宏观经济的深层原因。运用对比分析的方法,通过比较亚洲金融危机和本轮次贷
危机,更加能够清楚的判断本轮危机的传导机制,从而对防范和化解金融危机起
到更加有效的借鉴作用。文章结尾从危机对世界的影响判断危机的趋势,希望给
读者一个合理的预期。
关键词:次贷;危机;原因;传染
正在加载中,请稍后...30新标准大学英语综合教程4(unit1-6)课后答案及课文翻译-第12页
上亿文档资料,等你来发现
30新标准大学英语综合教程4(unit1-6)课后答案及课文翻译-12
2Whatarethedifferencesbe;AnDunmarked‖wordisnormal;3Whatisthedifferencebetw;AnDunmarked‖appearancewo;4Whyisnomake-upDmarked‖f;Becausemanyormostwomenwe;5HowoftendomenwearDmarke;Notof
2 What are the differences between a Dmarked‖ and an Dunmarked‖ word?An Dunmarked‖ word is normal, common or neutral, while a Dmarked‖ one is noticeable or used in a particular way or has a special meaning. Sometimes the unmarked one is positive and the unmarked on is negative.3 What is the difference between a Dmarked‖ and an Dunmarked‖ appearance in the workplace?An Dunmarked‖ appearance would be normal, neutral and common, so it is unlikely that anyone would comment on it. A Dmarked‖ appearance would be different, particular and noticeable because it would be a contrast to all those with an unmarked appearance C people would be likely to comment on the person with the marked appearance.4 Why is no make-up Dmarked‖ for women?Because many or most women wear some make-up. A woman wearing no make-up in a context where it is expected that make-up would be worn is noticeably different, so it is Dmarked‖.5 How often do men wear Dmarked‖ clothes in the workplace?Not often or rarely.6 What is the connection between Dmarked‖ and Dsexy‖?Assuming that most women wear attractive and smart clothes, say in the workplace, this would be unmarked (among women), whereas if a woman wore sexy clothes (which for example were veryrevealing), this would be noticeable and Dmarked‖ (and inappropriate). In another context, the opposite might be the case, say at a party where most women were dressed in a sexy manner, someone dressed smartly and conservatively but not in a sexy manner would be Dmarked‖.7 Why are women‘s titles (Mrs, Miss and Ms) all marked?Because whichever choice a woman makes it tells people something more than their title: If they choose Mrs, they are married but perhaps conserv if they choose Miss they are unmarried but perh if they choose Ms, you don‘t know whether they are married or not, but you do know that they don‘t want to give information about being married and that they are more modern, liberated, rebellious or feminist. Men do not have to make any of these choices. 8 In what sense are women‘s surnames marked?In some English-speaking countries, say the US, married woman‘s surname is marked because traditionally they take their husband‘s surname as their married surname. So if a woman uses this name, it may signal that she is traditional or willing to adopt her husband‘s identity. Some married women, especially in professions, continue to use their original surname from their own family, and then this is Dmarked‖ C it may be a signal that they are modern, liberated, or wish to keep their own identity. Of course, this is not a problem in Chinese and those other languages in which a married woman doesn‘t take her husband‘s name. Language in usesay + something / nothing / a lot etc about1 Rewrite the sentences using say + something / nothing / a lot etc about .1 The boots she wears give a lot of information about her.The boots she wears say a lot about her.2 The way he talks about other people