圣歌中有什么词汇what words orverbal phrasess do you expect to be used in an anthem?

【图文】浙江省人教版必修5《Unit3 Life In The Future-Important Words & Phrases 》课件_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
浙江省人教版必修5《Unit3 Life In The Future-Important Words & Phrases 》课件
上传于||暂无简介
大小:1.34MB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢What Could You Do If You Were Invisible For a Day Free Essays
The Chronicle Review
October 3, 2010
What Are You Going to Do With That?
Katherine Streeter for The... Chronicle Review
By William Deresiewicz
The essay below is adapted from a talk delivered to a freshman class at Stanford University in May.
The question my title poses, of course, is the one that is classically aimed at humanities majors. What practical value could there possibly be in studying literature or art or philosophy? So you must be wondering why I'm bothering to raise it here...
McCoy: Dear Grads, Don't 'Do What You Love' -
Dow Jones Reprints: This copy is f or y our personal,... non-commercial use only . To order presentation-ready copies f or distribution to y our colleagues, clients or customers, use the Order Reprints tool at the bottom of any article or v isit
See a sample reprint in PDF f ormat. Order a reprint of this article now
Carl McCoy: Dear Grads, Don't 'Do What You Love'
College commencement...
IELTS SPEAKING PART ONE TOPICS.
Describe yourself.
o Describe your family?
o Do you have a... large or small family?
o How much time do you spend with your family?
o What do you like to do together as a family?
o Do you get along well with your family?
o Are people in your country generally close to their families?
o What do you do?
o What are your responsibilities?
o How many hours do you work each day?
o Do you enjoy your work?
o Is there...
dimly lit garage. He could hear kids playing outside and he rubbed his hands together, trying to remove the sting of the bitter cold. He picked... up the mirror, and took it into his mansion of a house in a quiet, peaceful suburb.
It was a Midwestern winter, and the days were short, bringing cold nights whistled with the sounds of speeding cars flying down the highway. Eric heard the piercing call from his mother. &Eric, we're going to McDonald's. What do you want us to bring you back?& Eric thought...
2. What do we want to learn?
causation,
change, ... connection,
perspective,
responsibility,
reflection) to be emphasized within this inquiry
Key concepts:
Form, responsibility, connection
Related concepts:
cooperation
conflict, interdependence
questions/provocations will drive these inquiries?
Lines of inquiry
1. What is Tannen’s purpose in writing this essay? What does she hope it will accomplish?
From what I gathered... Tannen’s purpose was for us to comprehend the importance of communication in the work field. How the simplest verbal functions can be interpreted in many different ways. “Conversation is a ritual” I find so much meaning behind these four simple words, the article in its entirety are summed up by these word. Tannen wants to enlighten us to remember that our words are powerful. I believe...
The Day You Were Born
I was forty-one weeks and one day pregnant, lying in an uncomfortable... hospital bed, wearing a hideous pink gown, and counting the minutes until my next contraction. Apparently, you were very comfortable in my tummy because there was no sign of you making your appearance any time soon. I was having plenty of contractions
our doctor was looking for a count of at least 60 on the room monitor, but I was only in the mid-20s.
Before long she ordered that...
believe that you can tell a lot about a person by observing what they wear.
Is this true?
A man in a nice pressed three-piece... suit, carrying an expensive briefcase is obviously a businessman, right? A woman wearing a long ruffled colorful dress, with many jewelry pieces around her neck and wrists and colorful beads braided onto her hair must be a hippy or a gypsy, right? It is easy to label people based on how they dressed, sometimes too easy.
Let’ the first thing you do to a person...
Study notes for essay
Meaning 1:
You can look at something and not understand it. But when you actually see something,... you could realize things you never expected to.
i think it means that its not how someone looks on the outside, its who the person really is on the inside that most matters.
What does that mean?
What do you see, or do you usually just look? It’s only human to not see everything. There is just too much to see and process, so our minds delete that which it believes to be unnecessary...
o If you could do your PhD research again, what would you do differently?...
o What are the three main findings of your PhD?
o What particular areas of our research interest you most and why?
