here is a onepiecee of ( )you can write words on it 括号里填什么

Science is a religion | A conversation
Netherlands
This conversation is closed.
Science is a religion
Dear TEDsters,
For almost a decade I've been appauled by people claiming that "if you don't trust science you're an idiot" or "Religion ha that's just for people who don't know facts!" or the really old "If you don't think I'm right you must be incompetent".
These arguments have been made by many scientific and religious fanatics alike.
Nowadays more and more people seem to confuse science with fact. Also there is the expression "to measure is to know" (at least in my language that is an expression). Although this is in part true this doesn't hold for the entire field of science and not even neccesarily for the most basic principles of science.
First of all let me state that I do not and can (probably) never know how you percieve the world as is the case for your ability to judge me.
Secondly even how you percieve the world changes during your lifetime as does it for me. Do you still remember how when you were young a kilometer seemed so large and tables seemed high etc.?
What we can do however is take an object (clone it) show it to everyone (which doesn't mean everyone has the same perception) and label that. This is for instance what we've done with a meter. Then we use a great invention called math to be able to do calculations with or about this object.
Up till now)
Great scientists can percieve things differently. Einstein for instance saw a relation between energy, mass and the speed of light. Something nobody at that time saw, and probably many still do not. The fact is however that his equation is accurately describing/predicting many galactical events and phenomenon.
But we must NEVER forget that all we do is describe the events in such a way that our (math) explaination of it can insanely closely (up the the point where we have full believe in it) show what will happen.
The fundations of science however is that we believe what we percieve and we assume that when our describtion of it is correct the physics behind it is too.
Closing Statement from Richard Krooman
In this thread I try to take the point of view that all science is based upon the faith that our perceptions could be wrong and that therefor our scientific findings could be wrong. (This is not my personal view but I wanted to encourage people to see it like this.)
Also I try to enhance the point that although we are reasonably sure that we have accurately described certain observations throught the use of math it could always be possible that another explaination better describes this (aka einstein > newton).
Thirdly I wanted to focus on the 'unquestionability' of science where people always think that previous scientific findings are 100% fact. Even though there are many instances of previous scientific beliefs that have been falsified through the process of science. However the very idea that backs up science is that "something is true unless proven false" basically also means "A true scientist cannot ever be 100% sure of anything". Which than automatically makes it such that he has faith that previous findings are correct.
Quite a few people get a bit too hung up on the differences between science and religion that they forget to argue with the real point that I try to make.
And some people (falsly) believe that questioning science means that you disregard findings which "work" (especially examples with medicine are used in this thread).
Also too many people are thinking that the idea of God is somehow retarded because science has proven that there is none... which is also false. Science has just shown that to explain most things we do not need one (btw I am an atheist). And imo we cannot go into the argument because science can never prove that there is no God because he would be almighty (if he exists he can make us believe whatever we could believe).
The brain in the vat argument does well to make people think about the above concepts.
In the end I came to realize that it takes more faith, and less benefits, to believe in science than it does in Godunit1_图文_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
||文档简介
总评分3.4|
浏览量12715
&&九​年​级​人​教​版​第​一​单​元​测​试​题​及​答​案
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用2下载券
想免费下载本文?
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩6页未读,继续阅读
你可能喜欢By Celebitchy
Many divorced people hate their exes. Some wish death on them, even if they have kids with that person. Most people know not to do this on social media, not to mention in any kind of public forum. Not Jon Gosselin. He’s on VH1′s Couple’s Therapy with such reality show luminaries as Taylor Armstrong and Farrah Abraham. After a particularly difficult phone conversation with Kate, Jon went off on camera about his ex, saying that his ex was a “f’ing piece of sh*t” and that she could “f’ing die,.” Jon was especially angry about a lawsuit Kate had filed against him, suing him for stealing her hard drive and giving her personal diaries to an author who proceeded to write a book trashing Kate. (The lawsuit has since been dropped and Kate’s lawyers have succeeded in getting the book blocked.) Jon also explained, on camera, that he’d written his own book but that his lawyers had warned him against publishing it.
Jon Gosselin tears apart his ex-wife Kate Gosselin in the Thursday, Feb. 27 episode of VH1′s Couples Therapy, in which he says, “She can go and f—ing die.”
It begins with Gosselin revealing to his housemates that he’s written a book about his life, “but I’m just afraid to publish it,” he says. “It took me two years — everything that happened, my side, my emotions,” he continues…
The former TLC reality star, who stars in Season 4 of Couples Therapy with girlfriend of two years, Liz Jannetta, is later seen in the clip finishing a heated phone conversation with his ex-wife. “You don’t value me as a human or man,” Gosselin says in his confessional directly to Kate.
