When do you always love you...

Any questions about EXO (or me) are welcomed ^^
designoks @Twitter //
-c- down, when he sensed someone else was trying to speak. i personally think it's the editing sometimes that makes it appear like he always butts in, when he shouldn't. (which is one of the many reasons people don't like him on variety shows?). i'm tired of hearing it. how do you stay so positive?
-2- who are you lemme kiss you for this &3 ;a; because yes, that mnet appearance is one of those things that shows how responsive baekhyun is, how he quickly adapts to any situation, any question he gets. And he's just so on point.& yes I've noticed this before when somebody is trying to speak he doesn't butt in or keep talking along without giving any chances to this person, he steps down immediately, the only things you hear at this moment are his &ne&s or laughs here or there :)/sigh/ we never know, but I do agree with you that sometimes editing can make things look completely different, or this when we see screen caps/previews of a certain moment & when the actual thing is airing - this moment looks completely different (i hope i don't sound confusing lol)it's tiring to hear this IA,
when ppl jump on him without any real reason, because aside those skin issues, most of the time all this &i'm so annoyed/disappointed/whatever by him& are just groundless...idk how I stay this positive in the middle of dramas on a regular basis, being a Baekhyun stan is awesome & tiring at the same time, when some attitude towards him just pisses you off because it';;;I just open my baekhyun gifs folder or click play for his precious donkey seal laugh or just go & watch some videos to calm myself down, or start to spam my tlist with everything baekhyun, i guess this helps a lot 8Dto add this item to your wishlist, follow it, or mark it as not interested
Buy Always Sometimes Monsters
$9.99 USD
Packages that include this game
Buy Always Sometimes Monsters: Soundtrack Edition
Includes 2 items:
Always Sometimes Monsters, Always Sometimes Monsters - Soundtrack
$14.99 USD
Downloadable Content For This Game
$4.99 USD
Recommended By Curators
"A creative choice and consequence simulator that while not heavy on graphics and gameplay, is a very interesting &create your own story& game."
Recent updates
10 January
Hey Vagabonds,
We've had a lot of people e-mail, tweet, and ask us in person how we got started making Always Sometimes Monsters and the always simple to use RPG Maker system is invariably part of our answer.
While RPG Maker VX Ace (and it's grandpappy XP) are incredibly easy to use, with the right dedication and some inventive thinking it can do a lot of things you'd never expect from such a neophyte-friendly tool.
With that in mind, we are happy to announce that in partnership with Degica and the folks at RPG Maker Web we are launching Environments Inspired by Always Sometimes Monsters.
This is a fully-featured tileset system for RPG Maker VX Ace that uses resources pulled from Always Sometimes Monsters and reformatted to work in any modern-setting project. Whether you're producing a fangame or an original work, this pack will get you on your way to building fleshed out cities, offices, hospitals, homes, and a whole lot more.
If you're interested in developing games, RPG Maker is a great place to start and hopefully this new asset pack will help you on that journey.
You can grab it here, discounted temporarily:
All the best,
Vagabond Dog
10 January
Hey Vagabonds,
We've had a lot of people e-mail, tweet, and ask us in person how we got started making Always Sometimes Monsters and the always simple to use RPG Maker system is invariably part of our answer.
While RPG Maker VX Ace (and it's grandpappy XP) are incredibly easy to use, with the right dedication and some inventive thinking it can do a lot of things you'd never expect from such a neophyte-friendly tool.
With that in mind, we are happy to announce that in partnership with Degica and the folks at RPG Maker Web we are launching Environments Inspired by Always Sometimes Monsters.
This is a fully-featured tileset system for RPG Maker VX Ace that uses resources pulled from Always Sometimes Monsters and reformatted to work in any modern-setting project. Whether you're producing a fangame or an original work, this pack will get you on your way to building fleshed out cities, offices, hospitals, homes, and a whole lot more.
If you're interested in developing games, RPG Maker is a great place to start and hopefully this new asset pack will help you on that journey.
