of one owngot own story i...

UFC Fills in the Boxing Blanks
Where is Don King and how has he let the Ultimate Fighting Championships mixed martial arts replace boxing as America’s blood sport?
Say what you want about Don King but he is the best promoter in the world. No one hyped a fight better. Ever. Without Don King pitting his best fighter against Bob Arum’s best fighter, the boxing game has lost its appeal.
A dearth of boxing talent allowed the UFC to pull boxing from the hands of fight fans and stealthily replace it with incredible mixed martial arts athletes.
The UFC, a less expensive sport to attend offers and opens up with a range of fighting styles converging on the ring: Karate, Judo, Brazilian Jui Jitsu, wrestling, kickboxing, Muay Thai — the mixed martial arts. MMAs are exciting and hardcore gladiator sports.
How the UFC Slipped into the U.S.
The UFC has been active in the U.S. in the 1990s. I’d heard of the no rules rings that were setup in other countries with near fight-to-the-death outcomes.
In actuality, there are hundreds of years of skill behind the MMAs. It was only a matter of time that the exposure in the U.S. would allow it to move out in front of boxing.
The number of MMA fighters who could take down an opponent using multiple physical capabilities is higher than the number of boxing fighters who can take a punch, put together combinations, and drop someone in 12 rounds.
The MMAs were foreign sports and fighters were from other countries but the fights were compelling. But as the fight game changed there were hundreds of athletes from across the U.S. entering the sport after UFC 1 was held in U.S. in 1993.
UFC 1 had no rules which made the sport hard to sanction in the rule-savvy and lawsuit-prone U.S. Biting, groin kicks, eye gouging, hair pulling, head butting were allowed. Yes. Anything goes, no rules ring fighting.
The first time I watched a UFC fight was 1997 and the news was that the fight had to be moved from New York which was one of 36 states to ban UFC fights. It was allowed to take place in Dothan, Alabama.
I was a boxing writer and had fight parties for the pay-per-view events that I didn’t attend in person. I invited other sports writers to watch UFC 12, but they declined because it was too barbaric. I invited friends from work and we watched the intense competition and couldn’t turn from the tactical aspects of the sport.
I had seen video of wrestler Lee Kemp, a former Olympian who attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison. But I’d never seen the level of Jiu Jitsu wrestling I saw in that UFC ring. Fighters would tap out, or get choked out, or were defeated by submission that could include a bone-breaking hold or move.
UFC introduced the U.S. to the famous Brazilian Jiu Jitsu family the Gracies whose fame brought the sport to a popularity that continued to rise. Eventually, the mainstream sports public were enticed with more news that came from lawmakers who had banned Tough Man contests.
Politicians were recoiling in fear over what was taking place inside UFC rings. For financial reasons the force to change to the rules took hold.
To increase its viability in sports venues in Vegas, New York, New Jersey, and the other 33 there were rules added to the no-holds barred action held in an octagon. Tap outs, submission by choking (choke out), knockouts were allowed. Gloves became mandatory, there’s no biting, scratching, hair pulling, groin hits.
Like it or hate it, UFC is still on the edge of controlled chaos where it will remain embedded in the U.S. as a new and popular sport. Fans are filling theaters, bars, pay-per-view events, and arenas to watch the gladiators fight it out.
Jones vs. Cormier: UFC 182
The Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier fight was one of the most hyped UFC bout. The drama caused at last August’s press conference between Jones and Cormier stirred the promotional pot when the two went head to head and Cormier pushed Jones in the chest.
The bad blood continued online and through the blogs and the fight was dubbed Jones vs. Cormier: “The Time is Now for Bitter Rivals.” Not a great name but when you consider the number of UFC Championships out there, expect a few corny titles. But the name was spot on because Jones really did have beef with Cormier.
Two Reasons Boxing Lost its U.S. Shine
Boxing lost its shine in the U.S. because one of the best heavyweight fighters, Klitschko, who owns the WBA, IBF,
WBO and IBO titles isn’t fighting exciting, U.S., or convincing opponents.