Unable to hold back, Gosselin unleashes an F-bomb filled rant about his “narcissistic” ex-wife, who can “go out and talk about the kids anytime she wants . . .She can go and f—ing die,” he says at one point. “There’s your honest depiction of Kate Gosselin. So f— it. Piece of f—ing s–t. What a sh—y human being,” he furiously adds of his ex-wife.
What kind of chance do those kids have with such a whiny toolbox for a dad and a harpy control freak for a mom? Jon talks a good game
out of the spotlight, but then he proceeds to take a gig on a reality show where he bitches and moans about his ex. Jon threatens, on camera, to go for full custody of his kids, after admitting that he hasn’t spoken to them for two weeks. (Which may not be his fault, but still.) He complains about Kate exploiting the kids to the media, but then he trashes their mother horribly on television. Neither of these people has the moral high ground.
Here’s the video clip. See how long you can listen to Jon’s whining.
photo credit:
and FameFlynet
By Celebitchy
Featured Links
You can follow any responses to this entry through the
Poor kids.
Latest CommentsFree Anger Management Class&#1
Part 1 – Epic Online Anger Management Class w/Emotion Expert John Schinnerer, Ph.D.
Below is the first part in an revolutionary online class on anger management AND setting the foundation for a successful, happy, productive life by John Schinnerer, Ph.D. Dr. Schinnerer recently served as expert consultant for Pixar’s Academy Award-winning movie, Inside Out.
The anger management class offers a simple solution to a complex problem – how to turn down the volume on your anger, irritability and annoyance. The main change needed is to find ways to substitute more positive emotions in the place of anger and irritability.
are intended to remove the guilt and shame associated with going in to an office for ‘help.’ The idea is that everyone can easily learn these skills for simple anger management in the privacy of their own home.
To order the complete anger management course, simply click the button below now to take your first step towards a better life! All classes comes complete with a 90 day money back guarantee and a personalized certificate of completion.
Recently, I received this nice feedback from Sherm (dated 6/9/16)…
I have to tell you this course has made a tremendous difference in my life. My outlook is so much more positive and friendly. My wife and kids now refer to me as the “New Sherm”.
Thank you,
Please leave your comments, thoughts and questions below! I will do my best to respond to them.
Note: If you are trying to view the video on an iPad or mobile phone, please click the link below…
TO ORDER THE ENTIRE 10-WEEK ANGER MANAGEMENT COURSE: Many people who visit this site are in dire need of a . If this sounds like you, please take a look at the complete
offering now at . You will find ordering information at the bottom of the page. This anger management course offers the latest in all aspects of anger management including anger management techniques and tools, stress management techniques, assertiveness training, training in managing anxiety and depression, and the latest in positive psychology exercises to help replace anger with more frequent positive emotions such as passion, interest, happiness and relaxation. The anger management course is designed by anger management expert, John Schinnerer, Ph.D., trained at U.C. Berkeley. Dr. John served as expert consultant for Pixar to help them create their Academy Award-winning movie, Inside Out.
To order the complete anger management course, simply click the button below now to take your first step towards a better life!
And here is Dr. John’s award-winning book…(click on the book for ordering info!)
Here are some fresh comments that just came in this week…
Dear Dr. John:
The more I am moving ahead with your course the more I am astonished with the depth of your work.
It is helpful for me both personally and professionally.
Thank you,
Dr Shaheen Islam
Professor and Chairman, Department of Educational and Counselling Psychology
Director, (In charge) Student Counselling and Guidance Office
University of Dhaka
Dear Dr. John
I really liked the video of the laughing baby. It was really truly amazing how watching this and beginning to feel the joy and fun that this baby is feeling while he is laughing so hard can make you feel almost instantly better. It was nearly impossible for me to continue to feel down or stressed while watching this video. I really starting feeling my mood lighten and I was almost drawn into laughing along with this child.
This got me thinking that perhaps I haven’t been experiencing enough laughter and joy lately in my personal life. I’m not sure why this is the case — perhaps I’m just not getting out enough. Perhaps I’m not hanging out with the right people lately (perhaps too many people who also have depression or anger issues). Perhaps I just haven’t been seeking out enough fun.
This lecture has definitely provided me lots to think about with respect to interrupting my own anger patterns.
– A grateful student
Dear Dr. John
Let me take a moment to express my gratitude to you for your outstanding work.
Your kindness has been helpful in many ways, but specifically in giving me a few new tools to use in my daily life.
