2011年职高高考英语试卷2011中考完形填空Life...

您的位置:&>&&>&
2011年高考英语综合能力测试题(一)
来自: 09:39:47
发布者:wym5688同步练习,综合测试,高三][标签:
) ahead on the path. I changed my direction to go around it on the part of the path that wasn&t covered by water and . When I reached the puddle, I was suddenly attacked! Yet I was shocked as well as unhurt, despite having been struck four or five times. I ___2___ a foot and my attacker stopped attacking me. Instead of attacking more, he hovered () in the air in front of me. It was ___3___, and I was laughing. After all, I was being attacked by a butterfly!
Having stopped laughing, I ___4___ a step forward. My attacker ___5___ me again. He attacked me in the chest with his head and body, striking me over and over again with all his ___6___. For a second time, I retreated a step while my attacker stopped his attack. Yet again, I tried moving forward. My attacker charged at me again. I stepped back several paces to look the ___7___ over. My attacker moved back as well to land on the ground. That&s when I ___8___ why my attacker was charging at me only moments earlier. He had a mate and she was ___9___. She was beside the puddle where he landed.
___10___ close beside her, he opened and closed his wings as if to fan her. I could only ___11___ the love and courage of that butterfly in his concern for his mate. He had taken it upon himself to attack me for his mate&s sake, even though she was clearly dying and I was so ___12___. Now I knew what he was fighting for. There was only one choice left for me. I ___13___ made my way around the ___14___ to the other side of the path, though it was only inches wide and extremely muddy.
Since then, I&ve always tried to remember the courage of that butterfly whenever I see huge obstacles (). I use that butterfly&s courage as an inspiration and to ___15___ myself that good things are worth fighting for.
1. A. grass&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. mud &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. stones&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. butterflies
2. A. took up&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. brought up&&&&&&& C. made up&&&&&&&&&&& D. backed up
3. A. lucky&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. safe&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. funny &&&&&&&&&&&&& D. brave
4. A. marched&&&&&&& &&&&&& B. dragged &&&&&&&&&& C. ran&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. took
5. A. dived&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. rushed &&&&&&&&&&&& C. pushed&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. blew
6. A. might &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. energy&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. power&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. right
7. A. position&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. situation &&&&&&&&& C. matter&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. incident
8. A. discovered &&&&&&&&& B. recovered &&&&&&& C. received&&&&&&&&&&& D. disclosed
9. A. dying &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. lovely&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. weak&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. interesting
10. A. Flying&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Lying &&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Sitting &&&&&&&&&&&& D. Placing
11. A. realize &&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. show&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. admire &&&&&&&&&&& D. enjoy
12. A. nervous&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. large &&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. gentle&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. glad
13. A. quickly&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. eventually&&&&&&&& C. pitifully&&&&&&&&&&& D. carefully
14. A. puddle &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. mate&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. courage&&&&&&&&&&&& D. snake
15. A. inform&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. remind &&&&&&&&&&& C. warn&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. persuade
(English as a Second Language) classes at local schools while others practice with
conversational partner. However, for those who are in situations ___17___ these two options are not available, studying
online might be the next alternative.
During the past decade,
have sprung up on the Internet, ___18___ (provide) ESL activities to help people practice the major language skills ___19___ grammar, reading, and vocabulary. Perhaps the ___20___ (great) interests for students are websites that focus on listening and speaking skills. In the past, listening to audio online was a very slow process, but since high-speed connections appeared, things ___21___ (change) greatly. A simple Internet search using the term &ESL& will bring up thousands of relevant websites out there, but not all the sites are the same. ___22___ you want to find out a site that is suitable for you, you should look among those that combine good contents with a user-friendly interface and style.
___23___ (final), no matter which site you end up visiting, you should set some goals ___24___ your study. They might include even how many minutes you want to read aloud from a newspaper in English.
Many people tend to complain about not having good friends in their lives. Saddened, they seem to think that their own company is not enough to make them happy. Nothing could be further from the truth though. In order to get along with others, the first thing you need to do is learn to get along with yourself. Only in this way will you succeed in developing healthy, solid relationships with others.