Why are you interested in this position?
o Would you contribute to teaching and what is your approach to teaching? (if the role requires teaching).
o How does your research fit in with the department?
o How do you see your career in the future?
o What is your best and worst quality?
o Describe a...
It can be fascinating how when you look at someone's receipts, you can what kind of person they are. My own... receipts over the past few months, for example, can show a lot about who I am and what I like to do. Listed with different titles of many movies and how much I paid for them, once can clearly realize through these paper strips that I have been a very serious movie watcher of action movies, movies in which the good guy is the hero.
When I was in Saudi Arabia, during my teen years, I use to...
You Are What You Wear
Whoever said “clothes make a man” had the right idea about people perceive each other on... the first look. Whether you like it or not, a big part of the first impression that we make when you meet someone depends on how you look – which is basically how you’re dressed.
Looking good is an obsession with people these days. We love to keep up on the latest trends and make sure we’re sporting the latest fashion. Just take a look around you. Bangalis seem to be really catching...
What could you live without?
Walking down the hallway, I was thinking about the topic “What... could you live without” and I couldn’t think of many things. Things that we used in our life basically charge an important role of a human society. For example, foods, water, shelter, smart phone, clothes, computers and etc. As I was reading “What could you live without?” by Nicholas Kristof, it prompted a lot of ideas. I looked around my house and all the stuffs that I have is the stuff that we need it...
How Do You Get People To Like You
Be polite. Be yourself. That way, people like you for who... you are.
Many of us mistakenly believe that it's wrong or conceited, to think we have any good qualities. We may spend a lot of time berating ourselves for our negative qualities, thinking that self criticism is the key to improving our performance. However, a constant focus on our supposed shortcomings can hinder our efforts to make friends with other people.
How can we have the confidence to make...
What defines you?
Adam Woodworth
23 April 23, 2013
Composition 1
Instructor: David Flannery
As you might... guess, being in the military can be one of the most boring jobs you will ever have. After all, you are being trained to kill people and break things, but how often do you really get to do that? You train in the sun, rain, and sleet and pose the possibility you’ll wind up pushing paperwork and dealing with politics down range. You’ll also waste more ammo shooting at paper targets than you...
It ain’t what you do, it’s what it does to you
Simon Armitage writes an... adventurous comparison poem to show how powerful imagination is by comparing life long dreams to one’s mundane memories in the poem,“ It ain’t what you do, it’s what it does to you”. The poem displays three imaginative pinnacle-like events and with those events, there are three events juxtaposing them. The poem is presented in a manner where the story is based on the experiences of a first-person speaker. The poem follows...
Rhetorical Analysis
“Do you know what you are getting yourself into?”(L.5) Stated... by Matt Theissen, the author of the song, “Getting Into You,” and also lead vocalist of the Christian rock band, Relient K. Relient K was formed in 1998 in Canton, Ohio. “Getting Into You” was published on March 11, 2003. ((www.wikipedia.org). Relient_K) The purpose of this rhetorical analysis is to present the meaning behind the argument of “Getting Into You,” by Relient K. If we examine the text...
You Are What You Eat
Introduction
I. Think it's organic? Think again.
II. Today we are going to talk about... what makes a food organic and the changes in the industry.
III. We are going to explore
A. &Purists& view on what makes a food organic.
B. &Big Box& influence on organics.
C. Organic Standards
I. Purists have a higher expectation of what organic means.
A. Organics must be grown without man-made chemicals such as synthetic fertilizers and
pesticides. They should not...
Jennifer Smith
English 111
February 16, 2011
Essay One - Revised
“What Do You Want To Be When... You Grow Up?”
We are usually asked this question very early in life: “What do you want to be when you grow up?” It’s one of the biggest questions asked of children, from toddlers to teenagers. It’s always asked to help encourage kids to think of their future. After all, how many children really know what they want to do with the rest of their lives? Oh yeah, there are those lucky few who have a...
entertainment and their lifestyle seems to be immensely enjoyable. Furthermore, many people want to have the same perks and advantages that come with being a... celebrity. Although, heroes who serve our country in the armed forces, police, and fire department do not get the same level of public attention. While they are looked upon as real heroes, their lives are not spotlighted by continuous press and fanfare, and because of the risk factors that come with the job, most would opt for a safer way of life. Unfortunately...