I read your
book Guide to Self… and gleaned fantastic anger management tricks as well as ways to a more mindful way of life when anger slips in. The online video course is even more helpful!
Thank you!
Dear John:
My fiancee and I recently broke up. Before that, I was angry all the time because she wasn’t doing anything. It didn’t take much to set me off. However, due to your course, since we split up, I’m not stressed nearly as much. And since I started reading your book, I now have more patience. I’m also much happier!
Dear Dr. John:
Your book and course have changed my life! I learned that I did not really have an anger issue, but I did have a positivity issue. I only saw the negative in my life, and I put that load on the ones I love most. The images of the buckets of positive and negative thoughts will always be in my mind. Thank you for your videos and keep up the great work!
Here is a comment from Chris, submitted following his completion of the tenth week of the course…
‘There is a very interesting part of
this lecture dealing with positive emotions. I was particularly interested in the part dealing with “Inspiration” and its evil twin “envy”. I, for whatever reason, am particular prone to envy and the anger and anxiety that envious thoughts and feelings engender. I have suffered from envy for almost as long as I can remember although I do think that these feelings really started developing as soon as I entered school and it got really bad when I entered high school. I suppose that envy in high school is a common experience for a lot of people as Dr. Schinnerer suggests in the lecture.
My issues with envy have continued on into university and then in my working career. I find it quite debilitating and it is definitely a source of a great deal of anger and negativity on my part. I will consciously try, going forward, to focus more on inspiration from people that I may envy. I don’t know if this will be possible or not but I will give it a try. I may prove to be difficult to overcome my own insecurities in this way but perhaps it will work.
I also like the points in Part 2 that Dr. Schinnerer makes about people who confuse realism with pessimism. I believe that I have deeply fallen into this trap. I pride myself on my realism and then I go wallow in my sorry and despair! Definitely not a great way to live! Realism (at least not all of the time) is no doubt not much of a virtue as I used to think.
I’m going to work through both action steps this week and that will complete the course. I hope to go through the materials from this course again to re-enforce them a bit more.
Thanks to Dr. Schinnerer for putting this course together and offering it up. It has definitely provided me with some new ways of looking at the way I behave and how I live my life. I hope to make some positive changes going forward. As I’m heading down some new paths I will definitely keep the story of the old donkey in mind as life shovels dirt my way. One step up at a time!
So you see, it can be done. All of these comments came in just one day! And if they can do it, so can you! You can master your anger.
You can make friends with your mind.
Learn how…in this 10 week video class which you can do in the privacy of your own home. Click
for ordering information. Now on sale for only $147.
Click for more info.
There’s more!
Be sure to check out John’s 3-time award-winning blog
(Named Top 3 Blog on the web in positive psychology by PostRank and Top 100 blog by The Daily Reviewer)
For a free one page brochure on , please click .
And HERE is the article I promised on the 12 Most Powerful Tools to Instantly Turn Down the Volume on Anger…
Top 12 Tips to Turn Down Volume on Anger: Anger Management Tips
By John Schinnerer Ph.D.
Is your anger in charge of you? Is your irritability causing trouble at home? Are you held back from your potential because others think you are angry?
Anger is common to all of us. It’s part of what makes us human. Anger is a useful, necessary ingredient in a purposeful life.
However, in some of us, anger is dialed up to a high degree. When anger gets too intense, it may lead to constant irritation, feeling misunderstood, frequent arguments and even physical violence.
It’s troubling because deep down you know if you could just learn some , you would reach your potential and be much more successful at work AND at home. You know deep down that your anger may be undermining your relationships at home and at work. What’s more, there may be some anxiety, stress and sadness mixed in with that anger as well.
What you’re really trying to do is learn , anxiety and stress so that they do not control you.
Free online anger management classes are a fantastic way to do just that. You can find one of the premiere online anger management courses at .
You know if you found proven ways to turn down the volume on your anger and anxiety you could be more successful at work and at home.
I’ve been asked by hundreds of people, ‘Aren’t these tools that EVERYONE should know?’ And my answer is ‘Absolutely!’ The anger management tools in this article (and this video series) are necessary for everyone to the extent they are interested in pursuing personal happiness and professional success.
Keep in mind that the emotional mind requires repetition to improve. While I can share
with you, the best means to manage anger is to go through a weekly series and work the exercises to imprint the needed changes into your emotional mind.
