if your friend is goinghow to celebratee her or birthday, what will i do? if i have money, i sure will b

January 26, 2015 & By Jazmine Denise Rogers
Share on Facebook
Tweet this
Pin this on Pinterest
Email this story
Congratulations to Yasmin Eleby who recently married herself in a beautiful wedding !
— Tyrone Willis (@SayTyrone) With her 40th birthday approaching and no potential husband in sight, Yasmin Eleby chose to gift herself with the elaborate wedding she’d always dreamed of. However, instead of vowing to love, forgive and honor a significant other, the Houston resident made the lifelong promises to herself.The ceremony was held at the Houston Museum of African American Culture on Saturday, January 3 and included 10 bridesmaids and three ministers, who assisted with the spiritual ceremony. She was walked down the aisle and given away (or as
put it, given back to herself) by her mother. Entertainment for the evening included live music provided by guitarist Ben Black, poet Deidra Smith and singer Rennette E. Lucien. The ceremony was coordinated by event planner Darrell Colone.“I really don’t have the words to adequately describe the plethora of emotions that I’ve felt over the past few weeks, particularly on Saturday, January 3rd,” the bride gushed on Facebook. “I was overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and support that was shown to me during my celebration of love and life. Shana, Sandra, James, Deidra, Rennette, Brandy, Ben, and Darrell: every word that was said and sung was absolutely perfect for the occasion.
I couldn’t imagine the ceremony being any more poignant and meaningful. You really gave me, as well as everyone in that room, some valuable advice and things to think about. When I was singing ‘I Believe I Can Fly’ and got to the second verse I was instantly struck with the realization that I am indeed ‘flying!’ I’m doing so many things that I only dreamed about and never thought would be possible. I want to encourage each of you to spread your wings and fly! You are not too old and it’s not too late to try something different, learn a new skill, travel to exciting places, etc….Don’t be afraid to take risks. I’ve learned that family and friends are always willing to welcome you back home if/when you decide to return. Thank you once again to each and every person that took the time out of their busy schedule to help me celebrate turning 40! A special thanks to all of my beautiful sisters, sorority sisters, and friends that stood up with me. I truly appreciate your sacrifice to be with me that day. It was great seeing so many friends (old and new) and family there.”Interestingly, Eleby first announced that she would be marrying herself back in May of 2013 on Facebook.“Did you guys really think I would get married without letting anybody know????? I want all y’all to dance at my wedding so I wouldn’t do it without you! So be ready by 2015!!!!!!” she announced to friends.FacebookHoneymoon plans are unclear, but according to BAIA, Eleby enjoys traveling and intends to visit Cambodia, Laos, and the jazz festival taking place in Dubai this year.While some have applauded the bride, expressing that her ceremony demonstrated the ultimate act of self-love, others have criticized her for being “desperate” and making a mockery of marriage. What are your thoughts on Yasmin’s decision to marry herself? Check out more photos from the ceremony on the following pages.Facebook
Share on Facebook
Tweet this
Pin this on Pinterest
Email this story
Like this article? You'll adore our newsletter.
MadameNoire Video
Pingback: ()
Stay in the know.Sign up for the newsletter.
Connect with us
Follow uson Twitter
Like uson Facebook
Popular Storiessharesviews
5,010 Shares
1,738 Shares
1,475 Shares
1,302 Shares
858 Shares
8 Comments
5 Comments
1 Comments
0 Comments& 七年级英语牛津7A Unit 1 教案
七年级英语牛津7A Unit 1 教案
[导读]7A Unit 1 教案 This is me! Welcome to the unit 1. Warm-up activities ? Exchange some personal information with the Ss (name etc.). Say I'm your new teacher. How can you call me at school? Encourage them
7A Unit 1 教案
    This is me!
    Welcome to the unit
1. Warm-up activities
? Exchange some personal information with the Ss (name etc.).
Say I'm your new teacher. How can you call me at school?
