started
C.expanded
D.declined
19.A.truck
20.A.desperate
C.suitable
D.thankful
(2014·天津高考)One night,when I was eight,my mother gently asked me a question I would never forget.“Sweetie,my company wants to
__1__ me but needs me to work in Brazil.This is like your teacher telling you that you’ve done __2__
and allowing you to skip a grade(跳级),but you’ll have to
your friends.Would you say yes to your teacher?”She gave me a hug and asked me to think about it.I was puzzled.The question kept me__4__ for the rest of the night.I had said“yes”but for the first time,I realized the __5__ decisions adults had to make.
For almost four years,my mother would call us from Brazil every day.Every evening I’d
wait for the phone to ring and then tell her every detail of my day.A phone call,however,could never replace her
and it was difficult not to feel lonely at times.
During my fourth-grade Christmas break,we flew to Rio to visit her.Looking at her large
apartment,I became
how lonely my mother must have been in Brazil herself.It was then __10__
I started to appreciate the tough choices she had to make on
family and work.__12__
difficult decisions,she used to tell me,you wouldn’t know whether you made the right choice,but you could always make the best out of the situation,with passion and a
Back home,I
myself that what my mother could do,I could,too.If she __15__
to live in Rio all by herself,I,too,could learn to be
__16__ .I learnt how to take care of myself and set high but achievable
My mother is now back with us.But I will never forget what the
has really taught me.Sacrifices
in the end.The separation between us has proved to be a __20__
1.A.attract
B.promote
C.surprise
2.A.little
3.A.leave
C.contact
D.forgive
4.A.explaining
B.sleeping
C.wondering
D.regretting
6.A.eagerly
B.politely
C.nervously
D.curiously
7.A.patience
B.presence
C.intelligence
D.influence
8.A.comfortable
B.expensive
9.A.interested in
B.aware of
C.doubtful about
D.satisfied with
10.A.when
11.A.abandoning
B.balancing
C.comparing
12.A.Depending on
B.Supplied with
C.Faced with
D.Insisting on
13.A.different
B.friendly
C.positive
D.general
14.A.criticized
B.informed
D.reminded
15A.managed
B.offered
C.attempted
D.expected
16.A.grateful
B.energetic
C.independent
D.practical
17.A.examples
18.A.question
B.experience
C.history
D.occasion
19.A.pay off
B.come back
C.run out
D.turn up20.A.blessing
B.gathering
C.failure
D.pleasure Section 14 完形填空
夹叙夹议文
【高考真题演练】
1.2016年高考真题
【语篇导读】 这是一篇夹叙夹议文。短文讲述了货运司机拉里看到了一辆翻倒着火的汽车,不顾个人安危对伤者实施救助的故事。
1.C [考查语境中动词的辨析。由下文的pulled over, set the brake等词可知,拉里送完货物之后正在道路上行驶。因此答案选C。]
2.D [考查语境中名词的辨析。拉里是送货司机,当然是将货customers)手里。]
