,"girl","boy","ma boy sister 女团";logo(x 28,y 40,t3,COPY_PUT);

4 Chords-The Axis of Awesome 你的听力功底够深厚么 在6分钟之内你能听出几首呢?_土豆_高清视频在线观看已有天涯账号?
这里是所提的问题,您需要登录才能参与回答。
"天涯问答"是天涯社区旗下的问题分享平台。在这里您可以提问,回答感兴趣的问题,分享知识和经历,无论您在何时何地上线都可以访问,此平台完全免费,而且注册非常简单。
甲壳虫乐队是谁创建的的
什么时候创建的,在哪里创建的?要英文版的谢谢,这是我们外教让找的
09-03-31 &匿名提问 发布
披头士乐队 披头士乐队(The Beatles,也译作“甲壳虫乐队”,因团名Beatles源自甲壳虫Beetles的典故),来自英国利物浦的著名四人摇滚乐队组合。他们在1962年与EMI百代唱片公司签约录制唱片。1963年初,单曲唱片《Please Please Me》登上英国排行榜首位。1964年,披头士首次前往美国演出。1966年在东京的日本武道馆举行了大规模的音乐会,日晚在旧金山举行最后一场收费现场音乐会。日,保罗·麦卡特尼个人专辑中的话被媒体视为宣布乐队解散,日,保罗正式起诉乐队其他三位成员,要求结束乐队合作并指明管理并分配乐队财产的正式人选。 成员分别如下: 约翰·列侬(John Lennon)——吉它手、主音歌手 保罗·麦卡特尼(Paul McCartney)——贝司手、歌手 乔治·哈里森(George Harrison)——吉它手、歌手 林格·斯塔(Ringo Starr)——鼓手、歌手 目录 1 出版列表 1.1 英国 1.1.1 EP 1.1.2 细碟 1.1.3 大碟 1.1.4 英国CD 细碟/EP 1.2 美国 1.2.1 EP 1.2.2 细碟 1.2.3 大碟 1.3 视频 2 外部链接 [编辑] 出版列表 [编辑] 英国 [编辑] EP 1963 The Beatles' Hits 1963 The Beatles (No. 1) 1964 All My Loving 1964 Long Tall Sally 1964 Extracts From The Film A Hard Day's Night 1964 Extracts From The Album A Hard Day's Night 1965 Beatles For Sale 1965 Beatles For Sale (No. 2) 1965 The Beatles' Million Sellers 1966 Yesterday 1966 Nowhere Man 1967 Magical Mystery Tour 1981 The Beatles 1995 Baby It's You [编辑] 细碟 1962 &My Bonnie&/&The Saints& 1962 &Love Me Do&/&P.S. I Love You& 1963 &Please Please Me&/&Ask Me Why& 1963 &From Me To You&/&Thank You Girl& 1963 &She Loves You&/&I'll Get You& 1963 &I Want To Hold You Hand&/&This Boy& 1963 The Beatles Christmas Record 1964 &Can't Buy Me Love&/&You Can't Do That& 1964 &A Hard Day's Night&/&Things We Said Today& 1964 &I Feel Fine&/&She's A Woman& 1964 Another Beatles Christmas Record 1965 &Ticket To Ride&/&Yes It Is& 1965 &Help!&/&I'm Down& 1965 &We Can Work It Out&/&Day Tripper& 1965 The Beatles Third Christmas Record 1966 &Paperback Writer&/&Rain& 1966 &Eleanor Rigby&/&Yellow Submarine& 1966 Pantomime: Everywhere It's Christmas 1967 &Strawberry Fields Forever&/&Penny Lane& 1967 &All You Need Is Love&/&Baby, You're A Rich Man& 1967 &Hello, Goodbye&/&I Am The Walrus& 1967 Christmas Time (Is Here Again) 1968 &Lady Madonna&/&The Inner Light& 1968 &Hey Jude&/&Revolution& 1968 Christmas
&Get Back&/&Don't Let Me Down& 1969 &The Ballad Of John And Yoko&/&Old Brown Shoe& 1969 &Something&/&Come Together& 1969 The Beatles Seventh Christmas Record 1970 &Let It Be&/&You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)& 1976 &Yesterday&/&I Should Have Known Better& 1976 &Back In The U.S.S.R.&/&Twist And Shout& 1978 &Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band&/&With A Little Help From My Friends&/&A Day In The Life& 1982 &The Beatles Movie Medley&/&I'm Happy Just To Dance With You& 1982 &Love Me Do&/&P.S. I Love You& (再版) 1982 &Love Me Do&/&P.S. I Love You& 1983 &Please Please Me&/&Ask Me Why& (再版) 1983 &From Me To You&/&Thank You Girl& (再版) 1983 &She Loves You&/&I'll Get You& (再版) 1983 &I Want To Hold Your Hand&/&This Boy& (再版) 1984 &Can't Buy Me Love&/&You Can't Do That& (再版) 1984 &A Hard Day's Night&/&Things We Said Today& (再版) 1984 &I Feel Fine&/&She's A Woman& (再版) 1985 &Ticket To Ride&/&Yes It Is& (再版) 1985 &Help!