On the front page was a large red F with a __ that read,"see meread after mecalss."A.word B.lett

您当前所在位置:
2014优秀英语美文:Keep Your Dream 守护你的梦想
作文频道小编搜集了2014优秀英语美文,希望可以帮助到大家。
I have a friend named Monty Roberts who owns a horse ranch. He has let me use his house to put on fund-raising events. The last time I was there he introduced me by saying: &I want to tell you a story. It all goes back to a story about a young man who was the son of an itinerant horse trainer who would go from stable to stable, race track to race track, farm to farm and ranch to ranch, training horses. As a result, the boy&s high school career was continually interrupted. When he was a senior, he was asked to write a paper about what he wanted to be and do when he grew up.
&That night he wrote a seven-page paper describing his goal of someday owning a horse ranch. He wrote about his dream in great detail and he even drew a diagram of a 200-acre ranch, showing the location of all the buildings, the stables and the track. Then he drew a detailed floor plan for a 4,000-square-foot house that would sit on a 200-acre dream ranch.
&He put a great deal of his heart into the project and the next day he handed it in to his teacher. Two days later he received his paper back. On the front page was a large red F with a note that read, &See me after class.&
&The boy with the dream went to see the teacher after class and asked, &Why did I receive an F?& The teacher said, &This is an unrealistic dream for a young boy like you. You have no money. You come from an itinerant family. You have no resources . Owning a horse ranch requires a lot of money. You have to buy the land. You have to pay for the original breeding stock and later you&ll have to pay large stud fees . There&s no way you could ever do it.& Then the teacher added, &If you will rewrite this paper with a more realistic goal, I will reconsider your grade.&
&The boy went home and thought about it long and hard. He asked his father what he should do. His father said, &Look, son, you have to make up your own mind on this. However, I think it is a very important decision for you.& Finally, after a week, the boy turned in the same paper, making no changes at all. He stated, &You can keep the F and I&ll keep my dream.& &
Monty then turned to the assembled group and said, &I tell you this story because you are sitting in my 4,000-square-foot house in the middle of my 200-acre horse ranch. I still have that school paper framed over the fireplace.& He added, &The best part of the story is that two years ago that same schoolteacher brought 30 kids to camp out on my ranch for a week. When the teacher was leaving, he said, &Look, Monty, I can tell you this now. When I was your teacher, I was something of a dream stealer. During those years I stole a lot of kids& dreams. Fortunately you had enough gumption not to give up on yours.& &
&Don&t let anyone steal your dreams. Follow your heart, no matter what,& Monty at last concluded.
我有一个朋友叫蒙蒂&罗伯茨,他拥有一座养马场。他让我用他的房子作为举办筹集基金活动的地点。上次我在他那儿时,他跟我说:&我想给你讲一个故事。这要追溯到一个年轻人身上发生的故事,他是一位巡回驯马师的儿子,他的驯马师父亲从马厩到赛马场,从农庄到牧场,负责训练那里的马匹。结果,这个男孩的中学生涯就不断地被中断。当他成为一名高年级学生的时候,老师要求他写一篇文章,内容有关他长大后想成为什么人以及想做些什么。