3.C [考查语境中连词的辨析。当拉里走近时才发现,还有一辆车翻倒在路上。since 既然;though 尽管;as 当……时候;if 如果。唯有C项符合语境。]
4.B [考查语境中代词的辨析。前文已经提到拉里看到了一辆开着大灯的车,这是另一辆车,故答案选B。]
5.A [考查语境中名词的辨析。由本段最后一句中的“the fire was put out”可以推断有火焰(flames)从车里冒出来。]
6.B [考查语境中形容词的辨析。根据前文“upside down”一词及下一段“the wrecked vehicle”这一信息可知,这辆车已毁坏。]
7.A [考查语境中短语动词的辨析。由语境可知,看到这种情况,拉里赶紧靠边停车,拿起(get hold of)灭火器去实施救援。]
8.D come over)告诉拉里他已报警。come down 下来;come through 传来;come in 进来。均不符合句意。]
9.C [考查语境中动词的辨析。由上文内容可知,call the police (报警)符合语境。]
10.A [考查语境中副词的辨析。正当那人与拉里说话,这时他们听到车里传来妇女的声音。again 又,再;finally 最后;even 甚至。]
11.D [考查语境中动词的辨析。根据常识,听到车里有人喊叫,他们当然是走过去(approach)救人。]
12.B [考查语境中形容词的辨析。由15空之前的“should not move”这一信息词可以推断他们告诉这个妇女要保持静止不动(still)。]
13.D [考查语境中连词的辨析。根据下文妇女所担心的事情,可知这里是逻D。]
14.A [考查语境中动词的辨析。前面提到这辆车在燃烧,依据常识,explode (爆炸)符合语境。slip away 消失,消亡;fall apart 破碎;crash 撞毁。]
15.C [考查语境中连词的辨析。根据常识,让这个妇女保持不动的原因就是防止脖子受伤害。as if 好像;unless除非;in case万一,以防;after在……之后。显然,C项为正确答案。]
16.B [考查语境中短语动词的辨析。消防队员和警方一到,拉里和那个人自然退让(back off)到一边,让他们进行专业救援。step forward 向前走;move on 继续前进;set out 开始。均不符合语境。]
17.B [考查语境中名词的辨析。前面提到了那个人拨打了报警电话,现在消防员和警方赶到,因此拉里询问警察自己是否能帮忙或者没有安排什么事就离开。]
18.D [考查语境中形容词的辨析。见上一小题解析。]
19.A [考查语境中介词短语的辨析。由前文所述,拉里超越自己的职责范围靠近燃烧的车辆去搭救别人,这件事是确定无疑的(for certain)。patience 耐心;skills 技巧;promise 诺言。均与语境不符。]
20.C [考查语境中名词的辨析。正是拉里尽力(efforts)搭救才让这个妇女幸存下来成为了可能。]
【语篇导读】 这是一篇夹叙夹议类的文章。主要讲述的是作者在与Rani进行电话交流时发现她比较冷漠,但在后来的实际接触中却发现自己的看法完全是错误的,其实她非常友好。
1.D [考查语境中动词的辨析。根据第一句话可知,许多人只是通过电话了解你,在现实中从来都没见过面。meet相见,符合语境。]
2.A [考查语境中动词的辨析。因为你们之间距离遥远,come from来自。]
3.B [考查语境中副词的辨析。虽然距离很远,但是他们可以通过你的声音了解你。上下文之间是转折关系,所以使用副词yet。]
4.C [考查语境中副词的辨析。这里使用just表示强调,别人只要通过声音就可以了解你。just只是,符合语境。rather相当地;also也;already已经,都与语境不符。]
5.A 6空后的only by phone可知,人们可以通过电话了解你。]
6.D [考查语境中形容词的辨析。空前的but说明上下文之间是转折关系,电话虽然很强大,但是也并不是很准确。direct直接的;useful有用的;easy容易的;accurate准确的。]
7.A [考查语境中介词短语的辨析。in person与空前的faceless形成对应,Rani是代理人,但是我们从in person亲自;by myself靠自己;in public当众;on purpose故意地。]
8.A [考查语境中形容词的辨析。根据前面的cold voice可知,Rani在电话里的声音很冷漠,这让我很不高兴,甚至想要换一个代理人。作者对她的声音很反感。]
9.C [考查语境中动词的辨析。正是因为Rani的声音让作者很不舒服,所以作者曾经想过另外找一个代理人取代她。promote提拔;train训练;find寻找,找到;know知道。]
10.D [考查语境中动词的辨析。因为家庭中的急事作者要立刻预定回家的航班。动词book与flight搭配,表示预定航班。]
11.A [考查语境中介词短语的辨析。因为情况紧急,所以作者第一次来到了Rani的办公室。for the first time第一次,符合语境。]
12.B [考查语境中动词的辨析。Rani看到作 。]
13.B [考查语境中形容词的辨析。根据上下文可知,她看到作者很着急,笑着安慰作者。shy害羞的;comforting安慰的;familiar熟悉的;forced被迫的。]
14.C [考查语境中名词的辨析。根据上下文可知,这里应该是机票。作者预定回家的航班机票,Rani很快帮他把机票打印出来。]
15.C [考查语Rani如此迅速地帮作者把机票打印出来,而且一直面带微笑,这让他心存感激。hopefully充满希望地;disappointedly感到失望地;gratefully感激地;regretfully遗憾地。]
16.D [考查语境中形容词的辨析。现实生活中的Rani富有同情心,待人热情大方。所以当作者转身时,看到的是与电话中完全不一样的人。careful细心的;serious严肃的,认真的;nervous紧张的;pleasant令人愉快的。]
17.D [考查语境中形容词的辨析。电话中得到的印象有时很不准确,作者现在真是无话可说。]