More importantly, Klitschko needs better promotion within the U.S. and with at least one U.S.-based fight to engage U.S. boxing fans. Klitschko fights in Germany, Russia and Switzerland. His last U.S. fight was in 2008.
Will fight fans see Klitschko vs. Don King’s WBC Heavyweight Champion Bermane Stiverne in 2015 and could Stiverne bring the titles back to North America? Possibly.
Will King Bring Boxing Back?
Standby. For those unaware, Don King may be able to bring some of boxing’s brilliance back to North America in 2015.
In May 2014, Don King promoted Canadian/Haitian fighter Bermane Stiverne who won the WBC Heavyweight title from Chris Arreola. Don King is promoting the fighter who holds the one title that heavyweight champ Wladimir Klitschko doesn’t have.
Seems like Klitschko and his promoters know the U.S. fight game which is King and Arum. A U.S. fighter can’t hold onto a title here unless promoted by one of the two powerhouses. King and Arum may have a monopoly on the fight game. But at least they had the best fights. If Klitschko wants the WBC he’ll have to go through Don King to get it.
Americans Just Like a Great Fight
Americans would support Ukrainian champion Klitschko, but he’d have to fight in the U.S. in Vegas, Atlantic City, New York. He would need a promoter to fill the air with fight hype to keep the excitement going.
Is Europe embracing Klitschko? Hard to say from this perspective. But this heavyweight gap leaves the U.S. with lighter weight fighters. Not that lighter weights are not great fighters, but there’s nothing like a heavyweight fight.
King can bring boxing back if his new heavyweight can get through a few challengers including a bout Jan. 17 vs. Deontay Wilder.
FYI: Wilder is a Tuscaloosa, Alabama, native and he’d be the first American heavyweight champ since Shannon Briggs in 2008. It’s boxing so anything can happen.
But the ultimate fighting challenge? Get Klitschko to agree to a bout. The WBC title would make him the unified champion, and knowing Don King, he’d get the purse. If it was the largest payday in history, Klitschko might go for it. But that’s a major question and highly improbable.
The winner of the fight would be indebted to the promoter. Klitschko isn’t likely to want to have to submit to King no matter what. He’s likely to go without the WBC belt.
The fight would need to be in the U.S. for the fans to embrace it and Stiverne would need to stay in Vegas and get out for fans to embrace him. But it could happen.
Right now, the fight game is so bad that Floyd Mayweather is being called the best pound-for-pound fighter. Mayweather has simply been well promoted in the U.S. He’s only the best KNOWN active fighter. There’s a slight list.
Julio Cesar Chavez held that title after amassing an incredible record for many years in a boxing world filled with fighters of his era. Today, if there were as many boxing promoters with power as in the past, there would be more options.
Fight fans know the difference and this is why they’ve turned to the additional level of excitement in the octagon-shaped UFC ring.
The UFC has filled in the boxing blanks for fans and instead of having every fight in Vegas, the UFC has toured the U.S. holding fights wherever there are fans to fill the arenas. UFC fights tour the nation and engage people in its live events by pulling them in close for a near as possible experience seated next to the cage fighting octagon.
And it’s working.
Mixed Martial Arts is in the U.S. and has officially replaced boxing as a power sport among fans. Its pay-per-view events and fan base have transformed and invited boxing fans in to create a next generation of fight fans. Fans who love MMA.
Will Jones Face Cormier Again?
Watching Cormier trying to take down Jones was like a badger trying to trip a giraffe.
Fans don’t want to see a rematch with DC–not really, because the next time, Jones will beat him again. Cormier who looks like a true 220-pound fighter, appeared weak and dehydrated at the bell. Cormier was physically exhausted by the third round.
Instead, Jones will probably fight like-sized Alexander Gustafsson. Jones already beat Alexander Gustafsson in UFC 165 in September 2013. And Jones said that Gustafsson was his toughest fight.