Encourage them to talk freely. Then say You can call me
Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms...
? Show the Ss the pictures we have prepared already. Explain that 'Mr' is used for both single and married men, 'Mrs' is for married women only and 'Miss' is for single women only. For more able Ss, explain that 'Ms' is for both single and married women. Help the Ss to address them in right ways.
? Present the new words.
Master----Point to the first picture and say This is Mr Green. He likes dogs very much. He has a dog at home. So he is the dog's master. Ask the Ss Do you like animals? Do you like dogs/cats? Do you have a dog/ a cat at home? Is it big or small? What colour is it? Are you a good master of your dog/cat?
Look after----Say Mr Green is a good master. He looks after his little dog very well. Can you look after a little animal? Do you give it some nice food? What do you give it to eat? Do you give it a warm room to sleep at night? Do you take it to the park for a walk everyday? Do you play with it? A good master should look after your dog/cat as your good friend.
E-dog---- Say Look, there are two dogs here. Are they the same? No, they are different. Can you tell me what is the difference? Elicit the different places. (colour, size etc.) Anything else? Look at the yellow one. It's a real dog. It can eat and sleep. What about the blue one? Can it eat? Can it sleep? No. Why? It's not a real dog. It's an e-dog. Do you have an e-dog at home?
Instruction book---- Say Do you know how to look after an e-dog? Here is a book for you to read. Then you know how to look after the e-dog. This book is an instruction book.
More examples can be given if time permits.
? Show the comic strip to the Ss and give some questions for them to prepare. Then read the dialogue between two dogs for the Ss.
1) What's the yellow dog's name?
    2) What's the e-dog's name?
    3) Who is the master?
    4) Is Eddie happy in Picture 1? Why?
    5) Is Eddie happy in Picture 4? Why?
? Ask the Ss to repeat the dialogue after you, imitating your
pronunciation and intonation.
Ss read the dialogue in pairs. Then act it out.
2. Meeting new friends
? Say Eddie has an e-dog. Its name is Hobo. So Eddie is Hobo's master. But do you know who is Eddie's master? His master is Millie.
Show the picture and say We are meeting 6 new friends now. Millie is one of them. Listen carefully and find out. Read the dialogues for the Ss.
? Read it again. This time they must try to remember the names as many as possible. Then collect the names from them.
? Ss repeat after you. Pay attention to use different voices to differentiate the different characters.
? Divide the class into pairs. Then they read the conversation.
3. Greetings
? Say Look at Amy and Simon. When is it now? It's in the morning. So they say good morning to each other. Look at the clocks and tell me the time. Present the different parts of the day. ? Ask Ss to do Part B1 alone.
? Ss work in pairs to practise introducing oneself. Use the sentences they have learned in this lesson.
4. Homework
    Unit 1
    This is me!
    Reading1. Review? Review the last lesson by greeting the Ss Hi/Hello, I'm... What's your name? Good morning/afternoon.
? Ask the Ss to identify the six new friends at Beijing Sunshine Secondary School.
2. Presentation
? Ask Ss to find out the features of the six characters according to the pictures.
Amy-This is Amy. Is she tall or short? Is her hair short ?
Simon-This is Simon. Is he tall or short?
Millie-Look at Millie. Her hair is very short.
Kitty-She is small. Is her hair long or short? She has long hair in bunches.
Kitty is a good student. Teachers love her very much. Why? Because
she works hard.
Sandy-Sandy is a lovely girl. She is quite tall. Is she fat or slim? Look at her
    hair. Is it short? She has long hair in a ponytail. What is the colour?
    What is on her nose? She wears glasses.
Daniel-What about Daniel? Does he wear glasses? Is he tall? Daniel is a good boy. He often says 'thank you' to others. He is very polite.
