初三英语短文填空填空

初三英语试题(六)_初三英语试题_学大教育试题库
热门关键词:
>初三英语试题(六)
初三英语试题(六)
一、选择题
(2010?山东省聊城市,33,1)&Why not go to Qingdao on May Day,Jim?
& --I&m afraid it&s not a good ________.I have been there several times.
A.way&&&B.place&&&C.advice&&&D.idea
(2010?新疆省阜康市,24,1)(&)Mr Black gave us ______on how to learn English well.
A.an advice&&B.many advices&C.some advice&&D.some advices
(2010?湖北省黄石市,29,1)& With whom did you watch 2010 World Cup Opening Ceremony ?
& _________.
A. A friend of mine&&&&&&B. A friend of me
C. A friend of my sister&&&&&D. A friend of you
(2010?四川省巴中市,32,1)My cousin gave up the chance of working abroad and returned to his hometown.
& A.opportunity&&&&&&&&&&& B.challenge&&&&&&&&& C.experience
(2010?四川省巴中市,37,1)What a pity! Liu Xiang didn&t win the_____hurdles(跨栏).
& A.110-meter&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.110-meters&&&&&&&&&&& C.110 meter
(2010?四川省卷,22,1) (& )22. When I was a student, I liked to sit in the front of the classroom so that I could see the words more clearly on the _______.
&&&&&& A. blackboard&&&&& B. desk&&&&& C. dictionary&&&& D. postcard
(2010?浙江省东阳市,17,1) (&& ) 17. I saw many ____________ eating grass on the hill.
&&&& A. horse&&&&&&& B. cow&&& C. rabbit&&&&&& D. sheep
(2010年上海市34. 1)New Zealand has two islands.One is North Island and ______is South Island.
A.another&&&B.the other&&C.other&&&D.the others
(2010?湖北省十堰市,33,1)&The exam was very easy,wasn&t it?
& --Yes,but I don&t think ________would pass it.
A.somebody&&&B.anybody&&C.everybody&&D.nobody
(2010?陕西省,21,1)This is __________classroom,but where is ours?
A.they&&&B.them&&&&C.their&&&&D.theirs
(2010?吉林省通化市,38,1)We need to come up with a/an________and make a decision at once.
A.information&B.advice&&C.idea&&&D.news
(2010?浙江省湖州市,17,1)&Would you like some _______?
& --No,thank you.I&m not hungry at all.
A.water&&&B.books&&&C.clothes&&D.bread
(2010?山西省,17,1)I Iike______ a Iot, and my mother usuaIIy cooks it in different ways.
&A.fish&&&&&&&&&& B.potatoes&&&&&&& C.noodIes
二、词汇题
&(2010 .河北省卷 Ⅹ.& 词语运用,计 5 分)
81. It&s a good habit to brush our teeth t & a day.
82. We need eleven&& & (play) for our soccer team.
83. What a&& & (sun) day it is today! Let&s go to the park. 全品中考网&
84. Steven&& & (参加) the school dancing club last year.
85. How can you type and talk&& & (同时)?
【答案】81,twice& 82 players 83 sunny 84 joined& 85 simultaneously
三、完型填空
(B) (2010?福建省晋江市,二,10) 完形填空: 从每小题A、B、C三个选项中,选出能填入空白处的最佳答案。
&&& When people find something valuable and return it to its owner, they are often given a reward. This is because the person not only found what was lost but also spent time&& 46&& its owner or taking it to the police station.
There was once a young boy&& 47&& found a woman&s purse in a shopping centre. Inside the purse there&& 48&& some money and the woman&s driving license. Her name and&& 49&& were printed on the license, so the boy knew where she lived. That evening he went to her house and&& 50&& her door. When she opened it, he said, & I found your purse,& and handed it to her.