18.B [考查语境中形容词的辨析。之前作者认为Rani很冷漠,但却没有想到现实生活中的Rani是如此的友好善良。]
19.C [考查语境中名词的辨析。现实中Rani对作者非常友好善良,完全没有电话中的那种冷漠的感觉。friendliness友好,符合语境。]
20.B [考查语境中名词的辨析。这里表示Rani接待作者的友好态度。Rani的善良友好的态度并没有从电话线中传递过去。explanation解释;attitude态度;concept概念;behavior行为。]
【语篇导读】 本文是一篇夹叙夹议文。主要讲述了Kurt向约翰推销产品时,讲到人生哲理是个人成长计划,约翰从中获益,从而决定和妻子一起购买这个产品后,开始反思
1.D [考查动词辨析。根据前面的for breakfast可知,他们正在吃饭。]
2.C [考查名词辨析。根据下文中的You don’t have a personal plan for growth,do you?可知,这里问的是“你的个人成长计划是什么”。]
3.D [考查动词辨析。根据前面的Never at a loss for words可知,我尽力找出那些对成长来说能符合要求的事情。qualify使具有资格,符合语境。其他三个选项意思在这里与语境不符。]
4.A [考查动词辨析。我告诉他我所从事的许多活动。be involved in涉及,符合语境。]
5.B [考查名词辨析。根据上下文内容,特别是told,talk可知,这里要用speech,我详细说了我工作多么刻苦。]
6.B [考查动词辨析。根据语境可知,Kurt耐心地听我说。]
7.D [考查副词辨析。根据前面的I must have talked for ten minutes可知,他耐心地听我说,最后才微笑着说。finally最后,符合语境。]
8.A [考查动词辨析。根据下文内容可判断出作者自己没有计划,所以此处要用admit承认。]
9.A [考查形容词辨析。根据前面的you know,再结合下文可知,这里要说的是成长不是一个自动的过程。automatic自动的,自然而然的。]
10.D [考查动词辨析。这时我才想到这一点。固定表达hit sb某人突然想到。]
11.B [考查介词短语辨析。我并不是有意地做事,目的是使自己变得更好。on purpose有意地,符合语境。]
12.C [考查名词辨析。根据下文的I will develop and follow a personal growth plan...可知,就在这时,我作出了决定。]
13.A [考查名词辨析。此处表示为我的人生制定个人成长计划。]
14.B [考查名词辨析。根据上文两个人的对话可知,那天夜里,我把与Kurt的谈话内容告诉给妻子。]
15.C [考查动词辨析。根据后面her the workbook and tapes Kurt was selling可知,此处表示给某人看东西。]
16.C [考查动词辨析。根据上下文可知,这里表示我们认识到Kurt不是在制定规则。]
17.C [考查名词辨析。根据后面的for us to change our lives and achieve our dreams可知,他只是提供一个让我们改变生活,并实现梦想的方式。没有a method for sb to do...结构。]
18.B [考查动词辨析。根据后面的内容可知,最后我们决定购买。]
19.A [考查动词辨析。更重要的是,我们保证一起成长。]
20.D [考查形容词辨析。综合这个故事内容可知,作者认为这是英明的决定。]
2.经典高考真题
【语篇导读】 这是一篇夹叙夹
1.B [考查语境中形容词的辨析。根据首句的意思及“School? A friend? A tutor?”,再结合生活常识,不难看出,这些都是传统意义上的(traditional)学习途径。public公共的;official官方的,正式的;special特别的。均不符合题意。]
2.C [考查语境中动词的辨析。既然你想要的学习方式不是传统的:在学校里跟朋友交流或向导师求教,那么它很可能会存在于其它地方。lie (位于,存在于)符合语境。]
3.D [考查语境中名词的辨析。联系下文可知,“我”有机会亲自观看了女儿的一场足球赛并领悟到了这一点。dream梦想;idea主意;habit习惯。均与句意不符。]
4.C [考查语境中名词的辨析。作者下面叙述的几场比赛都是发生在周六和C。]
5.B [考查语境中动词的辨析。这个赛季女儿所在的球队表现出色而有资格参加锦标赛。win赢;enter进入;organize组织;watch观看。]
6.A [考查语境中形容词的辨析。由于参加锦标赛的多是技术更加娴熟的俱乐部球队,他们的球员训练有素(well trained),技术过硬。女儿的球队艰难鏖战,还是没有一次真正意义上的射门(did not get one serious shot on goal)。painfulstrange奇怪的;common普通的;practical实用的。由句意可知A项为正确答案。]
7.D [考查语境中副词的辨析。见上一小题解析。]
8.D [考查语境中名词的辨析。联系上下文可知,女儿所在的球队在前两场比赛中未能进球得分。故答案选D。]
9.B [考查语境中动词的辨析。作为父母,谁也不愿意看到竭尽全力踢球的孩子遭受失败的结局。imagine想像;hate憎恨;avoid避免;miss错过。由语境B项最能表达此意。]
10.C [考查语境中连词的辨析。由空格前的played her best 和still defeated的语意逻辑,不难看出前后为转折关系。因此C项为正确答案。]
11.A [考查语境中名词的辨析。女儿所在的球队在接下来的比赛中有了很大的改变。由此可以推断该句意思是:“周日比赛之前,这群女孩子似乎突然间明白了什么。”故A项正确。]
12.B [考查语境中短语动词的辨析。由语境可知,周六比赛失利,女孩子show up(出现,露面)与语境相吻合。]
13.D [考查语境中副词的辨析。根据下文所述,女孩子们的表现与上一场比赛迥然不同。slightly稍微;hardly几乎不;basically基本上;completely完全地。]
