I love to doingdoing okay 是...

I have no idea what I&m doing
Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.
-Somebody pretty wise
Justin Kan recently posed the question: ?
The ultimate good that comes from experience is that it teaches you this…
You’ll constantly find yourself in situations where you have no experience, and you have absolutely no idea what you’re doing.
But here’s the thing. You don’t need the experience. You just need some grit.
strength of character
In other words, you can figure it out.
See no matter how much experience I get, I continuously find myself in situations where I have no idea what I’m doing. I have countless personal tales of being neck deep in some type of problem or subject, and being completely baffled how I’m going to figure it out.
There was my freshman year honor’s Algebra class. Before the first day I wondered if someone made a mistake placing me in a class like this. I mean, I was a pretty good student. But I didn’t even have a decent pre-algebra class to prepare me. My suspicions were further confirmed on the first day.
The entire class was able to yell out the answer to this question: Expand the following expression:
(1 + 2x) * (3 + 4x)
Hold on, what!?
The class yells out FOIL! Chanting First… Outer… Inner… Last…
I had no idea what I was doing.
After many nights of my mom trying to teach herself and me these types of problems, I was still totally f*&ing baffled. It came to the point where I approached my Algebra teacher and fessed up that I’d only be a bit more lost if he was teaching the class in Italian, and maybe I should change classes.
Thank god for that Algebra teacher. I will always remember Mr. James G. Serpe. As he sucked on some Luden’s cough drops. (That man was addicted to Luden’s cough drops). He told me it was fine to move to a lower level math class, if that’s what I really wanted, but he warned.
“I think you can figure this out.”
Mr. Serpe had enough experience to have seen enough folks just as lost as I was eventually figure this stuff out. All it takes is some grit. Mr. Serpe said I could come over to his office hours after school.
I went every single day.
Eventually I figured the crap out of Algebra.
So much so, that I had the highest grade point average of my entire Freshman class (over 400 students) at the end of my Freshman year.
But the thing is, I continuously found myself drowning in the next subject in high school. In college it just got worse of course. And then after college? Oh My God. :)
There was the case of getting my first job after college. I wanted to be a software developer. But I got stuck doing really terrible stuff. My company didn’t think I had the education to be a developer. So I basically had to collect things people talked about in meetings that represented “requirements” and stick them into Word documents. I hated it. I wanted to be a developer. But…
So I stayed after work sucking down information from the internet on how to create websites and program software until the building would shut it’s lights off. (Actually, I stayed even after that.)
I downloaded Java so I could install it at home.
It took about 12 floppy disks. :)
In the end I finagled my way into a new career as a software developer at that same company. I became a pretty good Java developer. I then moved onto a senior engineer role at my next job. Then went onto be the technical co-founder of my own business, , in the second class of . Where there again, I found out…
There was the day when we realized the simple algorithm I was using to “score” people’s use of our tool wasn’t working. That “score” was the fundamental point of our business. And now, a guy had figured out how to completely game our system. My original algorithm was incredibly naive of course. I’ve never created something like this before. So I dug even further into the literature then I’ve ever gone before. Finding algorithms from the best minds in the industry we were in ().