You can grab it here, discounted temporarily:
All the best,
Vagabond Dog
“Always Sometimes Monsters deals in chaos and quantum theories – in every second of our lives, we make choices that forever impact our timelines going forward, dictating whether we keep or lose friends, maintain a job or succeed in our goals. We are the masters of our destinies, Always Sometimes Monsters says – but we can't control other people's lives. That's where it gets tricky.”
4/5 –
“It's an earnest look at life under tough economic pressure, at love when things don't go according to plan and at a creative career during its shittiest lows. It has a lot to say, and importantly, it speaks from the heart.”
8/10 –
“Always Sometimes Monsters isn't the first game to get clever with morality. It's not the first game that's had a few grey areas. It also isn't about either of those. It's about perspective. It's about empathy. It's about who we are and why we do what we do. That narrative is one of contradiction and hypocrisy, because that's what real people are about.”
9/10 –
Content Warning
Always Sometimes Monsters has content dealing with racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, mental health, sexual assault, child abuse, animal abuse, drug abuse, and suicide.
About This Game
Out of money and out of luck you find yourself heart broken and on the verge of collapse. Your landlord's taken the key back, you can't finish your manuscript, and your beloved is marrying someone else. With no choice but to handle whatever life throws at you, you set out on the open road on a mission to win back the love of your life. The story from there is up to you. Can your life be salvaged, or are we always sometimes monsters?
Choice
A story-driven experience focusing on relationships and emotional bonds rather than traditional RPG combat and adventuring. Indecision is your enemy and empathy is your weapon in a quest to earn one last chance to win back the love of your life.
Circumstance
Choose from characters of different gender, race, and sexual preference and live through the common experiences and unique hardships of each based on your selection. NPCs may treat you differently based on your gender, race, or sexual preference opening and closing different paths along the way.
Consequence
Each playthrough is filled with a staggering number of diverging paths that can be discovered through both overt actions and subtle choices in conversation. The journey you experience will be tailored to your personal ethical compass as your decisions both conscious and subconscious change your fate.
Download the original Always Sometimes Monsters soundtrack by
featuring 15 remastered tracks from the game. .
System Requirements
SteamOS + Linux
Minimum:
Processor: Intel Pentium 4, 2.0 Ghz or faster
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Graphics: 1024 x 768 desktop resolution or better
Hard Drive: 500 MB available space
Additional Notes: No Steam Overlay Support
Minimum:
Memory: 2000 MB RAM
Graphics: OpenGL 2.0 capable graphics card
Additional Notes: Steam Achievements not supported, Steam Overlay enabled
Minimum:
Memory: 2000 MB RAM
Graphics: OpenGL 2.0 capable graphics card
Sound Card: Open AL compatible
Additional Notes: Steam Achievements not supported, Steam Overlay enabled
Copyright (C) Vagabond Dog 2013. All Rights Reserved
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
13.8 hrs on record
Pre-emptive warning: I haven't spoiled any major plot points, but there are some tonal spoilers for one of the game's endings.I err on the side of recommending this game, but I can't claim that it isn't very deeply flawed. Its main failing is that the story is about a lot of things, but the ending is 100% reliant on whether or not you &win back& your love interest. Personally, I thought it would be most satisfying to play a character initially very deeply set on reconnecting with his ex, but gradually coming to terms with the breakup and, in the end, letting the ceremony go uninterrupted. In this playthough, I had been successful in almost every aspect of my life: religiously keeping a journal, participating only in activities I believed in, and treating everyone with kindness. My character's future was promising. So, what ending did I get? The one where I'm suicidal, nihilistic and alone because I couldn't bear the pain of losing my ex-girlfriend, who I'd had every intention of getting over on the way to her wedding. This is the only ending possible if you fail to &win her back&, regardless of your other achievements or the way you've roleplayed your character. The game as a whole could be massively improved by the removal of the framing device at the beginning and end, as, for many endings, it fundamentally doesn't make sense and stands contrary to the story's themes. There's a fine post-credits scene, but it didn't negate my confusion at my character's hysterical response to making a perfectly fair, mature decision that, in my mind, caused him no great pain. It was a very &Huh?& moment for me. As for the rest of the story, it's pretty good. Extremely tonally uneven (I found myself going &Really?& probably a dozen times) but not at all bad when you look past that, and I genuinely enjoyed most of the campaign. The trip was gruelling but satisfying, with more than its share of close calls and poignant moments, and it felt like I was coming to the end of a long journey when I finally arrived at the ex's wedding location. It's not realistic, but there's a realness to it -- something humbling about the situations you're faced with, an earnestness in the way the game presents love, friendship, and hope. I guess that's why I felt degraded by the ending... I mean, how can my character be so nihilistic when the past month has probably been the most interesting in his life? He's learned so much, experienced so much, yet the game gives me a pitch-black failstate because I didn't adhere to the arbitrary goal. It's not only unsatisfying, but also troubling philosophically. I guess I would recommend this game with the cliche that you should focus on the journey, not the desitation... or play with the LI in mind. Either way.