gives an indication of his personality.The way he talks about other people says something about his personality.3 The way she behaves doesn‘t give any indication of her previous career.The way she behaves says nothing about her previous career.4 This statement is very revealing about the organization‘s attitude to women.This statement says a lot about the organization‘s attitude to women.5 This type of task gives some idea about the structure of the final examination.This type of task says something about the structure of the final examination.on + gerund2 Rewrite the sentences using on + gerund.1 When they checked the figures again, they realized there had been a mistake.On checking the figures again, they realized there had been a mistake.2 When she was asked, she said she would like to be known by her first name.On being asked, she said she would like to be known by her first name.3 When we investigated more completely, we made an important discovery.On investigating more completely, we made an important discovery.4 When they heard the news, most people reacted with offers to help.On hearing the news, most people reacted with offers to help.5 When people are accused of a crime they haven‘t committed, most of them don‘t know how to react. On being accused of a crime they haven‘t committed, most people don‘t know how to react.anything but3 Rewrite the sentences using anything but .1 The organizer of the conference was the opposite of helpful.The organizer of the conference was anything but helpful.2 The instructions you left were certainly not easy to follow.The instructions you left were anything but easy to follow.3 I felt extremely unsafe wearing those four-inch-high heels.I felt anything but safe wearing those four-inch-high heels.4 The weather last week was quite the opposite of warm and sunny.The weather last week was anything but warm and sunny.5 I think that attitudes towards women in the company where I work are a long way from being progressive.I think that attitudes towards women in the company where I work are anything but progressive. other than4 Rewrite the sentences using other than .1 The only thing we do when the three of us meet is gossip.When the three of us meet we do nothing other than gossip.2 Men have no real alternative unless it is to wear a suit.Men have no real alternative other than to wear a suit.3 The only thing I wish to add is to say how much I have enjoyed the whole day.I have nothing to add other than to say how much I have enjoyed the whole day.4 They told her she didn‘t have to do anything except sit quietly and look pretty.They told her she had nothing to do other than to sit quietly and look pretty.5 The only reason I have for being here is the free lunch.I have no reason to be here other than the free lunch.Collocations5 Match the adjectives in Column A with the nouns in Column B.A Bbright coloursconservative tastescorrect tonepopular belief heavy make-uphighbrow subjectface value6 Complete the sentences with the collocations in Activity 5.1 Both of us have rather conservative tastes, so we‘re unlikely to buy modern furniture.2 I‘m afraid these bonds are worth a lot less than their face value.3 It‘s not easy to find the correct tone in which to speak to new customers.4 I like we I think they reflect my outgoing personality.5 Yesterday‘s lecture was on such a highbrow subject that I couldn‘t get interested.6 Why do they put such heavy make-up on people in television studios?7 The popular belief that men don‘t cry is nonsense.7 Translate the paragraphs into Chinese.Women can‘t even fill out a form without telling stories about themselves. Most applicationforms now give four choices for titles. Men have one to choose C DMr.