14.A [考查语境中动词的辨析。她们的表现之所以有很大改观是因为善于总结经验教训,将周六比赛中看到的对方团队协作的技术运用到自己的比赛中。由语境可知A项正确。]
15.C [考
16.A [考查语境中副词的辨析。在强手面前,孩子们努力拼搏,志在必得,甚至还进了一个球。even甚至;still仍然;seldom很少;again又,再。]
17.B [考查语境中动词的辨析。由作者接下来阐发的感想可知这是他从这场比赛中突然想到的。It strikes sb that...意为“使某人突然想到……”。]
18.D [考查语境中动词的辨析。由前文对比赛的描述可知,对于球队的D。]
19.A [考查语境中名词的辨析。通过这场比赛,孩子们学到了以前没有接触到的东西,经历促使她们成长得更快,经历是最好的老师。experience经历,经验;independence独立;curiosity好奇心;interest兴趣。其余三项均与短文主旨无关。]
20.C [考查语境中形容词的辨析。由后面but一词的转折意义可以推断本句的意思:孩子们通过比赛总结的经验或许与课堂上学到的经验不C莫属。]
【语篇导读】 本文是一篇夹叙夹议文。作者通过讲述朋友大学毕业后的工作、心情、经历告诉我们:我们不应该为了高质量的生活只追求金钱,个人价值和社会价值的实现才是最重要的。
1.D [考查副词词义辨析。根据后面的they seem to have it made可知
2.B [考查名词词义辨析。我认为他们没有,但按照社会的标准,他们似乎已经达到了。standard标准,符合语境。policy政策;experiment试验;regulation规章,规则。]
3.A [考查形容词词义辨析。根据前面的as they left student life behind可知,当他们离开学校时,很多人在便宜且友好的
4.B [考查动词词义辨析。离开狭小的学生公寓进入高楼大厦中。move out of搬离,符合语境。]
5.C [考查动词词义辨析。在饭店里一瓶酒的价格相当于大学一个月的租金。equal与……相等或相同,符合语境。]
6.C [考查动词词义辨析。实际情况是,他们中的很多人承认尽管他们很成功,但并不快乐。admit承认,符合语境。advertise做广告;witness目击;demand要求。]
7.A [考查动词词义辨析。根据后面的unfriendly coworkers and feel sad可知,一些人抱怨同事不友好。complain of抱怨,诉苦,符合语境。]
8.B [考查动词词义辨析。完成他们不喜欢的工作任务他们才感到悲伤。]
9.D [考查形容词词义辨析。根据前面的feeling tired and可知,empty空虚,符合语境。calm镇静的;guilty有罪的。]
10.C [考查名词词义辨析。但他们并不专心于自己的工作,他们工作只是为了维持这种很快就习以为常的生活方式。lifestyle生活方式,符合语境。]
11.A [考查形容词词义辨析。固定表达become accustomed to对……变得习以为常,习惯于。]
12.A [考查副词词义辨yet。]
13.D [考查动词短语辨析。离职去从事他们自己所信仰的事情。believe in信奉,信仰,符合语境。let out使出来,放出;turn in上交,呈交;give up放弃。]
14.C [考查形容词词义辨析。根据后面的they have loans...可知,放弃现在的工作去从事自己喜爱的事情是不可能的。]
15.D [考查动词短语辨析。因为他们有抵押贷款要偿还。pay off付清,还清,符合语境。take off取下,起飞;drop off落下,减少;put off推迟。]
16.A [考查形容词词义辨析。这时他们意识到生活中缺失了什么。missing失掉的,失踪的,找不到的,符合语境。]
17.B [考查形容词词义辨析。但很难脱离现在的生活轨迹。]
18.A [考查动词measure衡量。]
19.D [考查名词词义辨析。从小时候我们就学会了从经济的角度来考虑所做出的决定的代价。]
20.B [考查动词词义辨析。追求金钱所涉及的个人和社会代价呢?(be) involved in牵涉,涉及,符合语境。]
【语篇导读】 文章讲述Bernie Siegel的书,深受书中积极人生观的影响。之后作者不幸身患癌症,病痛的折磨使他放弃了写作,但在治疗期间结识一位已经80岁却仍然积极面对人生坚持写作的病友。作者受到了鼓舞,在这位病友去世之后,重新拾起纸笔。
1.A [句意:他非传统的想法以及关于特殊病人的故事让我感到如此惊讶,从那时起,对我的看待生活有很大的影响。考查名词辨析。taste味道; idea想法,理念;note说明,注释;memory记忆,回忆。]
2.A [句意参见1题。考查形容词辨析。amazing令人吃惊的;shocking可怕的,令人讨厌的;amusing有趣的,好玩的;strange奇怪的,陌生的。]
3.D [句意参见1题。考查名词辨析。strike打击;罢工;push推,决心;challenge挑战;impact影响。]
4.C [句意:谁知道这么多年后我将再次看到伯尼博士和他的CD度过自己的癌症经历吗?考查动词短语辨析。learn from 向……学习;go over 复习; get through度过,完成;refer to参考,涉及。]
5.B [句意:我是一名有抱负的作家, 但是当我开始经历化疗时。尽管我是一个很乐观的人,我失去了写作的动力。考查名词辨析。根据下文pick up my pen again可知。]
6.A [句意参见5题。考查形容词辨析。 positive 积极的; agreeable 令人愉快的; humourous
honest 诚实的,实在的。]
7.A [句意:我只是太累了,没心情。考查名词辨析。in the mood 兴致勃勃为固定搭配。]
8.D [句意:有一天,在等待治疗的时候,我手头上有一本伯尼博士的书。考查名词辨析。 advice 建议;
reference 参考,参照; protection 保护,保卫;
treatment 治疗,处理。]
9.C [句意:另一个病人注意到我所读的书,他与我交谈,因为他也有一个他的书。考查动词辨析。]