&&& &Thank you very much,& she said. She opened her purse and took out all the money. She wanted to give the boy a small reward,&& 51&& there were only bills of $20 in the purse and she thought that $ 20 was too&& 52&& to give the boy. & I&m sorry,& she said, & but I don&t have any small&&& 53&& to give you.&
&& The boy said, &That&s all right,& and he went away.
&& A few days later he found&& 54&& woman&s purse. It also had her driving license in it, so he knew where she lived. He went to her house and said & I found your purse,& and handed it to her.
&& &Thank you very much, & she said. She opened her purse and took out all her money.
&& &That&s&& 55&&& & , she said, & Before I lost my purse I had a $100 bill and a $20 bill in it. Now I have a $100 bill, a $10 bill and two $5 bills.&
&& &Yes,& the boy said, and smiled.
1. A. to find&&&&& &&&&B. finding&&& &&&C. find
2. A. who& &&&&&&&&&&& B. whose&&&& &&&C. which
3. A. is&& &&&&&&&&&&& B. were&& &&&&C. was
4. A. e-mail&&&& &&&&B. address&&&& &&&C.age
5. A.cut down& &&&&&&& B. knocked on&& &&&C. broke into
6. A. so&& &&&&&&&&&&& B. but&& &&&&&&& C. or
7. A. little& &&&&&&&&&&& B. few&& &&&&C. much
8. A. change&&全品中考网& &&&&&&&&& B. menu&&&&&C. purse
9. A .another& &&&&&&& B. the other&&&&C. other
10. A interesting&& &&&&B. exciting&& &&&&C. strange
【答案】1-10& B A C B B& B C A A C
四、阅读理解
(2010?湖北省宜昌市,VII,10)
Every morning, the newspaper chief editor(主编) holds a meeting with the reporters. They discuss the main events(事件) of the day. Reporters are then sent to cover the events.
&& As soon as the reporters know what to write about, they get down to work. They telephone people and fix a time for a face-to-face interview with them. Sometimes they do telephone interviews. Checking information is very important. They go to the newspaper&s own library to look up any information that they need. This is called &doing one&s homework&.
&& At the same& time, the picture editor decides which photographs will be used for the next day&s paper. All the people who work on a newspaper must be able to work fast. Reporters have to stop working on one story and start working at once on the important new one. They must find out the new information as quickly as possible. Later in the day, everything is put together at the news desk. Reporters return, type their stories into the computer and hand them to the editor.
&&& The chief editor decides which will be the most important story on the front page. Sometimes this will have to be changed if something more important happens late in the day. Other editors read the stories which the reporters have written and make any necessary changes.
Finally, there is no more time left for adding new stories, and the time for printing(印刷) the newspaper has come. This is done on fast-moving printing machines. The newspapers are then delivered(发送) by truck, plane or rail. Speed is important. People want to buy
nobody wants to buy yesterday&s.
61. What is the work in a newspaper office like?
&& A. Interesting and confusing&&&&B. Important and patient.
&& C. Particular and necessary.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Fast and busy.
62. According to the passage, the right order for a reporter&s work is ____________.
&& a. writing stories&&&&&&&&& b. doing interviews&&&&&&&& c. joining in a discussion
&& d. doing homework&&&&&&& e. handing stories to the editor
&& A. cbade&&&B. cdeab&&&&C. cbdae &&&D. cadbe
63. The front page contents(内容) are decided by ___________.
&& A. the importance of the events&&&B. how well the stories are written
&& C. the knowledge of the chief editor&&&&&&& D. whether they are the latest
64. Word editors& work is to ____________.
&& A. help the chief editor with the morning discussion
&& B. decide when and how the papers can be printed
&& C. read the stories and make necessary changes
&& D. get together information from reporters and photographers
65. The best title for this passage is &____________&.
&& A. How a newspaper is produced&&&B. How newspapers are delivered
&& C. What kind of papers readers like&&&D. Whose work is more important
【答案】61~65 DCACA
(2010?湖北省咸宁市,六,10)
Prana was a beautiful dog, whose name means &breath of life&. Although he died several years ago, I can still remember the days we spent together and what he has taught me about love.