&/&I'm Down& (再版) 1985 &We Can Work It Out&/&Day Tripper& (再版) 1986 &Paperback Writer&/&Rain& (再版) 1986 &Eleanor Rigby&/&Yellow Submarine& (再版) 1987 &Strawberry Fields Forever&/&Penny Lane& (再版) 1987 &All You Need Is Love&/&Baby, You're A Rich Man& (再版) 1987 &Hello, Goodbye&/&I Am The Walrus& (再版) 1988 &Lady Madonna&/&The Inner Light& (再版) 1988 &Hey Jude&/&Revolution& (再版) 1989 &Get Back&/&Don't Let Me Down& (再版) 1989 &The Ballad Of John And Yoko&/&Old Brown Shoe& (再版) 1989 &Something&/&Come Together& (再版) 1990 &Let It Be&/&You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)& (再版) 1995 &Free As A Bird&/&Christmas Time (Is Here Again)& 1996 &Real Love&/&Baby's In Black& [编辑] 大碟 1963 Please Please Me 1963 With The Beatles 1964 A Hard Day's Night 1964 Beatles For Sale 1965 Help! 1965 Rubber Soul 1966 Revolver 1966 A Collection Of Beatles Oldies 1967 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 1968 The Beatles 1969 Yellow Submarine 1969 Abbey Road 1969 No One's Gonna Change Our World 1970 Let It Be 1970 From Then To You 1973 The Beatles 1962 -
The Beatles 1967 -
Magical Mystery Tour 1977 The Beatles At The Hollywood Bowl 1979 Hey Jude 1980 The Beatles Box 1988 Past Masters 1994 Live At The BBC 1995 Anthology 1 1996 Anthology 2 1996 Anthology 3 1999 Yellow Submarine Songtrack 3 Let It Be... Naked [编辑] 英国CD 细碟/EP 1989 &Love Me Do&/&P.S. I Love You& 1989 &Please Please Me&/&Ask Me Why& 1989 &From Me To You&/&Thank You Girl& 1989 &She Loves You&/&I'll Get You& 1989 &I Want To Hold Your Hand&/&This Boy& 1989 &Can't Buy Me Love&/&You Can't Do That& 1989 &A Hard Day's Night&/&Things We Said Today& 1989 &I Feel Fine&/&She's A Woman& 1989 &Ticket To Ride&/&Yes It Is& 1989 &Help!&/&I'm Down& 1989 &We Can Work It Out&/&Day Tripper& 1989 &Paperback Writer&/&Rain& 1989 &Eleanor Rigby&/&Yellow Submarine& 1989 &Strawberry Fields Forever&/&Penny Lane& 1989 &All You Need Is Love&/&Baby, You're A Rich Man& 1989 &Hello, Goodbye&/&I Am The Walrus& 1989 &Lady Madonna&/&The Inner Light& 1989 &Hey Jude&/&Revolution& 1989 &Get Back&/&Don't Let Me Down& 1989 &The Ballad Of John And Yoko&/&Old Brown Shoe& 1989 &Something&/&Come Together& 1989 &Let It Be&/&You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)& 1992 The Beatles' Hits 1992 Twist And Shout 1992 The Beatles (No. 1) 1992 All My Loving 1992 Long Tall Sally 1992 Extracts From The Film A Hard Day's Night 1992 Extracts From The Album A Hard Day's Night 1992 Beatles For Sale 1992 Beatles For Sale (No. 2) 1992 The Beatles' Million Sellers 1992 Yesterday 1992 Nowhere Man 1992 Magical Mystery Tour 1992 The Beatles 1992 &Love Me Do&/&P.S. I Love You& 1992 &Love Me Do&/&P.S. I Love You& 1992 &Please Please Me&/&Ask Me Why& 1992 &From Me To You&/&Thank You Girl& 1992 &She Loves You&/&I'll Get You& 1992 &I Want To Hold Your Hand&/&This Boy& 1992 &Can't Buy Me Love&/&You Can't Do That& 1992 &A Hard Day's Night&/&Things We Said Today& 1992 &I Feel Fine&/&She's A Woman& 1992 &Ticket To Ride&/&Yes It Is& 1992 &Help!