&那天夜里,他写了长达七页的文章,描述了自己将来有一天能拥有一座养马场的目标。他极其详细地介绍了自己的这个梦想,甚至还画出了一幅200英亩牧场的示意图,在上面标出所有建筑、马厩和跑道的具体位置。然后他又画了一幅面积达4,000平方英尺的房屋平面图,这栋房子会坐落在200英亩的梦想牧场上。
&他在这个项目上投入了很多心血,第二天,他把文章交给了老师。两天后,他收到了自己的文章。在第一页上,有一个大大的红色F,并带有一条批注:&课后来见我。&
&这个怀揣梦想的男孩课后去见那位老师,他问:&为什么我得了一个F?&老师回答说:&对于像你这样的小男孩来说,这是一个不切实际的梦想。你没钱。你出身于一个居无定所的家庭。你也没什么才智谋略。要拥有一座养马场需要很多钱。你得买地。你还得为原有的种畜付钱,之后,你将要支付大笔的种马费。你是永远也无法做到的。&随后,老师又补充道:&如果你针对一个更为实际的目标重写这篇文章的话,我会重新考虑你的成绩的。&
&这个男孩回家苦苦思索了很久,他问自己的父亲他该做些什么。父亲回答说:&哎,儿子,你必须要在这件事上自己下定决心。不过,我认为这对你来说是一个非常重要的决定。&最终,男孩在一周后交上了同样一篇文章,他根本没做任何更改。他表明:&你可以保留这个F,而我将继续怀有我的这个梦想。&&
然后,蒙蒂转向聚集的人群说:&我告诉你们这个故事,是因为你们目前正坐在我4,000平方英尺的房子里,它就坐落在我这200英亩的养马场中心。我依然留着那份学校论文,把它装在镜框里,挂在壁炉的上方。&他补充道:&这个故事里最精彩的部分是,就在两年前,同一位老师带着30个孩子在我的牧场上露营了一周的时间。当那位老师离开时,他说:&喂,蒙蒂,我现在可以对你说这些了,当我做你老师的时候,我其实有点儿像一个偷梦人。在那些岁月里,我偷走了很多孩子的梦想。但幸运的是,你有足够的魄力,没有放弃自己的梦想。&&
&不要让任何人偷走你的梦想。无论怎样都要跟随你自己的心,&蒙蒂最后总结道。
以上是由精品学习网为大家整理的2014优秀英语美文,如果您觉得有用,请继续关注精品学习网。
本文标签:
精品作文热门推荐[][][][][][][][][][]
精品作文最新推荐
最新发布作文精选2012年大连市中考英语试题答案及题源分析_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
2012年大连市中考英语试题答案及题源分析
上传于||文档简介
&&薛​益​谦​老​师​第​一​时​间​对​大​连​市​中​考​英​语​试​题​答​案​进​行​深​度​分​析​,​值​得​一​看
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用0下载券
想免费下载更多文档?
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩12页未读,继续阅读
你可能喜欢九年级英语猜题卷_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
九年级英语猜题卷
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用1下载券
想免费下载本文?
你可能喜欢英语美文 坚持梦想的罗伯茨_英语美文欣赏_爱思网
英语美文 坚持梦想的罗伯茨
英语美文 坚持梦想的罗伯茨&&  I have a friend named Monty Roberts who owns a horse ranch in San Ysidro. He has let me use his house to put on fund-raising events to raise money for youth at risk programs。
  我有个朋友叫蒙提&罗伯茨,他在圣思多罗有座牧马场。我常借用他宽敞的住宅举办募款活动,以便为帮助青少年的计划筹备基金。
  The last time I was there he introduced me by saying, &I want to tell you why I let Jack use my house. It all goes back to a story about a young man who was the son of an itinerant horse trainer who would go from stable to stable, race track to race track, farm to farm and ranch to ranch, training horses. As a result, the boy's high school career was continually interrupted. When he was a senior, he was asked to write a paper about what he wanted to be and do when he grew up.&
  上次活动时,他在致辞中提到:&我让杰克借用住宅是有原因的。这故事跟一个小男孩有关,他的父亲是位马术师,他从小就必须跟着父亲东奔西跑,男孩的求学过程并不顺利。高中时,有次老师叫全班同学写报告,题目是长大后的愿望。&
  坚持梦想的罗伯茨
  &That night he wrote a seven-page paper describing his goal of someday owning a horse ranch. He wrote about his dream in great detail and he even drew a diagram of a 200-acre ranch, showing the location of all the buildings, the stables and the track. Then he drew a detailed floor plan for a 4,000-square-foot house that would sit on a 200-acre dream ranch.&
  &那晚他洋洋洒洒地写了七张纸,描述他的伟大愿望,那就是想拥有一座属于自己的牧马农场,并且仔细画了一张200亩农场的设计图,上面标有马厩、跑道等的位置,然后在这一大片农场中央,还要建造一栋占地4000平方英尺的巨宅。&
  &He put a great deal of his heart into the project and the next day he handed it in to his teacher. Two days later he received his paper back. On the front page was a large red F with a note that read, &See me after class.&&
  &他花了好大心血把报告完成,第二天交给了老师。两天后他拿回了报告,第一页上打了一个又红又大的F,旁边还写了一行字:下课后来见我。&
  &The boy with the dream went to see the teacher after class and asked, &Why did I receive an F?&&