I have two apple trees in the garden. Prana loved apples. When he went outside, he&d catch an apple and take it into the house to eat later. The apples had been on the ground and were often dirty so I wasn&t always happy that Prana had brought them into the house.
It was an autumn day in America, but it was very cold. A big snow fell and we had not done anything for its coming. On that special day, Prana went outside and I watched him through the window. I noticed that he was madly digging(挖) holes and bringing the apples to the ground so they could be seen above the snow. I did not know why he was doing this. He seemed to want to do something special.
When I called him back, he had his usual one apple in his mouth. About five minutes later, I looked outside. The garden was completely covered with birds. Prana had dug up all those apples for his bird friends to eat. He knew that they wouldn&t have stored enough food for the coming winter!
51. Prana was&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& .
&A. the writer&B. a boy&C. a bird&D. a dog
52. I wasn&t always happy because&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& .
&A. Prana loved apples&
&B. Prana caught an apple and ate it
&C. the apples fell on the ground and were dirty&
&D. Prana brought the dirty apples into the house
53. On the snowy day, Prana&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& .
&A. ate up all the apples
&B. dug holes to put the apples in them
&C. brought the apples under the snow to the ground
&D. left the house and died
54. The birds flew to the garden to&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& .
&A. look for Prana&&B. eat the apples&
&C. make new homes&&D. store food for the winter
55. The topic of the story is about&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& .
&A. apples&B. animals&C. love&D. life
【答案】51-55 DDCBC
五、阅读填空
(2010?山东省莱芜市,七,10)阅读短文,根据要求完成下面各小题。
Confidence is very important in daily life. It can help you to develop a healthy attitude (态度).A study shows that the people who are more confident are much happier. They can have more chance to make themselves successful. But how to be more confident? Here are some suggestions:
?Speak loud&& When you are not confident, you can't do well what you want to do. You speak in a voice so low that other people can hardly hear you. Try to speak loud enough so that people can hear you clearly. The .high voice can help you become more confident.
?Play sports&& Physical exercise makes you tired but completely relaxed. [83] A strong body helps you be full of confidence.
?Encourage yourself& Write down a list of things you did during the day to see how many things you have done well. Did you finish your homework? Did you tell a joke that made everybody laugh? Give yourself praise for the good things you've done.
?Get rid of (消除) fear& Fear comes along with failure (失败). But it's easy to overcome (克服) if you know that failure is part of your life. Don't hide your head just because you said something stupid last time. Try to start again and believe you can do better.
?Pick up a hobby&& If you like singing, sing as much as you can. [84] In some ways, a hobby can make you outstanding. And it will make you happy and confident.
A.根据短文内容简要回答问题。
81.How many suggestions can help you to be more confident?
83.____________________________________________________________
84.____________________________________________________________
C.请给短文拟一个适当的标题。
85.____________________________________________________________
【答案】81.Five suggestions./5.
82.Give myself/yourself praise for the good things I've/you&ve done?
83.强健的体魄有助于你充满自信。
84.在某些方面,爱好使你变得出众。
85.How to be more confident? Suggestions to be more confident/Suggestions for confidence
六、书面表达
&(2010年上海市 IX& 作文)
Write at least 60 words about the topic &I&m proud of myself&(以&我为自己感到自豪&为题写一篇不少于60个词的短 文,标点符号不占格。)
(注意:短文中不得出现任何人名、校名及其它相关信息,否则不予评分)
Use the following points a s a reference.(以下内容仅供参考)
What kind of person are you?
What makes you proud of yourself?(Give an example/examples)
Why are you proud of yourself?
【答案】略
一、选择题
(2010?广西省梧州市,35,1)&Why do you like pandas?
& --_______they are very cute.
A.If&&&&B.Because&&C.So&&&&D.Although
(2010?山东省莱芜市,27,1)--I hear Jack Chan will come to Laiwu next week.