Listen to your inner voice. Remember that inner voice that keeps whispering to you what you really want and need as well as what you do not really want and need. It is about time you start listening to it. In order to get to know yourself in depth, it is important to learn and accept what you want and what you do not want.
Learn to enjoy your own company. You will be surprised to find out how many things you can do by yourself and actually have fun in the process. Reading romantic novels, poetry or science fiction is only a few of the things that you can do by yourself, that not only can offer you hours of enjoyment, but also the chance to get to know yourself better.
Satisfy yourself. Pay special attention to your personal hygiene (). Do your hair and nails often and experiment with new styles. Follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly to stay in good shape. No matter how busy your daily schedule is, always find at least an hour per day for yourself, when you can either relax doing absolutely nothing, or doing something that you enjoy.
Learn to respect your own boundaries. Find out what your boundaries are and learn to respect them. You are the only one who knows what you can and wh no one else can point that out to you, or force you to compromise.
26. If you want to have a good relationship with others, you should first ________.
A. get into the habit of living alone
B. make many friends in society
C. always tell the truth
D. learn to be your own best friend
27. What is the purpose of listening to your inner voice?
A. To keep a good state of mind.
B. To know more about yourself.
C. To enjoy the time by yourself.
D. To form a relationship with others.
28. The author encourages us to spare an hour every day to ________.
A. share happiness with others& &&&&&&&&&& B. experiment with new styles
C. gain some additional knowledge&&&&&&& D. keep ourselves company
29. According to the author, no matter what we do in our life, we must learn to ________.
A. communicate with our friends&&&&&&&&&& B. find a nice compromise
C. combine fun with life&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. keep our bottom lines
30. What is the structure of the passage?
A.&&& ①&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. &&&&&&①
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& & &
C.&& &&①&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. ①
& &&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
super powers: jump six feet in the air and run at 25 miles an hour or more. But, instead of costing six million dollars, you can get a pair of &powerbocks& for just a couple of hundred.
Mankind seems to have a strong desire to get off the ground. In the late 1890&s stilt walking (踩高跷) attracted Europe, with Sylvain Dornon walking from Paris to Moscow on stilts in 58 days.
The inventor of the Powerbock, German engineer Alexander Boeck, studied the movements of kangaroos in order to develop his original design. And the Powerbock allows humans to extend their own Achilles tendon (跟腱) to come close to the length and power of those in animals like kangaroos. As a result, exercising using the stilts reduces wear and tear on feet and knees while still giving the body enough exercise.
Powerbocking is considered as a form of exercise. You&ll burn calories five times faster than jogging and it employs 95% of the body&s muscles. It&s also an extraordinarily easy form of extreme sport to take up & it only takes about 30 minutes to master the basics.
For a start, you&ll instantly add 18 inches to your height. And then you&ll be capable of the most extraordinary skills of athleticism. Flipping (翻) backwards 20 times in 20 seconds to set a Guinness World Record, for example, or leaping over cars. Acquiring them is an awful lot of fun. It&s not surprising that Powerbocking has been turning up everywhere & on talent shows, commercials and even as part of the closing ceremony at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.
But, be warned & if you&re interested in taking up this sport, you need to know that no one can agree what it should be called. The equipment is sometimes referred to as power stilts, jumping stilts, kangaroo boots and many more. But there seems to be general agreement that the sport ought to be named &Powerbocking& in honor of its inventor, Herr Boeck.
31. What do we know about Powerbocking from the passage?
& &A. It is difficult to learn. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. It doesn&t cost much money.
&& C. It is a kind of ordinary sport.&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D. It was invented in the late 1890&s.