? Ask one student How old are you? Oh, you are...years old. Repeat with more Ss. Give Ss more information about yourself. Say I am ...(years old). I am not very ...(short/tall). I'm ...(short/tall). I love/enjoy...(English/Chinese/Maths, reading/dancing/drawing etc.). I am clever at.../ But I am not clever at...
3. Practice
? Show some pictures to the Ss to practise I love/ enjoy ...(sth./ -ing).
I am clever at...by asking Do you love/enjoy...? Are you clever at...?
Teach helpful, music, basketball, and Maths.
? Ask Ss to describe the girl in the picture using the new words.
Teach come from and be born.
4. Listening
? Play the tape for the Ss to listen. Ask them What are their Chinese names?
? Ss listen and follow the text in their books then answer some questions.
1) How old is Millie?
     2) Is she in the reading team?
     3) Does Simon come from Beijing?
     4) Where was he born?
     5) Is Sandy short and quite slim?
     6) What about her hair?
? Divide the class into six groups and assign one central character to each group.
? Ask Ss to read the assigned profile on their own.
5. Workbook
6. Homework
    Unit 1    This is me!
    Reading1. Review? Review the words by a dictation.
? Ask the Ss In our class who is tall? Who is quite slim in our class? Who wears glasses in our class? Who has black hair in a ponytail? Who plays football in our class? Who loves basketball? Who loves music? Who enjoys reading? Who is clever at Chinese/Maths/English? Who was not born in Nanjing? Who works very hard?2. Part D1? Say Do you remember the six friends at Beijing Sunshine Secondary School?
What are their names? What do they love doing? Ask Ss finish the form.
? Ask Ss to finish Part D1 from memory. Tell less able Ss to refer to the profiles on page 4.
? Check their answers with their partners.3. Part C? Ss read the six profiles once more.
? Set this task as a quiz. Divide the class into pairs and set a time limit. The pair who gets all the correct answers first is the winner.
? Ask Ss to correct the false statements.
? Give more able Ss extra exercises.
1) Millie lives in a flat in Shanghai.
    2) Simon's cousin's name is Annie.
    3) Sandy is short.
    4) Amy's Chinese name is Zhao Aijia.
    5) Kitty wears glasses.
    6) Daniel's parents come from Shanghai.4. Part B? Ss finish a summary of the five characters in Part B according to the form.
? After they have finished, tell Ss to work in pairs and compare answers.
? Tell Ss to read the passage on page 4 again to check for specific information. Point out that they should not read every word but scan for specific details only. Set a time limit.
5. Extension activities
? Ask every student to write a personal profile of a classmate, a teacher or anyone else who is well known to them.
? Ask one of the Ss to read the profile to the class. The other Ss have to guess who the person is.6. Part D2? Ask each student to complete a profile of himself/herself.
? Get some of them to introduce themselves in front.
7. Workbook
8. Homework
    Unit 1
    This is me!
    Vocabulary1. Review? Review the words by a dictation
? Ask some students to introduce themselves.2. Writing? Say How to write profiles? What can you tell your friends? Encourage Ss to express their own opinions.
? Collect the information and put it together.
What is your name?
What are you like?
How old are you?
What do you love?
Where do you come from?
What about your parents?
Where do you live?...? Ask Ss to make a profile of Ss in class, later come to friends and read it, let Ss guess who he/she is.3. Part A? Say I find boys love playing basketball very much in our class. What about girls? Do you love sports? Ask Ss what sports they know the English word for.
? Ask Ss to complete Part A. Check answers orally with the class.4. Part B? Ask questions about sports to elicit the words from the Ss. What do you need when you play...? Where do you play...?
Help Ss understand tennis racket, tennis court, football boots, football field, swimsuit, swimming pool.
? Ask Ss to complete the sentences on their own. Ask several Ss to read out their answers.
5. Extension activities
? Show some pictures to Ss and ask them to finish the tables.SportWhere
Special clothes----EquipmentTeam sportSportWhereSpecial clothesEquipmentTeam sportSportWhere
Special clothesEquipmentTeam sport  6. Workbook
7. Homework
               Unit 1
    This is me!