&&& --Really? _______ he comes, my younger sister will be very happy,
&&& A.If&&&&&&&&& &&B.Until&&&&&&&&& &C.Unless&&&&& & &D.Before
(2010?贵州省铜仁市,35,1)& May I go to the concert with you?
& & I&m afraid not ____ you have a ticket, because I have only one.
&&& A. since&&&&&& B. if&&&&&&&& C. unless&&&&&&& D. though
(2010?山东省菏泽市,27,1)Mary spends a lot of money on clothes _______ her family is not rich.
&A. because&&&& &B. though& &C. if&D. so
(2010?四川省眉山市,30,1)-- Lily is coming by&&&&&& plane tomorrow.
-- Let&s go to&&&&&& airport to meet her.
A. a&B. /; a&C. the&D. /; the
(2010?山东省滨州市,21,1)21. & You&ve dropped ________ &s& in the word &necessary&.
& Oh, ________ letter &s& is doubled.
A. a &&&B. the&&&&C. the&&&&D. the
(2010?江苏省苏州市,5,1)We can have_______ bluer sky if we create________ less polluted world.
&&& A.a;a&&&&&&&&&& B.a;the&&&&&&&&&&& C.the;a&&&&&&&&&& D.the;the
(2010?江苏省连云港市,10,1)---Mum, I&m really ________ about the result of the exam.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
---Cheer up. I believe you can be successful.
&& A.patient&&&&&&& B.satisfied&&&&&&&&&&& C.unhappy&&&&&&&&& D.pleased
(2010?天津市,38,1)We will have a field trip this afternoon.The news makes everyone______.
A.excited&&&&B.frightened&&C.happily&&&D.luckily
(2010?甘肃省兰州市,21,1) Dear students, please read every sentence carefully. ___ you are, ____ mistakes you&ll make.
&& A. The more carefully, the fewer&&&&&&&&&&& B. The more careful, the less
&& C. The more carefully, the less&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. The more careful, the fewer
(2010?甘肃省兰州市,33,1)Many Chinese students think science subjects are ______ foreign languages.
A. more difficult as&& B. less difficult than&& C. much difficult than&& D. so difficult as
(2010?浙江省东阳市,16,1)(&& ) 16. &By the way, have you got ______ e-mail address?
&Oh, yes, it is swimonland @ .
A. a&&&&&&&&&&&& B. an&&&&&&&& C. the&&&&&&& D. /
(2010?浙江省卷,16,1)& Mike,could you come and give me&&&&&&& hand?
& & OK,Mum. I&m coming now.
A. a&&&&&&&&&&& B. an&&&&&&&&&&&& C the&&&&&&&&&&&& .D 不填
&(2010 .河北省卷,30. 1) Jenny, put on your coat& & you will catch a cold.
A. but&B. and&C. or&D. so
(2010.四川省内江市30. 1)&What do you think of this skirt?
& --It&s beautiful and it fits we well,_______I like it very much.
A.since&&&&B.so&&&&C.but
二、词汇题
(2010?湖北省黄冈市,四,6)根据括号内的汉语提示,完成句子。(每空一 词)
81.Jane&s father speaks English well.He can make himself___________(理解)when he travels all over the world.
82.Some students may be nervous in big exams .It&s helpful for them to take a deep_________(呼吸)。
83.They were _____________(挖)holes to plant trees when we got to Yingtai Park.
84.The students in Class One all felt ___________(兴奋的,激动的)about the trip to Mount Lu.
85.In __________(纪念)of the people who lost their lives in Yushu earthquake,people place flowers beside a building destroyed.
86.In China ,when people meet you for the first time,he or she always& __________(握,摇)hands with you warmly.