10.B [句意参见9题。考查连接词辨析。providing “假如,以……为条件”。]
11.D [句意:原来,他是一个八十岁的作家。考查动词短语辨析。carried out “实施”; worked out “计算出,理解”; proved out “证明是合适的,证明是令人满意的”; turned out “
12.D [句意:实际上他是一个出版家,目前他正从事一本新书。考查副词辨析。 naturally “自然地,自然而然地”;
merely “仅仅”; hopefully “有希望地,有前途地”; actually “实际上;事实上”。]
13.C [句意参见12题。考查名词辨析。decide on “选定,决定”; invest on “投资”; work on “从事于……”; rely on “依靠,依赖”。]
14.A [句意:我们多次见面,成为朋友。考查动词辨析。]
15.C [句意:我会告诉自己,他绝对是一个伯尼博士的粉丝。考查名词辨析。]
16.B [句意:他使我脸上挂满微笑。考查名词辨析。]
17.D [句意:不幸的是他去年因癌症去世了,但他给我留下了深刻的印象,给了我启发,我重新拿起了我的笔。 showed up “露面;露出;揭露”;
set off “出发;引起;动身;使爆炸”; fell down
“倒下;感到闷闷不乐”; passed away “死去,去世,逝世”。]
18.B [句意参见17题。考查连词辨析。]
19.D [句意参见17题。考查名词辨析。guidance“指导,引导;领导”; trust “信任,信赖;责任”; opportunity “时机,机会”; inspiration “灵感;鼓舞”。]
20.C [句意:我心想,“如果他能这样做,那么我也可以。”考查动词辨析。think to oneself “盘算;自思自忖”。]
【语篇导读】 报童杰森不想撒谎,没有卖掉所有的报纸,无法给妈妈买蛋糕,给鸟儿买鸟食;但得到老板的青睐,诚实得到丰厚的回报。
1.D [考查He lost sale of twenty papers可知,剩了20份报纸。]
2.B [考查形容词词义辨析。句意:他几乎说不出话来,心情沉重。open敞开心扉;heavy(心情)沉重;pure纯洁的;完全的;weak不牢固的,虚弱的。因卖不掉报纸,心情沉重,用heavy。]
3.A [考查介词短语辨析。他也要回家了,带着报纸而不是钱。instead of代替;而不是……; in return for作为……的报答;regardless of不顾,不管;in exchange for作为……的交换。根据句意,选A。]
4.D [考查重词再现。第三段He thought of his bird with no seeds and the cake he wanted to buy for his mother可知,答案选D。]
5.B [考查动词短语辨析。give in屈服;让步;break down禁不住痛哭;身体、精神受不了;get away离开;逃脱;出发;show up露面;露出;揭露。根据句意:“他一想到没有卖掉所有的报纸,精神就要崩溃了。”可知选B。]
6.D [考查名词辨析。句意:你不知道推销报纸的诀窍。difficulty 困难,难事;困境;process过程;程序;步骤;goal目的;目标;进球;得分;secret秘密,秘诀。据此选D。]
7.B [考查连词。两个分句表示语义转折,用but。]
8.A [考查从属连词。句意:在他们还没来得及看,就逃之夭夭。before在……以前;还没有来得及。]
9.C [考查动词词义辨析。sell out卖光;call out大声叫喊;召集;drop out脱离;退学;退出;reach
out伸出;根据句意:“你就会把报纸全部卖掉,赚到钱。”可知,选C。]
10.B [考查名词词义辨析。句意:对于杰森而言,这是edition版,版本,版次;idea主意,想法;概念,思想;计划,建议; policy政策,方针;策略,手段;task任务,工作。选B。]
11.C [考查重词再现。第一段...some seeds for his bird可知,答案为C。]
12.D [考查形容词词义辨析。句意:……他下定决心不去撒谎。concerned有关的;关切的,担心的;amazed吃惊的,惊奇的;excited刺激的;对……determined坚决的;有决心的。根据句意,选D。]
13.C [考查副词辨析。句意:尽管他只是一个贫穷的小报童,他学到了一些有益的东西。still还;更;仍; already已,已经; just=only只,仅仅;also也。根据句意,选C。]
14.A [考查动词词义辨析。根据上题,他学到了一些有益的东西,换句话,(家庭)教了他很多有益的东西。]
15.C [考查短语辨析。句意:第二天下午,杰森像往常一样去办公室去拿报纸。at once马上,立刻;by chance偶然;意外地;as usual像往常一样;照例;on purpose有目的地,故意地。根据句意,选C。]
16.A [考查形容词词义辨析。proud骄傲的,自豪的;gentle温和的;文雅的;warm暖和的,温暖的,暖的;polite有礼貌的。]
17.B [考查动词词义辨析。句意:他补充说杰森赔了lose money赔钱。]
18.A [考查动词短语辨析。句意:这个男孩嘲笑杰森。laugh at嘲笑;取笑; shout at对……大喊;叱喝;nod at向某人点头;stare at凝视,盯住。根据句意,选A。]
19.C [考查副词辨析。句意:在办公室的一位绅士走过来,怜爱地拍拍杰森的肩膀。bravely勇敢地,英勇地;gratefully感激地,感谢地;fondly快乐地;天真地;modestly谨慎地;适当地。根据句意,选C。]
20.C [考查名词词义辨析。句意:一周后杰森开始了他的新工作。duty责任;本分;义务;business生意,业务,事情;job工作,职业;method方法,办法。]
【语篇导读】 本文是夹叙夹议文。作者和妻子约好共同吃晚饭,由于作者的迟到,特别是他的解释方式使这次约会不欢而散。后来,作者的朋友点破了正