    Grammar1.
Review? Review the words by a dictation.
? Ask the Ss Do you have any hobbies? What do you like?
2. Presentation
? Ask the Ss Who is this girl? Where does she live in? Put She lives in Beijing. on the Bb. Say What about you? Do you live in Beijing? Where do you live in? Put I live in Naijing. on the Bb.
? Ask What does Millie have at home? Does she have a cat? No, she has a dog. Do dogs love fish? What loves fish? Put Cats eat fish. on the Bb. Say Where do fish live? Put Fish live in water. on the Bb.
? Ask What does Millie love doing? Does she love swimming? Put She reads books everyday. on the Bb. Say What about you? Put I do my homework every evening. on the Bb.
? Point to the sentences on the Bb and say
She lives in Beijing. I live in Naijing.
These are things that are true now.
Cats eat fish.
Fish live in water. They are things that are always true.
She reads books everyday.
I do my homework every evening.
They are things that we do regularly.
? Explain that we use the simple present tense to talk about things that
* are always true
* are true now
* we do regularly
3. Practice
? Ask Ss to classify this sentence Simon plays football after school.
? Give Ss more examples in order to help them understand the usage of the simple present tense.
1) I teach in a middle school.
2) I get up at 6 o'clock.
3) I take a bus to work.
4) I come from China.
5) I have a daughter.
6) I like milk.
Ss finish Part A in their books.
4. Presentation
? Teach positive and negative sentences in the simple present tense using the sentences on the Bb.
She lives in Beijing.
I don't live in Beijing.
  I live in Nanjing.
Amy doesn't live in Nanjing.
Cats eat fish.
Pandas don't eat fish.
Fish live in water.
Birds don't live in water.
She reads books everyday.
Her dog doesn't read books.
I do my homework every evening.
My daughter doesn't do her
homework every evening.
Help them find out the rules. Then ask Ss to have a look at Page 8.
5. Practice
Change the sentences in Part A into negatives after the model.
Model: 1. I live in a flat in Beijing. (she)
She doesn't live in a flat in Beijing.
1) I have breakfast at 7 a.m. (you)
2) I go to school with my friend. (they)
3) I love my cousin Andy very much. (my father)
4) I talk to my classmates at lunchtime. (my dog)
5) I take my dog for a walk every day. (Andy)
6) I play volleyball. (Lucy and Lily)
7) I drink orange juice. (we)
8) I like reading. (my friends)
Complete the sentences.
1) Mr Liu__________(teach) in a middle school.
2) I __________ (get up) at 6 o'clock.
3) He__________(take) a bus to work.
4) You_________(come) from China.
5) Birds_________(fly) in the sky.
6) That woman___________ (look) young.
Presentation
? Go through the table on page 9. The table shows verb form changes for the simple present tense in the third person singular. Check their understanding by asking them to change other verbs.
? Ask Ss to complete the exercise in Part B on their own.
? Go through it with the whole class.
Consolidation
Ask pairs of Ss to act out the conversation.
Ask Ss to complete 'Work out the rule!" at the bottom of page 9.
               Unit 1
    This is me!
    Grammar1. Review?
Ask students to add an 's' to the verb.
Ask the Ss some questions.
Do you dance every day? Does your father wear glasses?
Do you have ponytails?
Does(( love playing football?
Do your parents swim in the summer? Do your friends go to school by bike?
2. Presentation
? Ask students Do you like friends? Do you have many friends? Do you have a penfriend? Millie has a penfriend. This penfriend e-mailed Millie some pictures. Let's have a look at the pictures.
? Show the pictures to Ss and say Who's the man in Picture 1? What's the name of Millie's penfriend? Help the Ss to find out in the e-mail. Who's the woman in Picture 2? Who are they in Picture 3? Teach grandparent(s). Who is this in Picture 4? Here are some pictures of Raymond's family. How many people are there in his family? There are six members in his family. How many members are there in your family?