【答案】81.understand&& 82.breath&& 83.digging&& 84.excited&& 85.honour&& 85.shakes
三、完型填空
(2010?湖北省荆门市,二,7)阅读下列短文,从短文后所给各题的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中, 选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
&&&& Friends are important in our life. But first, you have to decide what kind of friends you want to ▲ 36 .
&&&& My ideal(理想的) friend is of course a good friend whose goodness is shown below & he has no bad likings, such as smoking and drinking. He lives in frugality(节俭). He studies hard so as not to ▲37&& his golden time. At home he honors his parents and loves his brothers. At school he ▲ 38 his teachers and shares feelings with his classmates. He treats those who ▲ 39 true to him honestly. In a word, he has all the good characters ▲ 40 than mine. I can follow him as a model. ▲ 41 his help, I am free from all difficulties.
&&&& Indeed, if I have such a person as my friend, I shall never be afraid of&& ▲ 42& and I shall never know the existence(存在) of the word &failure&.
36. A. offer&&&&&&& &B. have&&&&&&& C. recognize&&&& &D. talk&&
37. A. afford&&&&&& &B. remind&&&&& C. find&&&&&& &D. waste
38. A. respects&&&& &B. hates&&&&&& C. annoys&&&&&& &D. listens
39. A. is&&&&&&&&& &B. was&&&&&&& C. are&&&&&&&&& &D. does&
40. A. good&&&&&&& &B. well&&&&&&& C. best&&&&&&&& &D. better&
41. A. With&&&&&& &B. At&&&&&&&& C. Through&&&& &D. To&&&
42. A. success&&&& &B. difficulty&&& C. freedom&&&& &D. darkness&
【答案】 BDACD AB
四、阅读理解
  Bill and Fred studied at a university and they were friends. They didn&t have much money, so when it was time for their holidays, Fred said, &Let&s take our holidays in a trailer[1], Bill. It&s cheaper than a hotel. I can borrow my father&s trailer.&
  Fred was very happy. So they got into the trailer and began their holidays. They wanted to get up early the next day to go fishing, but they didn&t have an alarm[1] clock.
  &That&s all right, Bill,& Fred said. &I&ll put these pieces of bread on the roof[3] of the trailer tonight and they&ll wake us up in the morning.& Bill was very surprised, but he didn&t say anything.
  Fred was right. As soon as it began to get light, small birds came down to eat the bread, and their noise on the roof of the trailer woke Bill and Fred up very quickly.
  Notes:[1]trailer/`treIl/ n. 活动房屋式的拖车 [2]alarm/`la:m/ n. 警报 alarm clock 闹钟 [3]roof/ru:f/ n. 顶;房顶
  1.Bill and Fred were both university s   .
  2.The two young men decided to go t&&&&&& during their summer holidays.
  3.The two young men tried to s   some money,so they borrowed a trailer.
  4.The two young men wanted to get up, but they were a   to wake up too late the next morning.
  5.Fred had a good i   .
  6.Bill didn&t know w   his friend put some bread on the top of the trailer.
  7.The next morning, the birds found the bread and flew to e  it.
  8.In fact, the b   woke the two young men up.
  9.The birds began to look for f   as soon as it got light.
  10.Fred was very c   .
&参考答案:1.students 2.traveling 3.save 4.afraid 5.idea 6.why 7.eat 8.birds 9.food 10.clever
阅读理解(9)
  Some children think writers are great and they can tell people a lot. So they also wish to be writers some day. They mean that they want to write stories or books which many persons will read. I would like to remind[1] them that they will need to be good readers and to read a lot in order to[2] be good writers.
  Nearly all great writers read too long before they started to school, and read for hours and hours every day since they became good readers. Instead of watching TV in the evening, they spend much of their spare[3] time reading books.
  If you are a good reader, it won&t take you long to do the reading homework your teacher asks you to do. Then you will have time to read other books for fun. Because you read so well, you keep looking for more books to read.
