2013年新版新目标英语七年级下unit6_I’mwatchingTVSectionA第二课时
上传于||暂无简介
大小:2.33MB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢We are YAZIO: get to know us!
ThomasDevelopment
NormanDevelopment
RobertDevelopment
SophieMarketing As a young and international startup we always seek for creative and talented people, to improve our unique and innovative nutrition app and calorie counter YAZIO. Expect a highly motivated team that works tirelessly, to make YAZIO the best calorie counter and diet tracker around the world. Discover our exciting mission and become a part of our great team!Where you can find us alsoare Liiy Lycy and TV watching_百度知道
are Liiy Lycy and TV watching
提问者采纳
Lucy and lily are TV-watching.Yes, they are watching TV.
提问者评价
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
您可能关注的推广
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁当前位置:
>>>阅读理解 Sylvester and I are watching television advertiseme..
&&&& Sylvester and I are watching television advertisements because we need information for a class research project. We have to discuss realism and dreams in television advertising, and so we are looking for examples of things that are not true in television advertisements. The question we are askingis, "Is the advertisement true to life, or does it offer an unreal picture of the product?"&&&& Sylvester is keeping track of the lies, and he already has quite a long list. He says that all housewivesseem to live in lovely homes, dress beautifully, and love their household chores. They smile and boastabout floor cleaners and proudly display their dirty clothes, dirty table-tops, and dirty children. In addition, he has never seen men doing housework. Sylvester thinks that this view of family life is filled with things that are not true.&&&& I am keeping track of the people who appear in the advertisements. I have found handsome men chasing after beautiful women, and they are always recommending brand X tooth-paste or brand Y cologne (科隆香水). I see teenagers and children with their friends, having wonderful time at parties and at school, and they are usually enjoying large, happy family gatherings. I think that these advertisements are also filled with things that aren't true.&&&& Sylvester and I have discovered that much of American life is pictured unrealistically on television. Teenagers do not always have fun at parties, and very few people love doing chores. People do have problems but few of these are ever shown in advertisements. Instead, we watch Cinderella discover a miracle floor cleaner, finish the kitchen chores, and waltz off to the ball. Our heads are filled with these dreams, and they also suggest that, for any problem, brand Z will provide the instant cure. Sylvester andI will have very few facts and a lot of dreams to write about in our research reports.
1. Why are the speaker and Sylvester watching television?
A. They are looking for good products.&&&&B. They are trying to be like TV people.C. They are interested in advertising.&&&&&& D. They are doing a school project.
2. What does the author think about how teenagers are shown?
A. It is incomplete.B. It is unrealistic.&&&&C. It is true to life.&& D. It is too boring.
3. Sylvester and the author have come to the conclusion that television advertising ______.
A. truly reflects American life&&&&&&&&&&B. is lacking in much imaginationC. seldom shows problems&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. gives great fun to children
4. The most suitable title for the passage is ______.
A. A Class Research Project on TV&&&&&&&& B. American Life to Be ShownC. Children Like to Sylvester Advertisements D. Untrue Things in TV Advertising
题型:阅读理解难度:中档来源:安徽省模拟题
1-4: D B C D
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“阅读理解 Sylvester and I are watching television advertiseme..”主要考查你对&&日常生活类阅读&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
日常生活类阅读
日常生活类阅读的概念:
日常生活这一话题主要涉及人们衣食住行等方面的活动。这一话题的选材主要针对人们日常的工作,生活以及学习情况。做这一类题时,最主要的是要把握好人物的活动内容,时间和地点。 日常生活类阅读题答题技巧:
【题型说明】该类文章内容涉及到人们的言谈举止、生活习惯、饮食起居、服饰仪表、恋爱婚姻、消遣娱乐、节日起源、家庭生活等。文章篇幅短小,追根溯源,探索各项风俗的历史渊源,内容有趣。命题也以送分题为主,如事实细节题、语义转换题、词义猜测题和简单推理判断题等。虽然这类文章读起来感觉轻松,试题做起来比较顺手,但绝不能掉以轻心。因为稍不留神,就会丢分。   【备考提醒】为了保证较高准确率,建议同学们做好以下几点:   1、保持正常的考试心态。笔者在教学中发现,越是容易的试题,同学们越是容易失分。为什么呢?因为在这种情况下,同学们极易产生麻痹思想,认为题目好做,就不引起高度重视,于是思维不发散、不周密。而命题人就是利用同学们的这一弱点,设计陷阱题。所以,无论试题难易与否,我们都要保持正常的考试心态。试题容易,不欣喜;试题难,不悲观。   2、根据前面讲到的方法,认认真真、细细心心做好事实细节题。   3、做好语义转换题。这类题是根据英语中一词多义和某些词语在文中能表达一定的修辞意义的原则而设计的。要求同学们解释某生词的含义,确定多义词或短语在文中的意思,确认文中的某个代词所指代的对象,或者对英语中特有的表达、格言、谚语进行解释。这种题要求同学们一定要根据上下文猜测词义或理解句子,切不可望文生义。   4、做好简单推理判断题。简单推理判断题要以表面文字为前提,以具体事实为依据进行推理,做出判断。这种推理方式比较直接,只要弄清事实,即可结合常识推断出合理的结论。