So here we go with some of the best anger management tools known to research…
1. Breathe.
Take a deep breath in through your nose for 6 seconds. Hold your breath for 2 seconds. Breathe out for 8 seconds. Breathe into your abdomen or belly. As you breathe in, your belly should inflate like a balloon. As you exhale, your abdomen should collapse or be pulled in toward your spine. Focus on breathing out all the old stale air in your lungs. Repeat 5 times. Anger locks you into a certain way of viewing and reacting to the world. Your breath is one of your most powerful tools to break the hold of anger. The simple act of breathing deeply throughout the day is one of the
2. Get out in nature.
Take a leisurely stroll outside. Gaze at the trees, the clouds, the plants and the birds. Studies have shown that a mere 20 minutes spent in a natural environment has a restorative effect on the mind. Remember to breathe deeply during your stroll. In June of 2010, a study came out in the Journal of Environmental Psychology showing the vast mental health benefits of spending 20 minutes per day in nature.
Twenty minutes surrounded by trees, birds, plants and fresh air decreases anger, increases vitality, energy, mood and happiness. One of the best ways to get feeling better is to reconnect with nature. Numerous studies have linked increased energy and well-being to exposure to nature.
A simple wilderness excursion leads to increased feelings of happiness, less anger, and better immune system functioning. Exposure to nature is a fundamental tenet in anger management.
3. Get up and stretch.
Anger creates muscle tension. Anger locks your muscles as well as your mind in place. Stretching is another key to unlocking the angry mind. It relaxes tightened muscles. It improves oxygen flow to the brain which enables you to think more clearly. Stretching a basic, yet powerful, anger management tool.
4. Exercise.
Studies show that individuals who exercise more than 20 minutes per day, sleep at least 7 hours per night, and eat healthy foods that are naturally colorful have reduced feelings of anger and irritation, higher levels of happiness and well-being.
Have you worked out today? If not, take a brisk walk for 15-20 minutes (outside in nature of course!) to decrease anger, increase your level of happiness and satisfaction with life. Daily exercise is a critical component of any .
5. Give yourself a pep talk!
Say to yourself, ‘Hey, this is going to be okay!’ Ask yourself, ‘Is this going to matter 10 years from now?’ In most cases, the answer is likely ‘No, it won’t.’
Talking to yourself in an understanding, calming manner is another key anger management tool. Train your brain so that in annoying situations, you tell yourself,
‘I’m supposed to learn something from this situation. I may not know what that is right now, and that’s okay. The calmer I stay, the more likely I can continue
making good decisions.
I am a good person and I have nothing to be ashamed of.’ Another important self-talk statement for anger management is ‘I can do this.’
6. Express your anger early in the anger cycle.
With awareness, let your anger out using words to express why you are angry. First you must work on self-awareness so you know in the moment when you are becoming angry. Before you get to a 5 on a 10 point scale of anger, address the anger before you escalate into a rage. Instead, be conscious of your anger. It’s the only way to figure out exactly what is making you angry. This step involves learning appropriate assertiveness where you can identify what you need and share that need with others in a nonthreatening way. This approach is far better than either sitting on your anger and stuffing it down. It’s also been shown to be more constructive than exploding in a rage which often spirals out of control. Learning appropriate assertiveness is a necessary component of all effective anger management classes.
Pull out a piece of paper and write down your frustrations, irritations and annoyances. What is making you mad? Why is it making you mad?
There’s no need to hold back here. There’s no need to worry about other people’s feelings. No need to be nice here.
The goal of this tool is dump the anger
to release it from your mind.
Continue writing until you feel the anger releasing it’s hold on your mind. Writing exercises have been shown in studies to help you release anger and are essential for any top-notch anger management class.
Now let’s turn to a few positive anger management tools as opposed to negative anger management tools in which you focus on creating a positive emotion rather than eliminating a negative emotion. In other words, let’s look at ways you can shift from a negative state (anger) to a positive feeling state (happiness, gratitude, relaxation).
8. Be Grateful.
Jot down 5 things for which you are grateful in life.
Write down 5 things which you do well.
Note three things that have gone well today and why they went well. For more on this topic, check out a great book, Guide To Self: The Beginner’s Guide to Managing Emotion and Thought. You can pick up a free copy of this award-winning anger management book simply by sharing your email address at ! This two-part exercise where you write down what you are angry about followed by what you are grateful for is a powerful tool unlocking the angry mind.
9. Prayer.
If you are a religious or spiritual person, it’s frequently helpful to pray to God for assistance and patience during this difficult time. Another approach is to focus on what you are thankful for when you pray. Rather than ask God for more courage, more patience, more of anything, come at the issue as if you already have enough of what you need. For instance, ‘Dear Lord, thank you for giving me the patience and calm necessary to deal with these tough times. Thank you for the ability which you have given me to learn and even thrive in these tough economic times.’