  &脑中充满幻想的他下课后带着报告去找老师:&为什么给我不及格?&&
 &The teacher said, &This is an unrealistic dream for a young boy like you. You have no money. You come from an itinerant family. You have no resources. Owning a horse ranch requires a lot of money. You have to buy the land. You have to pay for the original breeding stock and later you'll have to pay large stud fees. There's no way you could ever do it.& Then the teacher added, &If you will rewrite this paper with a more realistic goal, I will reconsider your grade.&&
  &老师回答道:&你年纪轻轻,不要老做白日梦。你没钱,没家庭背景,什么都没有。盖座农场可是个花钱的大工程;你要花钱买地、花钱买纯种马匹、花钱照顾它们。你别太好高骛远了。&他接着又说:&如果你肯重写一个比较不离谱的愿望,我会重新给你打分。&&
  &The boy went home and thought about it long and hard. He asked his father what he should do. His father said, &Look, son, you have to make up your own mind on this. However, I think it is a very important decision for you.&&
  &这男孩回家后反复思量了好几次,然后征询父亲的意见。父亲只是告诉他:&儿子,这是非常重要的决定,你必须自己拿定主意。&&
  &Finally, after sitting with it for a week, the boy turned in the same paper, making no changes at all. He stated, &You can keep the F and I'll keep my dream.&&
  &再三考虑好几天后,他决定原稿交回,一个字都不改。他告诉老师:&即使不及格,我也不愿放弃梦想。&&
  Monty then turned to the assembled group and said, &I tell you this story because you are sitting in my 4,000-square-foot house in the middle of my 200-acre horse ranch. I still have that school paper framed over the fireplace.& He added, &The best part of the story is that two summers ago that same schoolteacher brought 30 kids to camp out on my ranch for a week.& When the teacher was leaving, he said, &Look, Monty, I can tell you this now. When I was your teacher, I was something of a dream stealer. During those years I stole a lot of kids' dreams. Fortunately you had enough gumption not to give up on yours.&&
  蒙提此时向众人表示:&我提起这故事,是因为各位现在就坐在200亩农场内,占地4000平方英尺的豪华住宅。那份高中时写的报告我至今还留着。他顿了一下又说:&有意思的是,两年前的夏天,那位老师带了30个学生来我农场露营一星期。离开之前,他对我说:&蒙提,说来有些惭愧。你读高中时,我曾泼过你冷水。这些年来,我也对不少学生说过相同的话。幸亏你有这个毅力坚持自己的梦想。&&
  Don't let anyone steal your dreams. Follow your heart, no matter what。
  不论做什么事,相信你自己,别让别人的一句话将你击倒。
如果觉得英语美文 坚持梦想的罗伯茨 , 英语美文摘抄,晨读英语美文100篇,经典英语美文这篇文章不错,可以推荐给朋友分享哦。
   tags:英语教学 - 初中英语 - 英语美文欣赏,英语美文摘抄,晨读英语美文100篇,经典英语美文
更多英语美文欣赏相关资料
·上一篇文章:
英语美文 坚持梦想的罗伯茨
在百度中搜索相关文章:
在谷歌中搜索相关文章:
在soso中搜索相关文章:
在搜狗中搜索相关文章:
英语美文 坚持梦想的罗伯茨我想找一个短的英文小故事··带翻译的·_百度知道
我想找一个短的英文小故事··带翻译的·
我想找一个短的英文小故事··带翻译的···谢谢
提问者采纳
I was something of a dream stealer,有次老师叫全班同学写报告, showing the location of all the buildings,那位老师带了30个学生来我农场露营一星期。”“He put a great deal of his heart into the project and the next day he handed it in to his teacher?’”“The teacher said。” That night he wrote a seven-page paper describing his goal of someday owning a horse ranch。’”Monty then turned to the assembled group and said,他在圣思多罗有座牧马场, the boy’s high school career was continually interrupted,我也对不少学生说过相同的话. However. It all goes back to a story about a young man who was the son of an itinerant horse trainer who would go from stable to stable, ‘This is an unrealistic dream for a young boy like you。’他接着又说. His father said,什么都没有,旁边还写了一行字.” 上次活动时,占地4, son. On the front page was a large red F with a note that read。我常借用他宽敞的住宅举办募款活动:“我提起这故事:‘即使不及格,他决定原稿交回. When I was your teacher, training horses:‘如果你肯重写一个比较不离谱的志愿,描述他的伟大志愿,他从小就必须跟着父亲东奔西跑?’”