? Ask Ss Look at Picture 1. What does Raymond's father do every day? Help them to answer He plays tennis every day.
3. Practise
? Ask Ss to complete the sentences with the correct forms of the verbs in brackets.
? Ss read the e-mail after the teacher, then read it together.
4. Presentation
? Say We know Raymond's family now. We know his father likes playing tennis. Is he happy when he plays tennis? Yes, he is happy. Put it on the Bb.
? Show some pictures and say Raymond's father is happy. What about this girl? Is she happy? Yes. She is happy. Look at the boy. Is he happy? No. He is not happy. Is the dog happy? No. It isn't happy. Are the dog and the cat happy? Yes. They are happy. What about you? Are you happy? Yes. I am happy. We are happy. Put them on the Bb.  5.
Ask the Ss to read the tables on page 10 and 11.
Ss finish Part D. Teach best and world.
? Write lines of mixed-up words on the board. Ask students to make positive statements.
1) my she English teacher is
2) best we the world friends are in the
3) football player is good Simon a
4) are my class in Millie Sandy and
5) not he does tennis play
? Ask them to change the positive statement into negatives and questions.
? Say Millie is talking about her new classmates. Can you complete their conversation? Ss finish it on their own. Then check the answers.
? Ask students to role-play the conversation with their partners. Check for correct answers and pronunciation.
? Ask Ss to tal their classmates and the teachers.
? Some pairs come to the front and act out their dialogues.
? Say Now, we know more about the classmates and the teachers. Do you like your classmates? Do you like your teachers? Do you like doing your homework? Do you like watching TV? Do you watch TV every day? I think you watch TV at the weekend. On Saturday or Sunday, how many hours can you watch TV? What do you do at the weekend? Do you go running in the morning? Do you play football? Are you good at it? Do you go to your grandparents' home? Do you have dinner with them? Do your parents take you to the KFC(restaurant) to have dinner? Always(at all times) or sometimes? You have a happy family. I hope you and your family are well.
? Say Simon has a happy family, too. He is writing to his penfriend about what his family do at the weekend. Can you help him to complete his letter?
? In pairs, students check their answers.
? Tell students to write a letter to a penfriend about what they do at the

Welcome to the unit
I. Presentation
Do you go to school every day? Does your father go to school every day? Why don't we go to school on Sunday? Because it is a holiday.
What day is a holiday, too? ( 出示日历本,翻到1月1日 及其他节日。月份名称未学过,故不要提及月、日 )
What holiday is it? It is New Year's Day. It's a festival of the people in the world.
What is this festival called? It is called Women's Day. It is the festival of all the women in the whole world.
Do you know the name of this festival? Yes. It is called Children's Day. It is your festival, right?
We have many festivals in a year. ( 按4、2、6的顺序出示教科书P. 35的图片 )
What are these? These are firecrackers. When do we let off firecrackers? At Chinese New Year. We call it Spring Festival. How do the Chinese people celebrate the festival? On that day people dress up in new clothes, eat dumplings. Children can get red packets from their parents or other old people.
What's this? ( Full moon. ) What's in the boy's hand? It's a mooncake. When do people eat mooncakes? At the Mid-Autumn Festival.
What's this? It is a boat. And What is it look like? It looks like a dragon. We call the boat like this a dragon boat What are the people doing? They are boating. They're having a boat race. Why do they have a boat race? Because it is the Dragon Boat Festival. How do people celebrate the festival? They boat and eat rice dumplings. Look! These are rice dumplings.
What other festivals do you know? Look at the pictures in your books. Can you tell us the names of these festivals?
II. Translation
1. A: 一年中有多少节日?
B: 太多啦!
A: 你能用英语说出他们的名称吗?