10. Change perspective.
Put yourself in the shoes of the person with whom you are angry. See the world from their vantage point. Sometimes we don’t know enough about the person to judge them as good or bad. Sometimes the situation is complicated and a correct decision or action is difficult, if not impossible. This is the strength of empathy. Look at what happened from their viewpoint. The more you practice empathy, the less intense your anger will become. With practice you will come to understand that it is nearly impossible to know enough about another person to judge them, as you haven’t walked every step of their life in their shoes. So we rarely are in a position to judge. Think about how you come across to other people? How would you like to come across? Make a conscious decision today in terms of who you want to be and how you want to behave. Then act as if you are that individual now.
11. Self-compassion.
While self-esteem has to do with how you feel about yourself generally, self-compassion involves how you treats yourself when things go badly. The goal is to treat yourself with the same type of kindness and compassion that most people extend to loved ones when they fail. When someone else makes a mistake, most people will react with some degree of kindness and understanding. Self-compassion seems to turn down the volume on anger typically associated with huge mistakes while still maintaining your sense of personal responsibility. A 2007 study at Duke University found that ‘inducing self-compassion may decouple the relationship between taking responsibility and experiencing negative affect.’ The way in which you do this is to speak to yourself as if you were a three-year-old child. This allows for mistakes (which is a major path for learning), screw ups, and errors. Self-compassion seems to be related to greater resiliency (the ability to bounce back from difficulty) and reduced anger.
12. Act boldly!
Make a conscious decision right now that you are going to muster the courage to face and conquer your anger. Check out my free award-winning eBook at . Sign up for the online anger management skills training course at . Learn all the essential skills to turn down the volume on anger AND to turn up the volume on a happier, more fulfilling life.
It’s amazing what some simple anger management skills training can do for everyone to:
– turn down the volume on your anger and annoyance
– turn up the volume on happiness
– increase your chances of success
– improve your relationships
The most effective anger management courses include the following powerful core concepts:
– Education around the big three negative emotions (anger, sadness and fear)
– Stress management
– Assertiveness training
– The infusion of positive emotion, meaning and purpose in your life
– Humor
Click to download the article above in PDF format.
Top Tools For Anger Management and to Decrease Irritability, Anger, Anxiety and Depression with John Schinnerer, Ph.D. anger management expert.
Check out the myriad of ways in which John Schinnerer, Ph.D., the anger management expert, can help you. Feel free to sign up for some free online anger management classes. You can learn from them in the comfort of your own home (). All we need is your name and email address for access to tons of free anger management tools. By the way, sign up now and receive John’s award-winning 216 page eBook on anger management for FREE.
About the Author, Dr. John Schinnerer
John Schinnerer, Ph.D. is in private practice teaching clients the latest tools for anger management, stress management & ways to turn down the volume on other negative emotions such as sadness. Dr. John served as one of 3 expert consultants to Pixar to train them about anger for their Academy Award-winning movie, Inside Out. He also helps clients discover happier, character-driven, more meaningful lives. Dr. Schinnerer’s offices are in Danville, California 94526. He graduated from U.C. Berkeley with a Ph.D. in educational psychology.
He has been an executive, speaker and coach for over 14 years.
Dr. John is founder of Guide To Self, a company that coaches clients to happiness and success using the latest in positive psychology.
He hosted over 200 episodes of Guide To Self Radio, a daily prime time radio show, in the SF Bay Area.
His areas of expertise range from positive psychology, to emotional awareness, to anger management.
Dr. John Schinnerer’s award-winning blog, , was recently recognized as one of the top 3 in positive psychology on the web (). Dr. John has developed a 6 week online course on positive psychology and happiness at . His new video blog teaches individuals concrete steps for anger management (). His latest online course teaches tools to manage forms of anxiety such as OCD, panic disorder, generalized anxiety and phobias ().
To order the complete anger management course, simply click the button below now to take your first step towards a better life! This button will take you to our sister site,
for secure ordering.
If you know someone who might benefit from this series, please feel free to email them the link .
Share this:
Enter email to subscribe and get the latest ways to manage the mind!
Join 3,063 other followers
240,327 hits
Connecting to %s
Follow &Online Anger Management Class w/ emotion expert Dr. John Schinnerer&
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 3,063 other followers
Send to Email Address
Your Email Address
Post was not sent - check your email addresses!
Email check failed, please try again
Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.}

我要回帖

更多关于 onepiece 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信