1.B [考查动词辨析。agree to do同意做某事。此处指作者和妻子约好7点在饭店见面一起吃饭。]
2.A [考查名词辨析。作者因为迟到很不安,但使“我”能松一口气的是“我”有一个好借口。]
3.D [考查动词短语辨析。“我”想到了一个好借口:因为我临时参加了一个商业会议,而并非故意浪费时间晚到的。A.break out 爆发;B.close down关闭;C.fade away(声音,颜色等)消退;D.run over 匆匆而过,此处指临时安排的紧急会议。]
4.C [考查名词辨析。从上文可知,作者和妻子约好在饭店吃晚饭,当然是到达饭店。]
5.A [考查情态动词的含义。could能够,“我”向妻子解释迟到的原因,she screamed,“我”可以判断出她很生气。]
6.D [考查形容词辨析。我对妻子说:我很抱歉,但是这是“不可避免的”。]
7.A [考查]
8.C [考查代词。“我”的解释使事情更加糟糕,当然也开始使我变得疯狂。]
9.D [考查动词辨析。几个星期后,我向朋友描述这件事情的经过。]
10.B [考查固定搭配。make a mistake犯错误。]
11.A [考查介词的使用。be stuck in your way of thinking陷入你]
12.D [考查动词辨析。intend to do sth打算做某事,此处指:你不是故意迟到的。]
13.B [考查形容词辨析。你不是故意迟到的,但这不是关键点。在沟通中,最重要的是,你的迟到影响了你的妻子。因此,important为最佳答案。]
14.A [考查连词。朋友指出:“我关注的是不故意迟到,而妻while用在两个并列句中间,表示对比。]
15.C [考查代词。我们的关注点不同,当然,我们两人都(both)会感到误解和疯狂。]
16.D [考查副词。通过仔细思考朋友的话,我“逐渐”意识到我和妻子分歧的根源。gradually逐渐地;merely仅仅。]
17.B [考查动词辨析。“重要的”是行为的结果。matter有关系,重要;inspire鼓舞,激励;improve提高,改善;challenge挑战。]
18.A [考查宾语从句的连接副词。__13__后的how给本题能提供提示。]
19.D [考查动词辨析。本句句意:我本应该以这种方式开始我的对话:要表达出我的行为对妻子有了“怎样的”影响,后来再通过解释我迟到的原因来“补救”我们的谈话,这种解释可以是晚些时候做,甚至也可以永远不要提及。]
20.C [考查词义辨析。根据上下文,本句意思应为:后来,通过和妻子交流,并且真正懂得由于我的迟到,对她]
【语篇导读】 本文是一篇夹叙夹议文,一年一度的钢琴演奏让作者无奈,而父亲退休后开始学习的经历教会作者勇气与信心比什么都重要。
1.C [根据上下文意,独奏会意味着我必须练习一首无聊的乐曲。meant“意味着”,故选C项,其他三项不符合语境意义。]
2.A A项。]
3.D [根据下文about building self-confidence and working towards a...可知父亲嘴里嘀咕了一些事情。]
4.A [句意:建立自信,朝着一个目标努力。goal“目标”。]
5.B [根据下文我的父亲开始他的第一次独奏,所以这是很令人满意的,故选B项。]
6.C [我是看到我的父亲watch“看到”。]
7.D [父亲是在第一次演奏之前,直流汗。before“在……之前”,符合语境。]
8.B [根据上文他的家庭很贫穷,判断出支付不起学费,afford“付得起”。]
9.A [句意:他可以像我们大多数人一样去后悔。as“像”,引导从句。]
10.C [根据上下文意,尽管他生根于过去,却没有止步不前。stuck“粘贴”,符合语境。]
11.D [根据上下文意,他说服教堂音乐主管收他为学生。persuade sb to do sth“说服某人做某事”是固定用法。]
12.B [根据上下语境,父亲坐在琴键前,仅仅向下盯着自己的手指。simply“仅仅”。]
13.C [根据上下语境,他忘记音符了吗?notes“音符”。]
14.A [可知作者想起了自己十多年前,我的大脑一片空白。decades“数十年”,故选A项。]
15.B freeze“使结冰”,符合语境。]
16.A [根据上下文,但是,在那个时候,传出了优美的旋律,来自于那双曾经为我装鱼线的相同的手。可知是同一只手。故选A项。]
17.B [根据语境,我意识到他做了音乐老师总是强调的事情。realized“意识到”,符合语境。]
18.D [专注于音乐,假装其他人不存在。concentrate on“专心于”,是固定短语。]
19.D [根据上下文,在他那个年龄,还能开始新的东西,我为此感到骄傲。be proud of为……骄傲。]
20.C [根据上下文,应该是完成得是那样漂亮。nicely“漂亮地”。故选C项。]
【语篇导读】 本文是一篇人物小传。Dale Carnegie出生于小农场,家庭的贫困让他无法参与学校的很多活动,因为有时因为交不起费用,有时因为买不起衣服,他
1.D [考查动词辨析。A.承认;认可;接受;B.填充;填满;C.提供;供应;D.认识到。根据语境need是所填词汇的宾语。“他最初认识到这种需求是追溯到1906年……”,可知答案选D。]
2.B [考查名词辨析。A.分配;任务;B.教育;C.有利条件,优势;D.说明。根据下文他为了上学克服很多困难,可知是为了获得教育。]
3.B [考查名词辨析。A.训练;B.食宿;C.教学;D.设备。根据下文他骑马上下学可知他因家穷付不起食宿费,故选B。]
4.A [考查介词。A.两者之间;B.在……过程中;C.关于,经过,对于;D.穿过。通过上下文可知他要帮家里干活,学习活动只能在干活间隙进行,指两项农活之间,故用A。]
5.C [考查状语C,引导原因状语从句。]
6.D [根据语境只有clothes才是贫穷能够影响到的,故选D。]
7.B [此处表示尝试的目的,故用for,选B。]
8.A [考查形容词辨析。教练选择队员要看体格,因为家穷,Carnegie很瘦弱,不适合踢球,此处light指身体轻,说明他体质不好,太瘦弱;B.柔韧的;C.乐观的;D.外向的。]
9.C [考查动词搭配。该空要填的谓语动词的宾语是an inferiority complex,这种自卑感是逐渐积累发展而形成的,故选C。]