Gustafsson, a Shootfighter/Boxer would be compelling vs. Jones a Wrestler/Boxer. And of course they’re already commenting on the Jones win in social media to start some fight hype.
Gustafsson’s scheduled to fight light heavy Anthony “Rumble” Johnson January 24 in Gustafsson’s Swedish hometown. The winner fights Jon Jones.
Johnson would be the more interesting Jones opponent. But it will be an unlikely that he can take Gustafsson. Johnson is ranked No. 3 behind No. 2 Gustafsson and No. 1 Jones in the Light Heavy division. But that’s how fights go. It’s usually a numbers game, but catch a guy on an off night and it’s all over.
More Myles Ahead?
Cowboy Cerrone was the best grappler of the night. But it was surprising that the UFC journeymen went a full three rounds without stopping relative neophyte Myles Jury. He was so frustrated that he ended the fight with a humbling and literal butt-kicking tirade that will probably turn into a gif on Vine.
Regardless, the inexperienced Jury held his own against Cerrone taking him down in the first 30 seconds of the fight. He had some strong MMA skills and survived 3 rounds with a superior UFC MMA veteran.
Rebekah Brown
Recent Posts
My Twitter FollowersFriends:
Followers:500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.
Please contact the server administrator at
webmaster@yupnet.org to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.帮忙把下列英文译成中文 ,homework assignmentwrite your own personal name story.your story should be hand written and at least half a page but no more than one page long.think about some of the following questions when writing your story:who gave you your name?why?what i_百度作业帮
帮忙把下列英文译成中文 ,homework assignmentwrite your own personal name story.your story should be hand written and at least half a page but no more than one page long.think about some of the following questions when writing your story:who gave you your name?why?what is the ethnic origin of your name?what are your nicknames,if any?what do you prefer to be called?are these any funny stories connected to your name?you may write about your given name,your english name,or both.as long as you consider it your name,it is an acceptable topic.we will share our name stories with each other in class on moyday.do not write anything that you are not willing to share with others.
家庭作业写下自己名字的故事.你的故事必须是手写的,至少是半页但不能超过一页.写故事的时候想想下面的问题谁取的名字?为什么取这个名字?名字的起源?你的昵称是什么?如果有的话你喜欢被叫做什么你的名字有没有什么有趣的故事你可以写你的中文名字,英文名,或两个都写.只要是你的名字,都可以接受.周一我们会在班上交流名字故事.不要写那些你不愿意分享的故事.
家庭作业写一篇有关你名字的故事。必须手写。至少半面,但不超过一面。写的时候可以想一下一下一些问题:谁给你起的名字?为什么?名字的起源是什么民族?如果有的话,小名叫什么?你想被人称为什么?有什么和你名字有关的有趣的故事吗?你可以写你的大名,英文名,或者两者都写,只要你认为是你的名字的都行。我们会在周一课上交流我们名字的故...
家庭作业写自己的个人名字的故事。你的故事应该是手写,至少半页,但不超过一页纸。考虑以下一些问题时,世界资源研究所山东省2013年17地市英语中考题及答案汇总_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
&&¥0.80
&&¥10.00
&&¥0.80
&&¥0.80
喜欢此文档的还喜欢
山东省2013年17地市英语中考题及答案汇总
山​东​省03​年7​地​市​英​语​中​考​题​及​答​案​汇​总
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
文档免下载券下载特权
全站付费文档8折起
千本精品电子书免费看
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢i got One Nerve Left blog
ONE NERVE LEFT
you're
created a great video that is perfect for the November anthem. Take a look below and then pop over to the The Monster and bookmark the site.
Send this to everyone you know.
One Nerve Left
12 August 2010
has a must read article over .
The title: Tea Party Patriots Vs. The Master Class
Still have that sinking feeling in your midsection every time you think about the District of Criminals, The Fed, Bernanke, etc.?