Was this review helpful?
4.8 hrs on record
Always Sometimes Monsters is frequently tedious and rife with things that shatter any suspension of disbelief. I had high hopes for this game, but it really fails to deliver on its promise of an open story of moral ambiguity in favor of a tedious romp through a poorly explained plot that looks like it was written by a 15-year-old going through their &edgy& stage. There is a lot to do, but none of it feels especially worth doing, and a lot of it affects nothing so far as I can tell. Maybe there's a point to buying crab rather than chicken apart from wasting money. Also, ideas like &Sandwich Furtures& traded at a terminal in a sandwich shop, banks that require a security question to make a deposit, and day care providers willing to overlook an allegation of terrorism on a criminal background check are all sufficiently stupid (and not actually funny) that they do nothing but detract from the story.The characters are too close to being parodies of archetypes to feel truly endearing, and some of them are introduced to disappear completely from the game moments later. I stayed at a girl's house for nine days and saw her exactly once, despite the fact that the she seemed like she could be an interesting and dramatic character. Meanwhile, I have to deal with the Kurt Cobain / Courtney Love analogues far more than I want. Too often, the choices I wanted to make I could not, and the questions I wanted answered were not.Production-wise, the graphics are bland and inconsistent Some characters look completely different in their close-up versions and their walking versions. The imagery is often too cartoony for how dark the subject matter is trying to be (although a lot of that &darkness& comes off as a ham-fisted attempt at shock value), but not cartoony enough to feel like more than a bland vaguely anime look. The sound effects are ear-bleedingly jarring at times, with obnoxious beeps and sudden bursts of animal noise contrasted by the near complete silence of the game world apart from the music (of which I have generally few complaints). Even when the sound effects are appropriate, the lack of other appropriate sound effects make them feel out of place. If that was a design decision, it was a terrible one, but judging by the overall production value, I suspect they just couldn't be bothered to put any serious work into them.I'm glad I got this as part of bundle, because I'd feel cheated if I paid for this by itself.
Was this review helpful?
2 people found this review funny
14.2 hrs on record
Got tricked into playing as an asian lesbianReceived dirty pictures almost instatnly Had a poo three times in a rowWas racially abused within 5 minutesRobbed an old lady of her baseball cardsKilled pigs for half an hour to accquire doshThrown into a homeless shelter because I didn't buy a bag and got beated to death by guardsBlew up someones car and left his 5 children to fend for themselves in the ????-end of nowhereGot my backstabbing ????? of a best friend shot and had a panic attackAll this to get my girlfriend backShe dumped me againEnded up as a suicidal hobo10/10 accurate representation of my everyday life
Was this review helpful?