  While making up your mind[4] to become a good writer, you had better say to yourself,&I must read more and more if I am really to become a good writer.&
  Notes:[1]remind/rI`maInd/v. 提醒 [2]in order to 为了 [3]spare /spe/adj. 多余的 [4]make up one&s mind 下决心
  1.Some of the children like the g   writers.
  2.The writer told the children to read m   before they hope to be writers.
  3.A lot of writers l   a lot from other writers' books and stories.
  4.For a student, he or she should do the reading homework well f   .
  5.Doing much good reading can h &&  you to be a good writer.
  参考答案:1.great 2.more 3.learned 4.first 5.help
阅读理解(10)
  Australia is one of the greatest islands in the world.It is a little smaller than China.It is in the south of the earth.So when there is hot summer in our country,it is cold winter in Australia.
  Australia is big,but the population[1] has small.The population of Australia is the same as that of Shanghai,a city in China.
  Australia is famous for its sheep and kangaroos[2].After a short drive from any town,you will find yourself in the middle of white sheep,sheep,sheep,everywhere are sheep.Have you seen a kangaroo?It has a &bag& in its body.The mother kangaroo keeps its baby kangaroo in the &bag&.It is very interesting,isn&t it?
  Notes:[1]population /、ppjuleIn/n.人口 [2]kangaros /、kg`ru:/n.袋鼠
根据短文内容判断正(&)、误(&)。
&&& 1.China is larger than Australia.
&&& 2.Australia is an island country.
&&& 3.The population of Australia is as large as that of China.
&&& 4.Kangaroos are small animals like mouse(老鼠) in our house.
&&& 5.Kangaroos always carry bags on their backs.
& 参考答案:1.& 2.& 3.& 4.& 5.&
五、阅读填空
(2010?湖北省荆州市,Ⅷ.,5)先阅读短文,然后根据要求答题。
President Obama has said that he gives each of his seven and ten-year-old daughters just a dollar a week for their chores, such as setting the table, washing dishes, and cleaning up their play /' ??ri? / and bedrooms.
People have different opinions about paying little kids for doing
chores or just giving money to them. Some families think that everyone
in the family should do housework, and that kids shouldn&t be paid for
doing so. The supporters(支持者),however, believe that kids should get
paid, and that the money they get will help kids learn important skills of
how to use it.
But for those who /t?u:z/ to give the money, it can be a headache&&&
deciding on how much they should give, especially in these difficult economic(经济的)times. A good idea is that you can keep /'rek?:dz/ of how much you spend on your child daily for two weeks and then decide how much you should give according to the average(平均的)daily amount. Kids can start receiving money around ages 4 or 5, when children start to understand how money works.
(2010?湖北省荆州市,Ⅷ.,20)A)根据短文内容完成下列语音题:
66. Write out the word/' ??ri? /:_________
67. Write out the word/t?u:z/:_________
68. Write out the word/'rek?:dz/:_________
69. In the underlined sentence find one word whose last sound can have incomplete plosion(失去爆破):______________
70. In the underlined sentence find two words that can be read together(连续):
_____________& _____________
B)根据短文内容填入一个适当的词
71. President Obama&s two daughters _________ paid for doing chores.
72. In the passage there are ________ different opinions about paying to kids for doing chores.
73. Some people think that children should do housework _________ being paid.
74. Some people think that it&s important for children to ________ how to use money.
75. It&s __________ for parents to decide on how much money they should give to their children.
【答案】66. area& 67. choose& 68. records& 69. about / just& 70. different opinions / opinions about / chores or& 71. paid& 72. two& 73. without& 74. learn / know& 75. difficult
六、书面表达
(2010?黑龙江省鸡西市,VI,5)(A)好习惯对每个人都很重要,请同学们写出五种良好的生活习惯。
1.________________________________________________
2.________________________________________________
3.________________________________________________
4.________________________________________________
5.________________________________________________
【答案】略
你可能还感兴趣的相关文章}

我要回帖

更多关于 初三英语短文填空 的文章

更多推荐