Are you still not sleeping well at night because you know something is “so wrong” but the scope of the problem is just getting larger each day?
Remember when we spoke about giving up every last penny of our wealth to get rid of the bloodsucking elites that are killing our childrens’ futures?
After reading this commentary, you will have the concise MATH, (there’s that word again), and course of the nation that
explains why you feel like a hamster on crack, and can’t sleep at night.
The numbers do not lie.
Take a little trip and visit the Monster. While you are there, drop a dollar in the piggy bank to show appreciation for all of the research that they do.
When you have finished the article that tells you just how much debt the Feds have really piled up, take a look at the research piece on the top menu titled “”
You need to know who is really running America and the world. I first read the article on the Pilgrim Society last year, when it came out in installments.
Bookmark the site because you are not likely to get through the entire piece in one sitting.
One Nerve Left
11 June 2010
has a post with an amusing twist on what we have witnessed over decades which is people wanting handouts. The Democrats are viewed as the people who provide the handouts. The Republicans are seen as the nasty, evil elite who want to take the free housing, free food, free childcare, free food for the children. Free food for kids in school, by the way, double dips into the free food program in that the parents already get free food from the Feds.
It is a duplicity in the program, costing billions. Food Stamps, now known as ‘Snap’ had a name change because “Food Stamps” carried a negative connotation.
Yeah, change the name, not the program, and sail right on though with making Americans dependent upon the Federal Government. I say rename ‘Snap/Food Stamps’ to “LOSER MOOCHER Program for Failed HUMANS”.
If you do not have a problem taking handouts forever, you should care less about what it is called.
There are certainly times when people need help. The community should step up and help its own. THAT is America.
As I have said, we do charity work in many forms all year long. You should also. It is the American way.
The Feds went so far as to initiated an outreach program , saying that this free food was there and they deserved to get the free food and that the Democrats are going to make sure they got what they are ‘entitled’ to.
you sign in on a computer, answer a few
questions and then they tell you if you qualify. It’s pretty simple.
Massachusetts has several state-wide nonprofits that get food stamps. The Web site details the
caveats associated with eligibility:
What does this mean when college kids are on Food Stamps, using you and me for their steak and burgers, instead of depending upon themselves to provide for their needs?
It means that we are incubating an entire generation of ‘ME’ people, give ME something, give ME food without ‘ME’ having to work to take care of myself.
Those same “ME” kids will breed and make more ‘ME’ kids.
See where we are going with this?
The social service programs run by the Feds are a multi-trillion dollar drain on America.
Would you not think that it would be better to raise children to be self-reliant or to think that the Feds will provide?
I am not bitter that at age 18 I left home.
I thought that that is what all kids who are 18 do.
I left home and had some sobering experience regarding money, housing and the purchase of ‘things’ over necessities.
Yeah, go me.
I survived and everyone else I know that left at age 18 survived also.
The Democrats are raising socially dependent children, raising YOUR children to be forever dependent upon the federal government for survival, for basic needs and developing a culture that will make them beholding to the Democrats for that handout.
Excuse me? We have wimps for parents when they harbor these adult children/moochers in their house for going on 30 plus years? The ‘kids’ never move out unless it is convenient, then we have the Feds telling college kids to get free food from the Feds, on your and my dime and now we have the Feds saying that these worthless spawns will get free health care until they are 26 (then they have to get off the parent’s health care
teat and get free health care from the Feds).
When you reach the age of 18 you are an adult and your one responsibility is to yourself and to GET OUT of Mom and Dad’s HOUSE. If you cannot spread your wings by 18 and fly alone, you are a failed human being. Deal with it.
For cripes sake, even beaver clans have something over these lazy children and over indulgent parents.
When a beaver kit or pup reaches the age of two, .
If it refuses to leave, the beaver parents kill it. (That is the part that the link left out).
Leave it to Beaver to get it right. “You are raised, now GIT!”