发现相似题
与“阅读理解 Sylvester and I are watching television advertiseme..”考查相似的试题有:
4491082218073753573698754090053559901-5: CBDBA
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:英语教研室
  In the 1970s, with ever-increasing international travel and tourism, the United States Department of Transportation decided to design a set of symbols(符号)for airports, stations, and public facilities(设施). The aim was to design symbols that would be clear to people in a hurry and to those who can not read English. Therefore, the set of symbols shown below was designed. Then the designers planned an experiment with an international sample(抽样调查) of 8-year-old children from Sweden. Japan, France, Canada, and Britain. The purpose of the experiment was to determine how clear the symbols would be to the children, who were not experienced international travelers.
  The children were shown the set of sample symbols, and were then asked to explain to the experimenters what the symbols meant. The researchers thought that if the international sample of children could understand them, the grown-up travelers would probably also recognize their meanings. The following graph(图表) shows the percentages of correctly explained symbols.
  The experiments discovered that most of the children easily understand the telephone receiver and cigarette symbols. However, there were some interesting differences in their answers to the other four symbols. The Japanese children most easily understood the symbol standing for“coffee shop”. The experimenters thought that this fact showed children in Japan are more familiar with such shops than children in Sweden and Canada. The Japanese, French, and Canadian children all equally recognized the idea of“information”showed by the question mark.
  Interestingly, the French and Canadian children understood the symbol referring to“campground(露营地)”better than the other children. Again, the researchers thought that recognition of a symbol shows how common the activity is in a country.
  One particularly difficult symbol was that of the umbrella and glove used for“lost and found”, which was correctly explained by less than 50% of the children in four of the five countries. On the basis(基础) of this finding, the experimenters decided to add a question mark to make this symbol easier to understand.
1.Which of the following shows the correct meaning of(X), (Y), and (Z) in the graph above?
A.Campground, Coffee Shop, Lost and Found.
B.Lost and Found, Campground, Coffee Shop.
C.Coffee shop, Lost and Found, Campground.
D.Telephone, No smoking, Information.
2.If we compare the Japanese and French children's understanding of the question mark and cigarette symbols, then we can find a difference of _____ between these symbols.
A.0%   B.10%
C.80%   D.90%
3.The _____ symbol was the most difficult for the Japanese children to understand.
A.cup   B.question mark
C.tent   D.umbrella and glove
4.Which of the following statements is TRUE?
A.The experimenters thought Japanese children drink coffee.
B.The most difficult symbol was changed to make it clearer.
C.The question mark symbol is the least difficult in all five countries.
D.The researchers thought children would know as much as grown-ups.
来源:福建示范性高中2007年高三年级3月质量检测、英语
Old-Fashioned Play-For Pay
  Kids!Come have a ball!Or 60,000 of them!There’s a new type of business franchise that is appearing in shopping malls and neighborhoods across America offering pay-per-use indoor playgrounds ,which feature toys ,games ,supervised fun and a workout that doesn’t break the family bank.
  As public playgrounds grow increasingly worn and dirty, the for-profit centers offer clean, safe supervised activity as well as a variety of challenging exercises to develop youngsters’ physical fitness, usually for a fee of around 5$ an hour.“Playgrounds are dirty ,not supervised,” says Dick Guggenheimer ,owner of the two-month-old Discovery Zone in Yonkers, N.Y., part of Kansas City-based chain, “W we are padded(铺上软垫);parents can feel their child is safe”.