&/&I'm Down& 1992 &We Can Work It Out&/&Day Tripper& 1992 &Paperback Writer&/&Rain& 1992 &Eleanor Rigby&/&Yellow Submarine& 1992 &Strawberry Fields Forever&/&Penny Lane& 1992 &All You Need Is Love&/&Baby, You're A Rich Man& 1992 &Hello, Goodbye&/&I Am The Walrus& 1992 &Lady Madonna&/&The Inner Light& 1992 &Hey Jude&/&Revolution& 1992 &Get Back&/&Don't Let Me Down& 1992 &The Ballad Of John And Yoko&/&Old Brown Shoe& 1992 &Something&/&Come Together& 1992 &Let It Be&/&You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)& 1995 Baby It's You 1995 Free As A Bird 1996 Real Love [编辑] 美国 [编辑] EP 1964 Souvenir Of Their Visit To America 1964 Four By The Beatles 1965 4 By The Beatles [编辑] 细碟 1962 &My Bonnie&/&The Saints& 1963 &Please Please Me&/&Ask Me Why& 1963 &From Me To You&/&Thank You Girl& 1963 &She Loves You&/&I'll Get You& 1963 &I Want To Hold Your Hand&/&I Saw Her Standing There& 1964 &Please Please Me&/&From Me To You& 1964 &Twist And Shout&/&There's A Place& 1964 &Can't Buy Me Love&/&You Can't Do That& 1964 &Do You Want To Know A Secret&/&Thank You Girl& 1964 &Love Me Do&/&P.S. I Love You& 1964 &Sie Liebt Dich&/&I'll Get You& 1964 &A Hard Day's Night&/&I Should Have Known Better& 1964 &I'll Cry Instead&/&I'm Happy Just To Dance With You& 1964 &And I Love Her&/&If I Fell& 1964 &Matchbox&/&Slow Down& 1964 &I Feel Fine&/&She's A Woman& 1965 &Eight Days A Week&/&I Don't Want To Spoil The Party& 1965 &Ticket To Ride&/&Yes It Is& 1965 &Help!&/&I'm Down& 1965 &Yesterday&/&Act Naturally& 1965 &We Can Work It Out&/&Day Tripper& 1966 &Nowhere Man&/&What Goes On& 1966 &Paperback Writer&/&Rain& 1966 &Eleanor Rigby&/&Yellow Submarine& 1967 &Strawberry Fields Forever&/&Penny Lane& 1967 &All You Need Is Love&/&Baby, You're A Rich Man& 1967 &Hello, Goodbye&/&I'm The Walrus& 1968 &Lady Madonna&/&The Inner Light& 1968 &Hey Jude&/&Revolution& 1969 &Get Back&/&Don't Let Me Down& 1969 &The Ballad Of John And Yoko&/&Old Brown Shoe& 1969 &Something&/&Come Together& 1970 &Let It Be&/&You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)& 1970 &The Long And Winding Road&/&For You Blue& 1976 &Got To Get You Into My Life&/&Helter Skelter& 1976 &Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da&/&Julia& 1978 &Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band&/&With A Little Help From My Friends&/&A Day In The Life& 1982 &The Beatles Movie Medley&/&I'm Just Happy just To Dance With You& 1995 &Free As A Bird&/&Christmas Time (Is Here Again)& 1996 &Real Love&/&Baby's In Black& [编辑] 大碟 1963 Introducing The Beatles 1964 Meet The Beatles 1964 Introducing The Beatles 1964 The Beatles' Second Album 1964 A Hard Day's Night 1964 Something New 1964 The Beatles' Story 1964 Beatles '65 1965 The Early Beatles 1965 Beatles VI 1965 Help! 1965 Rubber Soul 1966 &Yesterday&... And Today 1966 Revolver 1967 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 1967 Magical Mystery Tour 1968 The Beatles 1969 Yellow Submarine 1969 Abbey Road 1970 Hey Jude 1970 Let It Be 1970 The Beatles Christmas Album 1973 The Beatles 1962 -
The Beatles 1967 -