All parents must stop creating and contributing to the segment of society that feeds off the rest of us. Kick them out, let them learn to survive on their own and never encourage them to go ‘apply’ for some State or Federal handout. Teach them to stand on their own. By age eighteen, your adult children should get out.
If after 18 years of parenting, if your spawn cannot flap a wing and fly to their own nest, then you have FAILED as a parent unless you have a special needs child.
Everybody should heed the warning to not feed wildlife because they become dependent and cannot forage for themselves anymore. This is such a tragedy to see what they have done to our country’s beautiful animals! The photo below captures a disturbing trend that is beginning to affect US wildlife.
Animals that were formerly self-sufficient are now showing signs of belonging to the Democrat Party, as they have apparently learned to just sit and wait for the government to step in and provide for their care and sustenance. This photo is just one example of a Democrat bear in Montana who actually changed his name to honor his hero: Bearack Obearma
One Nerve Left
10 June 2010
Dear Fellow Tea Party Patriots,
There is much talk of the formation of a third political party based on the tea party movement.
Additionally, in several states, including Michigan, unscrupulous individuals have formed third parties utilizing the tea party name in an attempt to play dirty politics and trick unsuspecting voters into voting for candidates who are being put on the ballot simply to split the vote.
Tea Party Patriots is
issuing this statement in order to make it clear that we are not associated with
any attempts to form a third party.
Additionally, we believe that
such efforts, even those that might be well intentioned, are unproductive and unwise at this time.
The history of
third party movements in this country is one of division and defeat.
believe that it is instead time for all Americans to rise up and demand
appropriate reform within their own existing parties.
The mechanisms exist for
citizens to participate in their parties, and to drive their parties in the
right direction.
The Tea Party Patriots encourage all citizens to get involved in the party process, and to reshape their parties into something in which they may once again believe.
This country does not belong to any one party, nor does it belong to the career politicians. And it certainly doesn’t belong to people who would like to trick you into voting for “tea party” candidates so you will waste your vote.
This country belongs to the citizens.
Benjamin Franklin once said, “We have given you a republic madam, if you can
keep it.”
The founders knew that it would be our sacred obligation as
citizens to get involved, and to work hard to hold on to this great
We have much work to do, and future generations will look back in
We hope you will join us in preserving the republic.
You are the heart and soul of the Tea Party Movement. Thank you for promoting the
causes of fiscal responsibility, constitutionally limited government, and free markets with us!
Your Tea Party Patriots National Coordinator Team,
Debbie Dooley, Mike Gaske, , Mark Meckler, Sally Oljar, Diana Reimer, Rob Gaudet and Dawn Wildman
Jenny Beth Martin (, 770-878-1550)
Dawn Wildman ()
Mark Meckler ()
Tea Party Patriots, Inc. is a social welfare organization organized under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to Tea Party Patriots, Inc. are not deductible as charitable contributions for income tax purposes.
One Nerve Left
8 June 2010
I found the note shown below amusing. I am guessing that a Patriot has had enough of a neighborhood punk that is messing with people’s property. I wonder if the jerk who broke into the car has re-visited that house and read the note?
Dear Jackass, Stop Messing With our Stuff
The handwritten sign taped to the window reads:
Dear long bearded jackass that lives two houses away,
If you break into our cars again,
We will jack your ass up.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Smith
and Mrs. Wesson
One Nerve Left
3 June 2010
I do a lot of volunteer work throughout the year, every year, and some of that involves assisting troops. I ask that everyone do something, not just on the days designated to honoring our troops, I ask that you in some way&give back,& an hour or a dollar and help our troops and veterans throughout the year. Locate a charity that serves the military, find a military family in your area and see if they would like some help. Mow the lawn, clean their gutters, buy a week’s grocery and say , Thank You’.& I am especially fond of Therapeutic Horse Riding programs run by . Find a program in your area, donate your time and money and help them build a program , “
Do something.
Our troops and Vets are doing and have done something for you every single day of their service.