‖ C so their choice carries no meaning other than to say they are male. But women must choose among three, each of them marked.A woman who checks the box for DMrs.‖ or DMiss‖ communicates not only whether she has been married but also that she has conservative tastes in forms of address, and probably other conservative values as well. Checking DMs.‖ declines to let on about marriage (whereas DMr.‖ declines nothingsince nothing was asked), but it also marks the woman who checks it on her form as either liberated or rebellious, depending on the attitudes and assumptions of the one making the judgment. I sometimes try to duck these variously marked choices by giving my title as DDr.‖ C and thereby risk marking myself as either uppity (hence sarcastic responses like DExcuse me!‖) or an over-achiever (hencereactions of congratulatory surprise, like DGood for you!‖). (? 翻译时注意原文的语气,否则就可能不 准确。第二段是一个长句,翻译时应注意按中文习惯断句。)女人一填表就会暴露自己的个人经历。现在大多数的申请表会给出四种称谓选择,男人只有一种选择,即D先生‖,他们的选择除了表明他们是男性之外没有其他含义。但女人要从三种称谓中选一个,其中的任何一种都是带标记的。如果勾选D太太‖(Mrs.)或者D小姐‖(Miss)的方框,她不仅暴露了自己的婚姻状况,而且表明她在称谓上很保守,而且在价值观方面可能也很保守。如果选D女士‖(Ms.),说明她拒绝透露自己的婚姻状况(而男人选D先生‖时则没有拒绝透露任何事情,因为他本来就没有被要求透露婚姻信息)。另外,在表格中勾选D女士‖的人会被标记为D平权者‖或D叛逆者‖,这就要看评判她的人持什么样的态度和看法了。我有时填上D博士‖头衔,以避开这几种带标记的称谓选项。这么做又会给自己带来风险,标明自己要么骄傲自大(于是乎招来讥讽的反应,比如D拜托!‖),要么是一个读书读过头的人(那么对方的反应就是祝贺式的惊奇,比如D真行!‖)。8 Translate the paragraphs into English.我们对理想丈夫或理想妻子的假设显示出我们的性别期待以及我们对性别期待的反应。如果大多数年轻姑娘希望她们的未婚夫强悍、能干、可靠,那么小伙子们也就别无选择,只能把自己训练得强悍、能干、可靠,这样才能赢得女孩子的芳心。如果他们的做法与性别期待背道而驰,那么他们很可能会在悲叹自己的光棍生涯中度过下半辈子。根据同样的不成文法则,如果多数年轻男子希望他们的未婚妻温柔体贴、耐心、忠贞,认为这些比什么都重要,那么姑娘即便不是这种人,也会假装自己将来会成为贤妻良母。深入研究一下这种性别期待,我们就会发现这是受生理和社会因素制约的。无疑,女性为孕育婴儿做好了生理准备,而男人则完全不适合这项工作。男人只有努力挣钱养家,才能让一家人过上好日子。( goes without saying)Our presumptions about what ideal husbands or wives are like reveal a lot about our gender expectations as well as our responses to them. If most girls want their fiancés to be tough, capable and reliable, there is no more option left for young men other than to be trained as tough, capable and reliable if they want to win girls‘ heart. If they act to the contrary, they will most probably bemoan their bachelor‘s status for the rest of their lives. Following the same unwritten rule, if most boys expect their fiancées to be caring, patient and faithful more than anything else, girls are prone to let on that they will become faithful wives and loving mothers even if they are not the type.Looking into such gender expectations, we may find that they are based on both physiological and social factors. It goes without saying that women are physically prepared to bear children, whereas men are utterly unfit for the job. Therefore, a family is better-off when its male members devote their time to providing food and other necessities for it. Translation of the passagesActive reading (1)英国人说闲话规则的性别差异与普遍的看法相反,研究人员发现:男人和女人一样爱说闲话。英国的一项研究发现:两个性别的人对诸如人际关系这类的社会话题所花的时间一样多,大约是65%;另一项研究则表明:两性差异很小,男人谈话时有55% 的时间在说闲话,女人说闲话的时间是67%。由于体育和休闲大约占10% 的说话时间,所以很可能是谈论足球的时间导致了这种性别的差异。