“脑中充满幻想的他下课后带着报告去找老师:“有意思的是,000-square-foot house in the middle of my 200-acre horse ranch,相信你自己, after sitting with it for a week, ‘Look. You have to pay for the original breeding stock and later you’ll have to pay large stud fees, you have to make up your own mind on this,第一页上打了一个又红又大的F,一个字都不改.” He added。盖座农场可是个花钱的大工程,以便为帮助青少年的计划筹备基金. You come from an itinerant family,然后征询父亲的意见, “The best part of the story is that two summers ago that same schoolteacher brought 30 kids to camp out on my ranch for a week。离开之前。The last time I was there he introduced me by saying.’” “他花了好大心血把报告完成.” When the teacher was leaving.’ Then the teacher added. You have to buy the land, I can tell you this now, I think it is a very important decision for you。’”Don’t let anyone steal your dreams。你读高中时。’”“The boy went home and thought about it long and hard, “I want to tell you why I let Jack use my house:‘为什么给我不及格。他告诉老师,男孩的求学过程并不顺利, he said, making no changes at all, race track to race track. Follow your heart;你要花钱买地。这些年来,还要建造一栋占地4. I still have that school paper framed over the fireplace,不要老做白日梦。’” “Finally, ‘If you will rewrite this paper with a more realistic goal, farm to farm and ranch to ranch.’”“这男孩回家后反复思量了好几次:下课后来见我、花钱照顾它们,第二天交给了老师. As a result,他对我说。这故事跟一个小男孩有关.罗伯兹.不论做什么事.” “那晚他洋洋洒洒地写了七张纸。高中时, he was asked to write a paper about what he wanted to be and do when he grew up. There’s no way you could ever do it:‘儿子,他在致辞中提到,000平方英尺的巨宅, “I tell you this story because you are sitting in my 4, no matter what. He asked his father what he should do. Then he drew a detailed floor plan for a 4. Owning a horse ranch requires a lot of money. He has let me use his house to put on fund-raising events to raise money for youth at risk programs. Fortunately you had enough gumption not to give up on yours,没家庭背景,他的父亲是位马术师。你别太好高骛远了。那份高中时写的报告我至今还留着,并且仔细画了一张200亩农场的设计图,000平方英尺的豪华住宅,题目是长大后的志愿:‘你年纪轻轻, ‘Look. He wrote about his dream in great detail and he even drew a diagram of a 200-acre ranch:“我让杰克借用住宅是有原因的, the boy turned in the same paper. 我有个朋友叫蒙提。幸亏你有这个毅力坚持自己的梦想, ‘See me after class,那就是想拥有一座属于自己的牧马农场,上面标有马厩。”“The boy with the dream went to see the teacher after class and asked,我曾泼过你冷水, ‘Why did I receive an F。他顿了一下又说、跑道等的位置,我会重新给你打分,然后在这一大片农场中央,是因为各位现在就坐在200亩农场内,你必须自己拿定主意. Two days later he received his paper back,我也不愿放弃梦想.’” “再三考虑好几天后,说来有些惭愧。两天后他拿回了报告. You have no money:‘蒙提. You have no resources。父亲只是告诉他,这是非常重要的决定, I will reconsider your grade.’”“老师回答道. When he was a senior、花钱买纯种马匹,两年前的夏天. He stated, ‘You can keep the F and I’ll keep my dreamI have a friend named Monty Roberts who owns a horse ranch in San Ysidro.’”
蒙提此时向众人表示, the stables and the track,000-square-foot house that would sit on a 200-acre dream ranch. During those years I stole a lot of kids’ dreams,别让别人的一句话将你击倒。你没钱, Monty
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
其他4条回答
旁白: 周六是个娱乐的日子, 大家都喜欢在这天放松一下。这个周六尼克在赛奥家里。天气很冷,下着雪, 他们打算一起玩。
赛奥的妈妈: 赛奥, 你不能穿这些衣服出去玩。
赛奥: 为什么,妈妈??
赛奥的妈妈:哦, 看看尼克, 这可是冬天,你得看天气穿衣服,看看外面风大,天阴,很冷的, 还下着雪。
赛奥: 哦,不是的,妈妈。
赛奥的妈妈:不,你还穿着凉鞋,短裤,体恤衫,赛奥, 你像是在过春天和夏天。外面没有太阳,也不热!!!!。
赛奥: 妈妈, 不是的, 我们不是。。。。
赛奥的妈妈:噢,噢 我不想听你说这些。
赛奥: 但是, 我不需要。。。。。。。