Rock And Roll Music 1977 The Beatles At The Hollywood Bowl 1978 Love Songs 1980 Rarities 1982 Reel Music 1982 The Beatles - 20 Greatest Hits 1988 Past Masters 1994 Live At 甲壳虫乐队(披头四乐队)TheBeatles,上世纪最知名的英国流行乐队,1956年成立於利物浦,成员包括JohnLennon(),节奏吉他、键盘乐及主唱;PaulMcCartney(1942-),低音吉他、键盘乐及主唱;以及GeorgeHarrison(),主吉他、西达琴、钢琴及和音。1962年,RingoStarr〔原名RichardStarkey,1940~)加入,负责鼓及和音。1970年,乐队解散,四人分道扬镳。 在间,他们吸收美国流行音乐的要素(譬如蓝调,节奏蓝调,摇滚,以及恰克贝瑞ChuckBerry,猫王ElvisPresley及比尔哈利BillHaley等人的音乐),发展成一种跳舞音乐型态的风格。他们早期的作品往往是JohnLennon写词,PaulMcCartney谱曲,辅以GeorgeHarrison创新的主吉他配乐。1962年首先灌制了LoveMeDo及P.SILoveYou;从第二张唱片PleasePleaseMe(1963)起,开始了他们一系列迭获赞美、热爱的唱片录制,一直到1970,可称是同时代最受欢迎的乐队。 1963年初英国本土的旅行演唱使TheBeatles乐队陡然窜红,该年十月,他们的声誉到达空前的高度,世界各地激起了Beatlemania的现象,青少年一见到他们便尖叫、哭泣,而且变得歇斯底里。在纽约的一场演出,听众有五万五千人;在澳洲,有三十万以上的人群集欧洲南部的阿得雷城,只为一睹他们到达的风采。在表演事业的前半阶段,TheBealtles主要仍是一支巡回演唱的乐队。1966年8月,他们在旧金山做了他们最后一场舞台演出,此后即退居录音室。 TheBeatles乐队的快速走红以及他们对国际流行音乐的影响是史无前例的。即使在他们解散之后,他们的唱片仍不断再发行,他们的歌曲和风格仍盛行不衰。(P.S.1965年,他们获颁“大英帝国勋章”)。第一时期 TheBeatles的早期风格可以SheLovesYou(1963)一曲为代表;双拍子,几乎催眠的节拍,五声音阶的旋律,32小节的歌曲形式,主音-中音(第三度音)的音关系;歌词则率皆与青春期的恋爱有关,带着仪典般“Yeah、Yeah、Yeah”的反覆叫喊。CantBuyMeLove(1963)融合了12小节蓝调曲式和动感十足的摇滚节奏;DoYouWantToKnowASecret(1963)一曲则驱使了衍自蓝调的半音过渡和声及技巧。 在他们的影片AHardDaysNight(1964)及Help!(1965)中,TheBeatles自由地跳脱舞曲乐队的曲目,创作出像Yesterday这类精致、抒情的民歌。这首歌或许是六十年代最受欢迎的歌曲,一如TheBeatles先前的作品,具有蓝调所特有的精妙,其中一段仍采五声音阶,但节拍已不像以前那麽样强烈,典型的摇滚乐合奏也被弦乐四重奏所取代。第二时期 从1965年灌制的专辑RubberSoul里,可看出乐团成员歧异日大的创作路线。JohnLennon的歌词包含更多强力的意象(例如RunForYourLife),充满文字游戏,反语,嘲讽,悲观色彩,甚至怪诞的风格,配上浓烈、强敲重击的音乐。相对地,PaulMcCartney乐观的抒情风格产生了更清澄、流畅而宽阔的歌曲,和声、音色、节奏巧妙地融合一体(例如ImLookingThroughYou)。GeorgeHarrison在ThankForYourself及IfINeededSomeOne中,使用了催眠般重复再现的主题。 1966年的专辑Revolver从许多角度来看都可称得上是TheBeatles风格的分水岭,青春浪漫的情歌减少,而普遍性的主题增加:童歌,政治嘲讽,显明的乐观主义及残酷的悲观主义。PaulMcCartney那首美得令人忘怀的EleanorRigby涉及悲悯与孤寂(这两个主题在TheBeatles晚期作品中一再出现);此首歌以简朴的民谣风写成,有着多里安调式及弦乐四重奏的伴奏。 摇滚乐后来的许多发展则可追溯到JohnLennon的TomorrowNeverKnows-鼓及低音吉他表现出强烈的节奏,印度长颈琴檀布拉(tambura)的持续音给超现实的歌词,录音带拼贴画般的音效以及电子转调,提供了静态的背景。惊世之作 在六十年代中,TheBeatles乐队开始实验性地将东方宗教及迷幻药融入作品中,以期扩展作品的风貌。这些经验,加上录音媒体的创意运用以及自Revolver起即开始发展的音乐方向,终使他们创作出SgtPeppersLonelyHeartsClubBand(1967)这张专辑。这或许是他们最具创意也最具影响力的一张专辑。这也是摇滚史上第一张成功的“概念唱片”--从歌曲的安排、录制,到唱片封套的设计,都经过统一而有创意的规划。 在录音工程师乔治马丁(GeorgeMartin)--“第五个beatles”--的指导下,他们发展出新的技巧:先有一音乐意念,将之录下,复在录音带上添加或删减材料;作曲完全成了录音室中听觉和电子重组的过程。TheBeatles在SgtPeppersLonelyHeartsClubBand中探究了各种不同的风格:蓝调、爵士,电子音乐,印度音乐,以及大型管弦乐的音响效果(在ADayInTheLife一曲中)。 他们的歌词更富幻想、更加放纵,拍子更为多样(GeorgeHarrison的WithinYou,WithoutYou具有印度Tabla鼓般的音型)。整张唱片被规划成一场SgtPeppersLonelyHeartsClubBand的演奏会(连观众的吵杂声及舞台上的戏谑声都录进去),并且在歌词内容上(如唱片标题所示)朝孤寂与疏离的主题发展,因之具有相当的统一性。整个作品的张力从头到尾一直持续着,在最后,在渐强的管弦乐高潮中得到宣泄。 TheBeatles在电视影片MagicalMysteryTour(1968)中,身兼编剧、制片、导演及演员数职。这部片子虽然被认为是失败之作,却包含了一些他们最好的音乐:PaulMcCartney的FoolOnTheHill以精妙细微的方式处理崇高的题材;JohnLennon的IAmTheWalrus显示出他对残苛的现实,特别是人类认同感沦失的关怀。第三时期 多样的实验是TheBeatles第二阶段作品的特色,但他们的第三阶段却是不带恶意的模拟嘲讽,归真返朴地回归到他们的根源。TheBeatles(或称WhiteAlbum,1968)这张唱片收了包括对乡村音乐、杂耍戏院歌曲、沙滩男孩合唱团(TheBeachBoys),史托克豪森(Stockhausen)、滥情民歌以及他们自己歌曲的嘲弄的模仿。这些模仿绝无贬斥的意味,也不致流於冗长乏味或喧宾夺主,因为大部分的歌曲既属模仿之作,也是原创的作品。 AbbeyRoad(1969)是他们在一起灌制的最后一张唱片(虽然不是他们最后发行的唱片),第一面是各种风格及音乐特性的大杂烩,收入了该乐队每一成员的创作。这些歌曲各异其趣,充分显示出每个成员最显着的个人特质。第二面在形式上十分具有独创性,是连贯、相关的联篇作品(分成三部份),歌曲都很短,主要因为曲子前后的呼应而动人。在LetItBe(1970)这张唱片里,TheBeatles又回到摇滚。IveGotAFeeling这首歌具有他们早期粗犷的摇滚风格,而且带有一些蓝调的味道。OneAfter909是JohnLennon十七岁所写歌曲的修订版。GetBack渴望回到基本质素:简单的歌曲形式、舞蹈节奏及歌词。PaulMcCartney写的保守、甜美的LetItBe一曲平衡了此种创作态度。 单飞后的个人发展虽然在六十年代,他们是最成功、最独创(可能也是最具影响力且最具才干)的流行音乐演唱者,但因为经济、艺术以及个人的理由,他们於1970年初解散。每一成员都曾自由地建立自己的乐风。早在1964年,JohnLennon和PaulMcCartney就已开始发展各自的风格。