32. What can we infer from the passage?
A. Powerbocking can help people lose weight.
B. Power stilts and kangaroo boots are two different things.
C. Alexander Boeck is good at stilt walking.
D. The invention of the Powerbock was inspired by stilt walking.
33. What does the underlined word &them& in Paragraph 5 refer to?
A. Leapt-over cars.&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B. Talent shows and commercials.
C. Guinness World Records.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Extraordinary skills of athleticism.
34. People think the sport should be called &Powerbocking& because ________.
&& A. it should have a regular name& &&&&&&& B. they want to honor its inventor
&& C. the name has a long history && &&&&&&&& D. the name sounds most interesting
35. What is this passage mainly about?
&& A. The way to learn Powerbocking.
&& B. The advantages of doing exercise.
& &C. An introduction to Powerbocking.
&& D. The history of Powerbocking.
Do you ever hear yourself think, &It doesn&t matter&? I have come to understand that I think this way. It may be because I think I should do something, and I can also accept that it is unimportant. Sometimes I see negative things going on around me and think it doesn&t matter. As I started working on changing this in myself, I came up with something that really works for me.
Not everything can intensely matter to us, or we will drive ourselves mad with concern and worry. However, because procrastination () causes so many troubles in our lives, we can benefit from one simple question.
When I think I should do something that perhaps I don&t really feel like doing, I may think it doesn&t matter right now. Say, for example, that you think that you need to have your roof repaired. Then you think I should call someone and have it fixed. There may be many reasons or excuses and mixed emotions behind the thought. Whatever you feel, you can convince yourself or accept that it doesn&t matter. Ask yourself this question, &When will it matter?& After you answer this question, you may become motivated () to take the necessary steps. By asking and answering, this question can actually make you least resistant to accomplish what you want.
I think that everyt some things just matter less than other things. Saying &It doesn&t matter& or &I don&t care& is a lie. If something is bothering you, it is because it matters to you. Therefore, the next time you think something doesn&t matter, try the follow-up question. Perhaps the thing matters to you because you can see the consequence of ignoring it. Maybe by using the follow-up question you will see that it &matters& to you now, and avoiding the issue is unlikely to make it matter less.
Taking action toward what matters to you is what makes the difference in your life. You have your reasons for saying &It doesn&t matter& and asking when it will matter can help. I hope this suggestion will help you as much as it has helped me.
36. What&s the purpose of this passage?
A. To ask readers an important question.
B. To analyze what is important in life.
C. To show how to ask a good question.
D. To share tips on overcoming procrastination.
37. According to the passage, once in a while the author ________.
A. ignores the importance of dealing with unpleasant things
B. becomes crazy when facing difficulties
C. believes everything matters to him
D. tries to make no mistakes
38. The example mentioned in Paragraph 3 is to ________.
A. stress that people should have their roof repaired timely
B. prove that the author isn&t good at organizing things
C. explain how negative feelings influence people&s attitude
D. remind readers to break the habit of making excuses
39. According to the passage, the follow-up question can ________.
A. make people become more curious
B. help people take things more seriously
C. lead to people&s being honest
D. offer more advice to people
40. Which of the following does the author agree with?
A. Things that matter should be done sooner rather than later.
B. Never say &It doesn&t matter& when you face anything.
C. By asking when it will matter, you can always be successful.
D. Challenge yourself as much as possible in your life.
Creativity is the ability to create inventions, solve problems or create a work of art using an unusual or innovative () approach. Creativity is also a skill in high demand in business and in many other forms of employment. All progress is the result of some sort of creative act. Thus someone who can produce such acts on a consistent basis is a valuable addition to any undertaking.
Research has shown that too much passive media consumption at a young age prevents the development of creativity. You might think that creativity is a result of high intelligence, but that is not the case. Sure, it does not hurt to be smart, but you can be a smart robot without being able to imagine new ways of doing things. On the other hand it&s common knowledge that traveling increases your ability to think &outside the box&, because you experience a lot of new things and different ways of doing things when you witness how people from other cultures live.
So what is the difference between surfing the web and watching TV and traveling? Watching TV is very passive and your brain simply discards most of it. And it is as if it has become cluttered () with useless information that it cannot really process.