You are what you say
The essay, & you are what you say & is written by... Robin Lakoff, a Professor of Linguistics at University of California. She has explicated her view on how English language has functioned to revile and debase women, why women are thought to be juvenile, dependent and frivolous species. Certain views which makes fair sex less thriving than men. The subject is of great interest as it illustrates that women only say what they mean, but what they say is inferred by men in a pejorative...
Sandip Lama
Instructor Kennedy
Anthropology 3
12 September 2014
You are what you speak
In the article... “Whorf Revisited: You are what you speak,” the writer Guy Deutscher talks about Sapir - Whorf’s famous controversial hypothesis.
The ethnography is written in style of realist, because the theories are looked at objectively and scientifically. The article is also written in critical style, since list of measurements, evidences are given, and it is written analytically. The range of...
“Tell me what you eat and I will tell you what you are.” This simple yet compelling... aphorism was written by Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin in one of his most prominent books, the notorious Physiologie du Gout, ou Meditations de Gastronomie Transcendante in 1826. It was so cogent in that era that it is still used today, especially among cooks. Alternatively, Ludwig Andreas Feuerbach wrote in an essay entitled Concerning Spiritualism and Materialism in 1864 that a “man is what he eats”.
According...
Vietnam, a war that ended in 1975 was a war about the prolonged struggles between the nationalists forces that were trying to attempt the... unification of Vietnam as a country under a government of communism and the United States attempting to delay or stop the spread of communism. To the Americans, this war seemed pointless and the Americans saw that there was no way of winning so the government lost the support for this uncalled war. In &The Things They Carried,& Tim O'Brien wrote a novella about...
(?th-au-r) -
One who practices writing as a profession.
15 years is a long time and especially so for one who has not lived that long yet. Today teens like... me are expected to know what they want do later in life. Maybe if it were not the twenty first century I could be imaginative but that would be childish (In case you didn't know this is a CHILDRENS essay competition). However after a decade and a half I would like to be in a profession that is considered neither here nor there in terms of childishness...
What Makes You Happy?
One of the most popular psychological studies is the study of happiness.
Thousands of renowned... intellectuals have been thoroughly studying this subject for decades.
Also known as Hedonists, these people that study the pursuit of happiness have thought of some very valid points.
Happiness ranges from comparing the potential happiness between two completely different organisms and specifically finding the solution to happiness for one certain person.
The topic that will...
YOU WERE MY EVERYTHING
This goes out to someone that was
Once the most important person in my life
I didn't realize it at... the time
I can't forgive myself for the way I treated you so
I don't really expect you to either
It's just... I don't even know
Just listen?EUR?
You're the one that I want, the one that I need
The one that I gotta have just to succeed
When I first saw you, I knew it was real
I'm sorry about the pain I made you feel
That wasn' let me show you the way...
Don't leave it until the last minute. While some students do seem to thrive on last-minute 'cramming', it's widely accepted that for... most of us, this is not the best way to approach an exam. Set out a timetable for your study. Write down how many exams you have and the days on which you have to sit them. Then organize your study accordingly. You may want to give some exams more study time than others, so find a balance that you feel comfortable with.
See also: How NOT to cope with exam stress...
Personality: What makes you the way you are? - Science News - The Independent
At some point in your life, you've... probably filled in a personality questionnaire (&Do you see yourself as....?&), and wondered as you ticked the boxes if there can really be any validity to such a simplistic way of assessing people. Surely the scores just reflect your mood on the day, or what you want the investigator to think. Surely everyone gives the same answer, which is &it depends&. Or even if the scores measure...
What Would You Do?
Episode __ : Helping the Homeless
I. Relate the video to conscience
Conscience, as defined by... the Merriam – Webster Dictionary, is “the part of the mind that makes you aware of your actions as being either morally right or wrong”. It’s that tiny voice inside your head that tells you if what you’re about to do, what you’re doing or what you’ve done is essentially right or not. A lot of people nowadays tend to ignore this for fear of being ridiculed or judged by other people,...