16.0 hrs on record
A classic case of an initial concept losing its way.Play the first few hours, read reviews or previews, and you'll see an emotionally-driven story about choice and fate, where you're penniless and broken and have to go on a difficult journey to getting your life and partner back.However, all these concepts get abandoned and by the end you're left unfulfilled, with cop-outs and odd character behaviour along the way, until the game is telling you you're a broke bum who desperately wants your ex back, when in fact you the player are ACTUALLY full of money and don't give a crap about the ex because s/he's a jerk.You might go through hell and do drugs if it meant getting the love of your life back, but would you do it just to go to someone's wedding? No, but the game apparently thinks people do that.As a cop-out, you even get to make some choices about the actual plot. As in you decide who dumped who, and why. But this one 'choice' hidden away in a conversation, a couple of hours before the end, is what impacts the ending most of all, without even alluding to it. Madness.In one person's story, you dumped a girl because you wanted to bang some more chicks, then changed your mind and crashed the wedding and she came crawling back. In another player's story, you got dumped and now you're acting like a crazed stalker to see her again and ruin everything. In another, you may not give a crap about her. The game, however, is adamant that in each scenario you're going to the wedding to crash it or be a wuss and do the whole &I just want her to be happy but I still love her& shtick, and likely end up depressed anyway. Because the plot isn't as flexible with choice as it wants to say it is.Other little things about the game can make it frustrating. Press space to speed up the text, and you might end up accidentally making a choice that pops up without the usual pause, and you'll have to reload your most recent save. Play Blackjack and if you and the dealer have the same hand (a 'push'), you still LOSE.In hindsight, my hours would've been better spent playing something else.
Was this review helpful?
1 person found this review funny
8.8 hrs on record
+ Lots of subtle and self-aware humor+ Interesting concept for a game, in that you're essentially a typical human being attempting to remedy a very human relationship+ Boasts a real sense of emotional depth+ NPCs have a lot of lines written into them, giving interactions a fair a this makes the world feel a bit more alive+ Initial character selection is creative and a sets up the manner of open-ended gameplay that stays with you throughout the adventure+ Consequences of your choices are readily apparent in that you feel the impact one way or another+ Occasional minigames are fun and do much to shake up the pace a bit+ Detailed environments and set-design+ Ambient soundtrack sets the mood perfectly- Though seemingly intentional in its design, it can be hard to shake off the monotony of performing various (often dull) odd jobs for little cash reward- Plot is slow to perform, overall, and often becomes a bit tedious to wade throughIf you enjoyed this review, please follow my . Also, feel free to join my group,
for discussion and announcements. Thanks for reading!
Was this review helpful?
5.8 hrs on record
I really wanted to like this game, but I haven't been able to immerse myself in this world for reasons that escape me.
|I LIKE pixel graphics.
I LIKE thought-provoking concepts.
I LIKE things that aren't based around world war whatever or aliens or zombies or goats.
Too many of the situations in the game come off as trite. However, maybe I will eventually come around to enjoy this, but as it stands the world is/was too bland and forced.
Was this review helpful?
72.2 hrs on record
Wow, this game is good.I'm a sucker for any game with a good story and Alway Sometimes Monsters does not disappoint. Not only does this game feel real but it also makes you think. I really do enjoy the simple graphics and I just love games that let you chose your sexuality instead of forcing you to be straight. I want more games like this.
Was this review helpful?
2.3 hrs on record
This was a real pleasure to play through. I wouldn't call this a click adventure, although there isn't much &gameplay&, as your words speak louder than actions here. I liked the art style presented here, the basic 8 bit graphics work wonders. It'a a shame there wasn't any voice acting as this would of made the whole experience even better but I can look past this since it is so well written. The story had me gripped, there is plenty of replay value as you can have different endings from what I've worked out, although you might want to spread out your game plays since chain playing this could probably get boring fast. There is also a sense of an open world here too. You can walk around and always find something different to do.A full playthrough took me about three hours, is it worth the ?6,99? definitely.
Was this review helpful?
3.7 hrs on record
It's very difficult to recommend this game despite its rather lofty goals, which I respect. However, it fails to deliver on practically any of them, including an engaging premise. The consequence-driven gameplay is little more than a thinly-veiled illusion and the &adult choices& amount to little more than having tosubject yourself to menial, boring minigames in the semblance of menial, boring labor to earn a paycheck. There's little reality here, despite all its claims to be more mature and adult. I respect what the devs tried to do, but ultimately, they failed.
Was this review helpful?