10.A [考查动词搭配。prevent...from阻止……做……;protect...from...保护……不受……伤害;save...from...从……中拯救……;free...from...使…… 摆脱。根据语境,母亲知道自卑感会阻止他发挥他的真正的潜力,可知选A。
11.A [根据下一自然段Dale took his mother’s advice中可知此选项中suggest与advice相呼应,选A。]
12.B [考查名词辨析。A.在场,出席;B.练习,习惯做法;C.耐心;D.潜力;根据上下文,辩论队应经常练习讲话,故选B。]
13.C [根据语境:他拼命练习,经过多次尝试最终成功,故选C。]
14.D [考查形容词辨析。此空所填词汇做定语,修饰point,根据语境,他参加辩论队以前自卑,成功后变得自信,说明这是他一生的转折点,故选D。]
15.D [考查名词辨析。所填词汇做gain的宾语,根据上文提示,演讲使他获得了自信,可知选D。]
16.C [与上文呼应,他参加演讲比赛,故获得演讲比赛的顶级荣誉,选C。]
17.C [考查短语辨析。A.作为报答;B.大致上,大体上;C.接着,随之;按顺序;D.事实上,根据语境别的学生来找他辅导,随之,也赢得比赛,故C。]
18.B [考查动词辨析。A.传达;B.克服;C.理解;D.建立。所填词汇的宾语是his feelings of inferiority,根据上文他参加演讲获得自信是克服了自卑感,故选B。]
19.A [考查动词辨析。所填词汇的宾语是idea,演讲要具备向观众表达思想的能力,故选A。]
20.D [考查介词用法。根据上下文语意:“具备了这种能力,他就能做他想做的任何事情”,故选D。]
【语篇导读】 本篇完形填空是一篇夹叙夹议的文章。讲述了一个家庭餐馆生意失败之后作公园主持人努力重新开始的故事,在此过程中增强了之前在做生意时失去的家庭凝聚力。文章通过这个故事阐明一个道理:我们在追寻事业成功的时候,可能会失去家庭的和睦和凝聚力,因此我们要学会在发展事业的同时兼顾好家庭。
1.D [考查名词辨析。从后文We entered the park 可知,应该是在公园门口(entrance),故选D。]
2.C [考查动词辨析。从前文When our restaurant business failed和hoping to have a “fresh start”可知,作者是在寻找工作,在公园门口注意到一则招聘广告,符合语境,故选C。]
3.B [考查形容词辨析。后文中提到a rent-free place,可知营地是免费的(free),故选B。]
4.A [考查介词短语辨析。A.in return 作为回报;B.in time及时;C.in short总之,简言之;D.in turn反过来,反之。根据空处后文句可知要取得这个工作,需要成为公园客人和护林人之间的联系人,即公园主持人来作为回报,故选A。]
5.D [考查名词辨析。A.attempt 尝试;B.agreement同意,协议;C.appeal 吸引;D.appointment约定,预约。前文知道作者看到招聘广告,预约明天(make an appointment)应聘,符合语境,应选D。]
6.A [考查形容词辨析。A.crowded 拥挤的;B.dangerous危险的;C.ideal 理想的;D.quiet安静的;根据后文so it took us some time to find an available site,可知因为人多很难找到公园提供给的住宿的地方,故选A。]
7.B [考查副词辨析。A.repeatedly 重复地;B.immediately 立刻,马上;C.eventually 最终;D.calmly镇静地;文中my wife saw two large skunks(臭鼬)walking toward our table,所以我们应该立即躲避臭鼬。故选B。]
8.B [考查动词辨析。A.attack 攻击;B.leave 离开;C.pass 通过;D.search寻找,搜索;由上文我们立即爬上桌子躲避臭鼬,可知我们等它尽快离开,故选B项。]
9.C [考查形容词辨析。A.satisfied 满意的;B.determined 坚决的;C.confident 自信的;D.aware知道的,明白的。由前文having survived that night,可知我们对于接下来的生活有了自信(confident),故选C。]
10.A [考查名词辨析。A.responsibilities 职责,责任;B.requirements要求,请求;C.circumstances 环境;D.conditions条件,情况。由前文I made an appointment for the following day和 the next day we met with the people who ran the park.可知他们去应聘了,管理人员告诉他们应尽的职责,符合语境,故选responsibilities。]
11.D [考查连词辨析。A.moreover而且,此外;B.therefore 因此,所以;C.meanwhile同时;D.however然而,可是。由前文everything else would be all right和后文rocking our little camping truck violently...until the winds died away可知,前后情况是一种相反的场景,故选D。]
12.A [考查名词辨析。由后文They were strong and cold,rocking our little camping truck violently...until the winds died away,可知是winds,故选A。]
13.A [考查动词辨析。A.shaking握手,颤动;B.quarrelling 争吵;C.mourning 为……哀悼;D.aching疼痛,渴望。由前文rocking our little camping truck violently可知卡车(truck) 在摇动(shake),故选A。]