“You Got To Do What You Got To Do, To Get Where You Got to Get”
In... Ralph Ellison’s story “Battle Royal”, Ralph’s dying grandfather gives his son advice on how to advance in life as a black person, in the United States. Ralph’s grandfather said, “I want you to overcome ‘em with yeses, undermine ‘em with grins, agree ‘em to death…”(1042). Basically, by being really nice to white people, he could gain favor and possibly be rewarded for his obedience. Ralph, took his grandfathers advice, and was eventually...
What do you believe promotes positive change?
Positive change comes from the depths of an individual that... desires something different to occur within their life.
I began my journey towards positive changes during the end of 2011, when events in my life went on a downward spiral, resulting in me struggling with a long-term diagnosis of severe depression. I found myself not wanting to function and be a contributing member of society, wondering how I would make it to the next minute, hour, day,...
librarian read the book to the students.
3. The money was stolen.
4. They are paid on Fridays.
5. The movie is being made in Hollywood.
6. I... washed my car three weeks ago.
7. His hair was cut by a professional.
8. I will introduce you to my boss this week.
9. It would have been fixed on the weekend.
10. The national anthem is being sung by Jason this time.
a a p p p a p a p p
1. They make shoes in that factory.
2. People must not leave bicycles in the...
What to do when desperate, restless, afraid, burning up and on verge of a breakdown?
When nothing seems to go well and... you are fighting every challenge yet the results are nothing but more frustration, failures accumulate, suffocate the mind and things go so bad that one starts feeling almost sick, lifeless and boat of life appears to be sinking. You think of yourself as a victim of circumstances, people and treacheries of the world. Hope evaporates like steamed water. Despite all that you are...
Christian Spirituality and the ministry of counseling
21st century questions
- How do we respond to a client who says:
o I think the... answer to my problems lies in the spiritual realm.
I think what I need is to become a more spiritual person
What is Spirituality?
- Pneumatikos/spiritualitas (1 Cor/ 2:15 – “The spiritual man”): Two ways of life = spirit and carnal
- Christian spirituality: life in the spirit of Christ
- Spirituality in psychology: Transcendent experiences
- Post-Modern...
Everest UniversityPrinciples of Sociology July 25, 2009You are what you eatThis paper is about an exploration in different... cultures and what they eat. In this paper one's opinion about the different types of food eaten in different cultures will be discussed. Also in this paper there will be a discussion on cultural diversity and diet. Included in this paper will be a discussion on the sociological theories of functionalism, conflict theory, and interactionism. Also included in the discussion will...
Sinhalese, became the official Sri Lankan language. The Tamils had hoped that the island’s independence would bring equality to the country, but the cultural... differences were just too great. Rioting broke out in 1958, followed by some compromises with the Tamils. The Sinhalese prime minister was assassinated Neal Lineback 1959 and there were ultra-leftist terrorist activities. Finally, in the early 1980s, and Mandy Lineback Gritzner Sinhalese and Tamil separatist violence erupted. The Tamils began calling...
“What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful”
“What... you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful” this quote by Scott Westerfeld
means that if when
the right thing is done , or when someone tries to do the right thing , and
when they think good thoughts about other people , and other things.
When someone has good
intentions, It makes them beautiful. That it is what true beauty is, it’s what’s on the inside, and
not what other people see that’s on the outside...
Bullying: What Can You Do?
Bullying in America used to be a rite of passage for kids of all ages, something... that everyone went through, and survived, coming out none the worse in the end. I remember going through it. It wasn't easy, and I had to endure quite a bit of it because of what I looked like, even as a seemingly regular kid. But I survived, nonetheless, and came out better for it, more empathetic, and more sensitive to the needs of those around me who may not have been able to find...
Test Scores Could actually be the Sign of a Good Student
This past summer I participated in a program known as CSTEP at Fordham... University, the school I previously planned on attending. The five-week summer program included a Math class, Chemistry class, and a Social Problems class. Math I loathe it with every fiber of my being. Of course we were given exams as a way to measure our understanding, and because I knew that Math was a weak area for me I studied day and night...
What Do You Know About Hamlet Symbols?