0.1 hrs on record
You'll notice that I only got 5 minutes on this game. Because I played the GoG version of this game already, and I just felt like increasing my game count on Steam when I got this off the latest Humble Bundle. Also because Steam requires me to play the game for 5 minutes before I can post a review. Don't let the lack of hours here influence your opinion, please. I'm sure my review below will show that I know the game. This review was also orignally going to be MUCH longer, but it turns out that Steam doesn't like it when I write too many words.ASM is a game made in RPGmaker, which already earns it negative points because RPGmaker is an awful engine, that is all about your choices, expect not really. You're allowed to pick your character from a handful of characters in a room, and then you can pick your LI from a handful of characters in another room. Yes, you can choose to be a gay man, or a lesbian, because this game wants you to think its ~progressive~ when the entire game is written to be pretenious. The game has you going from town to town and sometimes experiencing flashbacks, trying to earn money and fix the &main problem& in each town so you can get to your LI and try to stop her wedding. Of course, you also get dialogue choices that allow you to say &Nah, I'm over her&, but they don't matter and I'll tell you why soon. The game has four &towns& for you to deal with, with the first town having the most content. It's an awful place that lets you see first hand how choices don't matter at all. You did Option A? Ending A happens. Did Option B? Ending A still happens, but with a teensy-tiny variation. The only time where the game isn't sniffing its own ???????? is in the second town when it decides to correctly say Republicans and Democrats are both terrible people who are in corporate pockets.There are also flashbacks, as mentioned, about your college life and the life you had with your LI. These flashbacks, for me, only confirmed that my old college friend and my LI were both huge ???????s who I would refuse to deal with if I had the choice, which I don't, because this game provides as much &freedom of choice& as a Fable game, but at least Fable can provide variations in the endings for each choice. Anyway, when you meet your LI, it turns out they didn't want you at the wedding, but your friend, who is marrying LI, invited you. The same friend that your LI told you to screw over and the same friend that your LI called a creepy little stalker. Turns out your friend managed to get a publishing deal even after you screwed him (guess your LI only wants to go with whomever is gonna get the deal), and the LI's father decides to confront you on your choices in the game, even through it doesn't matter, because all you can say is &I regret it& and &I don't regret it&. You are also asked for the reason you're around, and I reconfirmed that I was around only to say goodbye to my LI. You're forced to go to Vegas and gamble because you probably only got $1000 to your name and you need $15000 if you want to buy a tuxedo and get the best &ending& for you and your friend (otherwise he dies or you lose your book deal).Wedding happens, I let the girl go so she can get married, and yet despite me saying repeatedly that I did not want to get back with my LI, I turn out to become a bum because she was my TRUE LUV and without her, despite the fact that I could easily get a job and find someone else, I'm just a useless sack of ????.So I replayed it, this time going for the girl, slightly changing my choices, mostly taking the bad ones, dealing with that AWFUL boxing minigame in the third town, telling the parent I regret all my choices and I want the girl back, and then I win her back. Woo. Now my friend is the bum because she was his TRUE LUV even though he had his own book deal he could finish, and he was doing pretty god damn fine before he got with the girl.This game doesn't respect your choices. It doesn't even care about them. It's a game about you being in true love with a huge ????? (or huge ??????? if its a guy), your friend being a prick, and everyone you know being useless ???????s, except for the cowboy guy in Town 3, who was the only person in the game worthy of any respect. I was tempted to play a 3rd time and make all the worst choices, because I suspect so long as you say &I regret&, you want the LI back, you make sure your book deal is safe and that your &friend& lives, you can get the &best end&, which is you getting back with an awful person.I regret the money I paid for for this game on GoG and regret the dollar I gave to Humble Bundle, since it included this piece of crap. 3/10, and that's only because I'm feeling generous. I wish Steam would increase the character count for reviews so I can really get into how awful this game is. Now to remove this piece of crap from my computer again.
Was this review helpful?
14.8 hrs on record
Overall I enjoyed this game. The story was pretty cool. It got pretty repeative at times but it was ok.One thing I was disappointed into was the ending. I got the &good end& and it felt like it shouldve continued more further on. Ending didn't give me that satisfied feeling that I was looking for, we we're kinda left hanging. So the game was ok and I enjoyed it somewhat but the ending was a turn off.
Was this review helpful?
11.4 hrs on record
Good game, unlike other games in the market this will give a new experience taking decisions which will effect the story.7/10 worth to try in a discounted price ? Interesting story? Nice pixal graphics.? Great sound track.? Sometimes the story might get borring.