I was looking at papers
from Robin Hanson, a pioneer in prediction markets. And I thought algebra was tough? Jesus, was I completely lost.
But I worked at turning Robin’s equations and papers into something I could understand. Something I could put into Ruby code to fuel our software.
After weeks and weeks and weeks of battle… including a vacation weekend where my wife and I went camping. I just sat with a calculator and a notebook on our campsite looking to make all these algorithms and choices make some kind of sense.
I finally figured this thing out.
Then there was the time CNN was a client and stuck a link to Inkling . Multiple days in a row. I’ve never had experience creating a dynamic website that could handle millions of people every single day (let alone using Ruby on Rails to do this).
But of course, I figured something out. Figured out the bottlenecks and performance problems to keep the few servers we had from melting down.
Fast forward to today. I’ve had over 6 years of experience helping to start and run my own profitable software business. Over those years, I’ve wanted to give up a countless number of times. These were just a few stories of dozens where I couldn’t possibly fathom how we at the company were going to figure out how to get through our next challenge. But we did.
Now I find myself in the middle of starting a new project and a new business. And…
I have no idea what I’m doing.
My first attempts at products in this new business haven’t quite gone right. I’m working on the next something I have some hope might be it. But I’m baffled at how it’s going to work out. I have some insane competition in what I want to achieve. How am I possibly going to get through this?
But if experience has taught me anything…
I’ll figure this out.
And you will too.两道英语情景对话题,-How is it going,Tom?
A.Oh,okay,I guess.
B.Not doing wrong.
C.Sorry,I'm not so good.
D.Noting,thanks
2.-Can I help you,sir?
A.Yes,you can help me.
B.No,I don_百度作业帮
两道英语情景对话题,-How is it going,Tom?
A.Oh,okay,I guess.
B.Not doing wrong.
C.Sorry,I'm not so good.
D.Noting,thanks
2.-Can I help you,sir?
A.Yes,you can help me.
B.No,I don
两道英语情景对话题,-How is it going,Tom?& - ( & & & )& & A.Oh,okay,I guess.& & & B.Not doing wrong.& & & &C.Sorry,I'm not so good.& & & &D.Noting,thanks& &2.-Can I help you,sir?& & & -( & & & &)& & &A.Yes,you can help me.& & & B.No,I don't &need any help & & C.Of course,if you like& & &D.No,thanks,I'm being served& 请问第二题的I'm being
第一个问题问tom过得怎样,it在这指代these days.所以他要针对情况作出回答.A可以.B的话是说没做错什么,没出什么差错,不符合.C是sorry开头,明显他也没需要道歉.D的 nothing,通常是回答what have happened to you?时用的,也不合第二个问题我们在遇到别人提供帮助时,一般不直接拒绝.如果接受,通常要先表示谢谢really?thank you..拒绝的话要说明原因:thank you ,but someone are serving me...之类的,所以最好的是D
请问那个I'm being served是什么意思啊?谢谢
请问那个I'm being served是什么意思啊?谢谢
I是主语,am being served中,am是谓语,后面接动名词.ving。因为我是被服务的,所以serve的态应该是be served。把be served放到am后面就可以得出答案了。
第一个是问最近怎么样,第二个是问我可以帮你吗?我也是刚从初一升上来的!
B询问最近怎么样?回答,没什么问题。其他的选项都不对。D您要点什么?不,谢谢。
A.Oh,okay,I guess.2 D.No,thanks,I'm being served既然情景对话
就不用解释了吧英语翻译帮下忙_百度作业帮
英语翻译帮下忙
英语翻译帮下忙
我现在感觉还好,既说不上非常棒、非常开心,也说不上有多糟糕,还好就是还好,这就行了.
我一般般,不伟大,不令人刮目相看,也不令人恐怖,就是一般般。我觉得这样很好。
我现在还不错,不伟大、不使人震惊、不糟糕,就是一般,这样就好了。
我做着好,不伟大不惊奇,不可怕的okay,并且那是好的
我做得很好,不是很大,不惊人,不可怕只是还好,那就是没事
我做的好,不错,好可怕好吗,而不只是那是最好不过了love_百度作业帮
love doing 指喜欢做,可能正在做,长期性、经常性、习惯性地喜欢做某事,一时性地喜欢做某事、往往含有心血来潮的意味.I‘m doing okay, not great, not amazing, not horrible,just okay
发布: 20:02:11作者:微博星座运势
I‘m doing okay, not great, not amazing, not horrible,just okay. And that is okay.我过得还可以,不好不坏,不惊不喜,一切只是还可以。这样的生活我觉得也挺好。
48小时点击榜
Copyright (C)
Inc. All Rights Reserved.
上海看看牛视网络传播有限公司 版权所有}

我要回帖

更多关于 love to doing 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信