Many plays and novels use symbolism to express a feeling or emotion in an... intelligent way. A symbol is something that is used to show something else. It can be a tangible object or a written symbol used to represent something that is not actually there. Symbols are important to have within any written work because you can then relate it to a theme that it may have and get a deeper connection with it. Within the play Hamlet there were multiple symbols used...
What do you think makes a good brand? How do you recognize a good brand?
Good is a... very difficult word used as a description. There are few things that define a successful brand and the most important thing is the relationship that it establishes with its consumers and stakeholders and when that relationship is held and maintained consistently over a period of time, makes a successful brand. Now that relationship could be emotional, could be rational, could be problem solving relationship but as...
What makes an American an American?
Is it the accent, the clothing, the fact that you
can speak the English language, or is it... the fact that you were born on American soil?
it's certain characteristics that set us apart from other countries.
The fact we are self-reliant, and
competitive, and the compassion we bring to others are some, of many, American characteristics that help set us apart.
These are the three characteristics that I have chosen to write about.
Our self-reliance...
Do you know what your purpose is?
Do you know what drives... you?
As you think about that question, you may be picturing a certain aspect of your life. For example:
· Home life
· Spiritual life
· Work life
· Recreational life
· School life
We have compartmentalized our lives. But with God, there is no distinction between the different areas of our lives. God has a purpose for our life.
Sadly, many of us don’t have any idea what that purpose is.
· Joke: Did you hear about the little girl...
Do You Really Know Yourself?
Throughout time great philosophers have pondered the question of what knowing your... self is. Philosophers like Socrates, Plato, and Alcibiades have somewhat of a similarity when it comes to identifying one’s self. However, there are the differences that lead up to the explanation and what individuals believe the self is. Socrates focused on the ‘good life’ and stresses the fact that to know how to live we need to know who we are. Under Socrates, the founder of philosophy...
Jordan Beard
September 27, 2012
ENG 111-14
What Do You Choose: Life or Death?
Abortion can be... harmful or help in many ways. Abortion can be harmful in many ways. Some examples are taking a child’s life, risking your health, it’s against some people’s religion and money issues. Abortion can be helpful also. Some ways abortion can be helpful are it prevents a mother who’s been raped from having trauma, it prevents mother to child diseases, and it can stop babies from having drug addictions...
Rethink What You Drink
Between an 8oz glass of orange juice to a 24oz can of soda, one person can drink between six to eighteen... teaspoons of sugar. One may not think that a can of soda a day will h but that person is wrong. If you consume one non-diet soda, sugary sport or energy drink, even juice, it can increase your risk of heart disease, obesity, diabetes and high blood pressure, even leading to chronic problems down the road. Even drinking a Five-Hour Energy or Monster...
“Do you believe in love at first sight ? Or .. um .. should I walk by again ? “
Blush .. Blush ..
Well , Ladies and gentlemen !... Honestly , even If I keep walking past you in ‘circles’ , you won’t fall in “love” with me . Yes , you might have a crush on me , my presence may cause a powerful infatuation , but it would not , my friends , be love …
To all those who immediately got those contradicting thoughts in their minds , Ladies and Gentlemen ! I speak … of experience
22nd October...
handling money. He explained his friends who had expressed interest and encouragement about his business and finally rose $40,000 as a capital. With a very... limited source of capital, he made sure to keep up the money flow. Even until now, Malincho could keep the price low while keep the quality up.
3. Kalin’s belief and courage. With no savings and precious little knowledge of the import business, Kalin was brave enough to refuse his Bulgarian winery contact when it is not beneficial for him. He...
but notice the heady aroma of her perfume andthe way her hair swung aside to reveal the delicate contours of her neck. &You know why I kept... you in after class,don't you?&, she whispered huskily in my ear.&N-No, I stammered, although I had a sneaking suspicion, which made my stomach flutter with an intoxicating mixtureof fear and excitement.&Well&, she said, &I'm going to teach you the correct way to write an acceptable story. One that avoidsobviously planted, impressive looking, or obscure words that...
1. What do you think are some of the factors in the modern workplace that contribute to a theft of... time? How can those factors be managed?