Was this review helpful?
6.2 hrs on record
It proves one more time that even with a tool like the RPG Maker you could make brilliant games like this one with some hard work. Pretty much a gem for me.
Was this review helpful?
13.5 hrs on record
Overall rating: 8.4 / 10It is not good when you are at loss of words while trying to write a useful review. I have started up this game expecting a decent story that normally comes with this genre, but I have not hoped to get what I did. Developing a decent game is hard as there are many aspects to consider and implement them in a good way but is totally different to create a masterpiece.I would go as far to pin a tag &Educational& on this game as it will lead you through an endless really hard and realistic decisions a person may have to make during their lives. The game uses very interesting and perhaps cheeky ways of turning the character you control into yourself, a really hard achievment that makes me both love and in a weird way - hate this game. Before I realized what is going on, it was telling a story about myself.People speak of how good or bad games are and it is really rare when you just wish to say: &Thank you& like i do now. Thank you.---------------------------------------------------------------------Pixel art: 8.5 / 10Mostly very pleasant, detailed looking game. Every room is made beautifully and aside one counter you can walk over, everything works perfect.Story: 10 / 10While it may seem the story is slow progressing at the start, soon you come to realize it just perfect and that any word you say or any action you do or do not do may lead you into another totally different way. The game branches quite nicely and in reality speaks about you. It will throw at you the hardest possible choices and just perhaps help you find your place in the world, both in game and in real life. There are no crazy things in this game, no dragons or unicorns. Consider it a life simulator. A great one in my opinion.Soundtrack: 7.5 / 10Not memorable, not annoying. However, it sets the mood perfectly and follows you through the game quietly, allowing you to focus on everything else. I think it fits the game well.Controls: 8 / 10Like any RPG pixel game, controls are not too difficult or confusing. I have found it interesting though as you have to pause the game to access your inventory. Walking speed of the character seemed too slow at parts, but nothing of this ruins the game, especially if you have some patience and like exploring.Fun factor: 8 / 10Full recommendation!
Was this review helpful?
3.5 hrs on record
Well what to say about this game.... To be 100% honest the only reason I chose to play this was because it offered me cards and I got it as a side dish in one of my humble bundles, but that aside.... I enjoyed my time playing it.I like the game. I like it because it has a charm about it, games don't always have to be some epic tale about how you slew the dragon or about what kind of kill-streak you're going to get, this game just tells life how it is for some people. I mean seriously, I never figured I would enjoy a game that literally let me watch my neighbor granny give a blow-job, or when I had to sell all my stocks of sandwiches in order to eat for the day, which by the way I had at least 8 bacon burgers that day... oh yeah also I got drugs for this one lady and then she gave me a key to her apartment, next day I walked in on her getting ????ed by her boyfriend, &You just gonna stand there or join in?&10/10Either way, I guess the point I'm trying to make is that it's serious, but it's not too serious, the game is fun, and you make it with what choices you make, so the game really shows off well in a lot of aspects.So yeah, get it play it etc. fun game, I'm glad I was forced to sit through a few hours playing.Standard Game RatingStory: 10/10 (Refreshing choose your own story and stuff, it's great.)Gameplay: 6/10 (Well, the game doesnt rate highly here but its good fun to sit down for a few hours to nonetheless.)Presentation: 8/10 (RPG Maker? maybe but at least its better than average.)Soundtrack: 9/10 (I liked it)Replayability: 8/10 (If you play through all the paths I guess it will run out)
Was this review helpful?