  In order to satisfy the need of two-earner families ,the new franchise stayed open in the evenings ,long after traditional public playgrounds have grown dark and unusable.However these new playgrounds are not meant to be day-care centers.Parents are expected go stay and play with their kids rather than drop them off.But several also provide high-tech baby-sitting services.At some of the Discovery Zones, parents can register their children in special supervised programs, then leave them and slip away for a couple of hours to enjoy a movie or dinner.If there is a problem ,Mom and Dad are called.
  The most fun of all, though, is getting to do what parents used to do in the days before two-earner families and two- play with their kids.That ,at least ,is old-fashioned, even at per-hour rates.
What is this article mainly talking about?
The fast development of Discovery Zone.
The disadvantages of outdoor playgrounds.
A new type of business franchise for kids.
Children can play in the public playgrounds without parents’care.
According to the article, which of the following is true to the new playground?
The cost is high for a family.
It stayed open in the evening just as traditional playgrounds.
It doesn’t allow parents to leave their kids.
It’s a place where parents can play together with their kids.
What does the writer mean by saying “old-fashioned”?
The so-called new playground is outdated.
The new playground is also enjoyed by old people.
The new playground is actually enjoyed by parents.
The new playground offers a fashion which is poplar in the past.
What is the writer’s attitude toward the new playground?
Indifferent
来源:四川省雅安市2010届高三下学期第三次诊断性考试英语
题型:阅读理解
第二部分&阅读理解(共两节,满分50分)第一节&阅读下面短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)A The Erie Canal was the first important national waterway built in the US. It crossed New York from Buffalo on Lake Erie Troy to Albany on the Hudson River. It joined the Great Lakes with the Atlantic Ocean. The canal served as a route over which industrial goods could flow into the west, and materials could pour into the east. The Erie Canal helped New York develop into the nation's largest city. The building of the canal was paid for entirely by the state of New York. It cost $ 7,143,789, but it soon gained its price many times over. Between 1825, when the canal was opened, and 1882, when toll charges(过运河费)were stopped, the state collected $ 121,461,891. For a hundred years before the Erie was built, people had been talking about a canal which could join the Great Lakes and the Atlantic Ocean. The man who planned the Erie Canal and carried the plan through was De Witt Clinton. Those who were against the canal laughingly called it "Clinton's Ditch(沟)". Clinton talked and wrote about the canal and drew up plans for it. He and Governor Morris went to Washington in 1812 to ask for help for the canal, but they were unsuccessful. Clinton became governor of New York in 1817, and shortly afterwards, on July 4,1817, broke ground for the canal in Rome, N.Y. The first part of the canal was completed in 1820. As the canal grew, towns along its course developed fast. The length of the canal is 363 miles.41.We can see that the Erie Canal______ A.joined the Great Lakes together B.crossed New York Lakes together C.played an important part in developing New York City D.was the first waterway built in the US42.It can be inferred that______into the Atlantic Ocean. A.the Great Lakes flow&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.the Hudson River flows C.Lake Erie flows&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.the Erie Canal flows43.Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage? A.The Erie Canal brought profits of over $ 114,000,000. B.It's 363 miles from the Great Lakes to the Atlantic Ocean. C.The West was more advanced than the East when the canal was built. D.Many other states helped New York build the canal.44.We can learn from the passage that______. A.Clinton broke ground for the canal at both ends B.Clinton started building the canal before he became governor C.all parts of the canal were completed at the same time D.construction of the canal took eight years
三、阅读理解(共两节,40分)
第一节(共15小题;每小题2分,共30分)
&&&&&& 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项A、B、C、D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
&&&&&& When you go to St.Petersburg, the number of attractions can seem large.If you are short of time, or just want to make sure to hit the highlights, these are the top must-see sights in St. Petersburg.
1.The Hermitage Museum
&&&&&& The Hermitage Museum is one of the most important sights to see for any visitor to St. Petersburg. There are lots of different paintings by the old masters in the Hermitage. Prepare to come face-to-face with classie Western artists.
2. Kizhi Island
&&&&&& Kizhi Island is an open-air museum of wooden architecture from the Karelia Region of Russia. These impressive structures are made entirely without nails - the wood fits together with joints and grooves(沟槽).