B: 当然能!中国新年、妇女节、儿童节、端午节、中秋节。
A: 这些都是中国人的节日。 你知道美国人过哪些节吗?
B: 知道。他们过复活节、万圣节前夜、圣诞节。
A: 你们为什么叫中国新年为春节?
B: 因为这个节日在春天。
A: 你们怎么过春节?
B: 中央电视台每年都举行春节晚会。每个家庭会在一起吃团圆饭 ( have a big dinner
together )。孩子们喜欢放鞭炮。大家都穿上新衣服。哇!真是太有意思了!春节是我
最喜爱的节日。
I. Presentation
( To A ) When were you born? ( A:
... ) So ... is your special day. ( To B ) Is ... your special day? No, it isn't. His birthday is his special day. My birthday is my special day. What do you usually do for your birthday? We usually have a birthday party on the evening of our birthday. And what do you eat to celebrate the birthday. What do your friends shout when you cut the cake? "Happy birthday."
What special days do we have in a year? ( 复习已知的节日名称 )
Do you know how people in the west celebrate Halloween? Millie got a letter about Halloween from her penfriend in the USA. Let's read it and find out: What do people do for Halloween?
II. Answer the questions
1. Who wrote the letter?
Who did Wendy write to? When did Wendy write the letter? Why did
Wendy thank Millie? Do the people in England celebrate the Mid-Autumn Day?
What festival do they celebrate instead? Which is Wendy's favourite festival?
2. What do people in the USA do for Halloween? What game do they play? Can you tell me about the game? How do people play the game? Why do children play a trick on people?
3. What costumes do Wendy and hid friends wear at Halloween?
What costume will Wendy wear this year?
4. What do they make for Halloween? Do you know how to make the lanterns?
5. What do Wendy's family always do on the evening of October 31st? When does it usually start? What do they eat and drink at the party? Why do they have hot drink and hot food?
1. 朗读课文
2. 采用谈话式作书中的A。( 每幅图要提3 --- 4个问题。 如图1: What's this? What is it made of? When do people make pumpkin lanterns? Tell us how to make a pumpkin lantern? ) 可结合C2的图一块谈。(注:将图打出时,不要打出词、句。)
    3. 填完B后,可由学生针对每句提问。
    4. 填完C1后,按顺序写出提纲,并根据提纲复述课文。
II. 巩固知识点
1. 请告诉我(他、她、我们、他们)关于你家(你们班、你们学校、南京、春节)的情况。
2. 你知道那个名叫Tom的男孩(哈利·波特的书、Titanic的电影、王强的老师)吗?
3. 十月二十一号晚上我要举行生日晚会。
星期六的上午我们要上学。 我们星期一的下午总是有英语课。
4. 为过中秋节你们做些什么?
你打算为你父亲的生日做些什么? 我打算为我父亲的生日做一张漂亮的贺卡。
补充阅读材料
( A ) Tomorrow is Mid-Autumn Festival. People eat
on that day. Why do we
them mooncakes? Because the cakes are
, like the
people often stay in the open air and eat mooncakes. But some people like
near the rivers with their families. There are
kinds ( 种类 ) of mooncakes in my family this year. Some have nuts ( 果仁 ) in them, some have meat. The other ones
eggs in them. I give one with meat to my brother Tom. It's very
But tom likes small ones with eggs. He says they are very
) 1. A. mooncakes
D. chicken
) 2. A. say
) 3. A. long
) 4. A. sun
) 5. A. noon
) 6. A. walking
B. running
C. boating
D. swimming
) 7. A. four
) 8. A. has
) 9. A. round
) 10. A. bad
( B ) Every year people celebrate the Spring Festival in China. Usually it is in January or February. It is the most important ( 重要的 ) festival in China. So before it comes, Everyone buy many things, and they often make a special kind of food called dumplings. It means "come together". Parents always buy new clothes for their children and children also buy presents for their parents. On the Spring Festival Eve ( 前夕 ), all the family members come back home. they sing, dance and play cards. When they enjoy the meal, they give each other the best wishes ( 祝愿 ) for the coming year. They all have a good time.