I say Thank You to you to all of the women and men who have served and are currently serving.& Thank you so very much.
One Nerve Left
31 May 2010
One Nerve Left
28 May 2010
(Hat Tip to )
Interesting, but not surprising to hear that . Anyone who took the time to sit down and talk with Rob would know that he is a person adamant about cleaning corruption from the political system across the board. That position in its own right would cause some GOP insiders to embark upon a smear campaign because they themselves benefit from the dark side of GOP politics.
The sad part of this is that Hammond and Northwest Indiana has been harmed when Kim Krull, head of the Lake County GOP, removed an honest and ethical representative due to backroom chatter and pressure from the guys who feel threatened by Rob. It is said that George Janiec had a hand in this and I would imagine that not only did George put the squeeze on Rob, but that other guys within the GOP did also. Rob threatens their dark-side stranglehold in Lake County. George is running for Hammond Mayor, Rob Pastore is running for Hammond Mayor.& George Janiec wants power and control and has and will run for any office where he can get his name on the ballot. George is a career politician in that he wants to hold office, any office, not for the benefit of the people, but for his own ladder climbing ambition. Rob Pastore ran for US Congressional District 1 and now for Hammond Mayor in hopes of bringing ethical and honest representation to and for the people. People such as Rob are not well liked by the old GOP guard in that he messes with their game simply by stating that he would root out corruption.
So what do they do?& They bend Kim Krull’s ear and fill it with stories. My guess, considering what she did to Rob, is that she believed those self serving politicians and for her own benefit, acted from pressure with the party higher-ups. She threw Rob under the bus.& My guess is that some politically powerful politicians downstate put the squeeze on Kim to ditch Rob, not because he was wrong, but because he was right.& I will give Kim Krull a little tip: I have heard the conversations from some of the same guys who were whispering in your ear. Those guys do not have your, the people’s or the GOP interests in mind. I am occasionally in the same place as those guys and have heard them trash you, rant on your decisions and I have witnessed them, in your presence, pretend to respect you and tell you ‘helpful’ not because what they say is true, but because they want to influence your decisions. They use you. You are basically the most powerful GOP person in Lake County and if they can gain your trust they can thereby influence what happens around here and in all of NWI.
Don’t ask me to name names, I don’t roll like that. I’ll have my conversations regarding this with those guys the next time I see them. My point of even bringing this up is because I hate to see people used.& I know that everyone needs to ask for counsel, bring in differing opinions, but what we have in NWI is a bevy of power hungry guys who will say one thing and do the other and tell you lies to benefit their agenda. My advice to Kim is to clean house, stand back and reflect on who is telling you what and ask why they are telling you anything.& You lost a very good guy in Rob Pastore and it is very troubling that the dark side was able to get to you to push him out. The only people happy with your decision are Democrats and the sleazy GOP crowd. There is a reason why they went after Rob. Think about it.
You did not have to look too far during this recent primary to see and hear the gossip and workings of the crooked politicians. These are the same guys who planted candidates in the District 1 race, who walked door to door with 28 year old Peter Lindemulder III, who with no experience in the real world, but with buckets of money, managed to pull out a number two spot.& Imagine that, a young guy who is unable to relate with the common man, as he was raised in a privileged environment, comes in second. If Pete Lindemulder III had received the primary nod it would have been another guaranteed Visclosky win. He would have run a half-assed race against Pete V. because he and his business partners want Visclosky to stay in.& Lindemulder has a vested interest in keeping Petey Visclosky in office through Visclosky’s earmark handouts and favorable legislation to the waste management industry.& We know w Peter Lindemulder will get a seat on the Lake County Waste Management board and wield the influence garnered by his father’s association with Allied Waste. Lindemulder was only running in the District 1 race to get name recognition. Nothing he will do will be in the people’s interest. Don’t be fooled by campaign rhetoric, Peter Lindemulder III would have been a younger version of Pete Visclosky.