When you are doing things actively, by being there, by having a heightened sense of alert, very positive things happen. For example, remember your last trip. Let&s say you&ve been to Tokyo. For most non-Japanese the experience of being in the city is very impressive. Everything is huge. There are lots of people and technology is everywhere. Because the city is new for you, your brain switches in &possibly dangerous& mode. You notice much more, even tiny details.
Now that your mind is open it also stores the information better, because of your aroused state. All your input is stored with stronger emotions and is thus easier to recall later. That&s why you should travel or simply go to new places in your town. Actively observe how you feel and then try to reproduce the feeling at a familiar place. This way you will learn to see things with the eyes of a traveler.
41. What do we know from Paragraph 1?
A. Creativity is an important characteristic for business people.
B. Creativity is used just to create inventions or solve problems.
C. A creative personality is only useful in art.
D. Creativity isn&t necessarily important for all people.
42. What can be inferred about creativity from the passage?
& A. It belongs to people with great intelligence.
& B. Experiencing new things is helpful for you to develop it.
& C. It means people know about others who live in different cultures.
& D. It is like a clever robot that can do many things.
43. Which of the following words in the passage has the opposite meaning to the underlined word &discards& in Paragraph 3?
A. Prevents.&&&& &&&&&& B. Increases.&&&&&&&&& C. Switches.&&&&&&&&& D. Stores.
44. An example of a trip to Tokyo is given in Paragraph 4 to show that ________.
A. the Japanese are one of the intelligent peoples
B. traveling is positive but sometimes dangerous
C. positive things happen while people are traveling abroad
D. most non-Japanese are curious about Tokyo
45. Which of the following statements does the author agree with?
A. Traveling abroad is the only way to enrich people&s knowledge.
B. Traveling is likely to arouse people&s creativity.
C. Surfing the web is good for developing creativity.
D. Watching TV is an active way of gaining information.
47.Even though you&ve bought your child a mobile phone, that doesn&t mean you have to give up control on how the phone may be used. First of all, set up the phone so it can only call certain numbers, such as parents. Second, restrict the time of day during which calls or text messages can be made. Third, tie cellphone use to expectations such as good grades or chores completed. And last, if your child gets in trouble for cellphone use in class, back up the school&s punishment by taking away the phone at home, too.
48. To solve this problem, perhaps it is a good way to enroll kids in some programs to help them learn something outside school. For example, you can choose a good after-school program for them, which can offer children the chance to have fun. The best programs offer a set of activities for your child, including developing his or her self-worth and self-care skills and promoting respect for cultural diversity. It will be much better for him or her than to stay at home alone.
49. Encourage your teen to get involved in adult-supervised after-school activities. Get to know your teen&s friends and their parents. Set appointments for yourself to call them to make sure they share your views on alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
50. This problem will absolutely affect children&s performance in school. Therefore, you&d better take measures to solve it. First of all, prepare a comfortable bed for your kid, which should not be too hard or too soft. Second, ask your kid to drink a glass of milk half an hour before he or she goes to bed. Then, play some soft music for your kid after he or she has gone to bed to help them have a calming sleep. In addition, if you find your kid has any emotional problem, you&d better help him or her deal with it before he or she goes to bed.
Your daughter calls to let you know she won&t be home for dinner. Your husband has been getting home late, and your son likes to eat early. Sound familiar? While life may make it nearly impossible to sit down to a nice family dinner every night, it&s worth trying to get all the family members together for a meal as often as possible. Research shows the old-fashioned tradition is good for your family&s health. The more dinners that are eaten at home, the healthier the family will be.
One study from Harvard University in Boston found that children who ate at home most often consumed about 50 percent more fruit and vegetables, and less fried food and soda than those who ate at home less frequently. As a result, they had a lower intake of fats, and a higher intake of fiber, vitamins and minerals. Although more than half of the 9-year-olds surveyed ate family dinner daily, the rate dipped to only about a third for 14-year-olds.