1. ___________________________ is the most important festival in China.
2. The Chinese usually have their Spring Festival in _________________________.
3. ______________________ are the special kind food for the Spring Festival in China.
4. The food called dumplings means _______________________.
5. When Chinese people are having dinner on the Spring Festival Eve, they ___________________.
Vocabulary
I. Presentation
What date is it? ( It's January the first.) Is it a special day? ( Yes, it is. ) What festival is it? ( It is New Year's Day. ) Do you go to school on New Year's Day? ( No, we don't. ) Do we eat special food at New Year's Day? ( No, We don't. ) Do you dress up in new clothes at New Year's Day? ( Yes. ) What other things do you usually do on New Year's Day? ...
(如此谈其它节日。教 May, June, September, December。)
II. 按下列问题编对话
1. When is ...?
A. New Year's Day
2. Do you go to school at ( on ) ...?
B. May Day
3. Do you celebrate ...?
C. Children's Day
4. What do you eat at ( on ) ...?
D. Teacher's Day
5. What costume do you dress up in?
E. National Day
6. What do you do for...?
F. Christmas
G. Mid-Autumn Day
I. Dragon Boat FestivalJ. EasterIII. 填入合适的介词或副词
1. The naughty students love to play tricks __________ their teachers.
2. He comes from Canada. His classmates always ask him to tell them __________ the country.
3. Listen somebody is knocking __________ the door. I'll go to see who it is.
4. I give my friend a nice stamp and he gives me some sweets __________ a treat.
5. When the spring Festival comes, all children dress __________in new clothes.
6. They are making some beautiful paper flowers __________ the coming party.
7. This part of the apple is bed, Please cut it __________.
8. We should thank the policeman __________ his help.
9. Emma will go to see a film with her sister __________ the evening of November 1st.
10. People always have a boating race __________ Dragon boat Festival.
11. I like mooncakes __________ meat.
12. He wants to dress up __________ Monkey King. But I don't think he looks __________ Monkey King, because he is too short.
13. I can make model planes __________ __________ some wood ( 木头 ).
I. Presentation
How many seasons are there in a year? What are they? What festivals are in spring ( summer,
autumn, winter )? How many days are there in a week? Do you know the names of the week? What is the first ( second ... last ) day of the week? What day is it today? What lessons do you have on Monday? When do you have after-school activities? What time do you get up on weekdays?
How do you go to school? When did you learn to ride a bike? When do you start school this year?
( 在回答出问题后,及时将带介词的词组呈现出来 )
II. 翻译句子
1. 一年有四季。它们是春、夏、秋、冬。 一年有十二个月。它们是......。 一周有七天。它们是......。一周的第一天是星期日。
2. 星期一早晨我们开校晨会。校晨会在七点半开始,七点五十结束。校长对我们讲话。他告诉我们这一周我们要做什么事。
3. 中秋节时我们看月亮、吃月饼。
4. 我在五岁时学会游泳。
5. 下星期天我要去看我爷爷、奶奶。他们要带我去听音乐会。
I Presentation
1. What day is it today? What's the date today? What are we doing? What lessons do you have today? Which is your favourite lesson? When do you have your maths lesson? Who is your maths teacher? Do you have P.E. lesson today? Where do you have your P.E. lesson? Do you like P.E. lesson? Why do you like it? How do you like it?
2. What's this? It's a pencil case.
Whose pencil case is it? Guess what's in it. ( Ss: Are there any ...in it? ) Yes, there are some. ( Ss: Are there any .... in it? )
No, there aren't any.
  I'd like some colour pencils. Do you have any colour pencils? Can I have some colour pencils?
II. Make a new dialogue
将八个疑问词写在黑板上,要求学生用他们编对话,至少使用其中的五个。对话内容为个人简介、学校生活或节日等。Model:When is your birthday?