Mark Leyva got the Democratic votes, again, and pulled down the #1 spot in District 1.& It was Operation C the Dems came out to vote Republican in the primary to make sure that Leyva won, again. Mark Leyva is a loser. He has lost every race for Pete’s seat since 1998. &Of course the Dems will vote for him in an open primary, there is nothing to lose, they switch back and vote Dem in the general, and& they have everything to gain by knowing that Mark will hand Pete& Visclosky another victory.& The only real race here is to see if Mark can set a record for losing& the longest and also give Visclosky the largest win percentage in Indiana history.
Valparaiso Mayor John Costas has to be in Pete Visclosky’s pocket. He got his brother-in-law, , to run in the District 1 race, effectively controlling what happened in Porter County, ensuring that votes were split off until there was nothing left and that nothing was and is Mark Leyva, AGAIN. Adam’s candidacy was a successful plot to split the vote and ensured that Visclosky would have no competition come November.& Thanks John,& Adam had no business in the race and you knew it. I attended many Lake and Porter County candidate forums and never once did I see Adam in attendance. I met one person out of hundreds that actually saw him at a forum and they said that Adam was pathetic, ill-equipped to even answer questions from the audience. If you think that Adam would be a good congressman then Valparaiso should take note and replace you come the next mayoral election.& John, your sense of what is good for the people is blinded by your desire to manipulate election results.& Ladies and gentlemen, just wait for it, wait for it… I bet that Valpo/Porter County gets a large chunk of ‘gimme’ money from a Visclosky earmark down the road.& Just wait and watch.
The general population is blind to the behind the scenes bullshit that these guys pull. The majority of the GOP people that I met do not have the people’ they have a narcissistic desire for power and control. This is evident in how they insert themselves into politics. Their conversations lean towards who is doing who and lots of anecdotes of what “so-and-so said”. They bend your ear to fill you in on what is really happening behind the scenes, talk smack about their fellow GOP pals and then turn a happy face on when in the company of those same persons.& Just think of elementary school yard politics on steroids. The difference between the school yard antics and what these GOP guys do is that the GOP guys are now adults and dangerous and affect all of our lives with their backroom deals, underhanded smear campaigns, stacking elections, vote splitting and ‘you name it’. They send in plants as candidates and they plant people in candidate campaigns to gather info and negatively affect the campaign. &Ask those same GOP dudes that want to influence Lake County about the issues and you will get a politicians dance with moves designed to never dive deep into the topic and never reveal that they do not have a grip on the issue. It is just a game to them.
Rob Pastore is a person who has the potential to stand in the way of corruption. Rob Pastore would actually govern FOR the people, knows the issues on top of his being ethical and moral. Those qualities made him a liability to politics as usual in Lake County.& It is disappointing that Kim Krull did not stand on her own, judging Rob’s merits and contributions and instead was influenced by not so hidden agendas.& Just when we thought that the Lake County GOP was growing a set, would recognize corrupt, power hungry politicians, we have this setback.
I am more than angry with what is happening with the Lake County GOP, I am frustrated with political corruption, the dangerous games they play with our lives, their complete inability in the primary to get out the vote and get people to the polls. I am livid that the GOP has fallen for the dirty games, dirty politics all of which was supposed to have been on its way out.
There is a lot of work to be done before we have honest and ethical representation in the Lake County GOP and in NWI. Some in the GOP have their heart in the right place and they must strive to weed out lies and corruption.
One good thing that comes from this is that Rob Pastore is free to run his Mayoral campaign with fewer distractions.
One Nerve Left
24 May 2010
Here is a little clip from our good pal Bob, who has posts on his site, ““.
It’s worth a trip over there to catch up on the latest rant.
What’s Next?
What’s Next?
What’s next?
One Nerve Left
20 May 2010
One Nerve Left
8 May 2010
and today is…
March 2015
23242526272829}

我要回帖

更多关于 of one own 的文章