More fiber and less fat aren&t the only benefits. Home-cooked meals can also boost brain power. Children who frequently eat dinner with their parents get more A&s and B&s in school than children who have just two or three family dinners weekly, according to research from Columbia University in New York. This together-time can also keep your kids out of trouble: Some research indicates that teens who eat family meals are less likely to smoke, feel depressed or abuse alcohol and drugs.
1-5 BDCDB&& &&&& 6-10 ABAAC&& 11-15 CBDAB
16-25 (One possible version)
16. a&&& &&&&&&&&&&& 17. where&& & 18. providing&&& & 19. like&&&& & 20. greatest
21. have changed& 22. If&&&&&&& 23. Finally&&&& && 24. for&& &&&&& 25. and
26-30 DBDDA& && 31-35 BADBC& 36-40 DACBA& 41-45 ABDCB&
46-50 EFBCA
(One possible version)
Last Friday, we had a math competition in our school. Because the questions were not very difficult for me, I did them so quickly that I finished the six-page papers half an hour before the end of the exam. However, when I checked my answers, I suddenly found that on the back of one of the sheets there were five questions I hadn&t seen. So I tried my best to work them out in the last 10 minutes, but I still failed this competition at last. From this experience, I learned that carefulness is more important than quickness.
(One possible version)
Referring to the reasons why people now seldom eat at home, I think the first one is a lack of time. Due to the rapid pace of modern life, people are busy all day long, so they don&t have much time to cook. Apart from that, people don&t eat at home also because they are not good at cooking. In China, most young adults were not required to learn to cook when they were children because of their parents& indulgence. As a result, nowadays, they still cannot cook.
As for me, most of the time I have meals at school because I am studying in a boarding school. But I strongly recommend people to eat at home. First of all, it is a cheaper option. Also, it will be a relaxing time without any stress when family members eat together at home.
1. BI saw a water puddle ahead on the path
2. Dmy attacker stopped attacking me
3. CI was laughing. After all, I was being attacked by a butterfly!
4. Dtook a step forward
8. AHe had a mate and she was ... She was beside the puddle where he landed.
9. Aeven though she was clearly dying
10. CMy attacker moved back as well to land on the ground
的学生来说,想要通过语言关,却没有条件在当地的培训学校上课或者和语伴练习的话,ESL。
16. apartnera
17. wherewheresituations
18. providingmany websitesprovidewebsites
19. likelike
20. greatestthegreat
21. have changedsince
23. Finallyfinalfinally()
24. forfor
25. andthe number of vocabulary you want to learn, specific grammar structures you want to reviewhow many minutes you want to read aloud from a newspaper in Englishincludeand
26. D & the first thing you need to do is learn to get along with yourselfD
27. BRemember that inner voice & what you do not really want and needB
28. D & when you can either relax doing absolutely nothing, or doing something that you enjoyD
29. DFind out what your boundaries are and learn to respect themD
B篇:Powerbocking
31. B & you can get a pair of &powerbocks& for just a couple of hundredB
32. AYou&ll burn calories five times faster than jogging and it employs 95% of the body&s muscles可推断,答案为A。
33. Dan awful lot of funtheyextraordinary skills of athleticism,故答案为D
34. Bthe sport ought to be named &Powerbocking& in honor of its inventor, Herr Boeck可知,答案为B。
35. CPowerbockingC
36. DAs I started working on & that really works for meI hope this suggestion will help you as much as it has helped meD
37. ASometimes I see negative things going on around me and think it doesn&t matterA
38. CSay, for example, that & CC
39. BMaybe by using the follow-up question & is unlikely to make it matter lessB
40. ATaking action toward what matters to you is what makes the difference in your lifeA
41. ACreativity is also a skill in high demand in businessThus someone who & to any undertakingA
42. B & traveling increases your ability to think &outside the box&, because you experience a lot of new things & B
43. DWatching TV is very passive &
& it also stores the information better, because of your aroused statediscardstoreD
44. C & very positive things happen. For example, remember your last tripC
45. BNow that your mind & because of your aroused stateThat&s why you should travel or simply go to new places in your townB}

我要回帖

更多关于 初中英语完形填空 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信