There are two factors that I have seen throughout my years of my current employment that may indeed contribute to theft of time in a workplace. One major issue that contributes to theft of time is where the constant conversation among employees/other acquaintances while on the clock. Socializing has increased within the business today and whenever...
Quote: “Begin to be now what you will be hereafter.”
William James . Begin to be now what you will... be hereafter& is the William James' way of saying don't wait for some magic way to show up to get you to what you want to be.
You have to do the work to get to
you have no set targets when you have no aim in life? (to be continued based on one's own understanding on the subject and importance of goals and aims in one's life.) This topic means that if a person aims to become someone or pursue a...
be“Be Careful What You Wish For”
By: Nur Kamilia binti Shafiq Aroki
And on that sad, gloomy day, I... learned an important lesson that I’ll probably never forget my whole life.
It all started on the 3rd of January 2012 which was two days before school was reopening again. 2012 was an important year for me as I was sitting for a major exam which meant studying more and procrastinating less, and if you knew me personally, you would know that I procrastinate way more than a human organism...
Lisa Schroeder
Dale Dittmer
English Composition
November 17, 2014
“But What Do You Mean?”
Rhetorical Analysis...
In her, article “But What Do You Mean?”
Deborah Tannen elucidates, “why do men and woman communicates badly, if at all?”
Tannen’s research has been motivated by this very question.
She also expresses the reasoning for the miscommunication that is happening and why.
Many of the most conversational rituals, common among men try to maintain the one –up position while woman tend to...
There was no match to the power of nature. The lives of ten crews were at stake and eventually, all died. The Cornelia Mariee became brother to... The Titanic – both sunk to the bottom of Atlantic Ocean. The news was displayed throughout the nation. By chance, Mrs Drew at the moment was walking beside a television store in the heart of New York City. She saw the news and burst into tears. She was merely crying as there was nothing she could do. A lonely and dull future started to wave - indicating her to...
1. Discuss the anatomy of the middle mediastinum?
middle mediastinum, which consists of the pericardium and heart.
2. Describe the pericardium and... mention its nerve supply?
Taha lecture slides 3 and 5
3. What are the structures that can be affected by cardiomegaly?
the lungs and heart are occupy the mediastinum delicately. And the lung is a passive pressure sensitive organ. So the increase in heart size (usually in LV) will variably effect the lung function which will be compressed...
Katie Hinman
8 March 2010
“While You Were Sleeping”
Think back to when you... were a young girl. Did you ever have the fear of being alone forever or finding the right guy for you? That use to be one of my biggest fears. I hated the idea of being along but even more so I hated the idea of being with the wrong person. This is exactly how Lucy felt in the movie While You Were Sleeping. She felt alone but not so alone to she would just settle for just anyone like Joe Jr. She...
Shady Bahsoun
December 8,2009
Research Paper #2
“Tell me what you eat, and I’ll tell you who... you are”
“Tell me what you eat, and I’ll tell you who you are” once said French lawyer and gastronome Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin. With the growth of food import/export around the world and the opportunities of expansion in foreign coutries: Could Brillat-Savarin’s statement still be possible today or has it completely lost ground? Food is one of the fields in which globalization has...
What would you do if you won 1 000 000 $
Why people want to be a rich man?
What... is does rich mean?
In what do people see the richness?
(Where do people find richness?)
And how can people become rich?
Some people thinks and wants to be rich, because they love money, they want expencive (espensive, costly) possessions such as: things, cars, great homes and ect.
Some ones want to be a rich, because they love contribute, to help someone, poors, olds, who has need.
Some ones consider...
Critical Thinking
Crystal Smith
Julie Sander
Stages of Critical Thinking
Complete the matrix by identifying the six stages of critical... thinking, describing how to move from each stage to the next, and listing obstacles you may face as you move to the next stage of critical thinking.
|Stages of critical thinking
|How to move to the next stage
|Obstacles to moving to the next stage
|Examine my thinking...
Have a great research document you think will help inspire other StudyMode members?
Share your document
Get full access to more research and tools for only $0.50/day
Upgrade your Membership
More great study tools:}

我要回帖

更多关于 verbal phrases 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信