14.C [考查介词辨析。A.After 在……之后;B.Between在两者之间;C.During 在……期间;D.Beyond 超越……范围,应该是指后续的几周期间,故选C。]
15.C [考查动词短语辨析。A.give away 捐赠,泄露;B.hand out 分发;C.live on 靠……生活;以……为食;D.put aside 存储,留出,搁置。由下文可知我们以妻子作为代课教师所挣得一点钱为生,故选C。]
16.B [考查动词辨析。根据上文,生意失败,所以作者的妻子要靠教书来挣一点钱(earned the little money )生活,故选B。]
17.C [考查名词辨析。根据后文I might lose my family as well 和building a successful business and then losing it 看出作者留给家人的时间很少,故选C。]
18.B [考查动词辨析。根据文章第一段第一句When our restaurant business failed提示,应选failed。]
19.A [考查名词辨析。由文章第五段rocking our little camping truck violentlytruck,tiny是small的同义替换,故选A。]
20.D [考查形容词辨析。A.desperate 不顾一切的,令人绝望的;B.ready 准备好的,情愿的;C.suitable适当的;D.thankful感激的,欣慰的。由前文可知作者找到工作和后文we had become a family可知,作者工作、家庭都有收获,所以作者是心怀感激的,故选D。]
【 “我”还是八岁小孩的时候,母亲就让我明白,成人有时也会面对工作和家庭的艰难选择,要努力平衡两者关系;随着年龄的增长,我越来越能够体味母亲的坚强与独立;聚少离多的生活也使我在理解母亲的同时,成长为一个坚强独立的人。母亲的牺牲获得了回报。
1.B [考查词义辨析。根据上下文可知母亲将被升职,故选B。]
2.C [考查语境理解。根据下文“允许你跳级”,说明做得好,故选C。]
3.A [A.离开;B.拒绝;C.和……联系;D.原谅。根据上下文,可知因为跳级要离开朋友,故选A。]
4.C [考查语境理解及词义辨析。A.解释;B.睡觉;C.思考;想知道;D.遗憾。根据上下文,这个问题让“我”一直思考,可知选C。]
5.D [考查词义辨析与语境理解。根据第三自然段第三行the tough choices提示,可知选D。]
6.A [考查副词辨析。A.eagerly热切地;B.礼C.紧张地;D.好奇地;根据语境,母亲在外地工作,很难见面,“我”一定是“热切地”盼望母亲来电话,故选A。]
7.B [考查名词辨析。A.耐心;B.出席,在场;C.智慧;D.影响。根据语境:可是一个电话永远不可能代替母亲本人在,因此有时很难不感到孤独,可知选B。]
8.C [考查形容词辨析。A.舒适的;B.昂贵的;C.空荡荡的;D.现代化的。根据语境:“看到她空荡荡的寓所,我也意识到母亲自己在巴西也很孤独”与下文中的“lonely”语境呼应C。]
9.B [考查短语辨析。A.对……感兴趣;B.意识到;C.对……感到怀疑;D.对……感到满意,根据语境可知选B。]
10.D [考查强调句型。句意:直到那时,我才开始感激母亲为了平衡工作和家庭所做出的艰难选择。此句是强调时间状语,故选D。]
11.B [考查动词辨析。A.抛弃;B.平衡;C.对比;D.混合。根据语境可知选B。]
12.C [考查短语A.依靠,根据;B.为……提供;C.面临,面对;D.坚持。根据语意:“面对艰难的抉择,她常告诉我,你不可能知道自己的选择是否正确,但你可以用热情和乐观的态度去充分利用这种情况。”可知,选C。]
13.C [考查形容词辨析。A.不同的;B.友好的;C.乐观的;积极的;D.大致的,大体上的;根据语境,“应用乐观的态度去面对这种情况”,可知选C。]
14.D [考查动词辨析。A.批判;批评;B.通知,告知;C.警告;D.提醒;根据语境:“回家后我D。]
15.A [考查动词辨析。A.manage to do设法成功做到;B.offer to do主动提出做……;C.attempt to do尝试着做……;D.expect to do期待要做,预料到做……;根据语境“母亲成功做到独自在异地生活”。故选A。]
16.C [考查形容词辨析。A.感激的;B.精力充沛的;C.独立的;D.实用的。根据上文“She managed to live in Rio all by herself”可知,此处强调其独立性,故选C。]
17.D [考查名词辨析。A.例子;B.限制;C.规则;D.目标。根据上文可与动词set搭配,且用achievable作定语修饰,语境:“我学会了照顾自己和设立高但可达到的目标”可知选D。]
18.B [考查名词辨析。A.问题;B.经验,经历;C.历史;D.场合。该空在该句中做主语,应是概括前文讲到的经历,故选B。句意:我永远都不会忘记这次经历教给我的一切。]
19.A [考查短语辨析。A.没有白费;得到报偿;B.回来;C.用光,用完了;D.出现,到场。该句主语是sacrifices,句意:这些牺牲最后都没有白费。故选A。]
20.A [考查名词辨析。A.保佑;赐福;B.聚集,汇聚;C.失败;D.乐趣,乐事。根据语意,由于母亲不在身边,我变得独立、坚强,所以这种经历也使我获得了意想不到的收获。所以,就像上苍赐给我的福气,故选A。]
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
本网部分资源来源于会员上传,除本网组织的资源外,版权归原作者所有,如有侵犯版权,请联系并提供证据(),三个工作日内删除。
其他相关资源
友情链接:
Copyright &2006 - 2016 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved.}

我要回帖

更多关于 十年后相见 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信