从LetItBe这张唱片,我们可以清楚看到他们的风格已无法相容。在这张唱片里,TheBeatles并未携手共探新的艺术理念。 解散后,他们仍继续个人的创作和演出。JohnLennon在1970年之后成为一名活跃的音乐家和政治行动者(1969年他出了一本书InHisOwnWrite)。他和妻子YokoOno、塑胶小野乐队以及另一些人,合作出了一些以黑人节奏及蓝调为本的唱片(如一九七五年的RocknRoll)。 PaulMcCartney最初沉寂了一阵子,后来出了一张个人专辑,并且组了Wings乐队。Wings乐队所演唱的歌曲皆明朗乐观,幸好PaulMcCartney那教人百听不厌的旋律使这些歌曲听来不至於滥情。 GeorgeHarrison早AllThingsMustPass(1970)中表现出罕见的才华;他的音乐比JohnLennon和PaulMcCartney更宽广,大量使用复奏,音乐肌里变化微妙,显示出印度音乐的影响。一如JohnLennon和PaulMcCartney,GeorgeHarrison也常公开演出。 RingoStarr(他在七十年代仍与GeorgeHarrison继续合作),尤其明显地,转变了自己的Beatles形象:他参加好几部电影的演出,以独唱者的姿态继续演唱,并且在唱片(如1974年的Ringo)中,表现出对乡村音乐的偏爱。
请登录后再发表评论!Sean Kingston《Rude Girl》_土豆_高清视频在线观看Foreplay (Ivy Chronicles Series #1) by Sophie Jordan | 3 | Paperback | Barnes & Noble
Foreplay (Ivy Chronicles Series #1)
Add to List +
Please enter a list name
You entered an invalid character [!@#$%^&*()_+-{};"]. Please enter a valid alpha numeric character.
Please name your Essential List:
New Essential List
You may add a description of the list:
Please enter a list name
You entered an invalid character [!@#$%^&*()_+-{};"]. Please enter a valid alpha numeric character.
Please name your Wish List:
New Wish List
You may add a description of the list:
(Save 14%)$13.99 List Price
Add to Bag
Pick Up In Store
Reserve and pick up in 60 minutes at your local store
Find In-store
Enter your zip code
Other sellers (Paperback)
Available on NOOK devices and apps
NOOK Devices
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK 7.0
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK 10.1
NOOK HD Tablet
NOOK HD+ Tablet
NOOK eReaders
NOOK Color
NOOK Tablet
Tablet/Phone
NOOK for Windows 8 Tablet
NOOK for iOS
NOOK for Android
NOOK Kids for iPad
NOOK for Windows 8
NOOK for PC
NOOK for Mac
NOOK for Web
Want a NOOK?
All Available Formats & Editions
NOOK Book (1)
Paperback (1)
Pepper has been hopelessly in love with her best friend's brother, Hunter, for, like, ever. He's the key to everything she's always craved: security, stability, family. But she needs Hunter to notice her as more than just a friend. Even though she's kissed exactly one guy, she has the perfect plan to go from novice to rock star in the bedroom: take a few pointers from someone who knows what he's doing.
Her college roommates have the perfect teacher in mind. But bartender Reece is nothing like the player Pepper expects. Yes, he's beyond gorgeous, but he's also dangerous and deep—with a troubled past. Soon what started as a lesson in attraction is turning both their worlds upside down, and showing them just what can happen when you go past foreplay and get to what's real. . . .
Sophie Jordan grew up on a pecan farm in the Texas hill country, where she wove fantasies of dragons, warriors, and princesses. A former high school English teacher, she's also the New York Times bestselling author of Avon historical romances and the Firelight series. She now lives in Houston with her family. When she's not writing, she spends her time overloading on caffeine (lattes and Diet cherry Coke preferred), talking plotlines with anyone who will listen (including her kids), and cramming her DVR with true-crime and reality-TV shows..