22.8 hrs on record
Always I aim for the best ending, and I ended getting the worst in the first playthrough lol. Thanks to my trusty friend Standby422216 (my other gamer buddy) for joining me for this ride by my side &3. Here's my thoughts and review of the game, along with my expirience. No spoilers, promise.So I played it through once, choosing answers and choices that I would normally choose, and then played it again following a guide to get the best of both worlds. I definitely recommend you doing the same. It's how I got a full experience. :)Not having any strategy guide (or any guide in particular) was difficult at first, especially with how oblivious I am as a person, so you could only imganine how many wrong turns I took going at it. LOL. Anyway, given how it's supposed to be a realistic &pick and choose/your choice determine the outcome& type of game, not having a guide would actually make sense, seeing as how life itself doesn't come with a guide. Back to the game, however, I give it a 9/10. The storyline is absolutely amazing and delivers a better show of how reality can be tough while still adding a little flavor of that romantic fantasy like feel. I've always been a sucker for &choose the outcome& type of games, so I was really happy when I found this gem. (Many thanks to Cryaotic on YouTube for introducing me!) Also another reason is how the game made me feel very touched to each of the characters. Each character (that mattered) was very well rounded and I appreciated every one of them. Another reason was how the game had me at the edge of my seat with every choice I made. It reminds the player that once you make a choice, you can't go back. (Of course, you can here, because hey, save files, but that doesn't really work irl does it?) The game kept me involved and coming back for more each time. I played it twice to get the full feel, and I seldom play games twice this quickly.Now as for the downside or the 9, I have to say that some parts of the game were extremely tedious and unnecessarily long, such as working to farm money. I mean, sure, working irl can be tedious and boring, but it feels a bit draggy in a videogame. Also, I wouldn't have minded perhaps a more juicy/romantic scene as a reward for getting the best ending (because it's a tad difficult to accomplish) but hey, again, I'm a weird gal and that's just my opinion. Once again, 9/10. Great game overall. Thanks for the memories, Vagabond Dog!
Was this review helpful?
2.8 hrs on record
Im trying to be good guy... aaaaand Im hacking terminal to help mayor win his election but I fell from vents when sneaking in the town hall and killed a guard.
Was this review helpful?
14.6 hrs on record
It was a short interesting game.
Was this review helpful?
6.4 hrs on record
First part, when trying to pay the rent and getting involved in the matters about our friends was great, basically trying to survive in a modern world, and if that idea was continued instead of turning the game into a love story, this game could have been great but looking for the long gone love of the protagonist made me feel the rest of the game was simply out of place.Still, you should give it a try for the first part.
Was this review helpful?
15.9 hrs on record
This game is disappointing on many levels, but the quickest way to explain it is &The ride was much more enjoyable than the destination&. The Good:I enjoyed Always Sometimes Monsters for how inclusive it is and the little changes it makes for the character you choose and the sexuality of that character. The attention to detail is really nice. Some parts of the game are monotonous, but I find that it completely jives with the overall theme of the game. I didn't have a problem being bored, because the boredom of mundane work is kind of the point of the game. I did enjoy the many ethic decision making the game forces upon you. I did find out something about myself that I didn't know before playing, and that experience is very rare for someone as self-reflective as me. The Bad:The end is terrible. I expected my past decisions in the game to affect how I would choose the ending, but they didn't. The ending you get depends complete on the last 3 days that are completely scripted and on rails. I was enjoying my freedom for most of the game and then suddenly everything went into this singular tunnel. A lot of the choices are binary, but it's never more apparent than at the end of the game. Another problem is I kept thinking that the time limit would be more constrictive, but I got to the goal with double digit days left over and I got no reward for showing up early. In essence, the game punished me for being efficient. This also makes it possible for you to play the game with no real reason to ever deviate from society’s moral standards. You don't have to choose between love and ethics, you're choosing between working hard and being lazy since you have a ton of time to make it to your destination. This game has the same problems as Tale Tale Game' choices are fun, endings that are not meaningfully impacted by your previous decisions ruins the fun. What would have made it better:More moral choices, giving how many days until certain jobs or areas open up, telling you how many towns are between you and the goal, and finally make a decent ending(s). Recommendation:Skip this game. It's pretentious and the ending will spoil any fun you'll have during the game. I am excited for the next game from this studio, but this experimental game is far from optimized. It suffers from being part of the first wave and I hope the devs will learn a lot from it and from the community response to it.
Was this review helpful?
Loading reviews...
Languages:
Full audio
Includes 10 Steam Achievements
Title: Always Sometimes Monsters
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 21 May, 2014
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Always Sometimes Monsters
Always Sometimes Monsters: Soundtrack Edition
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &}

我要回帖

更多关于 always love you 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信