How are you going to celebrate your birthday? What do you do for your birthday? What time is the birthday party going to start? Where are you going to have the party? Which is your favourite food? Who will sing ( dance ) at the party? Do you ask your teacher to the party? Why don't you ask him to come?
Integrated skills
I. Presentation
Which is your favourite Chinese festival? Maybe it is the Chinese New Year. Why is it our favourite festival? Because there are lots of celebrations ( activities of celebrating ) at the Chinese New Year. --- 1. We have a long holiday 2. Often we have a New Year party.
3. We have a big dinner with a lot of traditional
food. ( What is the traditional Chinese food? Such as dumplings, mooncakes, sweet dumplings for the Lantern Festival. What is the traditional dance in China? Do you know? It is lion dance. Look at the picture on P. 47. The people are watching the lion dance. )
4. We can get lots of packets. 5. We can watch fireworks at night. ( Show a picture of fireworks. Can we watch fireworks in the daytime? No, we can watch fireworks only at night. )
  Yes. We often watch the New Year Party on CCTV. The party always goes on to midnight. Everyone is excited on that day. ( If you are excited, you feel very, very happy, and often you jump, shout, dance. When I get letters from my good friends, I am excited. Tell me when you are excited. )
II. 翻译句子
1. 我们从星期五到星期六都上学。我爷爷从早到晚都躺在床上。从十月一号到七号中国人放长假。这条马路是从东到西的。这封信是Wendy写给Millie的。
2. 狮舞是中国传统的舞蹈。
3. 春节晚会一直进行到半夜。
4. 这儿发生什么事了?
5. 我的父母不让我夜里出门。 你在夜间能看到天上的星星( stars)。
6. Wendy 在纽约度假。我们在北京度假。
第八课时 Study skills
第九课时 Main task
I. Presentation
We are going to finish Unit Three soon. What did we learn in Unit Three? We learned a lot about festivals in the world. Which festival do people in the west celebrate? What country is in the west? Is China in the west? No, China is in the east. The USA is in the west? What other countries do you know are in the west? Do people in the east celebrate Halloween? No, they don't. People in the west celebrate Halloween. They celebrate it in many ways. ( We can learn English in many ways. What ways? Listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Which is the best way? I think one of the best way of learning English is do more reading. )
Now open your books and turn to page 49.
II. Writing plan
Chinese New Year
1. What is Chinese New Year?
a. in January or February
b. an important festival for Chinese people
2. How do Chinese people celebrate Chinese New Year?
a. before the festival --- buy clothes and food
b. on the Eve
--- have a big dinner
c. on the Day
--- red packets
--- fireworks
d. at the festival
--- eat special foods
--- visit friends
--- exchange gifts
III. Sample writing
Chinese New Year is ____________________. It is an important festival for ______________.
Before Chinese New Year, people buy new _____________ and special ____________. Many people also ___________ their houses in preparation for the New Year.
On Chinese New Year's Eve, many families gather together to _________________.
On Chinese New Year's Day, parents give their children money in ___________________. Married adults also give red packets to other children. In the evening, there are colourful ___________ in many places.
At Chinese New Year, people eat special foods. They also ___________ their families and friends and exchange _____________.
Chinese New Year is a joyful time, especially for ___________, because they can get a lot of red packets.
建议 1. 要求学生用五个以上的疑问词编一个意思完整的对话,表演,并写下来。
2. 要求学生写一个节日晚会的海报,两人一组对话,并让第三个学生口述海报内容。
3. 要求学生写一篇关于东(西)方任一节日的文章。必须先像P.49一样列出提纲。
七年级英语牛津7A ...
品德与社会
Copyright& 北京学而思网络科技有限公司(京ICP备号-1)北京市公安局海淀分局备案编号:}

我要回帖

更多关于 how to celebrate 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信