Average Rating 4.5
***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***
Foreplay by
***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***Foreplay by Sophie JordanBook One of the Ivy ChroniclesPublisher: William MorrowPublication Date: November 5, 2013Rating: 4 starsSource: eARC from EdelweissSummary (from Goodreads):Before she goes after the life she&s always wanted, she&s about to find the one she needs.&Pepper has been hopelessly in love with her best friend&s brother, Hunter, for like ever. He&s the key to everything she&s always craved: security, stability, family. But she needs Hunter to notice her as more than just a friend. Even though she&s kissed exactly one guy, she has just the plan to go from novice to rock star in the bedroom&take a few pointers from someone who knows what he&s doing.Her college roommates have the perfect teacher in mind. But bartender Reece is nothing like the player Pepper expects. Yes, he&s beyond gorgeous, but he&s also dangerous, deep&with a troubled past. Soon what started as lessons in attraction are turning both their worlds around, and showing just what can happen when you go past foreplay and get to what&s real&What I Liked:NON-SPOILER-FILLED REVIEW, I PROMISE!I think one of the reasons why I am so harsh with New Adult novels (especially the contemporary romance ones) is that I'm actually in college... so I can pick out completely unauthentic parts of this type of novel. I mean, I know all colleges and universities are different, and I also know that Johns Hopkins is soooo not the same as, say, the University of Maryland. But there are some aspects of college life that some New Adult authors get totally wrong, and some aspects that these author hit on the head.I think that overall, Sophie Jordan does a good job of portraying a certain TYPE of college student's life. Not all college students go to bars - not all UNDERAGE college students go to bars. Yet, this is the type of lifestyle that New Adult authors portray, over and over. I mean, most of the college students that I know explore the city, or go paint-balling, or rollerblading, or rock-climbing. The adventurous ones, anyway. The non-adventurous ones stay indoors all day, in their dorm or in the library or so on.But anyway. Pepper is a quiet student who occasionally goes out with her suitemate and roommate - and by goes out, I mean to places with alcohol and dancing and so on. Not like, bowling, or something. But I had no huge problems with Pepper. Usually, I HATE the heroine in New Adult contemporary romance novels. But Pepper was okay. She didn't have some gigantic, soul-eating, mind-consuming secret from the past, that she had to work through, with the aid of a super-yummy hunk of a man, like most New Adult contemporary romance novels feature.Not that this book didn't contain a super-yummy hunk of a man. Reece definitely fits that profile. But I like Reece a lot. Instead of insipid and arrogant, he is quiet and thoughtful, but also very direct. It is his idea for Pepper and him to practice foreplay, in order for her to score the man of her dreams - the guy she's been in love with for like, EVER.I know, the plot seems kind of silly. And New-Adult-y. But somehow, the plot ended up being very engaging. I enjoyed the interactions between Pepper and Reece - even the sappy secret-delving conversations that usually make me want to roll my eyes. The difference with this book is that Reece actually seems like a grown MAN, and not a silly and stupid and BRAINLESS teenage boy/young man.Romance. LOVE. IT. Sophie Jordan does an excellent job of constructing the romance in this book. The growth of the relationship between Reece and Pepper is simplistic and progressive. There is a lust connection at first sight, but it's not insta-love. It's hard to explain, but trust me, it was different in this book.So, I suppose you could say that there is a love triangle in this book, since there is Pepper and Reece practicing foreplay, in order for Pepper to snag Mr. Perfect. But... it's not quite your traditional love triangle. The romance dominates this book, but I like the presence of this love triangle, and the romance in this book. Not telling you how things end. Not even HINTING.I liked this book. I'll gladly read the second book in this series. We'll see from there!What I Did Not Like:I still think that most New Adult contemporary romance books that are traditionally published/self-published are pretty formulaic. This book wasn't as bad, in terms of the New Adult contemporary romance skeleton, but bits and pieces were still evident. The &good girl&, the &bad boy&, intense chemistry... it seems like most New Adult contemporary romance novels feature these aspects, whether on purpose or not.But it wasn't as bad, in this book. Maybe because Sophie Jordan is an adult romance writer, and has a fantastic command on the romance aspect of the novel. Somehow, the repetitiveness of the New Adult contemporary romance genre was present but not overwhelming in this book.Would I Recommend It:This is so strange - me recommending a New Adult contemporary romance book. You all know my track record with NA contemporary romance books. But I would recommend this book to New Adult fans or non-New-Adult fans! I mean, I disliked most of the NA books I read, but I liked this one. That must mean something!Rating:4 stars. I know, I know, a New Adult contemporary romance that I actually enjoyed! It MUST be pretty good, right? I thought so!
11 out of 15 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful? & Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you, this review has been flagged.
At the tender age of 12 Pepper was pretty much an orphan. Her fa
At the tender age of 12 Pepper was pretty much an orphan. Her father had died and her mother abandoned her on the doorstep of her grandmother's house. Ever since she's lived her life according to one goal, end up with Hunter Montgomery, the brother of her best friend. She's seen Hunter as the safe choice, the right choice for where she'd end up in her life. Everything she's done she does it in hopes of him noticing her, not just as his sister's best friend, but as a woman.However, Pepper knows she's lacking in certain areas of her life, most noticeably romance. With the help of her friends, Emerson and Georgia, she takes it upon herself to learn the art of foreplay in hopes of snagging Hunter. The friends come up with a sure-fire plan, get Pepper to hook up with Reece, the infamous bartender at a local bar known for doing anything that walks.Foreplay is a good book and one I really enjoyed. It was funny, cute, and had the right amount of heat. Pepper is rather likable in that awkward, doesn't know what to do with her life way. She grew up moving around with her mother, hiding from the men her mother brought home, and just plain lonely, at least until she moved in with her elderly grandmother and met her best friend Lila. She doesn't share her past as she's trying her best to run away from it.Reece is simply amazing and even he has his own troubled past. His mother died when he was eight and his father was one in name only. When he met Pepper he could tell there was something special about her. He also knew that Pepper was using him but he still wanted to be around her.Foreplay could have used a few things though. I liked learning about the two leads and their pasts, but it just seemed too rushed. I wish it was expanded on more, especially Reece's past. I also wish that Reece was in the book more. Yes, I know this is more Pepper's story, but if she was using Reece, he should have been there more! And given how the book ends up, which we can all predict, where was he? Maybe I'm just used to dual POV's now, I don't know. I guess it would have been nice to peek into his psyche and see more than we were given.
3 out of 3 people found this review helpful.
I enjoyed the story overall. Pepper did get on my nerves a bit at times w/ here continued belief that she just HAD to be with Hunter. But they all got their HEA so still a good read.