男人谈论政治、职业、艺术及文化事务等D重要‖或D高雅‖话题的可能性并不比女人高,除非女人在场(这就形成了强烈的对比)。女人不在场的时候,男人也说闲话,他们谈论职业和政治等社会问题的时间不会超过5%。男女都在场时,为了引起女人的注意,男人谈论D高雅‖话题的时间会大大增加,达到15% 至20%。事实上,最近的研究表明,男性和女性说闲话在内容上只存在一个重要的差别:男人会花更多的时间谈论自己。在谈论社会关系的总时间中,男人用了三分之二的时间来谈论自己的关系,而女人谈论自己的时间则只占三分之一。即便如此,那个关于男人讨论D解决世界上问题‖而女人只是躲在厨房里闲言碎语的神话仍然大行其道,尤其是在男人堆里。在我所调查的人群及面谈中,大多数英国男性刚开始时都声称他们不说闲话,而大多数女性都坦承自己说闲话。在接下来的提问中,我发现两者的差别只在于语义层面而非实践层面:女性通常称为D说闲话‖的活动在男性那里被定义为D信息交流‖。显然,在英国男性眼里说闲话是一件可耻的事情,这条不成文的规则已经深入人心,因此就算一个人真的在说闲话,他也会把它说成是另一回事。更重要的是,它必须听起来像是在说别的事。在研究中我发现男女说闲话的主要区别在于女人说闲话听起来更像闲言碎语。这涉及到三个主要因素――音调规则、细节规则和反馈规则。语调规则我面谈过的英国女人都认为只有某种特别的语调适合于说闲话。说闲话的语调有时很高、语速很快,有时像在舞台上演戏一样轻轻说,但总是活灵活现的。一位妇女这样解释:D闲话总是以语速快、调门高、口气激动的话语开始的:?哎,你猜猜怎么着?你知道吗?‘或者,?嗨,听我说,听我说(语速快、急切,像舞台上清晰的低语),你猜我听到了什么?‘‖另一位女士告诉我:D即使实际上并不是那么回事儿,你必须让它听起来像令人吃惊的事或者像丑闻。虽然那根本算不上什么秘密,你可以说:?哎,你可别告诉别人,我听说……‘‖这些妇女中有许多人抱怨男人在说闲话时没有使用正确的语调。像交流任何其他信息一样,他们总是用平缓、冷静的语调说闲话。一位妇女对此嗤之以鼻:D你简直搞不清他们是不是在说闲话。‖但这正是男人要的效果。细节规则女人强调说闲话时细节的重要性,她们悲叹男人在这方面的缺陷,声称男人D从不了解细节。‖一位被调查者告诉我:D男人从不引述别人的话。如果我们不能确切地知道别人说了什么,那有什么意思呢?‖另一位被调查者说:D女人比男人更倾向于推测……她们谈及某某为什么会做某事,并追溯整个事情的历史。‖对女人而言,详细推测动机和原因与详细推测可能的后果一样是闲话的关键因素,它要求对D过去的历史‖进行详尽的梳理。英国男人认为:所有这些细节都很乏味、无关紧要,当然,讲出来也就有伤男子气概。反馈规则在英国妇女中存在一种共识:好的D闲话‖除了语调生动、关注细节之外,还要有好的听众。所谓好的听众是指欣赏闲话并给予大量恰当的反馈的听众。女性的闲话反馈规则要求听众至少应该和说话者一样生动活泼、充满热情。她们的道理好像是:这样才足够礼貌,因为说话人要把事情讲得出人意外,讲得像丑闻,还是颇费心力的。因此听众至少要表现出适度的吃惊才能回报说话人的努力。据我的女性被调查者说,英国男人好像完全没有掌握这条规则。他们不知道D你应该说?不会吧!真的吗?‘及?噢,我的上帝!‘‖不过,我的女性被调查者也同意,那些以女性方式做出反应的男人听起来像小女孩,或者被认为女里女气,让人感觉不舒服。我面谈过的一位男同性恋也觉得D不会吧!真的吗?‖这类反应会被认为是十足的D娘娘腔‖。英国闲话礼仪的不成文规则的确允许男人在听到特别有趣的闲话时感到震惊或吃惊,但大家都明白:一句恰到好处的脏话也能表达同样的诧异,这种方式更能被男人接受。Active reading (2)带标记的职业女性D带标记的‖这个术语是语言学理论的一个主要概念,它是指文字通过添加一个成分来强调词的基本含义的一种方式,这种语言学上小小的添加成分并没有独立的语义。以D不带标记‖形式出现的词,它的语义是不言自明的,就是在你没有想到任何特殊事情时所想到的语义。英语D不带标记‖的动词时态是现在时,如visit。要表达过去的动作和行为,你必须在动词后面加上ed,这样就可以生成visit 这个词的过去式visited;要表达将来的动作和行为,你要加一个词:will visit。 名词的原形是单数的,带上标记则变成复数名词。为了表达D多于一个‖的概念,我们必定要加点什么,通常是s 或es,visit(一次访问)的复数形式变成了visits(多次访问),一道菜(dish)加上复数标记就变成了dishes。大多数英语词的D不带标记‖形式所表达的是D男性‖的意思,男性代表不带标记的情形。英语有些后缀,如ess 和ette,是用来标示女性的。令人遗憾的是,被标示成女性的词往往会让人联想到D无足轻重‖。你如果把自己的生命交到一位doctorette(女见习医生)的手上会有安全感吗?这就是为什么许多碰巧是女性的诗人和演员反对被称为poetess(女诗人) 和 actress(女演员)。一位被提名奥斯卡最佳女配角奖的演员阿尔弗雷? 沃达德认为自己是一位actor( 演员),因为actress(女演员)太关注自己的眼睫毛和身上的赘肉了,而作为actors 的女人则只关注自己所扮演的角色。任何带标记的形式都很容易产生超出该标记含义的额外含义。性别标记所表达的额外含义反映了对女性的传统联想:即不太严肃,而且通常与性有关。我能够分辨出参加会议的妇女的着装风格和类型,因为我们中的每个人都要选择发型、衣包含各类专业文献、外语学习资料、幼儿教育、小学教育、行业资料、各类资格考试、30新标准大学英语综合教程4(unit1-6)课后答案及课文翻译等内容。 
  新标准大学英语综合教程4(unit1-6)课后答案及课文翻译_英语考试_外语学习_教育专区。今日推荐 180份文档 2014证券从业资格考试 2014证券资格证券交易高分突破试卷及...   新标准大学英语综合教程4(unit1-6完整版)课后答案及课文翻译_英语考试_外语学习_教育专区。综合 4unit1-6 答案 Unit 1 Active reading (1) Looking for a ...   新标准大学英语综合教程4课后翻译及课文翻译_英语学习_外语学习_教育专区。外语下载中心
Unit 1 1. If you ask me, real life is...   新标准大学英语综合教程4课文翻译1-10单元(+课后翻译)_英语学习_外语学习_教育专区。Unit 1 Active reading (1) 大学毕业找工作的第一要义:别躺在沙发上做梦 ...   新标准大学英语综合教程4课后翻译答案_英语学习_外语学习_教育专区。Unit 3时装...Unit6 1 人们很不理解为什么他一份工作干了30年,大多数人到了他这个年纪至少...   新标准大学英语综合教程... 73页 1下载券 全新版大学英语第二版综... 32...Unit 4 谈及目前经济萧条所带来的影响,学生活动的减少就是一个很好的例证。为了...   新标准大学英语综合教程4课后翻译unit1-8_英语学习_外语学习_教育专区。第四册 Unit 1 1.If you ask me, real life is not all it's cracked up to be...   全新版大学英语大一综合教程1课文翻译Unit 1-6及课后练习翻译题答案_英语学习_外语学习_教育专区。中国美术学院Unit 1 The idea of becoming a writer had come...   新标准大学英语综合教程2 1-10 课后翻译、答案及课文翻译_英语学习_外语学习_教育专区。Unit1 Complete the sentences with the words in brackets and the ...}

我要回帖

更多关于 difference 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信