3. Peterhof
&&&&&& Peterhof is as beautiful as it is fun. You’ll be charged for admission, but go to Petethof when the fountaions are working—during the day in the summer. They are shut off in winter evenings.
4. The Church of Our Savior on the Spilt Blood
&&&&&& Love it or hate it, the Church of Our Savior on the Spilt Blood in St. Petersburg is an enthralling must-see sight. The beautiful look may make y our eyes brighten, and the painting sinside the church will make you say “Wow!”
5. The Bronze Horseman Statue
&&&&&& The so-called Bronze Horseman is a part of Russian culture and a symbol of St. Petersburg. Made famous by Alexander Pushkin, this statue of Peter the Great sitting on his horse can truly show Peter the Great’s influence on the Russian idce of greatness.
51.If you are interested in pairtings, you’d better go to&&&&&&&& .
&&&&&& A.Peterhof and Kizhi Island
&&&&&& B.the Hcrmitagee Museum and Peterhof
&&&&&& C.Kizhi lsland and the Church of Our Savior on the Spilt Blood
&&&&&& D.the hermitage Museum and the Church of Our Savior on the Spilt Blood
52.We can learn from the passage that&&&&&&&&&& .
&&&&&& A.visitors can visit Peterhof for free
&&&&&& B.the buildings of Kizhi Island are made of wood
&&&&&& C.the fountains in Peterhof can be seen all year round
&&&&&& D.the largest collection of Russian arts is in the Hermitage Museum
53.The main purpose of the passage is to&&&&&&&& .
&&&&&& A.show the wonderful history of Russia
&&&&&& B.persuade artists to study St. Petersburg
&&&&&& C.recommend the famous buildings in Russia
&&&&&& D.introduce the must-see sights in St. Petersburg
54.The underlined phrase (in Para 1) “hit the highlights” means&&&&&&&& .
&&&&&& A.to save more time&&&&&&&&&& &&& B.to learn more knowledge
&&&&&& C.to go to the high buildings&&&&& D.to visit the most interesting sights
来源:同步题
阅读理解。&&&& When I was growing up, I was embarrassed to be seen with my father. He was badly crippled (跛脚), and when we would walk together, his hand on my arm for balance, people would stare and I would be ashamed of the unwanted attention. If ever noticed or bothered, he never let on.&&& &It was difficult to walk together-and because of that, we didn't say much as we went along. But as we started out, he always said, "You set the pace. I will try to follow you." &&&& Our usual walk was to or from the subway, which was how he got to work. He went to work even in bad weather. He almost never missed a day, and would make it to the office even if others could not. It was a matter of pride for him. &&&& When snow or ice was on the ground, it was impossible for him to walk, even with help...Such times my sister or I would pull him through the streets of Brooklyn, N. Y., on a child's sleigh to the subway entrance. Once there, he would try to grasp handrail until he reached the lower steps that the warmer tunnel air kept ice free. In Manhattan the subway station was the basement of his office building, and he would not have to go outside again until we met him in Brooklyn on his way home.&&& &When I think of it now, I am surprised at how much courage it must have taken for a grown man to suffer from shame and disability. And I am also surprised at how he did it-without bitterness or complaint. &&&& He never talked about himself as an object of pity, nor did he show any envy of the more fortunate or able. What he looked for in others was a "good heart", and if he found one, the owner was good enough for him. &&&& Now that I am older, I believe that is a proper standard by which to judge people, even though I still don't know exactly what a "good heart" is. But I know the times I don't have one myself. &&&& He has been away for many years now, but I think of him often. I wonder if he sensed my reluctance to be seen with him during our walks. If he did, I am sorry I never told him how sorry I was, how unworthy I was, how I regretted it. I think of him when I com- plain about my troubles, when I am envious of another's good for-tune, when I don't have a "good heart". 1. How did the man treat his father when he was young? A. He helped his father happily. B. He never helped his father. C. He helped his father, but not very happily. D. He only helped his father take a walk after supper. 2. As a disabled man, his father ____.& A. didn't work very hard B. didn't go to work from time to time C. hated those who had good fortune D. was happy and satisfied, and never lost hope 3.What does the underlined word "reluctance" mean in the article? It means ____. A. anger B. sadness C. happiness D. unwillingness 4. How did the father get to work usually? A. By subway. B. By bus. C. By wheelchair. D. By bike.}

我要回帖

更多关于 we are the world 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信