2 out of 5 people found this review helpful.
Foreplay is not the first novel I've read by Sophie J
4.5 STARSForeplay is not the first novel I've read by Sophie Jordan. However, it's the first new adult book written by her that I've read (her writing is perfect for the new adult genre!), and it's by far my favorite of her books I've read. I just loved it!What made me enjoy Foreplay so much was the relationship between Pepper and Reece. It was hot! I felt like I had to fan myself nonstop whenever Reece was around because he was so intense. He was also patient and protective and at times vulnerable. Honestly, I was a bit jealous of Pepper (I want my own Reece!), but she was a great character as well. I liked her personality and understood the reasoning behind the choices that she made. I loved that although Pepper and Reece seemed to be completely different they were actually similar people. They have both gone through rough childhoods, and I'm glad they were able to find each other because they are perfect together and both deserved happiness.I wish the last few chapters had the same pace as the rest of the story because I think things were resolved rather quickly. Still, it didn't take away my enjoyment of everything else. And the very end was really sweet! I'm looking forward to reading more new adult novels by Sophie Jordan, including the next book in the Ivy Chronicles.
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.
Hot & Sexy
Read this book in just one day. Couldn't put it down. Love me some Reece. Can't wait to read the next novel in this series.
2 out of 3 people found this review helpful.
Loved it. The only reason i didnt give 5 stars was the ending was kind of rushed and anticlimatic.
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
As a huge fan of the recent New Adult genre bloom, I was su
3.5As a huge fan of the recent New Adult genre bloom, I was super excited to get to read Sophie Jordan&s New Adult title, FOREPLAY. Having read her Young Adults books, I knew I really enjoyed her writing and let&s face it - who can resist this title or cover?!Pepper has been secretly in love with her friend&s brother, Hunter, for years. All of a sudden, he is single and she knows she needs to act fast before another girl swoops in and snatches him back off the market. The only problem is that she is a very inexperienced virgin, with only one (badly done) kiss. The solution: take her friend&s advice and go try to find experience with the &easy bartender&, Reece.Sounds good, right? I thought so, too. However, I felt like at the 40% mark, Jordan was just letting the two main characters really get to know each other. Up to that point, it seemed as though they were just going around and around and around and around in circles. Also, for some reason, I know Pepper had a troubled past, but her constant self-doubt and lack of confidence & which is normal at any age when dealing with dating & but this was so bad it got to the point that I felt like it was distracting me from concentrating on finding the plot.Admittedly, FOREPLAY did pick up around the halfway point and Pepper and Reece FINALLY has to start interaction, apart from small talk, sudden rescues, and the like. They have a great chemistry and it was fun to watch them get to know each other and start to feel the tug at the heartstrings.Overall, FOREPLAY was good, but you have to be very patient and wait for the middle of the novel for things to actually get going. While I liked it, I cannot say I loved it and am still debating the next book.
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
Such a great book. I honestly couldn't put it down.
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful.
When I found out that Sophie Jordan was writing a New Adult nove
When I found out that Sophie Jordan was writing a New Adult novel, I was super excited. I knew she wrote adult novels, so her NA would more than likely be reallllly good! And I was right. Sophie Jordan did not disappoint.&'There is more to a relationship than just sex.& &Yes, but a relationship sure is better when the sex is good.&pg. 73& & &I'll be honest. when I first found read the synopsis, I wasn't exactly thrilled. I thought it was a weird concept. I thought she was going to be doing different hook-ups until her roommates found her &the perfect teacher.& It wasn't exactly something I would have wanted to read. But then I saw the reviews start coming in and saw that that wasn't the case at all. It got me excited for it all over again. And then, the book trailer came out. And let me just tell you, that book trailer made me put this to the very top of my TBR. I NEEDED to know who this Reece was.&'What did you tell them? His breath fanned from my lips. &That you're staying the night with me.&pg. 105& & &And then I finally met Pepper and Reece. With Pepper, I HATED her name. (Sorry I just couldn't get over that.) And a lot of the things she did. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't like the fact that she was so scary. But at the same time, I understood it. She was so innocent and didn't know how to go for what she wanted. I wanted her from the very beginning to leave Hunter alone because I felt like he was just there. The first time Reece asked why it HAD to be Hunter and she couldn't answer, I just felt like she was stupid for still pursuing it. And then at the part where she first chose, I thought that was just crazy. By then it was obvious what they felt for each other and she still chose to fight it. Even with all that happened to her, I thought she was nuts to still push him away. But I understood that too. She was just scared. Which is why I loved Emerson. She was the exact opposite and just what Pepper needed to bring her out of her shell. They had a great friendship.&'I glanced down and winced at the white cotton panties with tiny yellow kittens on them.&pg. 132& & &And then there's Reece. OMG he was super hot. He had a pierced eyebrow, tattoos, and muscles on top of muscles from what I'm picturing in my head (along with what I saw on the book trailer). And he always knew exactly what to say. Whether to get Pepper all hot and steamy or just to make her feel wanted. And what I loved the most about him, HE WASN'T THE STEREOTYPICAL MAN WHORE that's in ALLLLLL of NA. I really enjoyed that he was really just a normal guy and all he wanted was a normal relationship. His character was more than just the embodiment of sex. He had a bit of a dark past as well. And when the situation finally arose in the book, I hated that I had to see it. I wanted nothing more than to make him understand that it wasn't his fault.&'Even sick, he was seducing me. He probably didn't even realize it. It's just what he did. Who he was. How he affected me.&pg. 145& & As for the romance, it was exiting and super hot. Of course since she's &learning& foreplay, its a slow burning romance between the two of them. And every time they're together, it only gets hotter. I'm not exactly sure how they avoided it for so long, but in the end, when they finally got to it, it definitely set their worlds on fire.&'It was as though my body lived and breathed for this. For him.&pg. 181& & &This was a book that I was anticipating for a long time. And although I had some discrepancies, I'm so glad I decided to look past them. Pepper and Reece are wonderful characters and Foreplay will definitely leave you wanting more. Pun intended.
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful.
Great book! I really enjoyed reading this book and couldn't put it down until I was finished! Great plot and characters! Can't wait to read the next book! Loved it!
Wonderful story with engaging and lovable characters.
Highly recommend this author!
You wont be sorry!
I was really surprised that I enjoyed Wild (Ivy Chronicles #3) b
I was really surprised that I enjoyed Wild (Ivy Chronicles #3) by Sophie Jordan.
So much so that I read the whole series!
I really loved the story of the three best friends: Pepper, Emerson and Georgia!Foreplay, focuses on Pepper&s love story to bar tender/owner Reece.
When shy Pepper finds out that the love of her life, her best friend&s brother breaks up with his serious girlfriend, she sees it as a sign!
She had been in love with Hunter since she was in high school and now want him all to himself.
She has no experience in the flirting department.
Enter a hot bartender from Mulvaney&s rumored to be skilled and free of his uhmm favors.
When Pepper sees him in the bar, she is stunned and is attracted to the hottie bartender and immediately practices her wiles on him.
Incidentally, he is the hottie who helped her with her car when it stalled after her babysitting gig one night.When Reece agrees to tutor Pepper with foreplay (and more), Pepper starts to fall but she still can&t let go of her love for Hunter, especially now that Hunter has started to notice her.I love the sparks between Reece and Pepper.
Reece is the perfect badboy/goodboy/experienced older man (not so older though) for Pepper and naturally, they can&t keep their hands off of each other.
I also loved that despite having a bad boy image, Reece is responsible, which I really liked.Foreplay was a quick and steamy read for me and I enjoyed it.
I was a little annoyed at Pepper a few times but she did redeem herself in the end (she saves a puppy from a fire and almost gets killed in the process).Sophie Jordan has become a go to crossover author.
I love her historicals and now her new adult books!
I have also read her young adult Firelight series.
This is the first book I have read from the New Adult section of
This is the first book I have read from the New Adult section of Avon and I have to say I was impressed. I have tried to read YA books and other younger settings and not been able to get into the story. This was not the case. Sophie really drew me into the story and I was intrigued to know what would Happen and who Pepper would end up with in the end...Pepper is that quiet girl that is easily overlooked. She has little confidence and has no idea what she truly wants with one exception: Hunter. Hunter is her best friend&s brother and growing up around his and his happy family makes her want to be a part of it too. With her friends on board and Hunter newly single they devise a plan to make Pepper noticeable. Her college roommates hear rumors of a Hot Bartender that can show a girl a good time. This is who they choose to teach Pepper how to entice and know the true meaning of Foreplay.After meeting Reese they are all blown away at how truly gorgeous he is. Peppers is shocked when Reese agrees to help her out with lesions but doesn&t count on the connection they have messing with her plans. When the lesions pay off and Hunter does ask her out, Pepper has some more missions to make. This image of the perfect family is within her grasp but her head and her heart are at war& Find out who she ends up with in the end.
This book was unputdownable for me!
Plot: The story is pretty
This book was unputdownable for me! Plot: The story is pretty straightforward, Pepper comes from a dysfunctional family and has been crushing on her best friend's older brother for over 12 years. When he becomes single, Pepper and her friends decide that she needs some more &experience& in order for Hunter to see her as anything more than &my little sister's best friend.& In walks Reece, the sexy bartender. I liked the flow of the story, Sophie Jordan gave enough insight about each character to make this love story seem realistic. My only complaint would be the melodramatic ending, but still, it was adorable. Characters: Pepper and Reece make my life! They are both 3-dimensional characters with obvious flaws and insecurities. I loved the development of the relationship, from purely sexual to hanging out and getting to know each other. Jordan alsointroduces us to Pepper's friends who are also the stars of the upcoming Ivy Series novels. Setting: Pepper is a university student, but I don't think there is a single time that she was in class! Haha, I swear, she went from the coffee shop right to the bar. The only times I was reminded that Pepper was a 19 year old girl was her talk of Halloween parties and RAs. Short N Sweet: Foreplay is a sweet love story regarding insecurities and getting what you need, not what you want.
Good story
Really enjoyed it.
One of my favorites in my entire library
Very good story, believable characters, hot sex scenes, HEA.
Highly recommended
Great read can't wait to read next one
I could not finish this book. I finished two chapters and knew that Pepper was already going to grate my nerves to the quick.
If you find inappropriate content, please report it to
Publisher doesn't hold rights to book
Publisher doesn't hold rights to cover image
Inaccurate description
Objectionable content
Please enter a valid email address. Thank you. A welcome email has been sent.
Visit NOOK in:
B&N Services
Shipping & Delivery
Quick Help}

我要回帖

更多关于 boy and girl 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信